Roleur

Shearwater (J/120) is for sale...

Recommended Posts

Yes, I bought an ad - https://sailinganarchy.com/advert/1998-j-120-shearwater-2/

Or you can go directly to the broker listing - https://sailnorthwest.com/boat/j-120-2/

After much deliberation we've decided to downsize and focus more on racing (J/111), so Shearwater is up for grabs.  We purchased Shearwater in 2011 and have upgraded a long, long list of items.  There are 5 racing sails that are less than 2 years old.  New diesel heat, new fridge, new dodger canvas, and new topside paint are some of the recent changes.  

We've chronicled most of our adventures since buying Shearwater here - http://www.svshearwater.com/  Including videos of our Atlantic crossing, race to Hawaii, and Van Isle 360.

 

74216827_10156380548591498_8032453240048058368_o.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

How about Spadefoot?

FB- Doug

We sold Spadefoot in 2018.  Once we moved to the same location as Shearwater, having two boats didn't make sense anymore.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Roleur said:

We sold Spadefoot in 2018.  Once we moved to the same location as Shearwater, having two boats didn't make sense anymore.   

Didn't realize... -that- was the boat I wanted!

You're really doing it right.

FB- Doug

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Damn, wish I hadn't just dropped $50k in upgrades/maintenance on my current boat, would have loved to switch out to this one...

 

Good luck on the sale, I'm sure it will move quickly, and good luck with the new boat!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Goatish said:

Damn, wish I hadn't just dropped $50k in upgrades/maintenance on my current boat, would have loved to switch out to this one...

 

Good luck on the sale, I'm sure it will move quickly, and good luck with the new boat!

Don't let that stop you!  We put way more than $50k in upgrades into Shearwater recently, before putting her on the market...  It's a boat.  That's how it goes.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/12/2020 at 7:10 AM, Steam Flyer said:

Didn't realize... -that- was the boat I wanted!

You're really doing it right.

FB- Doug

And I just bought the sistership Windrower last week. Really excited to start racing her! Was about a 4500 mile road trip to drive out to Cali, pick her up and bring her back to Indiana. 

 

IMG_20200308_141936.jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JoelGreatLakes said:

And I just bought the sistership Windrower last week. Really excited to start racing her! Was about a 4500 mile road trip to drive out to Cali, pick her up and bring her back to Indiana. 

 

IMG_20200308_141936.jpg

Congratulations.

Where will the boat be sailing from?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@marcus brutus I am based out of Michigan City IN. But she will be on the trailer a lot traveling to events outside of our area. The goal is to get an experience of sailing beyond what is offered in Southern Lake Michigan. 

@Roleur Shearwater looks beautiful! Whoever ends up picking her up will have a great boat on their hands! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sold!  Staying in the Salish Sea.  They new owners think they will be cruising mostly, but they come from racing, and they will soon find out what a fun boat Shearwater is to race.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congratulations. I saw it was being surveyed a few weeks ago and wondered what happened.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, steele said:

Congratulations. I saw it was being surveyed a few weeks ago and wondered what happened.

Closing took 6 weeks.  Apparently the marine title companies are swamped right now.  Every step of the closing process seemed to take longer than normal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congratulations on the sail of your J/120. ... Who made your dodger? I'm in the market.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/29/2020 at 5:25 PM, Roleur said:

Sold!  Staying in the Salish Sea.  They new owners think they will be cruising mostly, but they come from racing, and they will soon find out what a fun boat Shearwater is to race.

What did it sell for? $155,000? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, mcg00 said:

Congratulations on the sail of your J/120. ... Who made your dodger? I'm in the market.

North Sails in Annapolis.  It is awesome.  The extension is the key.  Makes it look better and more than doubles the sun/rain protection while sitting in the cockpit.  We did all kinds of races and had a number of nice wins, always with the dodger.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/31/2020 at 9:54 AM, Cristoforo said:

Sold!  Staying in the Salish Sea.  They new owners think they will be cruising mostly, but they come from racing, and they will soon find out what a fun boat Shearwater is to race.

 

On 8/31/2020 at 9:54 AM, Cristoforo said:

What did it sell for? $155,000? 

  

Bump.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know Roleur and he's too classy to answer that question.  It's up to the buyer to disclose the price, if they care to.

If you know a broker with access to YW's sold listings, they might look it up for you.  Or not, if you're just another hull-kicker.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BobJ said:

I know Roleur and he's too classy to answer that question.  It's up to the buyer to disclose the price, if they care to.

If you know a broker with access to YW's sold listings, they might look it up for you.  Or not, if you're just another hull-kicker.

Do you know what happens to those who stick their nose where it does not belong, nosy fella?

 

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well that's kind of the point, isn't it?  (Pun intended.)  It's none of your goddamned business what the boat sold for.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, BobJ said:

Well that's kind of the point, isn't it?  (Pun intended.)  It's none of your goddamned business what the boat sold for.

The point is that no one asked you anything, Mr.Knowall.

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BobJ said:

Welcome to internet forums.  You're clearly new to this.

Another inaccurate assumptions by an assclown.

You keep pissing on your shoes and then getting your miniscule pee pee caught in the zipper.

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, BobJ said:

Your numerous boring videos posted on You Tube confirm that you are a petty, patronizing, petulant, pompeus poseur

If only you had learned how to sail on a boat like the one above, you would have been be able to sail the boat below.

https://www.facebook.com/253175551386672/posts/3030586573645542/?vh=e&extid=I0dysWEzLnWOZUv4&d=n

 

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/31/2020 at 10:35 AM, mcg00 said:

Congratulations on the sail of your J/120. ... Who made your dodger? I'm in the market.

Call Neil Thurston From Quantum Bristol RI.  He made them all for J-Boats and probally has the patterns.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

second recommending Neil.  he did mine on my 120 this spring and did a very nice job at a very good price.  I didn't have time to do the custom extension, but will likely have something like that added to mine.

good luck.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/7/2020 at 10:37 PM, T sailor said:

second recommending Neil.  he did mine on my 120 this spring and did a very nice job at a very good price.  I didn't have time to do the custom extension, but will likely have something like that added to mine.

good luck.

 

 

Definitely get the 'FLY' for those hot sunny days lounging around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now