Sign in to follow this  
Fat Point Jack

2020 Fishing Thread

Bummer, no Redfish On the Half Shell for me and Tom until May 31 2021.  FWC is protecting our resource from ourselves.  They are keeping Redfish, Snook & Trout closed to continue the recovery from the red tide now 2 years ago.

No changes in Snook season for us on the east coast.  The Redfish have been running kinda small this winter.  Last two I pulled in were around a foot long in the mangroves along the ICW.  Snook have been decent, I didn't get any in the slot but still good fun.  A few weeks ago before I left for work we had a good day for Spanish Mackerel in the shallow reefs just offshore.  came home with 4 good sized ones.  Hoping the offshore bite is better this summer then last summer.

1 minute ago, austin1972 said:

They're apparently getting a ton of perch at the cottage right now.

image.png.f30438b9af72fdc37622fc2e882e28a2.png

the best thing about ice fishing is seeing some of the shacks people build! some are quite fetching a very comfortable.

4 minutes ago, chester said:

the best thing about ice fishing is seeing some of the shacks people build! some are quite fetching a very comfortable.

I've never left one cold or sober...or skunked.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, austin1972 said:

They're apparently getting a ton of perch at the cottage right now.

image.png.f30438b9af72fdc37622fc2e882e28a2.png

I've always wanted to go ice fishing.  Some would call me crazy but I still wanna try it.  Someday.....

29 minutes ago, Jkdubz808 said:

I've always wanted to go ice fishing.  Some would call me crazy but I still wanna try it.  Someday.....

as Austin says, if you pick the right guy to go with it will a very comfortable experience.  some people go to great lengths to build the "shacks" furnaces, stoves, lights, sinks, berths.  in many cases fishing is the excuse to drink a beer and smoke dope in your shirt sleeves while being surrounded by the wintery landscape!

4CFDD737-7DD2-426D-94F7-1B588D32174E.thumb.jpeg.2615ca9f3223f58c88e92711629789db.jpeg88D36B59-47EF-4E26-9D95-A969674D75A4.thumb.jpeg.1a1012cf08113eeda6cf1870139fd8e6.jpeg01C09E01-57A2-4914-8552-3C70FFBBB2BF.thumb.jpeg.d9731d3dc29128f553d5e0a1ab4890c2.jpeg

Things good down here. 

Apart from working out how to turn the he photos. 

12 hours ago, Fat Point Jack said:

Bummer, no Redfish On the Half Shell for me and Tom until May 31 2021.  FWC is protecting our resource from ourselves.  They are keeping Redfish, Snook & Trout closed to continue the recovery from the red tide now 2 years ago.

Yeah, I saw that but the bolded part is right.

We've been out a few times this year and, well, I didn't start a thread, did I?

Spent last night on the boat in Turtle Bay and saw what must have been YUGE snook working the west side. On the way out this morning I saw a pelican airshow that was really something. Probably a couple of dozen of them in the little cut to the east of the mouth and they'd take off, climb maybe ten feet, dive, then do it again. So at least they're fishing successfully!

The baitfish in the ICW here on the east coast has been good this season so far.  The finger mullet run was awesome and made for some good dusk Snook outings in the rivers.  It brought the big ol' Tarpons in as well...but they didn't find my lures appetizing.  My old, loud ass two stroke finally died so I'm hoping my new quiet 4-stroke will allow me to sneak into the spots easier before deploying the electric motor.

Had 6 soldiers marching Sunset Beach stomping for razor clams. Bagged limits (15). Shared one raw. Good soldiers

39 degrees outside at the moment. That darn Jules caused a cold snap.

On a normal fishing day, I'd already be at the boat ramp. Here I am, hiding indoors, waiting for it to be warm enough to move my orchids back outside.

Glad I got the fishing boat all ready yesterday evening when it was reasonably warm.

9 hours ago, Plenipotentiary Tom said:

39 degrees outside at the moment. That darn Jules caused a cold snap.

On a normal fishing day, I'd already be at the boat ramp. Here I am, hiding indoors, waiting for it to be warm enough to move my orchids back outside.

Glad I got the fishing boat all ready yesterday evening when it was reasonably warm.

25 degrees outside here.

Oh yeah, that’s right, we use a proper scale. :lol:

Last week's fishing trip went well, in the sense that a bad day fishing is better than any day working.

I did see some amusing Jonanthan Livingston Pelican activity.

TBPelicansInverted.jpg

And got to fly my drone a bit.

VVbyTBOysters.jpg

I did get one spotted sea trout. They have to be at least 15" when we're allowed to keep them, so I'm pretty sure this one would have been thrown back even if the fishery were not closed.

TBTrout.jpg

Couple more pics here.

We stopped by to try our luck at an artificial reef in the harbor yesterday and right away my wife brought in a nice dinner-sized mangrove snapper.

I... uh... didn't.

March2020teenysnapper.jpg

That one was a monster compared to the one I caught next but she was getting a nibble and didn't have the patience to take a good picture. Still, you can see that my little hook looks like a gaff sticking out of its mouth. Not sure how it managed to get itself hooked at all.

March2020teeniersnapper.jpg

She's camera-shy but I did snap a pic of her fish when we got back home with it. 13.5 inches. They have to be 10 to be legal and about 12 to make me interested in keeping them.

SnapperDinner.jpg

Grandson is visiting and he and my wife caught a bunch of Mayan cichlids in the creek. They're invasive and you're not supposed to release them if you catch one so they're dinner. But he wasn't done. Down at the neighbors' dock for sunset, he caught a mangrove snapper that was almost keeping size, then caught a nice jack, then caught a keeper snapper. Little fucker has all the luck! I mostly catch catfish if anything down there.

So we're taking him out in the harbor tomorrow.

• Like 2

Went out last night looking for snook, not much out there over here. Got an 18-incher, some mangrove snappers and a sheep’s head. Otherwise slow night. Boat ran good. 

• Like 2

Man, I miss night fishing. Did a ton of it when I lived in Miami for a year. 

Meanwhile, the San Diego fleet I have been using for the last two years has been shut down by the virus. And the bluefin just showed up in force. Damn  ! 

Time to dust off the fly rods  . . .

I caught a nice bonnethead yesterday. Yummy and legal so we kept it. Fed a bunch of thieving snappers without catching any.

8697E9B2-2BFF-4651-AAB4-777196C4CCB0.thumb.jpeg.cd543ed325857feab7e05b531fa84202.jpegfirst trout on the fly line. Finally landed one

• Like 3

1 hour ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

Nice - where were ya fishing? 

In Phoenixville just past King of Prussia. Nice stretch was stocked but all return to water until April

On 2/24/2020 at 5:35 AM, Fat Point Jack said:

No Seasons/No Limits...:ph34r:

3 minutes ago, Fat Point Jack said:

I heard that Charlotte Harbor was full of boats yesterday.  A good cure for cabin fever.

LOL...the boat ramp near us has been PACKED since this social isolation order went into effect....they are taking NO chances !...cheap gas and GREAT weather !

1 minute ago, BravoBravo said:

LOL...the boat ramp near us has been PACKED since this social isolation order went into effect....they are taking NO chances !...cheap gas and GREAT weather !

And tons of inexpensive boats available from estate sales by the summer.  Win/Win!

14 minutes ago, Fat Point Jack said:

I heard that Charlotte Harbor was full of boats yesterday.  A good cure for cabin fever.

My neighbors went out to practice social distancing by meeting up with a whole bunch of people for a sand bar party.

Dolphin watch boats are doing a booming business here on the Redneck RIviera since all the beaches, beach access and beach parking areas have been closed. Not much else to do otherwise especially with the restaurants closed as well. 

This is probably next...

Spent the late afternoon here, barely 5 minutes from my house, picking on browns.

RIMG0035-X2.jpg

• Like 1

Governor issued a stay at home order. I feel perfectly at home out on the river.

RIMG0038-X2.jpg

Is this what they mean by a selfie? My shadow and a typical 16" Arkansas brown.

RIMG0044-X2.jpg

From this stretch.

RIMG0039-X2.jpg

I spent the entire day on the river and saw one other person, we were never closer than about 500 feet.

I feel really at home skiing up Monarch pass, doing that Monday.

• Like 2

Safe social distancing

hook em if they get too close, that will keep a safe distance

It turns out that I am a natural at social distancing. The Governor might as well have issued a “behave normally” order in my case. Still there’s always room for improvement. The only way I could get even further from the nearest road was to launch the classic creek cruiser and fish for a while. A couple of nibbles while trolling and I saw lots of tarpon up at the dam but none of them wanted my Rockport Rattler jig head with Slam Shady tail.

AntisocialFishing.jpg

• Like 1

Went over to the Myakka River cutoff, an area that's a bit on the shallow side for our Twin Vee 22 most of the time but it was a higher than normal tide on Saturday. We stopped by a sand bar but soon saw a flock of seagulls working some bait about half a mile away. Another boat was nearby and saw it too. We watched him go over and net some bait. Then, inexplicably, he left. We went right over. The gulls were going nuts, joined by some pelicans who were feeding on mullet.

Threw my net for the first time in months and caught a bunch of whitebait. We saw lots of action so stayed right there to fish. My wife caught a nice snook but she's a bit camera shy so you have to go to Facebook to see that picture. Saw some jacks on the attack but didn't catch any.

I caught a small snook.

2020-04-11TomSnook.jpg

Then noticed that I looked kinda funny in my extra warm hat and t-shirt. Then caught a little redfish.

2020-04-11TomRedfish.jpg

We both caught some catfish and after a while the action died down so we headed home. My wife was making some sourdough bread and had to accomplish some critical step around lunch time.

The boat ramp in town was crazy crowded. Full parking lot and trailers down the street and across the street. Lots of sailboats on the harbor too. Boating is a great way to socially distance!

• Like 1

Low tide yesterday morning and we went over to the west wall to see if there were fish outside the bar. Yes, but they all seemed to be bonnetheads and we didn't feel like keeping one. Went up to the mouth of the Myakka River and fished the west side of Hog Island for a while. Another bonnethead for my wife and I got a small jack, then we both caught the biggest, fattest trout we've ever caught in the harbor. We're not allowed to keep those until (maybe) next year, which might explain why there were big ones to catch. Tide was up by then so we went into the Myakka Cutoff, where I continued my tradition of catching little snappers. Saw some bait and threw my net but couldn't get close enough to catch any. I think they had seen that trick before. Saw what I'm pretty sure were a couple of large snook under some mangroves but my wife caught a mangrove tree and we scared them off in the process of rescuing her lure. The spot we fished last week had birds and bait again but by that time the wind had died, it was around 2 pm and very hot, so we just went on home. About half of the boat trailer parking spots at the Port Charlotte beach complex were full.

Went trout fishing in a stocked pond/creek in jersey and got two sunfish. 

Went to PA yesterday before rounds. Very cold. No bites but still a good way to spend a couple of hours.

Made some new flies while waiting for family to wake up

• Like 3

Snuck out on the big boat with Grabs Jr. on Saturday just to run it and drink beer...this fucker was reeeeal hungry...hit the lure hard twice before taking it...(after pic in the "Grilling" thread)...

Resized_20200418_170624.jpeg

Damn !

And I'm sure Jr makes fish look smaller. How far off the beach did you have to go to get that one? Where is the boat berthed?

Nice morning on the river, caught a few, then took my first tumble of the season.

Brand spanking new SIMMS waders couldn't keep me dry with water pouring in from the top. So now they're hanging inside out to dry. Hopefully the river water stank wont be too bad.

Nice Bass from the pond yesterday.IMG_2811.JPG.3926b979d7d56f1fc750d17bd08180c3.JPG

• Like 3

NZ comes out of full lockdown to almost full lockdown tonight. Can finally take boats and kayaks out on the water.

But not allowed to fish from them. What the fuck are those making this shit up on.

I've had a brand new rod sitting in the garage for months now.  Gotta get out on the Wa Hangery harbour and chase a few snappers

1 hour ago, Gissie said:

NZ comes out of full lockdown to almost full lockdown tonight. Can finally take boats and kayaks out on the water.

But not allowed to fish from them. What the fuck are those making this shit up on.

Utter lunacy, so I'm thinking glue huffing. 

Got out on our pontoon boat yesterday. Caught a jack, a ladyfish and a couple of fucking catfish in the Myakka Cutoff, then my wife caught a nice trout out in the Myakka River and I got a tiny bonnethead and another jack. Pretty fun day and I will be happy when we're allowed to keep trout again.

Went down to our neighbor's dock for sunset and there were a couple of guys fishing in the creek near us. They hooked a smallish tarpon and I immediately started getting my drone ready to fly. Not soon enough to catch any jumps, but I did get some video of the fight and release and a few pictures.

ChanTarponFight.jpg

That's my wife and me on the floating dock in the background.

ChanTarponAboard.jpg

Boating large tarpon is not allowed but taking small ones like this aboard is legal. The guy on the bow built that boat up from a bare hull and did a great job. I'm not a yuge fan of gas cans on deck but it does leave room for storage on a small boat and gets you out of the rule requiring a fire extinguisher aboard.

ChanTarponRelease.jpg

The fish was released and I brought the drone in. Drones are a bit like jet skis. If someone who is not involved is aware that you're operating one, you're annoying that person. I was hovering very close to take these shots so I'm pretty sure I was being annoying. All good now though. I called them over, got the guy's email address, and sent him pics last night. Turns out he works at the local fishing shop we frequent so I'm going to bring him the video files on a thumb drive. The 5 min video of the fight is over 2 gigabytes.  And yes, randumb, that's the golf cart of doom directly above the trolling motor.

• Like 1

Got out pretty early yesterday morning and it was a bit breezy so we decided to fish in the protection of the East Wall. Pelicans were diving on bait out at the six foot depth line so we stopped to fish there for a bit and my wife caught a nice mackerel. A boat came by with a funny rig but I was too startled and amused to take a picture.

Nothing else was biting so we went in closer to the bar. She caught a couple of bonnetheads and I caught this little blacktip.

TomBlacktip.jpg

All of a sudden, the entire East Wall was deserted, except for the 12 (!) boats that decided to fish within a couple hundred yards of us. Fishing magnetism in action. Soon enough most figured out that we really didn't have any magic and they faded away.

I haven't caught a pompano in so long that I can't recall the last one, but this one came along and took my shrimp-tipped lure.

TomPompano.jpg

Pretty soon, another small shark came along and took my lure and bit right through the leader, so that was all for that lure.

Then the guy with the funny rig approached again and this time I was ready with the camera.

DangOlTunaTower.jpg

Dangoltalkinbouttunatower! It's actually not a terrible idea and it must have been pretty well-secured as it seemed to stay put in the chop.

Got back to the ramp and there were trailers everywhere, about half of them where trailers don't belong. I was glad we got out early enough to get an actual parking spot and glad we returned home before the afternoon ramp antics commenced in earnest.

Grilled pompano dinner last night was awesome!

The pelagics are starting to make their presence known on the east coast.  The schools of blackfin are within five miles of the beach so I hear.  Might have to go after some of them, good excuse to run the center console with the new engine that I just finished breaking in.

Ladder fishing is a Thing. Look to see more of these in the future.

My fishing ladder and a ladder trout

ladder.jpg

• Like 1

What's the purpose where you're fishing?

On a flats boat like that one in my picture, I imagine he has a remote control for the trolling motor and is up the ladder driving around the flats, trying to spot the fish. Once they're spotted, I can't see much reason to actually fish for them from up on the ladder.

This was on Pyramid Lake in Nevada. North of Lake Tahoe. There's a long shallow Shelf that extends way out from the beach and then it goes into a 20-foot drop off. You take the ladder out to the edge of the Shelf, climb up on it and fly-fish from up there. This is a winter fishery on a huge lake and usually the wind is blowing up a one to two foot white capping chop. The ladder gets you above the chop and out of the frigid water. And it's much easier to throw the fly rod from on top of the ladder. Temperature when pic was taken was in the high 20s

There are guys in the Keys fishing the flats this way. Much easier to the bonefish approaching. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dorado said:

The ladder gets you above the chop and out of the frigid water. And it's much easier to throw the fly rod from on top of the ladder. Temperature when pic was taken was in the high 20s

Temp in the 20s and you put your bare hands into the water? We must be different species or something. I'd never do that. I can see the part about getting out of the frigid water though.

• Like 2

Caught a nice mess of bream yesterday. Tossed this little one back!Bream.thumb.JPG.a56fa98b3c5adb37726ff3ad199398c3.JPG

• Like 1

So you figure that experience cost about twenty bucks? I shudder to think of my per-fish cost but I'm pretty sure you're doing better than I am.

I watched a Keys offshore fishin' show on Sat morning.  2x300 Yamadogs=89 gallons to go 94 miles.  Looked like about 20 lbs of fillets.

22 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

You ever try chasin' em w/poppers on a fly rod?   

I did. In 1968. I'd do it again tomorrow for bluegills like that one. 

20 minutes ago, Dorado said:

I did. In 1968. I'd do it again tomorrow for bluegills like that one. 

I like going after non-fly species w/a fly rod.  Locally?  I like tossin' minnows in the eddies of the Shenandoah for smallmouth - the light tackle makes it fun, and getting a cast right where ya want it is its own reward.  Work and other obligations have kept me off the river the past 2 years - hoping this summer is a change. 

15 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

I like going after non-fly species w/a fly rod.  Locally?  I like tossin' minnows in the eddies of the Shenandoah for smallmouth - the light tackle makes it fun, and getting a cast right where ya want it is its own reward.  Work and other obligations have kept me off the river the past 2 years - hoping this summer is a change. 

I imagine stripers on the fly would be the hot ticket in your neighborhood. I did a lot of that in the CA Delta.

3 minutes ago, Dorado said:

I imagine stripers on the fly would be the hot ticket in your neighborhood. I did a lot of that in the CA Delta.

Down on the Bay?  yeah man.  A guard buddy used to run saltwater fly fishing trips in the Chesapeake, and down in the Keys.  Good fun tying in to a 10lb striper on light fly tackle - made you feel like you were wrestling a tiger.  

Not really good to eat but jacks are fun to catch! I got six yesterday, including a couple of nice ones that were powerful enough to strip more than half the line from my reel.

TomJackMay2020.jpg

My wife caught a tiny bonnethead, a tiny blacktip, and a couple of catfish and was getting pissed that the jacks kept biting my line.

7CF6EC29-0398-4508-B9DF-C9BC4BE7005E.jpeg

2 hours ago, Jkdubz808 said:

Mines only good for checking Legal Lobster 

But you can't see it

Screenshot_20200509-094816_Facebook.jpg

25 minutes ago, DA-WOODY said:

Mines only good for checking Louisiana Lobster 

But you can't see it

FIFY, I knew what you meant....

crawfish-boil-thumb-480x360.jpg

Ran out in The Gulf with Jr. again last weekend...three straight super calm days, every man and his dog were out around the rigs...loaded up on some decent ahi, a shit-ton of blackfin, and trolled some weedlines for mahi and wahoo...grabbed a couple AJ's on the way back in for the smoker...anyone else here can their tuna? looks ugly as all getout, but faaark it tastes good...

IMG_3394(2).jpg

20200510_210915.jpg

• Like 1

Nice fish, too bad it's a male.

It looks like you scooped up something  a dog puked and put it in jars. I'd try it but I think I'd wear blinders.

So you've said before, but pan fried in panko a day later that fucker was on point...yeah it looks like shit, and stinks up the galley when it's pressure canned...but it makes the best tuna salad you've ever had and is by far a better way to keep tuna than freezing it...I always add a few slices of jalapeno and a tablespoon of secret sauce to keep it interesting...we've still got jars a couple years old that we're eating...

11 hours ago, Grabbler said:

Ran out in The Gulf with Jr. again last weekend...three straight super calm days, every man and his dog were out around the rigs...loaded up on some decent ahi, a shit-ton of blackfin, and trolled some weedlines for mahi and wahoo...grabbed a couple AJ's on the way back in for the smoker...anyone else here can their tuna? looks ugly as all getout, but faaark it tastes good...

IMG_3394(2).jpg

20200510_210915.jpg

Used to do this a lot when the albacore were off Monterey Bay. But times change and now they catch them up north off Washington and Oregon. It's been so long since they were in SoCal that they call them unicorns. But the big bluefin fishing is better than it ever was before so we're good with that. 

Fresh canned albacore is simply amazing. 

6 hours ago, Grabbler said:

So you've said before, but pan fried in panko a day later that fucker was on point...yeah it looks like shit, and stinks up the galley when it's pressure canned...but it makes the best tuna salad you've ever had and is by far a better way to keep tuna than freezing it...I always add a few slices of jalapeno and a tablespoon of secret sauce to keep it interesting...we've still got jars a couple years old that we're eating...

Hmmm... Maybe second best. Shortly after this picture was taken, the filets were grilled for dinner. We didn't eat it all and made tuna salad out of the leftovers the next day. That one is going to be hard to top.

tunacar.jpg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Grabbler said:

What does the canning process do to its texture when ya pull it outta the jar?   Do you need to do anything differently than you would in canning any other meat? 

On 5/9/2020 at 6:56 AM, Jkdubz808 said:

Brilliant idea!

If all your catches are small....

• Like 1

On 5/12/2020 at 8:11 AM, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

What does the canning process do to its texture when ya pull it outta the jar?   Do you need to do anything differently than you would in canning any other meat? 

Into each pint I throw in a couple slivers of onion, a couple slices of hot peppers, tbsp of salsa-like sauce, tsp olive oil, 1/2 tsp kosher salt and load jar with chunks of tuna (this batch was about 2-1/2 cases of blackfin)...process in pressure canner for 90 minutes at 13-15 lbs...tuna comes out of jars with the same consistency as say canned salmon you'd by in the store rather than mushy canned tuna...straight from the jar on crackers with a cold beer or tuna salad this shit'll spoil you...like I said, we still have some random jars 2-3 years old that are still good to eat...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Grabbler said:

Into each pint I throw in a couple slivers of onion, a couple slices of hot peppers, tbsp of salsa-like sauce, tsp olive oil, 1/2 tsp kosher salt and load jar with chunks of tuna (this batch was about 2-1/2 cases of blackfin)...process in pressure canner for 90 minutes at 13-15 lbs...tuna comes out of jars with the same consistency as say canned salmon you'd by in the store rather than mushy canned tuna...straight from the jar on crackers with a cold beer or tuna salad this shit'll spoil you...like I said, we still have some random jars 2-3 years old that are still good to eat...

Dumb question - could you do this w/out pressure?   My canning is typically done w/Mason jars and new lids, put in a boiler to let the cool-down create the seal.   Is the pressure necessary to preserve texture? 

3 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

Dumb question - could you do this w/out pressure?   My canning is typically done w/Mason jars and new lids, put in a boiler to let the cool-down create the seal.   Is the pressure necessary to preserve texture? 

Nope 

You need to use a pressure cooker to be safe with tuna. 

• Like 2

^^^^^ What he said!...fucking around with canned meat or fish is dangerous bidness if not done right!...

• Like 1

Launched the boat yesterday morning with a line of thunderstorms approaching from the Gulf. They were close by the time we got to a spot on the west wall.

Then the line split in half and the gap went right over us with only light rain and not much wind. Looked like this on my phone:

tstormroulette.jpg

We continued to play thunderstorm roulette all morning then dashed home when it looked like we would lose the next round. Caught a few bonnetheads, one of which I grilled for dinner last night, and a couple of jacks. Oh, and a fucking catfish, of course.

Family visit yesterday and we took the grand kids out in the pontoon boat down in the creek behind our house. My wife caught a YUGE catfish and a snook that would be not quite legal if we were allowed to keep them at all, which we aren't until at least next year (red tide.)

My step daughter got this nice snapper, a keeper, and a smaller one that we tossed back. This was in a hole at a bend in the creek. The port side of the boat is stuck on a tree (easier than anchoring) and the starboard side is in about 20' of water.

FranSnapper.jpg

Shit. Fishin' Frank's, an iconic establishment around here, burned to the ground after a drunk slammed a car into the store.

That's the 3rd fishin' store we have lost.

Lashley-Why is divorce so expensive, cuz it's worth it.  I assume that he was hoping that Sunshitter would replace his lost money.

Fisherman's Edge in Grove City.  A 1 man business and he was tired of 6-12's and not making any money. 

There's one in PiGI, but he never seems to be open.  That one doesn't count.

I hope Becky and her son at Rio Villa keep goin'.

I saw that the guy who owns the drive-thru convenience store just down the street offered it to Frank on a temp basis rent-free. I doubt it has enough room but a nice gesture.

Frank mentioned in one article that he was paying $10k/month rent for his store. Property appraiser says it's owned by an LLC based in Miami.

Appraiser shows 8,000 sq ft.  My last office rent in downtown Fat Point was $15/sq ft=$120,000, so that's about right.  I hope he had plenty of "Your Business Personal Property" coverage.

Building pays $11,355 in property tax.

A drunk at 3AM=$10,000 auto property damage coverage.  Good luck collecting the rest from him.

On 5/25/2020 at 7:04 AM, Cacoethesic Tom said:

Frank mentioned in one article that he was paying $10k/month rent for his store.

I actually read the article wrong and Frank was saying he couldn't pay that much rent.

I have seen from a couple of good sources that he's shopping for a new location so I hope he's back soon.

On 5/25/2020 at 7:40 AM, Fat Point Jack said:

Appraiser shows 8,000 sq ft.  My last office rent in downtown Fat Point was $15/sq ft=$120,000, so that's about right.  I hope he had plenty of "Your Business Personal Property" coverage.

I suspect he did because I've seen him complaining on FB about burglaries, so I would hope he knows a thing or two about insuring his inventory and displays/equipment.

I'm ordering replacements for everything below the frame on our fishing boat trailer, which has deteriorated enough to worry me. It's grounded until the new stuff is installed. That's OK, my wife is more fond of the pontoon boat with its 20 x 8 spot of shade at this time of year and it has a livewell now so fishing from the backup boat is not bad.

Went out with my neighbor last week, got a nice Mahi. We are Taking my center console out on Friday to try and find some more. 

E5997028-023D-4A58-8058-53A0FAFDA23B.jpeg

• Like 1

Hey @Jkdubz808...Jr said there were no "murder hornets" this weekend, but the blackfin were swarming...one of yours ain't it?...

FB_IMG_1590195000105.jpg

18 hours ago, Grabbler said:

Hey @Jkdubz808...Jr said there were no "murder hornets" this weekend, but the blackfin were swarming...one of yours ain't it?...

FB_IMG_1590195000105.jpg

Yup she sure is. I did a few hitches on her before getting my spot on the Hawk. 

• Like 1

I've been sitting on the deck at the beach house on Englewood Beach.  The Tarpon are rolling a 1/4 to 1/2 mile off shore.  Several boats are trying, but haven't seen a hook up yet.

Time to start painting the Fucking railing.

4 hours ago, Fat Point Jack said:

Time to start painting the Fucking railing.

Every railing needs a purpose and that's a good one.

Fishin' Frank said on FB a couple of days ago that he has found a building and agreed on a price and is awaiting loan approval.

The morning is the best time for fishing and painting.  Painting done, fishing in the morning.

You've done better at catching Pompano by accident than I have by targeting them.  I need one of the Grandboys to dig me up some Sand Fleas.