Jules

Don't MoveTo Florida

9 hours ago, roaming_wayne said:

Nobody wants to close the border.  Immigrants have made this country. It's about the rate of flow. There is a big difference between unrestricted immigration and manageable flow.

immigration is fine,  just sign everyone up to pay taxes to help cover the additional infrastructure..  set standards for the farms for the farm workers too..

2 minutes ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

immigration is fine,  just sign everyone up to pay taxes to help cover the additional infrastructure..  set standards for the farms for the farm workers too..

Hey, stop being sensible. Immigration is purely a black or white issue, totally good or totally bad.

5 hours ago, billy backstay said:

The only way anyone is getting my DNA is with a Court Order!!

So - you're an incel, then?

FKT

4 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:
5 hours ago, billy backstay said:

So - you're an incel, then?

FKT

LOL, assumptiones assumptiones........                          :)

interesting thought, with all the swabs that's being taken for covid,  how many are being sent to the the dna databases?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

interesting thought, with all the swabs that's being taken for covid,  how many are being sent to the the dna databases?

Possible but at least here in Australia, not legal so I doubt it'd happen. Already other ways to DNA profile a huge percentage of the population and that's never happened either.

FKT

10 hours ago, Snaggletooth said:

LOL, assumptiones assumptiones........                          :)

The noted State Police Pathologist, Dr. Henry Lee told a friend of ours who is a retired State Police Trooper, to never, ever give anyone his DNA without a Court Order.  Good advice!!

What's an "incel"?

INvoluntary CELibate.

Think VWAP and his elk.

I guess they missed this thread.. 1,000 a day arriving and housing sales, remodeling and new construction is booming!

All I can do is that they leave their failed political philosophy behind, because that is what they are fleeing from. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, BravoBravo said:

I guess they missed this thread.. 1,000 a day arriving and housing sales, remodeling and new construction is booming!

All I can do is that they leave their failed political philosophy behind, because that is what they are fleeing from. 

Kind of the Irony , is that their leaving with state funded pension of " New Jersey" ( police , firemen, state workers etc.) so what happen when these states can't fund these pensions anymore? I heard NJ just added a 10cent sales taxes on gas. to stay a float. and with the feds keep printing money ( FIAT) for the Ponzi scheme stock market we're in . That will cause what for the economy?. And they ( money guys) said where in ashaped recovery which is good for the rich 1%ers but sucks for the rest

And then you have all  the pollution that is being induced by over building (from farming golf courses, sewage runoff),  , Lake O will start dumping millions of gallons of water full of all kinds of toxic algae this week

https://www.tcpalm.com/story/news/local/indian-river-lagoon/health/2019/10/21/cdc-study-lake-okeechobee-toxic-algae-bloom/4054980002/

And my big problem HOA's which make Hitler, look like a nice guy!

2 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

INvoluntary CELibate.

Think VWAP and his elk.

What is VWAP doing to/with an elk?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Not for nothing said:

And then you have all  the pollution that is being induced by over building (from farming golf courses, sewage runoff),  , Lake O will start dumping millions of gallons of water full of all kinds of toxic algae this week

https://www.tcpalm.com/story/news/local/indian-river-lagoon/health/2019/10/21/cdc-study-lake-okeechobee-toxic-algae-bloom/4054980002/

hey   god keeps sending storms to clean up that state, doesn't seem to work..

3 minutes ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:
3 hours ago, Not for nothing said:

hey   god keeps sending storms to clean up that state, doesn't seem to work..

Butte howe dose that helpe withe the Arryan HOA?

OK , Latest fun fact, as we speak, The whole coast from Miami to Jacksonville is is under 2 feet of water, That includes every thing connect to the ocean , bays , harbors  the "Ditch"

all docks , marina's boat ramps and some road ways.image.jpeg.b5c5b15f05e605fa623563cdb441541c.jpegThis marina is on the St Lucie river about 5 miles from the ocean

https://www.wpbf.com/article/hurricane-teddy-high-tide-cycle-causing-flooding-concerns/34103275

https://www.actionnewsjax.com/weather/noreaster-brings-dangerous-surf-minor-flooding/7UT3MGAA7JHJZJKUBDDAZPAXAQ/

Seems like some new moon tide ,a strong breeze 30 kts out of the east and some hurricane a thousand miles a way.

But NO global warming! That a hoax!

1 hour ago, Not for nothing said:

OK , Latest fun fact, as we speak, The whole coast from Miami to Jacksonville is is under 2 feet of water, That includes every thing connect to the ocean , bays , harbors  the "Ditch"

all docks , marina's boat ramps and some road ways.image.jpeg.b5c5b15f05e605fa623563cdb441541c.jpegThis marina is on the St Lucie river about 5 miles from the ocean

https://www.wpbf.com/article/hurricane-teddy-high-tide-cycle-causing-flooding-concerns/34103275

https://www.actionnewsjax.com/weather/noreaster-brings-dangerous-surf-minor-flooding/7UT3MGAA7JHJZJKUBDDAZPAXAQ/

Seems like some new moon tide ,a strong breeze 30 kts out of the east and some hurricane a thousand miles a way.

That caused sustained winds in the high teens with gusts up close to 30 knots here yesterday, causing me to go sailing. It was exciting!

When I returned, the extremely low water had the really slick parts of the boat ramp out of water and I wound up crawling around on hands and knees to drag my boat onto concrete so it wouldn't blow away while I went to get the car.

2 hours ago, Not for nothing said:

Western shore of the Chesapeake running about 1.3' above predictions after 3 days of moderate NE winds so it's not just FL.    

If a sharknado happened tomorrow, I wouldn't be the least surprised.  

Strange times we're living in.  I'm too old for all this weird shit.  Just when I'm really enjoying my mostly stress free retired life, the world starts to break the furniture and shit the bed.  Can't is just wait a few more years?  

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Innocent Bystander said:

Western shore of the Chesapeake running about 1.3' above predictions after 3 days of moderate NE winds so it's not just FL.    

you mean , there's more H2O to go around,

need pix's or it doesn't count

On 9/19/2020 at 11:52 AM, SloopJonB said:

INvoluntary CELibate.

Think VWAP and his elk.

VWAPS threads with pics of Trans women with crotch bulges, or grossly genormous mammaries should be labeled with the warning, NSFH!!

Not Safe For Humans!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Not for nothing said:

you mean , there's more H2O to go around,

need pix's or it doesn't count

Pics are not worth it. Take a couple of feet or so to get to the streets.  While sea level is rising and the land in this part of the country is slowly subsiding, out tidal variations above and below predictions is more related to the shallow bowl effect of sustained winds pushing water up and down and across the bay. Average depth of the Chesapeake is about 21’ with 25% of the surface less than 6 feet.  

28 minutes ago, Innocent Bystander said:

Pics are not worth it. Take a couple of feet or so to get to the streets.  While sea level is rising and the land in this part of the country is slowly subsiding, out tidal variations above and below predictions is more related to the shallow bowl effect of sustained winds pushing water up and down and across the bay. Average depth of the Chesapeake is about 21’ with 25% of the surface less than 6 feet.  

interesting article about Tangier island, think there's a couple others on the bay , what's the one that completely sank? 

https://grist.org/article/on-a-sinking-island-climate-science-takes-a-back-seat-to-the-bible/

8 hours ago, Not for nothing said:

You guys really need better ocean management....

1 hour ago, Liquid said:

The ocean doing just fine, it's that land thing is the problem. it keeps getting in the way of where the water wants to be, watch  "Waterworld"

Waterworld - Wikipedia

15 minutes ago, Not for nothing said:

The ocean doing just fine,

it's that land thing is the problem. 

Is it, 'the ocean' is doing just fine? Really? Are micro plastics and coral bleaching fake news to you?

You're right about the land tho, it's on FIRE!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Not for nothing said:

interesting article about Tangier island, think there's a couple others on the bay , what's the one that completely sank? 

https://grist.org/article/on-a-sinking-island-climate-science-takes-a-back-seat-to-the-bible/

On the western side of the middle Bay, from Tangier in the South to Poplar Island on the North, islands turn to islets and then to marshes and shoals as erosion, storms and higher water levels, from subsidence and rising sea levels take their toll. We are on the alluvial plain, grown in mud and clay carved out by glaciers and built of sediments and runoff. No rock to lend a veneer of permanence. When sea levels were a few hundred feet higher, we were the continental shelf to the Rocky piedmont shore. We find Megaladon shark’s teeth and whale fossils in the cliffs from those days along present day shoreline. When they were 50-100 feet lower, we were the Susquehanna River valley.  

Probably best to say that man made climate change is but one of the factors remapping the shoreline. 

1 hour ago, Liquid said:

Is it, 'the ocean' is doing just fine? Really? Are micro plastics and coral bleaching fake news to you?

You're right about the land tho, it's on FIRE!

a great philosopher, once said the earth is fine; 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Not for nothing said:

a great philosopher, once said the earth is fine; 

Hold my beer while I go get a shovel to help you bury your head in the sand!

7 hours ago, Liquid said:

Well duh.  All kinds of debris settles on the bottom of the ocean thereby displacing the water, and causing the sea level to rise.

They need to rake the ocean floor, that will solve the problem.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Innocent Bystander said:

We have a weird thing where Kent Island is getting flooded too deep for me to drive out of my driveway with heavy rain that would not have done this in the past. WTF?? I even had to drag my dinghy up to my front door to keep it from cruising off on its own :o

Sandbags are now a permanent fixture on the great lakes and seemingly every single pond in the midwest that shares the water table.  My buddies with the sea wall company up in algonac are making millions!

1 hour ago, MR.CLEAN said:

Sandbags are now a permanent fixture on the great lakes and seemingly every single pond in the midwest that shares the water table.  My buddies with the sea wall company up in algonac are making millions!

My neighbor across the street owns a restaurant on the lake in Leland, MI.  Things are getting dicey there.  I told him to lobby to have Chicago open the locks to lower the lake level.  Then his restaurant is saved and the Chicago river gets cleaned out.  Win-Win! 

13 hours ago, Liquid said:

Hold my beer while I go get a shovel to help you bury your head in the sand!

Carlin was right - the planet will shrug us off and be back to normal in a century or two.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

Carlin was right - the planet will shrug us off and be back to normal in a century or two.

mother earth will be here long after all the mammals have died off...  and then finally,  thousands of years of peace..

Governor Desantis came to the rescue of students who are being expelled for holding parties in violation of university policies.  He is creating a college "bill of rights."

"I think it's dramatically draconian that a student could get expelled for going to a party.  That's what college kids do," Desantis said.

Desantis is also moving to block any attempts to closing restaurants since there's little evidence doing so slows the spread of COVID.

Gotta love Florida!

47 minutes ago, Jules said:

Governor Desantis came to the rescue of students who are being expelled for holding parties in violation of university policies.  He is creating a college "bill of rights."

"I think it's dramatically draconian that a student could get expelled for going to a party.  That's what college kids do," Desantis said.

Desantis is also moving to block any attempts to closing restaurants since there's little evidence doing so slows the spread of COVID.

Gotta love Florida!

Government of the Frat Boys by the Frat Boys.

2 hours ago, Jules said:

Gotta love Florida!

We do?

I think I'll stick with disdain & contempt, thanks.

On 9/23/2020 at 2:55 PM, Grande Mastere Dreade said:
On 9/23/2020 at 12:43 PM, SloopJonB said:

mother earth will be here long after all the mammals have died off...  and then finally,  thousands of years of peace..

Couple million, you mean.

The problem is, we're killing a LOT of shit on our way out. The next evolutionary cycle will be base on the bugs that eat plastic. Dunno how far it will get, do you think in 5 or 8 hundred million years, there will be any possible trace of human civilization that the next guys will find and go "huh, wonder what the fuck made -this-"

- DSK

On 9/19/2020 at 3:09 AM, Fah Kiew Tu said:

Possible but at least here in Australia, not legal so I doubt it'd happen. Already other ways to DNA profile a huge percentage of the population and that's never happened either.

FKT

it wasn't legal for the NSA in the US to monitor all cell phone / text messages..   but they did...    it wasn't legal to murder government leaders, but the CIA did...  

2 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

We do?

I think I'll stick with disdain & contempt, thanks.

Hysterical laughter works for me.

10 hours ago, SloopJonB said:
13 hours ago, Jules said:

Gotta love Florida!

We do?

For the entertainment value.

It ain't just a feeling.

On 9/26/2020 at 11:05 AM, ancientseawolf said:

...so I can feel so smart huddled over a fire in northern climes as the snow piles up.

This might help...

As infection numbers begin to rise again, and as deaths continue to mount, the Florida governor has opened the entire state up, back to pre-COVID days.

This guy is so focused on pleasing Trump he's willing to allow the virus to spread freely because, to Trump, an open economy will save his reelection.  Desantis doesn't understand things like this will almost guarantee COVID will be renamed the Trump Virus.

9 minutes ago, Jules said:

This might help...

As infection numbers begin to rise again, and as deaths continue to mount, the Florida governor has opened the entire state up, back to pre-COVID days.

This guy is so focused on pleasing Trump he's willing to allow the virus to spread freely because, to Trump, an open economy will save his reelection.  Desantis doesn't understand things like this will almost guarantee COVID will be renamed the Trump Virus.

"Trumpenflu" has a nice ring to it.

On 9/26/2020 at 11:05 AM, ancientseawolf said:

...so I can feel so smart huddled over a fire in northern climes as the snow piles up.

Without brain eating amoebas 

4 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

"Trumpenflu" has a nice ring to it.

Trump has earned the right to be memorialized for his part in this pandemic.  And I support any efforts to that end.

5 minutes ago, Jules said:

Trump has earned the right to be memorialized for his part in this pandemic.  And I support any efforts to that end.

Being remembered in perpetuity as the worst POTUS ever not good enough for you?

4 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

Being remembered in perpetuity as the worst POTUS ever not good enough for you?

No, because he'll just brush that off as fake news.  I think everyone calling his China virus the Trump virus would really get under his skin.

28 minutes ago, Jules said:

No, because he'll just brush that off as fake news.  I think everyone calling his China virus the Trump virus would really get under his skin.

To beat little don, mock him/it.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/26/opinion/sunday/trump-politics-humor.html

• Like 1

this is bordering PA material. just sayin'...

Well according to my bar fly friends, the virus is over and the  bars are packed, no masks or social distance , happy days are here again

lets see, in a month the infection went from 598,000 to over 700,000, death count 10200 to 14030, 

Well according to my bar fly friends, the virus is over and the  bars are packed, no masks or social distance , happy days are here again

lets see, in a month the infection went from 598,000 to over 700,000, death count 10200 to 14030, 

Keep up the good work.

Darwin is really putting in a lot of O/T in the States these days.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

Darwin is really putting in a lot of O/T in the States these days.

The election cycle does bring out the wierdos on both political sides.

Florida... being Florida, does provide the world with limitless entertainment.

You should move there @SloopJonB!  BC will be cold and wet soon.  I will put in a good word for you at the Peace Arch crossing.

Now now... I don't want to hear any of that talk about "never leaving Canada"  and   "Florida?  Are you kidding me" nonsense.

Start packing.   I will keep your cars and boats in good order.

1 hour ago, Laurent said:

i'm not afraid of the brain eating amoeba in texas,  there aren't enough brains in the state to support an epidemic..

• Like 5

2 hours ago, BravoBravo said:

50BB1C69-9924-4872-A81E-ED96FFB8686D.jpeg

too late I'm already here!, also I'm seeing less T/P signs and more Biden signs, the times there are a changing

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BravoBravo said:

50BB1C69-9924-4872-A81E-ED96FFB8686D.jpeg

too late I'm already here!, also I'm seeing less T/P signs and more Biden signs, the times there are a changing

That's an obvious fake, all the words are spelled correctly.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Not for nothing said:

Same here.  In 2016 you couldn't find a Hillary sign and Trump signs were everywhere.  Now it's almost even between Trump and Biden signs but the total number of signs is way down.  Maybe people plan to vote for Trump but are too embarrassed to broadcast it.

• Like 2

There is hope yet for Florida to turn blue......

41 minutes ago, Jkdubz808 said:

There is hope yet for Florida to turn blue......

Unfortunately, that'll literally be true when the ocean overruns it shortly thereafter. 

4 hours ago, Blue Crab said:

The diving will be great downtown.

Dive bar?

• Like 2

Another Desantis special...

Of the 67 counties in Florida, only 13 have COVID testing sites. 

That's one way to keep the numbers down.

Not only am I not moving to Florida, I think I’ll boycott Florida orange juice.  
'I will never love another president again': Republican congressman mocked for sycophantic Trump message

https://www.yahoo.com/news/never-love-another-president-again-144944058.html

1 hour ago, jerseyguy said:

Not only am I not moving to Florida, I think I’ll boycott Florida orange juice.  
'I will never love another president again': Republican congressman mocked for sycophantic Trump message

https://www.yahoo.com/news/never-love-another-president-again-144944058.html

Matt Gaetz is the embodiment of getting the government you deserve. 

7 minutes ago, IStream said:

Isn't his name spelled Gay - etz?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, IStream said:

Don't forget Rick Scott. After making millions bilking the health care system, he moved to politics and enjoyed two terms as Florida governor and then got elected senator. 

1 hour ago, Jules said:

Don't forget Rick Scott. After making millions bilking the health care system, he moved to politics and enjoyed two terms as Florida governor and then got elected senator. 

I wasn't implying that Gaetz was your only shitty politician, just that he's a special kind of shitty. Scott's just the normal kind of shitty, albeit turned up to 11.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:

I'll never love another FL politician.

I was born and raised in Chicago and lived there 64 years.  We always heard how Chicago and Illinois politicians are the most corrupt in the nation.  Five years in Florida has convinced me otherwise.

43 minutes ago, Jules said:

I was born and raised in Chicago and lived there 64 years.  We always heard how Chicago and Illinois politicians are the most corrupt in the nation.  Five years in Florida has convinced me otherwise.

What is better, corrupt or inept.

Either are problematic.  The former is just more predictable.  West coast cities have the inept title locked in.

If it weren't for the bugs (yes... insects), I think Florida has a lot going for it.

Sure there is a windy day here and there, but FloridaMan is all over the planet.  The USA just does a fantastic job of trotting him out on display for the world to enjoy on YouTube.

Just talk to some fellow boaters , and it seems termites love Balsa core?

2 hours ago, Jules said:

Political corruption in Floriduh has been a theme for novelists as long as I can remember.

I read in the local paper today, we are experiencing a serious crime spree.

PUNTA GORDA — For some residents in Punta Gorda, theft of fruit from their trees is becoming more and more of a problem in their neighborhoods.

In Punta Gorda Isles — a mostly waterfront community in the city — the unauthorized harvesting has gotten so bad that some homeowners are opting to cut down their trees to prevent strangers from stealing, according to PGI resident Roland Ziegler.

“We have a mango, an avocado, a starfruit, an orange tree, plus some pineapples,” Ziegler wrote in a recent letter to the Sun. “The theft of our fruits have been increasing in the last years.”

I suppose it should have also been mentioned rats are attracted to fruit, too.  That's what stopped us from planting a much needed margarita lime tree.

11 minutes ago, Jules said:

I suppose it should have also been mentioned rats are attracted to fruit, too.  That's what stopped us from planting a much needed margarita lime tree.

Raetz

Perfect "get offa my lawn" - cut them down rather than let people have the fruit.

Had a similar situation where I grew up - a shortcut through an apple orchard cut several hundred yards off the uphill climb walking home when I was a kid.

Naturally a few apples got eaten along the footpath.

The owner spent untold $thousands to install an 8' chain link fence around the orchard to keep people from cutting across.

Being an asshole can be expensive.

• Like 1

On 10/7/2020 at 7:48 AM, Jules said:
On 10/7/2020 at 3:44 AM, Quotidian Tom said:

I was referring to state supported testing sites.

Perhaps saying what you meant or providing a source would have been a good idea.

You can get tested for free at CVS in PG, among other places. Looks like the private sector is doing way more than government again.

16 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

Perfect "get offa my lawn" - cut them down rather than let people have the fruit.

Had a similar situation where I grew up - a shortcut through an apple orchard cut several hundred yards off the uphill climb walking home when I was a kid.

The owner spent untold $thousands to install an 8' chain link fence around the orchard to keep people from cutting across.

Aww, pity that trespassing thieves aren't better tolerated by property owners, huh?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Quotidian Tom said:

Aww, pity that trespassing thieves aren't better tolerated by property owners, huh?

Feeling a little crabby there Tom?   

When I was a teen the back yard of our house ended on a golf course.  It was about 300' from the back of the house to the course.  We had some fruit trees back there, apples, pears, plums and peaches.  The peaches were incredibly good, especially given the cold climate on the Lake Erie shoreline in NW PA.  One summer day, the 2 or 3 peach trees, which weren't very big., were laden with nice, sweet, ripe peaches.  It was a nice summer Sunday and we were going to the beach for a picnic, and left in the mid morning.  When we came home in the early evening, there wasn't a peach left on any of the trees.  We figure the golfers coming off of the 16th green and heading to the 17th tee, saw the peaches and couldn't resist.  Maybe some of the earlier golfers left word in the clubhouse about it.  

We are a little miffed for a few minutes and then we just laughed about it and we knew the golfers had to have enjoyed the peaches.  

We lived in that house many more  years and never put up a fence, no signs, and we cut the peach trees down some years later because they died.  

@Jules  We never had a rat problem, in spite of a lot of apples lying on the ground in the fall.  We did have a German Shepard problem with the apples though.  Our Sheppard loved to eat the half rotten apples lying on the ground.  She ate as many as she could get away with.  With the expected result, usually in the cellar of our house.  It wasn't pleasant.

• Like 2

On 10/8/2020 at 1:32 PM, SloopJonB said:

Imagine of the "stolen fruit" is being picked by people who simply hungry.  It's not like we're in the greatest employment expansion in the history of the world, so it's possible. 

Sports Fans Can Pack Florida Stadiums to Full Capacity Due to DeSantis Ruling

Earlier this week, Governor Ron DeSantis lifted attendance restrictions at sporting events in the Sunshine State as part of Phase 3 of Florida’s re-opening amid the COVID-19 crisis.

That means venues in the state, including the stadiums of three NFL teams and many college football teams, can be packed to full capacity.