BravoBravo

Rush Limbaugh

just announced he has been diagnosed with Advanced lung cancer

I wish that on no one. Good luck Rush. 

• Like 3

devil looking for his balance due, eh?

• Like 1

Haughtily chomping on all those cigars now seems in retrospect a bit of a strategic error, but at least he knows where to get the good pain meds.

Schadenfreude is a wonderful thing.

With any luck the world will be a lighter and better place very soon.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

19 minutes ago, Sean said:

I wish that on no one. Good luck Rush. 

Agreed.  I take no delight in anyone having to face cancer.

• Like 3

Rush Limbaugh on Micheal J Fox's Parkinson's Disease:

"He is exaggerating the effects of the disease. He’s moving all around and shaking and it’s purely an act. … This is really shameless of Michael J. Fox. Either he didn’t take his medication or he’s acting".

Rush can take my sympathy and shove it up his ass.

• Like 11

27 minutes ago, BravoBravo said:

I won’t dance on his grave, that is  reserved for trump and Graham and a couple of others but I’m glad his voice will soon be silenced. He’s been singularly responsible for the corrosive divisiveness we’ e seen in this country over the last 3 decades.

No more sex tourism for him.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, benwynn said:

"He is exaggerating the effects of the disease. He’s moving all around and shaking and it’s purely an act. … This is really shameless of Michael J. Fox. Either he didn’t take his medication or he’s acting".

That’s just  a minuscule example of the hate he’s peddled for 30 years

Just now, Fakenews said:

That’s just  a minuscule example of the hate he’s peddled for 30 years

Agreed.  I just thought it was more on point and relevant as it shows his regard for someone else with an illness.

2 minutes ago, benwynn said:

Agreed.  I just thought it was more on point and relevant as it shows his regard for someone else with an illness.

I hadn't heard that - I was a fan of Limbaugh in the 1st couple years of his AM radio show - but, he turned me off right after the feminazi schtick.   I don't wish cancer on anyone - it's a terrible scourge.  Given the crass comment about Micheal J Fox, I can certainly understand anyone's  lack of empathy for his condition. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, BravoBravo said:

why should that matter to anyone except his sheep? you've OD'd on that greasy sumbitch.

“Socks is the White House cat but did you know there’s a White House dog?”  Holds up picture of Chelsea Clinton.

Fuck it I’ll dance on his grave after all.  Best I wish for him is that he dies quickly.

tenor.gif

If he hadn't spent much of his life and made his fortune by teaching people to bullshit and to hate their fellow Americans, I might give a shit. I'll believe it when he croaks. 

• Like 2

Rush has my sympathy and best wishes, everyone facing that terrible diagnosis does.

8 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

“Socks is the White House cat but did you know there’s a White House dog?”  Holds up picture of Chelsea Clinton.

Fuck it I’ll dance on his grave after all.  Best I wish for him is that he dies quickly.

A bit premature, but a reference to Moms Mabley seems to fit.

She once said: “ They say you should only speak good of the dead.  He’s dead, that’s good.”

• Like 1

Sep 24, 2019 · RUSH: All right. Stop the tape. She is saying scientists say secondhand smokingwas worse than directly smoking cigarettes. She's a congresswoman. She's on a stupid committee. She's making policy. She's legislating. This is all about vaping and e-cigarettes, and they're trying to wipe those out. So now, just make up something.

Feb 13, 2017 · RUSH: Now, this is a story from the publication Slate.com, and here’s the headline: “We Used Terrible Science to Justice Smoking Bans.”Secondhand smoke isn’t as bad as we thought, and this ...

Well, he has 30 years of lies and intentionally divisive bullshit to regret, but my guess is he won't regret anything, and he won't see the irony, and be pleased with himself that he was able to help get tRump and the other republican whores into office.  

I'll grant him decent pain meds, but no tears shed.  

Some voices are best silenced.   Its a shame he failed to silence himself through judgement and discipline.    He should have spent his life listening to the echoes of his ignorance in a deep cave, where his negative energy would do no harm.   

RUSH: Some news just in. Supreme Court Justice Ruth “Buzzi” Ginsburg has had lung surgery this morning, cancerous nodules removed. That is the extent of my knowledge now. There’s probably more to it, but I haven’t had a chance to click on any links to get details. It was a short commercial break. Well, it was short in terms of trying to gather information. The media is gonna freak over this. (chuckles) I mean, it’s almost punishment. They’re having trouble dealing with somebody that refuses to simply play by their rules and let them act like they continue to run the town and won.

Such empathy from Rushbo. Fuck him, he worked for decades producing the ghoulish political culture that haunts us now, raking in cash by being the media dick with the megaphone that’d lambast any bit of human empathy expressed for anyone not on the Rush approved list (like McCain).

Rush Limbaugh on the death of Jerry Garcia - “Just another doper and a dirt bag”

Among other things he’s not very self aware.

1 hour ago, atyourcervix said:

lovely.

May he rot in hell along with you.  if it's any condolence, I'm going there too, and probably for the same reason rush is (the lungs, not the devil)

People die.  Some people are assholes.  Disease and death won't change that.  So, even assholes die, sometimes a slow and painful death.  Rush has cancer?  Meh.

• Like 2

Anyone who complains that he spent his radio career dividing the country, should think again before posting something that helps divide the country. Lung cancer is a terrible way to go out.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, badlatitude said:

Anyone who complains that he spent his radio career dividing the country, should think again before posting something that helps divide the country. Lung cancer is a terrible way to go out.

True...if that's what he has, it is a terrible way to go out. 

6 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

Many equally bad maladys out there that kill decent people all the time.  He is a bad human being. Hope he dies quickly.

8 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

I can't wish that horror on anyone.  He does leave a nasty legacy, which history will put in its proper place.

To be clear, I'm not wishing it on him.  I simply don't give a rats ass that he's dealing with it.

• Like 9

Just now, benwynn said:

To be clear, I'm not wishing it on him.  I simply don't give a rats ass that he's dealing with it.

That man is a cancer scar upon the body politic.  I hope he spends eternity with a bunch of leftists who explain his depravity to him.

13 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

. Hope he dies quickly.

Do you though?  I do not.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

My stepfather died of lung cancer. Well, actually he bled to death as one of his lungs exploded. I didn't grieve him(being a spouse and child-abuser),  nor will I grieve Rush.

As evidenced by Ben's post #8, Rush is a despicable human being who found humor in the suffering of another human being.

I don't want to be that type of person by doing that very same thing.

Cancer fucking sucks.

37 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

May he rot in hell along with you.  if it's any condolence, I'm going there too, and probably for the same reason rush is (the lungs, not the devil)

Jack has a special circle of hell waiting for him.

And TP for Rush. Used TP.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

I don't wish cancer on anyone - it's a terrible scourge. 

Indeed. We’ve been dealing with it in the family for a year now. Knock wood, things are looking up now. Lost a sister to it 16 years ago. Cancer sucks. 

I do have to say there are limits to my Christian charity. All bets are off when any Cheney drops, or any Trump besides Barron

3 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

I do have to say there are limits to my Christian charity. All bets are off when any Cheney drops, or any Trump besides Barron

Tiffany seems OK.

• Like 1

K a r m a  it’s real 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fakenews said:

I'd salt his grave if they planted it with grass.

He is a singularly disgusting excuse for a human being.

• Like 2

Rush was always proud about smoking cigars. "I would like a medal for smoking" he said. “Firsthand smoke takes 50 years to kill people, if it does,” he continued. “Not everybody that smokes gets cancer. Now, it’s true that everybody who smokes dies, but so does everyone who eats carrots.”

I want everyone to know that it's in poor taste to be dancing on this man's grave and possible even premature. So today, in his honor, I'm going to eat some carrots

2 hours ago, jerseyguy said:

A bit premature, but a reference to Moms Mabley seems to fit.

She once said: “ They say you should only speak good of the dead.  He’s dead, that’s good.”

I won't be attending his funeral but I approve of it.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Sean said:

Indeed. We’ve been dealing with it in the family for a year now. Knock wood, things are looking up now. Lost a sister to it 16 years ago. Cancer sucks. 

Best wishes.

3 minutes ago, Dog said:

Best wishes.

Thanks Dog. 

2 hours ago, Fakenews said:

Many equally bad maladys out there that kill decent people all the time.  He is a bad human being. Hope he dies quickly.

If only to limit the time the right wing echo chamber has to praise his "talents and importance".

3 hours ago, Dog said:
4 hours ago, Sean said:

Best wishes.

Agree with Dog.  I have watched loved ones face that bitch named Cancer.  It truly does suck.  Best wishes for you and yours.

• Like 1

Didn't he also lose his hearing a few years ago, right after being busted for oxycontin abuse?..... But then his hearing miraculously came back after a few months?

I seriously hope he isn't asking his listeners to donate to his medical fund.

And yes, I have sympathy for a man who has cancer, but Rush Limbaugh has been a cancer on society for so long, that it's hard to feel sorry for him.

If he has stage 4 lung cancer, I hope he gets as much palliative care as needed, and that he goes quickly, and with as little suffering as possible.

6 hours ago, BravoBravo said:

For the last thirty plus years he has been a festering cancer in our media. 
Obviously  God has decided to stop him. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

My condolences to his children.

What about his 3 ex’s. Or his current 4 wife?  

On the brighter side, Rush can now look forward to shedding those extra unwanted pounds.

7 hours ago, Hard On The Wind said:

Rush was always proud about smoking cigars. "I would like a medal for smoking" he said. “Firsthand smoke takes 50 years to kill people, if it does,” he continued. “Not everybody that smokes gets cancer. Now, it’s true that everybody who smokes dies, but so does everyone who eats carrots.”

I want everyone to know that it's in poor taste to be dancing on this man's grave and possible even premature. So today, in his honor, I'm going to eat some carrots

HAHAHAHA... . .    I love all these quotes that show that he wasn't just a stupid piece of shit,  but he was, himself, a cancerous, festering tumor of a piece of shit.

I've had ring-side seats to folks checking out with failing lungs-- both as a student nurse and with family and I can tell you it is one of THE WORST ways to go.

Before his hospice care gets really geared up and puts him in a coma, he can look forward to "air hunger."  FAR FAR worse than pain, it's a perpetual state of anxiety based on lungs failing to get that precious oxygen.  It's not pain, exactly, it's much more implacable and excruciating. 

Poor Rush will look feeble and helpless, and his little pig eyes will be darting back and forth, a plea in their gaze begging the hospice nurse aide that wipes his ass for help-- any kind of help.

Imagine the feeling of choking, and being out of air, but it goes on for months. . . . MONTHS.   Morphine would help, but since the fat slob is a junkie, it will provide him no succor.  Sleep? What sleep when your body is constantly gasping for air?  He'll pass out for a couple of minutes from sheer exhaustion and wake up gasping and stretching out his purple fingers.  Day in--- day out. 

His mouth will gap and open like a guppy on an oak table.  And still, he'll live on.   His fingers and extremities will mottle, then turn purple-- and he'll still have MONTHS to go.   His purple ankles will swell with edema, and keep swelling until the skin splits into sores-- and he'll just have to lay there, silently moving his mouth in a futile effort to get air.    The hospice nurse will sadly shake her head--- morphine would be the go to drug here-- reducing the anxiety of air hunger and giving his lungs some help, but with a junkie-- it's just no use.  

It's the scared, helpless eyes that will bore a hole into his loved ones-- they can tell that the palliative care,  all the interventions,  are useless: he is in a constant, helpless state of silent terror due to lack of air, too weak to move.  And this goes on for months.   

Finally, the hospice nurse will put him in a coma--- the on call doc giving the go-ahead for a stronger IV drip that soothes him, while finally killing him.   

Really? The forums top troll posts an excuse to exhibit the very worst in people and you lot give him satisfaction?

Condolences to anyone that cares. I beleive the man is ostensibly of a religious bent. (or bent by religion? ) He'll have some soul searching to do.

I hope he can make peace with his own conscience and goes out to meet his maker with tranquility.  

1 minute ago, Shortforbob said:

Really? The forums top troll posts an excuse to exhibit the very worst in people and you lot give him satisfaction?

Condolences to anyone that cares. I beleive the man is ostensibly of a religious bent. (or bent by religion? ) He'll have some soul searching to do.

I hope he can make peace with his own conscience and goes out to meet his maker with tranquility.  

The air-hunger will prevent any tranquility, I assure you.  Until the hospice nurse finally puts him under the only emotions he will feel are helplessness, terror, panic and dread. 

2 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

You do realise there are people on this forum reading your informed description of death by lung cancer who are currently nursing loved ones?

I understand your hatred and anger but please

Take it down, NOW.

They should know that unless their loved one is a junkie like Rush, morphine is VERY effective at giving comfort to folks in the state of air hunger. 

Just now, Clove Hitch said:

They should know that unless their loved one is a junkie like Rush, morphine is VERY effective at giving comfort to folks in the state of air hunger. 

I've removed my post and sent you PM. Please?

4 hours ago, Olsonist said:

My condolences to his children.

They've always had my sympathy.

55 minutes ago, Clove Hitch said:

HAHAHAHA... . .    I love all these quotes that show that he wasn't just a stupid piece of shit,  but he was, himself, a cancerous, festering tumor of a piece of shit.

I've had ring-side seats to folks checking out with failing lungs-- both as a student nurse and with family and I can tell you it is one of THE WORST ways to go.

Before his hospice care gets really geared up and puts him in a coma, he can look forward to "air hunger."  FAR FAR worse than pain, it's a perpetual state of anxiety based on lungs failing to get that precious oxygen.  It's not pain, exactly, it's much more implacable and excruciating. 

Poor Rush will look feeble and helpless, and his little pig eyes will be darting back and forth, a plea in their gaze begging the hospice nurse aide that wipes his ass for help-- any kind of help.

Imagine the feeling of choking, and being out of air, but it goes on for months. . . . MONTHS.   Morphine would help, but since the fat slob is a junkie, it will provide him no succor.  Sleep? What sleep when your body is constantly gasping for air?  He'll pass out for a couple of minutes from sheer exhaustion and wake up gasping and stretching out his purple fingers.  Day in--- day out. 

His mouth will gap and open like a guppy on an oak table.  And still, he'll live on.   His fingers and extremities will mottle, then turn purple-- and he'll still have MONTHS to go.   His purple ankles will swell with edema, and keep swelling until the skin splits into sores-- and he'll just have to lay there, silently moving his mouth in a futile effort to get air.    The hospice nurse will sadly shake her head--- morphine would be the go to drug here-- reducing the anxiety of air hunger and giving his lungs some help, but with a junkie-- it's just no use.  

It's the scared, helpless eyes that will bore a hole into his loved ones-- they can tell that the palliative care,  all the interventions,  are useless: he is in a constant, helpless state of silent terror due to lack of air, too weak to move.  And this goes on for months.   

Finally, the hospice nurse will put him in a coma--- the on call doc giving the go-ahead for a stronger IV drip that soothes him, while finally killing him.   

Seems fair after everything he's done to the world. How many lives or careers has he ruined with his lies and distortions?

Scum like him deserve and get no more sympathy from me than someone like Goebbels would.

And I'm perfectly willing to be considered a bad person for thinking that.

16 minutes ago, Dog said:

"Hate destroys the hater" ... MLK

Looks like MLK was right.

15 hours ago, benwynn said:

Fox discussed this in a Stern show appearance. He deliberately refused to take his medicine so that people could see his real condition.

Given that he was there to talk about that condition, I don't see the shamelessness. I see courage.

In other cancer news, my neighbor's best friend is down to 103 lbs (he was a big man) and has now TWICE sent the hospice people away, telling them he's not ready and will let them know when he is. This has been going on for several years, during which time he bought and rehabbed a few boats. I'm considering buying his Grady White, which he's selling at a steal. But he's not planning on dying any time soon so he doesn't want to sell my neighbor the supercharged jet boat yet.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

As opposed to the collection of some of the fine human beings that frequent this forum.

7 hours ago, Clove Hitch said:

I gather he’ll change his mind on patient assisted euthanasia.

17 hours ago, benwynn said:

Years ago I read an book about a man who had a near death experience.  He said that whole "when you die, your life passes before you" is inaccurate.  His description was that you directly experience what it was like for all those you had an effect on.  Punch someone in the face, you feel the punch and everything else that goes with it.  You live what that guy and his loved ones lived.  The author was a first class prick and that experience changed him forever.

If there's any truth to that, when Limbaugh goes through that, he will be experiencing a lot of suffering because he certainly caused a lot of it.

47 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

He has no children

Well not at the moment but he gave no indication that he was unable to take more trips to the DR. 

Rush, you are not my father!

18 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

He is disgusting, but despite all evidence to the contrary he is a human being. Some other people - who also might be complete rubbish - likely care about him. I don't know his family situation, no kids I think but he certainly has some people in his life.

I wouldn't wish lung cancer on the shittiest human being on the planet, and now that a contender for that title has it I'm not going to revel in his suffering and wish worse on him.

Our own ability to feel and experience compassion defines us more than anything, and it's what differentiates us from low men like Rush, Trump, etc.

So while I won't miss his voice and I think silencing him is better for the public discourse and may raise collective IQs by a point or three, I would not wish this sort of suffering on anyone. Even a hypocritical douchehole like Rush.

I won't pray for him, because I don't pray and I don't particular care if he recovers. But I'm not going to wish more misery on him either.

• Like 2

No one in this thread has wished excruciating death on Rush because of his political affiliation.  Are you very bad at reading or just a liar? 

30 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

He is disgusting, but despite all evidence to the contrary he is a human being. Some other people - who also might be complete rubbish - likely care about him. I don't know his family situation, no kids I think but he certainly has some people in his life.

I wouldn't wish lung cancer on the shittiest human being on the planet, and now that a contender for that title has it I'm not going to revel in his suffering and wish worse on him.

Our own ability to feel and experience compassion defines us more than anything, and it's what differentiates us from low men like Rush, Trump, etc.

So while I won't miss his voice and I think silencing him is better for the public discourse and may raise collective IQs by a point or three, I would not wish this sort of suffering on anyone. Even a hypocritical douchehole like Rush.

I won't pray for him, because I don't pray and I don't particular care if he recovers. But I'm not going to wish more misery on him either.

I wouldn't wish it on anyone, but I will shed no tears after his passing. even though he was entertaining. The world will be a better, more honest place after his passing. 

• Like 1

I don't think I would wish lung cancer on anyone unless that person happened to shit on people with cancer and other diseases and stand as a bastion against the science linking cancer and smoking.  

Well now that we have that out of the way, what level of pain and suffering would be appropriate for him?

Congestive heart failure?
Chronic diarrhea?
Constant cold sores?
Being locked in a small room 23 hours per day with Ed Lada? 

How would everyone feel if Debbie Wasserman Schulz came out with a statement she has chronic irritable bowl syndrome?  

Would there even be a thread for it?  Discuss! 

7 minutes ago, Cristoforo said:

Well now that we have that out of the way, what level of pain and suffering would be appropriate for him?

Congestive heart failure?
Chronic diarrhea?
Constant cold sores?
Being locked in a small room 23 hours per day with Ed Lada? 

How would everyone feel if Debbie Wasserman Schulz came out with a statement she has chronic irritable bowl syndrome?  

Would there even be a thread for it?  Discuss! 

Given his hatred of "science" - I think a treatment program of leeches, maybe some blood letting for good measure, and some nasty chinese herbs would be about right.  I'm sure that's what he's requiring his Drs do, right?  I mean, it's good enough for the rest of the US.

“The four corners of deceit: government, academia, science and media. Those institutions are now corrupt and exist by virtue of deceit. That's how they promulgate themselves; it is how they prosper.” 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Cristoforo said:

Chronic diarrhea?

I wish that on certain people here already

1 minute ago, dacapo said:

I wish that on certain people here already

Would BJ pray for his son if he had lung cancer?   Discuss! 

1 minute ago, Cristoforo said:

i would

Karma is a bitch as is Rush.  Want some early background on him? Read Al Franken's book. Gems like when he said Chelsea Clinton was the whitehouse dog.  I would be happy to loan my copy except I loaned it to a friend before I found out he had become a RW nutter and loved Rush. I never got it back.

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

59 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

No one in this thread has wished excruciating death on Rush because of his political affiliation.  Are you very bad at reading or just a liar? 

They aren't mutually exclusive.

9 minutes ago, Cristoforo said:

I lost a niece and a nephew to cancer in the same year. They and their parents were/parents still are very religious.

Can't say I prayed once. 

My dad's health is such that he has a bit of time left. He's strongly catholic. I encourage the priest to visit on a regular basis. But I don't pray.

30 minutes ago, Cristoforo said:

As soon as the sky fairies start actually fixing things instead of posing for renaissance artists, we all will.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

As soon as the sky fairies start actually fixing things instead of posing for renaissance artists, we all will.

GLORY!

32 minutes ago, Cristoforo said:

He's a staunch athiest, so no......

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, shaggy said:

He's a staunch athiest, so no......

So no prayers...but thoughts?  Think good thoughts! 

7 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

Looks like MLK was right.

Dog, like the most of the elk is unable to distinguish between hate and contempt.

"Despise" is a stronger word than "hate". ... In other words, when you hate someone, you dislike the individual intensely, but when you "despise" him, you not only dislike him, but you also look down on him.

1 hour ago, Ishmael said:

They aren't mutually exclusive.

In fact they seem to be closely associated.

1 hour ago, Cristoforo said:

What would be the point of that?  And to whom or what?  

Have you ever seen "Sending thoughts and prayers" achieve anything except a bit of self-satisfaction for the "sender"?

A whole lot of better things to do.