Sign in to follow this  
dylan winter

Stone gets three years plus a bit - will he serve much of it

first weekend in November ...he'll walk

Judge Berman was pretty forthright in her sentencing, which is actually 40 months in jail, 2 years supervised release, and a $20,000 fine.

Judge Amy Berman Jackson dismissed the arguments, repeatedly aired by Trump’s allies on cable news and on Twitter, that Roger Stone is being punished for his political views.

“He was not prosecuted, as some have complained, for standing up for the president,” Berman said. “He was prosecuted for covering up for the president.”

5 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

That ones easy. “Discipline”

what is the rest of the sneaker story

21 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Spin it up, bullshitters.  

87022544_10156798805761651_7347838287744

Georgia? Black male teen? Kid is lucky he didn’t get the death penalty, or worse 

The best part of it is that accepting the pardon means admission of guilt under Burdick v. U.S., so even if he is pardoned, we still get the fun of rubbing the admission in the faces of bullshitters just because...and especially if they spout the dipe stite bullshit about him being set up. Good times. 

6 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

The best part of it is that accepting the pardon means admission of guilt under Burdick v. U.S., so even if he is pardoned, we still get the fun of rubbing the admission in the faces of bullshitters just because...and especially if they spout the dipe stite bullshit about him being set up. Good times. 

I've seen the argument made that by sentencing within Barr's guidelines, the judge made a pardon much more difficult politically.

Basically, though she went to the high end, she still was within the range the administration asked for. So why should they pardon him?

Not that Trump is that subtle, but it will give his handlers something to sweat about.

Meh...

McCabe zero years 

Brennan zero years

Clapper zero Years

Comey zero Years

Hillary zero Years

Bill zero Years

Lois Lerner zero years

Eric Holder zero years

Adam Schiff Zero Years

EVERY ONE OF THESE PEOPLE EITHER LIED TO CONGRESS OR DOJ OFFICIALS.

16 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

I've seen the argument made that by sentencing within Barr's guidelines, the judge made a pardon much more difficult politically.

Basically, though she went to the high end, she still was within the range the administration asked for. So why should they pardon him?

Not that Trump is that subtle, but it will give his handlers something to sweat about.

Oh the Susan Collins types will fret but what are they going to do about it? Nothing. They’ll circle the wagons because they are scared, stupid, spiteful creatures and the democRats are evil.

Trump will time it when he needs a boost among the faithful. And boost him it will.

Stone is going to have his deepest, darkest fantasies fulfilled. He won’t want the pardon.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, dylan winter said:

So,

is Stone a traitor.

Dylan

It depends on your point of view. To the Republican Party? No, he's a hero. He has always put The Party first, for going on fifty years now. To the country? Sure, but what's more important, the country or the GOP? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

Stone is going to have his deepest, darkest fantasies fulfilled. He won’t want the pardon.

My.  That's a big one. 

black rooster.jpg

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, atyourcervix said:

Meh...

McCabe zero years 

Brennan zero years

Clapper zero Years

Comey zero Years

Hillary zero Years

Bill zero Years

Lois Lerner zero years

Eric Holder zero years

Adam Schiff Zero Years

could you post credible citations for all of  the above - it would be a most entertaining evening to follow them up

• Like 1

Lois Lerner didn't testify so she didn't have the opportunity to lie to Congress. She invoked her Fifth Amendment privilege (although Boehner tried to argue that she waived her right). But she wanted to testify and asked for immunity for her testimony which would have been under oath but Republicans wouldn't give a Republican appointed mid level manager immunity. For some reason. No charges were ever filed by the DOJ and then Shitstain's DOJ declined to reopen the case.

Perhaps some of our elk can explain why House Republicans wouldn't give a cog in the machine immunity in order to find out what the Kenyan was obviously doing.

BTW, House Republicans passed a Contempt of Congress citation for her. It was introduced by Darrell Issa, currently unemployed.

3 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

Lois Lerner didn't testify so she didn't have the opportunity to lie to Congress. She invoked her Fifth Amendment privilege (although Boehner tried to argue that she waived her right). But she wanted to testify but asked for immunity for her testimony which would have been under oath but Republicans wouldn't give a Republican appointed mid level manager immunity. For some reason. No charges were ever filed by the DOJ and then Shitstain's DOJ declined to reopen the case.

Perhaps some of our elk can explain why House Republicans wouldn't give a cog in the machine immunity in order to find out what the Kenyan was obviously doing.

Deep State Man!

This brings us to the differences between legislative immunity and a pardon. They are substantial. The latter carries an imputation of guilt; acceptance a confession of it. 

Burdick v. U.S. 

Tell us how a confession equates to an exoneration, bullshitters? 

1 hour ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

My.  That's a big one. 

black rooster.jpg

That’s one bad ass looking rooster.

Now that the judge went with AG Barr’s recommended sentence the bullshitters are quickly changing the story line. 

This sentence shows how big the prosecutors,  that resigned overreached  with the 7-9 year  recommendation.  

2 hours ago, atyourcervix said:

Meh...

McCabe zero years 

Brennan zero years

Clapper zero Years

Comey zero Years

Hillary zero Years

Bill zero Years

Lois Lerner zero years

Eric Holder zero years

Adam Schiff Zero Years

And, how many of them have been convicted in a court of law? 

That is usually what occurs before a sentence is handed down.

You know that, right?

Maybe President Trump should order the DOJ to get on that.  Shirley they could find something.  This time.

1 hour ago, dylan winter said:

could you post credible citations for all of  the above - it would be a most entertaining evening to follow them up

And name the witnesses they threatened.

1 hour ago, dylan winter said:

Here's old Hillbeast lying right to America's face...  "Did you wipe your email server?" and she evasively replied, "Like with a cloth or something?"

Here's old Hillbeast's crew destroying more electronic evidence and James Comey saying it's totally cool!

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/apr/16/james-comey-thinks-its-normal-smash-old-cell-phone/

3 minutes ago, atyourcervix said:

shut up cunty mccuntface.

owned.

• Like 4

This one is for the bullshitters like @atyourcervix who prefer we incarcerate people before we try them.  As in "Lock her up!"

karma.jpg

5 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

This one is for the bullshitters like @atyourcervix who prefer we incarcerate people before we try them.  As in "Lock her up!"

How can you try someone if a partisan swamp creature doesn't want to prosecute?  Clinton was exonerated by the comey and the FBI who DIDN'T EVEN HAVE THE RIGHT TO EXONERATE ANYONE.  It was never his job to declare her guilty or innocent even though he clearly admitted she committed a crime but there was no intent.  

Just now, atyourcervix said:

How can you try someone if a partisan swamp creature doesn't want to prosecute?  Clinton was exonerated by the comey and the FBI who DIDN'T EVEN HAVE THE RIGHT TO EXONERATE ANYONE.  It was never his job to declare her guilty or innocent even though he clearly admitted she committed a crime but there was no intent.  

Why hasn't she been prosecuted for all these crimes she's committed?  I mean, her crimes go back decades and there have been several FBI Directors in those years.  We have had Congressional investigations.  Why no prosecutions?  Are the Republicans who are investigating her (Hello, Darrell Issa and Trey Gowdy, among others) fucking incompetent?

Surely with the amount of shit they've thrown at the wall, some should have stuck.

Meh...

McCabe zero years 

Brennan zero years

Clapper zero Years

Comey zero Years

Hillary zero Years

Bill zero Years

Lois Lerner zero years

Eric Holder zero years

Adam Schiff Zero Years

Has anyone on this list been convicted in a court of law Mr. Troll ?  

Just now, saxdog said:

Has anyone on this list been convicted in a court of law Mr. Troll ?  

No

Yeah, I asked him about that.  Funny how he ignored me.  Now, he'll ignore you.

Just now, Bus Driver said:

Yeah, I asked him about that.  Funny how he ignored me.  Now, he'll ignore you.

Incarcerating political enemies is a much easier in his country.

3 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

As Yakov Smirnov was known to utter, "What a Country!!"  

I am extremely embarasse to be an American in the Trump Era

• Like 1

Stone not "pardoned" but........ expected to be "Exonerated" by POTUS..... WTF?

The image of Judge Amy Berman Jackson that Roger Stone posted to Instagram

Of course Roger normally goes around placing celtic crosses over judges heads, of course he does.

4 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

My.  That's a big one. 

black rooster.jpg

what? ohhh...

6 hours ago, dylan winter said:

The price for telling lies has been set

pretty low bar  I think

D

Worked out well for the current UK prime minister so far hasn’t it?

You can see why it’s catching on   ;)

4 hours ago, Raz'r said:

Squeal like pig 

Which sock does this belong to??

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1

Stone “don’t have a doing time disposition.” He’ll never see the inside of a cell. 

4 minutes ago, mad said:

Coors Light?

I know some have mused it's Jack.  I disagree.  He was never vulgar.

13 minutes ago, mad said:

I'd have to check my old ignore list, Coors Light or Moderate? 

Who's particularly attached to the Like/Dislike thing?

Doesn't matter. 

8 hours ago, The Joker said:

Now that the judge went with AG Barr’s recommended sentence the bullshitters are quickly changing the story line. 

This sentence shows how big the prosecutors,  that resigned overreached  with the 7-9 year  recommendation. 

You're too fucking stupid to live.

Off to the phantom zone.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

18 hours ago, dylan winter said:

The price for telling lies has been set

pretty low bar  I think

D

Seems the judge agreed with Barr.

27 minutes ago, Dog said:

:lol: the fuck she did :lol:

there’s a great transcript you can read bullshitter, that’ll show this to be a lie, but that’s what you do - lie & bullshit

7 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

You're too fucking stupid to live.

Off to the phantom zone.

What a coward, Can’t handle the truth so you put your head in the sand. 
I believe this is the third or fourth time you have claimed to put me on ignore.  So we can add no integrity along  with coward and wimp to your profile 

Just now, The Joker said:

I believe this is the third or fourth time you have claimed to put me on ignore.  So we can add no integrity along  with coward and wimp to your profile 

:lol: Strong words sock puppet :lol:

38 minutes ago, Dog said:

Amazing how they ignore that.   They predicted the judge would ignore the changed recommendations and throw the book at him.   How about those guidelines bullshitters. 

He'll get a new trail l on appeal....tainted jury foreperson

he'll walk after that trail

5 minutes ago, The Joker said:

Pretty sure he also drinks soy milk, has a man bun, and watches Friends on Netflix.

19 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Careful Sol.  Always check your sources.  That teen got 5 years because it was reduced from a mandatory 10 years when he and a buddy pulled a gun on a person to steal his shoes.

1 hour ago, BravoBravo said:

He'll get a new trail l on appeal....tainted jury foreperson

he'll walk after that trail

What trail?

18 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

And, how many of them have been convicted in a court of law? 

That is usually what occurs before a sentence is handed down.

You know that, right?

Maybe President Trump should order the DOJ to get on that.  Shirley they could find something.  This time.

While your perseverance is to be admired, it should be noted you are trying to teach a tree stump to think.

2 hours ago, Grrr... said:

Careful Sol.  Always check your sources.  That teen got 5 years because it was reduced from a mandatory 10 years when he and a buddy pulled a gun on a person to steal his shoes.

Yeah, but he didn't fire the gun.  And if given the chance, he probably would have returned the shoes.  Therefore, no crime. 

10 hours ago, Grrr... said:

Every dog gets one bite. That source won’t get another.  Cherry picking is dogish. 

On 2/20/2020 at 11:19 AM, dylan winter said:

So,

is Stone a traitor.

Dylan

No, just a guy with something he thinks is dangerous up his sleeve who feels he has to lie about it, gets off intimidating witness, and seems to fancy himself an intellectual tough guy.  A poseur, in other words, kind of like all the stoners that  wanted to tour the US playing basketball to support Senator Scoop Jackson’s run for the presidency, except I believe Roger was lifting weights for Nixon in a homoerotic sort of vein.  

@Sol Rosenberg I think it's legit. There was only one gun. His buddy pulled the gun. The judge said:

“Maybe he’s the wrong person,” the judge said of Davis, emphasizing that whether or not Davis intended for anyone to pull a gun, he had obviously intended to take the shoes, since he had been the one who set up the meeting. “He’s the one with the shoes in his closet.”

https://www.ledger-enquirer.com/news/local/article212275254.html

https://www.theroot.com/georgia-teen-with-no-prior-record-sentenced-to-5-years-1826480462

11 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

What trail?

The trail of tears?