Roleur

Shearwater (J/120) is for sale...

Yes, I bought an ad - https://sailinganarchy.com/advert/1998-j-120-shearwater-2/

Or you can go directly to the broker listing - https://sailnorthwest.com/boat/j-120-2/

After much deliberation we've decided to downsize and focus more on racing (J/111), so Shearwater is up for grabs.  We purchased Shearwater in 2011 and have upgraded a long, long list of items.  There are 5 racing sails that are less than 2 years old.  New diesel heat, new fridge, new dodger canvas, and new topside paint are some of the recent changes.  

We've chronicled most of our adventures since buying Shearwater here - http://www.svshearwater.com/  Including videos of our Atlantic crossing, race to Hawaii, and Van Isle 360.

74216827_10156380548591498_8032453240048058368_o.jpg

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

How about Spadefoot?

FB- Doug

We sold Spadefoot in 2018.  Once we moved to the same location as Shearwater, having two boats didn't make sense anymore.   

9 hours ago, Roleur said:

We sold Spadefoot in 2018.  Once we moved to the same location as Shearwater, having two boats didn't make sense anymore.   

Didn't realize... -that- was the boat I wanted!

You're really doing it right.

FB- Doug

Damn, wish I hadn't just dropped $50k in upgrades/maintenance on my current boat, would have loved to switch out to this one...

Good luck on the sale, I'm sure it will move quickly, and good luck with the new boat!

1 hour ago, Goatish said:

Damn, wish I hadn't just dropped $50k in upgrades/maintenance on my current boat, would have loved to switch out to this one...

Good luck on the sale, I'm sure it will move quickly, and good luck with the new boat!

Don't let that stop you!  We put way more than $50k in upgrades into Shearwater recently, before putting her on the market...  It's a boat.  That's how it goes.  

On 3/12/2020 at 7:10 AM, Steam Flyer said:

Didn't realize... -that- was the boat I wanted!

You're really doing it right.

FB- Doug

And I just bought the sistership Windrower last week. Really excited to start racing her! Was about a 4500 mile road trip to drive out to Cali, pick her up and bring her back to Indiana. 

IMG_20200308_141936.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JoelGreatLakes said:

And I just bought the sistership Windrower last week. Really excited to start racing her! Was about a 4500 mile road trip to drive out to Cali, pick her up and bring her back to Indiana. 

IMG_20200308_141936.jpg

Congratulations.

Where will the boat be sailing from?

@marcus brutus I am based out of Michigan City IN. But she will be on the trailer a lot traveling to events outside of our area. The goal is to get an experience of sailing beyond what is offered in Southern Lake Michigan. 

@Roleur Shearwater looks beautiful! Whoever ends up picking her up will have a great boat on their hands!