Sign in to follow this  
Greyhound37

Ft Lauderdale to Key West Race

Sad to see only two Doublehanded entries. The US is not Europe when it comes to shorthanded racing.  Too bad.

Roleur how do the DH numbers in this event compare to any prior year and why didn’t you drag your Schumacher down to race it there? ED is in town on Kenai and can salvage it again for you again.

Dont trash what the SORC people are working for, either from a bad faith point of view or worse from an uninformed point of view. 

The DH class is a very recent addition, done in conjunction with US Sailing and meant to provide a platform for those interested in the new Olympic mixed DH discipline.  The fact that SORC raised their hand to help those of us in the US interested in that sort of thing is a good thing, and deserves our thanks.

Dragon, for one, is looking forward to an excellent sprint to Key West.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, jackolantern said:

Roleur how do the DH numbers in this event compare to any prior year and why didn’t you drag your Schumacher down to race it there? ED is in town on Kenai and can salvage it again for you again.

Dont trash what the SORC people are working for, either from a bad faith point of view or worse from an uninformed point of view. 

Uhhh...  Why the vitriol and cheap shot?  You read my post completely wrong.  My post had nothing to do with SORC or their efforts and there is no trash talking.  

It's very simple.  I'm a fan/proponent of DH racing and eager to see these divisions gain popularity.  It makes me sad they aren't more entries for this race, which seems like a great ride for DH racing.  I hope it becomes more popular in future years and hope to be an entrant in the future.  

As for why I'm not there.  I considered it, but sold the Schumacher almost 2 years ago.  When I heard about the DH division, my first thought was to charter the J/99 from Texas.  Unfortunately, it is the same weekend as the wedding of a good friend and we'd already made travel arrangements.  Nevermind that I am literally as far from this race as you can possibly get in the continental US.  So, I do have that excuse to fall back on. 

Looks like a fast race. Anybody know what happened to Blitzkrieg, J122. They seem to have turned around and headed back to Fort Lauderdale

Baby Bella will sell for higher value after this win.

J92 and Baltic 38DP are having fun

smaller boats 3300, j92, Columbia 32 may climb up the grid as the air lightens 

i saw ken read is double handing a 3300 , looks like a fun race so far.

Nice work by Dragon, finishing a couple hours ahead of the 3300. 3300 corrected out by a couple hours over Mike though. That Seacart got in in time to close down the bars!

Good call on J/92 Santarella battle. They finished 3min apart after 160 mi. 92 owed time. 92 owner used to sail with Santarella and crews have raced on both boats. Great fun

Did anyone mention to the LYC  RC that they should avoid tossing spent plastic shotgun shells into the water?  

Just saying 

shell one.jpg