Anyone here got any knowledge on Chile?

Am looking for visa info for Brits, marina prices around Puert Montt, regulations on pet imports and any general info on Puert Montt.

Thanks geysers n ladies.

Tricia xxx

3 hours ago, triciarob said:

Am looking for visa info for Brits, marina prices around Puert Montt, regulations on pet imports and any general info on Puert Montt.

Thanks geysers n ladies.

Tricia xxx

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/chile

Here's a good start.

9 hours ago, triciarob said:

Thanks geysers n ladies.

Tricia xxx

Not sure about pet imports into Chile but I don't think rules are too onerous.

UK passports... and most others .... 90 days on arrival which can be extended... in Montt... for another 90... no need to go to Argentina to reset the clock.

Boat gets 12 months which can be extended another12 months.

Three marinas in  Montt... Club Nautico de Reloncavi is the one most used by cruisers... travelift, cheaper on the hardstand, getting very busy... check the GE photos from today and from 2004....... to much money coming down from Santiago.

Good town for marine services, storing, most everything.... fastest growing municipality in Chile... bit rough round the edges.

Marina rates are reasonable.... don't have paperwork to hand just now... will have to check my amex statements.

Mas aqui....

http://www.cruiserswiki.org/wiki/Puerto_Montt

http://www.cruiserswiki.org/wiki/Chile

A note...

That is designed to be used alongside the 'Italian Book', the RCC guide, Admiralty Pilot etc....

Currently working on adding photos of all the anchorages which will make it a little less dry but that may take time....

Anyone seen the OP? 

Oh wow Cisco, that's fab! Thank you sooo much.

Loads of useful info, here.

Tricia xxx

Chile is a nice place, lots of marinas but don’t expect cheap.

Here’s a website that might be of help.

www.allchile.net 

Word to the wise, the admin on that site is all about self promotion of his wife’s legal services 

52 minutes ago, Sea warrior said:

Chile is a nice place, lots of marinas but don’t expect cheap.

Here’s a website that might be of help.

www.allchile.net 

Word to the wise, the admin on that site is all about self promotion of his wife’s legal services 

and he has a profound dislike for Puerto Montt....

The marinas around Valpo / Vina del Mar are off the scale expensive.... down south not so much... with the one in Puyuhuapi being a notable exception... $CH36,000 a day back in 17...eeek!!!.

In Valdivia in October I was paying $CP12500 a day casual rate for a sub 12 metre boat... Williams in 2018 was I think $CP8000.....

Must ask my man in Montt what current rates are there.....

You all are great. Thank you.

Have spent centuries (possible exaggeration, but not by much), looking for info on taking the cat in. I believe I need an import permit and a vet certificate, however I have looked and googled, but obviously not in the correct places. A few months ago I DID find a form, in Spanish, but can't for the life of me find it now. I have no memory of where/how I found it, so will just keep searching till it pops up again.

The allchile.net forum did have a long to sag.gob.cl but that comes up as 'Página no encontrada'.

I'll keep trying.

Thanks again for the info.

Tricia xxx

Cats....

http://chile.alloexpat.com/chile_information/pets_to_bring_into_chile.php

Should be simple if coming from NZ.

Not least because of length of voyage getting there.

Also .. Australia, NZ and Chile are much of a muchness as far as quarantine is concerned... all three are pretty much disease free.. no foot and mouth etc....

All three are well isolated from their neighbours.. AU and NZ by sea... Chile by the Pacific to the west, the Andes to the east , the Atacama to the north and ice and snow to the south.

Be aware of the SAG rules re yacht quarantine ... 48 hours notice and on arrival much the same as NZ and Oz... not that you will have much fresh stuff after 40 days at sea..

Met an Oz yacht with cats some years ago.. they didn't mention any dramas.

Things are rather quiet down on the campo ahora...

'We decided to move back to Chile by March 2019, ....
The documents needed to bring our cat from Brazil to Chile were:
- A vet health certificate stating that the cat was healthy and fit to travel. This needed to be from a Brazilian veterinary.
- Up-to-date rabies vaccine (or rabbies vaccine blood test, which was needed to get her to Portugal in the first place);
- An export permit from the Brazilian agricultural service. There's a standard for each country, and the officer has it available. The Brazilian agricultural office usually takes a few days to prepare this, so plan accordingly.

The actual trip was very uneventful. This wasn't Bisteca's first flight, and she slept through both of them. We arrived in São Paulo on a Friday, spent a week there, got her new documents and then flew to Chile. Her papers were inspected both in Brazil and on Chile, and she was released to go with us without any further hiccups. We didn't pay any import fees on either country.'

That is from here.. so is recent info..

https://www.allchile.net/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=17286

Cisco you are a star!

That is exactly what I was looking for. Now you are my most favourite person ever.

Tricia xxx

On 2/9/2020 at 8:00 PM, Cisco said:

and he has a profound dislike for Puerto Montt....

I’ve been to Puerto Montt and I can’t say I blame him. :-)

14 hours ago, Sea warrior said:

I’ve been to Puerto Montt and I can’t say I blame him. :-)

Puerto Montt itself is not that interesting, no tourist place, but it's convenient, everything you need is there and if you stay on a yacht overthere it's quite ok ... and if you keep Cisco topped up with cerveza and vino and the odd pisco sour then it's effin' great.

There also used to be a bloody good steak restaurant run by a south african sailor, apart from a Wagyu in Tokyo (thank god the tab was not for me) the steak we had in Puerto Montt was best ever. Thanks again Cisco ;)

G'day Alby..Jeremy packed up his family and went back to SA a few years ago... restaurant still has the same chef.. but not quite the same.

Been discovering plenty of other top restaurants...

Bumped into Carlos in Valdivia in Sept and enjoyed his hospitality - again - when we were in Anto.

All cities are fundamentaly  shite... you just have to find the nice bits...  

On 2/7/2020 at 2:46 PM, Cisco said:

This is a bit of a 'work in progress'

Something strange going on with dropbox... links used to last forever.. now says just 6 days.. so be quick

https://www.dropbox.com/transfer/AAAAAKhIGwwnUVMrODaq-qEiyzTADl_P9eHE6K-JzArzIPlbAbEGUnk

Work in progress?  But brilliant!  Many thanks indeed for sharing this Cisco.  Saved for later - I will make it down there one day.  Shall we nickname it the Australian Guide? :-) )

(I’d love to round the Horn the real way, 50S to 50S, but the reality is it’ll probably end up being via one of the nearby anchorages...)