Sign in to follow this  
atyourcervix

LOL... Bloomturd to pick hillary as running mate.

6 hours ago, The Joker said:

Bloomberg is the left’s Trump 

Millions of people who voted for Trump were and are accused of violating their personal morals just to win an election. 

The left has railed against the rich, the billionaires, the 1%, the greedy corporations.  They hate money in politics 

But all that will be thrown aside,  all their values put away if Bloomberg is the nominee because they want to win an election. 

The irony is huge. 

Yeah...no.

Bloomberg has issues, to be sure. I don't want him in there. I think he's a terrible choice.

But he's no Trump.

I know you Trumpsters are DYING to ease your own conscience by finding someone on the left as reprehensible as your boy shitstain, but no, it does not work in this case.

Bloomberg may be an enormous asshole, but he's not openly criminal, treasonous, or corrupt.

Trump and the GOP House Senate have made it clear that the survival of American democracy as we know it is on the table this election. That will can not stand, and we will not allow Trump and his pet GOP to keep wiping their asses with the constitution.

Again, it's a bowl of cold mayo-slathered beets versus a steaming bowl of worm-laden dogshit. The choice is clear.

Priority #1 is preserving Democracy.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

No, this is a HUGE lie.

I have major issues voting for Bloomberg. I have a lot more issues voting for Trump.

One is 100% without a doubt a threat to American democracy and freedom, and backed by people with utterly appalling values.

That doesn't mean I have "no issue" voting for Bloomberg.

I'm not going to not vote, and I'm not going to throw away a vote that will not help beat Trump, even if there was a 3rd party candidate.

Suggesting that I have "no issues" voting for Bloomberg makes you a fucking liar.

Ok, so you have "issues" with voting for Bloomey.  Tomato, tomatoe.  You're still a fucking hypocrite, because you have and continue to deride people who voted for trump despite having "issues" with him.  They chose him as the least bad candidate of the choices.  Because you don't agree with their reasoning, doesn't make them wrong.  Yet you call those people who qualify their votes for a misogynistic, pussy grabbing, racist and look past that for what they perceive as getting something better out of the deal such as tax cuts, SCOTUS nominations, etc. as total assholes and retards because they are compromising on their values.  

Well guess what brother, YOU are doing exactly the same thing.  Exactly.  Just because you feel strongly that you have no other choice doesn't negate those on the other side who also feel they have no other choice.  I've been saying this for years now, but it's not a binary world.  There are shades of grey and nuanced decision making going on all over the place, just as you have described what you're planning on doing if it came to that.  So get off your fucking high horse and recognize that you are not the only one with a valid opinion.  

And if blooms does win, then you will be as staunch a bloomberg "supporter" and therefore endorse, justify and encourage his misogyny, racism and assholishness just as you have accused ALL trump voters of being of supporting his racism if they happened to vote for him.  YOU and others have very clearly said here in PA that if you support ANY aspect of trump, then you support ALL aspects of trump.  So just remember BJ - it works both ways.  So the reason I said you have "no issues" with voting for the blooms (despite saying you have issues) is because you have repeatedly characterized any support for trump as all or nothing.  So any vote for a racist asshole is an endorsement and support of that racism, according to you and your elk.  

And I think my pointing that out to you is what has set you off into a sputtering rage. 

Just saying.

7 hours ago, The Joker said:

Bloomberg is the left’s Trump 

Millions of people who voted for Trump were and are accused of violating their personal morals just to win an election. 
The left has railed against the rich, the billionaires, the 1%, the greedy corporations.  They hate money in politics 

But all that will be thrown aside,  all their values put away if Bloomberg is the nominee because they want to win an election. 
The irony is huge.

The concept of Anybody But Trump eludes you does it?

11 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Because you don't agree with their reasoning, doesn't make them wrong. 

3 years of evidence does though.

2 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

No.  Did the concept of "anybody but hillary" elude you back in 2016?  How is that any less valid than what others are saying here now?

Well, Trump has been a proven cheap suit criminal for at least 4 decades while Clinton was primarily the victim of right wing character assassination for those same 4 decades.

How many court cases has Trump lost?

Clinton?

But yeah - Trump was definitely the lesser of evils. :rolleyes:

21 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Ok, so you have "issues" with voting for Bloomey.  Tomato, tomatoe.  You're still a fucking hypocrite, because you have and continue to deride people who voted for trump despite having "issues" with him.  They chose him as the least bad candidate of the choices.  Because you don't agree with their reasoning, doesn't make them wrong.  Yet you call those people who qualify their votes for a misogynistic, pussy grabbing, racist and look past that for what they perceive as getting something better out of the deal such as tax cuts, SCOTUS nominations, etc. as total assholes and retards because they are compromising on their values.  

Well guess what brother, YOU are doing exactly the same thing.  Exactly.  Just because you feel strongly that you have no other choice doesn't negate those on the other side who also feel they have no other choice.  I've been saying this for years now, but it's not a binary world.  There are shades of grey and nuanced decision making going on all over the place, just as you have described what you're planning on doing if it came to that.  So get off your fucking high horse and recognize that you are not the only one with a valid opinion.  

And if blooms does win, then you will be as staunch a bloomberg "supporter" and therefore endorse, justify and encourage his misogyny, racism and assholishness just as you have accused ALL trump voters of being of supporting his racism if they happened to vote for him.  YOU and others have very clearly said here in PA that if you support ANY aspect of trump, then you support ALL aspects of trump.  So just remember BJ - it works both ways.  So the reason I said you have "no issues" with voting for the blooms (despite saying you have issues) is because you have repeatedly characterized any support for trump as all or nothing.  So any vote for a racist asshole is an endorsement and support of that racism, according to you and your elk.  

And I think my pointing that out to you is what has set you off into a sputtering rage. 

Just saying.

Fuck you, you lying asshole.

There is NO comparison to voting for someone like Trump, ever, period.

A vote for Trump is a vote in DIRECT support of racism and so much other bullshit. It's the POLICIES here.

He ran on a platform of "I'm going to do a whole lot of racist shit while soliciting foreign interference in our election."

Not the same, not even close. If Bloomberg ran on Trumps policies and overt racist agenda I would no more vote for him than I would for Trump.

And no, I'm never going to become a hat wearing cultist for whoever defeats Trump.

16 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:

No.  Did the concept of "anybody but hillary" elude you back in 2016?  How is that any less valid than what others are saying here now?

Hillary who?

you don’t even live here, what the fuck your talking about?

14 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:

3 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Well, Trump has been a proven cheap suit criminal for at least 4 decades while Clinton was primarily the victim of right wing character assassination for those same 4 decades.

How many court cases has Trump lost?

Clinton?

But yeah - Trump was definitely the lesser of evils. :rolleyes:

Because some people are not fucking idiots who will happily ride their white privilege and (perceived relative) safety from Trump policies to screwing everyone else in the country?

1 hour ago, B.J. Porter said:

Fuck you, you lying asshole.

There is NO comparison to voting for someone like Trump, ever, period.

A vote for Trump is a vote in DIRECT support of racism and so much other bullshit. It's the POLICIES here.

He ran on a platform of "I'm going to do a whole lot of racist shit while soliciting foreign interference in our election."

Not the same, not even close. If Bloomberg ran on Trumps policies and overt racist agenda I would no more vote for him than I would for Trump.

And no, I'm never going to become a hat wearing cultist for whoever defeats Trump.

Sorry, but no.  You can't have it both ways.  A vote for a racist means you support a racist.  Period.  Full stop.  So says you and your elk.  

If this concept makes you so angry because its been turned around on you, maybe you should re-examine what you've said to and called so-called "trump supporters" who have clearly said they hate his racist shit but still support some of his other policies such as tax cuts, China trade war, SCOTUS nominations, etc.  How are those people any different than what you're professing here that you will do with bloomberg?  The simple answer is that there is zero difference and you hate being called on it.  

16 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Sorry, but no.  You can't have it both ways.  A vote for a racist means you support a racist.  Period.  Full stop.  So says you and your elk.  

If this concept makes you so angry because its been turned around on you, maybe you should re-examine what you've said to and called so-called "trump supporters" who have clearly said they hate his racist shit but still support some of his other policies such as tax cuts, China trade war, SCOTUS nominations, etc.  How are those people any different than what you're professing here that you will do with bloomberg.  The simple answer is that there is zero difference and you hate being called on it.  

Maybe you should go fuck yourself sideways with a cactus, you lying toad.

Bloomberg - is he running for office as a racist? Yes or no. Simple question.

The answer of course is no, he is not running for office as a racist on a platform steeped in racism. Trump did. He wore his racism on his sleeve from the moment he came down those stairs yammering on about Mexican rapists, and it wasn't just a plank in his campaign platform, it was the got damn main support beam for his whole candidacy.

Voting for Trump was most assuredly a vote in support of his racist platform even if your average Trump voter is too clueless to realize that's what it was. All you have to do to realize is get one of 'em talking.

Bloomberg's got some problematic shit in his history that indicates he's rather unenlightened - but I wouldn't say he's any more racist than say, you are. You say all kinds of stupid racist shit all the time, but I do not put you on a level with Trump since you're not actually advocating for policies to implement racism. Nor do I expect that either of you are actively racist towards those people around you, you're just so deeply steeped in your own white male privilege that you know what's better for "those people" than they do, so you're always saying dumb shit that sounds racist. You're willfully misinformed and don't want to listen to people of color unless they're an off key voice parroting what you already believe, but that's not even close to what Trump is.

On a racism scale of 1 to "put their kids in camps and let them die as a deterrent", Bloomberg is somewhere in the middle. As racist as many people in his age and economic bracket are, but not a virulent racist who will do something to actively reduce the population of non-whites in America or create policies designed to harm or marginalize them.

Stop & Frisk (which I think you liked, if memory serves, but I could be mistaken...seems like your kind of thing) was undoubtedly a racist policy, and Bloomberg seems to have acknowledged it after being continuously beaten over the head with it.

Is he talking about Mexican rapists? Excluding people on the basis of ethnic and/or religious original? ANY of the shit that Trump pushed?

Where are the racist policies that Mike Bloomberg is pushing?

Do tell.

Acknowledging that Bloomberg is an unenlightened old coot does NOT make him anything on par with Trump.

23 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

Bloomberg is an unenlightened old coot

Ahhhh, I see.  Bloomberg has magically gone from:

On 2/16/2020 at 12:01 PM, B.J. Porter said:

Yeah, he's got a mile-wide streak of arrogance, sexism, misogyny and bullshit from what I can see.

He may be a oligarchical, misogynistic racist, but....

To an "unenlightened old coot".  Fred Astaire would be jealous of your skilz.  WFD BJ. 

I could barely see those goalposts move, because they moved so fast.....

2 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Jeffski, clearly, Anybody But Hillary didn't elude you in 2016. Now was it Benghazi, the emails or maybe Vincent Foster that pushed you over the edge?

1 minute ago, Olsonist said:

Clearly, anybody but Hillary didn't elude you in 2016. Was it Benghazi, the emails or maybe Vincent Foster that pushed you over the edge?

It was the pantsuits.

Yes, I suppose that is no less valid than what others are saying now although for some reason you were in favor impeaching and convicting your boy Shitstain. Can you remind us what your reason for that reason was?

9 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:

To an "unenlightened old coot".  Fred Astaire would be jealous of your skilz.  WFD BJ. 

I see no real conflict between the two posts.

25 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:
53 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

Bloomberg is an unenlightened old coot

On 2/17/2020 at 9:01 AM, B.J. Porter said:

Yeah, he's got a mile-wide streak of arrogance, sexism, misogyny and bullshit from what I can see.

He may be a oligarchical, misogynistic racist, but....

A "a mile-wide streak of arrogance, sexism, misogyny and bullshit" is actually not that far from "unenlightened old coot" at all.

And it's MILES from "Dimwitted conmen looking to line his pockets and willing to let white supremacists and Russians run the country into the ground whil ehe does it," don't you think.

The only goalpost moves are, just like your utter bullshit false equivalency, entirely in your own mind.

5 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

Nope I fully understand it.  
Same  reason millions of people voted anybody but Hillary. 

The real insanity will take place if Bloomberg buys his way past Bernie. Bernie's  supporters will not stand for it and are going to violently explode.  68 all over again. 

4 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

If this concept makes you so angry because its been turned around on you, maybe you should re-examine what you've said to and called so-called "trump supporters" who have clearly said they hate his racist shit but still support some of his other policies such as tax cuts, China trade war, SCOTUS nominations, etc.  How are those people any different than what you're professing here that you will do with bloomberg?  The simple answer is that there is zero difference and you hate being called on it.  

I think you hit a nerve.  :). 

2 hours ago, The Joker said:

Nope I fully understand it.  
Same  reason millions of people voted anybody but Hillary.

Obviously you don't.

Millions of people voted against Clinton because of a decades long Republican orchestrated campaign of character assassination.

Voting anybody but Trump is because of a decades long history of criminal behaviour and a term long performance based on lies, racism and quasi fascist incompetence.

Only an ignoramus or moron or both could think they are remotely the same.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Joker said:

I think you hit a nerve.  :). 

your daughter ever ask you why you support dirty, Earth raping motherfuckers? have you raised her well enough that she even cares?

maybe you can tell her money is everything and g0d says our hairless monkey asses have 'dominion over the Earth'.

2 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

Well...

Doesn't look like Bernie's all too excited to be Bloomberg's running mate so that's pretty unlikely :)

FWIW, the insiders are saying Stacy Abrams has the VP nod sewn up, regardless of candidate.  I think it's a bit early for that but she's clearly being groomed for it.  She's started going the populist tour to get her name out.

12 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

Where are the racist policies that Mike Bloomberg is pushing?

In the stupid drug war thread.

Also in the Kelo thread.

12 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

Stop & Frisk (which I think you liked, if memory serves, but I could be mistaken...seems like your kind of thing) was undoubtedly a racist policy, and Bloomberg seems to have acknowledged it after being continuously beaten over the head with it.

Jeff's a fan but my elk have been beating him over the head with it for many years. He's responded by defending it until late last year.

Trump tweeted out his support for Bloomberg on that issue in 2013.

On 2/11/2020 at 11:10 AM, Plenipotentiary Tom said:

You'd think Trump's support would have clued Bloomberg in that he was on a bad path in 2013. Or 2014. Or 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, or maybe even early in 2019. But noooo.

2 hours ago, cmilliken said:

Doesn't look like Bernie's all too excited to be Bloomberg's running mate so that's pretty unlikely :)

FWIW, the insiders are saying Stacy Abrams has the VP nod sewn up, regardless of candidate.  I think it's a bit early for that but she's clearly being groomed for it.  She's started going the populist tour to get her name out.

....     ...

That's nuts.

- DSK

1 hour ago, Plenipotentiary Tom said:

Jeff's a fan but my elk have been beating him over the head with it for many years.

Context.

You used stop and frisk for Bloomie bashing, in a  broad pattern of race-baiter spew. Just sayin’. 

The spew has layers, and spans some five years. Most of the spew is general, and some is personal. :)

18 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Because you don't agree with their reasoning, doesn't make them wrong.

No, The fact that they are still supporting his actions post election is the disturbing part and most certainly makes them wrong....  The Elk on the right just don't get that.  

18 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Just saying.

And if he does win, I would expect that he would behave appropriately for the office.  Something that the orange one has not ever done.  If he does not, and does the same shit, well, impeach his ass.  That's how this works...  

5 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

That's nuts.

- DSK

Seemed early to me too but talking heads gotta talk.  

3 hours ago, shaggy said:

No, The fact that they are still supporting his actions post election is the disturbing part and most certainly makes them wrong....  The Elk on the right just don't get that.  

Correct. I don’t get why I should drop my support when Trump is actually doing what he talked about doing during the campaign.  
Judge appointments-  check.

Cut taxes - check

grow the economy- check.  

Unemployment at record lows -check

No new wars - check 

cut regulations on business - check 

just the few above are enough to get my vote for a second term. 

10 minutes ago, The Joker said:

Correct. I don’t get why I should drop my support when Trump is actually doing what he talked about doing during the campaign.  

Cut taxes - check

grow the economy- check.  

No new wars - check 

What specific actions enacted by President Trump have had a measurable positive impact on the economy?  And, don't insult yourself by crowing about the DOW hitting 29,000.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, The Joker said:

Cut taxes - check

grow the economy- check.  

No new wars - check 

Obama did ALL the above, except cut taxes on the rich... and he shrank the deficit which has the effect of a tax cut. Of course, he did not appoint fascist dickhead judges, but then he did not appoint hardly ANY judges because of Moscow Mitch happily blocking him.

So really, what you're saying is: "I am a Trumpublican partisan and I want to see most of America suffer."

- DSK

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

What specific actions enacted by President Trump have had a measurable positive impact on the economy?  And, don't insult yourself by crowing about the DOW hitting 29,000.

Why do I need to point out specific actions?   The results are right there for all to see.  The Dow hitting 29,000 is not an impact on the economy, it is a result of a good economy. 

3 minutes ago, The Joker said:

Why do I need to point out specific actions?   The results are right there for all to see.  The Dow hitting 29,000 is not an impact on the economy, it is a result of a good economy. 

I figure, if you are claiming credit goes to President Trump for the economy, you could identify something he did which had a measurable effect on it.

It appears you cannot.  No surprise.

Opinion: Trump didn’t transform the economy — it’s mostly the same as it was under Obama

Obama’s 2009 Recovery Act Kicked Off Over 10 Years Of Economic Growth

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Obama did ALL the above, except cut taxes on the rich... and he shrank the deficit which has the effect of a tax cut. Of course, he did not appoint fascist dickhead judges, but then he did not appoint hardly ANY judges because of Moscow Mitch happily blocking him.

So really, what you're saying is: "I am a Trumpublican partisan and I want to see most of America suffer."

- DSK

Seek help.  Most of America is not suffering. Prosperity and peace are a good thing.  Even better for a president running for a second term. 

4 minutes ago, The Joker said:

Why do I need to point out specific actions?

Because other than line his own pockets and have tantrums, Trump ain't done shit.

He filled all the vacancies for judges that were caused by Moscow Mitch's obstructionism, and the Trump economy is basically the Obama Economy only slowed down a little even with a huge deficit stimulus and more of the cream raked off by the 0.1%ers.

Of course, that's what is actually happening in reality. You seem to be unfamiliar with the concept

- DSK

14 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

Obviously you don't.

Millions of people voted against Clinton because of a decades long Republican orchestrated campaign of character assassination.

Voting anybody but Trump is because of a decades long history of criminal behaviour and a term long performance based on lies, racism and quasi fascist incompetence.

Millions of people voted against Hillary Clinton because they didn't agree with her priorities, sense of entitlement, and behavior while in office.  Of course, many will try to deny the validity of that opposition by suggesting as you have here that Poor Hillary really was an awesome candidate and the only people who didn't like her were intentional idiots.    Perhaps many ought to think how their personal behavior may influence someone else's - nobody exists in a vacuum, and consider how the intentional, constant haranguing that everyone who thinks differently than you do, who has different priorities and experiences than you do, isn't worth consideration beyond figuring out how to negate and marginalize them might actually make some of them think that you DO want to marginalize them!   If so - it shouldn't be a surprise when/if they act in a way to counter that perceived threat.     This goes both ways - the "Right" has a lot to answer for in that regard, but, the "Left" certainly owns their share of it as well.    The bigger point?   If we actually want to improve understanding, reduce the division, and get more people focused on positive change and improvement?   It might helped if we stopped calling each other assholes first. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, The Joker said:

41 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

I figure, if you are claiming credit goes to President Trump for the economy, you could identify something he did which had a measurable effect on it.

It appears you cannot.  No surprise.

Opinion: Trump didn’t transform the economy — it’s mostly the same as it was under Obama

Obama’s 2009 Recovery Act Kicked Off Over 10 Years Of Economic Growth

That kid FLYING down the hill on that sled, isn't he doing great?

No, don't point out the fact that his parents carried the sled to the top for him and gave him a big push.

Just pay attention to how fast he's going...it's all his work.

10 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

Now that's funny.

Hilarious.

45 minutes ago, The Joker said:

Seek help.  Most of America is not suffering. Prosperity and peace are a good thing.  Even better for a president running for a second term. 

Unless of course it’s a Kenyan usurper.

I mean, I think liars like The Joke are assholes. And because AGITC can’t grasp the jokes an asshole, him too.

1 hour ago, The Joker said:

At what Cost???  

1 hour ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

It might helped if we stopped calling each other assholes first. 

Given your stand against people punching Nazis, it’s understandable that you would be against calling assholes, assholes.

Asshole.

1 hour ago, The Joker said:

Most of America was not suffering under Obama.  Most of America did not vote for your guy..  What part of that do you not understand??  

behavior while in office.

WTF???  She was by far the most qualified and well respected member of the us delegation around the world.  What are you on about??  She actually beat your boy remember, so by definition her behavior was perfect!!!!  Which gives me some hope for our future.  

12 minutes ago, shaggy said:

Most of America was not suffering under Obama.  Most of America did not vote for your guy..  What part of that do you not understand??  

Who said it was suffering under Obama?  
Trump won the election what part of that do you not understand?   

More People are optimistic about their future, in fact the vast majority are positive.  
Why is that a bad thing?  

3 minutes ago, The Joker said:

Trump won the election what part of that do you not understand?   

More People are optimistic about their future, in fact the vast majority are positive.  
Why is that a bad thing?  

Because idiot boy is gonna be out of office...  Duh... 

You are an idiot.  

5 minutes ago, The Joker said:

Actually Trump and his spokesliar Ms. Grisham both said that Obama "destroyed the US economy" which of course is not even close to true

Nor did Obama start new wars, which you credit to Trump for.

Obama reduced the national debt.

Obama helped tens of millions of Americans get health care.

Obama made America safer and more secure by killing actual terrorists and by maintaining cooperative, stable relationships with our allies.

So yeah, it would be a pretty blatant lie to say "it was suffering under Obama" because by any truthful standard, pretty much everything was a lot better then than it is now

- DSK

Man, I remember when Rand Paul cared about the deficit. I think that was back when he liked whistleblowers. I feel bad for calling him a stupid, lying, fraud that only got his seat by riding the coattails of his dad. 

58 minutes ago, cmilliken said:
1 hour ago, Plenipotentiary Tom said:

2 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

Obama reduced the national debt.

Wow.

I'm sure he meant deficit.

Yes, you're right, I meant to say deficit.... however....

US_National_Debt.png

Downturns in Obama's second term.... not as good as the consistent decline of the debt in Clinton's second term, but it's still there.

So, Gullible Tom, go sit in the corner and say "Wow"  all you want.  What exactly does the Fed do, again?

- DSK

3 hours ago, shaggy said:

Actually, when Obama became President in 2008, the economy was in free fall and yes, folks were suffering. He admirably managed a recovery despite Republican resistance including a government shutdown because they wanted to abolish the ACA.

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

So, Gullible Tom, go sit in the corner and say "Wow"  all you want.  What exactly does the Fed do, again?

- DSK

The Fed makes inherited property holders work harder, and that makes it evil! Gold standard now!

5 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

Actually Trump and his spokesliar Ms. Grisham both said that Obama "destroyed the US economy" which of course is not even close to true

Nor did Obama start new wars, which you credit to Trump for.  Libya was new and the surge in Afghanistan led to more US deaths in Afghanistan than the previous years under GW 

Obama reduced the national debt. IN WHAT FANTASY WORLD DID THAT HAPPEN?

Obama helped tens of millions of Americans get health care.  In reality he added most of those to Medicaid 

Obama made America safer and more secure by killing actual terrorists and by maintaining cooperative, stable relationships with our allies.  Agreed mainly by droning them.   He also killed Americans without due process

So yeah, it would be a pretty blatant lie to say "it was suffering under Obama" because by any truthful standard, pretty much everything was a lot better then than it is now   Again who claimed Americans were suffering?  In reality the current polls have Americans clearly stating they are better off now than 3 years ago.   Spin it anyway you want a vast majority of Americans are not buying the doom and gloom being spun by the left  

- DSK

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/482714-six-in-ten-americans-say-they-are-better-off-than-three-years

A majority of Americans in a new poll say they are better off now than they were three years ago.Just more than 6 in 10 Americans, 61 percent, told Gallup pollsters that they are decidedly in better shape than they were shortly after President Trump took office in 2017, a sign of a recovering U.S. economy..

Yeah, a majority in that poll said they weren't better off in 2012 than in 2008 because ... polls.  Or maybe it was because they didn't like the Kenyan usurper. 

image.png.9eed21e95c0a15ed2a915310ac16f0ea.png

8 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

Hilarious.

I know right, & who could not love Mr. Mouse's seeds & nuts agenda?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, The Joker said:

Cut taxes - check

grow the economy- check.  

No new wars - check 

Yeah but you're a known moron.

So there's that.

8 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

Yes, you're right, I meant to say deficit.... however....

US_National_Debt.png

Downturns in Obama's second term.... not as good as the consistent decline of the debt in Clinton's second term, but it's still there.

- DSK

How was I to know you mix up debt and deficit? You act like such a condescending expert, I expect you to know and use terms properly.

The debt and deficit continued to grow then as they do now. GDP grew faster, resulting in the "downturn" on the chart.

The Fed creates bubble after bubble, like the one we're experiencing now.

8 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

What exactly does the Fed do, again?

- DSK

From what I can tell, the current mission of the fed is to protect financial asset prices by injecting massive liquidity into the secondary markets anytime one of the various crony capitalist firms so much as frowns, thereby actually monetizing the moral hazard associated with socializing financial risk across the broader economy.

In other words, the fed isn't so much a net anymore, but a trampoline, guaranteeing that the beautiful people aren't inconvenienced by having to deal with actually LOSING money from bad bets.  The status quo MUST be maintained.

But I'm just spitballing here based on what they've actually been doing, not what they claim.

14 minutes ago, cmilliken said:

From what I can tell, the current mission of the fed is to protect financial asset prices by injecting massive liquidity into the secondary markets anytime one of the various crony capitalist firms so much as frowns, thereby actually monetizing the moral hazard associated with socializing financial risk across the broader economy.

In other words, the fed isn't so much a net anymore, but a trampoline, guaranteeing that the beautiful people aren't inconvenienced by having to deal with actually LOSING money from bad bets.  The status quo MUST be maintained.

But I'm just spitballing here based on what they've actually been doing, not what they claim.

Yes, because they are all in the banking club. All in the same sinking boat. Now if by some odd chance they were all farmers, or small business owners, or manufacturers, they would be making bold moves in those respective markets to try and save each other skin. Like supporting commodity prices, or emergency zero-interest loans, or even picking up the entire payrolls of small businesses for short periods. But God forbid such blatant communism here in America!

6 hours ago, Olsonist said:

Yeah, a majority in that poll said they weren't better off in 2012 than in 2008 because ... polls.  Or maybe it was because they didn't like the Kenyan usurper. 

His Birth Certificate was thought provoking. I’m not a birther. 

8 hours ago, Olsonist said:

Or maybe they felt they weren’t better off.  Oh the horror. 
interesting that Gallup was used regularly by posters, on the left to point out Trumps low approval, yet when it shows a positive reflection on his leadership it’s not to be believed.   TDS or simply frustration, Who knows?

14 hours ago, shaggy said:

WTF???  She was by far the most qualified and well respected member of the us delegation around the world.  What are you on about??  She actually beat your boy remember, so by definition her behavior was perfect!!!!  Which gives me some hope for our future.  

My Boy?   You don't keep up very well, do ya?  My boy has big ears and wears a bow tie.  Her behavior in office?   There are several infamous incidents, but, let me share a couple that I personally witnessed:  She was dismissive of expert knowledge when being briefed on the constraints of a platform launch,  a PhD w/over 30 years of experience in the field was briefing, and I was there to support that briefing - he started, and her response was, "Can you stop now, there are other people I'm more interested in hearing from, and I've already decided what we're going to do with this platform".   I've witnessed her behavior in 2 other briefings, and she was consistently dismissive, acting like she was the smartest person in the room, and intolerant of everyone who was't in line with her priorities.  

So no, not every person who disliked her or didn't want her representing them adopted that belief in response to the "constant right wing noise machine".   It's funny - you sorry sacks on the left can't stand that someone might have a principled opposition, but, any little thing that you can find to rail about someone on the right is something that should be accepted without question.    I think there's a word for that, mentioned up thread a little bit.   BJ?  

3 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

His Birth Certificate was thought provoking. I’m not a birther. 

The Kenyan usurper went on to re-election with 51% of the vote in 2012. So it seems that thems who liked him really liked him and thems who didn't thought they were better off in 2008. For some reason. @Dog will be along shortly to tell us that thems who liked him probably only liked him because of his race while thems who didn't were sincerely interested in economic freedom and small govmint.

My Boy?   You don't keep up very well, do ya?  My boy has big ears and wears a bow tie.  Her behavior in office?   There are several infamous incidents, but, let me share a couple that I personally witnessed:  She was dismissive of expert knowledge when being briefed on the constraints of a platform launch,  a PhD w/over 30 years of experience in the field was briefing, and I was there to support that briefing - he started, and her response was, "Can you stop now, there are other people I'm more interested in hearing from, and I've already decided what we're going to do with this platform".   I've witnessed her behavior in 2 other briefings, and she was consistently dismissive, acting like she was the smartest person in the room, and intolerant of everyone who was't in line with her priorities.  

So no, not every person who disliked her or didn't want her representing them adopted that belief in response to the "constant right wing noise machine".   It's funny - you sorry sacks on the left can't stand that someone might have a principled opposition, but, any little thing that you can find to rail about someone on the right is something that should be accepted without question.    I think there's a word for that, mentioned up thread a little bit.   BJ?  

First hand knowledge I do not have, so good on ya for sharing...  If true, well, you have your reasons and that is certainly a good one, but at one point, if you were that close to it, you must have had some modicum of love for this country and now have decided to become a trumpaloo.   Agree to disagree, but again, if true, I can't argue with it.  IMHO, It seems as if your personal experiences have left you with tunnel vision and you cannot see the forest through the trees...  

16 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

The Kenyan usurper went on to re-election with 51% of the vote in 2012. So it seems that thems who liked him really liked him and thems who didn't thought they were better off in 2008. For some reason. @Dog will be along shortly to tell us that thems who liked him probably only liked him because of his race while thems who didn't were sincerely interested in economic freedom and small govmint.

and fiscal responsibility, which is of the utmost importance...

sometimes. 

1 minute ago, shaggy said:

First hand knowledge I do not have, so good on ya for sharing...  If true, well, you have your reasons and that is certainly a good one, but at one point, if you were that close to it, you must have had some modicum of love for this country and now have decided to become a trumpaloo.   Agree to disagree, but again, if true, I can't argue with it.  IMHO, It seems as if your personal experiences have left you with tunnel vision and you cannot see the forest through the trees...  

I don't know how you conflate my disagreement w/some of the blatantly false BS being flung about here as being a Trumpaloo.   O likes to suggest that because he thinks it aggravates me, others just like to fling stuff to fling it.  So - I'll invite you to ask if you've got a question about what I'm saying or why, and as always, folks are free to accept or refute what I say, I'll only get aggravated when someone tries to assign a position to me that I don't hold. 

On 2/18/2020 at 9:34 AM, atyourcervix said:

Most of those are bad things 

3 minutes ago, Gouvernail said:

You left out telling more lies than any POTUS  in history and hopelessly dividing our country with his childish statements. 

keep quoting me here.  It makes it even more glorious!

• Downvote 1

Jesus, Gouv.  Why do you have to lend credence to that laundry list of bullshit "accomplishments" by quoting the troll?

• Like 1

it appears malarkey is on the edge of another manic episode.  Timeout time again?

I just love the Hillary thing to get everyone worked up.  Bloomberg's trolls are definitely hitting the ground running, and more than a few morans fell for it. 

2 hours ago, MR.CLEAN said:

it appears malarkey is on the edge of another manic episode.  Timeout time again?

This place would be a lot quieter until he found a few new socks to deploy. It would also be a lot smarter.

4 hours ago, atyourcervix said:

keep quoting me here.  It makes it even more glorious!

Consider my quotes of your pointless posts are an attempt to facilitate your efforts to appear as a truly magnificent dumbass. 

3 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

Jesus, Gouv.  Why do you have to lend credence to that laundry list of bullshit "accomplishments" by quoting the troll?

See above... 

I don’t want his assholery to go unrecognized for its truly superlative  antiquality 

• Downvote 1

10 hours ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

she was consistently dismissive, acting like she was the smartest person in the room, and intolerant of everyone who was't in line with her priorities. 

Gee - who does that remind me of?

But she wasn't a quasi-Fascist criminal deadbeat and pathological liar so of course Trump was the lesser of evils.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

Gee - who does that remind me of?

But she wasn't a quasi-Fascist criminal deadbeat and pathological liar so of course Trump was the lesser of evils.

Yeah - Trump is worse. A lot worse. If I'd had a vote, I would have voted for Clinton. While holding my nose.

But it's still pretty sad that Clinton was so disliked that Trump managed to win. And spare me the 'years of lies & propaganda' bit - I don't get that sort of 'news' feed, mostly ABC & BBC and I still thought her a terrible candidate with a baggage train that would have done credit to Marie Antoinette. If she was the best that the Democrats could do - that's pretty sad.

It's even sadder that she didn't get over the line though. I really am coming around to the POV that the USA is heading for a major implosion soon.

FKT

• Like 1

On 2/19/2020 at 3:32 PM, Gouvernail said:
On 2/19/2020 at 12:11 PM, Bus Driver said:

See above... 

I don’t want his assholery to go unrecognized for its truly superlative  antiquality 

But, think of the bandwidth necessary to share that drivel.