BravoBravo

"2019-nCoV"

1 minute ago, weightless said:

So, the new clinical diagnosis (Hubei only?) has added 15,384 cases to the total covid-19 population as of today. I suppose for continuity CDC is showing lab confirmed only on their top line. The Johns Hopkins dashboard shows the combined number of around 64k on theirs.

https://www.who.int/docs/default-source/coronaviruse/situation-reports/20200214-sitrep-25-covid-19.pdf?sfvrsn=61dda7d_2

image.png.4c0f44eb625eb7f0616972851dc8cca6.png

image.png.e5ce20e28b2a5e2ced6df994f53d0d0c.png

God forbid it establishes in India or Africa

2 hours ago, Bristol-Cruiser said:
4 hours ago, BravoBravo said:

corvvv.jpg

Note that this graphic applies to SARS - note the decision diamond near the bottom. A different one, perhaps very similar, perhaps not, would apply to the new one. Not sure how much value there is in posting something like this that non-doctors would not be able to fully appreciate.

SARS-CoV-2 is the terminology used in the scientific literature for COVID-19, formerly 2019-nCoV. SARS refers in general to "severe acute respiratory syndrome" and not specifically to the virus central to the 2002 outbreak, which is referred to in the scientific literature as "SARS-CoV-1". Both are corona viruses that infect the respiratory system.

Illumina, the largest manufacturer of DNA sequencers, posted a "what we know today" article yesterday that does a good job summarizing things:

https://www.illumina.com/company/news-center/feature-articles/illumina-perspective-on-the-novel-coronavirus--covid-19--outbrea.html?_lrsc=91608a20-d101-4e00-897a-8612a854d377&scid=2017305BN4

• Like 1

Edited by IStream
Duplicate

nothing to see here... keep moving keep moving

Sixty-million people have been told to stay at home unless there is an emergency, and the use of private cars has been banned indefinitely.

Covid-19 trick-o-treat look Halloween 2020... assuming anyone over 50s still alive by then.... ?!?

Untitled-1.thumb.jpg.922360bd563b0b1b2e7c75cbe28d61e9.jpg

UK NHS has declared once we have more than 100 cases live... testing for more wil be scrapped.... hey ho...

If its in the Torygraph must be true...

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/02/15/exclusive-millions-told-stay-home-coronavirus-continues-spread/

Getting inundated with ads for cruises. Tons of comments from people expressing their excitement for their upcoming vacations. I'm assuming they're bots. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, floating dutchman said:

Well the rate in increase seems to be slowing down, so what they are doing in China is having positive results.

So that's good.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/coronavirus-cases/

Sixty-million people have been told to stay at home unless there is an emergency,

that's right,  if we don't see you,  you cannot be sick...  rate go down.. economy saved... yeah !

4 hours ago, sshow bob said:

Getting inundated with ads for cruises. Tons of comments from people expressing their excitement for their upcoming vacations. I'm assuming they're bots. 

so what happens to those ships that had infected people on them?   cruise lines reposition their ships bases on seasons..   who's going to want to book a cruise on one of those ships? ..  they're going to have to renamed them in secret..

1 hour ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

Sixty-million people have been told to stay at home unless there is an emergency,

that's right,  if we don't see you,  you cannot be sick...  rate go down.. economy saved... yeah !

Yea, there is that.  Still, I hope you are wrong. :unsure:

1 hour ago, sshow bob said:

Why would anyone get on any of them at this point?

Because people are stupid.

There are parts of New Zealand that are often too expensive for the average Kiwi to really enjoy.  I was chatting with my wife about visiting those places soon as prices are bound to be down and crowds sure to be thinned.  I'm exposed to large numbers of travelers with work, so I guess the risk to me doesn't really change much.

Fool me once... shame on you

Fool me twice, shame on me...

This ADE twist explains for me some of the uglier vids via twitter coming out of China this past month, also kinda explains why over 50 new mobile incinerators where delivered to Wuhan

http://www.ecns.cn/news/2020-02-17/detail-ifztrmvi9824015.shtml

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Marinatrix447 said:

also kinda explains why over 50 new mobile incinerators where delivered to Wuhan

Your post has been removed for spreading misinformation and encouraging the use of non sourced or speculative opinion as fact.

As the global conversation continues around the spread of novel coronavirus, we want to surface the right information, promote constructive engagement, and highlight credible information on this emerging issue. NTD (this article’s source) is a television broadcaster, founded by Falun Gong practitioners, based in New York City. Due to its affinity for anti-CCP propaganda, NTD is not considered a credible source for our media platform.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Coronavirus/comments/f682dw/40_mobile_crematoriums_being_sent_to_wuhan/

Nevertheless, based on the latest news, it seems like Wuhan’s “garbage problem” is reaching a new height, a news article from China Ship News, reported that two mobile medical waste incineration modules and an improved medical waste incinerator with no pollution emission upgrades have been shipped to Wuhan on Feb 14, 2020.

Screen-Shot-2020-02-17-at-10.12.02-AM.pn

https://gnews.org/116362/

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Marinatrix447 said:

This ADE twist explains for me some of the uglier vids via twitter coming out of China this past month, also kinda explains why over 50 new mobile incinerators where delivered to Wuhan

I didn't conclude the ADE twist applied to the current wave of Corona in China...unless you are thinking some poor souls have contracted Corona twice

But I have noticed the "happy face" and downplay in the media this past week while understanding not much has changed for the good.....after all we only know what we are told or conclude from what we are told 

23 hours ago, Marinatrix447 said:

I will admit, I only watched about the first 15 minuets or so, and factually the guy seems legit, but I think he's a bit of an alarmist.

So the figures show that inside China (I'll get back to that) that China has the spread under control but the rest of the world has dropped the ball and this thing could spread big time, that could be real bad.

Now. Mid's post about the incinerators.  China is showing about 100 or so deaths a day.  For a country the size of china and the cities the size they are that does not seem to be a vary high number for them to cope with. but now they bring in incinerators?  That is interesting...

Incinerators for all the stuff?  There has to be a huge pile of used PPE, from masks to bedding, to everything else.

I wonder if this virus jumps back to animals as well.  Few in China have pets, so this could be an issue in other countries.

Bunch of farm animals turned up dead en masse near Wuhan.  Official explanation is sterilization chemicals overspray, which is not quite as scary as the disease hopping back and forth from man to critter, but still pretty scary for anyone living there.

Still zero evidence tending to disprove the theory that one of the many CIA assets in China dropped this bug in that market.  That theory is gaining steam west of the Urals, not that that has any credibility.  https://www.gazeta.ru/social/news/2020/01/27/n_13965710.shtml?utm_source=yxnews&utm_medium=desktop&utm_referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fyandex.ru%2Fnews

1 minute ago, Laurent said:

I cannot believe that India has only 3 cases.

Because they are not even aware !

1 minute ago, BravoBravo said:

Because they are not even aware !

'xactly

32 minutes ago, Laurent said:

I cannot believe that India has reported only 3 cases.

FIFY

2 hours ago, MR.CLEAN said:

Still zero evidence tending to disprove the theory that one of the many CIA assets in China dropped this bug in that market.  That theory is gaining steam west of the Urals, not that that has any credibility.  https://www.gazeta.ru/social/news/2020/01/27/n_13965710.shtml?utm_source=yxnews&utm_medium=desktop&utm_referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fyandex.ru%2Fnews

Kind of a stretch to have to disprove a conspiracy theory to remove it from the conversation.

Human psychology work in strange ways.

And then there are tabloids.  

5 minutes ago, Windward said:

Kind of a stretch to have to disprove a conspiracy theory to remove it from the conversation.

Human psychology work in strange ways.

And then there are tabloids.  

The shit that's gone down in the recent past has changed the probabilities significantly.  Failure to recognize that is failure to prepare for it.

And how, exactly, are you going to prepare?

1 hour ago, Laurent said:

I cannot believe that India has only 3 cases.

well considering how all the men are hot and bothered about not getting laid how would they see the symptoms...

in other wonderful news,   virus running rampant in chinese prisions and the  an infected s korean woman attended a church with thousands in attendance..

but in other  news,  i read a lengthy article on a virus scientist forum, which stated that it doesn't look to be man made or manipulated..

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

...in other  news,  i read a lengthy article on a virus scientist forum, which stated that it doesn't look to be man made or manipulated..

Science is for sheeple.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IStream said:

And how, exactly, are you going to prepare?

Tin foil. If you don't already have tons of it, get buying now.

And watch out for the contrails while you are outside, fuckers will get you.

56 minutes ago, Gissie said:

I thought the N95 masks protected you from contrails. That's why I won't go outside without one.

6 hours ago, MR.CLEAN said:

Still zero evidence tending to disprove the theory that one of the many CIA assets in China dropped this bug in that market.  That theory is gaining steam west of the Urals, not that that has any credibility.

Would not have required a CIA asset to deliver the virus to Wuhan. Any tourist from anywhere could do it. China is quite open now. Even some shady pal of Giuliani could do it for the price of an airline ticket. And of course it would happen at a Asian-style market as those are the most crowded venue in any city. Vulnerable people from all over the province gather there. Wouldn’t take a genius to plan that...which is evidence that Trump’s crack team of deep thinkers were in charge. Jus sayin.

4 hours ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

but in other  news,  i read a lengthy article on a virus scientist forum, which stated that it doesn't look to be man made or manipulated..

Of course they would make it look that way

fuck...

Four Iranians have died after contracting the coronavirus, with health authorities warning it has spread to multiple cities, while Israel and Lebanon declared their first domestic cases as the deadly epidemic spreads across the Middle East.

The increase in Middle East cases came as 16 more were reported in Italy, with several towns in Lombardy placed in lockdown and residents warned to stay at home.

Iranian health authorities reported two fatalities on Friday, according to Mehr news agency, adding to the two elderly patients who died on Wednesday. A further 14 people tested positive for the virus.

The outbreak in Iran began in the city of Qom, an often-visited religious destination. The health ministry official Minou Mohrez warned it had since spread to several cities, including the capital, Tehran, according to the official IRNA news agency.

“It’s possible that it exists in all cities in Iran,” she said, adding the source of the virus was likely a Chinese worker in Qom.

The threat posed is especially concerning in Iran after several years of tightening US sanctions by the Trump administration that have dangerously undermined the domestic health care system. In addition, the sharp devaluation of the Iranian rial makes it extremely unlikely its government would be able to throw the resources at an epidemic as witnessed in China.

To prevent infections, neighbouring Iraq shut its land crossings with Iran. However, the virus already appears to have leaked out of the country and across international borders.

In Lebanon, the health minister, Hamad Hassan, reported the country’s first case of the virus on Friday, stating the patient was a 45-year-old woman who arrived on Thursday on a flight from Qom.

so the virus has moved into countries that don't have the resources to fight it...    so it will quickly spread throughout  india as the islamic countries kick out their slave labor , but to no avail as all their service industry will be exposed,   think nannies, drivers, etc... 

• Like 1

CIA...China Infection Authority ?

3 minutes ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

fuck...

so the virus has moved into countries that don't have the resources to fight it...    so it will quickly spread throughout  india as the islamic countries kick out their slave labor , but to no avail as all their service industry will be exposed,   think nannies, drivers, etc... 

Something like that!... There is MUCH more to this than we are being told... go back to the beginning, China would not have gone to the extreme measures for a few deaths easily assumed to be seasonal flu... 

4 hours ago, Gissie said:

Thems called chemtrails -_-

14 minutes ago, Recidivist said:

Thems called chemtrails -_-

Apologies, goggles (and brain) were misted up.

• Like 1

Big Brain: The Eyes of Darkness

Galaxy Brain: Three Days of the Condor

Australian coronavirus vaccine goes into test production

A factory in Melbourne has started producing a test dose of a potential coronavirus vaccine which scientists will begin testing on animals this week.

The test vaccine was developed in just six weeks by University of Queensland researchers using world-first molecular clamp technology invented in Australia.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/australian-coronavirus-vaccine-goes-into-test-production-20200221-p5436l.html

17 hours ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

aPRdn3w_460swp.webp

Well, that's pretty much proof of the Matrix, if nothing else. 

Maybe they didn't see it coming?

Wuhan at night?.......Yikes!

Fuck.  That's some scary shit.

I'm sure that a lot of cities around the world have erupted into violence by now.

Mental note: Keep a stash of food in the house and a play-station.

23 hours ago, floating dutchman said:

Mainstream media is now starting to talk about an increase rate of spread outside China.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/world/asia/119734118/coronavirus-outbreak-edges-closer-to-pandemic

That's not good.

On NPR on this afternoons commute they said the rate of new cases in China was declining???

23 hours ago, floating dutchman said:

Mainstream media is now starting to talk about an increase rate of spread outside China.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/world/asia/119734118/coronavirus-outbreak-edges-closer-to-pandemic

That's not good.

3 minutes ago, billy backstay said:

On NPR on this afternoons commute they said the rate of new cases in China was declining???

Both have been well reported this morning/lunchtime in Europe, it’s just the way it’s spreading. 

45 minutes ago, mad said:

Both [the growth in new cases ex-China and the lowering rate of new cases in China] have been well reported this morning/lunchtime in Europe, it’s just the way it’s spreading. 

Yep. About 97% of cases worldwide are in China. The growth rate there as of today appears to be about 1. Ex-China the growth rate as of today appears to be around 2 but the number of cases is small. The ordinate scales of these charts are very different.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/coronavirus-cases/#daily-cases

image.png.007f9c292ebfd79bcfebd422fe2f1200.png

image.png.721bdbbee48358fc5f4e65dc2b2d0e43.png

If people are ready to abandon the silly conspiracy theories and consider peer reviewed science.:

Higher viral loads (inversely related to Ct value) were detected soon after symptom onset, with higher viral loads detected in the nose than in the throat. Our analysis suggests that the viral nucleic acid shedding pattern of patients infected with SARS-CoV-2 resembles that of patients with influenza4 and appears different from that seen in patients infected with SARS-CoV.3 The viral load that was detected in the asymptomatic patient was similar to that in the symptomatic patients, which suggests the transmission potential of asymptomatic or minimally symptomatic patients.

Identification of patients with few or no symptoms and with modest levels of detectable viral RNA in the oropharynx for at least 5 days suggests that we need better data to determine transmission dynamics and inform our screening practices.

On the plus side, we’ve made vaccines for other coronavirus before.    I understand it’s genetic material is more stable then influenza or HIV, so a vaccine will work longer, but not as stable as a DNA virus.   I suspect they are targeting surface receptors that allowed it to make the jump from bat to humans cells, so if it mutates away from the vaccine it also ceases to be a problem.  The quarantine may have bought some time,   Technology has improved greatly since SARS 1.

Coronaviruses generally don’t last long in the environment, so dry contaminated surfaces become safe after a few days of neglect.   Vodka kills it in one minute,    Some coronaviruses have lasted in manure or sewage a little longer, and organic material deactivates most disinfectants.    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3509683/

I believe the outbreak to be serious, but not science fiction scary.    2020 mortality isn’t likely to rival great outbreaks of our past.   The economic impact will remind us just how interconnected our planet has become.   

7E9386F9-72F3-419F-AEBF-3FC109646A3C.png

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Lark said:

consider peer reviewed

That's an interesting and concerning letter. I'm not sure it is "peer reviewed" in the way that term is usually used. Journal letters usually get editorial review but not peer review.

8 hours ago, Lark said:

2020 mortality isn’t likely to rival great outbreaks of our past.  

I pray that we win that bet. The data I've seen so far isn't encouraging to me.

(Antidote's du jour)

In response to Monday's stock market bloodbath... and gold's surge...

2020-02-17.jpg.bd190fc8ea2b9609e78c68cbbfb8b39c.jpg

And on thoughts HAZMAT Italia...

mntr5.thumb.jpg.ffba5dc2c9d50ac29390b910e7c77f87.jpg

Prego....

• Like 1

The number of recoveries is now sufficiently large to compare to the number of cases over time:

image.thumb.png.657d01b5aa8ec5648a0c3275d3cf541b.png

The curves match pretty closely, at least using chi-by-eye, with a phase delay of almost exactly 3 weeks. If the number of new cases in China continues to stay flat, we'll have a decent measure of mortality in China in about three weeks. when the recovery curve flattens. 

Just now, IStream said:

The number of recoveries is now sufficiently large to compare to the number of cases over time:

image.thumb.png.657d01b5aa8ec5648a0c3275d3cf541b.png

The curves match pretty closely, at least using chi-by-eye, with a phase delay of almost exactly 3 weeks. If the number of new cases in China continues to stay flat, we'll have a decent measure of mortality in China in about three weeks. when the recovery curve flattens. 

Can throw the China stats out the window, unless you believe made up numbers are as good as real numbers...that said...China has the best mechanism to control something like this...the greatest threat will come from economies and infrastructures like India and Africa and the many 3rd,4th and 5th tier shit holes countries  

Even imperfect data can be informative. 

48 minutes ago, BravoBravo said:

Can throw the China stats out the window, unless you believe made up numbers are as good as real numbers...that said...China has the best mechanism to control something like this...the greatest threat will come from economies and infrastructures like India and Africa and the many 3rd,4th and 5th tier shit holes countries  

No virus In Mexico. Prolly the Montazumae’s Revenge flushes it out of body quickly. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Al Paca said:

No virus In Mexico. Prolly the Montazumae’s Revenge flushes it out of body quickly. 

they die from bullet holes , before the virus takes affect..

aO0AGgy_460swp.webp

2 hours ago, weightless said:

It's important to note that the 9% death figure above does not mean that the disease carries a 9% expected mortality rate. It generally takes longer to recover from the disease than to die from it and since we're still near the start of the pandemic, roughly 2/3 of all infections haven't resolved to an outcome. A mortality rate of ~2% that's commonly cited is not inconsistent with the continued downward slope of the death rate curve as those cases resolve.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, weightless said:

That's an interesting and concerning letter. I'm not sure it is "peer reviewed" in the way that term is usually used. Journal letters usually get editorial review but not peer review.

I pray that we win that bet. The data I've seen so far isn't encouraging to me.

I thought about that this morning, on the other hand the New England Journal of Medicine values its reputation.    Due to the critical nature of the information I would be stunned if they hadn't thoroughly vetted the authors and had people in infectious disease or virology look at the methodology before publishing it.   Since the information is time sensitive, expediting it as a letter to bypass the multi month formal review process does make sense.   I trust this letter more then the ramblings of a stateside lawyer or one person of uncertain credentials blogging.  

I'm amazed at the economic burden this quarantine has placed on the Chinese economy.   Assuming the death toll is within an order of magnitude to the reports, I believe the world owes China a debt of gratitude for their sacrifice, slowing its spread allowing the world's health agencies time to come up to speed.   Of course the Chinese response won't have been perfect, it never is.     

2 hours ago, weightless said:

Just cases with a reported outcome:

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/coronavirus-cases/

image.png.24b864affb0eff52387fd637ef5f2a62.png

Total numbers are always uncertain.  Many sick people don't get a formal diagnosis, especially if point of care testing isn't available.    Likewise anybody with vaguely similar symptoms will self diagnose.    I've been amazed at the details people are prepared to overlook when self diagnosing.    The numbers will be much more uncertain when the disease hits America, due to the large number of people without adequate health insurance.    The very poor with nothing to lose and no ability to pay as well as those lucky enough to have good benefits will of course seek prompt diagnosis.  The huge mass in the middle will try to tough it out and delay diagnosis until they get scared, to avoid medical debt.   Those same people will be forced to continue to work as long as possible, to avoid short paychecks.   NPR said 20% of working Americans work more then one job, so that adds another epidemiology cluster around each case.   Add the ability of this virus to be spread by people who aren't especially sick and it will spread rapidly without Chinese level shutdowns.     The economic impact is significant, even if mortality is 9% of  the 20% of cases that are serious enough to go to see a doctor.    An unknown number of cases will remain subclinical as well, Typhoid Mary style.   Preexisting lung damage may play a roll, so Chinese environmental problems could make outcomes worse there.  Many viruses naturally attenuate over time, finding they can maximize replication by minimizing illness in the host.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, IStream said:

It's important to note that the 9% death figure above does not mean that the disease carries a 9% expected mortality rate. It generally takes longer to recover from the disease than to die from it and since we're still near the start of the pandemic, roughly 2/3 of all infections haven't resolved to an outcome. A mortality rate of ~2% that's commonly cited is not inconsistent with the continued downward slope of the death rate curve as those cases resolve.

Also keep in mind that many mild cases were probably ignored in the early stages in the same way we might shrug off a 2-3 day mild flu episode as a "stomach bug".  Until the population was sensitized to the potential meaning of mild symptoms they are unlikely to seek medical care unless it progressed to significant symptoms so total cases are likely to be overstated and death rate overstated in the population at large.  Reports indicate more than 80% of cases are mild.  

18 minutes ago, Innocent Bystander said:

Also keep in mind that many mild cases were probably ignored in the early stages in the same way we might shrug off a 2-3 day mild flu episode as a "stomach bug".  Until the population was sensitized to the potential meaning of mild symptoms they are unlikely to seek medical care unless it progressed to significant symptoms so total cases are likely to be overstated and death rate overstated in the population at large.  Reports indicate more than 80% of cases are mild.  

Keep in mind China's response was EXTREME...in the very very early days....which tells me they knew the virus had escaped and was not spontaneous.  

55 minutes ago, Lark said:

I trust this letter more then the ramblings of a stateside lawyer or one person of uncertain credentials blogging.  

Me too. Thanks for posting it.

38 minutes ago, BravoBravo said:

Keep in mind China's response was EXTREME...in the very very early days....which tells me they knew the virus had escaped and was not spontaneous.  

Yet the evidence says coronaviruses have jumped from wildlife to humans multiple times.   This is on my list.  Maybe tonight while prepping the rudder for final paint.  https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2020/02/05/802938289/new-coronavirus-wont-be-the-last-outbreak-to-move-from-animal-to-human

Thanks to advances in gene sequencing this virus was mapped weeks ago, by independent labs.   They did not find splices of RNA from other pathogens.   As amazing as it is, multiple labs can sequence the genetic code and a chimera couldn't be hidden for long.   Coronaviruses just aren't usually that exciting of a virus.    If they were a little scarier we would have finished making a SARS vaccine.   That would speed the process for this vaccine.     Mother nature is a tireless inventor, no reason to give credit to a couple evil scientists working a measly 50 or 60 hours per week.    Nature is running its trials 168 hours / week in meat markets, exotic animal swap meets and farms all over the world.    

Your logic is a bit suspect.   Initially China downplayed this new virus, admonishing healthcare professionals who talked about it for scaring the public.  They were complacent and slow to react, trying to burry a problem instead of solving it.   They also knew it was a terror weapon of their own creation, spreading in the heart of their nation, so they choked their own economy to slow its spread.   Yet they didn't bother develop a vaccine to protect their own soldiers.                

Of course, if you prefer:    https://www.journalofastrology.com/article.php?article_id=562

1 hour ago, blunderfull said:

https://voiceofoc.org/2020/02/judge-grants-city-of-costa-mesas-request-to-halt-use-of-fairview-developmental-center-as-covid-19-quarantine-facility/

The conversation is just getting started around here.   This injunction caught a lot of attention this morning.

Is it owned by the feds or the state?    I heard (NPR morning news) Alabama was able to keep the feds from using a FEMA center for federal emergency quarantine needs, which made me want the federal government to simply close the facility and use one from a northern state next time there’s a hurricane.   The commute may be inconvenient, but if the federal government can’t use it why keep it open?    If Fairview gets federal money I have the same opinion.    

But whoever has the world's goods, and sees his brother in need and closes his heart against him, how does the love of God abide in him?”    

I wonder if there is a connection between smoking and this virus/mortality.  Many younger folks are dying, and it is respiratory in nature.  And many more men smoke per capita in China than elsewhere on the globe.  Could this be a factor?  hmmm.

41 minutes ago, Windward said:

I wonder if there is a connection between smoking and this virus/mortality.  Many younger folks are dying, and it is respiratory in nature.  And many more men smoke per capita in China than elsewhere on the globe.  Could this be a factor?  hmmm.

I though the vast majority of fatalities were among the over 60's. and those with compromised immune systems and respiratory problems?

Have you got a link that "many" young people are dying? 

3 hours ago, Lark said:

Is it owned by the feds or the state?    

Checking their website:  “...private, non-profit contracted by State for services.”

Why the US is screwed if it comes here:    If correct, this story is wrong on at least three levels.   https://apple.news/AAwKqVceJRtWGS4TB2QRQzQ

After returning to Miami last month from a work trip in China, Osmel Martinez Azcue found himself in a frightening position: he was developing flu-like symptoms, just as coronavirus was ravaging the country he had visited.

Under normal circumstances, Azcue said he would have gone to CVS for over-the-counter medicine and fought the flu on his own, but this time was different. As health officials stressed preparedness and vigilance for the respiratory illness, Azcue felt it was his responsibility to his family and his community to get tested for novel coronavirus, known as COVID-19.

He went to Jackson Memorial Hospital, where he said he was placed in a closed-off room. Nurses in protective white suits sprayed some kind of disinfectant smoke under the door before entering, Azcue said. Then hospital staff members told him he’d need a CT scan to screen for coronavirus, but Azcue said he asked for a flu test first.

“This will be out of my pocket,” Azcue, who has a very limited insurance plan, recalled saying. “Let’s start with the blood test, and if I test positive, just discharge me.” 

Fortunately, that’s exactly what happened. He had the flu, not the deadly virus that has infected tens of thousands of people, mostly in China, and killed at least 2,239 as of Friday’s update by the World Health Organization.

But two weeks later, Azcue got unwelcome news in the form of a notice from his insurance company about a claim for $3,270.

In 2018, President Donald Trump’s administration rolled back Affordable Care Act regulations and allowed so-called “junk plans” in the market. Consumers mistakenly assume that the plans with lower monthly costs will be better than no insurance at all in case of a medical catastrophe, but often the plans aren’t very different from going without insurance altogether.

The official numbers on Covid-19 are virtually meaningless.

What you will see soon… (especially in dense urban settings) is the REAL panic in your local neighbourhood kicking-in when it dawns on the masses that ‘normal’ life is on hold… due to mandatory quarantining. How likely is that to work in the more freedom focused libertine 1st world west?

Exactly…

Bottom line… 40-70% of the global population catching this virulent bug is highly likely… the contagion/pandemic math makes it so.

To quote Churchill: “We must just KBO…”

And to those who think this is a winter virus that evaporates in the summer. Nope... ain’t gonna happen.

Antidote du jour?

Untitled-1.jpg.b18bc5957bc1bb0ec5657123bb50d264.jpg

https://mobile.twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1232276183305400320

Iran’s deputy health minister actively spreading/shedding the virus, during national announcement. Almost as sad ironically as British coach drivers delivering es Wuhan/plague ship quarantine victims sans any hazmat protection to their holding pens.

My advice?

Be prep’d best you can be for family…friends and loved ones… Keep smiling!

Three weeks ago this thread was getting few hits... now?

B I N G O

9 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

I though the vast majority of fatalities were among the over 60's. and those with compromised immune systems and respiratory problems?

Have you got a link that "many" young people are dying? 

No link, sorry.  Rather an impression.  Hence the language in my post " I wonder" and  "could this be a factor" that you conveniently clipped from my post.  :)

I have a very dim view of all the links, studies and stats.  I would venture a guess that they are all off by huge percentages.  Wild ass guesses are better labels.

Young doctor who sounded the alarm dies, Wuhan medical people are dying etc.  Are they all over 80?  No.

Alarmist media looking for clicks?  Possibly.

Panicking governments?  Probably

WHO playing politics and influence peddling? Likely.

Follow the money, stock up on tinfoil and go sailing.  

A thorough article (as usual) by The Atlantic:

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2020/02/covid-vaccine/607000/?utm_medium=offsite&utm_source=yahoo&utm_campaign=yahoo-non-hosted&yptr=yahoo

Hope the link works...

Some key nuggets; highlights by me:

The Harvard epidemiology professor Marc Lipsitch predicts that, within the coming year, some 40 to 70 percent of people around the world will be infected with the virus that causes COVID-19. But, he clarifies emphatically, this does not mean that all will have severe illnesses. “It’s likely that many will have mild disease, or may be asymptomatic,” he said. As with influenza, which is often life-threatening to people with chronic health conditions and of older age, most cases pass without medical care. (Overall, around 14 percent of people with influenza have no symptoms.)

The emerging consensus among epidemiologists is that the most likely outcome of this outbreak is a new seasonal disease—a fifth “endemic” coronavirus. With the other four, people are not known to develop long-lasting immunity. If this one follows suit, and if the disease continues to be as severe as it is now, “cold and flu season” could become “cold and flu and COVID-19 season.”

So, in summary, we are fucked... But we have been fucked before, and we are still here.

On 2/16/2020 at 9:37 PM, sshow bob said:

Why would anyone get on any of them at this point?

Buy Amazon stock. I'm sure not going to Meijer right now. I'm on drugs that suppress my immune system due to an autoimmune issue.