sailswag

Best knee pads for bowperson?

Got these last summer and was quite pleased with them. (Amazon link was ridiculous so that's a hyperlink) Inexpensive enough that I wouldn't be upset if they didn't hold up to the non-skid but they performed well. Learned they stay in place better under rather than over compression pants if you are wearing those. I would definitely buy them again.

Thanks.

Mark

Musto D30

They aren't really "soft" so may not be perfect if you're looking for that. But, they also aren't really absorbent so don't stink (as much). I've found they stay in place pretty well and like how they don't have any velcro to fiddle with or come undone.

I picked up a pair of $15 volleyball pads, Nike, figuring they would do until I could get some proper gear. That was 7 years ago, still haven't got proper gear.

stay on your feet.

I can't think of a manoeuvre that's done best on the knees, what am I missing (apart from fellating someone) ?

Its either standing, crouching, or sitting on your bum.  

7 hours ago, duncan (the other one) said:

can't think of a manoeuvre that's done best on the knees, 

I prefer to urinate kneeling... and lot of foredeck work i find my self on my knees.

Good point... There are a couple of things, but not round the cans... Futzing with jib tacks and having a slash in a seaway offshore.

Still struggle to see the need for knee pads, as both of these operations offshore, you're generally wearing pants, or conditions are benign

10 minutes ago, duncan (the other one) said:

Still struggle to see the need for knee pads

Spinlock find it is a market, even if you are not convinced... for you ‘best knee pads’ are no knee pads. No problem with that.

In the Winter I sometimes wear soccer keeper pants as a mid layer (I sail a sportier boat than my avitar) under wind or foul weather gear. A little padding and I can still wear them as pants on the way home.

Knee pads are for the boat yard, IME. But I've worn them on the boat (history of knee injuries, including a broken knee cap, which can be a little tender).