The Joker

US ranked #1 to best deal with a disease outbreak

Recommended Posts

24 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Get to work Bullshitters. Normal people are trying to get traction. Spin up some top flight bullshit and own those libs!
 

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-tension/tension-infighting-roil-trump-white-house-as-coronavirus-strategy-sputters-idUSKCN24M2U2

 

“Whether you like the mask or not, they have an impact, they’ll have an effect, and we need everything we can get,” he said.

It's about fucking time asshole. What's the matter, polls slipping a bit?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Sean said:

 

“Whether you like the mask or not, they have an impact, they’ll have an effect, and we need everything we can get,” he said.

It's about fucking time asshole. What's the matter, polls slipping a bit?

120 days and 100,000 lives late...But who's counting.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Sean said:

 

“Whether you like the mask or not, they have an impact, they’ll have an effect, and we need everything we can get,” he said.

It's about fucking time asshole. What's the matter, polls slipping a bit?

That’s the teleprompter version. He will say the opposite as early as tomorrow. It’s just a matter of time. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Four million cases, bullshitters. This thing really went away fast, didn’t it? And those are just the ones we know about.  
 

Numero Uno!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

That’s the teleprompter version. He will say the opposite as early as tomorrow. It’s just a matter of time. 

Amazing he hasn't already done it via Twit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ishmael said:

I wonder why Canada is doing so much better than the USA...

fb2c01eb7a622a7d2c540f78c79c51b0

An American tour boat crosses tacks with a Canadian one at Niagara Falls. The Canadian boat is limited to six passengers.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/2-boats-niagara-falls-show-122553027.html

Buht the economy! You don’t want us borrowing money for the benefit of anyone other than the Best Americans, do you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you zoom in, you can make out that at least some are wearing masks, so that is OK then.....In a cool misty, damp environment...... what could possibly go wrong?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In these parts we have great hospitals, bummer that they are mostly full so consider making your reservations now. Don't hesitate to make grave decisions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, d'ranger said:

In these parts we have great hospitals, bummer that they are mostly full so consider making your reservations now. Don't hesitate to make grave decisions.

I can dig that, bro....

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are just days from the auspicious milestone of 150,000 Americans killed by COVID, bullshitters. Maybe, just maybe, playing it straight instead of bullshitting would yield results that could make us #1 in a category which we want to lead. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

We are just days from the auspicious milestone of 150,000 Americans killed by COVID, bullshitters. Maybe, just maybe, playing it straight instead of bullshitting would yield results that could make us #1 in a category which we want to lead. 

There are too many hardcore faithful out there.

 

As Brad Colburn whisked his metal detector over the tan sands of Huntington Beach, a rejection of Orange County’s spiking coronavirus infection rates surfaced. 

“I don’t believe it. I don’t believe the rates are rising,” Colburn said. “They’re inflated. It’s another way of shutting everything down … of the Democrats trying to get what they want.” 

The 58-year-old Huntington Beach resident said he has yet to wear a mask outside of shopping. Standing by a beach path as cyclists and in-line skaters zoomed by, he offered his own alternative policy to restrictive coronavirus health orders. 

“If you don’t want to go outside, don’t go outside,” Colburn said. 



Read more: https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-07-22/doubts-about-dangers-of-covid-19-linger-in-huntington-beach 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/21/2020 at 9:12 PM, Sean said:

 

“Whether you like the mask or not, they have an impact, they’ll have an effect, and we need everything we can get,” he said.

It's about fucking time asshole. What's the matter, polls slipping a bit?

Too little too late.  It's like putting on a condom when your girlfriend is 8 months pregnant.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

There are too many hardcore faithful out there.

 

As Brad Colburn whisked his metal detector over the tan sands of Huntington Beach, a rejection of Orange County’s spiking coronavirus infection rates surfaced. 

“I don’t believe it. I don’t believe the rates are rising,” Colburn said. “They’re inflated. It’s another way of shutting everything down … of the Democrats trying to get what they want.” 

The 58-year-old Huntington Beach resident said he has yet to wear a mask outside of shopping. Standing by a beach path as cyclists and in-line skaters zoomed by, he offered his own alternative policy to restrictive coronavirus health orders. 

“If you don’t want to go outside, don’t go outside,” Colburn said. 



Read more: https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-07-22/doubts-about-dangers-of-covid-19-linger-in-huntington-beach 

When you have been taught to believe in a caricature of your countrymen, it is easy to be brought to the belief that your countrymen are your enemy. I recall something about something similar to this from history class....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

When you have been taught to believe in a caricature of your countrymen, it is easy to be brought to the belief that your countrymen are your enemy. I recall something about something similar to this from history class....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why I hate Kellyanne Conway

A Straight-Faced Conway Just Scolded States For Reopening 'Too Quickly'

In a breathtaking display of shameless gaslighting, White House senior adviser Kellyanne Conway on Wednesday accused the states plagued with skyrocketing COVID-19 cases of being too hasty with reopening their economies – you know, the thing President Donald Trump desperately pushed them to do for months. 


“Some of these states blew through our criteria, blew through our phases and they opened up some of the industries a little too quickly, like bars,” Conway told reporters outside of the White House Wednesday. 

The administration official argued that governors were the ones who chose to reopen their states and therefore Trump cannot be held responsible for the subsequently disastrous COVID spike consequences. 

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/conway-scolded-states-reopening-too-quickl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

A Straight-Faced Conway Just Scolded States For Reopening 'Too Quickly'

Mind boggling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Swimsailor said:

Mind boggling.

I've come to hate information spinning with a passion, I don't think anything hurts more than spinning the truth.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

I've come to hate information spinning with a passion, I don't think anything hurts more than spinning the truth.

I gave up calling it nice terms like "spinning". Bullshitting is pernicious and a threat to our country, and the people doing it are among the lowest life forms on earth. Just in the last few months, we have nearly 150k dead in this country because of bullshitting, when that number could have been much lower had people played it straight. Bullshitters are flat out killing people now. They aren't just spinning. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

I gave up calling it nice terms like "spinning". Bullshitting is pernicious and a threat to our country, and the people doing it are among the lowest life forms on earth. Just in the last few months, we have nearly 150k dead in this country because of bullshitting, when that number could have been much lower had people played it straight. Bullshitters are flat out killing people now. They aren't just spinning. 

Well said.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

I've come to hate information spinning with a passion, I don't think anything hurts more than spinning the truth.

I'm wondering what the average Trump voters thoughts are after watching the chernobyl series.

Got to be something like: man communism is bad. Glad we got Trump to keep us safe.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, mathystuff said:

I'm wondering what the average Trump voters thoughts are after watching the chernobyl series.

Got to be something like: man communism is bad. Glad we got Trump to keep us safe.

I'm thinking more "that man is going to make the South rise again."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, badlatitude said:

Why I hate Kellyanne Conway

A Straight-Faced Conway Just Scolded States For Reopening 'Too Quickly'

In a breathtaking display of shameless gaslighting, White House senior adviser Kellyanne Conway on Wednesday accused the states plagued with skyrocketing COVID-19 cases of being too hasty with reopening their economies – you know, the thing President Donald Trump desperately pushed them to do for months. 


“Some of these states blew through our criteria, blew through our phases and they opened up some of the industries a little too quickly, like bars,” Conway told reporters outside of the White House Wednesday. 

The administration official argued that governors were the ones who chose to reopen their states and therefore Trump cannot be held responsible for the subsequently disastrous COVID spike consequences. 

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/conway-scolded-states-reopening-too-quickl

You would almost think they had it planned like this all along..  Do you really think the talking points just came out today??  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, shaggy said:

You would almost think they had it planned like this all along..  Do you really think the talking points just came out today??  

It's a skill set you learn in college or in a seminar. It takes practice, and some people are gifted with quick comebacks. After the boss screws up, a two hour strategy session where you gather the talking points, some rehearsal, and we are spoon fed shit by the best bullshitters money can buy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WOW! we hit 4 million new cases in just 15 days, it can only takeoff from here. Thanks Trump

Edit to add: CDC predicts 164,000 deaths by August 15th.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, badlatitude said:

There are too many hardcore faithful out there.

As Brad Colburn whisked his metal detector over the tan sands of Huntington Beach, a rejection of Orange County’s spiking coronavirus infection rates surfaced. 

“I don’t believe it. I don’t believe the rates are rising,” Colburn said. “They’re inflated. It’s another way of shutting everything down … of the Democrats trying to get what they want.” 

The 58-year-old Huntington Beach resident said he has yet to wear a mask outside of shopping. Standing by a beach path as cyclists and in-line skaters zoomed by, he offered his own alternative policy to restrictive coronavirus health orders. 

“If you don’t want to go outside, don’t go outside,” Colburn said. 

Read more: https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-07-22/doubts-about-dangers-of-covid-19-linger-in-huntington-beach 

Morons Are Governing America

How did so many people get so stupid in such a highly developed nation?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Swimsailor said:

Mind boggling.

Not really - just a regular day at the office for those scum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mathystuff said:

I'm wondering what the average Trump voters thoughts are after watching the chernobyl series.

Got to be something like: man communism is bad. Glad we got Trump to keep us safe.

You assume they watched it.

Maybe - if it wasn't scheduled opposite NASCAR or Honey Boo Boo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Morons Are Governing America

How did so many people get so stupid in such a highly developed nation?

It took a massive effort that they are very proud to tell you about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

WOW! we hit 4 million new cases in just 15 days, it can only takeoff from here. Thanks Trump

Edit to add: CDC predicts 164,000 deaths by August 15th.

After 109 days of denial, the Drumph pivots and says, yep we got a problem; and masks are patriotic 

Too late - the horse is long gone from the barn. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, AJ Oliver said:

After 109 days of denial, the Drumph pivots and says, yep we got a problem; and masks are patriotic 

Too late - the horse is long gone from the barn. 

It's going to look absolutely pathetic by November.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, badlatitude said:

WOW! we hit 4 million new cases in just 15 days, it can only takeoff from here. Thanks Trump

Edit to add: CDC predicts 164,000 deaths by August 15th.

Now revised up to 175,000.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No worse than a bad flu season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

It's going to look absolutely pathetic by November.

Actually, if we see the rear view of a horse's ass in November, it could look pretty good.  

th.jpeg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

No worse than a bad flu season.

A bad flu season never shut down an economy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't think the purple font was needed with you Badlat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, badlatitude said:

Now revised up to 175,000.

There are plenty of others.  Besides, they knew they were dying since they were born.  It's not my daughter, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

I didn't think the purple font was needed with you Badlat.

Sorry, that was for Dog before he piped in.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good going bullshitters.  Roll the clock back to mid March and try again. It seems that bullshit doesn't stop a virus.  But you've definitely made us #1 in bullshit! 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Savage capitalism meets the pandemic . . 

from the Gray Lady . .   

Well-timed stock bets have generated big profits for senior executives and board members at companies developing vaccines and treatments.

On June 26, a small South San Francisco company called Vaxart made a surprise announcement: A coronavirus vaccine it was working on had been selected by the U.S. government to be part of Operation Warp Speed, the flagship federal initiative to quickly develop drugs to combat Covid-19.

Vaxart’s shares soared. Company insiders, who weeks earlier had received stock options worth a few million dollars, saw the value of those awards increase sixfold. And a hedge fund that partly controlled the company walked away with more than $200 million in instant profits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, AJ Oliver said:

Savage capitalism meets the pandemic . . 

from the Gray Lady . .   

Well-timed stock bets have generated big profits for senior executives and board members at companies developing vaccines and treatments.

On June 26, a small South San Francisco company called Vaxart made a surprise announcement: A coronavirus vaccine it was working on had been selected by the U.S. government to be part of Operation Warp Speed, the flagship federal initiative to quickly develop drugs to combat Covid-19.

Vaxart’s shares soared. Company insiders, who weeks earlier had received stock options worth a few million dollars, saw the value of those awards increase sixfold. And a hedge fund that partly controlled the company walked away with more than $200 million in instant profits.

Follow that money and see who are these "insiders" and who else benefitted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And yeah, like for sure, the "US is ranked number 1 to deal" with the pandemic . . . 

but whoever figured that out forgot one important thing, namely 

Right-Wingers Are ‘Least Likely To Wear Face Masks’

US and UK researchers found those to the right of the political spectrum were most likely to find masks “shameful” or “not cool”.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, AJ Oliver said:

And yeah, like for sure, the "US is ranked number 1 to deal" with the pandemic . . . 

but whoever figured that out forgot one important thing, namely 

Right-Wingers Are ‘Least Likely To Wear Face Masks’

US and UK researchers found those to the right of the political spectrum were most likely to find masks “shameful” or “not cool”.

I’d be totally fine with them not wearing masks if they weren’t disease vectors.  Hopefully they take more of. Themselves out than others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, ol' friend Sol  . . 

there is that, but there is also this . . 

(why the US is just so prepared to deal with a pandemic) 

From those true patriots at Sinclair News 

Mikovits told Bolling that she believes Fauci “manufactured the coronaviruses in monkey cell lines” and shipped them to Wuhan, China, where the illness was first detected.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, AJ Oliver said:

Well, ol' friend Sol  . . 

there is that, but there is also this . . 

(why the US is just so prepared to deal with a pandemic) 

From those true patriots at Sinclair News 

Mikovits told Bolling that she believes Fauci “manufactured the coronaviruses in monkey cell lines” and shipped them to Wuhan, China, where the illness was first detected.

Science takes a dim view of Ms Mikovits.

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/05/fact-checking-judy-mikovits-controversial-virologist-attacking-anthony-fauci-viral

Miskovits: Wearing the mask literally activates your own virus. You’re getting sick from your own reactivated coronavirus expressions, and if it happens to be SARS-CoV-2, then you’ve got a big problem.

It’s not clear what Mikovits means by “coronavirus expressions.” There is no evidence that wearing a mask can activate viruses and make people sick.

Mikovits: Why would you close the beach? You’ve got sequences in the soil, in the sand. You’ve got healing microbes in the ocean in the salt water. That’s insanity.

It’s not clear what Mikovits means by sand or soil “sequences.” There is no evidence that microbes in the ocean can heal COVID-19 patients.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Q.  Why do Ms Miskovits and Mikey Both use the term SARS-COVID 2?
 

A. Because they’re both bullshitters extraordinaire.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

Science takes a dim view of Ms Mikovits.

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/05/fact-checking-judy-mikovits-controversial-virologist-attacking-anthony-fauci-viral

Miskovits: Wearing the mask literally activates your own virus. You’re getting sick from your own reactivated coronavirus expressions, and if it happens to be SARS-CoV-2, then you’ve got a big problem.

It’s not clear what Mikovits means by “coronavirus expressions.” There is no evidence that wearing a mask can activate viruses and make people sick.

Mikovits: Why would you close the beach? You’ve got sequences in the soil, in the sand. You’ve got healing microbes in the ocean in the salt water. That’s insanity.

It’s not clear what Mikovits means by sand or soil “sequences.” There is no evidence that microbes in the ocean can heal COVID-19 patients.

being buried alive or drowning in the ocean means you didn't die of covid.

ask Mikey, he knows

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

78D151F6-AB05-4F1C-98C4-5A00464692BB.jpeg

haha Google 2 girls one cup.

Well that will be a shitty surprise for the Christian right covid deniers:hehe:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

good greif Shirely .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mid said:

good greif Shirely .

:D awful innit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/18/2020 at 2:55 PM, Fakenews said:

Not that I’m keeping count but the updated models predicted a death toll of 60k by August 1st.  We’ll be over 40k mid day tomorrow. Seems a little off.

Try 150k in the US by August 1. That’s what happens when we let bullshitters determine pandemic response instead of doctors and scientists. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Try 150k in the US by August 1. That’s what happens when we let bullshitters determine pandemic response instead of doctors and scientists. 

Life must go on!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Try 150k in the US by August 1. That’s what happens when we let bullshitters determine pandemic response instead of doctors and scientists. 

You should hit 150K later today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

You should hit 150K later today.

Exactly.
 

2.5 times that rosy mid-April prediction. The virus just doesn’t seem to respond well to Bullshitting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mike G said:

He's focused on it now!

 

 

There are going to be some mighty happy baseball players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Left Shift said:

There are going to be some mighty happy baseball players.

He doesn't want to be around when they kneel.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hidalgo County Texas

Poor, fat and sick.

Great healthcare you got there.:angry:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/jul/29/texas-hidalgo-county-border-mexico-coronavirus

Hundreds have died in Hidalgo county, on the Mexican border – but the governor has thwarted efforts to go back into lockdown.

Seventy-two death notices sprawled across an entire page of the Monitor newspaper in Hidalgo county recently.

The small-print entries, stacked in five tidy columns, didn’t mention Covid-19. But 27 residents of the south Texas community had died from the virus that day, 22 the day before, and 35 the day before that.

 

“I’ve never seen that ever in my life,” recalled John M Kreidler, a local funeral director, whose family has run Kreidler Funeral Home in McAllen for over a century.

That was earlier this month, but things have worsened since. The coronavirus pandemic haunts almost everything in this part of the Rio Grande valley, where more than 92% of the almost 900,000 strong population identifies as Hispanic or Latino.

Hand-sanitizing machines and big bins with masks and gloves surround shoppers at the regional grocery store. Outside of Nomad Shrine Club, a rundown event space turned drive-thru pop-up, residents join a long line of people in cars in search of a Covid-19 test with rapid results. Even Tex Mex, a gentlemen’s club, has a somber message for patrons: “Clothed Again.”

“The Rio Grande Valley has become the hotspot of a hotspot of a hotspot,” said Ivan Melendez, Hidalgo county’s health authority and a practicing clinician. “We’re at the epicenter of the coronavirus in the United States.”

Melendez recalled recently encountering a critically ill patient with an alarmingly low pulse. He tried to warn someone, but nurses informed him that a different doctor had already decided not to intervene because they “didn’t expect for [the patient] to survive”.

In the United States, where the prevailing mantra for physicians is “do no harm”, that kind of ruthless calculation strikes deep, especially when so many of the lives at stake are medically vulnerable and easily exploited.

In Hidalgo county – “a poor, fat, diabetic population”, Melendez said bluntly – nearly one in three people under age 65 lack health insurance. Thirty percent live in poverty, and a 2020 WalletHub report found that three local cities hold the distinction as the “fattest” metropolitan area in the nation.

Type 2 diabetes and obesity are among the pre-existing conditions listed by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention as risk factors for “severe illness” related to Covid-19. Meanwhile, concern over exorbitant hospital bills deters some who don’t have insurance from seeking medical care. These and other socioeconomic factors have caused the virus’ greatest tragedies to disproportionately impact minorities in the US, with Latinos hospitalized at more than four times the rate of their white counterparts.

Hidalgo county also sits along the US-Mexico border, and an estimated 102,000 unauthorized immigrants who may be afraid to seek care exist within its margins. Large families serve as an ideal vector for the virus, as do those who still flock to beaches and flea markets on weekends.

Already, 467 members of the community have died from Covid-19, according to the county, most of them since Texas reopened in May. But the state government has actively thwarted efforts to go back into lockdown, prioritizing economic vitality even as the death toll skyrockets.

Leonardo Tremari worries about going to his job inside a Walmart supercenter in McAllen, but he – and countless other employees – still have to work. “I don’t have a choice,” he told the Guardian, laughing tensely.

Last week, Hidalgo county judge Richard F Cortez ordered residents to stay home and encouraged non-essential businesses to limit their services. But a spokesperson for Texas governor Greg Abbott quickly undermined Cortez’s authority, saying it was “simply a recommendation”. The dizzying policy ping-pong is an extension of a larger politicization of the pandemic nationwide during an election year, where just suggesting wearing a face mask has become a partisan dog whistle.

Some people in Hidalgo county remain convinced that the current health crisis is made up or overblown, despite the fact that by now, everyone is at most a few degrees of separation from someone who has suffered or died because of Covid-19, Melendez said. More than 15,000 people have tested positive in the county, and last week, hospitals teemed with over a thousand patients stricken by the virus.

In a matter of weeks, Melendez has put his sixth-grade teacher on life support, opened up a body bag to play a son’s farewell video for a patient who had already died, and stumbled upon a gravely ill nurse he’d known for 30 years, whom he didn’t even recognize at first glance. Harrowing personal moments abound, as do thorny gray areas.

“There’s a moral, ethical dilemma at every place that we turn,” he said.

Hospital emergency departments are struggling to cope, so other wings have morphed into Covid units – even when they aren’t equipped to do so. One health care worker at DHR Health in Edinburg, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, described patients in hallways, two people to a room and “everything askew at all times” in a rehabilitation facility that has been converted amid the health emergency. The building isn’t made to provide so much life-sustaining oxygen, they said, and one time, it simply shut off.

“Everybody here who is a healthcare professional feels very powerless,” they said. “We’re just trying to help do what we can with the horrible resources we’ve been given.”

The explosion of cases gets bigger by the day as new infections number in the hundreds, if not the thousands. Although Texas’s reopening plan banked on a symbiotic relationship between testing and contact tracing to curtail the virus’s spread, Hidalgo county’s contact investigations have been rendered ineffective, Melendez explained. There are too few contact tracers, and too many positive test results.

There’s a moral, ethical dilemma at every place that we turn
Ivan Melendez

But anxious locals seek out diagnoses anyway. At Nomad Shrine Club, where results take minutes instead of days, members of the public arrive as early as 2 or 3am just to nab one of 300 daily tickets available for a test. A few blocks down the road, another, competing tent operation fielded so much demand that it rented out a larger parking lot.

Both testing services charge fees, either $75 or $125. Neither takes insurance.

Most patients just say they’re feeling down, said Genesis Gonzalez, a medical assistant who works at the tent. “Next thing you know, they come back positive.”

As Gonzalez baked under the Texas sun, she wore short-sleeved scrubs and a mask, her hair tied back neatly. She and her colleagues have access to more comprehensive protective gear, she said, but some of them get dizzy or faint if they wear it in 101-degree weather.

At yet another testing site, Daniela Garza reaches through car windows with her stethoscope. Her job is to swab for tests, but she simultaneously prescribes nebulizers, antibiotics, inhalers or Z-Paks because some patients don’t have primary care physicians, or can’t get in-person appointments right now. Around 40-50% of the tests from the drive-thru come back positive, Garza said. Sometimes, she sees people who just lost family members or loved ones.

“I tell ’em, you know, ‘I have no idea what your loss feels like, and I’m so incredibly sorry for that loss,’” Garza said. “But I’m proud of them for coming themselves to get tested so that they won’t go out and expose other people. That’s really hard to do.”

 
 

At Kreidler’s funeral home, corpses wrapped in sheets, then double-bagged and wrapped again lay across tables in the preparation room because there’s no space left in the cooler. The crematory is fully booked up to 10 days in advance.

Kreidler and his staff, including his wife and son, sometimes work into the night without much sleep or regular meals. They’re constantly in a rush, and every time a body leaves, it just means another spot has opened up.

“We’re wanting the pandemic to go away,” said the weary funeral director, who’s fed up with how the crisis has been manipulated as a “political football”.

“We need to get this stopped – and stopped now.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you pretend it isn't happening, the numbers don't count.  

Right bullshitters? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

If you pretend it isn't happening, the numbers don't count.  

Right bullshitters? 

And now, they don't count the numbers. Criminals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That video is really hard to watch but everyone should. We have our Freedumb brought to us by the National Pandumic Response Team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh yeah...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/man-fires-gun-in-miami-hotel-because-people-weren-t-social-distancing-police-say/ar-BB17lylv?li=BBnbcA1

"Douglas Marks, 29, was arrested Tuesday on charges of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, use of a firearm to commit a felony and discharging a firearm in public. Jail records show he’s being held at Turner Guilford Knight Correctional Center on $11,000 bond.

 

The incident occurred Monday evening in the lobby of Crystal Beach Suites on Collins Avenue. Marks noticed a woman, later identified as Veronica Pena, sitting on a couch with her son. He approached the two and told them to leave.

“You all aren’t social distancing,” Marks barked, according to the arrest report.

Ignoring him, Pena and her son didn’t move. She then overheard Marks say, “Let me take care of them, I have two people not following directions,” before he grabbed a black firearm and let off several shots, according to Miami Beach police.

No one was injured.

Marks later admitted to the shooting, saying that he did so because someone was following him. He also claimed to have asked the hotel front desk to call 911 before firing “four warning shots,” the report says."

 

You cant fix stupid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, d'ranger said:

That video is really hard to watch but everyone should. We have our Freedumb brought to us by the National Pandumic Response Team.

It's hard to watch from your perspective because you're all desensitized, numbed by the noise and petty conflict and "OH wow did you see that dumbass" news. 

It's what the rest of the world thinks and feels every time they watch the news.

It's hard to watch because its a shocking 6 minute clip of 6 months of accumulated and condensed avoidable tragedy.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These 13 states need to lock down now, according to Harvard coronavirus experts

A report released this week by the Trump administration’s coronavirus task force warns that 21 states are now in the “red zone” and need to take aggressive steps to slow the spread of COVID-19.

That sounds serious. But according to new, comprehensive national guidelines from a network of research, policy and public-health experts convened by Harvard University’s Global Health Institute and Edmond J. Safra Center for Ethics, the latest federal report probably isn’t serious enough.

Why? Because the steps it recommends may be too weak to suppress the virus, and the threshold at which it recommends them may be too high.

The Trump task force, for instance, doesn’t advise authorities to issue stay-at-home orders — anywhere. But if the Harvard experts had their way, 13 states would lock down right now. Another 22 would be considering lockdowns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

These 13 states need to lock down now, according to Harvard coronavirus experts

A report released this week by the Trump administration’s coronavirus task force warns that 21 states are now in the “red zone” and need to take aggressive steps to slow the spread of COVID-19.

That sounds serious. But according to new, comprehensive national guidelines from a network of research, policy and public-health experts convened by Harvard University’s Global Health Institute and Edmond J. Safra Center for Ethics, the latest federal report probably isn’t serious enough.

Why? Because the steps it recommends may be too weak to suppress the virus, and the threshold at which it recommends them may be too high.

The Trump task force, for instance, doesn’t advise authorities to issue stay-at-home orders — anywhere. But if the Harvard experts had their way, 13 states would lock down right now. Another 22 would be considering lockdowns.

Are you sure that the authors are giving enough credence to whether bullshit might become effective if we give it more time? Stay the course? 

Or could it be time to listen to the doctors and scientists? Nah. That would be hard. The economy is just starting to really bounce back and people are confident about going out safely.  Why mess that up? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Are you sure that the authors are giving enough credence to whether bullshit might become effective if we give it more time? Stay the course? 

Or could it be time to listen to the doctors and scientists? Nah. That would be hard. The economy is just starting to really bounce back and people are confident about going out safely.  Why mess that up? 

Jared knows, enough said.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, d'ranger said:

That video is really hard to watch but everyone should. Snip ...

Like Shortforbob said, this video reflects some of the horror and disbelief the rest of the world has been sharing for months, each and every day, when watching the news or reading the papers only to learn that the most advanced and powerful nation in this world is being fist fucked by an incompetent, weak, narcissistic raving lunatic ... and the US people just keep following suit because the holy fucking presidency.

Lambs to the slaughter.

I have nothing more to add for now. I hope you guys will start to act, with or without the blessings of an essentially empty White House. Take care of each other and try to regain control of the virus and your country. It matters.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Grog said:

Like Shortforbob said, this video reflects some of the horror and disbelief the rest of the world has been sharing for months, each and every day, when watching the news or reading the papers only to learn that the most advanced and powerful nation in this world is being fist fucked by an incompetent, weak, narcissistic raving lunatic ... and the US people just keep following suit because the holy fucking presidency.

Lambs to the slaughter.

I have nothing more to add for now. I hope you guys will start to act, with or without the blessings of an essentially empty White House. Take care of each other and try to regain control of the virus and your country. It matters.

Not all of the US people follow suit. As far as our "leadership", if you live in a "red" state with a Governor who is a Trump puppet, like we have here in Florida with Captain Ron, then you will be following the Trump virus plan, which is to sling bullshit about it. It seems less than effective at stopping a virus but maybe it will start working soon. It does seem to have killed our bullshitters here, or left them uncharacteristically silent of late. 

where y'at, bullshitters? Why so quiet?  y'all got the covid? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Grog said:

Like Shortforbob said, this video reflects some of the horror and disbelief the rest of the world has been sharing for months, each and every day, when watching the news or reading the papers only to learn that the most advanced and powerful nation in this world is being fist fucked by an incompetent, weak, narcissistic raving lunatic ... and the US people just keep following suit because the holy fucking presidency.

Lambs to the slaughter.

I have nothing more to add for now. I hope you guys will start to act, with or without the blessings of an essentially empty White House. Take care of each other and try to regain control of the virus and your country. It matters.

The real virus in the USA is the unholy BELIEF that fact does not exist, or does not matter; that one God-given Constitutional right is to believe whatever you wish, whatever makes you feel good about yourself, and that any intrusion of reality... be it economic, or a plague, or a war... is a heinous manipulation by evil forces.

One symptom of this virus is the insistence that ALL news is lying. Another is the inability to admit when one is wrong, even after reversing course 180.

- DSK

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Grog said:

the most advanced and powerful nation in this world

dream on, those times are long over

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

These 13 states need to lock down now, according to Harvard coronavirus experts

A report released this week by the Trump administration’s coronavirus task force warns that 21 states are now in the “red zone” and need to take aggressive steps to slow the spread of COVID-19.

That sounds serious. But according to new, comprehensive national guidelines from a network of research, policy and public-health experts convened by Harvard University’s Global Health Institute and Edmond J. Safra Center for Ethics, the latest federal report probably isn’t serious enough.

Why? Because the steps it recommends may be too weak to suppress the virus, and the threshold at which it recommends them may be too high.

The Trump task force, for instance, doesn’t advise authorities to issue stay-at-home orders — anywhere. But if the Harvard experts had their way, 13 states would lock down right now. Another 22 would be considering lockdowns.

The thirteen states are listed below (cases per 100,000 in last week). Anyone see a pattern?

Florida (with a staggering 48.1 new daily cases per 100,000 people), Louisiana (46.2), Mississippi (43.5), Alabama (39.1), Arizona (36.6), Tennessee (34.1), Georgia (33.8), Nevada (33.0), South Carolina (30.1), Texas (27.9), Idaho (27.5), Arkansas (26.4) and Oklahoma (25.6). 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Bristol-Cruiser said:

The thirteen states are listed below (cases per 100,000 in last week). Anyone see a pattern?

Florida (with a staggering 48.1 new daily cases per 100,000 people), Louisiana (46.2), Mississippi (43.5), Alabama (39.1), Arizona (36.6), Tennessee (34.1), Georgia (33.8), Nevada (33.0), South Carolina (30.1), Texas (27.9), Idaho (27.5), Arkansas (26.4) and Oklahoma (25.6). 

 

 

I can't imagine what you have Red into that collection.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites