The Joker

US ranked #1 to best deal with a disease outbreak

2 minutes ago, astro said:

What, one voice over with waving American Flags and you cave?  Fuck that.

GW is a war criminal. 

Oh, and the video introduced him as President Bush!!!!

I suppose it's now come down to "Bad? Compared to what? "

1 minute ago, Olsonist said:

We had a voice of reason but unfortunately it came with a black skin. Seriously, what we need is for Americans to grow the fuck up.

At the rate we appear to be devolving the dinosaurs are more likely to make a comeback than Americans are to grow up.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sean said:

The greatest “Hoax” in history?  Easy peasy.  Donald J. Trump, POTUS

12 minutes ago, astro said:

That's SOP.  Barack Obama is still President Obama, too.  The title stays with you for life. 

Been thinking, maybe trotting GW out is a good thing.

Maybe they will yearn for the good ol days of invading and conquering defenseless countries.  It will trigger nostalgia for a hanging a foreign leader or having them torn apart by a gang.  Obama's drone strikes just didn't adequately replace a B52 strike from DFG, or the smell of napalm in the morning.

Even images of civilians being used for target practice wasn't enough to trigger doubts in the faithful, just a desire to hunt down the dog who released the images.  Oh, sorry, I got a bit carried away.  I miss GW, they were the good ol days.

2 minutes ago, frenchie said:

That's SOP.  Barack Obama is still President Obama, too.  The title stays with you for life. 

Hhahahaaa ok, so Trump has already worked out how to use that to stay in office.

Civilians used for target practice?

Sounds like fake news to me.

1 hour ago, Rain Man said:

I'd expect the USA to be up around France and the UK by the time it is over.  Let's hope I'm wrong. I don't think the USA will catch Spain and Italy unless things really do open up too early. 

Thing is, a few weeks ago Spain and Italy were where the UK and France are now. We don’t yet know the top. 1000/million?

1 minute ago, chum said:

Civilians used for target practice?

Sounds like fake news to me.

I could paste in the pics of a gunship mincing up some journalists, but you have probably seen it anyway.

But I forgot about another GW legacy.

image.png.845b411c5c02a0a2c15cf0ac7036044f.png

It's been a bad 24 hours for Australia. Eighteen new cases, two new deaths nationwide.

On the positive side, almost everybody is doing the right thing, staying home.  No gangs of fools shouting and spitting all over each other. No loonies doing their religious shit in big groups.

No incompetent crooked lying mental cases running the country.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Grog said:

George W. coming across as an elder statesman and voice of reason, that is quite something. Whoa.

But I have a feeling that the US are in dire need of a voice of reason. I also feel that in all that talk of "federal administration" and "states" one very important word is missing: "United".

If you guys can stomach it, now is the time for an actually great (US) american effort and moment in history. If you can not, the (US) american century will go down the toilet, and a lot of countries attached to the USA will go down with you.

I'd rather see you and all others peoples come out of this strong, well and alive.

Good night, and good luck.

The American Century has ended.  It died when tRump had his private chat with Putin, withdrew from the Paris Accords, the TPP, etc. and declared for nationalism at the UN.  The handfuls of dirt were thrown on the casket this spring, when he walked away from the WHO and removed the USofA from any global assistance or international coordination of the pandemic response.

It lasted from 1919 to 2019.  R.I.P.

We had some truly glorious moments, and some terrible failures, but for 100 years we led the world. 

We have ceded serious-minded global leadership to the Chinese and have allowed Putin and his ilk to cry havoc.

We will be missed by many.  

19 minutes ago, Happy said:

It's been a bad 24 hours for Australia. Eighteen new cases, two new deaths nationwide.

On the positive side, almost everybody is doing the right thing, staying home.  No gangs of fools shouting and spitting all over each other. No loonies doing their religious shit in big groups.

Would be interesting to see how fast a group of right wing idiots protesting would be shut down here.

If they showed even a bulge on under their shirt ... it could end very badly for them.

4 hours ago, Rain Man said:

Trump and his minions still have some work to do to really get to #1, measured as deaths/1M population.  However, they are getting there:

image.png.2544d2ea4ce0951c30663c799e0dc040.png

Could be a close competition with the UK at this rate. 

27634194840_c127c517dd_k.jpg.7b77f60f6b962f8eab48109f6a96752b.jpg

It's really just a matter of civilization.

Australia has decent education, free healthcare, no death penalty, and an independent judiciary. We don't allow mass ownership of guns, and most of us are sensibly cynical about religious stuff. We don't think that we were born to rule the world.

America not so much.....

• Like 2

it  shows how low the bar has been dropped

when you admire the intelligence and compassion of george bush

wow

that just puts it into perspective

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Happy said:

FIFY

50 minutes ago, Happy said:

I’m jealous

30 minutes ago, Happy said:

It's really just a matter of civilization.

Australia has decent education, free healthcare, no death penalty, and an independent judiciary. We don't allow mass ownership of guns, and most of us are sensibly cynical about religious stuff. We don't think that we were born to rule the world.

America not so much.....

It wasn't until I worked in Europe that understood how overly religious (and gunned) Americans are. The town where I worked at in Italy had 1 church for a population of about 25,000. Italy has a population of about 60M and something like 8.6M guns. The US has a population of 326M and about 393M guns. We are truly fucked in the head bonkers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Estimated_number_of_civilian_guns_per_capita_by_country

BTW, I actually don't know anyone with guns. So the people who have them, have a lot of them. They tend to kill themselves with their guns on a regular basis although we're told it's not fair to count those deaths.

54 minutes ago, astro said:

I could paste in the pics of a gunship mincing up some journalists, but you have probably seen it anyway.

But I forgot about another GW legacy.

image.png.845b411c5c02a0a2c15cf0ac7036044f.png

What a bunch of bullshit. I know the video, that was not target practice.

Man up, walk the walk, and self ban or blow yourself up like Jeff did, just do it.

1 minute ago, Olsonist said:

It wasn't until I worked in Europe that understood how overly religious (and gunned) Americans are. 

So you weren’t afraid here before you went?

2 minutes ago, chum said:

So you weren’t afraid here before you went?

I'm not afraid now as I live in relative civilization.

7 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

It wasn't until I worked in Europe that understood how overly religious (and gunned) Americans are. The town where I worked at in Italy had 1 church for a population of about 25,000. Italy has a population of about 60M and something like 8.6M guns. The US has a population of 326M and about 393M guns. We are truly fucked in the head bonkers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Estimated_number_of_civilian_guns_per_capita_by_country

BTW, I actually don't know anyone with guns. So the people who have them, have a lot of them. They tend to kill themselves with their guns on a regular basis although we're told not to count those deaths.

You've got to stop visiting the rest of the world!

Problem SOLved!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

Wasn't it @warbird who was using that metric to show how well we are doing? 

Shit, a couple of days ago, we were lower than Montserrat in that ranking. 

Of course, that means fuck-all when the country you are crowing about having a lower "deaths per million" has had EXACTLY 1 DEATH.

Bloody hell.

That puts the fatality rate at what, 5.7%? Jesus, I thought it was supposed to be something like sub 1%. 

That means the US tip over 100,000 dead when you get to 1,754,000 cases.

I just got a new appreciation on how important mass testing and the urgency behind it is.

Fuck guys, be safe and go for broke now in getting on top of this thing, the US has a history in facing down diversity, don't put up the wrong flag now. 

SB

1385052667_download(1).jpg.61b7d6cfe97c5e9ae46e1bd3272a4117.jpg   

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, shaggybaxter said:

Bloody hell.

That puts the fatality rate at what, 5.7%? Jesus, I thought it was supposed to be something like sub 1%. 

That means the US tip over 100,000 dead when you get to 1,754,000 cases.

I just got a new appreciation on how important mass testing and the urgency behind it is.

Fuck guys, be safe and go for broke now in getting on top of this thing, the US has a history in facing down diversity, don't put up the wrong flag now. 

SB

1385052667_download(1).jpg.61b7d6cfe97c5e9ae46e1bd3272a4117.jpg   

No can do. The WH wants credit but no responsibility. Other than making sure that red states get what they request, you won’t see the White House going all in on this until late January at the earliest. Maybe. Until then it’s up to the states. 

4 hours ago, astro said:

WINNING Biatches

image.png.1ef0f7d3fe1476ffd2b1c4c52413f403.png

On current rates Russia & Brazil will finish 2nd & 3rd. Russia has certainly got their skates on in the last coupld of days. Putin doesn't want to be too badly outdone by Trump in this race and that idiot Brazillian President Bolsonaro may end up causing the worst damage.  Our Iron Ore exports should be safe though coz soon there won't be ANY mines open in Brazil coz their workers will be in shutdown or worse, dead. But then the Chinese might just export a whole lot of Chinese workers to Brazil to work the mines and get the Fe real cheap!!

The idea of a rogue state let alone states is bewildering. If you don't agree with the general consensus by all means argue your case sure, but if the collective decide to go with option x the debate should be over, you all have to do option x.

That's like the fundamental, it can't work otherwise.   

The only other option is ringfence the clean zones. So maybe Trump gets to build his wall after all,  just not at the borders he was thinking of.

nz_mexico_05.jpg.48eef39d69d93f9fdcd4e758c7c1f006.jpg

3 hours ago, astro said:

h, and the video introduced him as President Bush!!!!

I may be mistaken , however I believe all Presidents once elected retain the title ?

5 minutes ago, Mid said:

I may be mistaken , however I believe all Presidents once elected retain the title ?

You are not mistaken. of course Emily disagrees but it has been customary as long as I can remember. Probably going to break tradition next year with Donald though.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

Just now, d'ranger said:
9 minutes ago, Mid said:

You are not mistaken. of course Emily disagrees but it has been customary as long as I can remember. Probably going to break tradition next year with Donald though. 

I think that former Presidents of the USA keep the title, unless they are convicted of a felony in which case they lose the title and the right to vote or own a firearm

- DSK

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

I think that former Presidents of the USA keep the title, unless they are convicted of a felony in which case they lose the title and the right to vote or own a firearm

- DSK

Again, it's a custom not a law - as to the last part of your post I hope we get to find out next year. Something to look forward too.

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, chum said:

Man up, walk the walk, and self ban or blow yourself up like Jeff did, just do it.

I was away when Jeffy cashed out.  What did he do?

2 hours ago, chum said:

You know it was.  I'm claiming that the gunners have to have 'kills' to be real men.  Get real trigger happy and shoot civilians, journalists and cameramen.

There appeared to be the same thing in the infantry, "BANG fucking BANG bagged me another raghead!"  Plenty of documented instances of that as there was so little resistance to the invasion of Iraq they had to shoot something!

What movie was that that parodied that example?  Helicopter and the gunner was machine-gunning Vietnamese working in the paddy fields they were flying low over.  A passenger says "I dunno how you can shoot women and children like that".   Gunner says "It's real easy, you just don't have to 'lead' them quite so much, hahaha"

Lets get the death count to a million, 2 milli0n, a billion. Anything  to make Trump looo bad.  Hell death count to everybody excapt Beatty White  and Keith Ritchards.........

Trump makes Trump look bad.....   he doesn't even need a pandemic, but it sure drives home the point of what a bad leader he is when many more died than needed to, many more lost their jobs indefinitely, etc.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, warbird said:

Lets get the death count to a million, 2 milli0n, a billion. Anything  to make Trump looo bad.  Hell death count to everybody excapt Beatty White  and Keith Ritchards.........

The irony is that’s it’s Trumpaloos waving defeated flags and carrying their gunz who are cheering the demise of their fellow citizens as sacrificing the weak & ensuring our president become frustrated by “his numbers.”

They are figuratively shooting themselves in the foot. The gunz must be unloaded, else we’d have heard of the literal version occurring by now.

1 hour ago, astro said:

I was away when Jeffy cashed out.  What did he do?

Jeffreaux’s gone again?

he's Lying ... again STILL .

Trump claims intelligence officials did not raise coronavirus until late January

President Donald Trump claimed Sunday that the US intelligence community "did NOT bring up the CoronaVirus subject matter until late into January" and that "they only spoke of the Virus in a very non-threatening, or matter of fact, manner."

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/05/03/politics/trump-coronavirus-us-intelligence/index.html

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chum said:

Bat-shit crazy hissy-fits from our local Reich. 

Do you know what happened to that guy on the leash? Or the pathetic Ms.England ? 

You do not care, because you just love that ME invasion/torture stuff 

You own it 

Vets For Peace

1 hour ago, albanyguy said:

On current rates Russia & Brazil will finish 2nd & 3rd. Russia has certainly got their skates on in the last coupld of days. Putin doesn't want to be too badly outdone by Trump in this race and that idiot Brazillian President Bolsonaro may end up causing the worst damage.  Our Iron Ore exports should be safe though coz soon there won't be ANY mines open in Brazil coz their workers will be in shutdown or worse, dead. But then the Chinese might just export a whole lot of Chinese workers to Brazil to work the mines and get the Fe real cheap!!

Now that's just mean, giving the Chinese conspiracy theorists some more reasons to be right.. .

4 minutes ago, Ease the sheet. said:

Now that's just mean, giving the Chinese conspiracy theorists some more reasons to be right.. .

They always play the long game B)

So come on ya little weenie Reichistas  . . 

tell us how the psycho who sends out missives like this . . 

can lead us through these pandemic times.  

Do you even begin to grasp that he does not act right? not to mention not presidential ? adult ? 

She was thrown off The View like a dog, Zero T.V. Personas. Now Wallace is a 3rd rate lapdog for Fake News MSDNC (Concast). Doesn’t have what it takes!

7 hours ago, astro said:

What, one voice over with waving American Flags and you cave?  Fuck that.

GW is a war criminal. 

Ex presidents are always referred to as "President".

You dumb and tiresome cunt.

6 hours ago, phill_nz said:

it  shows how low the bar has been dropped

when you admire the intelligence and compassion of george bush

wow

that just puts it into perspective

That was exactly my point.

3 hours ago, warbird said:

So tell us Wardodo - is it booze or Sundowner Syndrome?

3 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Ex presidents are always referred to as "President".

You dumb and tiresome cunt.

Not my fucking President.

It's a badge of honour not knowing at least some American bullshit.  Particularly about War criminals.

2 hours ago, Raz'r said:

Jeffreaux’s gone again?

No, I was asking about the first time.

Trump’s Name To Be Added To Coronavirus Gravestones

The production of tens of thousands of gravestones in America has been held up after it was decided that Donald Trump’s name should be printed at the bottom of each one.

Department officials said it was unusual for government-issued gravestones to be altered in this way, but they said it was important for victims’ families to know that Mr Trump had played a key role.

“We know how much Donald Trump likes to take credit for everything, so we felt it was important that he was given due credit for this. We’d hate to see the coronavirus crisis go down in history without the President’s important role set in stone, as it were,” a spokesperson said.

The plan was initially to include President Trump’s name in small lettering at the bottom of the gravestone. But upon seeing the design, the President insisted that his name be much larger, and in gold type.

In a statement Mr Trump said he was pleased America was winning the coronavirus.

“America Is The Best At Coronavirus, It’s Incredible!”

“America is winning at coronavirus, it’s incredible,” the President has confirmed.

“We have many, many, many cases of coronavirus. More than China. More than Italy. More than anywhere in the world. We’re doing very, very well. Much better than Europe. We are winning. A lot of people – smart people – are saying it. A very famous epidemiologist, who happens to be a very good friend of mine, is saying it.

“We are a major, major centre for this virus now. I know, because I have been very much involved in this for a long time, believe me.

“The thing about coronavirus – my uncle was a great professor and scientist and engineer, Dr. John Trump at MIT; good genes, very good genes, very smart, the Wharton School of Finance, very good, very smart.

“And he said these are big numbers. The media isn’t reporting it. They don’t want to report it. But this is big – much bigger than when Obama was president – and it will get bigger”.

Oops Donnie now thinks It’ll be around  100 K dead, for once in his life I think he’s going low,  but it’s an election year right.

huffpost

Trump Changes Estimates Again, Says Coronavirus Death Toll Could Hit 100,000

“It’s still going to be, no matter how you look at it, at the very lower end of the plane,” the president said Sunday during a town hall event.
05/03/2020 10:48 PM ET
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

1 hour ago, Navig8tor said:

Oops Donnie now thinks It’ll be around  100 K dead, for once in his life I think he’s going low,  but it’s an election year right.

huffpost

Trump Changes Estimates Again, Says Coronavirus Death Toll Could Hit 100,000

“It’s still going to be, no matter how you look at it, at the very lower end of the plane,” the president said Sunday during a town hall event.
05/03/2020 10:48 PM ET
  •  
  •  
  •  

If the Most Honest and Forthright GOP President in History publicly admits that 100k could die in the US, what do the real projections say?

70k today, and we are still seeing 25k new confirmed cases per day and 2k daily fatalities. Hard to distract and deflect from numbers like that, isn’t it, Bullshitters?

8 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

If the Most Honest and Forthright GOP President in History publicly admits that 100k could die in the US, what do the real projections say?

70k today, and we are still seeing 25k new confirmed cases per day and 2k daily fatalities. Hard to distract and deflect from numbers like that, isn’t it, Bullshitters?

I'm guessing at least 500/million

You do the math.

That's... surprisingly close to my own guesstimate. 

Not so sure they'll all be officially attributed to covid, though.

I am really disappointed that we have cracked into the 4/million range.  But I can tell you that what we are doing looks like a different universe to what I see happening in the US.

There are people here really toughing it out.  In particular single older people who are going mental.  I am ringing some friends regularly and saying "just ringing to make sure you are still alive."   Few are complaining and although I hate Nationalism, I am proud of what we have achieved.  Gives me hope.

We have some uncooperative louts, the odd house party that gets hammered pretty quickly, but no protests on the streets.   An enforced $1100 fine tends to get results. 

Anyone who hit the streets with a gun on show and being uncooperative would probably be killed very quickly, no tolerance for that shit here.  Storm the Parliament?  Good fucking luck with that!

Despite my mocking, I am sad for the USA, it's truly fucked and I really take little pleasure from that, but something has to give to save the fucking planet.

46 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Hold their beer..   

23 minutes ago, Ease the sheet. said:

Hold their beer..   

Indeed.

51 minutes ago, frenchie said:

Indeed.

Holy fuck! 

2 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Apparently the NIH CDC never moved off their 100-240k estimate which if we are unfortunate enough to experience a second wave will almost certainly be surpassed on the high side 

2 hours ago, astro said:

I'm guessing at least 500/million

You do the math.

A bunch of us have to die twice?  You know what. like of lot of guys who return you start out fine and then get all wound up again and at this rate you will go off the rails again. Take a step back, a deep breath and calm the fuck down.

Thanks.

• Downvote 1

51 minutes ago, d'ranger said:

A bunch of us have to die twice?  You know what. like of lot of guys who return you start out fine and then get all wound up again and at this rate you will go off the rails again. Take a step back, a deep breath and calm the fuck down.

Thanks.

Sounds a bit James Bond-ish.  Die and Die Again. 

7 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Sounds a bit James Bond-ish.  Die and Die Again. 

or.................   You Only Die Twice.     or to make the MAGA folks happy Better Twice Dead Than Once Red

I'll be here all week.

• Downvote 1

3 hours ago, frenchie said:

Yep - been thinking 500/million for awhile now. It'll take the statistics guys a bit of time to work it out, but they'll have a "likely COVID death toll" soon enough.

3 hours ago, frenchie said:

Yep - been thinking 500/million for awhile now. It'll take the statistics guys a bit of time to work it out, but they'll have a "likely COVID death toll" soon enough.

For a couple of years I thought Trump was the problem but increasingly I am thinking that the problem is actually that there are just so many dumb American voters who eat up this sort of crap. There seems to an almost complete lack of critical thinking skills. Trump is just the symptom of the underlying problem. All you need is to look at the some of the posters on PA.

• Like 9

Sure enough.  The new projections. Spin it up. Bullshitters.

https://www.axios.com/cdc-projections-coronavirus-may-june-a96726e7-acc8-4855-b603-dc6518f560f5.html 

Maybe, just maybe, counterintuative though it may be, playing a pandemic straight would be more effective than going to the bullshit early and often. 

1 minute ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

https://www.axios.com/cdc-projections-coronavirus-may-june-a96726e7-acc8-4855-b603-dc6518f560f5.html 

Maybe, just maybe, counterintuative though it may be, playing a pandemic straight would be more effective than going to the bullshit early and often. 

Fuck. 

4 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

Fuck. 

Little don is an elitist.  The real plan is to kill off everyone who isn't wealthy.

It's much safer to invest in China and Vietnam.

The factory workers there have a long way to come to storm the castles.

I read this on a little don conspiracy site.  It is the gospel truth.

1 hour ago, Bristol-Cruiser said:

For a couple of years I thought Trump was the problem but increasingly I am thinking that the problem is actually that there are just so many dumb American voters who eat up this sort of crap. There seems to an almost complete lack of critical thinking skills. Trump is just the symptom of the underlying problem. All you need is to look at the some of the posters on PA.

Bring back literacy tests that require knowledge. Race, gender, income level, sexual orientation not involved.  If you are uninformed you don’t get to vote.

Just now, jerseyguy said:

Bring back literacy tests that require knowledge. Race, gender, income level, sexual orientation not involved.  If you are uninformed you don’t get to vote.

Maybe we start creating a level playing field.  I know it's novel like the virus.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jerseyguy said:

Uh, we don't exactly have a good history with literacy tests.

2 minutes ago, hasher said:

Maybe we start creating a level playing field.  I know it's novel like the virus.

Works for me

Just now, Olsonist said:

Not when they are racially motivated

2 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

Depends who is grading the test.

Sample question:  Unions were important in establishing a middle class.  T or F?

35 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Just getting this out there so the Faithful know how to respond -

"This is fake news, from a fake news organization, taking information from a fake source!.............What?  The source is us?...........Oh, shit.............Well, Hillary used email!"

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Well, apparently some people believe waving confederate flags around makes them immune, or soaks up the virus, or something.  Has there been any double-blind testing of this?   

Is there a placebo effect with a swastika patch?

Inquiring minds....

3 minutes ago, Left Shift said:

Well, apparently some people believe waving confederate flags around makes them immune, or soaks up the virus, or something.  Has there been any double-blind testing of this?   

Inquiring minds....

Is there a double-stupid test?

31 minutes ago, jerseyguy said:

Is there a double-stupid test?

Just the blind-leading-the-blind test.  Failure rate is quite high. 

56 minutes ago, Left Shift said:

Inquiring minds....

Huh, I’m looking at video of all the left coasters out speaking their mind in huge crowds and I’m just not seeing the Nazis you’re referring to...

2 hours ago, hasher said:

Depends who is grading the test.

Sample question:  Unions were important in establishing a middle class.  T or F?

Trick question!