Considering a new #3 for a J120. Based on cost, I’m looking at either a Doyle Delta Race or a Quantum MC6500. Anyone have experience with these sails or have a recommendation ?

I have always loved Quantum sails when I have used them. And i am not a fan of Doyle. That's my 2 cents.

I have always loved Horizon Sails now Incorporated into UK Sails. I am not a fan of North Sails. That’s my 3cents worth!

5 hours ago, George Hackett said:

I have always loved Horizon Sails now Incorporated into UK Sails. I am not a fan of North Sails. That’s my 3cents worth!

maybe if adam loory wasn't such a cunt.

9 hours ago, Editor said:

Is that how you really feel? B)     BTW...  Can't Understand Normal Thinking...

20 hours ago, George Hackett said:

North dragon sails were a drama for a period (now it's a bit better). When laying 3 of what should be the same sails over eachother, all would have different lenghts for the luff, foot and leach...

Really love the quality of Fritz sails for the dragon and super service.

21 hours ago, Editor said:

I have always loved Quantum sails when I have used them. And i am not a fan of Doyle. That's my 2 cents.

Aren’t you running North these days?

Ask each sailmaker about their experience with your design.  What is the brand of your mainsail?  Go with the sailmaker that made your main if there is a match.

We just ordered a new light air #1 from Doyle, our 4th sail from Doyle.  We have both racing sails (delta) and cruising sails and the quality and performance are outstanding.  The price is also a huge plus.  Quite a bit less than north and about the same as Ullman.  I have been very happy with the Seattle Lott’s service as well.  Good luck

On 1/25/2020 at 12:22 AM, Editor said:

What's your beef with Adam?

I've never had a bad experience with him and he seems to be well likes on Long Is Sound

I have both Quantum and Doyle. My Quantum sails are far superior. The Doyles look like dog shit after a year or two compared to the fusions.

I raced with all Quantum sails on my Bene 36.7 for years.  When it was time to buy a new #3, I was made aware of a Doyle sailmaker in Boston who had a once-used Doyle #3 and was selling his boat.  I bought his like-new #3 at essentially half price, but regretted it.  It was cut too flat and never had the power of the old Quantum #3. 

(The Doyle sail did have comperable specs to the Quantum Fusion M #3, but I didn't have the boat long enough after that to evaluate the long-term durability of the Doyle sail.   The old Quantum #3 had worked well for 7 years.)

OK, not surprisingly mixed reviews. So I am proposing a one design race, maybe T 10

Benetau 36.7, J120 or whatever. Each boat has their favorite sailmaker for the race,

then they switch sails and crew. Who do you think is going to come out on top!