FishFood

Do any of you get tired of another man's hand on your junk?

2 hours ago, Cal20sailor said:

Losing the election, going broke, and thus, losing all his paying party friends at Mar-a-lago isn't punishment enough.

A particularly nasty bout of COVID comes to mind,  it would be yuge,  everyone is sayin so,   beautiful and ironic, but it will remain a democRAT conspiracy.

14 minutes ago, Navig8tor said:

A particularly nasty bout of COVID comes to mind,  it would be yuge,  everyone is sayin so,   beautiful and ironic, but it will remain a democRAT conspiracy.

Once upon a time, a member of the British Parliament allegedly told Benjamin Disraeli that Disraeli would either die on the gallows or of the pox.  Disraeli replied: "That all depends, sir, upon whether I embrace your principles or your mistress.”

Donnie and syphilis.  The mind boggles.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jules said:

Politics is like religion, in that they both run on faith and hope.  Faith, in that the leader you chose to follow is the right one.  Hope, in that the one you choose will do the right thing.  Each is often accompanied with little evidence to support that belief. 

To expect intelligent discourse to permeate political conversation or debate is a bit naive. 

But there's little doubt that those with the intellectual capacity to apply reason and common sense, know that Trump was an extremely poor choice for president, that is if you care about continuing to promote this experiment we call democracy.

We live in a republic for one and many democrats have vowed to change that, making them the real threat to our democratic REPUBLIC. That's really the experiment and it's threatened explicitly  without a second thought by liberals.

I voted for Hillary as I used to be of the mindset that stability was best for the country. But that's to ignore that our system is corrupt, excessively regulated (how do you think companies gain advantages through government? It's favorable regulations... lack of regulation doesn't tend to lend any particular favors to competitors), and that those who are saying they'll help are likely full of shit and have no way to really help you.

Why is it that after decades of democrats pandering for minority votes and promising changes those communities remain largely economically immobile? Oh wait, racist whites. Could it be that shoving money into government and distracting from the real issues that affects these communities actually hurts them? Nope. It's just systemic racism at the hands of the right and government needs more. 

Ignorant me voted for Hillary and would agree with you. I just don't think one who recognizes the current political paradigm would think Hillary to be the better choice but to each his own. It really exposes the pedestal you put your political ideology on top of when you fail to see how an intelligent person could be of another opinion than yours. That's not a very intelligent thought ;) And we all know those who attempt to attack one's intelligence on such an extreme basis, without ever bringing up a single point, are bigly smart indeed!

I suspect this failure to recognize the legitimacy behind the anti-establishment movement fueling both his and Sanders' campaign, will be his ticket to re-election. 

• Downvote 1

10 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

It's all very well to be flippant about it, but many people love their grandparents despite their bone headed politics.

We have some young neighbors that were relating a story of last Thanksgiving, and it devolved into that- the kids apparently didn’t have the patriotism to be part of something bigger than themselves.  Not the first time I’ve heard that sort of thing, but what to do?  

I was playing a pickup game of golf with a guy in his 50’s (from out of town) a few years ago, and at a family gathering his kid and his dad had gotten into it, and he offered the same advice you did, ^^^ and the next thing he knew his dad was taking the granddaughter to a Trump rally in Spokane :blink:.  She was freaked out by that, as it was one of those ‘family friendly’ ;) events.  The family gestalt was still a bit, ahem, stressed by this 6 months later, when I heard the story, as his wife and kid were blaming him (the father) for it.  Who was going to be invited where for the holidays next was still up in the air. 

3 hours ago, Cal20sailor said:

I have a 90yo mother who has had a couple of serious bouts with respiratory issues in the past four months.  If she gets COVID-19, she will likely die and Trump will brush it off as nothing as she was sick anyway.  I hope to punch that fucker in the nose before he dies,; Kushner or Don Jr are acceptable alternatives.  Losing the election, going broke, and thus, losing all his paying party friends at Mar-a-lago isn't punishment enough.

It would be the sweetest punishment for him.

Money is his entire identity. Ignominious poverty would be the worst possible fate for him.

I suspect this failure to recognize the legitimacy behind the anti-establishment movement fueling both his and Sanders' campaign, will be his ticket to re-election. 

Trump's ticket to re-election is to again rely on stupidity, cupidity, Gunz'n'God, and the Russians.

14 minutes ago, FishFood said:

We live in a republic for one and many democrats have vowed to change that, making them the real threat to our democratic REPUBLIC. That's really the experiment and it's threatened explicitly  without a second thought by liberals. 

I voted for Hillary as I used to be of the mindset that stability was best for the country. But that's to ignore that our system is corrupt, excessively regulated (how do you think companies gain advantages through government? It's favorable regulations... lack of regulation doesn't tend to lend any particular favors to competitors), and that those who are saying they'll help are likely full of shit and have no way to really help you.

Why is it that after decades of democrats pandering for minority votes and promising changes those communities remain largely economically immobile? Oh wait, racist whites. Could it be that shoving money into government and distracting from the real issues that affects these communities actually hurts them? Nope. It's just systemic racism at the hands of the right and government needs more. 

Ignorant me voted for Hillary and would agree with you. I just don't think one who recognizes the current political paradigm would think Hillary to be the better choice but to each his own. It really exposes the pedestal you put your political ideology on top of when you fail to see how an intelligent person could be of another opinion than yours. That's not a very intelligent thought ;) And we all know those who attempt to attack one's intelligence on such an extreme basis, without ever bringing up a single point, are bigly smart indeed!

People live on faith and hope.  Maybe because they feel they cannot change the system due to the rich and powerful owning it. 

I had hoped to go to my grave seeing the electorate vote in their best interest just once.  From what I have seen thus far this election, I don't believe I will ever see that.  The majority of the candidates are puppets of the donor class.  And the voters seem just fine with that.

16 hours ago, FishFood said:

People tend to stay of the same political affiliation throughout life. 

Um No.....  

• Like 1

22 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

Re: the thread title - never. :D

Sounds like the Crab has rubbed off on you kiddo.

Are you sure he's NOT one of Crab's dirty socks??

2 minutes ago, Jules said:

People live on faith and hope.  Maybe because they feel they cannot change the system due to the rich and powerful owning it. 

I had hoped to go to my grave seeing the electorate vote in their best interest just once.  From what I have seen thus far this election, I don't believe I will ever see that.  The majority of the candidates are puppets of the donor class.  And the voters seem just fine with that.

Money and Politics do not equal Democracy, until that changes,  you cannot expect change in any meaningful way.

11 hours ago, FishFood said:

It's really just shorthand for the observation that liberals (in this case) jump to conclusions without any research or thought with regards to everything Trump. But orange man bad.

Cite????  Welcome to the big leagues...  :D:lol:

4 hours ago, Cal20sailor said:

I have a 90yo mother who has had a couple of serious bouts with respiratory issues in the past four months.  If she gets COVID-19, she will likely die and Trump will brush it off as nothing as she was sick anyway.  I hope to punch that fucker in the nose before he dies,; Kushner or Don Jr are acceptable alternatives.  Losing the election, going broke, and thus, losing all his paying party friends at Mar-a-lago isn't punishment enough.

My 91 year old FIL died 6 months back. He had COPD, among other things, and we had to scrupulously pay attention to any bugs we might be bringing into his assisted care facility.  Trump’s attitude and actions towards the elderly viz  COVID-19 is borderline unfathomable.  Possibly criminal as far as the airline travel advice is concerned?  Don’t punch anyone.  It won’t be worth it.  As Obama likes to say, vote!  

7 minutes ago, Navig8tor said:

Money and Politics do not equal Democracy, until that changes,  you cannot expect change in any meaningful way.

Absolutely.  Money and politics want to destroy democracy.

10 hours ago, Amati said:

But they will die happy!  Proud to lay down their lives for a beautiful president.  

Death panels??  Amazing that the repubs are gonna have to decide who gets the ventilators.  Come on Dog..  Defend that shit....  As I racall not 1 person died from death panels...  You guys got over 1000 on your hands...  

37 minutes ago, FishFood said:

When ones foundation of principals is built on falsehoods, well, you get what you pay for.  Those that voted for him need to own it.  Instead, they propagate falsehoods to the detriment of the republic.  

25 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

It would be the sweetest punishment for him.

Money is his entire identity. Ignominious poverty would be the worst possible fate for him.

ba19f814-7d71-49b1-8572-e093d726dc93_tex

46 minutes ago, FishFood said:

So you voted for Hillary, she lost, and that convinced you to loath Liberals because of what amounts to Trumpian political memes?  I must have missed something.

Okay, we have bashed in to pieces the "bad" part of FF's "orange man bad". How about we address the "orange" part. What insanity drives Trump to paint his face like an orange raccoon?

My theory, supported by some authorities, is Trump's complex relationship with his mother. She was ridiculously coiffed and painted. Trump emulates her. Maybe to foolishly seek his father's unattainable approval. Kinda explain's Trumps entire effeminate persona. Yeah, I know, the sycophants think Trump is manly. But I think those men (FF, BB?) are just confused by their sexual attraction to Trump feminine signaling with his over-the-top lip expressions, hair, makeup, and rolls of barnyard motherly flab.

Am I right?

36 minutes ago, El Boracho said:

Okay, we have bashed in to pieces the "bad" part of FF's "orange man bad". How about we address the "orange" part. What insanity drives Trump to paint his face like an orange raccoon?

My theory, supported by some authorities, is Trump's complex relationship with his mother. She was ridiculously coiffed and painted. Trump emulates her. Maybe to foolishly seek his father's unattainable approval. Kinda explain's Trumps entire effeminate persona. Yeah, I know, the sycophants think Trump is manly. But I think those men (FF, BB?) are just confused by their sexual attraction to Trump feminine signaling with his over-the-top lip expressions, hair, makeup, and rolls of barnyard motherly flab.

Am I right?

Sounds pretty reasonable to me.

1 hour ago, shaggy said:

Cite????  Welcome to the big leagues...  :D:lol:

Do you want research on the underlying human behaviours at play? I can provide that if you promise to actually address it unlike your brethren. There's plenty of research on social identify with regards to partisanship.

https://news.stanford.edu/2017/08/31/political-party-identities-stronger-race-religion/

https://www.voterstudygroup.org/publication/party-hoppers

Here is some info that helps understand orange man bad. https://oxfordre.com/politics/view/10.1093/acrefore/9780190228637.001.0001/acrefore-9780190228637-e-250?rskey=HUB33e&result=9

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, FishFood said:

Do you want research on the underlying human behaviours at play? I can provide that if you promise to actually address it unlike you're brethren. There's plenty of research on social identify with regards to partisanship.

https://news.stanford.edu/2017/08/31/political-party-identities-stronger-race-religion/

https://www.voterstudygroup.org/publication/party-hoppers

Here is some info that helps understand orange man bad. https://oxfordre.com/politics/view/10.1093/acrefore/9780190228637.001.0001/acrefore-9780190228637-e-250?rskey=HUB33e&result=9

You can google..  Good for you.  Welcome to the dark side...  :)

14 minutes ago, shaggy said:

You can google..  Good for you.  Welcome to the dark side...  :)

Silly me, I knew you wouldn't address it!

I didn't need Google except to shove evidence of a pretty well known phenomenon at someone who puts up as many roadblocks to thought as possible ;)

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, El Boracho said:

Am I right?

Ewwww.

That makes it even more appalling, which I thought was impossible

- DSK

2 hours ago, shaggy said:

Um No.....  

Yeah no.  My parents were fairly conservative growing up.  So not surprisingly My first vote for POTUS was Ronnie Raygun.  Not so the second time.  My dad has become liberal and my mom is now a moderate.  She just became a citizen a couple of years ago but won’t vote for Trump.

Just now, Fakenews said:

Yeah no.  My parents were fairly conservative growing up.  So not surprisingly My first vote for POTUS was Ronnie Raygun.  Not so the second time.  My dad has become liberal and my mom is now a moderate.  She just became a citizen a couple of years ago but won’t vote for Trump.

Same, Dad was crazy conservative until Regan, then he saw the light and joined me mum.  

40 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

Anecdotal evidence, the best kind!

Feel free to actually look at the evidence provided you retards. 

• Downvote 2

1 hour ago, FishFood said:

Feel free to actually look at the evidence provided you retards

Seriously?  I take it you're not going into SPEC ED despite being a failed product of their best efforts.  

For the National Review to shit on a GOP President is pretty rare, but Trump has earned the criticism in spades!

From  https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/03/president-trump-needs-to-step-up-on-the-coronavirus/  

The failures of leadership at the top, however, show no sign of being corrected. In a serious public-health crisis, the public has the right to expect the government’s chief executive to lead in a number of crucial ways: by prioritizing the problem properly, by deferring to subject-matter experts when appropriate while making key decisions in informed and sensible ways, by providing honest and careful information to the country, by calming fears and setting expectations, and by addressing mistakes and setbacks.

Trump so far hasn’t passed muster on any of these metrics. He resisted making the response to the epidemic a priority for as long as he could — refusing briefings, downplaying the problem, and wasting precious time. He has failed to properly empower his subordinates and refused to trust the information they provided him — often offering up unsubstantiated claims and figures from cable television instead. He has spoken about the crisis in crude political and personal terms. He has stood in the way of public understanding of the plausible course of the epidemic, trafficking instead in dismissive clichés. He has denied his administration’s missteps, making it more difficult to address them.

This presidential behavior is all too familiar. It is how he has gotten through scandals and fiascos for more than three years in office. But those were all essentially political in nature, and most were self-created. The country has been lucky in the Trump era, largely avoiding the sorts of major, unforeseen crises that make the greatest demands of the modern presidency. That luck has now run out, and this demands a new level of seriousness from the president and those around him.

President Trump needs to rise to this challenge. His partisan adversaries are sure he can’t. We hope he proves them wrong.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, FishFood said:

:D I love it when Joe "Not Yet In" College educates people who have decades of experience and knowledge.

I, myself, personally have lived through 13 POTUS's and 11 Prime Ministers.

I have a tad better ability to grasp what's going on in politics than you do.

Just a tad.

And there are lots more like that here. They know as much more about politics than you as they do about sailing.

And that's a LOT.

1 hour ago, SloopJonB said:

:D I love it when Joe "Not Yet In" College educates people who have decades of experience and knowledge.

I, myself, personally have lived through 13 POTUS's and 11 Prime Ministers.

I have a tad better ability to grasp what's going on in politics than you do.

Just a tad.

And there are lots more like that here. They know as much more about politics than you as they do about sailing.

And that's a LOT.

Although there are folks on this forum who are vastly less informed than Fish Feud, surprising as it may be. You can tell them by their regular abandonment of identity and adoption of another.

6 hours ago, FishFood said:

I just checked in and find you are still posting your bullshit under your sock.

I almost admire you for your dedicated endurance to a pointless exercise.  

Almost.  Keep up the good work and impress me more. 

17 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

Although there are folks on this forum who are vastly less informed than Fish Feud, surprising as it may be. You can tell them by their regular abandonment of identity and adoption of another.

Oh yeah - he's a prize compared to some.

He's got a neat boat for one thing.

And he actually sails it.

10 hours ago, SloopJonB said:
10 hours ago, Ishmael said:

Oh yeah - he's a prize compared to some.

He's got a neat boat for one thing.

And he actually sails it.

Does he still have it? I thought he was giving it away.

- DSK

On 3/10/2020 at 7:43 PM, FishFood said:

I'm not trolling, even if somewhat fucking around and enjoying this. I think you've got to be pretty out of touch to think that what I'm saying isn't rooted in reality.

I don't have a solution. Shit, I don't think I even have a problem. I'm not the one who thinks Bad Orange Man is a racist sexist pig or that Obama wanted to rule in tyranny. I just wonder if y'all ever yearn to not be cogs in a machine.

It does simplify your understanding to place people into categories.

It doesn't represent rigorous thinking.