Roleur

Dehler 30 OD price?

12 hours ago, mpbeagle said:

Agree with comments about the sleeping and lee cloths.  Funny though-obviously JL92 you know what you are doing and have been around the "island(s)" a few times ;-) but I use the cleats all the time for lashing down items (and rarely find they get in the way) and find the saltwater pump really helps save on valuable freshwater.  Guess thats why they make different boat designs! The 30D does have a stove but its not gimballed (for now).  Ironic that a transatlantic race requires mooring cleats.

Stern cleats not so bad but the bow cleats seem to love catching spinnaker tapes, jib foot, spinnaker sheets, pole downhaul etc. It’s really odd that the Dehler stove doesn’t gimbal!? The Transquadra has a few rules like that such as quantity and specification of mooring lines, minimum number of fenders and a couple of others. 

if you think the Dehler lacks luxury you should see the inside of a Figaro 3!

On 5/6/2020 at 3:53 AM, Snowden said:

I think that's just the usual hull #001 stuff that gets fixed by the factory and local dealers in the first year or so.

Ehhh no they’ve been delivering them and showing them that way in the boat shows too. 

I just thought there was a good team behind the hull/boat - but some early indications re they didn’t think it thru like aluminum fin, or electric drive - came back down to earth. 

they talked about how they spent a lot of time sailing a Pogo 30 owned by one of the collaborating charters and wanted to make something fun like it - then handed interior design to a rookie. 

• Like 2

On 4/22/2020 at 8:08 PM, Matagi said:

I really, really doubt that the Dehler will ever sail to its rating.

Now, if that's not what you're after, if you just want to be the guy who stole Vegvisir or Silverrudder, than that's fine with me and I understand that. And it is a good looking, well-engineered boat. But don't come crying, if someone in a not-so-much modified Farr 280 or -God forbid- an Esse 850 comes thundering by you. Because these two stole it last year.

You see, I love new boats, and new designs. And this Judel/Vrolijk design is engineering at its best. But to what specification? I'm by job definition dealing with finding value and efficiency potential and comparing options to meet specs. And I don't see the edge here, and I picked the 960 as a prime example. Because they sail to their rating and way beyond their present value.

This new kid rather looks to me to appeal to the MAMIL kind of guy (like me). It's a cyclist term for middle aged men in lycra. Always very bling bikes, very expensive apparel, carbon here, carbon there. And 20% body fat and an FTP of 200. And no time to find efficiency and value in training and nutrition. 

I think that if you CAN sail really fast, than you will make this boat really, really fast. But I fear that most of the target audience is not really up to the task, let alone sailing it to its rating. Just look at the start of the Silverrudder 2018, most starters were absolutely overwhelmed with -in my view- strong but not threatening conditions.  can hardly see any of them moving to the bow to reef the jib (because yes, this is how this jib is designed, you reef it. Like the mainsail). 

It's a weapon. But can you shot at 1.054 or higher (or even higher to beat that)? Because if you can: there is a probably a Figaro 3 waiting for you.

You cannot compare Ess850 or Farr 280 with offshore boats like Figaro 3, Dehler 30OD, SF3600, Pogo 30, etc.

MAMIL type group is a good example that every company aims for selling more. Nowadays I see more and more comfort-oriented yachts that are only getting bigger.  Dehler 30OD combines sport and comfort that appeals to most people. Figaro 3 is too unpolished and it would be weird to cruise /race in smaller races when it would love some transatlantic/ hard weather beating instead. 

Again, look what types of races the boats are aimed for. Not focusing purely on speed. In longer races you gain more time with some comfort. I ride expensive Pro-tour bike with tubular wheels Zip 404, Campagnolo carbon and I dont race. But OMG, it is so comfortable and speedy :o 

On 4/22/2020 at 8:08 PM, Matagi said:

I really, really doubt that the Dehler will ever sail to its rating.

Now, if that's not what you're after, if you just want to be the guy who stole Vegvisir or Silverrudder, than that's fine with me and I understand that. And it is a good looking, well-engineered boat. But don't come crying, if someone in a not-so-much modified Farr 280 or -God forbid- an Esse 850 comes thundering by you. Because these two stole it last year.

You see, I love new boats, and new designs. And this Judel/Vrolijk design is engineering at its best. But to what specification? I'm by job definition dealing with finding value and efficiency potential and comparing options to meet specs. And I don't see the edge here, and I picked the 960 as a prime example. Because they sail to their rating and way beyond their present value.

This new kid rather looks to me to appeal to the MAMIL kind of guy (like me). It's a cyclist term for middle aged men in lycra. Always very bling bikes, very expensive apparel, carbon here, carbon there. And 20% body fat and an FTP of 200. And no time to find efficiency and value in training and nutrition. 

I think that if you CAN sail really fast, than you will make this boat really, really fast. But I fear that most of the target audience is not really up to the task, let alone sailing it to its rating. Just look at the start of the Silverrudder 2018, most starters were absolutely overwhelmed with -in my view- strong but not threatening conditions.  can hardly see any of them moving to the bow to reef the jib (because yes, this is how this jib is designed, you reef it. Like the mainsail). 

It's a weapon. But can you shot at 1.054 or higher (or even higher to beat that)? Because if you can: there is a probably a Figaro 3 waiting for you.

You cannot compare Ess850 or Farr 280 with offshore boats like Figaro 3, Dehler 30OD, SF3600, Pogo 30, etc.

MAMIL type group is a good example that every company aims for selling more. Nowadays I see more and more comfort-oriented yachts that are only getting bigger.  Dehler 30OD combines sport and comfort that appeals to most people. Figaro 3 is too unpolished and it would be weird to cruise /race in smaller races when it would love some transatlantic/ hard weather beating instead. 

Again, look what types of races the boats are aimed for. Not focusing purely on speed. In longer races you gain more time with some comfort. I ride expensive Pro-tour bike with tubular wheels Zip 404, Campagnolo carbon and I dont race. But OMG, it is so comfortable and speedy :o 

alrightalright. I concede: it looks great. Any Mamil's probably very wet dream...

• Like 1

This pic me also likey. It grows on me. Was part of an article in German 'Yacht' magazine on the partial lifting of this 'lockdown' thing. Anyway. Great look. Very Kylo Ren. 

9_f141f52022.jpeg

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Some.Rando said:

Is anyone else watching the Baltic 500? It looks like the two Dehler 30's are out in front. I asked the organizers if the Dehler 30 OD class started first, but haven't heard back from them yet. 

https://event.gps-live-tracking.com/baltic-500/

Sailing instrictions says: "Start for Classemini, Dehler 30od and yardstick 21.05.2020 10:00 Start for ORC classes 21.05.2020 10:30"

• Like 2

Even more striking is, how much they have distanced the JPK 10.80, two of them and both of the Dehler's. That is massively impressive. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Matagi said:

Even more striking is, how much they have distanced the JPK 10.80, two of them and both of the Dehler's. That is massively impressive. 

DWINGER the SF36 and HINDEN the JPK 1010 are closer but I think both would come out slower on a VPP anyway.

Has anyone seen an ORC rating for the Dehler? 

If you use IRC ratings as a comparison a typical SF3600 and 1080 would be 1.042-1.045, a 1010 could be 1.000 - 1.010 and the Dehler 30 trial rating came in at 1.075 - 1.080

3 hours ago, Matagi said:

It is all coordinated marketing - the big yards all do this. 

Any word on what's up with Red? Turning around or did I miss something regarding the course?

Power Play has been in a dominant position the entire race. I really wish we could get stats like wind speed & direction as well as boat speed (you can apparently see boat speed if you hover your cursor over the boat). Here's a couple shots from onboard the "CrazyBoats" Dehler 30 that I swiped from Facebook. 

Bastic500.jpg

Baltic500_2.jpg

18 minutes ago, Matagi said:

Any word on what's up with Red? Turning around or did I miss something regarding the course?

I was wondering the same thing, so I sent a message to the race organizers. Red has retired. 

It looks like Calle is bouncing back from a blown Code 0 nicely. They've been averaging double digits for the last couple of hours and have been closing in fast on Power Play. These boats are FAST! It looks like the two D30's are in the overall lead. 

Also look at what the Seascape 27s are doing.  Only 3 feets difference, yet world's apart.

Those Dehlers are really keeping the pace up.

I'm curious about what tactic the boats are going to choose after they've rounded Læsø. The wind is forecasted to stay in the south until the morning, but almost divided by low wind speeds towards the coast of Jutland and a lot more wind towards the coast of Sweden during the night, with winds picking up again overall and turning from south to west around midday tomorrow.

• Like 1

not from the race ....Play Harder  and Power Play in brochure shot

EX22_1119_dehler_30od_narrow_036_web_4zu3_300dpi.jpg

Calle getting back into it...

Screen Shot 2020-05-23 at 7.10.18 am.png

3 hours ago, Some.Rando said:

I was wondering the same thing, so I sent a message to the race organizers. Red has retired. 

Did they tell you why they retired?

5 minutes ago, Misbehavin' said:

Did they tell you why they retired?

image.thumb.png.4baeba94cddc0ed68e85f94547bc6d91.png

This is all I got. Maybe they were scared off by the conditions. 50 knots is definitely conditions to take seriously, but I'm guessing there was more to the story than just nerves. 

• Like 2

Will be very interesting to see how this race plays out once Laesö is rounded. The larger boats like Edelweiss and Lavinia will catch up, while the frontrunners might park in the calm. Tomorrow, it might basically be upwind and rather a question of waterline which should favour the larger, narrower boats. Currently, my money is on Edelweiss to play a major role in the end. That is one tall rig.

47319ec4d7291a33afab1664499351ba02d7dbb6

Milou is a JPK 10.80 that has been towards the front of the ORC fleet all race. Those exact boats have won a lot of distance races, so I think the designer has done a pretty good job of balancing upwind and downwind performance. If I were betting on the ORC fleet, she's got my money. Black Pearl (Pogo 40) is doing well now, but I think that her advantage will dry up when they have to start beating upwind again. 

That said, the D30's have been performing extremely well in light upwind conditions and absolutely dominating downwind. This sure is fun to watch. I'm really looking forward to the 2024 Olympics. 

Witchcraft and Mars bars...

The L30 is also doing quite nicely, mind you: less wind where they are then were the first Dehler is.

sharifa.png

And a J-99 far back. A pity you can not replay to see what happened.

I see that the Pogo 40 Black Pearl finished first, followed by the 30OD Power Play. I haven't been able to follow the race since this morning, but the other 30OD tumbled down a lot of places. Anybody know what happened?

A close finish,..... especially for Power Play.  with being only seconds behind the JPK    The winner was the Pogo 40...

The second Dehler was a bunch of place behind......so the L30 and the Seascape 27 and Jeaneau  have some new competition. 

sorry for the belated post. .. but a good showing in a range of conditions

99431242_2684890728462193_1022830372594909184_o.jpg

99384578_2684970788454187_1185587428132388864_o.jpg

100942314_2685112615106671_7593224118850289664_o.jpg

• Like 2

Nice pics, thanks. Main competition will obviously be the larger JPK, the L30 only maybe. The crack in the hull that led to Sharifas DNF made me shudder... Seascape 27 are probably a bit too slow and small, the difference was striking. Eould love to see the OD against a Fareast or the Farr 280

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Matagi said:

Nice pics, thanks. Main competition will obviously be the larger JPK, the L30 only maybe. The crack in the hull that led to Sharifas DNF made me shudder... Seascape 27 are probably a bit too slow and small, the difference was striking. Eould love to see the OD against a Fareast or the Farr 280

Please fill me in on the cracked hull, I haven't heard of that. What happened?

Can't get it to load.  Assuming you mean Dehler 30?

Yes, the L-30, not the Dehler seems to have had a problem.