BravoBravo

"2019-nCoV"

1 hour ago, SloopJonB said:
1 hour ago, MR.CLEAN said:

Lawsuits have already been filed.  Should be interesting to watch.

Lawsuits against the "Freedom" people for endangering others?

I'm free to infect you because this is Merikuh, dagnabit!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jules said:

Ok.  So these guys know they have the right to carry firearms but they also know if they shoot someone and injure or kill them, they can be held liable.

They also know the virus is highly contagious and if they don't protect themselves from the virus, they could spread the virus.

All that is missing is being able to hold them liable for doing so.

I have to continually remind myself these are not typical. People like this do not worry me. There are not that many and I'd bet none of those fat macho slobs have ever seen combat and would crumble facing even a squad of Marines. The ones that confound me are people I know who are not peppers/pretend badasses but "normal" reasonably intelligent people who are still stridently voicing their objections to the temporary infringements on their "freedom" to golf or go to a restaurant or have their hair done. It's as if any sense of community responsibility is completely absent in their character. I would love to generalize that its the "everybody gets a trophy" generation but it's not. Plenty of people my age are at least as bad if not worse. The selfishness spans all generations......................what have we become...................

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Point Break said:

The ones that confound me are people I know who are not peppers/pretend badasses but "normal" reasonably intelligent people who are still stridently voicing their objections to the temporary infringements on their "freedom" to golf or go to a restaurant or have their hair done. It's as if any sense of community responsibility is completely absent in their character.

As I arrived home after work I saw our Trumpublican, Fox News addict, "friend" who rents our garage loft apartment.  I said to him, "It's nearly a million cases in the US and growing, do you still think it's a hoax?"   He replied same as always, "It's way overblown".  I want to tell him that he's a moron, but my wife would kill me.  Not going to renew his lease,  month to month for now.....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, billy backstay said:

Not going to renew his lease,  month to month for now.....

Well, you’re lucky you don’t own in California.  That’s no longer an option!  Even if they can pay rent, but don’t!  

4 hours ago, billy backstay said:

"It's nearly a million cases in the US and growing, do you still think it's a hoax?" 

At what number of cases does it become significant?  The flu, (according to 6 seconds of Google searching), has between twenty five million and fifty million documented cases in the U.S. per year.  I feel like almost five months into the year, Covid-19 has some catching up to do.  And nobody gives two shits about the flu.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hatin' life said:

And nobody gives two shits about the flu.

Notte siurre abote thisse,,,,   I halfe to gette inokiuellated everey yeare............                   :)

Just now, Snaggletooth said:

Notte siurre abote thisse,,,,   I halfe to gette inokiuellated everey yeare............                   :)

I don't think I've had a flu shot since grade school.  I'm almost certain I've had the flu once where it knocked me on my ass.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, silent bob said:

Well, you’re lucky you don’t own in California.  That’s no longer an option!  Even if they can pay rent, but don’t!  

Been a Landlord for 36 years, and seen it all.  I would prefer to have a tenant who wants to do simple yard cleanup work for less than 40 bucks an hour, and I can charge less rent.

18 minutes ago, Hatin' life said:

At what number of cases does it become significant?  The flu, (according to 6 seconds of Google searching), has between twenty five million and fifty million documented cases in the U.S. per year.  I feel like almost five months into the year, Covid-19 has some catching up to do.  And nobody gives two shits about the flu.

How many died from that?  Did it overwhelm the hospitals like this has??

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, billy backstay said:

Been a Landlord for 36 years, and seen it all.  I would prefer to have a tenant who wants to do simple yard cleanup work for less than 40 bucks an hour, and I can charge less rent.

You our moeste diffinateley differentte, moeste wante to gette blowed.....             :)

7 minutes ago, Snaggletooth said:

You our moeste diffinateley differentte, moeste wante to gette blowed.....             :)

No thanks!  Our apartments are mostly low end, with a smattering of Section 8 and Dept. of Mental Health and Addition Services.  Can't remember any female tenants worthy of a second glance......  

1 hour ago, billy backstay said:

How many died from that?  Did it overwhelm the hospitals like this has??

Looks like 24,000 to 62,000 from what I read.  So maybe it'll keep pace with the flu?

Probably real similar in hospital load?  The hospitals around here are ghost towns.  So I don't know.  A buddy of mine is a plumber and has been working on one of the biggest hospitals in the state for the last year.  He said there's nobody around.  Dead quiet.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

Now?

A more accurate question would be Where the fuck have you been for the past lifetime?

Maybe you oughta try harder to understand than to condescend. 

His point is valid - there us NOTHING wrong with being other than white, or doing a physical job.

7 hours ago, Jules said:

I'm free to infect you because this is Merikuh, dagnabit!

I appreciate your point - but, the line to be drawn isnt whether someone who MIGHT be infected chooses to not isolate, /vs/ someone who IS infected making the same choice, isnt it?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, billy backstay said:

As I arrived home after work I saw our Trumpublican, Fox News addict, "friend" who rents our garage loft apartment.  I said to him, "It's nearly a million cases in the US and growing, do you still think it's a hoax?"   He replied same as always, "It's way overblown".  I want to tell him that he's a moron, but my wife would kill me.  Not going to renew his lease,  month to month for now.....

Insulate yourself from everyone who thinks differently - that wont fix anything, but you wont have to hear things ya dont like. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

His point is valid - there us NOTHING wrong with being other than white, or doing a physical job.

Excellent point but not the one we were discussing. Swing and a miss. 

2 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:

Excellent point but not the one we were discussing. Swing and a miss. 

Is it? Help me see that then - if I'm wrong I'm more than willing to say sorry. 

Just now, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

Is it? Help me see that then - if I'm wrong I'm more than willing to say sorry. 

It's on this page or the last. HL jumped into the thread without reading. You jumped in to help. 2 wongs don't make a reich. 

1 minute ago, Blue Crab said:

It's on this page or the last. HL jumped into the thread without reading. You jumped in to help. 2 wongs don't make a reich. 

Be that as it may, that doesnt help me see where I'm wrong, and if I am? I'm ok saying. So. 

4 hours ago, Hatin' life said:

I don't think I've had a flu shot since grade school.  I'm almost certain I've had the flu once where it knocked me on my ass.

We weren't aware you were out of grade school.

3 hours ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

As is all too frequent, you completely missed my point.

Blue collar, outdoor, hand work has been looked down on in western society for at least my lifetime.

When I was in grade school the unspoken attitude given or applied to us was that the academic program was the only worthwhile program and that the technical & shop programs were only for the ones who couldn't cut it academically. Choice was not an option.

I got a double dose of it because my father was a PhD research scientist.

I was obsessed with cars and my mother told me years later that they were afraid I'd "end up a grease monkey".

But for that societal attitude and pressure the course of my working life would probably have been very different. I would probably have been a lot happier owning a high end auto shop like the guy who looks after my cars.

3 hours ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

I appreciate your point - but, the line to be drawn isnt whether someone who MIGHT be infected chooses to not isolate, /vs/ someone who IS infected making the same choice, isnt it?

No.

5 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

We weren't aware you were out of grade school.

Jesus man.  At least put a little effort into it.

If you want to insult someone, give it a few moments of contemplation.  That little pause very well could mean the difference between something clever and funny, or what I quoted.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Hatin' life said:

Looks like 24,000 to 62,000 from what I read.  So maybe it'll keep pace with the flu?

Probably real similar in hospital load?  The hospitals around here are ghost towns.  So I don't know.  A buddy of mine is a plumber and has been working on one of the biggest hospitals in the state for the last year.  He said there's nobody around.  Dead quiet.

This doesn't look or act like the normal seasonal flu....

image.thumb.png.ea6621b80d2b896c687b584dd48b2a13.png

9 hours ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

Insulate yourself from everyone who thinks differently - that wont fix anything, but you wont have to hear things ya dont like. 

Do you believe that Covid-19 is blown all out of proportion by the MSM??  I have never, ever known one person who succumbed to the seasonal flu, but a good old sailing mate of mine nearly did succumb to this one.  I still think that people who don't take this seriously, and follow the very reasonable rules are morons.  The cure is not worse than the virus, many more will die when states upon up their doors too soon.

• Downvote 1

6 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

As is all too frequent, you completely missed my point.

Blue collar, outdoor, hand work has been looked down on in western society for at least my lifetime.

When I was in grade school the unspoken attitude given or applied to us was that the academic program was the only worthwhile program and that the technical & shop programs were only for the ones who couldn't cut it academically. Choice was not an option.

I got a double dose of it because my father was a PhD research scientist.

I was obsessed with cars and my mother told me years later that they were afraid I'd "end up a grease monkey".

But for that societal attitude and pressure the course of my working life would probably have been very different. I would probably have been a lot happier owning a high end auto shop like the guy who looks after my cars.

If that is what you meant to say, I owe you an apology for not getting it.  I'll suggest that if you HAD said that, there wouldn't have been a misunderstanding. 

22 minutes ago, billy backstay said:

Do you believe that Covid-19 is blown all out of proportion by the MSM??  I have never, ever known one person who succumbed to the seasonal flu, but a good old sailing mate of mine nearly did succumb to this one.  I still think that people who don't take this seriously, and follow the very reasonable rules are morons.  The cure is not worse than the virus, many more will die when states upon up their doors too soon.

You're right in this, but this is a completely different statement than the one you made earlier.  

13 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

If that is what you meant to say, I owe you an apology for not getting it.  I'll suggest that if you HAD said that, there wouldn't have been a misunderstanding. 

And the blue collar deal was a description of folks who aren't participating in distancing efforts. You guys that just jump in threads are serious time wasters. 

18 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

You're right in this, but this is a completely different statement than the one you made earlier.  

How so???

"As I arrived home after work I saw our Trumpublican, Fox News addict, "friend" who rents our garage loft apartment.  I said to him, "It's nearly a million cases in the US and growing, do you still think it's a hoax?"   He replied same as always, "It's way overblown".  I want to tell him that he's a moron, but my wife would kill me.  Not going to renew his lease,  month to month for now....."

4 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

Because the point you made was in not renewing his lease.  

Doesn't mean I am evicting him; I just prefer not having to deal with morons, if it can be avoided, and wish to keep my options open...

10 minutes ago, billy backstay said:

Doesn't mean I am evicting him; I just prefer not having to deal with morons, if it can be avoided, and wish to keep my options open...

Thanks. 

3 hours ago, billy backstay said:

This doesn't look or act like the normal seasonal flu....

What would look like on a longer timeline?

As far as we are told, it didn't exist six months ago.  Testing barely existed a few months ago.

Does the curve looks dramatic because of a lack of data?

I would like to know how many people who die with Covid-19, but not of Covid-19 are being counted?  Should it be counted when somebody who is terminal with something else, but dies a few weeks/months earlier be considered truthful?  Someone who would've likely survived had the other issue not been in play?

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Hatin' life said:

As far as we are told, it didn't exist six months ago.  Testing barely existed a few months ago.

I would like to know how many people who die with Covid-19, but not of Covid-19 are being counted?  Should it be counted when somebody who is terminal with something else, but dies a few weeks/months earlier be considered truthful?  Someone who would've likely survived had the other issue not been in play?

IIRC all deaths with China Virus positive are counted.  While maybe inflationary, is probably the most accurate only because ot eliminates all guessing,  waffling etc.

Florida woman explains why it's safer in Jacksonville

3 hours ago, billy backstay said:

Certainly don't want to support or house them.

These days they're a threat to life, not just to our mental health.

2 hours ago, Hatin' life said:

image.png.0743ba7cf023c15c0ae9bc7491b45f42.png

11 minutes ago, Jules said:

Florida woman explains why it's safer in Jacksonville

That's like a swastika on a Trump sign.

No way to tell if it's real or parody.

I'm not sure anyone on Long island or in the NYC metro area still thinks it's overblown. I found this first-hand account very sobering- it's from a friend of mine, in his 30s, and very fit:

"Some people have asked that I share my entire experience, in hopes that it may help those who are sick at the moment and either don’t know what to do, perhaps don’t know if they even have the virus, or those who are in the throes of the sickness and don’t know what to expect. So, here’s my experience, start to finish. Hopefully it helps someone out there...

I first got a fever on March 13th seemingly out of nowhere. It was about 102.7. That night I had severe chills and was woken in the middle of the night with shortness of breath and a cough.

The next day, I called my Primary Care Physician and I was told to go to CityMD. At that time they were not testing people for the virus unless you fell into a severe risk category. Although they would not test me for COVID-19, they tested me for Flu and took a lung x-ray. Everything came back negative. They gave me a nebulizer treatment and sent me home. I later found out that nebulizer treatments make the virus worse, but again this was really before a lot of this information was out there.

The fever continued for the next two days, ranging between 100.7 and 103.5. I slept most of the time and Tylenol would not completely break the fever. On Monday, March 16th I returned to CityMD as I felt like my breathing was getting worse. This time, the rules had changed regarding testing and I was swabbed for the Coronavirus. However, I was told I would have to wait 5-7 business days for the results. In my mind, this was almost useless because (silly me) I thought I’d be better by then! Little did I know I still had another 16 days to go!

They took another x-ray of my lungs which again came back normal and gave me another nebulizer treatment. I was very skeptical, but what could I do? All I knew was I had a tremendous fever and I couldn’t breathe right. They prescribed me an albuterol pump and sent me home again.

This time I was determined to just stick it out at home. I couldn’t eat, I slept most of the time, and my fever would not break. That lasted until Thursday night when I seriously began thinking about going to the ER. I called the ER on Thursday and was told that there was really nothing they could do for me, I was better off staying home.

On Friday, I made a last ditch attempt to go to CityMD to see if someone could help. The Dr. took one look at me and said, “you need to go to the ER now.” My blood pressure was 77/47, my O2 was at 94%, my pulse was at 190, and my fever was at about 103.

On March 20th, my wife dropped me off at ER where I waited on line to check in. I felt faint, like I was gonna pass out right there in the waiting room. I think they noticed this and they came over with a crash cart for vitals. They saw the numbers and sent me to a tent outside the hospital for evaluation. At that point a nurse upgraded me to an ER bed.

My check in experience was relatively good since I don’t think the numbers of people going to ER had spiked yet. However, by the time I was checking out of Hackensack Hospital, I was hearing people were waiting for more than 24 hours for a bed. I was very lucky.

In the ER, they took a chest x-ray which immediately revealed bilateral viral pneumonia. They gave me a test for coronavirus which came back positive that night. They started me on steroids, z-pack, and hydro-chloroquine.

The ER doctor told me that night, that if my O2 levels didn’t improve with oxygen and medication, they would have to intubate me. He said, “we aren’t there yet, but you need to know it’s a possibility.” I couldn’t even comprehend this at the time. So I just went to sleep as best I could. By now my fever was at 104.1.

I got to a regular room at some point in the middle of the night of March 20th-21st. They began checking my blood gas levels by sticking a needle into my wrist and down into the artery to draw blood directly from the artery to check the carbon-dioxide levels in my blood. At this point I was probably on about 4 liters of oxygen.

The blood gas levels were checked this way several times a day. The numbers were not looking good. I was given an oxygen mask and my O2 was increased to about 6 liters. My O2 levels were still not good.

The only thing that seemed to help with the fevers at this point was when they combined Motrin with Tylenol. However, after a day or two of this, they were told to no longer give me Motrin as it wasn’t good for Covid patients. They went back to giving me regular Tylenol, which didn’t help at all with the fevers.

On Monday, March 23rd I was changed to a High Flow oxygen machine and was moved to ICU. I was probably at about 8 liters of oxygen at this point. This continued for two more days.

On the 25th, a doctor finally came to tell me that I will need to be put on a ventilator. Perhaps 2-4 weeks, but since I’m young, it should be closer to 2 weeks. I had to give my consent. They told me to sleep on my stomach for 24 hours and I wouldn’t be able to eat or drink anything in preparation for intubation. The reason they had me sleep on my stomach was to try to get blood flowing to the lungs which helps keep the O2 levels up. This was something that I noticed became more prevalent throughout my stay for covid patients. I heard that by the time I was leaving, they were having covid patients put on their stomach almost immediately after getting to the ER.

While on my stomach, I sent video messages to my two boys. Their 5th and 7th birthdays were coming up, and I thought I would be on the ventilator at that time. I sent my wife a couple of videos to play for the boys on their birthdays.

While in ICU, my roommate had to intubated in the bed next to me. I heard his phone calls to his family letting them know. It was heartbreaking to hear him go through that and even more terrifying to think that I was next. They drew the curtain back and they intubated him with me right in the room next to him. I pray he made it out ok.

Now around this time, I got a call that I had been chosen to be put onto a clinical trial for a drug called Remdesivir. I signed the consent forms and hoped for the best.

That night I slept on my stomach and the next day they stopped the hydro-chloroquine and started me on Remdesivir. From that point on, things started to get better.

I stayed on my belly the next night and the next night too. By March 26th, my fevers finally subsided and my blood gas readings started to go in the other direction.

The doctors were actually astonished at what they were seeing. The doctor who had asked for my consent to put me on the ventilator two days prior was back to tell me that things were looking so good they were going to move me out of ICU.

On March 28th, I was moved to a step down unit and was taken off the high flow oxygen machine. I continued to sleep on my stomach and slowly the oxygen was lowered down to 5 liters, then 4, then 2 liters.

While in the step down unit, I was moved three times to make room for more ICU patients. It seemed like each unit that I moved to, was transformed to ICU for covid patients. The hospital was forced to turn the cafeteria into a ward to treat non-covid patients.

At the end of my stay, I was in a room with a man who was in desperate need of a ventilator and a room in ICU and for three days he was forced to wait. When I was discharged, this poor man still had not gotten the help he needed. I continue to pray for him and his family.

One night his oxygen came off the wall in the middle of the night and I was forced to disconnect myself and go reconnect his oxygen for him.

The nurses were working in rounds, where they would come to your room for 30 minutes and try to give you whatever you needed in that 30 minutes. Then they would throw away the protective dressing, scrub and go to the next room. It was a little worrisome sometimes because you knew after they left they wouldn’t be back for hours. They were overwhelmed and doing the best they could, of course.

I was finally discharged on Tuesday, March 31st the day before my oldest son’s 7th birthday. We got to celebrate together for which I was really so thankful.

I have been home resting since. The only issue I have is that my lungs suffered some damage from the ordeal and are still a little tight. I have a pulse oximeter to keep track of my O2 levels and they are still not back to normal, but this is expected. It may take up to 6 weeks for my lungs to get back to normal functionality again, but they should return to normal. Obviously, had I been on a ventilator, the recovery would have been much worse.

I’m waiting for a delivery of an oxygen compressor (hopefully today) that will help to keep my levels steady, especially at night while I sleep. But other than that, I’m really feeling much better and so happy to be alive and home with my wife and kids.

I’d like to send out my heartfelt thanks to all the Doctors and Nurses at Hackensack Hospital that helped me to get better and back to my family.

So I hope this helps some of you out there. Please stay home and stay safe and if anyone has any questions, feel free to DM me."

• Like 3

Yes, thanks Grizz.  Sobering reading.

10 hours ago, Hatin' life said:

Illinois governor press conference had a speaker at the podium a day or two ago state any death occurring where there is even as a suspicion, or positive test result is counted as covid death, despite the underlying cause being something else. I'd post a link but it's to a "nutter" site and someone might downvote me!  

So, a lot of people die with it, but not necessarily from it. It was on the freakin television.  Nation of fools.

Hospitals in my area are completely empty, urgent care and walk in clinics deserted, and death number fudging is confirmed by my sister in law, a career nurse, who is very religious and patriotic, and confused.

It's being overblown just to make Trump look bad.

On 4/23/2020 at 10:13 AM, Blue Crab said:

White face

Red neck

Blue collar

12 hours ago, Hatin' life said:

Are you hatin' your own life or just other people's?  

Here, have a sip.   791413493_th2_34_41PM.jpeg.b99822f72022e60132cd4ffb0686123a.jpeg

8 hours ago, Left Shift said:

Are you hatin' your own life or just other people's?  

Mostly your's.

10 hours ago, g7tunison said:

Illinois governor press conference had a speaker at the podium a day or two ago state any death occurring where there is even as a suspicion, or positive test result is counted as covid death, despite the underlying cause being something else. I'd post a link but it's to a "nutter" site and someone might downvote me!  

So, a lot of people die with it, but not necessarily from it. It was on the freakin television.  Nation of fools.

Hospitals in my area are completely empty, urgent care and walk in clinics deserted, and death number fudging is confirmed by my sister in law, a career nurse, who is very religious and patriotic, and confused.

That's what I keep hearing as well, but I have not done so first hand.  A friend has a cousin who's a coroner kind of thing.

9 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

It's being overblown just to make Trump look bad.

I doubt that.  Possible, but I doubt it.

More like being overblown by the whores selling advertising space to try and sell you more shit you don't need.

19 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

That's like a swastika on a Trump sign.

No way to tell if it's real or parody.

As it got crazier and crazier, a parody seemed more likely.  No one could be that dumb.  But then again...

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Hatin' life said:
11 hours ago, g7tunison said:

That's what I keep hearing as well, but I have not done so first hand.  A friend has a cousin who's a coroner kind of thing.

The virus can do serious damage to the organs and other parts of the body.  It's like a wrecking ball. 

So maybe the building was about to crumble or maybe it would have stood for years, but once the wrecking ball hit it, down it came. 

The wrecking ball will therefore be considered the cause of the building coming down because we saw it bring the building down.

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1

29 minutes ago, Jules said:

The virus can do serious damage to the organs and other parts of the body.  It's like a wrecking ball. 

So maybe the building was about to crumble or maybe it would have stood for years, but once the wrecking ball hit it, down it came. 

The wrecking ball will therefore be considered the cause of the building coming down because we saw it bring the building down.

What about when a tornado knocks down that building with the wrecking ball in the parking lot?  Wouldn't be accurate to say the wrecking ball did it.

Could be heresy, as I was told second hand, but I've been told of people dying in a car accident, testing positive, and being counted as a Covid death.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hatin' life said:

What about when a tornado knocks down that building with the wrecking ball in the parking lot?  Wouldn't be accurate to say the wrecking ball did it.

Could be heresy, as I was told second hand, but I've been told of people dying in a car accident, testing positive, and being counted as a Covid death.

The dumb is strong with this one.

1 minute ago, Blue Crab said:

The dumb is strong with this one.

Fun counterpoint.

22 hours ago, Hatin' life said:

12 hours ago, g7tunison said:

About ten days ago, NYC's number for covid-related deaths jumped from about 6k to about 11k, because they decided to start counting "probable"  -  where there hadn't been a test, but the symptoms made it likely. 

People like you two freaked the fuck out, citing this as proof that this whole thing's overblown.

But if that was the case, there should be a drop in deaths from other causes, right?  Should be pretty obvious.  So... let's look at the numbers. 

The report, that day, covered March 11th to April 13th.  It reported 6,589 deaths as "confirmed", meaning there was a positive test; added 3,778 deaths as "probable" Covid-19, without a test; and reported 8,184 as "not known to be confirmed or probable COVID-19". 

https://www1.nyc.gov/assets/doh/downloads/pdf/imm/covid-19-deaths-confirmed-probable-daily-04142020.pdf

Okay, how many people normally die in a month in NYC?  Well, in a normal year, NYC sees 52,891 deaths:

https://www.health.ny.gov/statistics/vital_statistics/2016/table31c.htm

Which works out to an average of 4,491 per month.

8,184 - 4,491 = 3,693. 

That's... well, you know: more people than died on 9/11.  Unexplained.  

You can keep thinking the numbers are inflated.  Knock yourselves out. 

Just... better start brainstorming your explanation, for when it arrives in your town, and your local death rate suddenly spikes.  

• Like 1

I didn't freak out.  I asked questions.

If you don't have more questions after somebody feeds you any information, I don't know what to tell you.  I'm inquisitive and not very trusting when the track record of the news or government isn't very good.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Hatin' life said:

...  I'm inquisitive and not very trusting when the track record of the news or government isn't very good.

If you can't see a difference between the veracity of MSM compared to what the White House flushes out, yer not that inquisitive. 

19 minutes ago, Hatin' life said:

Fun counterpoint.

Your posts speak for themselves. 

Are you and g7 neighbors?

45 minutes ago, Hatin' life said:

Yeah?  Well what about the time a Martian disguised himself as COVID-19 and entered the body of an unsuspecting victim and the doctors saw this happen but, rather than reporting is as a Martin-related death, still put the death down as COVID?  Lots of people talking about it.

• Downvote 1

32 minutes ago, frenchie said:

About ten days ago, NYC's number for covid-related deaths jumped from about 6k to about 11k, because they decided to start counting "probable"  -  where there hadn't been a test, but the symptoms made it likely. 

People like you two freaked the fuck out, citing this as proof that this whole thing's overblown.

But if that was the case, there should be a drop in deaths from other causes, right?  Should be pretty obvious.  So... let's look at the numbers. 

The report, that day, covered March 11th to April 13th.  It reported 6,589 deaths as "confirmed", meaning there was a positive test; added 3,778 deaths as "probable" Covid-19, without a test; and reported 8,184 as "not known to be confirmed or probable COVID-19". 

https://www1.nyc.gov/assets/doh/downloads/pdf/imm/covid-19-deaths-confirmed-probable-daily-04142020.pdf

Okay, how many people normally die in a month in NYC?  Well, in a normal year, NYC sees 52,891 deaths:

8,184 - 4,491 = 3,693. 

Just... better start brainstorming your explanation, for when it arrives in your town, and your local death rate suddenly spikes.  

New York is not the whole country. It is a city with a lot of people in poor health because of diet, pollution and stress.  Some of us who choose a different way of life, and like to base our opinions partly on what we see happening where we live want to get on with life and take our chances.  Everyone who's scared of the covid can stay home and watch tv while collecting the govt handouts.  Fair enough? 

Just now, g7tunison said:

Some of us who choose a different way of life, and like to base our opinions partly on what we see happening where we live want to get on with life and take our chances.

That's fine as long as you are willing to accept full responsibility should you pass the virus on to someone else. 

Better hope you have a lot of money.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jules said:

That's fine as long as you are willing to accept full responsibility should you pass the virus on to someone else. 

Better hope you have a lot of money.

How is it my fault if someone has a weak immune system?

• Like 1
  • Downvote 2

Hope what people in the relatively unscathed areas "see" never is what people in NY, NJ, meatpacking plants, etc. ARE seeing.  But they can if they try.

So my finger oximeter is on its way. But now a new worry. Strokes in young people with covid, even apparently otherwise healthy ones. A lot of the "found dead" are clot killed?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2020/04/24/strokes-coronavirus-young-patients/

1 hour ago, Hatin' life said:

I didn't freak out.  I asked questions.

If you don't have more questions after somebody feeds you any information, I don't know what to tell you.  I'm inquisitive and not very trusting when the track record of the news or government isn't very good.

Whats your opinion?

For those who can't buy bleach or Lysol right now, Ace is the place ... note anal applicator included.  

Roundup  Comfort Wand  Weed and Grass Killer  RTU Liquid  1.1 gal.

4 hours ago, Hatin' life said:

I doubt that.  Possible, but I doubt it.

More like being overblown by the whores selling advertising space to try and sell you more shit you don't need.

It never crossed my mind that I'd need the purple font for that one. :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, Jules said:

As it got crazier and crazier, a parody seemed more likely.  No one could be that dumb.  But then again...

Exactly - reality is way stranger than fiction these days.

2 hours ago, Hatin' life said:

Was that told to your cousins friend by that coroner?

Does it matter?

WTF is your point anyway?

If you had only say, 45,000 absolutely unquestionably certain Covid deaths instead of the current "questionable" 53,000 would that make everything O/K or something?

1 hour ago, Blue Crab said:

Are you and g7 neighbors?

I've never heard it called that before.

33 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:

For those who can't buy bleach or Lysol right now, Ace is the place ... note anal applicator included.  

Roundup  Comfort Wand  Weed and Grass Killer  RTU Liquid  1.1 gal.

Is that Trump approved?

2 hours ago, frenchie said:

8,184 - 4,491 = 3,693. 

Partial explanation is CDC ordered any death with China Virus positive, regardless of other factors be counted Chima Virus. Practically speaking, this eliminates variations in count due to opinions, guesses, etc. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, warbird said:

Partial explanation is CDC ordered any death with China Virus positive, regardless of other factors be counted Chima Virus. Practically speaking, this eliminates variations in count due to opinions, guesses, etc. 

And if you look at the CDC page, they report both the confirmed count and the probable count,

3 hours ago, warbird said:

Chima Virus.

Racist and illiterate.

You really have to be credited with an extraordinary talent for making yourself look like the ignorant asshole you are.

5 hours ago, g7tunison said:

How is it my fault if someone has a weak immune system?

Perfect logic!

38 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Racist and illiterate.

You really have to be credited with an extraordinary talent for making yourself look like the ignorant asshole you are.

There is a revered brewery in Mexico and I chose not to besmirch their trademark.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jules said:

Perfect logic!

Right! How about this scenario:

Person driving a car while smoking, texting, putting on makeup, dickin with radio, eating, whatever.  Veers off the road and splat, dead. Did the person die from the other activities, or major trauma? 

4 hours ago, FoolOnTheHill said:

And if you look at the CDC page, they report both the confirmed count and the probable count,

That's the point. The "probable" part is the b.s. if used to figure case fatality rate. In addition to that potential flaw, if many (?#) people are asymptomatic, there is no way to do the math and get a real answer.

• Downvote 1

17 minutes ago, g7tunison said:

That's the point. The "probable" part is the b.s. if used to figure case fatality rate. In addition to that potential flaw, if many (?#) people are asymptomatic, there is no way to do the math and get a real answer.

Why are *Rumpaholics such dogmatic, kneejerk dipshits?  

19 minutes ago, Left Shift said:

Why are *Rumpaholics such dogmatic, kneejerk dipshits?  

That actually works both ways. :D

By the way, I took a look at g7's interests - home lobotomy is one of them.

I'd say the evidence indicates he's damned good at it.

50 minutes ago, g7tunison said:

Right! How about this scenario:

Person driving a car while smoking, texting, putting on makeup, dickin with radio, eating, whatever.  Veers off the road and splat, dead. Did the person die from the other activities, or major trauma? 

You are a fuckin' jeenus!  The way you use logic and reason is umpersperent.  When are you running for prezidunce?

• Like 1