The Joker

US ranked #1 to best deal with a disease outbreak

4 minutes ago, chum said:

Ok, it looks like DeSantis is hiding the truth, whatever that is. What does that have to do with the fact that my state reported no deaths yesterday?

Where do you live?

9 minutes ago, chum said:

Ok, it looks like DeSantis is hiding the truth, whatever that is. What does that have to do with the fact that my state reported no deaths yesterday?

Well, I mentioned one way a particular state was fudging the numbers.  You called that a conspiracy theory.

Screen Shot 2020-05-14 at 2.17.26 PM.png

6 minutes ago, LenP said:

Where do you live?

I live in Oklahoma. This is the second time in a couple of weeks that local tv has reported zero deaths in a 24 hour period.

I live in Oklahoma. This is the second time in a couple of weeks that local tv has reported zero deaths in a 24 hour period.

Not today.

Screen Shot 2020-05-14 at 2.25.12 PM.png

13 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Well, I mentioned one way a particular state was fudging the numbers.  You called that a conspiracy theory.

Screen Shot 2020-05-14 at 2.17.26 PM.png

I pointed out some irregularities in the counting method that were brought to light by a respected MD weeks ago. We know for sure now that there are very large disparities in accounting methods, probably on both sides of the ledger. When I point out the very same thing you did, it was labeled a conspiracy theory, and everything else that goes with that around here if you're not in the club. Sorta like what happens when Steam claims 500 daily deaths in excess of what's really happening, and there's not a peep from the peanut gallery.

4 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Not today.

Screen Shot 2020-05-14 at 2.25.12 PM.png

thanks for the update 

8 minutes ago, chum said:

I pointed out some irregularities in the counting method that were brought to light by a respected MD weeks ago. We know for sure now that there are very large disparities in accounting methods, probably on both sides of the ledger. When I point out the very same thing you did, it was labeled a conspiracy theory, and everything else that goes with that around here if you're not in the club. Sorta like what happens when Steam claims 500 daily deaths in excess of what's really happening, and there's not a peep from the peanut gallery.

It's not a conspiracy theory when the Governor directs it.  Sorry for your confusion.

3 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

It's not a conspiracy theory when the Governor directs it.  Sorry for your confusion.

Yeah, not confused here.

So if your Gov does something, there can be no hidden motives? Does the letter behind the name matter? What are his motives?

5 hours ago, chum said:

Sounds like a good conspiracy theory to me BD, better look into it. Miss will be along shortly to call me a liar, Random will post a Scarface meme, Meli will post a recipe for Chinese soup...

Yeah, a conspiracy theory worthy of Randumb.

Or not.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/coronavirus/article242050696.html

30 minutes ago, chum said:

Yeah, and China has reported 4600 deaths since the beginning.

Certain countries do not inspire my trust in their stats.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Grrr... said:

It's entertaining watching the peaceful protestors trying to block the cameras with their umbrellas.

Whats really troubling, is seeing your state government shut down, and not able to function, do to a few armed protestors.

I find it amazing when democracy is manipulated by so few, and effects so many.

10 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Yeah, and China has reported 4600 deaths since the beginning.

Certain countries do not inspire my trust in their stats.

So, you think were dying in greater numbers here than are being reported Sloop? Do you have any proof? Like a respected doctor here saying it? Is that a conspiracy theory?

17 minutes ago, chum said:

Yeah, not confused here.

So if your Gov does something, there can be no hidden motives? Does the letter behind the name matter? What are his motives?

You just don't want to admit your claim that it was a conspiracy theory was fantasy.

1 minute ago, chum said:

So, you think were dying in greater numbers here than are being reported Sloop? Do you have any proof? Like a respected doctor here saying it? Is that a conspiracy theory?

Dr Fauci said so in sworn testimony before the Senate just the other day.  We’re you not paying attention again?

Just now, Bus Driver said:

You just don't want to admit your claim that it was a conspiracy theory was fantasy.

Whatever dude. I knew squat about the situation until I read the article you posted, just like the responders to my post weeks ago. I was making a point at your expense, for that I apologize.

3 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

Dr Fauci said so in sworn testimony before the Senate just the other day.  We’re you not paying attention again?

He's said a few things that have turned out not to be so, hasn't he? Im not saying he's wrong in this situation though, RIF. Last I checked he doesn't work here.

2 minutes ago, chum said:

Whatever dude. I knew squat about the situation until I read the article you posted, just like the responders to my post weeks ago. I was making a point at your expense, for that I apologize.

So, you admit to responding from a position of ignorance.  Glad you can at least be honest.

Ahh... the chum “I’m just a trolling dumbass” defense.

Just now, Bus Driver said:

Glad you can at least be honest.

You can count on it. 

2 minutes ago, chum said:
9 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Glad you can at least be honest.

You can count on it. 

Admitting you have a problem is the first step.

Not sure if there is an "Ignoramuses Anonymous".  If there is, you could sure use it.

1 hour ago, chum said:

Are you sure that’s not due to under reporting, or just not enough testing?

I’m not digging for a fight, just mentioning this because in the UK the figures are all over the place and still are being under reported, for all sorts of reasons, including the government playing with the stats. 

Be careful what you believe is my caution. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Keith said:

Whats really troubling, is seeing your state government shut down, and not able to function, do to a few armed protestors.

I find it amazing when democracy is manipulated by so few, and effects so many.

Why the fuck the police haven’t cleared the streets is beyond belief. 

Chum, if you want to see the lies, bullshit and complete disorganised fuck up going on?  Watch the mask supplier from Texas and his testimony!  It’ll open your eyes. 

1 hour ago, Bus Driver said:

Admitting you have a problem is the first step.

Not sure if there is an "Ignoramuses Anonymous".  If there is, you could sure use it.

Sometimes Im surprised by who resorts to the insult option here when they've nothing else. Other times, not so much.

1 hour ago, chum said:

None of that.

I just think that with 1,500,000 cases and 86,000 deaths over the past 13 weeks I am suspect of multiple reports of zero cases, even in a thinly populated state.

In other words, I wouldn't take it at face value, especially from a red state.

It's called skepticism, not conspiracy theory.

1 minute ago, SloopJonB said:

None of that.

I just think that with 1,500,000 cases and 86,000 deaths over the past 13 weeks I am suspect of multiple reports of zero cases, even in a thinly populated state.

Got it. I'm always skeptical of everything the man tells me. It's healthy, so to speak.

3 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

A healthy dose of cynicism is what my Grandfather taught me from the age of 7 years, or at that age, don’t believe everything people say.  He was a smart guy and taught me a lot. 

16 minutes ago, mad said:

Chum, if you want to see the lies, bullshit and complete disorganised fuck up going on?  Watch the mask supplier from Texas and his testimony!  It’ll open your eyes. 

You want a complete screwup with mask procurement? Last night I went on Amazon to search for n95 masks. The results popped up with non certified look alike that I bought with one click without verifying the product was the same I had searched for. The boss called me on it today, 45 bucks down the drain. Even Chum can be fooled sometimes.

5 minutes ago, chum said:

You want a complete screwup with mask procurement? Last night I went on Amazon to search for n95 masks. The results popped up with non certified look alike that I bought with one click without verifying the product was the same I had searched for. The boss called me on it today, 45 bucks down the drain. Even Chum can be fooled sometimes.

I rest my case. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, chum said:

You should follow up with JzK to get your money back.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LenP said:

:P

9 minutes ago, LenP said:

JerKZ won't believe it happened.

No capitalist would ever fuck over a customer because then there wouldn't be any repeat business.

Don't ask, don't tell.

3 hours ago, chum said:

You do understand that intelligent people and political leaders did this in January?  

No.  I didn't think so.

Do you know about car seats for children?  How about seat belts?  You might want to pay someone to research it.

18 minutes ago, hasher said:

You do understand that intelligent people and political leaders did this in January?  

That’s why we bought them early. We’re out. I guess the more intelligent people bought more than I did huh? Shall we compare other stockpiles too? ;)

As a matter of fact I can show you a text from feb where we offer to get them for our local hospital in gross from our supplier in... wait for it...China. 

9 hours ago, El Boracho said:

Unapologetic Globalist here. I think the UN should be empowered to have the final decision on global pandemics, as well as other global things. That said, probably not the current UN but one given much more positive support by the world powers. Maybe a democratic UN.

Sound reasonable?

Yeah. Right after all the countries that get a vote are certifiably democratic.

Until then, no bloody way. The likes of Zimbabwe, North Korea and Saudi Arabia having votes on something that'll directly affect us? Pffffft.

FKT

6 hours ago, chum said:

I am curious, where does one sail in Oklahoma. When I was in fifth grade we had to do a research project on a US state (like you would have done for a Canadian province or Aussie state). I got Oklahoma. My memory after 60 years is prairie with shallow rivers.

33 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

Until then, no bloody way. The likes of Zimbabwe, North Korea and Saudi Arabia having votes on something that'll directly affect us? Pffffft.

FKT

I don’t think the US would qualify, either. Not many countries practice 1 acre/1 vote.

12 minutes ago, Bristol-Cruiser said:

I am curious, where does one sail in Oklahoma. When I was in fifth grade we had to do a research project on a US state (like you would have done for a Canadian province or Aussie state). I got Oklahoma. My memory after 60 years is prairie with shallow rivers.

We sail Grand lake, Tenkiller, and Hefner here, though our favorite is in Mo, Table Rock. This year we’re going to try Broken Bow.

We live in an area of rolling hills, the prairie is to the west. Surprisingly, we have the most highlands between the Rockies and the Appalachians. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geography_of_Oklahoma

6701D4A2-A6F4-4B41-88C2-994E8916E651.png.cf4f0c7e955751661605cff9be4374fa.png

I assume those lakes are reservoirs?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Bristol-Cruiser said:

Lots of wind.  Lots of oil rigs.  Lots of cow shit.  Nothing between you and the horizon.  

And these days, lots of armed republicans.  

5 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

None of that.

It's very patriotic to die of something else these days.  

22 minutes ago, Bristol-Cruiser said:

Lake Texoma on the Texas border is huge.  Lots of”big” boats.

2 minutes ago, Bristol-Cruiser said:

I assume those lakes are reservoirs?

Broken Bow is supposed to be the best in the state, we will see.

77B31642-80C1-4852-B04C-11CD00F90A5A.jpeg.616c1f0ca3f8fb1b8d8e7defaf9f26c9.jpeg

18 minutes ago, PHIRKIN said:

Shuffle over over double-bit axe about 1:00. Really? WTF

your right, I didn't see the double axe.... crazier.

maybe hes got some chopping to do?

Logging job, after the rally?

1 hour ago, Fakenews said:

Trump wants you to know that if we didn’t test so much we’d have way fewer COVID cases..

”It’s just common sense”

“could be that testing’’s frankly overrated”

https://www.mediaite.com/trump/trump-deploys-bonkers-logic-to-deflect-blame-for-high-outbreak-numbers-if-we-didnt-do-any-testing-we-would-have-very-few-cases/

Trump's made his living keeping rubes in the dark. You expected a few votes were going to change that?

1 hour ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

FKT

You are presently directly affected by the votes of the opposite party in your representative body. If it is like the USA more than a few of these representatives are  just as loony as N Korea. Likewise many are on the Saudi payroll. Or in your case a Chinese payroll. So too late for “No bloody way.”

22 minutes ago, El Boracho said:

You are presently directly affected by the votes of the opposite party in your representative body. If it is like the USA more than a few of these representatives are  just as loony as N Korea. Likewise many are on the Saudi payroll. Or in your case a Chinese payroll. So too late for “No bloody way.”

So - you seem to be of the opinion that, because there are some people bought by foreign money now, we should just totally capitulate authority to a profoundly undemocratic decision-making new body. Do I have that correct?

FKT

3 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

I call bullshit. There is not a single mention of the wind goes sweeping down the plains.

- DSK

We get a little wind now and then. Last night it blew 75 or so. 

2 hours ago, chum said:

That’s why we bought them early. We’re out. I guess the more intelligent people bought more than I did huh? Shall we compare other stockpiles too? ;)

As a matter of fact I can show you a text from feb where we offer to get them for our local hospital in gross from our supplier in... wait for it...China. 

And, it was all so very fucking avoidable - 

In the early days of the pandemic, the U.S. government turned down an offer to manufacture millions of N95 masks in America

7 minutes ago, chum said:
11 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

I call bullshit. There is not a single mention of the wind goes sweeping down the plains.

We get a little wind now and then. Last night it blew 75 or so. 

What about poor Judd?

75 is a heck of a lot of wind. Somebody in Kansas must be eating beans again! Those plains are going to be very well swept.

- DSK

2 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

What about poor Judd?

75 is a heck of a lot of wind. Somebody in Kansas must be eating beans again! Those plains are going to be very well swept.

- DSK

It’ll buff out...

3FC06B05-6E23-4520-BFF8-D6EAD28DC127.thumb.png.d1571e6d719a22519b2355fe99730994.png

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

What about poor Judd?

- DSK

Yeah, but that's miles per hour.  They don't do knots in OK.

(More likely, Kansas is just continuing to suck.)

11 minutes ago, Left Shift said:
38 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

What about poor Judd?

Yeah, but that's miles per hour.  They don't do knots in OK.

(More likely, Kansas is just continuing to suck.)

Not all of Oklahoma is like this, but that's where I heard the expression "it's SO flat, on clear day you can see the back your own head."

- DSK

Today was a bad day, another 1700 dead. Those secondary sites are coming on

4 hours ago, Keith said:

your right, I didn't see the double axe.... crazier.

maybe hes got some chopping to do?

Logging job, after the rally?

Thankfully it wasn't a chain saw, damn! That will be the next escalation of the moran parade.

i just cant see many of that lot having the coordination to do the lumberjack song properly

some of the rest they will probably get right though

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Fakenews said:

Trump wants you to know that if we didn’t test so much we’d have way fewer COVID cases..

”It’s just common sense”

https://www.mediaite.com/trump/trump-deploys-bonkers-logic-to-deflect-blame-for-high-outbreak-numbers-if-we-didnt-do-any-testing-we-would-have-very-few-cases/

These moronic comments are so normal now they barely raise an eyebrow.

2 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

Yup, he needs to up his game a bit. This has become the new normal. 

But it is still not normal that the nation allows this idiot to remain in office.

I suspected before he got elected that it must have been an Illuminati bet, between members, that not only could Trump be President, but that they would like it.

Asymptomatic transmission, but testing is overrated (except in the White House). That sounds like a tremendous strongly way to be #1. 

1 hour ago, Shortforbob said:

It's sooo inconsiderate of all those ingrates to die, after all. At least they could go & die outside the USA, then he wouldn't have to count them.

FKT

7 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

It's sooo inconsiderate of all those ingrates to die, after all. At least they could go & die outside the USA, then he wouldn't have to count them.

FKT

Outside the environment, everything solved. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Fakenews said:

”It’s just common sense”

I am well-past reacting to comments like this with disbelief that anyone could say something so incredibly stupid. I am firmly at the stage of wondering how anyone could support someone who could say something so incredibly stupid. Trump might be capable of push a broom somewhere as long as supervision was nearby.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Asymptomatic transmission, but testing is overrated (except in the White House). That sounds like a tremendous strongly way to be #1. 

Speaking of transmission...On Trumps advice I've stopped checking the oil in my truck. Pretty big savings so far!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mad said:
7 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

Yup, he needs to up his game a bit. This has become the new normal. 

And the Trumpaloons go along for a ride on the Idiot Express. How can any sentient being support this clown?

And the Reich thinks it's totally OK for a Prez to openly try to intimidate 

a witness just before he testifies before Congress. 

I don’t know the so-called Whistleblower Rick Bright, never met him or even heard of him, but to me he is a disgruntled employee, not liked or respected by people I spoke to and who, with his attitude, should no longer be working for our government! 

And what does it say about the Drumph and his acolytes that he claims he never heard of the director of the agency responsible for leading the charge on the production and purchase of vaccines in his own administration? 

1 minute ago, AJ Oliver said:

And the Reich thinks it's totally OK for a Prez to openly try to intimidate 

a witness just before he testifies before Congress. 

I don’t know the so-called Whistleblower Rick Bright, never met him or even heard of him, but to me he is a disgruntled employee, not liked or respected by people I spoke to and who, with his attitude, should no longer be working for our government! 

And what does it say about the Drumph and his acolytes that he claims he never heard of the director of the agency responsible for leading the charge on the production and purchase of vaccines in his own administration? 

Little don woke up this morning.  Maybe it was last night, I have the best reports.

Anyway, it was a nightmare.  It might have been a daydream.

The point is what?

People are dying?

It's not me, what's the point?

Looks like Chicago is seeing some nasty growth in infections/deaths

It seems that most of the discussion now in these pandemic threads is about politics. Is this a sign that we're now mostly back to normal and we can come out of our homes without risk of a becoming the next victim from The Great Viral Invaders from Planet Uranus?

13 minutes ago, mikewof said:

It seems that most of the discussion now in these pandemic threads is about politics. Is this a sign that we're now mostly back to normal and we can come out of our homes without risk of a becoming the next victim from The Great Viral Invaders from Planet Uranus?

It's all about the states' experiments now and the resulting numbers.  

Esperando la ultima ola...and hoping there's no Spanish Flu-type mutation between now and September or the Trump admin is going to not only be AMERICA FIRST in deaths for the current pandemic...their lack of leadership and destruction of scientific institutions is going to help them beat 1918-1919 numbers too.

37 minutes ago, mikewof said:

why are you stuck in your house? It's a free country. Get out there!

Trump's vaccine effort: Warp Speed.

Heh. From Gene Roddenberry's Star Trek, or Isaac Asimov, or ? ... All liberals, secular humanists, progressives...etc. Team Trump know if one wants something clever, catchy, popular it must be purloined from a progressive. Always. Nothing creative coming from the right.

Plus, Warp Speed is an impossible fiction. So there is that...

2 minutes ago, El Boracho said:

Trump's vaccine effort: Warp Speed.

Heh. From Gene Roddenberry's Star Trek, or Isaac Asimov, or ? ... All liberals, secular humanists, progressives...etc. Team Trump know if one wants something clever, catchy, popular it must be purloined from a progressive. Always. Nothing creative coming from the right.

Plus, Warp Speed is an impossible fiction. So there is that...

We got this.

Oh those of little faith...

I think you're at the wrong church.

16 hours ago, Raz'r said:

Today was a bad day, another 1700 dead. Those secondary sites are coming on

I really wish we had up to the day counts of heart/cancer/flu/respiratory related deaths so we could make a rational calculation on the severity of the China Virus. Absent other numbers you are just fanning flames.

1 hour ago, MR.CLEAN said:

It's all about the states' experiments now and the resulting numbers.  

Esperando la ultima ola...and hoping there's no Spanish Flu-type mutation between now and September or the Trump admin is going to not only be AMERICA FIRST in deaths for the current pandemic...their lack of leadership and destruction of scientific institutions is going to help them beat 1918-1919 numbers too.

Reports of mutation have already been aired.https://undark.org/2020/05/14/covid-19-evolution-mutation/

20 minutes ago, warbird said:

I really wish we had up to the day counts of heart/cancer/flu/respiratory related deaths so we could make a rational calculation on the severity of the China Virus. Absent other numbers you are just fanning flames.

aren't you dead yet? Go to church, go get a haircut, the economy needs you.

29 minutes ago, warbird said:

I guess we can just pretend the COVID deaths aren't on top of the other deaths you mention, right?

3 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

I guess we can just pretend the COVID deaths aren't on top of the other deaths you mention, right?

fortunately, smart people have been figuring out real fatality numbers in places where crooks and liars run the statistics offices for more than a century.  That's why you see scientists and journalists moving to excess deaths analysis for the real numbers.  "It's just unknowable" is a phrase that works great for the gullible fucks who believe in sky fairies but not really for science.

8 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

fortunately, smart people have been figuring out real fatality numbers in places where crooks and liars run the statistics offices for more than a century.  That's why you see scientists and journalists moving to excess deaths analysis for the real numbers.  "It's just unknowable" is a phrase that works great for the gullible fucks who believe in sky fairies but not really for science.

For the @warbirds of the world, they don't need data - they have God. Like Bill O'Reilly explained:

Apparently, Bill O’Reilly has never heard