winchfodder

Cagliari First Ever AC75 Regatta Predictions 23-26 April

20 minutes ago, weta27 said:

Why would they give up one of the key benefits of being the Defender - your home advantage?

Exactly. I just hope the boat doesn't get laid up somewhere in a port that gets shut down. I bet now they wish they'd sent it back from Singapore. There's some suggestion they might try to get it unloaded somewhere before Italy. Trying to get a ship diverted for a single cargo shipment might be problematical, and or expensive. It's all a bit of a worry.

10 minutes ago, Priscilla said:

Bugger.

I feel for the Italians. For lots of good reasons they wanted an event in Cagliari. However a force majeure has put paid to that. No bodies fault (in the sailing community), the Italians just have to regroup and deal with the new realities, rather than expend effort to salvage the unsalvageable.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Horn Rock said:

What, you're not going to pay salaries for 12 months? I can imagine quite a few baulking at that. You run the risk of losing people who have to find alternate employment. ETNZ, who are probably on the tightest budget of all the teams, are going to be the least keen on a delay, and will quite rightly use their position as Defender to steamroll any suggestion of one. The lead up events if any, will be in NZ, and the cup will go ahead in March 2021 as scheduled. Be there or be square.

I agree that's more likely.  But it's also a complete roll of the dice unless the teams have more goods on one another's trialing than has been able to be displayed here.  ACWS provided an opportunity to add visibility to the cup cycle and for the teams to check-in and benchmark given they're not legally permitted to do so outside of ACWS and the AC events themselves.

No ACWS in Europe and unless they add one in NZ sooner than later it'll be too late for anyone to make any meaningful adjustment to address any shortfall that may become evident - assuming it's worth addressing and isn't just an unbridgable gap.  Can (and would) the teams relocate to NZ earlier and perhaps even run their ACWS events in NZ or would they all rather just take their chances in 2021 without the ACWS distraction?

8 minutes ago, Skipstone said:

Can (and would) the teams relocate to NZ earlier and perhaps even run their ACWS events in NZ

That's the most likely scenario I reckon. The original schedule calls for one ACWS event in December in NZ I think. That will still be on, and I think the possibilities of an extra event earlier in NZ could be on the cards if they can get general agreement.

7 hours ago, phill_nz said:

There is evidence suggesting that transmission can occur from an infected person with no symptoms; however, uncertainties remain about the effect of transmission by non symptomatic persons on the epidemic....

..... but if your positive with no symptoms you can still pass on the virus

Hey, nice way to promote confusion.

How about taking some care when making statements? Better still, just post a link to someone who knows what they’re talking about. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ex-yachtie said:

Hey, nice way to promote confusion.

How about taking some care when making statements? Better still, just post a link to someone who knows what they’re talking about. 

the link was on the next post .. also showing it was from the ecdc

Cristina Higgins

I am writing to you from Bergamo, Italy, at the heart of the coronavirus crisis. The news media in the US has not captured the severity of what is happening here. I am writing this post because each of you, today, not the government, not the school district, not the mayor, each individual citizen has the chance, today to take actions that will deter the Italian situation from becoming your own country’s reality. The only way to stop this virus is to limit contagion. And the only way to limit contagion is for millions of people to change their behavior today.

If you are in Europe or the US you are weeks away from where we are today in Italy.

I can hear you now. “It’s just a flu. It only affects old people with preconditions”

There are 2 reasons why Coronavirus has brought Italy to it’s knees. First it is a flu is devastating when people get really sick they need weeks of ICU – and, second, because of how fast and effectively it spreads. There is 2 week incubation period and many who have it never show symptoms.

When Prime Minister Conte announced last night that the entire country, 60 million people, would go on lock down, the line that struck me most was “there is no more time.” Because to be clear, this national lock down, is a hail mary. What he means is that if the numbers of contagion do not start to go down, the system, Italy, will collapse.

Why? Today the ICUs in Lombardy are at capacity – more than capacity. They have begun to put ICU units in the hallways. If the numbers do not go down, the growth rate of contagion tells us that there will be thousands of people who in a matter of a week? two weeks? who will need care. What will happen when there are 100, or a 1000 people who need the hospital and only a few ICU places left?

On Monday a doctor wrote in the paper that they have begun to have to decide who lives and who dies when the patients show up in the emergency room, like what is done in war. This will only get worse.

There are a finite number of drs, nurses, medical staff and they are getting the virus. They have also been working non-stop, non-stop for days and days. What happens when the drs, nurses and medical staff are simply not able to care for the patients, when they are not there?

And finally for those who say that this is just something that happens to old people, starting yesterday the hospitals are reporting that younger and younger patients – 40, 45, 18, are coming in for treatment.

You have a chance to make a difference and stop the spread in your country. Push for the entire office to work at home today, cancel birthday parties, and other gatherings, stay home as much as you can. If you have a fever, any fever, stay home. Push for school closures, now. Anything you can do to stop the spread, because it is spreading in your communities – there is a two week incubation period – and if you do these things now you can buy your medical system time.

And for those who say it is not possible to close the schools, and do all these other things, locking down Italy was beyond anyone’s imagination a week ago.

Soon you will not have a choice, so do what you can now.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, phill_nz said:

the link was on the original post .. also citing it was from the ecdc

feel free to acknowledge your over reaction

However that information was out-of-date and superseded by a later post on the ECDC website which I subsequently posted to the thread.  So yes, in fast-changing times it is important to stay current and ensure you not only defer to authorities, but to their latest advisories.

11 minutes ago, Horn Rock said:

because of how fast and effectively it spreads. There is 2 week incubation period and many who have it never show symptoms.

read post above

it ties in with my original

i have not seen a definitive statement that " people with no symptoms have spread the infection"  .. i would maintain esp at this point that it is not only possible but most likely

also there has been no definite statement that they have not or cannot

ok that appears to be a definitive infection investigation that shows infection transmission before symptoms were shown 

i therefor stand by all i have written

it is infectious before symptoms are apparent

and if that graph is to be believed ( ie the cases had no other as yet unknown infection vector ) then its transmissible in 2 days or less from first contact

im not any happier being right .. just a little more paranoid

and i have to say .. that graph makes for some pretty frightening realizations

1 hour ago, phill_nz said:

read post above   it ties in with my original

i have not seen a definitive statement that " people with no symptoms have spread the infection"  .. i would maintain esp at this point that it is not only possible but most likely 

also there has been no definite statement that they have not or cannot

I don't know what you do for a living or what advisories you may receive. I suspect from your posts, none, and that your information comes from mainstream published updates by journalists, political announcements or government agency advisorys and the power of 'browser research'.  And no, just to be clear that wasn't meant to be disparaging, at all, but some here are privy to such advisories, daily - and several times daily on some days.

The current position as advised by the WHO and the disease prevention and containment authorities - always subject to change as more is learned - is that corona-virus is not contagious when symptoms are not being exhibited.  This is a change to the beliefs up until 2 or so weeks ago - I'd have to check advisories to be certain when, but certainly in that timeframe.  The more recent ECDC link I provided earlier to update the older (6 March) ECDC links you'd previously provided, explicitly reflects this and is dated 12 March.

WRT the nejm.org post above, I agree we need to remain open to further changes in our understanding of the contagion capabilities of corona-virus. Even allowing for the currently held belief that patients are not contagious while symptoms are not being exhibited, we may learn yet learn this is not actually true, or not true in certain circumstances.  The myriad complexities of the human physiology and body chemistry dictate that outliers on this curve may be very difficult to ascertain and take significant time to deduce.  It's also possible that even with contact tracing Patient 1 was not the source of contagion for patients 3 and 4, merely a common link that made it easy to establish the probability of infection source.  Given the scale and speed of this pandemic, case studies such as this are "interesting" presently rather than conclusive and may never be verifiable beyond reasonable doubt.  This is why best advice is to stick with the latest advisories while remaining open to the fact they may be found in future to be wrong, or perhaps only partia;ly correct, or correct only in certain circumstances.  This is not an easy exercise to quantify and is relatively new still and fast moving.

This also does not mean that corona-virus positive patients need not self-isolate.  While the passage of time means that flip changes such as this in our collective understanding of corona-virus are increasingly likely to be "correct" with the passage of time, we equally are not in any position yet to be certain that these understandings are the definitive endgame, nor that there will not be further corona-virus complexities to understand in the future - whether or not they exhibit now and whether or not they've yet been observed.

Listening to (and following) the latest advice daily and maintaining best practice containment of infection are the keys if we're to avoid the situation Italy now finds itself in.  We all share individual and collective responsibility to one another to arrest this pandemic as quickly and as effectively as we can.  For all the doomsayers out there understand this needn't be the end of the world as we know it - and to all the optimists saying it's just a flu - realise now - if you haven't already - that corona-virus is a whole new ballgame and one we're ill-equipped currently to confidently predict we'll contain and overcome.  That should give every individual reason to pause.  And rethink your public and personal health responsibilities with each action you take.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Skipstone said:

I don't know what you do for a living or what advisories you may receive. I suspect from your posts, none, and that your information comes from mainstream published updates by journalists, political announcements or government agency advisorys and the power of 'browser research'.  And no, just to be clear that wasn't meant to be disparaging, at all, but some here are privy to such advisories, daily - and several times daily on some days.

R&D lab chemistry

im not insulted by what you say .. its true in that i formulate possible answers ( very quickly and mostly very accurately ) but not garanteed to be correct

however

all i have posted was from

chinese researchers first

now its stuff already confirmed by ecdc ( im not sure where you say it refuted what i wrote as i couldn't find it .. but because i couldn't find it didn't mean i could say to you that it was crap )

the graph posted not by me but obviously in support of my theories / beliefs is from the new engalnd journal of medicine

not sure if you know of it but i can assure you its pretty well considered around the traps

so ok

what are your research quals

10 minutes ago, phill_nz said:

R&D lab chemistry

im not insulted by what you say .. its true in that i formulate possible answers ( very quickly and mostly very accurately ) but not garanteed to be correct

however

all i have posted was from

chinese researchers first 

now its stuff already confirmed by ecdc ( im not sure where you say it refuted what i wrote as i couldn't find it .. but because i couldn't find it didn't mean i could say to you that it was crap ) 

the graph posted not by me but obviously in support of my theories / beliefs is from the new engalnd journal of medicine 

not sure if you know of it but i can assure you its pretty well considered around the traps 

so ok

what are your research quals

Perhaps just have a good read of the updated ECDC link I provided dated 12 March... it's not hard to find - just look at the advisory section on social interaction - from memory (don't quote me) that was point 3 on the ECDC infographic I linked.

I have no 'research' quals of relevance to pandemic monitoring and have never pretended to.

Right now my quals are of less import than the information I can impart by sharing the latest best practice advisories the world's leading authorities are able to provide - and that I receive on a daily basis.  Should it ever become sufficiently important that I out myself by sharing my vocational status I'll give considered thought to doing so, but in the meantime feel free to accept or decline anything I may have to add to this subject - just as you would and should continue to, even if you knew my vocation.  My vocation affords me access to information the public at large may not see or only see occasional summaries referencing - but of itself it affords me and what I may share no greater standing than any other. 

The information I may share will however be independently verifiable and I'll be able to provide authoritative references to demonstrate that - ultimately that's what's important as we combat this virus, not who or what I am or may be.

As for the journal article posted 'in support of your theories/beliefs, I've addressed that already in a separate post.  I'm in no position to say it isn't entirely as represented - but equally there is no clear and undeniable evidence that the contagion for patients 3 and 4 came from contact with patient 1. As such it is an "interesting" couple of cases, but as presented represents currently as an outlier to the present position on when patients are contagious.  Time and authoritative further research alone will dictate whether we back-flip again to accept that asymptomatic patients are contagious or can be under certain circumstances or at certain times.

i had put you down as a med pro

but probably have never done any research

you may notice that i qualified all my statements with possible alternatives ( most of which you yourself mentioned as well )

its hard to prove or disprove statements about this particular disease atm simply because in research terms its still a baby

a lot of what has been written has yet to be peer reviewed and even though some has some of it could still be proven wrong

any info at this point is better than none and over reaction is far more productive than little or only proven or no reaction at all

a lot of my sources could say nothing officially ( no points for guessing where they are from )

a lot is extrapolated from many papers both peer reviewed and not .. its picking trends and coming up with logical scenarios

those are invariably qualified by .. it looks like, perhaps or i think

3 minutes ago, phill_nz said:

i had put you down as a med pro

but probably have never done any research

you may notice that i qualified all my statements with possible alternatives ( most of which you yourself mentioned as well )

its hard to prove or disprove statements about this particular disease atm simply because in research terms its still a baby 

a lot of what has been written has yet to be peer reviewed and even though some has some of it could still be proven wrong 

any info at this point is better than none and over reaction is far more productive than little or only proven or no reaction at all 

a lot of my sources could say nothing officially ( no points for guessing where they are from ) 

a lot is extrapolated from many papers both peer reviewed and not .. its picking trends and coming up with logical scenarios

those are invariably qualified by .. it looks like, perhaps or i think 

I have published research - but not in pandemic infection control... and that is a very specific field.

Agree with almost all that you've shared above implicitly - although I'd exercise more caution regarding the "any info is better than none and over reaction is more productive than little or only proven or no reaction at all" statement. It's easy to build panic that can't easily be reversed by overreaction, but equally there are important public health messages that the community at large could do with learning and heeding, not only through this pandemic but day to day and with far more common ailments.

34 minutes ago, Skipstone said:

It's easy to build panic that can't easily be reversed by overreaction, but equally there are important public health messages that the community at large could do with learning and heeding, not only through this pandemic but day to day and with far more common ailments. 

it used to be

this is the modern age of trump and fake news

the inertia that creates is almost impossible to set in motion for anything not completely within self interest

perhaps 5 years ago or more i would agree with you to the point of not even thinking that way

however ..this is the world of " trump 2020 "

i also dont tend to panic .. so if i had to change a lot i would but mentally it would not change me much .. and if i over cleaned those that know me would only say .. omg you cleaned up

1 minute ago, phill_nz said:

and if i over cleaned those that know me would only say .. omg you cleaned up 

LOL

As someone who has been living with COVID-19, I would guess longer than any other poster on this thread, I would like to throw in my pennyworth.

It is clear from reports both  official and anecdotal that COVID-19 affects people at multiple levels all the way from just a mild fever to death.

The impact on the individual depends on the robustness of that individual's immune system and it is exacerbated by further complications which may be of a bacterial nature rather than just the virus itself. (such as  diabetes, age, smoker and probably a whole heap of other things)

There are people who have tested positive who are "just a bit off colour""  and fully recovered and been released from the system. While they have the slightest of symptoms and to many an eye may be asymptomatic they are more than able to pass on the virus through unprotected coughs and sneezes as well as actual contact or even leaving the virus on a hard surface to be picked up by someone else.

That curtailing contact works is infinitely clear with China showing new cases down to almost single figures (11) in the last 24 hours with those diagnosed either being returnees to China or in the Hubei lockdown area. Logical really - if you are not in contact with someone you cannot give them the virus.

Second on the list is frequent washing of the hands for 20 seconds or more and/or the use of high alcohol level hand sanitiser - we have been using both.

The third element, that of wearing masks which has been pooh poohed by many is, I believe (and most of the people connected to the health services here we know) is an effective assist in slowing the spread of COVID-19. 

While masks have a woven density larger than the size of the virus, if they are multiple layer the virus has to migrate through the  layers to actually be inhaled. A further benefit is that if the mask wearer sneezes the mask arrests or slows down the velocity of any sputum that may contain individuals of the virus meaning it spreads to a reduced volume of air.

A further psychological benefit of mask wearing is that it is a very visible reminder (it is right in front of your eyes after all) that caution is required at this time.

Mask wearing in China is virtually 100% at this time by the way.

The cynical side of me thinks that perhaps other governments are saying that masks aren't required is because they don't have enough to go round because China is naturally not exporting  as many as before and keeping them for themselves - China makes the bulk of those available and needs them herself.

Then of course avoiding large gatherings. Only natural as in a crowd the droplets from a sneeze have man  more 'targets' than in an empty street.

People need to take precautions, it IS growing fast, it IS readily transmittable and it DOES kill and NOBODY truly KNOWS just where it will end. Other than the figures as they stand today nothing is truly factual (and that is if the figures quoted are correct), everything else if guesswork.

Are we out of the woods yet? Probably not but I cannot wait. I have already had to miss umpiring an event in one country where they wouldn't allow me in without a 14 day quarantine, an important wedding in another for the same reason and I have spare parts for one of our boats waiting for me in Hong Kong but I don't have a fever so I will put up with it.

• Like 7

38 minutes ago, shanghaisailor said:

As someone who has been living with COVID-19,

You have tested positive for the virus?

Living with i.e.being in China, not suffering from......presumably (or s/he wouldn't be wanting to travel).

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, nav said:

Living with i.e.being in China, not suffering from.

That's what I thought. I was just seeking clarification.

So, not that this is any surprise, but this seems rather firm confirmation regarding the prospects for ACWS Cagliari anytime remotely soon (read - if ever)

(Translation courtesy of GTrans)

The British begin to disassemble

By Sailingsardinia / Mar 14, 2020 / Various /

aDSC04138

Whether canceled or postponed (the ACWS stop in Cagliari), the British disembark the Cagliari base.

Today in the Ineos Team UK base, the big spring works have started, with the beginning of the dismantling of all the structures assembled in November. DSC09442

This morning the boat was out of the shed (which seems particularly empty) and was completely dismantled: without the foils, nothing in the cockpit or on the deck ... in short, ready to be packed.

Still no official or informal confirmation from the team arrives, however it seems that the whole sailing team has already left in England, just in time before the ports and airports of Sardinia closed. And once you leave, the return to Sardinia, between various quarantines, seems really difficult

At this point, with the departure of Ineos from Cagliari, the question mark about the Cagliari ACWS becomes bigger and bigger

000DSC09438

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Horn Rock said:

You have tested positive for the virus?

Did I say that? Thanks for your concern Horn Rock. 

Being here is actually quite safe from the early diagnosis point of view ( I may have said this in the front page article). I drive to the local mall, they test my temperature b4 I can drive into the car park. I walk into the supermarket  - tested again - and when I return home to our residential compound, once again the infra-red thermometer is in evidence and I get my third temperature test of the day.

An additional safety element is that no-one is taking the matter lightly, similarly no-one is panicking, supermarkets shelves are full - except, strangely, for bacon and cheese and toilet rolls are in plentiful supply (don't understand the panic buying of them by the way)

Another benefit is we are eating at home much more so I get to savour my wife's excellent cooking more frequently (No she doesn't read Anarchy so not just accruing Brownie points there) :D

Actually living in what at times feels like an open prison (for clarification I don't have the ACTUAL open prison experience to compare it with - ha ha!)

Travel restrictions are at least awkward rising all the way through to a royal pain in the ass.

When I want to  drive home to Shanghai from the south the direct route wold be through Hubei Province (don't want to do that) so it will involve the coastal route which would add 5 hours or so to the trip  - preferable to a 14 day mandatory home quarantine. 

A friend returned to China from outside a couple of days ago and he is in lockdown in the north. They even placed a remote camera focussed on his front door.

I don't blame them as after the lockdown that has resulted in the virtual elimination of new cases outside Hubei Province they are not about to risk a flare up from someone bringing the disease back into China.

It is gradually easing and one or two sailing venues are opening up again but with everyone still wearing masks although single handed sailing is probably the safest sport you couldl do right now s long as you avoid the prize-giving ;)

Maybe soon Hong Kong will let me in to collect the boat bits I need for the refit of one of our boats and I can get to work on her.

It the meantime, it what it is.

Cagliari is gone and with the UK's delayed response I would think Portsmouth is in danger also which is sad but nobody's fault.

Stay safe guys - ignore the BS, every little precaution helps - masks, washing hands and distancing AND

See ya on the water

SS

• Like 6

So here's the real question, Where does this leave Stars & Stripes? Considering the arbitration panels ruling (ACAP36/04) does that mean that they no longer owe the entry fee and performance bond since there is no event for them to compete in? Is the penalty for non-participation not applicable where they would be excluded from the challenger selection series of the Prada Cup?

Etnz playing it tough, that's gone cost them.

As the Defender was not prepared to agree to a change of date of the ACWS Sardinia-Cagliari, the event is now definitely cancelled.

PS. I now see that Clean said the same earlier, in a more eloquent way of course: "pull your head in Grant."

On 3/15/2020 at 6:40 AM, Horn Rock said:

Cristina Higgins

I am writing to you from Bergamo, Italy, at the heart of the coronavirus crisis. The news media in the US has not captured the severity of what is happening here. I am writing this post because each of you, today, not the government, not the school district, not the mayor, each individual citizen has the chance, today to take actions that will deter the Italian situation from becoming your own country’s reality. The only way to stop this virus is to limit contagion. And the only way to limit contagion is for millions of people to change their behavior today.

If you are in Europe or the US you are weeks away from where we are today in Italy.

I can hear you now. “It’s just a flu. It only affects old people with preconditions”

There are 2 reasons why Coronavirus has brought Italy to it’s knees. First it is a flu is devastating when people get really sick they need weeks of ICU – and, second, because of how fast and effectively it spreads. There is 2 week incubation period and many who have it never show symptoms.

When Prime Minister Conte announced last night that the entire country, 60 million people, would go on lock down, the line that struck me most was “there is no more time.” Because to be clear, this national lock down, is a hail mary. What he means is that if the numbers of contagion do not start to go down, the system, Italy, will collapse.

Why? Today the ICUs in Lombardy are at capacity – more than capacity. They have begun to put ICU units in the hallways. If the numbers do not go down, the growth rate of contagion tells us that there will be thousands of people who in a matter of a week? two weeks? who will need care. What will happen when there are 100, or a 1000 people who need the hospital and only a few ICU places left?

On Monday a doctor wrote in the paper that they have begun to have to decide who lives and who dies when the patients show up in the emergency room, like what is done in war. This will only get worse.

There are a finite number of drs, nurses, medical staff and they are getting the virus. They have also been working non-stop, non-stop for days and days. What happens when the drs, nurses and medical staff are simply not able to care for the patients, when they are not there?

And finally for those who say that this is just something that happens to old people, starting yesterday the hospitals are reporting that younger and younger patients – 40, 45, 18, are coming in for treatment.

You have a chance to make a difference and stop the spread in your country. Push for the entire office to work at home today, cancel birthday parties, and other gatherings, stay home as much as you can. If you have a fever, any fever, stay home. Push for school closures, now. Anything you can do to stop the spread, because it is spreading in your communities – there is a two week incubation period – and if you do these things now you can buy your medical system time.

And for those who say it is not possible to close the schools, and do all these other things, locking down Italy was beyond anyone’s imagination a week ago.

Soon you will not have a choice, so do what you can now.

news from some Italian friends who are researchers and have been requisitioned to help out. At least in the hospital they work, they have completely run out of space and equipment, and are resorting to giving people steroids or something similar and sending them home, even for severe cases. Also making it worse is a relative lack of respect for authority in latin countries compared to germanic ones such as Germany, UK, Scandinavia,  Switzerland etc... Expect those countries to fare better than France, Spain, Portugal, Italy etc assuming the same measures are put in place.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, RImike said:

So here's the real question, Where does this leave Stars & Stripes? Considering the arbitration panels ruling (ACAP36/04) does that mean that they no longer owe the entry fee and performance bond since there is no event for them to compete in? Is the penalty for non-participation not applicable where they would be excluded from the challenger selection series of the Prada Cup?

Looking at the way things are going there is not going to be a Prada Cup and an AC in New Zealand next year as foreign teams will not be allowed into the country this year.

So S+S will remain a challenger and will have another chance to raise funds and build a boat for 2022. And it might not even be the same boat design if the COR and the defender get together and change the protocols. Everything is possible.

So S+S have saved a shed load of money that the other teams have spent. 

9 minutes ago, winchfodder said:

......as foreign teams will not be allowed into the country this year.

link?

On 3/13/2020 at 3:47 PM, NZL3481 said:

You can probably add Portsmouth to that list of events to be canned.

I'm hearing ETNZ are actively looking at options in bringing their boat & gear home and not diverting to Portsmouth.

Told ya...

1 hour ago, Stingray~ said:

Classy. That was a bitter pill for them to swallow.

• Like 1

i note the absence of anything to do with going to the uk for the portsmouth edition

The hypocrisy is ridiculous.  There is no reason the racing can’t proceed without the spectators.

You can bet your ass the teams will continue to practice, build and gather in the meantime.        So they can practice but can’t race for real???

This event could have easily been televised and given Italy a much needed reprieve for the virus but now they have decided to rub salt in the wound.  Stunning.....

• Downvote 1

21 minutes ago, phill_nz said:

i note the absence of anything to do with going to the uk for the portsmouth edition

There's a greater chance of Elvis shitting on your front lawn than the Portsmouth event running. Teams have been excused from attending already.

27 minutes ago, NZL3481 said:

There's a greater chance of Elvis shitting on your front lawn than the Portsmouth event running. Teams have been excused from attending already.

Hopefully ETNZ (the organizer) will announce that sooner rather than later..

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Enzedel92 said:

The hypocrisy is ridiculous.  There is no reason the racing can’t proceed without the spectators.

You can bet your ass the teams will continue to practice, build and gather in the meantime.        So they can practice but can’t race for real???

This event could have easily been televised and given Italy a much needed reprieve for the virus but now they have decided to rub salt in the wound.  Stunning.....

So they shut down soccer/football matches and all other sporting events but you still think they should run the AC regatta?  Are you nuts?

47 minutes ago, Enzedel92 said:

The hypocrisy is ridiculous.   Stunning.....

Why don't you go in Italy and break the confinement order ? Hypocrisy ?

1 hour ago, Enzedel92 said:

This event could have easily been televised and given Italy a much needed reprieve for the virus but now they have decided to rub salt in the wound.  Stunning....

Are you serious or just fucking loopy.

400 people a day are dying in Italy from Coronavirus and you actually think they will get some welcome reprieve from watching a yacht race wtf.

Your warped thinking matches that other dickhead 4 wishfully seeking to arrange a sooner rather than later ACWS regatta in Auckland.

The AC is dead in the water big time and quite rightly so people urgently need their communities to step up old school style and help and support those that cannot afford to cope with the upcoming months of chaos shortages and heaven forbid deaths.

The Cup can wait as it has done before.

• Like 2

The hypocrisy is ridiculous.

Most sailing comments make me laugh, not yours, this is Italian reality today.26115068-8123307-image-m-13_1584531603889.jpg.ae8888843c5a2d0b6ff30db2c6eee94c.jpg

19 hours ago, Priscilla said:

Are you serious or just fucking loopy.

400 people a day are dying in Italy from Coronavirus and you actually think they will get some welcome reprieve from watching a yacht race wtf.

Your warped thinking matches that other dickhead 4 wishfully seeking to arrange a sooner rather than later ACWS regatta in Auckland.

The AC is dead in the water big time and quite rightly so people urgently need their communities to step up old school style and help and support those that cannot afford to cope with the upcoming months of chaos shortages and heaven forbid deaths.

The Cup can wait as it has done before.

Yes - actually people would love to take their minds on the corona virus which has saturated everyone's live.   What a big fuck you to all the hardworking Italians that have been waiting years for this moment.  Sure it sucks not to see in person but exciting to watch regardless.

So is the AC Management going to halt all training and design development that could endanger the sailors and teams?  If not, that is utter horsehshit and they should be ashamed of themselves.

11 minutes ago, Enzedel92 said:

Yes - actually people would love to take their minds on the corona virus which has saturated everyone's live.   What a big fuck you to all the hardworking Italians that have been waiting years for this moment.  Sure it sucks not to see in person but exciting to watch regardless.

So is the AC Management going to halt all training and design development that could endanger the sailors and teams?  If not, that is utter horsehshit and they should be ashamed of themselves.

I was going to ask what planet you are presently occupying but instead just fuck off and go see a doctor which kind you may ask well thats your choice.

36 minutes ago, Enzedel92 said:

same could be said for any business with employees. are you proposing the whole world shut down?

why would an office full of yacht designers be any different to an office full of people designing a building. or 12 guys on a yacht sailing be any different to a production line at a meat works or a maintenance crew working at a powerstation

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Priscilla said:

I was going to ask what planet you are presently occupying but instead just fuck off and go see a doctor which kind you may ask well thats your choice.

????  What a troll you are - avoiding the topic. The AC including all design and practicing and any other task which could risks sailors and teams health should be stopped.  Are you too stupid to understand that?

Arbitration Result regarding ACWS Cagliari/ Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.

Don't think I've seen it here yet.

Arbitration 18th March.pdf

EDIT: Have spotted via a double link up-thread. Will leave here for easy download.

What a big fuck you to all the hardworking Italians that have been waiting years for this moment.  Sure it sucks not to see in person but exciting to watch regardless.

So Bozzo you are advocating that Cagliari should go ahead so all the hardworking Italians could focus on a billionaires pissing match instead of simply staying alive.

Why don't you provide some empirical evidence as to wether anybody in Italy actually agrees with your looney tunes.