1 hour ago, bplipschitz said:

"Slowly" only because of quarantining.  Since we're abandoning that, and since there is still inadequate testing and little contact tracing, it'll speed up.

It'll get upwards of 60-70% of the population infected.  And with current data, about half a million dead because of it (0.26% infected mortality rate).  Not to mention the pathologies noted even in asymptomatic cases, which can have long-term consequences. . .

God I hope so.  Let's get the sheep back to work before I have to shoot someone in the head so I can eat their children.

6 hours ago, Hatin' life said:

I'm ready for this shit to mutate and burn through the population so we can carry on.

Well, it's burned through almost 130,000 of your countrymen to date.

1 hour ago, SloopJonB said:

Well, it's burned through almost 130,000 of your countrymen to date.

Add a couple of zeros and I'll be interested.

Yet still not impressed.

Good luck travelling internationally for a long time at this rate...  :(

• Like 1

In the Pacific Northwest here are some numbers

Total hospitals- 98

Total hospital beds- 10,259

Total ICU beds- Varies on staffing but seems to average 5% of total bed volume per hospital- 1,025

Daily COVID stats as of 6/25/20- Covid hospitalizations- 305, number on ventilators- 50

Population of Washington State- 7.5 million

Total tested so far- 514,428 

Total positive cases- 30,855

Total deaths- 1304

So we have tested just under 8%, of those 6% have tested positive and .026% have died

Extrapolated out that means the potential for about 450,000 positive cases at 100% testing and 19,500 deaths.

Per the WA DOH numbers the 2018-2019 flu season had 245 deaths, this was considered an average flu season. Fatal car crashes- 497

So yeah, this is not something to dismiss or take lightly. The fact that our state is seeing a surge almost exactly two weeks after mass protests and rioting is a discussion for PA, but certainly suspect. 

People need to get used to the new normal until there is an effective vaccine. That may still 6-18 months from now (I said effective). But I don't believe we shut down the whole freaking state again!

WL

49 minutes ago, Innocent Bystander said:

Pic from a festival in 2015.....

Yeah, I knew that couldn't be a current one - but due to a spike in the area tubing is now right out on the Guadalupe for the time being. In other really bold steps our governor also closed the bars and halted the further opening of businesses.  No state mask mandate which the GOP uses to defy our city/county mandate next month when they come here for the state convention.

We're still not as stupid as Floriduh so there is that.

3 hours ago, Blue Crab said:

Tubing in Texas:

A Trumpian Petri dish.

1 hour ago, Innocent Bystander said:

Pic from a festival in 2015.....

Yeah. I took from Twitter but no date. That said, it looked like that when I worked at a canoe livery on the Guadalupe R circa 1980s. Just after the invention of inner tubes.

2 hours ago, White Lightning2 said:

In the Pacific Northwest here are some numbers

Total hospitals- 98

Total hospital beds- 10,259

Total ICU beds- Varies on staffing but seems to average 5% of total bed volume per hospital- 1,025 

Ummm - that's 10%.

513 beds would be 5%.

Not much when compared to numbers like Floriduh and Texas are producing.

I suspect they'll be going into triage pretty soon - let everyone over 60 die like Italy did.

4 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

4 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

I suspect they'll be going into triage pretty soon - let everyone over 60 die like Italy did.

That won't bother the people swarming without masks. I am convinced all the "don't give it to mom and dad or grandma" rhetoric is counterproductive. They are at best neutral on Boomer Remover Coronavirus. 

12 hours ago, Windward said:

Good luck travelling internationally for a long time at this rate...  :(

I've been "stuck" at work in NE Nigeria since January - usually we get R&R every 6 weeks, a week to remember we're human, then come back and dig in again.  Been at it now straight since Jan, plus the bout with C19 that ended up taking a month plus to get out of my system (yesterday's bloodwork shows the drug effects reversing, woohoo!). 

So now there are some few flights arranged to bring people who got 'stuck' at home back to the duty station and they're letting us take some time off - so my itinerary is: MIU>ABV>ACC>ADD>YYZ ... and will take five flippin' days instead of the usual 27hr. Then 2wk quarantine (working remotely) before I get to see my near and dear, but that's worth it.  I miss the good old days of easier international travel, that's for sure.   The national airlines here are still grounded though - it'll be awhile before the skies open up again.

• Like 1

prefer if folks wouldn't quote russian misinformation, defamation, false memes,  makes it harder to remove.

• Like 1

Well.....it’s back. After 3-4 excellent weeks, suddenly today exhausted, resting pulse 110, o2 at 95, fever 101, a little chest pain. I do not want to do this again!

52 minutes ago, Point Break said:

Well.....it’s back. After 3-4 excellent weeks, suddenly today exhausted, resting pulse 110, o2 at 95, fever 101, a little chest pain. I do not want to do this again!

Hange in theire buddey, wearre pulleng foire you.                                :)

• Like 5

Pb. Damn. Get thee to the doc.

Get a test. May be opportunistic pneumonia with your lungs somewhat compromised. BIL in Montana has some real comorbidities and is currently in isolation on high flow O2 with double pneumonia.  Went to the ER with 84% 02.  Tests positive for rhinovirus and 2 negative “15 min” CV tests. Awaiting longer term test. 

30 minutes ago, Innocent Bystander said:

Pb. Damn. Get thee to the doc.

Get a test. May be opportunistic pneumonia with your lungs somewhat compromised. 

This.

It’s probably not back but many (including younger people) who get it will battle long term chronic fatigue which may last as long as 6 months.

Best of luck.

5 hours ago, Point Break said:

I haven't heard of relapses. I hope it's something else that can be cleared up relatively easily.  Go see your Dr without delay, please.  (and please keep us posted as you're able) 

12 minutes ago, Bowgirl said:

I haven't heard of relapses. I hope it's something else that can be cleared up relatively easily.  Go see your Dr without delay, please.  (and please keep us posted as you're able) 

I have, first one I heard of was an Australian couple off a cruise ship in Japan.

Coronavirus symptoms — Australian couple from Diamond Princess explain what it's like to have COVID-19

"Ms Honey's symptoms eventually disappeared and she returned a negative result, but she recently tested positive again.

That is consistent with reports from China and Japan of patients being discharged and then testing positive for the second time.

This could mean the virus is biphasic, where the virus lurks around undetected before recurring."

Hang in there PB.

A friend of mine in Florida was diagnosed with it yesterday.  She's relatively young (32) so hopefully she beats it.

Florida numbers are still spiking greatly.  Set another record yesterday, 9600 new cases.  29,042 new cases in the last four days.

Damn PB, you had us all relaxed and now you spring this on us.  Please follow IB's advice, and keep us posted, as BG says.  Lots of people here holding you in their thoughts.

Masks in the sticks: Almost everyone in the hardware store wore one for a big change. A notable exception was a bald guy who walked in with a handkerchief in hand. When he got to the register, I had to snicker: he hadn't made a mask but a doo-rag.

It's on: My county went from 0 to 26 cases in 3 months. Then 26 to 41 in this past month; now up to 70 "confirmed cases" in a week. Gotta wonder how many actually are home sick.

Some toilet paper available. No paper towels since the panic began. Supplies must be being diverted to mask and other med production.

Use Amazon. They have stuff. Distilleries like Mystic have good sanitizer.  

22 hours ago, Point Break said:

That sucks.  There are a number of people that are "relapsing" (if you will) -- not getting it again, just not totally getting over it.  Hope that's not you, and you get back to normal quickly.

6 hours ago, Blue Crab said:

Pic Not from a festival in 2015: 

ImageSalt River near Phoenix yesterday. Photo by super-spreader. https://t.co/rR2RMzIVVv?amp=1

My god.    Is that what city people do on a weekend?   It looks like a pre COVID Chinese wave pool (without the water).    

22 hours ago, Point Break said:

Your not that fucking old. Fight, you bastard!

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Point Break said:

You kicked its ass the first time, you'll do the same in round 2 buddy.  You got this.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Blue Crab said:

ImageSalt River near Phoenix yesterday. Photo by super-spreader. https://t.co/rR2RMzIVVv?amp=1

That doesn't look like fun, even without the risk of COVID.  Way too many people.

Just now, Jkdubz808 said:

That doesn't look like fun, even without the risk of COVID.  Way too many people.

If you thouht peopel our targettes, you woude thick thast a fun spotte..............                   :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Snaggletooth said:

If you thouht peopel our targettes, you woude thick thast a fun spotte..............                   :)

CP_9BPmUAAAy0_1.jpg

16 hours ago, Blue Crab said:

So who gets out to have a piss?

18 minutes ago, astro said:

Paywall.

You're not missing much. Some Americentric blather and lots of dots.

Meh.

54 minutes ago, Jkdubz808 said:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/us/coronavirus-spread.html                                                         :)

Clever idea to cover the scorching innertube with a fitted sheet.   

Sorry... back to the original programming.

Well...............after two pretty shitty days....not as shitty as the first round mind you, but still pretty shitty.....with the exact same symptoms but less intense, today I feel better. Not 100% but the fever is gone and the exhaustion is pretty much gone. Slept most of Sat on and off, stayed in bed resting till noon yesterday and forced myself to get up and watch some golf and at least sit upright till about 8 then off to bed. This morning all vitals an o2 levels are mostly good again. dSo...............I'm tinkering around the house again today just a little bit but nothing physically stressful. I get bored SO EASY, and not much of a "sit" person but I'll keep the level low. There is plenty of evidence that people do experience relapses of varying severity. Most reports seem like the relapse is less severe like mine was/is but some small number are more serious. The biggest number of relapses I have seen - which is to be distinguished from constant low level lingering - is 3. I hope mine is limited to two. It wasn't as physically bad but the specter of doing it again as the symptoms emerged was oppressive. At any rate..........things are good and improving. Thanks again for the good thoughts, this virus is a son-of-a-bitch! 

• Like 15

8 minutes ago, Point Break said:

Well...............after two pretty shitty days....not as shitty as the first round mind you, but still pretty shitty.....with the exact same symptoms but less intense, today I feel better. Not 100% but the fever is gone and the exhaustion is pretty much gone. Slept most of Sat on and off, stayed in bed resting till noon yesterday and forced myself to get up and watch some golf and at least sit upright till about 8 then off to bed. This morning all vitals an o2 levels are mostly good again. dSo...............I'm tinkering around the house again today just a little bit but nothing physically stressful. I get bored SO EASY, and not much of a "sit" person but I'll keep the level low. There is plenty of evidence that people do experience relapses of varying severity. Most reports seem like the relapse is less severe like mine was/is but some small number are more serious. The biggest number of relapses I have seen - which is to be distinguished from constant low level lingering - is 3. I hope mine is limited to two. It wasn't as physically bad but the specter of doing it again as the symptoms emerged was oppressive. At any rate..........things are good and improving. Thanks again for the good thoughts, this virus is a son-of-a-bitch! 

Glad to hear this time was short-lived.  Keep kicking it's ass!

• Like 1

Coming down from tahoe yesterday we stopped at the Chevron on Auburn Ravine Rd as usual when heading up or down. Windy as hell and I did not put my mask on to fill the car. The pump accepted my card but it would not pump! I tried and tried and no go. Finally I pulled up to the next pump to start over and put my mask on. Pump worked. Two other people were having the same trouble. I told them the woman inside would not start the pump unless you wearing a mask. One guy left with his vaping girlfriend and the other one finally put a mask on. On the way up I also stopped at a Chevron at Hwy 5 and 33. This one was not monitoring the pumps but the attendant in the mini-store would not unlock the door unless you were wearing a mask. No mask, no pee pee. Lots of white people standing out front without masks trying to figure out what to do. Hilarious.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Chris in Santa Cruz, CA said:

Coming down from tahoe yesterday we stopped at the Chevron on Auburn Ravine Rd as usual when heading up or down. Windy as hell and I did not put my mask on to fill the car. The pump accepted my card but it would not pump! I tried and tried and no go. Finally I pulled up to the next pump to start over and put my mask on. Pump worked. Two other people were having the same trouble. I told them the woman inside would not start the pump unless you wearing a mask. One guy left with his vaping girlfriend and the other one finally put a mask on. On the way up I also stopped at a Chevron at Hwy 5 and 33. This one was not monitoring the pumps but the attendant in the mini-store would not unlock the door unless you were wearing a mask. No mask, no pee pee. Lots of white people standing out front without masks trying to figure out what to do. Hilarious.

Justice.

40 minutes ago, Chris in Santa Cruz, CA said:

I really don't wear my mask when outside (the science says that is not necessary), so like you I would not have put on my mask in that setting. I have been using a glove when I handle the pump and keypad stuff. The emerging science does not seem to support much more than theoretical transmission via those surfaces.........still I have not been able to shake the habit. However.......and its a big however......I have zero objections to those who require in excess of the requirements based on the research. None of those requirements shake my day. I'm happy that people care enough to contribute to the community health and slowing/halting the pandemic and saving lives.

In both cases the windy outdoor venue was why I did not put the mask on the to pump the fuel and if needed would put it on the use the store or the head. However, the business owner is required to demand mask use in order to deliver goods and services.

I was walking to the front of the store and vice versa when shopping at the local Safeway but now I am going to just wear it in public as has been requested. The folks delivering the goods and services deserve the respect and creating a situation where they may need to confront me to remind me is just not cool. Took me a while to get all the way there.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Chris in Santa Cruz, CA said:

In both cases the windy outdoor venue was why I did not put the mask on the to pump the fuel and if needed would put it on the use the store or the head. However, the business owner is required to demand mask use in order to deliver goods and services.

I was walking to the front of the store and vice versa when shopping at the local Safeway but now I am going to just wear it in public as has been requested. The folks delivering the goods and services deserve the respect and creating a situation where they may need to confront me to remind me is just not cool. Took me a while to get all the way there.

Absolutely agree!

• Like 1

I just learned my BIL tested positive asymptotic after two tests, the second to check the first positive with no symptoms, interesting that his wife was negative. I traveled in recent days and was tested for the first time today, just curious 

6 hours ago, Point Break said:

Glad to hear, mate.  Keep kicking ass.

• Like 1

My local beer joint has reopened. Buy a brew and go outside with mask and 6' distancing.

Heh.

I walked in masked, then outside. No masks and dudes that can build boats and houses had forgotten what 6' looks like. Not a surprise but still a disappointment considering the virus is now upon us. Six more cases today in tiny county. Knuckleheads have no flexibility in their thinking. 

Edit: Reminds me of PA.

8 hours ago, Point Break said:

I thought you watched golf before bed?

How's the rest of the family?

1 hour ago, Blue Crab said:

My local beer joint has reopened. Buy a brew and go outside with mask and 6' distancing.

Heh.

I walked in masked, then outside. No masks and dudes that can build boats and houses had forgotten what 6' looks like. Not a surprise but still a disappointment considering the virus is now upon us. Six more cases today in tiny county. Knuckleheads have no flexibility in their thinking. 

Edit: Reminds me of PA.

I don’t go into PA anymore so I can’t say.......but your other observations are right on. In 6 southern Cali counties the governor has just issued orders to recluse all bars because.......you guessed it, no physical distancing and no masks inside and our case count and hospitalizations are accelerating tremendously. I’m shocked.

1 minute ago, Ease the sheet. said:

I thought you watched golf before bed?

How's the rest of the family?

I did! And thankfully I am the only one who is infected although Mrs PB is the only family member exposed for......going on 4 months. How she has avoided it is a mystery to us both.....but I’m very thankful.

• Like 1

This some else’s post in FaceBook, I cannot take credit or blame except for sharing:

The 1918-1920 flu pandemic came in three major waves. After the first wave in the US, the virus subsided, and Americans were restless to have businesses reopened and for social life to resume. There was a growing movement to stop wearing masks, which had become ubiquitous - so much so that The Anti-Mask League of 1919 was formed. These were protests from those who thought the public health ordinance violated their liberty. 

The virus came back with a vengeance in the fall and was much deadlier than the first wave, eventually killing more than 675,000 Americans and killing around 100 million of the 500 million it infected worldwide before it was over. This was before mass vaccination, before the electron microscope; this is the tragedy of herd immunity and stubborn ignorance. 

Viruses aren't political; they don't care about your theories or speculations or projections. They're unthinking parasites only wanting to replicate and use your body as a host. Wear a mask.

FFC4C5D9-3BDA-4FEA-A582-44B7F6BCAA44.jpeg

8 minutes ago, Point Break said:

I did! And thankfully I am the only one who is infected although Mrs PB is the only family member exposed for......going on 4 months. How she has avoided it is a mystery to us both.....but I’m very thankful.

So are we all!

• Like 2

Ontario is doing pretty well and mask usage is pretty good. What I have noticed is that women are much better than men and the men not wearing masks often should be - they are 50+ and generally quite obese.

5 hours ago, Chris in Santa Cruz, CA said:

Welcome to the masked side!  We have cookies!  You can’t eat them with a mask on, but we have cookies! It has been observed that the people who wear masks and stay home now are the ones who finish group projects. :)  Imagine if everyone is felled by COVID 19 except the ones who finish the group project......   :ph34r:

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Point Break said:

This some else’s post in FaceBook, I cannot take credit or blame except for sharing:

The 1918-1920 flu pandemic came in three major waves. After the first wave in the US, the virus subsided, and Americans were restless to have businesses reopened and for social life to resume. There was a growing movement to stop wearing masks, which had become ubiquitous - so much so that The Anti-Mask League of 1919 was formed. These were protests from those who thought the public health ordinance violated their liberty. 

The virus came back with a vengeance in the fall and was much deadlier than the first wave, eventually killing more than 675,000 Americans and killing around 100 million of the 500 million it infected worldwide before it was over. This was before mass vaccination, before the electron microscope; this is the tragedy of herd immunity and stubborn ignorance. 

Viruses aren't political; they don't care about your theories or speculations or projections. They're unthinking parasites only wanting to replicate and use your body as a host. Wear a mask.

FFC4C5D9-3BDA-4FEA-A582-44B7F6BCAA44.jpeg

Viruses are not political, but people make them political.  Viruses are a neutral purple people eater, if you give them 1/2 a chance, and 1/2 the people are giving it a total chance, it will eat eat!

^^^ Related:

Most People With Coronavirus Won’t Spread It. Why Do a Few Infect Many?

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/30/science/how-coronavirus-spreads.html?action=click&module=Top Stories&pgtype=Homepage

...On the other hand, knowing that Covid-19 is a superspreading pandemic could be a good thing. “It bodes well for control,” Dr. Nelson said.

Since most transmission happens only in a small number of similar situations, it may be possible to come up with smart strategies to stop them from happening. It may be possible to avoid crippling, across-the-board lockdowns by targeting the superspreading events.

“By curbing the activities in quite a small proportion of our life, we could actually reduce most of the risk,” said Dr. Kucharski.

The NYT might be paywalled for some.

TL;DR: perhaps 10% of infectious people are responsible for 80% of new infections. Certain types of contact (eg. in crowded bars) at just the right moment in the progression of the disease in the super spreader can result in many new infections.

Here are the preprints they cite:

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.06.20.20130476v2

https://wellcomeopenresearch.org/articles/5-67

1 hour ago, dyslexic dog said:

On the other hand, we were up in Gaylord last week and were pleasantly surprised at the number of masks we saw.  Of course there was a bonfire party on the lake with about 60 trumpies getting hammered with zero distancing, but it's progress.

On 6/28/2020 at 10:23 AM, Blue Crab said:

Yup, Witnessed this a couple months ago.  That is exactly the scene when I bolted home.  Windows up, ac on and air recirculating.  WTF are people thinking.  

15 minutes ago, shaggy said:

WTF are people thinking.  

They aren't thinking.  That's the problem.

13 minutes ago, Ed Lada said:
29 minutes ago, shaggy said:

WTF are people thinking.  

They aren't thinking.  That's the problem.

Thast what I thouht....            :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shaggy said:

Yup, Witnessed this a couple months ago.  That is exactly the scene when I bolted home.  Windows up, ac on and air recirculating.  WTF are people thinking.  

They are powerless in their regular lives and civil disobedience is all they have to make them feel like they are big people. Most of the people not wearing masks in Tahoe were frankly white males with large pickup trucks or muscle cars and their bitches etc. Either that or obese middle aged and older white people. Just a reality. Nothing worse than the combination of entitlement, ignorance, and low self esteem.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Chris in Santa Cruz, CA said:

Nothing worse than the combination of entitlement, ignorance, and low self esteem.

Haven't seen the cause of our pandemic response boiled down to its foundations so well.  Gracias.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

Haven't seen the cause of our pandemic response boiled down to its foundations so well.  Gracias.

You have no idea how hard it was to not go PA after that sentence :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MR.CLEAN said:

PA?  What's that?

:ph34r:

Stands for "Permanently Antagonistic". 

• Like 1

Someone is trying to sell these in FL.

101811453_884835408686234_6474371729354391552_o.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MR.CLEAN said:

PA?  What's that?

:ph34r:

250px-Southpark_ep107_2.jpg

22 hours ago, Bristol-Cruiser said:

Ontario is doing pretty well and mask usage is pretty good. What I have noticed is that women are much better than men and the men not wearing masks often should be - they are 50+ and generally quite obese.

Don't forget that the mask doesn't protect the wearer, it protects everybody else from virus in your exhaled droplets.  So, everyone should wear one whether they are at risk, over 50, obese, or not.

4 minutes ago, Rain Man said:

Don't forget that the mask doesn't protect the wearer, it protects everybody else from virus in your exhaled droplets. 

It has some protection value in symbolic demonstration of good citizenship, patriotism, team spirt, etc. as well as the community benefits of flattening the curve and generally suppressing the virus. So I wouldn't say that it "doesn't protect the wearer." 

• Like 1

60163.thumb.jpeg.b31b4a4ce05687911aae70db95e8edea.jpeg

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Hatin' life said:

60163.thumb.jpeg.b31b4a4ce05687911aae70db95e8edea.jpeg

For the last time........the mask isn’t to protect you......the mask isn’t to protect you......the mask isn’t to protect you......it’s marginally effective at that. What it does is protect others from you should you be ill........it protects others from you should you be ill..... it protects others from you should you be ill.....it’s pretty good at that. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Point Break said:

For the last time........the mask isn’t to protect you......the mask isn’t to protect you......the mask isn’t to protect you......it’s marginally effective at that. What it does is protect others from you should you be ill........it protects others from you should you be ill..... it protects others from you should you be ill.....it’s pretty good at that. 

I doubt that as well.  Listen to anyone who wears glasses.

A virus can't be stopped by anything other than a vaccine, or the sun exploding.

Maybe a few other acts of nature are acceptable as well.  I'll give comet, and super volcano a pass too.

Virus infectiousness, mask efficacy, even vaccine efficacy aren't binary. It may take exposure to 1000's of virus particles for you to reliably become infected. Maybe you've already been exposed but not to enough particles to get infected. An N95 mask may push that threshold up to 10000 particles. A bandanna may only push it up to 1300 particles. However, both do some good.

If you do get infected and you've been vaccinated, it'll still take your body time to mount a response. If the vaccine was highly specific and immunogenic, maybe that response time is a day. If the vaccine wasn't as specific or as immunogenic, maybe it's three days. Either is better than the ~7 days it takes many unvaccinated people to respond, by which time there's a risk of a cytokine storm because the virus has become so pervasive in the body that the immune system freaks out because it finds it around every corner. 

The point here is that biology isn't black or white, it's infinite shades of gray. In our normal experience, a protective strategy like a bandanna that's only 30% effective would be considered essentially worthless. However, this is an exponential growth phenomenon so normal experience doesn't apply.

A lot of the press describes the exponential function in terms of Ro, the number of people infected on average by one infected person, but that doesn't really give a good sense of the dynamics. Rather than Ro, I like to think about doubling times. If the doubling time of the exponential is 3 days like it was early in the pandemic, it means that in one month you'll have 2^10 = ~1000X as many cases as you have today. If you have 100 infected people walking around a city today, one month from now (10 doubling periods) you'll have 100,000 infections. Even shitty masks and imperfect social distancing can stretch the doubling time to 6 or 7 days. That turns your 2^10 into 2^5, or 32X in a month instead of 1000X. It's still an exponential curve but it's much more manageable with isolation and contact tracing and it doesn't force your hospital staff to triage out the older and co-morbid patients to die in the hallways while younger co-morbids die on the ventilators.

• Like 9

6 hours ago, IStream said:

... Even shitty masks and imperfect social distancing can stretch the doubling time to 6 or 7 days. That turns your 2^10 into 2^5, or 32X in a month instead of 1000X. It's still an exponential curve but it's much more manageable with isolation and contact tracing and it doesn't force your hospital staff to triage out the older and co-morbid patients to die in the hallways while younger co-morbids die on the ventilators.

So, Hatin' Life ... wear a fucking mask of some kind. Show us the man you are when you're not in that jacked up Ford 450 Diesel Dually Dude.

• Like 2

Here in Cali the covidiots have cost us every bit of the last 4 months. We are not only back to square one but things are much worse and accelerating. Here in my county the number of cases is way up with a positive testing rate above 10% even though the number of tests given is falling. The real indicator (IMHO) is hospitalizations are up from around 360 only 7 days ago to nearly 500. Bed capacity is up to 68% full and climbing. Surrounding counties are worse.......meanwhile the elected sheriff in Hell-A county says he will not have his deputies enforce the the governors statewide beach closure order. Oh.........and meanwhile the LAPD is taking @ a 200 million budget cut to appease the defund the police proponents. Eliminated the gang unit, the major crimes unit, the sexual assault unit among others. It’s safe to say not much enforcement of the new closures will happen in the city either. Still I see people everyday not in masks and behaving as if nothing is different.

It won’t stop till we are seeing mass graves and bodies laying in the streets. Even then the covidiots will claim it’s their right to endanger and kill the rest of us through their irresponsible behavior.

• Like 3

From March 5th to June 21st there were zero days where more then 9 new cases were reported, 2.9 new cases per day average in that 53 day period. We averaged 209 tests per day in that period as well.

From June 22nd to June 30th we had two days over 10 and less then 20, two days with more then 20 new cases reported. 10.8 avg new cases per day in that 9 day period. In the same 9 day period we averaged 368 tests per day.