Sign in to follow this  
B.J. Porter

Warren's Flaying of Bloomberg leaves Roose Bolton Jealous

Anyone catch the debate last night? We missed most of it, but Elizabeth Warren basically ripped Bloomberg's face off, peeled off his skin and rolled him in salt.

It was a beautiful thing, and I hope it ends his ridiculous campaign soon.

• Like 1

Meh.  It was a pile on but he’s the best candidate.  Won’t phase his connection with voters who want to beat Trump.

13 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

Anyone catch the debate last night? We missed most of it, but Elizabeth Warren basically ripped Bloomberg's face off, peeled off his skin and rolled him in salt.

I watched it. I thought Bloomberg was ill prepared, but he kept his composure and kept plugging away. Warren was obnoxious and rude, and had to have her mike cut off several times. She continually interrupted almost everybody.

I am not a Bloomberg fan, but I am even less of a Warren fan now.

I don't think any of these people understand what they're up against and how to cope. And I also don't think any of them are persuasive enough to lead a Congress that does not share their vision. Yelling at people who disagree with you is not leadership.

- DSK

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

Meh.  It was a pile on but he’s the best candidate.  Won’t phase his connection with voters who want to beat Trump.

I thought so too...until last night. In any debate, Trump will roll right over him. If he can't defend himself against Elizabeth Warren, he has no life after Trump.

It was a shit show, they all were attacking Bloomberg, who eventually started punching back.   Buttigieg (spelling?) was the only one who was actually answering questions rather than lashing out at the others.  Unfortunately I doubt he will be the nominee.

1 minute ago, badlatitude said:

I thought so too...until last night. In any debate, Trump will roll right over him. If he can't defend himself against Elizabeth Warren, he has no life after Trump.

Except Trump can’t go after him on NDA’s, Taxes or stop and frisk.

4 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

Trump rolls right over.  He hates rejection.  All of his ignorance should be ignored.  There is only one way to train an animal.

But if he ever does something intelligent, rub his tummy.

Just now, Fakenews said:

Then you don't know Trump very well. That's the problem; no one knows how to cut him off at the knees. The Democrats need a Superman to destroy the Bizzaro with Kryptonite currently occupying the Oval Office.

5 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

Then you don't know Trump very well. That's the problem; no one knows how to cut him off at the knees. The Democrats need a Superman to destroy the Bizzaro with Kryptonite currently occupying the Oval Office.

When people are acting in a stupid manner, do not respond.  Little Don likes attention.  Ignore him.  He will come running with his tongue hanging out.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

Bloomberg would suppress the Dem turnout more than Hillary

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Clove Hitch said:

Of course.  Nothing like another New York billionaire to save the country.

Bloomberg is their latest hope for keeping the rich and corporate tax cuts.  DON"T FUCK WITH MY MONEY!!! 

But I'm trying to understand the "logic" that the guy who is getting the most votes and bringing out the most voters (Bernie) is a bad choice to be the nominee.

10 minutes ago, Clove Hitch said:

There is a party that says, for instance, if I gut your child and you criticize me, we're even.

There is a political party that is vastly different from little don.

If the voters can't perceive or won't be bothered or want to have their little pity party because their favorite didn't make the cut, they will reap what they sow. 

3 minutes ago, hasher said:

There is a party that says, for instance, if I gut your child and you criticize me, we're even.

There is a political party that is vastly different from little don.

If the voters can't perceive or won't be bothered or want to have their little pity party because their favorite didn't make the cut, they will reap what they sow. 

Ya, but Bloomberg isn't really of that party is he? 

2 minutes ago, Clove Hitch said:

Ya, but Bloomberg isn't really of that party is he? 

Bernie is not a party man.

At some point, I accept the better rather than hoping for the best.

I am a partisan.  I will vote for donald duck before I'd vote for the little don.  This is important.

1 hour ago, Fakenews said:

He's a shitty candidate, and a democrat of convenience. We're better than this.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steam Flyer said:

Warren was obnoxious and rude,

Weird how a lot of white men had this reaction to her.

Women, not so much. We have a massive double standard for how we expect women and men to act.

Last night when we got home we couldn't find a replay of the whole debate to watch. Maybe by tonight we might have one so we can see the whole thing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, badlatitude said:

I've always liked Warren's strength, aggression, and ideas.

It's one thing to troll Trump with $millions in negative ads. It's another thing entirely to stand on the stage next to him and punch back while he lies and hammers you.

I have no doubt Warren will do it, though I suspect a lot of men will hand-wring and find her "pushy" and "unlikable," and conservative women will despise her for her strength and being all rude to the men.

Jim Wright at Stonekettle posted this, I think it explains perfectly how everyone who is voting Democratic should act.

Look ...

I'm not going to vote for Bloomberg in the primaries. He's not my favorite candidate.

I'm going to vote for Elizabeth Warren, and if she doesn't make the cut, I'll support Pete Buttigieg.

But if the nominee is Biden or Bloomberg or Sanders, I'll vote for them in the general.

I am a single issue voter — get Donald Trump out of the White House ASAP, and by the largest majority in American history.

That's it.

But ... if you don't like Bloomberg (or any other candidate), that's fine with me. Tell me who you do like, what's good about them, why they're the best possible candidate for the nomination. That's the kind of discussion that builds enthusiasm for the entire slate of candidates.

But when you start dissing any candidate, you are doing the work of those who want to keep us polarized, divided, disorganized, and out of the White House.

Don't. Do. That.

We have only one chance to restore the rule of law in this country. Attacking other Democrats is not the way to do it.

I haven't unfriended anyone yet, but I'm starting to get genuinely annoyed by those who insist on doing the work of Russian trolls.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, hasher said:

I am a partisan.  I will vote for donald duck before I'd vote for the little don.  This is important.

Bernie and Bloomberg are both Democrats of Convenience.

I'd vote for either over the ongoing corruption shit-show we have now, but I don't much care for either.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

Warren was obnoxious and rude,

Weird how a lot of white men had this reaction to her.

Women, not so much. We have a massive double standard for how we expect women and men to act.

Well, I'm just going on how many times she interrupted others and shouted them down. I kept expecting the moderators to cut off her mike, and they did once maybe twice.

Raising difficult questions is one thing, being deliberately offensive is another. Save that for Trump... but I don't think Senator Liz has what it takes to make Trump break down and cry. She didn't even do that good a job on Bloomberg. He was cool as a cucumber.

She has done some great work, I am a fan of the CFPB. And I like some of her ideas/plans. She is not persuasive though. And if elected, she is going to either need to go along with what the people behind the scenes tell her (like Trump does), or persuade Congress to try it her way. Obama was far more persuasive and look how far he got. FWIW I think Bernie is worse in that regard.

We elect a President to do more than stand on a tub and shout about their great ideas.

- DSK

2 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

We elect a President to do more than stand on a tub and shout about their great ideas.

True, but unfortunately that's how we elect them.

3 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Raising difficult questions is one thing, being deliberately offensive is another. Save that for Trump... but I don't think Senator Liz has what it takes to make Trump break down and cry. She didn't even do that good a job on Bloomberg. He was cool as a cucumber.

Cool as a cucumber? He was eye-rolling like a nervous stallion when the gelding guy shows up.

He didn't lose his cool, which is good for him. But he didn't really have any answers that made any sense. "I guess I told a joke they didn't like?" That makes him look like an asshole.

1 minute ago, B.J. Porter said:

Cool as a cucumber? He was eye-rolling like a nervous stallion when the gelding guy shows up.

He didn't lose his cool, which is good for him. But he didn't really have any answers that made any sense. "I guess I told a joke they didn't like?" That makes him look like an asshole.

Out of self-interest, I will give Bloomberg another chance. He was unprepared for the debate, the rest had many weeks to get ready. That doesn't excuse him at all for his piss poor performance. I do want to see if he has the stuff, we will get to find out very shortly.

7 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

I think that was impatience, not nervousness. I'm not a Bloomberg fan, as I keep saying. Maybe it will sink in.

And I've already criticized him for being unprepared for the tax return question, which was an obvious one. He came off as condescending which is an odd thing for a guy who's stumbling thru a childish implausible explanation. Same with the NDA "explanation." He's full of shit.

But that doesn't make Warren look any better IMHO

- DSK

Good luck everybody.... poor choices galore.

If Women are Trumps Achilles heel in 2020, Bloomberg better pack his campaign kit right now.

Warren owned him. She wasn't nasty or aggressive, simply kicked him in the goolies :D

22 minutes ago, Keith said:

I really feel for the people in the USA who give a shit. I wouldn't vote for any of them, but I would vote against Trump even if the option is a chimpanzee on meth.

9 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

I really feel for the people in the USA who give a shit. I wouldn't vote for any of them, but I would vote against Trump even if the option is a chimpanzee on meth.

That chimp didn't grow a beard did he? :o

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hasher said:

I'll tell  you the  same thing I told my Democrat buddy a few years ago:  "If you guys nominate Hillary [Bloomberg], Trump will win.  Actual progressives can't stand her (him).  They won't turn out to vote for her (him) even against Trump."

Mind you, I'd vote for Bloomberg over Trump, but it won't be enough.   I really hope the Dems aren't stupid enough to nominate Bloomberg. 

I think that was impatience, not nervousness. I'm not a Bloomberg fan, as I keep saying. Maybe it will sink in.

And I've already criticized him for being unprepared for the tax return question, which was an obvious one. He came off as condescending which is an odd thing for a guy who's stumbling thru a childish implausible explanation. Same with the NDA "explanation." He's full of shit.

But that doesn't make Warren look any better IMHO

- DSK

Never said you were.

1 hour ago, Keith said:

Any of these candidates(Except Bloomberg) would in fact be a better choice than the current Resident. I say that disregarding my personal hatred of the man. He's worse qualified and has gained nothing from the last three years.

If you actually look at what he's done for the country in the last three years..it amounts to releasing some people from prison early. everything else appears to be either in chaos or being run by the public servants without any assistance from Trump.

What happened to his promises on infrastructure?

Trump is and was unfit for office .

Trump was and is unqualified for office.

Trump is unqualified to be a human being.

'money bags' blo0mburglar and 'shitstain' d0tard should be put in a cage with chainsaws and forced to fight to the death. 

1 hour ago, Shortforbob said:

Any of these candidates(Except Bloomberg) would in fact be a better choice than the current Resident. I say that disregarding my personal hatred of the man. He's worse qualified and has gained nothing from the last three years.

If you actually look at what he's done for the country in the last three years..it amounts to releasing some people from prison early. everything else appears to be either in chaos or being run by the public servants without any assistance from Trump.

What happened to his promises on infrastructure?

Trump is and was unfit for office .

Trump was and is unqualified for office.

Hey, we had (several) "Infrastructure Weeks"!

9 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

06FD610B-C7ED-479A-BBDA-B9418AAB65D9.jpeg

And this is exactly why I would never vote for Elizabeth Warren.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, animeproblem said:

Worked for me! I did vote for her.

Maybe the hour will produce the woman

This country desperately needs leadership now.

- DSK

5 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Maybe the hour will produce the woman

This country desperately needs leadership now.

- DSK

Leadership is saying that you don't approve of the way he handles himself.  Being an asshole is saying you smoked him like a piece pipe.

We need more leaders, and fewer assholes.  It bothers me that so many people applaud the asshole-ish-ness and can't see a real leader for what they are.  Would you want to work for a person who talked and acted like that, rather than being a professional, a consummate politician?  I know I sure wouldn't.

It seems like our younger generations in the States can't tell the difference between reasoned debate and "scoring points" off the other person, and believe the two things are the same.  All we need now is one of them jumping in to say "ok boomer" and the picture will be complete.  Hint:  Mic drops are stupid.

Scoring points by being an asshole doesn't make cooperation down the road possible.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Grrr... said:

Leadership is saying that you don't approve of the way he handles himself.  Being an asshole is saying you smoked him like a piece pipe.

We need more leaders, and fewer assholes.  It bothers me that so many people applaud the asshole-ish-ness and can't see a real leader for what they are.  Would you want to work for a person who talked and acted like that, rather than being a professional, a consummate politician?  I know I sure wouldn't.

It seems like our younger generations in the States can't tell the difference between reasoned debate and "scoring points" off the other person, and believe the two things are the same.  All we need now is one of them jumping in to say "ok boomer" and the picture will be complete.  Hint:  Mic drops are stupid.

It is not just the younger generation.  Before I retired a couple of years ago, there were some fresh graduate new hires that were informed, intelligent and competently educated.   Sort of helped with my retirement decision as I am a pre-computer Neanderthal.  From the people I know, it is the older generation that somehow thinks Trump's assholiness is an indication that he is a "tough guy" and would be able to stand up to the world's issues and yes "MAGA".  Thankfully we are aging out. 

Warren is old also but seems to have a lot of energy.  Maybe her stupid tweet was an attempt to tap into Trump's support that admires assholes.  It probably won't work for a female though.

Edited by bridhb
hit enter too soon

2 minutes ago, bridhb said:

It is not just the younger generation.  Before I retired a couple of years ago, there were some fresh graduate new hires that were informed, intelligent and competently educated.  

Fair enough.  I just wish there were more reasoning intelligent people out there.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Grrr... said:

Leadership is saying that you don't approve of the way he handles himself.

Being an asshole is saying you smoked him like a piece pipe.

We need more leaders, and fewer assholes.  It bothers me that so many people applaud the asshole-ish-ness and can't see a real leader for what they are.

Would you want to work for a person who talked and acted like that, rather than being a professional, a consummate politician?  I know I sure wouldn't.

DING DING DING winner winner chicken dinner

A top leader needs to be an asshole once in a while... preferably, only once in a great while... and IMHO is better defined by what questions they ask rather than how they answer questions. The whole debate-as-cage-match for entertainment has gotten out of hand.

Another important characteristic is who they surround themselves with. DO they choose yes-men and toadies? Do they want to reach good conclusions or do they want flattery... or mo'money?

I have about two weeks to pick.

- DSK

• Like 1

11 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

Bloomberg blew a great opportunity.  So what if he called someone a horse faced lesbian or a dumb broad?  How is that sexist?  It would be sexist if he only insulted men.  

3 minutes ago, jzk said:

Bloomberg blew a great opportunity.  So what if he called someone a horse faced lesbian or a dumb broad?  How is that sexist?  It would be sexist if he only insulted men.  

:lol:

You've got a point, actually....

- DSK

11 hours ago, Jkdubz808 said:

It was a shit show, they all were attacking Bloomberg, who eventually started punching back.   Buttigieg (spelling?) was the only one who was actually answering questions rather than lashing out at the others.  Unfortunately I doubt he will be the nominee.

It is unfortunate!  He strikes me as the best choice of all of them, but our Homophobic minority would never allow him to be elected POTUS.....

11 hours ago, Jkdubz808 said:

I agree - and hope you're wrong on the last point, he's the only one with a message about moving the country forward - everyone else is "'I'm not Trump" and that's about it. 

12 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

Warren was next on my list after Yang dropped out but I'm concerned that a vote for her would be just expressing my privilege, given her position in the polls.  Should I be consistent with my beliefs or follow what the pollsters tell me to do and pick the 'most likely to beat Trump'?

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/01/15/michael-bloomberg-seen-as-most-electable-democrat-in-betting-markets.html

6 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

So following polls is more important than conviction - PERFECT.  Thanks for the insight.

11 minutes ago, cmilliken said:

Warren was next on my list after Yang dropped out but I'm concerned that a vote for her would be just expressing my privilege, given her position in the polls.  Should I be consistent with my beliefs or follow what the pollsters tell me to do and pick the 'most likely to beat Trump'?

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/01/15/michael-bloomberg-seen-as-most-electable-democrat-in-betting-markets.html

I would urge you to vote your conscience. Pollsters are just another form of media shill.

- DSK

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

I would urge you to vote your conscience. Pollsters are just another form of media shill.

- DSK

I've done that all my life but I've been told that's selfish and expressing my privilege :(  

The infallible Jib will be along shortly to tell me the correct answer. 

1 minute ago, Steam Flyer said:

- DSK

My conscience would not vote for a steaming bag of flaming dogshit, but I will vote for that, if that's what the Dems nominate...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, cmilliken said:

So following polls is more important than conviction - PERFECT.  Thanks for the insight.

So making up positions to assign to people is more important than debate. Thanks for the insight.

I don’t see online prediction markets the same as polls. Smarkets has had a total of ~£850k bet on all candidates. Did the £80 wagered, total, on Michael Avenatti mean he was a serious candidate? What if that £80 was wagered by Avenatti?

9 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

If Women are Trumps Achilles heel in 2020, Bloomberg better pack his campaign kit right now.

That's what they said in 2016.

3 minutes ago, cmilliken said:

I've done that all my life but I've been told that's selfish and expressing my privileged :(  

It is the primaries...this is when you vote for who you agree with.  You vote to beat Trump in the general.

He's a shitty candidate, and a democrat of convenience. We're better than this.

Ya know- I agree with you on this.   WE collectively are, and I'd love for someone w/Pete's attitude to get the nomination - his approach is what we need to start to focus on easing the divisions and finding the willingness to work together on the things we all agree needs to happen. 

11 hours ago, badlatitude said:

Jim Wright at Stonekettle posted this, I think it explains perfectly how everyone who is voting Democratic should act.

Look ...

I'm not going to vote for Bloomberg in the primaries. He's not my favorite candidate.

I'm going to vote for Elizabeth Warren, and if she doesn't make the cut, I'll support Pete Buttigieg.

But if the nominee is Biden or Bloomberg or Sanders, I'll vote for them in the general.

I am a single issue voter — get Donald Trump out of the White House ASAP, and by the largest majority in American history.

That's it.

But ... if you don't like Bloomberg (or any other candidate), that's fine with me. Tell me who you do like, what's good about them, why they're the best possible candidate for the nomination. That's the kind of discussion that builds enthusiasm for the entire slate of candidates.

But when you start dissing any candidate, you are doing the work of those who want to keep us polarized, divided, disorganized, and out of the White House.

Don't. Do. That.

We have only one chance to restore the rule of law in this country. Attacking other Democrats is not the way to do it.

I haven't unfriended anyone yet, but I'm starting to get genuinely annoyed by those who insist on doing the work of Russian trolls.

THIS!!!!!  

• Like 1

Bernie and Bloomberg are both Democrats of Convenience.

But Bernie has, for his entire life, supported most of what the average person believes is what the Democratic Party is about.  Supporting the middle class, unions, campaign finance reform, human rights, worker's rights, social justice and a democratic republic. 

The problem is that party has changed a lot from the Bill Clinton days to the present.  It is no longer the party of the people.  There is no party of the people anymore.  That's why Trump gained popularity.  He sold the forgotten majority on the promise he will be their guy.  But it was all bullshit.

Bernie doesn't bullshit.  And he's fearless.  But big money hates him and is doing all they can to prevent him from ever being president.

3 hours ago, Grrr... said:

And this is exactly why I would never vote for Elizabeth Warren.

I took this to be a joke, not a real tweet of hers. I did a quick search of her twitter feed and could not find it there either. Is this actually a real tweet from her? Seems out of character. 

30 minutes ago, Jules said:

But Bernie has, for his entire life, supported most of what the average person believes is what the Democratic Party is about.  Supporting the middle class, unions, campaign finance reform, human rights, worker's rights, social justice and a democratic republic. 

The problem is that party has changed a lot from the Bill Clinton days to the present.  It is no longer the party of the people.  There is no party of the people anymore.  That's why Trump gained popularity.  He sold the forgotten majority on the promise he will be their guy.  But it was all bullshit.

Bernie doesn't bullshit.  And he's fearless.  But big money hates him and is doing all they can to prevent him from ever being president.

Bill Clinton, like Jimmy Carter, was a moderate from the south.  Arguing over the best health plan may be educational but it has a distant relationship to what will become law.

The Democratic Party needs the Senate, the House and the Presidency to get anything close to the priorities of the people.

Bob Dylan's best:  Money doesn't talk, it swears.  Get it out of the political system.

Most of us know, money is a means to an end.  We keep it in proportion to our other cares and desires.  But for some, money matters more than anything.  May they choke on their gold.

When people come together for the common good, we come out ahead in this political chaos.  I am more than happy for my neighbor to have a bigger house.  It is cause for my concern when my fellows aren't paid well or worse yet, they aren't working.  Obama's stats are much better than little don on job growth.  And we can do better on many fronts.

9 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

Trump is unqualified to be a human being.

Trump is a human being?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

Well, I'm just going on how many times she interrupted others and shouted them down. I kept expecting the moderators to cut off her mike, and they did once maybe twice.

She has done some great work, I am a fan of the CFPB. And I like some of her ideas/plans. She is not persuasive though. And if elected, she is going to either need to go along with what the people behind the scenes tell her (like Trump does), or persuade Congress to try it her way. Obama was far more persuasive and look how far he got. FWIW I think Bernie is worse in that regard.

- DSK

Agree about the moderators but Lester has made his preferences known before and it makes for a better tv reality shit show to have her waving  her arms and screaming like a scalping Cherokee. Yeah, that's 'presidential;  

She was a carnival barking clown and most of the attack points she made (even against Booty and  Kolby)  have already been debunked or were outright lies and misrepresentations.

But people who didnt even watch the entire 'debate' should not let facts get in the way of  some good sound bites 

What a bunch of frickin snowflakes - Warren went on the offensive and gee, men don't like it. Bernie yells at everyone and is popular.  I support and am voting for Warren as she is

1. Intelligent/qualified

2. Organized with detailed plans for anyone who cares

3. Eloquent

4. Not another old white guy

5.  The one candidate who would rip Trump's fat ass in a debate.

edit: Most important - she has been working for the middle class since winning her senate seat.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Cristoforo said:

Agree about the moderators but Lester has made his preferences known before and it makes for a better tv reality shit show to have her waving  her arms and screaming like a scalping Cherokee. Yeah, that's 'presidential;  

She was a carnival barking clown and most of the attack points she made (even against Booty and  Kolby)  have already been debunked or were outright lies and misrepresentations.

But people who didnt even watch the entire 'debate' should not let facts get in the way of  some good sound bites 

Only thing worse than a hysterical woman is an uppity black guy. 

• Like 2

Whoops...  I mean angry woman and arrogant black guy.  

I forgot to disguise it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, benwynn said:

How ‘bout a hysterical uppity black woman.  The ratings!

9 minutes ago, jerseyguy said:
12 minutes ago, benwynn said:

How ‘bout a hysterical uppity black woman.  The ratings!

Not "hysterical" but pretty goddam mad about the way things are

- DSK

• Like 1

1 hour ago, billy backstay said:

My conscience would not vote for a steaming bag of flaming dogshit, but I will vote for that, if that's what the Dems nominate...

Reality is, different elections are about different things. 2016 was about WE FUCKIN HATE-HATE-HATE DEMOCRATS & FAGGOTS & BROWN PEOPLE GODDAMMIT!!!!!

2020 might be about "We fuckin' HATE Trump" but I do not think that is a winning purpose to wrap the Democratic (and democracy) candidates in.

The primary is where you get to express an opinion about what candidate(s) you like. We have a Democratic Congressional race in which the Republican Party is bankrolling a black lady who otherwise seems like a good person and probably a good Congressman for us... I may vote for her in the primary, despite the fact that she's not favored by "the machine." It's VERY unlikely I will vote for the incumbent who replaced our former Republican Congressman, the late Walter B. Jones, whom I was very pleased to vote for every time he came up. The current guy is a Trumpublican mouse.

Priorities in a primary are different from priorities in a general election

- DSK

25 minutes ago, benwynn said:

If i was going to use  a characterization I would use one about women being poor at math.
All you have to do is look at her 'plans'  for that.
The best female candidate on that  stage is Klobuchar (or Booty should he re-identify)  

13 minutes ago, d'ranger said:

What a bunch of frickin snowflakes - Warren went on the offensive and gee, men don't like it. Bernie yells at everyone and is popular.  I support and am voting for Warren as she is

1. Intelligent/qualified

2. Organized with detailed plans for anyone who cares

3. Eloquent

4. Not another old white guy

5.  The one candidate who would rip Trump's fat ass in a debate.

Then vote for her.   I don't like several of her legislative priorities, and don't think that they're achievable, and will end up as costly boondoggles.  I don't think she can achieve the cooperation and support within her own party, much less reaching across the aisle, to accomplish even a little of what she proposes.  If she's got an idea about how to make that happen, I'd like to hear it - if viable, it might change my mind.   Right now, I think that Buttigieg has the best message, best approach, and most rational platform.   He's young and relatively inexperienced, and I think his 1st year will be a series of people in both parties cutting him off at the knees, but, I also suspect that he'd learn enough from that to improve his navigation of Congress and the Senate to progress his agenda.  Based upon conversations w/my kids and their friends, Pete's liked more than any of the old wrinkly folks.  I certainly hope that the party machine doesn't shut him out. 

5 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Reality is, different elections are about different things. 2016 was about WE FUCKIN HATE-HATE-HATE DEMOCRATS & FAGGOTS & BROWN PEOPLE GODDAMMIT!!!!!

2020 might be about "We fuckin' HATE Trump" but I do not think that is a winning purpose to wrap the Democratic (and democracy) candidates in.

The primary is where you get to express an opinion about what candidate(s) you like. We have a Democratic Congressional race in which the Republican Party is bankrolling a black lady who otherwise seems like a good person and probably a good Congressman for us... I may vote for her in the primary, despite the fact that she's not favored by "the machine." It's VERY unlikely I will vote for the incumbent who replaced our former Republican Congressman, the late Walter B. Jones, whom I was very pleased to vote for every time he came up. The current guy is a Trumpublican mouse.

Priorities in a primary are different from priorities in a general election

- DSK

Well said.

2 minutes ago, Cristoforo said:

If i was going to use  a characterization I would use one about women being poor at math.
All you have to do is look at her 'plans'  for that.
The best female candidate on that  stage is Klobuchar (or Booty should he re-identify)  

Yes, I think Clobuchar is 2nd best choice, after Mayor Pete...

Mayor Pete is a nice kid, but he doesnt yet have the chops or mgt experience..  If you look at his record in South Bend, it isnt terrific.
He would make a good VP, get some experience, and then try for president     

2 minutes ago, Cristoforo said:

Mayor Pete is a nice kid, but he doesnt yet have the chops or mgt experience..  If you look at his record in South Bend, it isnt terrific.
He would make a good VP, get some experience, and then try for president     

Let's talk about his record in SB - what specifically do you think he could have done better, given the circumstances when he was elected?  What did he not do that he should have?   What should he have done better/differently?  What should he have NOT focused on?   

Looking at the economy and attitudes present when he was elected, I think that he did a good job prioritizing, and a good job executing on those priorities.  Did everyone like what he chose?  Nope - but, there's both support and complaints across the spectrum - I haven't read anything that suggests he favored any particular group, nor ignored any particular group, and what  I've read so far indicates that he really did engage in the community, formed a good plan, and then executed against that plan.  

If you know of something different, I'd appreciate being squared away. 

31 minutes ago, billy backstay said:

Yes, I think Clobuchar is 2nd best choice, after Mayor Pete...

Pete is intelligent and well spoken but, as was said, doesn't have the chops yet.  But more importantly, right now, in the social climate that exists in this country, I don't see Pete being accepted simply because he's gay. 

Look at the criticism of Warren for doing the very same thing the men on stage did.  America still isn't ready for a female president.  How can we expect it to be ready for a gay man?  Though, it is possible America would prefer a gay man over any woman, but that's a bit speculative.

No matter how you look at it, whoever the Dems end up picking needs to be bulletproof against Trump.  Trump has the most diabolical minds in his camp, many of them highly intelligent.  They will feed him everything he needs to kneecap his opponent.  And he will gladly use it. 

Trump is in the fight of his life - for his freedom.  He believes he's going to jail the moment he leaves office.  He is a wounded bear and his opponent needs to be ready for anything.

5 minutes ago, Jules said:

He believes he's going to jail the moment he leaves office. 

On what do you base that opinion?  I certainly hope he does go to the slammer.....

Warren, Bloomberg, and Klobuchar have never lost politically before.  (Come to think on it, Trump hasn’t either, although he constantly seems to think he is the world’a  biggest loser.) None of them are handling the notion of losing very well.  Grace under pressure, at least to me, is important, especially for a president.  Although there’s always some asshole busting to say “you show me someone who shows grace in defeat, and I’ll show you a loser.”  But they are prissy martinets, at best.  Experience is important.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, billy backstay said:

On what do you base that opinion?  I certainly hope he does go to the slammer.....

Because he should.  At the end of the day, we all like to do right, be right and see right.

• Like 1

Just now, hasher said:

Because he should.  At the end of the day, we all like to do right, be right and see right.

The actions of the Trumpublicans in general belie that statement....

2 minutes ago, billy backstay said:

The actions of the Trumpublicans in general belie that statement....

denial is not just a river in Egypt

53 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:
58 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

...    ...  2016 was about WE FUCKIN HATE-HATE-HATE DEMOCRATS & FAGGOTS & BROWN PEOPLE GODDAMMIT!!!!!

...    ...    ...

Well said.

Same message, from a positive direction: "Rebuild the Federal Gov't as a responsive, responsible, agency for the benefit of the citizens; restore Constitutional principles to the highest elected office(s)"

A bit wordy. Needs the Madison Ave touch

- DSK

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Same message, from a positive direction: "Rebuild the Federal Gov't as a responsive, responsible, agency for the benefit of the citizens; restore Constitutional principles to the highest elected office(s)"

A bit wordy. Needs the Madison Ave touch

- DSK

‘Bang for the buck’ works for me.