badlatitude

Draft Evading Chickenhawk Tells Generals 'I wouldn't Go to War With You People'

It is pretty disgusting that we had to hear of this episode from a book two years after it happened. Are there any good people at all left in Washington to tell the people the truth?

Trump’s first complaint was to repeat what he had vented about to his national security adviser months earlier: South Korea should pay for a $10 billion missile defense system that the United States built for it. The system was designed to shoot down any short- and medium-range ballistic missiles from North Korea to protect South Korea and American troops stationed there. But Trump argued that the South Koreans should pay for it, proposing that the administration pull U.S. troops out of the region or bill the South Koreans for their protection.

“We should charge them rent,” Trump said of South Korea. “We should make them pay for our soldiers. We should make money off of everything.”

Trump proceeded to explain that NATO, too, was worthless. U.S. generals were letting the allied member countries get away with murder, he said, and they owed the United States a lot of money after not living up to their promise of paying their dues.

“They’re in arrears,” Trump said, reverting to the language of real estate. He lifted both his arms at his sides in frustration. Then he scolded top officials for the untold millions of dollars he believed they had let slip through their fingers by allowing allies to avoid their obligations.

“We are owed money you haven’t been collecting!” Trump told them. “You would totally go bankrupt if you had to run your own business.”

. . .

“I want to win,” he said. “We don’t win any wars anymore . . . We spend $7 trillion, everybody else got the oil and we’re not winning anymore.”

Trump by now was in one of his rages. He was so angry that he wasn’t taking many breaths. All morning, he had been coarse and cavalier, but the next several things he bellowed went beyond that description. They stunned nearly everyone in the room, and some vowed that they would never repeat them. Indeed, they have not been reported until now.

“I wouldn’t go to war with you people,” Trump told the assembled brass.

Addressing the room, the commander in chief barked, “You’re a bunch of dopes and babies.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/youre-a-bunch-of-dopes-and-babies-inside-trumps-stunning-tirade-against-generals/2020/01/16/d6dbb8a6-387e-11ea-bb7b-265f4554af6d_story.html

7 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

I hope he suffers a humiliating painful death and does some soon

I don't care to see him die, but a permanent humiliation where he couldn't even show his face outside would be pretty cool.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

I don't care to see him die, but a permanent humiliation where he couldn't even show his face outside would be pretty cool.

Remove his ability to tweet

2 minutes ago, jerseyguy said:

They have tried to do that, but Jack Dorsey won't go for it. He's probably afraid that kicking Trump out would allow competition to launch a challenger to his business. 

9 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

They have tried to do that, but Jack Dorsey won't go for it. He's probably afraid that kicking Trump out would allow competition to launch a challenger to his business. 

Like who? Facebook? That won’t go over well with a Dem admin.

11 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

Can you Tweet from prison?  

5 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

Can you Tweet from prison?  

No phones in prison. I would enjoy Tweets/pics from guards showing him eating a bologna sandwich on white bread, and exercising in the yard. maybe a pic of his luxurious 6x10 cell would be nice.

1 hour ago, Fakenews said:

I hope he suffers a humiliating painful death and does so soon.

You mean the world completely ignores him?  To him, that is death.

54 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

No phones in prison. I would enjoy Tweets/pics from guards showing him eating a bologna sandwich on white bread, and exercising in the yard.

can't exercise, not enough ticks left

Just now, MR.CLEAN said:

I'd be happy to send him a bag of ticks.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

I bet he has both ticks and fleas after a month in solitary.

Don't think for a moment that he will ever see the inside of a jail cell, unless he really does not have any money. If he has to face the justice system for the Rest Americans instead of the one for the Best Americans, it's possible. 

But that will never happen. 

10 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Don't think for a moment that he will ever see the inside of a jail cell, unless he really does not have any money. If he has to face the justice system for the Rest Americans instead of the one for the Best Americans, it's possible. 

But that will never happen. 

The feds will never touch him, but I wouldn't say the same for the states. He still faces many problems in retirement.

1 minute ago, badlatitude said:

The feds will never touch him, but I wouldn't say the same for the states. He still faces many problems in retirement.

Even at the state level, there are two very different justice systems in this country.  

1 minute ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Even at the state level, there are two very different justice systems in this country.  

No doubt. States are more given to recognize the 'no man is above the law' rule of law and the Supreme Court would take a serious hit if they tried to block a conviction of someone who used to be president. A jury trial would be iffy at best, even if a lot of money changed hands.

Just now, Blue Crab said:

As long as people are bribable there will be levels of justice. 

Absolutely, especially when we are talking about seriously big bucks. Still, it hedges a lot on poll numbers and how deeply disliked Trump is in retirement.

“I wouldn’t go to war with you people,” Trump told the assembled brass. I have bone spurs"

1 hour ago, Blue Crab said:

As long as people are bribable there will be levels of justice. 

True, but the only way one of the Best Americans gets any real time for non-violent crime is if they rob other Best Americans. Ask Madoff.  

Robbing the unwashed masses is Capitalism. 

So far as I know, no one gets to choose with whom they are sent to war.  

Soldiers, sailors, airmen and marines are posted to units.  Units get moved about like chess pieces on a board.  Once you sign up, sometimes you get asked for your preference or choice, but pretty much you go where you are told and when to be there.  

Maybe one of these will hit home.  

Lawsuits around United States Constitution[edit]

Lawsuits around Executive Orders[edit]

Lawsuit around Presidential Proclamations[edit]

Lawsuits around Presidential Memorandums[edit]

Lawsuits around potential legal violations[edit]

Lawsuits around the United States Census[edit]

Lawsuits around Trump political campaigns[edit]

• Lawsuit alleging that the Trump Campaign used mass, unsolicited communication of promotional messages that the plaintiffs did not consent to receive[11]
    • Thorne v. Donald J Trump for President Inc.
  • Lawsuit alleging Russian interference in the 2016 Federal Elections, the Trump campaign was accused of engaging in a racketeering enterprise in conjunction with Russia and WikiLeaks
  • Lawsuit regarding a pattern of persistent illegal conduct, occurring over more than a decade, that includes extensive unlawful political coordination with the Trump presidential campaign, repeated and willful self-dealing transactions to benefit Mr. Trump’s personal and business interests, and violations of basic legal obligations for non-profit foundations
  • Lawsuit in which plaintiffs alleged Trump's security team assaulted them during a 2015 peaceful protest based around Trump's campaign comments about Black Lives Matter and Mexican immigrants
  • Lawsuit alleging Trump encouraged an atmosphere of violence and anti-Trump protesters were subjected to attacks and racial slurs being led out of a campaign rally in 2016
    • Nwanguma v. Trump[14]
  • Lawsuit alleging that Trump and the Republican National Committee colluded to prevent any competition to Trump’s re-election campaign.
    • Roque De La Fuente v. Trump & Republican National Committee

[15] [16] [17]

Lawsuits around potential sexual misconduct and assault[edit]

• Lawsuit by Katie Johnson which alleges that Trump and Jeffrey Epstein sexually and physically abused her under threats to physically harm her and her family while a 13-year-old minor from June–September 1994
    • Katie Johnson v. Donald J Trump and Jeffrey E Epstein[18] (dismissed)
  • Lawsuit by Jane Doe which alleges Trump and Epstein engaged in forcible rape, imprisonment and assault while she was 13-year-old minor and another 12-year-old girl in 1994
    • Jane Doe v. Donald Trump & Jeffrey E Epstein[19] (dismissed by Doe)[20][21]
  • Lawsuit by former campaign staffer, Alva Johnson, who claims that Trump forcibly kissed her at a rally in Florida in August 2016, the lawsuit also alleges unequal pay standards for her an African-American woman compared to others on the team
    • Johnson v. Trump[22]
  • Defamation lawsuit raised by Summer Zervos which arose from Trump's statement that she lied about sexual assault allegations against him
    • Zervos v. Trump[23]
  • Defamation lawsuit raised by E. Jean Carroll which arose from Trump's denials of her accusation that he sexually assaulted her more than 20 years ago damaged her reputation
    • Carroll v. Trump[24]

Lawsuits around financial manipulation and employee payment[edit]

• Lawsuit alleging violations of employee payment regarding not paying him for "thousands of hours of overtime" to which he was legally entitled during his more than two decades of service
  • Lawsuit alleging that Trump and his adult children had made a large amount of money by encouraging unsophisticated investors to join fraudulent schemes

Lawsuits around Trumps financial and tax information[edit]

• Appeal lawsuit against the Mazars accounting firm, in an effort to have Trump's financial information kept private
  • Appeal lawsuit against the Deutsche Bank and Capital One Bank from fulfilling the subpoenas issued to the company by the House Financial Services and Intelligence committees for Trumps, his adult children, and his businesses financial records
  • Case before the Supreme Court of the United States: Does a grand-jury subpoena by a state District Attorney for the President's financial records violate Article II and the Supremacy Clause of the United States Constitution?
  • Case in D.C. court challenging the New York TRUST Act, which gives Congress the right to obtain tax information on New York residents. Case dismissed November 11, 2019.
    • Donald J. Trump v. Committee on Ways and Means, et al.[31]

Lawsuits around environmental concerns[edit]

All current pending prosecution[edit]

See also[edit]

Jeez, it looks like he had to appoint a bunch of judges just to handle all the lawsuits he's created.

- DSK

Just a whole lot of TDS - just ask The Mutt or the elk.

Is Trump the most hated man in America?

If not, who is?

8 hours ago, jerseyguy said:

Cut off his fingers?!?!?!

You are a cold blooded mutherfucker but I kinda like what you are selling

15 minutes ago, 2slow said:

Cut off his fingers?!?!?!

You are a cold blooded mutherfucker but I kinda like what you are selling

It’s a Jersey thing.  :rolleyes:

But I was thinking in a more techno sense.  Cancel his account and monitor anything that looks like his returning.

48 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Just a whole lot of TDS - just ask The Mutt or the elk.

Is Trump the most hated man in America?

If not, who is?

Tom Brady?

9 hours ago, Fakenews said:

I hope he suffers a humiliating painful death and does so soon.

The best part of this forum are the really nice people that post here.

26 minutes ago, jzk said:

The best part of this forum are the really nice people that post here.

You should see the mean ones. They're all on your side of the aisle.

7 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

Shut the fuck up Fredo.

Trumps CarloFreco

Like I was saying.  Such great people here.  The best.  

8 minutes ago, jzk said:

Nope.  The “best” people are on team Trump. “only the best” in fact.

9 minutes ago, jzk said:

Who the fuck else would even tolerate your racist, bigoted, trolling, dumbfuck ass jerkz?

Ken Starr added to the defense team?.... After he called him a lunatic?

And then Dershowitz?..... Epstein's main lawyer?

This looks really good on FOX, but.......

4 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

Ken Star was also on Epstein’s team.  Sleazy lawyers for a sleazy  POTUS

Not sure why he needs a big fancy defense team when he has Mitch and Lindsey running the show to protect him.  I guess he is not paying for it so why not?

It's all made for TV

25 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

Who the fuck else would even tolerate your racist, bigoted, trolling, dumbfuck ass jerkz?

Yes, whenever your pea brain encounters an argument it doesn't understand, it reverts to the "racist" defense.  Almost like some kind of seizure.  

3 hours ago, Mrleft8 said:

They will trot out the Teen Cheerleaders for Trump any time now.

7 hours ago, Mark K said:

"I earned my spurs on the battlefield, Trump earned his spurs in letter from a doctor."  Oh SNAP!   That's pure gold right there.

• Like 1

Our chickenhawk president revealed our new Space Force uniforms yesterday, As expected, they were met with great ridicule.

US-Space-Force.jpg

19 hours ago, badlatitude said:

(Trump) ...exercising in the yard...

no golf courses are to be found in prison yards

5 hours ago, jocal505 said:

no golf courses are to be found in prison yards

Yet.

Put him in a tower.

Tell him, the only way out is by dangling by your hair.

Oops, by letting yourself down with your wig.

9 hours ago, Ed Lada said:

"I earned my spurs on the battlefield, Trump earned his spurs in letter from a doctor."  Oh SNAP!   That's pure gold right there.

A perilous-to-fuck-with guy. No better friend, no worse enemy.   

2 minutes ago, Mark K said:

No shit.  It's not like a 4 star general is going to punch Trump in the nose when he's out of office but I am willing to bet that many Marines revere Mattis and loyalty to the Corps runs strong.  'Once a Marine, always a Marine'.  When Trump is out of office, he better "watch his six".

I knew a few Army generals and was around a bunch more in my 20 years of time in and around the Army.  I am quite appalled and offended by what that draft dodging fat piece of shit said to the Joint Chiefs.  I would happily, confidently and willingly carry out the orders of most of the generals I have been around, not just because I would have to, but because I would want to.  Good leaders will do that to you.  The highest praise a soldier can give a leader is "I would follow him into battle."

19 minutes ago, Ed Lada said:

No shit.  It's not like a 4 star general is going to punch Trump in the nose when he's out of office but I am willing to bet that many Marines revere Mattis and loyalty to the Corps runs strong.  'Once a Marine, always a Marine'.  When Trump is out of office, he better "watch his six".

I knew a few Army generals and was around a bunch more in my 20 years of time in and around the Army.  I am quite appalled and offended by what that draft dodging fat piece of shit said to the Joint Chiefs.  I would happily, confidently and willingly carry out the orders of most of the generals I have been around, not just because I would have to, but because I would want to.  Good leaders will do that to you.  The highest praise a soldier can give a leader is "I would follow him into battle."

He's as competent and as sharp as the come, but what made Mattis so popular was he was one of the few to rise through the ranks without being an asshole....and without being a vagina.     

“be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet" 

What a POTUS he would have made!   

55 minutes ago, Mark K said:

Not really.  He could have spoken up about Trump post retirement.  I know it’s ingrained upon military leadership to respect the office but given how Trump has debased it his silence is disappointing.

12 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

Not really.  He could have spoken up about Trump post retirement.  I know it’s ingrained upon military leadership to respect the office but given how Trump has debased it his silence is disappointing.

No. He's extremely well educated. He knows the thing that makes the US unique in the world of civilization is the total ban on military leadership barking back at civilian leadership publicly.

For the vast majority of civilization the military IS the government. We are an experiment in the military being utterly subordinate to civilian government. While he holds his commission, and as an officer he is "inactive" not "retired" , he remains a general in the US armed forces who can be called back to active at any time. 

He will say nothing about a sitting POTUS.  In this case he carefully did it in the guise of jest, and only in response to a direct public attack.  

7 minutes ago, Mark K said:

No. He's extremely well educated. He knows the thing that makes the US unique in the world of civilization is the total ban on military leadership barking back at civilian leadership publicly.

For the vast majority of civilization the military IS the government. We are an experiment in the military being utterly subordinate to civilian government. While he holds his commission he will say nothing about a sitting POTUS.  In this case he carefully did it in the guise of jest, and only in response to a direct public attack.  

He can speak out against Trump.  Nothing to stop him for example running against him for POTUS.  Not saying I don’t understand what he’s doing and why just a little disappointed.

BTW I read somewhere that he and Trump reached an agreement where Trump wouldn’t say bad things about him and Mattis wouldn’t write a tell all book while he was in office.

26 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

He can speak out against Trump.  Nothing to stop him for example running against him for POTUS.  Not saying I don’t understand what he’s doing and why just a little disappointed.

BTW I read somewhere that he and Trump reached an agreement where Trump wouldn’t say bad things about him and Mattis wouldn’t write a tell all book while he was in office.

Then someone thinks Mattis is a pussy.

IMO Mattis truly fears nothing, which is why he is such a gentleman, but moreover means he would never agree to such a deal and can not be intimidated into writing such a book to prove it to anyone. If we wants to write about Trump it will be after Trump is no longer in office and it won't be to get back at Trump for a personal insult. It will be to share his opinion on the perils inherent with the election of low character to high office for a republic. 

10 minutes ago, Mark K said:

IMO Mattis truly fears nothing, which is why he is such a gentleman, but moreover means he would never agree to such a deal and can not be intimidated into writing such a book to prove it to anyone. If we wants to write about Trump it will be after Trump is no longer in office and it won't be to get back at Trump for a personal insult. It will be to share his opinion on the perils inherent with the election of low character to high office for a republic. 

The saddest part of the Trump era is everyone still respecting the people who can and should say something and do something 

11 minutes ago, Mark K said:

You are absolutely correct.

Mattis doesn't need to get in a pissing contest, he knows Trump is a piece of shit and Mattis doesn't have anything to prove to anybody.   That's what a truly honorable person does.  

I wish I could behave that way.