Sign in to follow this  
Bowchow

J24 Rudder + misc deck hardware needed in Miami

Buddy just bought a 24, no rudder or deck hardware really. Help keep a J24 alive and get another sailor out on the water!! 

If anyone has anything local in the miami area, please let me know. Doesn't have to be race ready as he is just learning how to sail. 

Thanks!

Parts needed 

Entire traveler set up (bar, track, blocks etc)

Cockpit winches 

Sails (again, mediocre is fine.)

On 2/26/2020 at 9:58 PM, Bowchow said:

Buddy just bought a 24, no rudder or deck hardware really. Help keep a J24 alive and get another sailor out on the water!! 

If anyone has anything local in the miami area, please let me know. Doesn't have to be race ready as he is just learning how to sail. 

Thanks!

Parts needed 

Entire traveler set up (bar, track, blocks etc)

Cockpit winches 

Sails (again, mediocre is fine.)

There is a J/24 in atlanta for sale with a huge hole in the hull. He might be able to buy that boat and get his parts plus some to spare and scrap the hull. Here's the link on sailingforums. I think it's still available. https://sailingforums.com/threads/1978-j24-sailboat.40708/

On 3/4/2020 at 7:09 PM, ROADKILL666 said:

What 24 did he get

geronimo's cadillac 

10 hours ago, Bowchow said:

geronimo's cadillac 

Oh that’s Dave Rucker’s old boat.Sailed on her a couple of time back in the 90s she was pretty quick.

He would be better off to buy a new rudder as most of the ones people would sell you are all trashed

Just a thought have you tried the sailor man in ft.laurdale? They have all kinds of stuff and check with the fleet captain for the class.If I remember 24 sailors are quite happy to keep a boat on the water.

I have what I believe to be the original rudder, gudgeons, straps and tiller from TSP 2505.  The rudder is in very good shape, but the gudgeons, and straps are worn so there is some play in the rudder.  I'm in Spokane, WA and the shipping is about $250 so how about $750 for everything to include shipping.  bradhamby@yahoo.com

Grab the parts off of this free J24 in New Hampshire from Facebook marketplace

Free J24 - no trailer