Sign in to follow this  
Fakenews

Bloomberg thread

Think he deserves his own thread as it’s highly likely he’ll be the Dem nominee. One reason? He alone among the field is capable of getting under Trumps skin and humiliating him.

Todays example?

Trump is a “carnival barking clown and “behind your back, they laugh at you”  

https://www.mediaite.com/trump/trump-obsesses-over-loser-mike-bloomberg-54-mass-of-dead-energy/

His "Who's the other one" comment was probably the best zinger anyone got off at Trump so far.

He could expand on it as well - "You voted for a billionaire to be President - do you want a real billionaire"?

Or "Donald claims to be self made - well I didn't inherit $100,000,000 and I really AM a billionaire".

Comments like that would be guaranteed to make Trump lose his shit.

22 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

His "Who's the other one" comment was probably the best zinger anyone got off at Trump so far.

He could expand on it as well - "You voted for a billionaire to be President - do you want a real billionaire"?

Or "Donald claims to be self made - well I didn't inherit $100,000,000 and I really AM a billionaire".

Comments like that would be guaranteed to make Trump lose his shit.

All sorts of zingers that could be used on the self-made claim

not a good craftsman

why did you make yourself like that

its a good thing you didn’t pay that craftsman

whatever you paid you got taken

and in and on

im sure Trump will make a comment about Bloomberg’s stature vs his own alleged 6’3”.  Mike’s writers need to have a killer comment ready

36 minutes ago, jerseyguy said:

not a good craftsman

and in and on

im sure Trump will make a comment about Bloomberg’s stature vs his own alleged 6’3”.  Mike’s writers need to have a killer comment ready

“Is that measured when you’re wearing lifts?”

Just now, Fakenews said:

That will work

Maybe a reference to Mike’s wealth.  When I stand on top of my money I’m 7’4”.  You? 5’8”.

I created 500,000 jobs in NYC.  You put your name on a building.

3 hours ago, jerseyguy said:
3 hours ago, Fakenews said:

That will work

Maybe a reference to Mike’s wealth.  When I stand on top of my money I’m 7’4”.  You? 5’8”.

I created 500,000 jobs in NYC.  You stiffed the guys who put your name on a building.

Suggested added words.

Brevity is good, but giving it a little wind-up for more sting might also work

- DSK

1 minute ago, Steam Flyer said:

Suggested added words.

Brevity is good, but giving it a little wind-up for more sting might also work

- DSK

Edit gratefully accepted

5 hours ago, Fakenews said:

Think he deserves his own thread as it’s highly likely he’ll be the Dem nominee. One reason? He alone among the field is capable of getting under Trumps skin and humiliating him.

Todays example?

Trump is a “carnival barking clown and “behind your back, they laugh at you”  

https://www.mediaite.com/trump/trump-obsesses-over-loser-mike-bloomberg-54-mass-of-dead-energy/

The “party of the people” running an oligarch for president...Strange days.

17 minutes ago, Dog said:

The only way to stop a bad oligarch with the presidency is a good oligarch with the presidency.

27 minutes ago, Dog said:

Not one but two...  Tom Steyer...  but I will say as much as I don't agree with his politics, at least he walks the talk...  he done some pretty impressive stuff.

21 minutes ago, nacradriver said:

Not one but two...  Tom Steyer...  but I will say as much as I don't agree with his politics, at least he walks the talk...  he done some pretty impressive stuff.

So, I take it that one reason why you might consider Trump is that he's "a successful businessman" but you would not consider voting for a Bloomberg-Steyer ticket?

- DSK

59 minutes ago, Dog said:

He’s given over $8 billion to charity. Another stark contrast with your “billionaire” hero.
I have zero problem with the prospect of Bloomberg in the White House. it would be refreshing to have a President who doesn’t lie and cheat on a daily basis. 

https://www.insidephilanthropy.com/home/2019/11/25/the-bloomberg-philanthropy-files-what-we-can-learn-from-his-8-billion-in-giving

Bloomberg inherited a $4 billion budget deficit in NYC (Approx $75B total budget). 

He turned that into a $3B surplus, large part due to a progressive tax  he imposed on the RICH.

Or focus on his height, and party switching 

Discuss 

4 hours ago, Dog said:

If he still had an R after his name you’d be on your knees.

Hes not my favorite, but “flaming liberal” I am, I’d vote for him over your boy Shitstain any Tuesday and twice in Chicago 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Cristoforo said:

focus on his height, and party switching

Stick to the important stuff that most people will make their decision on.

4 hours ago, Dog said:

Their poster boy is FDR. Hardly a pauper. 

Or JFK 

FDR was a lot more than just rich.

He was a true old time aristocrat - the kind you don't hardly see no more.

1 hour ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

If he still had an R after his name you’d be on your knees.

Hes not my favorite, but “flaming liberal” I am, I’d vote for him over your boy Shitstain any Tuesday and twice in Chicago 

vote early and often but easy on the cooing MJ

1 hour ago, Fakenews said:

National Poll.

Not a thing.  Please don't link them.

32 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

Please don't link them.

Or capitalize "national poll".

Lends too much credence to nations and polls. :lol:

On 11/16/2019 at 5:24 AM, Plenipotentiary Tom said:

Two-thirds of Americans support marijuana legalization

The accompanying chart shows the trend has been going on a lot longer.

marijuana01.jpg?resize=623,1024

I was part of that 16% in the late 1980's. Being shouted down by a vocal majority of prohibition proponents didn't change my mind then. Maybe it will start working one day...

The stupid drug war remains mostly a TeamR project.

marijuana02.jpg?resize=640,1263

Is it wrong to point that out?

I hope TeamD nominates one of the several candidates from the 78% above and not 20%'er Bloomberg.

bloomberg.jpg

20 minutes ago, Sean said:

The average height for men in the US is 5’9”. Bloomberg is 5’8”. 
https://www.healthline.com/health/average-height-for-men#u.s.-height

he is listed in places as 5'8 but in reality is more like 5'6" 
he was never 5'8 and dont forget he is 78 yrs old  so shrinkage 

not that it matters 

32 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

Houston’s Black mayor just endorsed Bloomberg.  That’s big for the campaign.

You mean the one who called the drug warriors now facing murder charges "heroes"?

Not surprising. Pretty much any behavior in the service of a sacred prohibition program is acceptable.

23 minutes ago, Cristoforo said:
46 minutes ago, Sean said:

The average height for men in the US is 5’9”. Bloomberg is 5’8”. 
https://www.healthline.com/health/average-height-for-men#u.s.-height

he is listed in places as 5'8 but in reality is more like 5'6" 
he was never 5'8 and dont forget he is 78 yrs old  so shrinkage 

not that it matters 

It is easy to google up some photos of Bloomberg standing next to Trump. He is shorter but not by that much.

And he has a chin, not wattles

I know which one I'd pick

- DSK

On 2/13/2020 at 10:35 AM, jerseyguy said:

not a good craftsman

and in and on

"He's 6' 3"?  I wouldn't have guessed it by his hands."

"Huh.  I guess that's including 6 inches for his hair?"

I don't think Bloomberg will win the D nomination, but if he does I will once again be voting for a 3rd party candidate. There is zero chance I will vote for what amounts to just a smarter version of Trump, someone who is racist, misogynistic, narcissistic, and believes that money = success. Why any dem would support this creep at this point is beyond me. There are some good candidates to choose from, any one of which would beat Trump, and none of which are the creeps that Bloomberg is. 

• Like 2

I don't have a massive problem with Blooms except for his gun grabbiness policies.  That alone will likely make him DOA in a national election.  If you want to energize the GOP base, that would be one to do it.

But aside from gunz, I don't see him winning either the D nom or the general.  Yes, it would be amusing to see him get under trump's skin and from a circus standpoint, the debate's would be epic seeing two NYC old white guys debate each other on national TV.  But I think Blooms has too many skeletons in his closet.  Stop & frisk, red lining, etc. that are going to come back to haunt him on the campaign trail.  

What I'm curious about is why all of a sudden are you guys abandoning your boy Bernie - a true revolutionary man of the people - and throwing in with another old white guy billionaire oligarch?  

This ^^ is why trumples will be reelected is because you bunch of clowns can't make up your minds and pick a horse and stick with it.  It's like you all WANT another 4 years of Il Cheetolini.  YCMTSU.  

Personally, I would vote for Blooms if it were not for his blatant gun grabbiness.  That's a show stopper for me obviously.  But I don't have a huge issue with most of his other stuff.  I'm actually a fan of S&F.  If it gets illegal guns out of bad people's hands - then that's a good thing.  If a few people get thrown up against a wall in the process....  meh.  

On 2/13/2020 at 11:15 AM, jerseyguy said:
On 2/13/2020 at 11:12 AM, Fakenews said:

That will work

Bloomberg: Where I come from we measure height from the neck up.

30 minutes ago, LenP said:

Why any dem would support this creep at this point is beyond me.

Because Bernie is a communist and Bloomberg can support the DNC all by himself.  Follow the money.

Presidential candidate Mike Bloomberg is creating a team of fundraising experts to recruit wealthy donors. But he doesn’t want their money. He wants them to act as surrogates for his campaign.

The goal for the program, as explained to CNBC, is to create a “loyalty group” for Bloomberg’s campaign, according to one of the organizers. This person said that they are “raising people” instead of raising money.

Many of their targets are backing other candidates, but Bloomberg’s move could potentially put pressure on the donors to withhold funds from other contenders.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/01/17/bloomberg-makes-push-to-recruit-wealthy-donors-but-not-to-take-their-money.html

Sort of like, don't give me your money but don't give it to the other candidates either.

43 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:

I'm actually a fan of S&F.  If it gets illegal guns out of bad people's hands - then that's a good thing.  If a few people get thrown up against a wall in the process....  meh.  

But what if the data show that it had no real effect on crime? Sacrificing fourth amendment rights for no public safety benefit that can be detected seems very foolish to me.

49 minutes ago, LenP said:

Why any dem would support this creep at this point is beyond me.

Because he released his taxes? Oh, wait, no, that's not it.

20 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

So, I take it that one reason why you might consider Trump is that he's "a successful businessman" but you would not consider voting for a Bloomberg-Steyer ticket?

- DSK

Nope niether of them....    I'll go with the libertarian candidate regardless of how bat chit crazy they me be.  what I pay attention to on the General Erection (yes that is correct) Ballot is what is going on in my back yard with regards to the propositions and local politicians...

1 minute ago, nacradriver said:

Nope niether of them....    I'll go with the libertarian candidate regardless of how bat chit crazy they me be.  what I pay attention to on the General Erection (yes that is correct) Ballot is what is going on in my back yard with regards to the propositions and local politicians...

Doesn't get as much attention but local politics is actually more important.

Personally I think the sheriff and the school board are the two most important elections, and only a tiny number of people vote in these

- DSK

8 hours ago, nacradriver said:

So essentially you plan to vote for Trump while being able to say "Don't look at me - I didn't vote for him".

35 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:
9 hours ago, nacradriver said:

So essentially you plan to vote for Trump while being able to say "Don't look at me - I didn't vote for him".

I used to like a lot of Libertarian rhetoric. But I also noticed that the few Libertarians who actually manage to get elected are utterly useless, arguing endlessly about philosophical points and making utterly impractical proposals... then you've got Rand Paul who is basically using a Libertarian front to be a Trump-enabling fascist tool.

- DSK

• Like 1

I never read or heard any Libertarian rhetoric that passed even a cursory examination once I was older than 16 or so.

It is the very definition of "juvenile".

9 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

I never read or heard any Libertarian rhetoric that passed even a cursory examination once I was older than 16 or so.

It is the very definition of "juvenile".

There was always that very smart but also borderline retarded kid who walked around with a dog eared copy of The Fountainhead, and thought it actually said something useful.

Ayn Rand is the ultimate litmus test: Are you smart, or have you just spend a lot of time practicing sounding smart?

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

There was always that very smart but also borderline retarded kid who walked around with a dog eared copy of The Fountainhead, and thought it actually said something useful.

Ayn Rand is the ultimate litmus test: Are you smart, or have you just spend a lot of time practicing sounding smart?

Yep, I read some Ayn Rand books at age 11 or 12 and thought they were awesome... although even then I realized they were fiction. Went to re-read them at 16 or so and realized how shallow and self-aggrandized they are.

It was a surprise to me that Alan Greenspan was an Ayn Rand fan. No surprise that former Speaker Paul Ryan is.

I also read Ron Paul's book on macroeconomics, largely focused on the evils of the Fed... which he doesn't actually know what it does...

- DSK

I sure wish some of you wise ones would drop by the asset forfeiture thread and explain to this juvenile simpleton why conviction before confiscation is worse than the Duopoly way of charging property with a crime and taking it regardless of individual guilt.

Or maybe drop by the Kelo thread and explain why taking private property for Pfizer use is taking property for public use.

Best of all, and appropriate to this thread, drop by the drug war thread and explain why Bloomberg is right and libertarians are wrong on legalizing cannabis.

Bloomberg surges to 19% will make Nevada debate stage.

Things are coming together for Bloomberg as black leaders across the country have been throwing their support behind him.  He will get almost all of Biden’s base,  most of Klobuchar’s and Major Pete’s.  

Bernie will have a hard 35% ceiling. 

https://www.mediaite.com/election-2020/mike-bloomberg-will-finally-hit-the-debate-stage-after-qualifying-in-nevada-right-before-the-deadline/

I understand the reluctance by some to get behind another Billionaire POTUS but I believe he is exactly what we need in this moment. Smart, proven competence,, a moral person, not a crook or a sociopath, does not abuse drugs and does not have dementia.

Hell be a one term president and will have a great surrounding team with an excellent VP.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

Makes me wish Cory Booker would be on the stage too.

On 11/21/2019 at 5:10 AM, Plenipotentiary Tom said:

Cory Booker gave the rusty weather vane a shove

https://reason.com/2019/11/20/cory-booker-just-crushed-joe-biden-over-his-tepid-support-for-marijuana-legalization/

It came during a segment of the debate focused on how the various Democratic candidates could best appeal to African-American voters—a demographic that figures to be critical for Biden, particularly in the early primary in South Carolina.

Booker argued that Biden's tepid stance on marijuana should be disqualifying. Calling the war on drugs "a war on black and brown people," the New Jersey senator pivoted to criticize candidates who have not experienced first hand the devastating consequences of the drug war.

"There are people in Congress right now that admit to smoking marijuana, while our kids are in jail for those drug crimes," Booker said to widespread applause from the Atlanta crowd. For Booker, it was yet another strong debate moment—though good performances in past debates have not helped him rise in the polls.

10 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

Hell be a one term president and will have a great surrounding team with an excellent VP.  

my hope is he wins the nomination and has Klobuchar or Buttigeig as VP.

18 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

I understand the reluctance by some to get behind another Billionaire POTUS but I believe he is exactly what we need in this moment. Smart, proven competence,, a moral person, not a crook or a sociopath, does not abuse drugs and does not have dementia.

So he's better than Trump.  Not a high bar. 

Will he bring back the middle class?
Will he rescind the windfall tax cut for the rich?
Will he work to shrink the ever growing wealth gap in America?
Will he work to get the influence of money out of politics?

I don't see him as being a bottom 90% kind of guy.  I'd say not a whole lot will change under his administration, outside of getting the nut case out of the White House.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Plenipotentiary Tom said:

Makes me wish Cory Booker would be on the stage too.

Tom and race relations. He has to rub on the open wound.

You crack me up, Tom. Your racial understanding has  now expanded beyond guns. You are using the  “stupid drug war,” a lot, in the same way you use Taney— to come up short, to block out the discussion of the key matters.

DUMB IT DOWN MORE DOGBALLZ  You have only pivoted to more sophisticated race-baiting.

26 minutes ago, Jules said:

I don't see him as being a bottom 90% kind of guy.  I'd say not a whole lot will change under his administration, outside of getting the nut case out of the White House.

If that’s all he did, he’d be a success.  However, I expect much more from him based on his record of personal success and as mayor of NYC.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Jules said:

IMHO Bloomberg is likely to have all the "rich asshole" baggage that -any- multi bazillionaire would have. Possibly less than most, but that's the world they live in, surrounded by hangers-on and sycophants and people hoping to make money off the media surrounding him, etc etc. Shucks, if -I- had worked so diligently to make money money money and ended up as a bazillionaire these days, what kind of asshole would -I- be? I sure wouldn't be a beloved retired sailing coach

OTOH how did he make his money? What can be determined about his real-life actions? Bloomberg really was Mayor of NYC and did a pretty good job. Not perfect, but the lives of the average people there improved because of his leadership. He is a relatively honest and capable guy. He really has donated a lot to charity.

Worst case I see, not only is Trump and his minions gone but the Federal gov't get back to the job of working for the citizens benefit... cleaner air and water being a major MAJOR benefit, among many others.

All that aside, I'm not a big Bloomberg fan. I still have a couple weeks to decide who my primary vote is going for, and he's somewhere around half way up the list.

- DSK

I could live with Bloomie, while rueing the arrival of any oligarch. The poor don’t need to get any poorer IMO. There is some depth to the evidence that he was tone-deaf on race.  (Per Joy Reed interview)

MB has a heart. Our Mr. Bloomberg did a lone ranger job on the NRA, by supporting The Trace; and ten lawsuits, plus  a few internal cross-lawsuits, soon resulted.The exposure of corruption and graft was the result. The loss of the Org’s non - profit status may be another result.

Bloomberg made a compassionate difference. And he has apology skilz too. And he can handle the Trump elk.

47 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

IMHO Bloomberg is likely to have all the "rich asshole" baggage that -any- multi bazillionaire would have.

We may find out, if he releases his tax returns.

Remember when it was bad to refuse to release them?

1 hour ago, Jules said:

why is he not asking for donations?   to get influence of money out of politics

2 hours ago, Fakenews said:

he is exactly what we need in this moment. Smart, proven competence,, a moral person, not a crook or a sociopath, does not abuse drugs and does not have dementia.

But can he grab a pussy?

45 minutes ago, dacapo said:
2 hours ago, Jules said:

Sorry Cap - from where I'm sitting?  It seems like he's asking for help in spreading that influence.  If you think differently, I'd like to hear why. 

1 hour ago, dacapo said:
3 hours ago, Jules said:

Using his personal fortunes to buy his way into the White House is the very definition of influencing politics with money.  One person's money.  Not millions of voters.  Just one voter.  Bloomberg is showing just how powerful one person's fortune can be.

• Like 2

I hope to God, Bernie, Biden, and Bloomberg come out and state that theirs is a one-term presidency. I can't imagine many people wanting an 87-year-old president in a second term.

2 hours ago, badlatitude said:

I hope to God, Bernie, Biden, and Bloomberg come out and state that theirs is a one-term presidency. I can't imagine many people wanting an 87-year-old president in a second term.

Not gonna happen.  It would kill the momentum, for those who have it. 

54 minutes ago, Jules said:

Not gonna happen.  It would kill the momentum, for those who have it. 

I am sure they wouldn't voluntarily step down, big egos and all. The electorate is who will decide enough is enough.

12 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

I am sure they wouldn't voluntarily step down, big egos and all. The electorate is who will decide enough is enough.

As far as egos, Bloomberg, yeah.  Biden is probably already regretting running so if he won I doubt he'd attempt a 2nd term unless the DNC pressured him.  Bernie?  I have never seen ego in him.  He's one of those guys who is more a crusader for the people than anything else.

13 minutes ago, Jules said:

As far as egos, Bloomberg, yeah.  Biden is probably already regretting running so if he won I doubt he'd attempt a 2nd term unless the DNC pressured him.  Bernie?  I have never seen ego in him.  He's one of those guys who is more a crusader for the people than anything else.

The people have the last word. Meanwhile, whoever tries to clean up the Trump mess is going to be too tired to run a second term.

7 hours ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

Huh, Tomballs is lieing again. That’s surprising, he never lies. He never gives credence to bad faith liars from Team R. Never.

It's spelled lying, akaGP, but I'm not.

Bloomberg hasn't released his tax returns as the other TeamD candidates have done.

And I can remember when that was bad.

9 hours ago, Jules said:

Using his personal fortunes to buy his way into the White House is the very definition of influencing politics with money.  One person's money.  Not millions of voters.  Just one voter.  Bloomberg is showing just how powerful one person's fortune can be.

It's not "just one voter" - it's millions of voters who let themselves be suckered by it.

4 hours ago, badlatitude said:

The people have the last word. Meanwhile, whoever tries to clean up the Trump mess is going to be too tired to run a second term.

They'd lose anyway - the Republican's will convince the rubes that the fucked up economy and increasingly worthless currency is all the Dem's fault.

14 hours ago, badlatitude said:

I sincerely wish that was the case - unfortunately, the people only have the last word w/r/t the choices that the party apparatus provides. 

10 hours ago, SloopJonB said:
14 hours ago, badlatitude said:

They'd lose anyway - the Republican's will convince the rubes that the fucked up economy and increasingly worthless currency is all the Dem's fault.

If there had been Fox News in 1970, Nixon would still be President

- DSK

30 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

If there was no cable news at all, Trump wouldn't have made is past the first few weeks of the Republican candidate race.

If there were no unethical lawyers, Trump would be "The former rich kid who blew his daddy's inheritance."

24 minutes ago, Jules said:
59 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

If there was no cable news at all, Trump wouldn't have made is past the first few weeks of the Republican candidate race.

If there were no unethical lawyers, Trump would be "The former rich kid who blew his daddy's inheritance."

^_^

Sure and IF a frog had wings he wouldn't bump his ass every time he hopped

The biggest political difference between now and 1776 is that there are a lot of moneyed people who use the press to perpetuate their wealth and power, over any other consideration; and it's been proven that they can convince enough voters to go along. This process has now played out to the point where they may dispense with voting altogether.

We've discovered a lot about the how the universe works, and how we ourselves work... we have gained tremendous knowledge (although still barely a few atoms compared to what remains to be known) but we have not gained enough wisdom. The combination of behavioral psychology and universal mass media could destroy us.

- DSK

4 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

- DSK

Nixon had Roger Ailes on staff FFS.

The current situation is because Republican politicians have devolved to their current absence of any pretense of ethics or integrity.

FOX is only a contributing factor.

2 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:
4 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

- DSK

Nixon had Roger Ailes on staff FFS.

The current situation is because Republican politicians have devolved to their current absence of any pretense of ethics or integrity.

FOX is only a contributing factor.

Sure, but Ailes didn't have the resources he has put to work since the mid-1990s. The working machinery of hate-spew media was very small, and just sputtering along feeding the Birchers and KKKers, and identified by the rest of the country's people as such.

Ailes genius was getting access to huge amounts of capital, and putting genius advertisers to work seperating the basic message from the stigma. In the early days of Rush Limbaugh, dittoheads were kind of embarrassed. The shop that I worked in had a lot of people who would eagerly listen to Rushbo and considered him sort of a more-political Paul Harvey (whose show he followed for years). A feel-good slice of Americana. It took me constantly pointing out how much of his speech was blatant lies before most of them caught on... and since I left, they all probably went full dittohead then Trumpalo.

Trump is not the problem, Trump is a symptom. They all want easy answers. Most of them want to believe that it's somebody else's fault. Many of them want to hate those goddam brown people. Many of them are terrified of gay people. And they all want to have their egos tickled into thinking that their hatreds and prejudices really do fit into the aw-shucks everyday American homespun vision by Rockwell, even though they are actually very much in opposition to traditional American principles.

All it takes a lot of lying.

Selling Pepsi or Budweiser is a great starting point. We've now been sold a toxic brew of destructive politics and even those who didn't want it have to live with it. Can we still return it to the store, or has it all gone too far?

- DSK

53 minutes ago, dacapo said:

I’m still in the ABT (anybody but Trump) camp.  Would much prefer that it not be a Republican running as a Democrat but if Trump, allegedly once a Democrat, can become POTUS as a Republican, than why not. Klobuchar could do well bringing “Midwest sensibility” ( whatever that is supposed to mean)  to the ticket and positioning herself well for the top slot in ‘24.

Trump and his vermin (elk no longer fits) have to go.

2 hours ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

If Bloomberg buys the nomination?   I'm voting for Mickey Mouse again, that, or writing in a ticket of IB and LenP. 

So, voting for Trump.

Again?

5 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

So, voting for Trump.

Again?

There’s not a single democRAT he’d vote for vs Trump.  He’s a disingenuous POS.

He’s like dog, but less self aware.

watching you and cmilliken and the rest of the clowns do the “we’re the only reasonable people in the room, which is why we don’t actually listen to anyone, anywhere, but we’re still reasonable people and why can’t more people be like us” front is so fucking tedious.

Bloomberg is just a slightly smarter and more polished version of Trump. He is racist, misogynistic, narcissistic, greedy, arrogant and out of touch. The friends I have from NY who I am still in touch with, universally loathe him. In many minority neighborhoods in NY, he is less popular than Trump. Think about that for a minute or two before supporting him, the folks most affected by his policies would rather have Trump than him, despite being in demographics that would otherwise vote 80-90% for  the Dem candidate.

I think there is a better argument that a vote for Bloomberg is a vote for Trump, than a vote for Mickey Mouse being a vote for Trump.

Bloomberg is also the least likely to actually beat Trump out of anyone on the debate stage last night. He would lose every single state Hillary lost, and probably by a larger margin. 

I do take some small comfort from seeing the other Dem candidates begin dismantling him yesterday. That needs to happen if we want to actually preserve the Democrat party. Bloomberg is worse than the flaming bag of dog poo.

I forgot to mention his problem with unions. Union workers who demand a living wage and safe working conditions are just whiners who are trying to hold him hostage. 

https://www.ufanyc.org/cms/contents/view/2081

https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2011/02/20/union-brooklyn-death-injuries-directly-attributable-to-bloomberg-fdny-staffing-cuts/

https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/firefighters-union-chief-blames-mayor-bloomberg-fdny-staffing-cuts-escalation-fatal-blaze-article-1.136591

I will say it again, he is not a democrat. 

18 minutes ago, LenP said:

Bloomberg is just a slightly smarter and more polished version of Trump. He is racist, misogynistic, narcissistic, greedy, arrogant and out of touch. The friends I have from NY who I am still in touch with, universally loathe him. In many minority neighborhoods in NY, he is less popular than Trump. Think about that for a minute or two before supporting him, the folks most affected by his policies would rather have Trump than him, despite being in demographics that would otherwise vote 80-90% for  the Dem candidate.

I think there is a better argument that a vote for Bloomberg is a vote for Trump, than a vote for Mickey Mouse being a vote for Trump.

Bloomberg is also the least likely to actually beat Trump out of anyone on the debate stage last night. He would lose every single state Hillary lost, and probably by a larger margin. 

I do take some small comfort from seeing the other Dem candidates begin dismantling him yesterday. That needs to happen if we want to actually preserve the Democrat party. Bloomberg is worse than the flaming bag of dog poo.

Wow, you have friends in a place you dont live or have experience with who have anecdotal generalizations and rumors that dont like Bloomie.  I guess that settles it!  Are you a Bot?   If I ask you have to tell.

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Cristoforo said:

Wow, you have friends in a place you dont live or have experience with who have anecdotal generalizations and rumors that dont like Bloomie.  I guess that settles it!  Are you a Bot?   If I ask you have to tell.

Heh, you new here? I grew up in NY and worked in Manhattan for 20 years. The last job I worked in NY, I ran the digital operations for a number of Democrat candidates and organizations.

There is no need to believe me, the dirt on Bloomberg will continue to come out. If the other D candidates do not dredge it up, you can bet the Republicans will. I do find it fascinating that criticizing a narcissistic billionaire republican running a self financed campaign as a Democrat could be seen as supporting a narcissistic billionaire running as a republican. I would like to see a real Dem candidate I could vote for get the nomination. At this point, that is any viable candidate left not named Bloomberg. 

8 minutes ago, Cristoforo said:
29 minutes ago, LenP said:

LenP is not a bot. Definitely a real person, and definitely not peddling hokem from either one team or the other.

Other than going to museums and taking Mrs Steam to Theatah, I avoid NYC and so don't comment on it's internal politics. There's a lot about it that's kinda cool but a lot that really is awful and destructive. And I hate waiting in line.

- DSK