Sign in to follow this  
Rasputin22

Nautical Decor

I just posted the Runabout Old Farts Walker in another thread. Clean asked where I found that pic and I came across some interesting ideas that I thought would be a good topic. What have you seen for using nautical accessories in an architectural application?

86f59072690e5e4ee3fa98d876ebaa34.jpg 

• Like 1

The Encinal YC in Alameda CA re-did their bar a few years ago.  A most hospitable Club.

Image result for encinal yc bar

I had an old Folboat skin on frame kayak that was beyond repair. I pulled the skin off of it exposing the aged and patina'ed wooden frame underneath. I listed it on CL for $200 as a decorative item and got blown up. I think I could have gotten more, but there was designer there in like an hour with the money. It wound up hanging in someone's ski chalet in Crested Butte. I've got another one of these that I'm keeping to eventually hang in my next house assuming I have the right space for it. 

20 hours ago, Rasputin22 said:

I just posted the Runabout Old Farts Walker in another thread. Clean asked where I found that pic and I came across some interesting ideas that I thought would be a good topic. What have you seen for using nautical accessories in an architectural application?

86f59072690e5e4ee3fa98d876ebaa34.jpg 

Nice

This boat is mounted on the ceiling creating a great loft for the kids bedroom.

3e595baf27039969c2078b16db0c70db.jpg

cool office.

Man cave made from boat parts  #diy #salvage #boats #idea #repurposed #boat #transform #transformation #mancave #bar #seating #salvageboats #auction

Vineyard Vines store,  Palm Beach. Stern of a sport fishing boat in the store. Is it tacky that I want this in my house?? Perhaps.

Basement Design Ideas, Pictures, Remodels and Decor

......beats the hell out of my cheesy lighthouse and anchors:wacko:

A mates Dad used to make these, but he passed a while back.

Image result for dorry rocker

• Like 1

Dang, where's the house listing from up in Vancouver that had the sailboat hanging from the rafters inside?

There was a thread about it but I couldn't figure out the verbage for the search feature to find it.

I think this is the one I remember, I can't find the thread though. 

krbp4gn467w11.jpg

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, hobot said:

Dang, where's the house listing from up in Vancouver that had the sailboat hanging from the rafters inside?

There was a thread about it but I couldn't figure out the verbage for the search feature to find it.

I juste respondide to thet threade in SA.

1 hour ago, billy backstay said:

A mates Dad used to make these, but he passed a while back.

Image result for dorry rocker

There's a poster here that made something similar for a grandchild I think, can't for the life if me remember who. 

2 minutes ago, chester said:

it was Point Break I think, although there might be others

Yep.......here it is as an encore..........:lol:

7A4D8004-13DF-4882-A735-522D621B8975.jpeg

• Like 4

nice.  if the kids have out grown are you ever tempted to you know see if it floats?  :P

43 minutes ago, chester said:

nice.  if the kids have out grown are you ever tempted to you know see if it floats?  :P

:lol:

I think it might............it has been through a number of iterations as the grandchild I built it for has grown older. Took the rockers off and it became a toy box. If it survives that I am planning to stand it on the stern, put in a few shelves and it becomes a small bookshelf. 

4 hours ago, bowman81 said:

I think this is the one I remember, I can't find the thread though. 

krbp4gn467w11.jpg

I think that one wins the thread. :D

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, bmiller said:

This is all I got.

100_7202-XL.jpg

I try not to be.  

(Well done, by the way.)

1 hour ago, bmiller said:

This is all I got.

100_7202-XL.jpg

Simple...........understated............WFD.

Hey, I get to contribute something. I made this winter before last for my first grandchild. I put a lot of work into this, much more than I thought when I started. I remembered this from Wooden Boat magazine from maybe 30 years ago, Eastport pram. Even had the stern gold leafed with the name of my first real boat, a Graves built wooden Snipe, that I had when my son was born. It’s second cargo is due in Aug. I’m going to have a brass or bronze plaque made listing the passengers, this boat will be around a good long while.

3E063560-66F9-42DC-9255-18368FC50ABF.png

D6377DA9-4E4C-4BBC-BAF8-BEABC28177ED.jpeg

• Like 4

11 hours ago, bmiller said:

This is all I got.

100_7202-XL.jpg

Damn - I was sure that was going to spell out "show us your tits".

I have been debating on building a crib for our younger kids using an old optimist.  I also have an old ships wheel I am planning on turning iinto a glass top coffee table someday.

On 2/13/2020 at 7:23 PM, DrewR said:

Hey, I get to contribute something. I made this winter before last for my first grandchild. I put a lot of work into this, much more than I thought when I started. I remembered this from Wooden Boat magazine from maybe 30 years ago, Eastport pram. Even had the stern gold leafed with the name of my first real boat, a Graves built wooden Snipe, that I had when my son was born. It’s second cargo is due in Aug. I’m going to have a brass or bronze plaque made listing the passengers, this boat will be around a good long while.

3E063560-66F9-42DC-9255-18368FC50ABF.png

D6377DA9-4E4C-4BBC-BAF8-BEABC28177ED.jpeg

Beautiful  work

Please tell me you didn’t misspell Scott ;)

2 hours ago, Rasputin22 said:

Take the concept outside!

Ship House in Waterford, Connecticut

Fucking love it.  I'm showing it to the bowgirl as an idea for our next house.

19 hours ago, pbd said:

Beautiful  work

Please tell me you didn’t misspell Scott ;)

Nope, Scoot was the name.

On 3/2/2020 at 12:21 PM, Rasputin22 said:

Home bar that looked like a boat transom - The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum

Greate idea!  I juste happend to halve oune to.                                      :)

On 3/2/2020 at 11:21 AM, Rasputin22 said:

Home bar that looked like a boat transom - The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum

Thats genius.  I'm stealing these ideas for when we build a house someday.

There are some excellent ideas here for re-purposing nautical left-overs.  I have converted a total of three old cedar strip canoes into shelves (clean up, cut in half, stand up, insert shelves, put in lights). 

The trick is finding nautical stuff that is in bad enough condition that it can be had for cheap but not so bad it looks awful.  It's a fine line.    

I think I just found the basis for my next hanging bed to put out on my front porch looking out over the bayou.

61ebdd8adc1f0363ce7926a43a371f69.jpg

And look! It even comes with my interior decorator...

28 minutes ago, Rasputin22 said:

61ebdd8adc1f0363ce7926a43a371f69.jpg

And look! It even comes with my interior decorator...

I woude of thouht youde be herre I.D. and painte evreythinge white.                                     :)