Sign in to follow this  
JimBowie

"So I went online and ordered a wetsuit..."

I'm 65.  Slightly overweight.  Ordered my first-ever (s)we(a)t suit.  It's tad "snug".  It's like watching a sever arthritic trying to lace up Air Jordans to put on.  Who wants to see the video?  bwaaaaa #tooold #toofat #barf #nowayjose

Click Here if You Dare

I learned a long time ago that the wetsuit industry recommends sizes based on being tight enough to prevent flushing in a violent shore break while surfing. I'm an XL or XLT on the charts and my spring SAILING shorty is a 2XL. My surfing XLT chokes the hell out of me on the Laser. If I bought another 3/2 full suit, I would buy a 3XL for sailing. I also notice all 4 of my wetsuits shrunk a full size the first time I hung them in the sun to dry, especially the Hyperflex brand.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Eddie_E said:

I learned a long time ago that the wetsuit industry recommends sizes based on being tight enough to prevent flushing in a violent shore break while surfing. I'm an XL or XLT on the charts and my spring SAILING shorty is a 2XL. My surfing XLT chokes the hell out of me on the Laser. If I bought another 3/2 full suit, I would buy a 3XL for sailing. I also notice all 4 of my wetsuits shrunk a full size the first time I hung them in the sun to dry, especially the Hyperflex brand.

Swimming in a suit that is not snug really really sucks. Literally.

I think my idea and your idea of the word slightly is somewhat different. Those kids laughing at you are little demons...

zip goes aft ...

That video was uploaded in 2015!

Still funny though...

You also want it extra snug for diving. When I go diving the wetsuit should be barely possible to get into.

16 hours ago, martin 'hoff said:

You also want it extra snug for diving. When I go diving the wetsuit should be barely possible to get into.

On 3/9/2020 at 11:51 AM, JimBowie said:

I'm 65.  Slightly overweight.  Ordered my first-ever (s)we(a)t suit.  It's tad "snug".  It's like watching a sever arthritic trying to lace up Air Jordans to put on.  Who wants to see the video?  bwaaaaa #tooold #toofat #barf #nowayjose

Click Here if You Dare

Lube is your friend. I wear a suit too tight to get into, get it a little wet, throw a little dish detergent (or wetsuit lube) into it, and you'll slip straight in.

Ever notice how you can't get into tight spaces when they're dry, but once they're warmed up they like a glove!

• Like 2