Sign in to follow this  
JimBowie

"So I went online and ordered a wetsuit..."

Recommended Posts

I'm 65.  Slightly overweight.  Ordered my first-ever (s)we(a)t suit.  It's tad "snug".  It's like watching a sever arthritic trying to lace up Air Jordans to put on.  Who wants to see the video?  bwaaaaa #tooold #toofat #barf #nowayjose

Click Here if You Dare

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I learned a long time ago that the wetsuit industry recommends sizes based on being tight enough to prevent flushing in a violent shore break while surfing. I'm an XL or XLT on the charts and my spring SAILING shorty is a 2XL. My surfing XLT chokes the hell out of me on the Laser. If I bought another 3/2 full suit, I would buy a 3XL for sailing. I also notice all 4 of my wetsuits shrunk a full size the first time I hung them in the sun to dry, especially the Hyperflex brand.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Eddie_E said:

I learned a long time ago that the wetsuit industry recommends sizes based on being tight enough to prevent flushing in a violent shore break while surfing. I'm an XL or XLT on the charts and my spring SAILING shorty is a 2XL. My surfing XLT chokes the hell out of me on the Laser. If I bought another 3/2 full suit, I would buy a 3XL for sailing. I also notice all 4 of my wetsuits shrunk a full size the first time I hung them in the sun to dry, especially the Hyperflex brand.

Swimming in a suit that is not snug really really sucks. Literally.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think my idea and your idea of the word slightly is somewhat different. Those kids laughing at you are little demons...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

zip goes aft ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That video was uploaded in 2015!

Still funny though...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You also want it extra snug for diving. When I go diving the wetsuit should be barely possible to get into.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, martin 'hoff said:

You also want it extra snug for diving. When I go diving the wetsuit should be barely possible to get into.

 

On 3/9/2020 at 11:51 AM, JimBowie said:

I'm 65.  Slightly overweight.  Ordered my first-ever (s)we(a)t suit.  It's tad "snug".  It's like watching a sever arthritic trying to lace up Air Jordans to put on.  Who wants to see the video?  bwaaaaa #tooold #toofat #barf #nowayjose

Click Here if You Dare

Lube is your friend. I wear a suit too tight to get into, get it a little wet, throw a little dish detergent (or wetsuit lube) into it, and you'll slip straight in.

Ever notice how you can't get into tight spaces when they're dry, but once they're warmed up they like a glove!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this