Jules

GAO - Trump Broke The Law

From FOX NEWS:

GAO says Trump administration broke law by withholding Ukraine aid

The Government Accountability Office (GAO) issued a legal opinion on Thursday saying that President Trump's administration broke the law by withholding defense aid to Ukraine — the issue at the heart of the president's impeachment trial.

That money, $214 million which had been allocated to the Department of Defense for security assistance, was appropriated by Congress and therefore the administration did not have the right to hold it back just because it disagreed with its allocation, the opinion from the nonpartisan government watchdog said.

"Faithful execution of the law does not permit the President to substitute his own policy priorities for those that Congress has enacted into law," the opinion said. "[The Office of Management and Budget] OMB withheld funds for a policy reason ... not a programmatic delay. Therefore, we conclude that the OMB violated the ICA [Impoundment Control Act]."

From the GAO

In the summer of 2019, the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) withheld from obligation funds appropriated to the Department of Defense (DOD) for security assistance to Ukraine. In order to withhold the funds, OMB issued a series of nine apportionment schedules with footnotes that made all unobligated balances unavailable for obligation.

Faithful execution of the law does not permit the President to substitute his own policy priorities for those that Congress has enacted into law. OMB withheld funds for a policy reason, which is not permitted under the Impoundment Control Act (ICA). The withholding was not a programmatic delay. Therefore, we conclude that OMB violated the ICA.

Full decision HERE

11 minutes ago, Jules said:

From FOX NEWS:

GAO says Trump administration broke law by withholding Ukraine aid

The Government Accountability Office (GAO) issued a legal opinion on Thursday saying that President Trump's administration broke the law by withholding defense aid to Ukraine — the issue at the heart of the president's impeachment trial.

That money, $214 million which had been allocated to the Department of Defense for security assistance, was appropriated by Congress and therefore the administration did not have the right to hold it back just because it disagreed with its allocation, the opinion from the nonpartisan government watchdog said.

"Faithful execution of the law does not permit the President to substitute his own policy priorities for those that Congress has enacted into law," the opinion said. "[The Office of Management and Budget] OMB withheld funds for a policy reason ... not a programmatic delay. Therefore, we conclude that the OMB violated the ICA [Impoundment Control Act]."

From the GAO

In the summer of 2019, the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) withheld from obligation funds appropriated to the Department of Defense (DOD) for security assistance to Ukraine. In order to withhold the funds, OMB issued a series of nine apportionment schedules with footnotes that made all unobligated balances unavailable for obligation.

Faithful execution of the law does not permit the President to substitute his own policy priorities for those that Congress has enacted into law. OMB withheld funds for a policy reason, which is not permitted under the Impoundment Control Act (ICA). The withholding was not a programmatic delay. Therefore, we conclude that OMB violated the ICA.

Full decision HERE

Martha McSally will be along shortly to tell the GAO they are a bunch of liberal hacks.

24 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:

Can't federal marshals arrest him? 

That's not the remedy

I've already seen one of the Faithful misrepresent this as President Trump and his Administration broke a "rule".

Next, it will be a "suggestion".  Then, it will be "there never was a rule or law".

And, the Faithful will dutifully and mindlessly repeat it.

9 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

I've already seen one of the Faithful misrepresent this as President Trump and his Administration broke a "rule".

Next, it will be a "suggestion".  Then, it will be "there never was a rule or law".

Law>rule>recommendation>suggestion>it would be nice if> etc

16 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

"process crime"

or my favorite: "perjury trap"

8 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

We have some folks around here for whom one of those would be a life sentence. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

"process crime"

I was racing at Big Boat and a port boat crossed us way too close and I emergency tacked, getting some of my crew wet. I pulled the flag. The other boat then took it into the room (actually into arbitration) and tried to argue that I was reverse hunting. This did not amuse the judge. I know what hunting is but I haven't a clue what reverse hunting could be.

28 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

They had me at "alternative fact."  Or as the Lie Growers of America would call it, The Other Truth.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:
34 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

They had me at "alternative fact."  Or as the Lie Growers of America would call it, The Other Truth.

It's the natural path once we learned there are known knowns, known unknowns, and unknown unknowns.

8 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:

So the Senate doesn't convict. What else do we have?

More articles of impeachment from the House. And then more after that. There's no shortage of material.

5 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:

Nah, I meant what effective measures to remove him. 

It's a ways until November.  Trump is already showing serious signs of becoming unhinged.

I am betting that he will do something so outrageous, so horrible, so disgusting, and probably illegal between now and the election, that all but his most ardent supporters (Dog, Pus Slinger, jzk, Jokeoff) will be repulsed and he will lose bigly in the election.  

You heard it hear first.

Reverse hunting is when the duck lures Elmer Fudd into the bushes, then has his rabbit friend beat him (Elmer) silly with his own shotgun.....

1 hour ago, Ed Lada said:

It's a ways until November.  Trump is already showing serious signs of becoming unhinged.

I am betting that he will do something so outrageous, so horrible, so disgusting, and probably illegal between now and the election, that all but his most ardent supporters (Dog, Pus Slinger, jzk, Jokeoff) will be repulsed and he will lose bigly in the election.  

You heard it hear first.

That "ardent supporter" list is very long, since it includes anyone who watches nothing but Faux News. A small tactical nuclear strike on Hateful Hannity would help.

Oh how gullible you all are

https://www.redstate.com/bonchie/2020/01/16/no-the-gao-decisions-that-the-trump-administration/

“We disagree with GAO’s opinion,” Semmel said. “OMB uses its apportionment authority to ensure taxpayer dollars are properly spent consistent with the President’s priorities and with the law.”

The other issue here that makes this decision by the GAO questionable is that the aid was released before it was legally required to be appropriated.

4 minutes ago, The Joker said:

So, the OMB disagrees.  What a shocker.  Who heads up the OMB? 

An article from 'redstate.com' has to be unbiased.  Is there corn in Trump's shit before it comes out, you've got the view.  

12 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

So, the OMB disagrees.  What a shocker.  Who heads up the OMB? 

An article from 'redstate.com' has to be unbiased.  Is there corn in Trump's shit before it comes out, you've got the view.  

The GAO claimed the Obama administration broke the law seven times.  I don’t remember any screaming for Impeachment   
The hypocrisy never Ends

1 minute ago, The Joker said:

The GAO claimed the Obama administration broke the law seven times.  I don’t remember any screaming for Impeachment   
The hypocrisy never Ends

Did Obama withhold the release of any documents on the seven occasions?

Did Obama keep staff from testifying on the seven occasions?

Did Obama have a reputation of being a serial liar?

Using Trump and Obama in a sentence only works if it goes along the lines of, Trump couldn't carry Obama's golf clubs.  

9 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

Did Obama withhold the release of any documents on the seven occasions?

Did Obama keep staff from testifying on the seven occasions?

Did Obama have a reputation of being a serial liar?

Using Trump and Obama in a sentence only works if it goes along the lines of, Trump couldn't carry Obama's golf clubs.  

Not just metaphorically.  The Mango is simply not physically to carry them, couldn't even walk the course.  

49 minutes ago, The Joker said:

https://www.redstate.com/bonchie/2020/01/16/no-the-gao-decisions-that-the-trump-administration/

“We disagree with GAO’s opinion,” Semmel said. “OMB uses its apportionment authority to ensure taxpayer dollars are properly spent consistent with the President’s priorities and with the law.”

The other issue here that makes this decision by the GAO questionable is that the aid was released before it was legally required to be appropriated.

Christ!  You are so predictable.  You don't need to just see and smell the shit to know not to step in it.  You have to pick it up and feel it.

1 hour ago, The Joker said:

Redstate? Really? A "news" organization that fires people who are insufficiently in support of Donald Trump. Sure. Sounds fair and balanced to me.

1 hour ago, Jules said:

Christ!  You are so predictable.  You don't need to just see and smell the shit to know not to step in it.  You have to pick it up and feel it.

He prefers eating it.

The elk all do.

3 hours ago, Jules said:

Can someone point me to all the calls in here for Obama to be arrested after the GAO decided his administration broke the law?

Or did the magical (D) prevent any discussion it?

2 minutes ago, bpm57 said:

Can someone point me to all the calls in here for Obama to be arrested after the GAO decided his administration broke the law?

Or did the magical (D) prevent any discussion it?

I seem to recall plenty of calls for Obama's death, which day are you referring to?

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

I seem to recall plenty of calls for Obama's death, which day are you referring to?

How usual, a reading comprehension issue from the echo chamber.

If it was to complicated reading my post, maybe try again with a dictionary or perhaps someone who teaches remedial english at your local community college.

Just now, bpm57 said:

How usual, a reading comprehension issue from the echo chamber.

If it was to complicated reading my post, maybe try again with a dictionary or perhaps someone who teaches remedial english at your local community college.

I understand it perfectly. Just as you are seeing with the Trump admin, no one calls for their own party leader to be arrested. You do know how politics works, right?

If you want, you can call your mom to help you out.

6 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

I understand it perfectly. Just as you are seeing with the Trump admin, no one calls for their own party leader to be arrested. You do know how politics works, right?

If you want, you can call your mom to help you out.

The difference is Trump is dealing with a hostile press in addition to the opposition party.  They have lost objectivity.  
Not just with Trump now they are trying to effect the democratic primary.   

CNN just revealed that they are working to hurt Bernie with going along with the warren claim that he is anti woman. 

1 minute ago, The Joker said:

The difference is Trump is dealing with a hostile press in addition to the opposition party.  They have lost objectivity.  

CNN just revealed that they are working to hurt Bernie with going along with the warren claim that he is anti woman. 

Gee, I can't imagine how the press became hostile. Who do you imagine had a big hand in that?

12 minutes ago, badlatitude said:
15 minutes ago, The Joker said:

Gee, I can't imagine how the press became hostile. Who do you imagine had a big hand in that?

They're not hostile, they're just telling the truth

- DSK

18 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

It doesn’t matter they are supposed to be honest in their reporting, they are not.  

Look at this whole insanity when a indicted felon makes charges with no evidence and it’s front page news.   All because they hate Trump. 
Yet when the Ukrainian foreign minister says he wouldn’t believe a word he says its page 28 or not covered at all. 

3 minutes ago, The Joker said:

Look at this whole insanity when a indicted felon makes charges with no evidence and it’s front page news

That’s a lie bullshitter. There’s plenty of evidence. More dropped this evening.

But this is what you do. You tell lies to the right wing morons want to hear, and like, all so they don’t have to face reality.

fuck you, traitor 

22 minutes ago, The Joker said:

TRUMP HIMSELF LEAKS TO THE PRESS THEN CLAIMS HIS LEAKS WHEN PUBLISHED ARE FAKE NEWS BULLSHITTER

10 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

That’s a lie bullshitter. There’s plenty of evidence. More dropped this evening.

But this is what you do. You tell lies to the right wing morons want to hear, and like, all so they don’t have to face reality.

fuck you, traitor 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/01/16/4-takeaways-lev-parnas-interviews-revelations/

No Proof only allegations from someone under federal indictment hoping to get a plea deal.  

He already is backtracking on one of his more inflammatory claims.  That the former ambassador was being followed. 

10 minutes ago, The Joker said:

It doesn’t matter they are supposed to be honest in their reporting, they are not.  

Look at this whole insanity when a indicted felon makes charges with no evidence and it’s front page news.   All because they hate Trump. 
Yet when the Ukrainian foreign minister says he wouldn’t believe a word he says its page 28 or not covered at all. 

Oh, did one of Trump's former cabinet members finally drop the dime on him? Cohen already did that anyway.

As for honesty, you should probably get a new dictionary. The one you have now must be broken if you think that word means what you use it for, here.

- DSK

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/01/16/4-takeaways-lev-parnas-interviews-revelations/

No Proof only allegations from someone under federal indictment hoping to get a plea deal.  

He already is backtracking on one of his more inflammatory claims.  That the former ambassador was being followed. 

:lol: It’s the same day old story when new docs have come out. :lol:

like I said bullshitter - you play well to fools like AGITC and nolatom, but you are a bullshitter

fyi - this probably isn’t the best way to get a plea deal. That would have been a proper proffer, bullshitter

Yet when the Ukrainian foreign minister says he wouldn’t believe a word he says its page 28. 

The vast majority of those who report on our government are hard-working seekers of truth. Keep in mind that the president has self-serving reasons for keeping the press unpopular. Seriously, how can anyone who has told over 15,000 lies to the American people be considered an honest purveyor of the truth while calling out fake news? Donald Trump knows the answer, control the press and you control the people.

13 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

The vast majority of those who report on our government are hard-working seekers of truth. Keep in mind that the president has self-serving reasons for keeping the press unpopular. Seriously, how can anyone who has told over 15,000 lies to the American people be considered an honest purveyor of the truth while calling out fake news? Donald Trump knows the answer, control the press and you control the people.

Just that claim of 15,000 lies most of which are typical comments of politicians everywhere shows how the media treats and has treated him different than every president before him. 

Just now, The Joker said:

Just that claim of 15,000 lies most of which are typical comments of politicians everywhere shows how the media treats and has treated him different than every president before him. 

The difference is that he is making things up as he goes along. Many sites have tracked those claims; you might educate yourself, and discover the truth about real fake news and the president.

6 minutes ago, The Joker said:

:lol: THEY TREAT HIM DIFFERENTLY BECAUSE HE FUCKING LIES :lol:

ask John Barron, john miller, carolin Gallego, and David Dennison  :lol:

5 minutes ago, The Joker said:

Did the liberal MSM force him to sleep with Stormy?  Fuckers.  If they did, please send them to my place so I can deal with them properly.  

Did the liberal MSM force Sean Spicer to tell a whopper about inauguration crowd sizes?

Did the liberal MSM turn Manafort and Cohen into criminals?

Tip of the iceberg.  So what the fuck are you talking about?

7 hours ago, Jules said:

And lick both ends to make sure.

10 hours ago, Mrleft8 said:

You caught it! B) 

That skit had a wider appeal than I realized.  I was playing it at a friend's house in the 70s. whose father was pretty straight-laced.  He came downstairs and I thought he was going to be pissed.  Then he started laughing.  When it was over he said, "Can I hear that again?"  I never saw him laugh so hard.

8 hours ago, The Joker said:

Oh, poor little Donny! 

Every politician gets shit but little Donny is the only one who played the victim card.  He's treated differently because he's such a baby.

16 minutes ago, Jules said:

You caught it! B) 

That skit had a wider appeal than I realized.  I was playing it at a friend's house in the 70s. whose father was pretty straight-laced.  He came downstairs and I thought he was going to be pissed.  Then he started laughing.  When it was over he said, "Can I hear that again?"  I never saw him laugh so hard.

That, along with "Ralph and Herbie", is one of my favorite bits from those guys.

"Good thing we no step in it."

• Like 1

Why would Trump do this if he's never heard of these guys?

285677523_Screen_Shot_2020_01_14_at_7_58.18_PM1.thumb.png.230c217b8081662c3e5ad44eef221e28.png

2 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

It isn’t just unfair. It is SO Unfair. 

3mi4xv.jpg

What is more surprising is Donnie hasn’t already appointed someone from Faux news to oversee the GAO.

He’s slipping.

Most Dicktaters have gained control of any organisation that says negative shit about them long before now.

1 hour ago, Navig8tor said:

What is more surprising is Donnie hasn’t already appointed someone from Faux news to oversee the GAO.

He’s slipping.

Most Dicktaters have gained control of any organisation that says negative shit about them long before now.

He's not a very good dicktater. Actually, the only thing he is good at is lying.

1 hour ago, Jules said:

Why would Trump do this if he's never heard of these guys?

285677523_Screen_Shot_2020_01_14_at_7_58.18_PM1.thumb.png.230c217b8081662c3e5ad44eef221e28.png

Because they beat up some snowflake at a campaign rally, and he's a man of his word?  Many people are saying it and they are saying it very strongly, this I can tell you, belief me. 

This is the way they think.

DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) - Sen. Joni Ernst of Iowa is dismissing as moot a U.S. Government Accountability Office report that found President Donald Trump’s administration violated federal law by withholding aid to Ukraine last year.

In a call Thursday with reporters, Ernst was asked if the GAO report released earlier in the day justified calls for witnesses to appear for the impeachment trial in the U.S. Senate, which begins next week.

Ernst, a Republican and strong Trump supporter, said since the president eventually provided the aid Congress had approved, the point is “moot."

She says based on that she doesn't believe additional witnesses are needed.

https://www.kcrg.com/content/news/Ernst-Report-that-Trump-administration-broke-law-is-moot-567076531.html

2 hours ago, badlatitude said:

Oh look, more nonsense from the unlicensed gun dealer.

Just like the (D) echo chamber in here ignored multiple GAO reports when it was the Obama administration "breaking the law".

Surprise, it is only newsworthy in here now.

3 hours ago, badlatitude said:

DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) - Sen. Joni Ernst of Iowa is dismissing as moot a U.S. Government Accountability Office report that found President Donald Trump’s administration violated federal law by withholding aid to Ukraine last year.

In a call Thursday with reporters, Ernst was asked if the GAO report released earlier in the day justified calls for witnesses to appear for the impeachment trial in the U.S. Senate, which begins next week.

Ernst, a Republican and strong Trump supporter, said since the president eventually provided the aid Congress had approved, the point is “moot."

She says based on that she doesn't believe additional witnesses are needed.

https://www.kcrg.com/content/news/Ernst-Report-that-Trump-administration-broke-law-is-moot-567076531.html

Yeah.  I beat the shit out of some idiot Trumptard.  But he didn't die so the charge of attempted murder is moot.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bpm57 said:

Just like the (D) echo chamber in here ignored multiple GAO reports when it was the Obama administration "breaking the law".

Are the big bad Dems picking on little Donny again?  Poor thing.  He's done nothing to deserve this awful treatment!

FWIW - if Obama did this I'd be calling him out on it, too.  I'm one of those terrible people who believes in the Rule of Law and the U.S. Constitution, no matter who is in power.

18 minutes ago, bpm57 said:

Cite?

19 hours ago, badlatitude said:

You liberal hack B)

1 hour ago, badlatitude said:

He won't respond like all Trumpers, he won't face facts.

He's pissed because the Rs had the House and Senate under Obama and couldn't even nail him for J-walking. 

Sad.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, badlatitude said:

He won't respond like all Trumpers, he won't face facts.

God damn GAO is Deep Stite!