4 hours ago, Rennmaus said:

Once the indigenous peoples are gone, there's no opposition anymore to completely burn down the Amazonas. I'm really losing faith in mankind; this virus brings out the worst in so many a##holes.

Try to look to the positives ahead like I do. 

Trump may be an idiot but he at least does that and it does help to inspire confidence in a good future ahead. He’s a Believer, am on board with that. 

22 minutes ago, Stingray~ said:

He’s a Believer, am on board with that. 

The only thing he believes in is himself.

15 minutes ago, Woolfy said:

The only thing he believes in is himself.

Agreed. He has a lot of crossed wires but in this situation maybe he has the right overall ‘tude for the one holding maybe the biggest megaphone.

Reagan had issues but he inspired confidence, that part of his personality was a touch inspiring too.

Trump seems to realize, as we all do, that the planet needs a ‘fcking vaccine, asap. With his veto power over stunning sums of money, that’s a pretty good ‘tude, it beats many cold-hearted other possibilities. 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

26 minutes ago, Stingray~ said:

Agreed. He has a lot of crossed wires but in this situation maybe he has the right overall ‘tude for the one holding maybe the biggest megaphone.

Reagan had issues but he inspired confidence, that part of his personality was a touch inspiring too.

Trump seems to realize, as we all do, that the planet needs a ‘fcking vaccine, asap. With his veto power over stunning sums of money, that’s a pretty good ‘tude, it beats many cold-hearted other possibilities. 

Interesting to see you twist and turn in vain to justify the actions or lack thereof of a preening, certifiable dimwit!

• Like 4
  • Downvote 1

Wow, I used to be in kind of "smug mode" thinking I lived in a part of the country that was intelligent,

that just shriveled up & died.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Stingray~ said:

Ha ha ha, that's a good one.all that fella realizes is what he needs to do to win, to not be caught, and "fired". Good 'tude indeed, hope you were just trolling as usual and really don't mean that.

Or, get on out to your next BBQ, hell, have one at your place.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Stingray~ said:

Trump may be an idiot but he at least does that and it does help to inspire confidence in a good future ahead. He’s a Believer, am on board with that. 

You are the same poster that was active in the AC threads?

Do you hire yourself out as a liar for hire or are you just dumb as fuck?

People are curious to know.

• Downvote 1

10 hours ago, Stingray~ said:

He believes that all we have to do to wish the coronavirus away is reduce or eliminate testing. If we didn't test, we wouldn't find any cases, and they therefore would not exist. That's not a "belief" in anything rational. It's dangerous naivete.

You're on board with that?

10 hours ago, Stingray~ said:

Spinray at it again. 

1 minute ago, Rennmaus said:

There is nothing good or hopeful about the ongoings in Brazil.

Feel rather sad watching it unfold, especially having lived in northern Brazil for a time. I can’t imagine how it must be as it tears through the poor areas and communities. 

11 hours ago, Stingray~ said:

Every "great" or "wonderful" promise he makes inspires rabid pessimism and lowers confidence among anybody who follows multiple legit news sources or knows how government works in the US. He has a track record that is not inspiring.

Also, I suspect US money may be spent delivering the vaccines others have paid to develop. 

2 minutes ago, NeedAClew said:

Every "great" or "wonderful" promise he makes inspires rabid pessimism and lowers confidence among anybody who follows multiple legit news sources or knows how government works in the US. He has a track record that is not inspiring.

Also, I suspect US money may be spent delivering the vaccines others have paid to develop. 

But there’s a Warp Drive vaccine program and a Super  Duper rocket as well. 

What more could the US public want? 

41 minutes ago, mad said:

But there’s a Warp Drive vaccine program and a Super  Duper rocket as well. 

What more could the US public want? 

Use your imagination. 

2 hours ago, NeedAClew said:

Almost nothing T does is good, we agree! Sadly, it’s almost all bad.

But things could be even worse, he could be preaching that hell and damnation lie ahead; instead, he displays a modicum of (yes, probably misguided, but still) optimism about things improving sooner rather than later.

Just now, Stingray~ said:

But things could be even worse, he could be preaching that hell and damnation lie ahead; instead, he displays a modicum of (yes, probably misguided, but still) optimism. 

To try to save his own sorry ass, not to inspire the nation. 

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, Stingray~ said:

But things could be even worse, he could be preaching that hell and damnation lie ahead; instead, he displays a modicum of (yes, probably misguided, but still) optimism about things improving sooner rather than later.

So your defense of a totally incompetent person is to say it could be worse?  You must be drinking the Kool-Aid to think he is being positive and inspiring.  History will not look favorably on him or those that enabled him.  He could not be handling it any worse.  He has now empowered the crazy, gun toting idiots to fight their local governments and break the laws.  This will not end well and all that we scarified these last few months will be lost.  Infection rates have not gone down and most parts of the country and now they opened up to increase the spread.  

A once proud and respected country that had its blemishes has now turned into the laughing stock of the world.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, KiwiJoker said:

Interesting to see you twist and turn in vain to justify the actions or lack thereof of a preening, certifiable dimwit!

sad rationalizations are common by those who drowned their conscience to support a buffoon just so their retirement account grew

4 hours ago, Rennmaus said:

There is nothing good or hopeful about the ongoings in Brazil.

Untrue.  People are re-learning something forgotten in half a century or more without major war: Electing unqualified leaders is unwise.  Gonna be an expensive lesson in the top four countries for death and officials at the top who have only a passing relationship with the truth: US/UK/RUS/BRA, and I imagine it will be a big gap to numbers 5-200.  Lying and ignoring science can be very costly.

• Like 5

I am 100% sure that SR does not endorse the Orange Dotard in the slightest. Although the wording above is unfortunate in its try to be a bit positive among my and others' doom and gloom here.

3 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

Untrue.  People are re-learning something forgotten in half a century or more without major war: Electing unqualified leaders is unwise.  Gonna be an expensive lesson in the top four countries for death and officials at the top who have only a passing relationship with the truth: US/UK/RUS/BRA, and I imagine it will be a big gap to numbers 5-200.  Lying and ignoring science can be very costly.

We will see in November. I'm not so naïve to think that people can learn from their mistakes.

Just now, Rennmaus said:

We will see in November. I'm not so naïve to think that people can learn from their mistakes.

Sometimes you do, sometimes you don't. As you say, we will see this November whether the US has learned anything or not.

Don't vote for idiots. Vote as if your life depends on it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, accnick said:

Sometimes you do, sometimes you don't. As you say, we will see this November whether the US has learned anything or not.

Don't vote for idiots. Vote as if your life depends on it.

And first and foremost: Vote at all!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Rennmaus said:
21 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

Neither do I,

It’s going to be a very painful lesson for the population of the UK, especially as Brexit provides an extra push towards the cliff edge. 

18 minutes ago, Rennmaus said:

I am 100% sure that SR does not endorse the Orange Dotard in the slightest. Although the wording above is unfortunate in its try to be a bit positive among my and others' doom and gloom here.

Thank you for your empathetic insight 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, accnick said:

Vote as if your life depends on it.

Because sometimes, even in this technological world that's reduced the chance of being murdered or raped by conquering tribes, it still does.

6 hours ago, mad said:

Feel rather sad watching it unfold, especially having lived in northern Brazil for a time. I can’t imagine how it must be as it tears through the poor areas and communities. 

Sadly, having done a project at the N-W corner of Brazil over two years, conditions there (and in Rio’s / São Paulo’s favelas)  are so appalling that I’m convinced the virus will barely register among the other pre-existing hardships

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stingray~ said:

Reposting, to include the ‘not’ as had been intended

—-

Bernie Sanders refers to Trump as a ‘pathological psychopath’ and, while I have Not read the clinical or Latin definition, I’m still confident it’s an accurate diagnosis :D

pathological adjective (NOT CONTROLLED)

I've got a pathological fear of heights.
Anthony's a pathological liar.

A psychopath doesn’t have a conscience. If he lies to you so he can steal your money, he won’t feel any moral qualms, though he may pretend to. He may observe others and then act the way they do so he’s not “found out,”   /ww w.webmd. com

wiki

Psychopathy is traditionally a personality disorder characterized by persistent antisocial behavior, impaired empathy and remorse, and bold, disinhibited, and egotistical traits.[1][2][3] It is sometimes considered synonymous with sociopathy. Different conceptions of psychopathy have been used throughout history that are only partly overlapping and may sometimes be contradictory.[4]

the description is a bit redundant as all his traits including the pathological part is part of psychopathy .. a psychopath doesn't know or care so they have by definition no control over it anyway

4 hours ago, MR.CLEAN said:

You can add Australia to that list of countries with leaders that have a passing relationship with the truth.

1 minute ago, NZL3481 said:

You can add Australia to that list of countries with leaders that have a passing relationship with the truth.

Seem to be doing OK though.  Why?

4 hours ago, MR.CLEAN said:

Untrue.  People are re-learning something forgotten in half a century or more without major war: Electing unqualified leaders is unwise.  

Can't say Jacinda is that well qualified when it comes to dealing with a pandemic... difference is she recognised that and listened to those that are. Then followed up on their guidance and clearly stated to the electorate what was required to stop the spread.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Woolfy said:

Can't say Jacinda is that well qualified when it comes to dealing with a pandemic... difference is she recognised that and listened to those that are. Then followed up on their guidance and clearly stated to the electorate what was required to stop the spread.

Qualified to lead is the metric here. No one is asking presidents or PMs to be actual scientists, though that could be refreshing once in a while.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

Australia's PM has listened to the experts up to a point. Yes the pandemic is largely under control and Australia could be considered the envy of other G20 countries, but he had no option not to after his disastrous handling of the bushfires at the beginning of the year when he took off to Hawaii for a family holiday while the country burned.

He promised a non-existent $2bn to help bushfire affected areas. People are still living in tents & caravans are waiting for electricity, water, grants and loans promised.

His focus now is on rebuilding the economy which rightly deserves attention, but his impatience threatens all the good work done of Australia's medical community over the last two months. That will be because the promises he's made with shitloads of cash will be a fraction of what has been committed. The longer this goes on, the greater the chance his charade of shitloads of cash becomes exposed. The AUS PM is almost taunting state governments by saying they're being too cautious and that restrictions on freedoms and parts of the economy should be lifted sooner and faster, potentially bringing two months of good work undone.

He was humiliated into backing harder lockdown measures after two state governments forced his hand by closing schools.

The AUS government is responsible for the countries biggest infection cluster by letting a cruise ship with dozens of ill passengers into Sydney, allowing all its passengers to disembark and go home. Dozens of people dead and hundreds infected in almost every state in the country. This was less than 48 hours after he said his government would be solely responsible for management of the country's borders.

The AUS PM dismisses his exposed lies just like Trump & Boris Johnson by refusing to be accountable and asking the press gallery for their next question.

5 hours ago, Rennmaus said:

Well that's nice. His idol the great sailing philanthropist is a very public Dotard supporter and enabler via fundraising, and encouraged Dotard gamechanger drug and ( just a coincidence) "free" (if you don't count opportunity cost and help with numerous lawsuits) database partnership so it would not be a stretch. 

• Like 1

Hundreds total infected sounds pretty good. Try getting your head around hundreds more cases a day in places like Maryland. 

2 hours ago, Woolfy said:

Like skin said, the leader doesn't need to be a subject matter expert.  They just need to have enough wisdom listen and the conviction to make the hard decisions.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, NeedAClew said:

Hundreds total infected sounds pretty good. Try getting your head around hundreds more cases a day in places like Maryland. 

Meh, it’s just the counties bordering DC that are having issues.  The rest of us in Maryland are doing ok considering. 

Also, you folks need to get a grip in regards to Trump.  The guy is a fucking idiot but he is all talk, a troll.  And you folk fall for it. 

WetHog  :ph34r:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, phill_nz said:

pathological adjective (NOT CONTROLLED)

I've got a pathological fear of heights.
Anthony's a pathological liar.

A psychopath doesn’t have a conscience. If he lies to you so he can steal your money, he won’t feel any moral qualms, though he may pretend to. He may observe others and then act the way they do so he’s not “found out,”   /ww w.webmd. com

wiki

Psychopathy is traditionally a personality disorder characterized by persistent antisocial behavior, impaired empathy and remorse, and bold, disinhibited, and egotistical traits.[1][2][3] It is sometimes considered synonymous with sociopathy. Different conceptions of psychopathy have been used throughout history that are only partly overlapping and may sometimes be contradictory.[4]

the description is a bit redundant as all his traits including the pathological part is part of psychopathy .. a psychopath doesn't know or care so they have by definition no control over it anyway

Cool, thanks for getting into it. 

It’s been hard lately to laugh more than hate but somehow it is increasingly important to do so.

We are all in the same boat, but in our fantasies let’s pretend her name is Alpha Centauri ️ 

24 minutes ago, WetHog said:

Meh, it’s just the counties bordering DC that are having issues.  The rest of us in Maryland are doing ok considering. 

Also, you folks need to get a grip in regards to Trump.  The guy is a fucking idiot but he is all talk, a troll.  And you folk fall for it. 

Jesus fuck... you turn up out of the blue and lay a steaming turd like that?

"Meh" to others dying so long as it's not in your back yard? - fuck me once...

"all talk" ... "and you folk fall for it" - fuck me twice... so far there's 89,562 people at the poor end of the administration's rhetoric, inaction, and poor decisions... 'talk' has nothing to do with it mate... 

get . a . fucking .clue

Albeit somewhat reassuring to know the only people here I take issue with in regards to AC banter, also align nicely on the deeply-fucked-in-the-head-on-other-matters index.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, NZL3481 said:

Australia's PM has listened to the experts up to a point. Yes the pandemic is largely under control and Australia could be considered the envy of other G20 countries, but he had no option not to after his disastrous handling of the bushfires at the beginning of the year when he took off to Hawaii for a family holiday while the country burned.

He promised a non-existent $2bn to help bushfire affected areas. People are still living in tents & caravans are waiting for electricity, water, grants and loans promised.

His focus now is on rebuilding the economy which rightly deserves attention, but his impatience threatens all the good work done of Australia's medical community over the last two months. That will be because the promises he's made with shitloads of cash will be a fraction of what has been committed. The longer this goes on, the greater the chance his charade of shitloads of cash becomes exposed. The AUS PM is almost taunting state governments by saying they're being too cautious and that restrictions on freedoms and parts of the economy should be lifted sooner and faster, potentially bringing two months of good work undone.

He was humiliated into backing harder lockdown measures after two state governments forced his hand by closing schools.

The AUS government is responsible for the countries biggest infection cluster by letting a cruise ship with dozens of ill passengers into Sydney, allowing all its passengers to disembark and go home. Dozens of people dead and hundreds infected in almost every state in the country. This was less than 48 hours after he said his government would be solely responsible for management of the country's borders.

The AUS PM dismisses his exposed lies just like Trump & Boris Johnson by refusing to be accountable and asking the press gallery for their next question.

Mate, you would not know shit from clay when it comes to Aus politics.  What you are saying is total bullshit, I don't where you are getting your "fact' from but you are wrong. You don't seem to understand the distinction from Federal politics and State politics and how each has different authorities. Stick to your own country where you can idolise queen Cindy. Anything thats not left wing is wrong in your eyes.

We are all in the same boat, but in our fantasies let’s pretend her name is Alpha Centauri

️  

from memory 1, 1, 3, 1, 0, 0, 1, 0, 0, 0, 1, 0, 0,

we are defiantly not in the same boat

ours is now usable for practise and play  ( if we stay careful )

the water is still poring into yours

to be fair it looks like the pumps are holding it steady or better at the moment

so long as an unexpected wave doesn't come along and swamp you again you may make it to shore at some time ... hint .. you may need to stock up with plenty of food .. but you wont be needing toilet paper to mop up the damp spots anytime soon

16 minutes ago, rh3000 said:

Jesus fuck... you turn up out of the blue and lay a steaming turd like that?

"Meh" to others dying so long as it's not in your back yard? - fuck me once...

"all talk" ... "and you folk fall for it" - fuck me twice... so far there's 89,562 people at the poor end of the administration's rhetoric, inaction, and poor decisions... 'talk' has nothing to do with it mate... 

get . a . fucking .clue

Albeit somewhat reassuring to know the only people here I take issue with in regards to AC banter, also align nicely on the deeply-fucked-in-the-head-on-other-matters index.

My meh was toward the comment 100s newly infected, not about deaths.  

Also, learn how the US government works before making comments.  I don’t comment on Kiwi government matters because I don’t live there and I don’t know how it works.  You should do the same. 

13 minutes ago, trt131 said:

Mate, you would not know shit from clay when it comes to Aus politics.  What you are saying is total bullshit, I don't where you are getting your "fact' from but you are wrong. You don't seem to understand the distinction from Federal politics and State politics and how each has different authorities. Stick to your own country where you can idolise queen Cindy. Anything thats not left wing is wrong in your eyes.

Two things:

You clearly have no idea where I live.

You clearly have no idea.

• Like 1

Just now, NZL3481 said:

Two things:

You clearly have no idea where I live.

You clearly have no idea.

Why do you make shit up and then spout it out on an AC forum.

1 minute ago, trt131 said:

Why do you make shit up and then spout it out on an AC forum.

I'm not the one making it up...

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/nsw/border-force-allowed-ruby-princess-to-dock-20200408-p54i95.html

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-03-23/federal-and-state-governments-school-closures-amid-coronavirus/12080062

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-03-02/government-concedes-bushfire-grants-taking-too-long/12018560

And then there's this. The AUS PM denies all knowledge of using public money to pork barrel before an election, but has his fingerprint all over it...

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-05-09/pm-involved-in-sports-grants-funding-scandal-labor-says/12231342

5 hours ago, Stingray~ said:

Bernie Sanders refers to Trump as a ‘pathological psychopath’ and, while I have Not read the clinical or Latin definition, I’m still confident it’s an accurate diagnosis :D

Here a good article on psychopaths in the current political context:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/theconversation.com/amp/pathological-power-the-danger-of-governments-led-by-narcissists-and-psychopaths-123118

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, NZL3481 said:

Its a wonder you did not quote the Guardian also, then you would have all the lefty sources covered.  Ruby Princess was a NSW Health Dept responsibility, nothing to do with Feds.

The other quotes you have are opinions from far left wing writers at the ABC, a well documented organisation with very biased views and opinions, hardly balanced journalism.

As to where do you live, I dont think that matters but I think the inference is that you are a Kiwi living in Aus and are really butthurt about the election result one year ago.  I take it you didn't vote because you are not a citizen.

4 minutes ago, trt131 said:

Its a wonder you did not quote the Guardian also, then you would have all the lefty sources covered.  Ruby Princess was a NSW Health Dept responsibility, nothing to do with Feds.

The other quotes you have are opinions from far left wing writers at the ABC, a well documented organisation with very biased views and opinions, hardly balanced journalism.

As to where do you live, I dont think that matters but I think the inference is that you are a Kiwi living in Aus and are really butthurt about the election result one year ago.  I take it you didn't vote because you are not a citizen.

Australia's borders are controlled by the federal Government. Not the states.

The ABC -The Federal Government's own News Agency and Australia's most trusted news source.

Assumption as to whether I'm a citizen of AUS or not only underscores the fact you'll believe anything you imagine. You'll tell me that you're stupid enough to believe anything News Corpse publishes in print or pay TV is fact next.

You still clearly have no idea.

1 hour ago, WetHog said:

My meh was toward the comment 100s newly infected, not about deaths.  

Also, learn how the US government works before making comments.  I don’t comment on Kiwi government matters because I don’t live there and I don’t know how it works.  You should do the same. 

You are aware of what follows infections right?

You might be ignorant of other countries' political structures, but you appear to be ignorant of your own too if you think POTUS isn't ultimately responsible for the needless tragedy happening right now in the US.

You would struggle to find a better example of how hollow rhetoric, outright lies and clueless burps, or "troll talk" as you put it, in the place of swift, decisive action can result in genuine meaningful, needless, massive harm...

• Like 1

I read the drivel here on a regular basis, but do not post a lot.  

I will fess up and admit to voting for every Republican candidate for president from my first (Ronald Reagan) to the most recent (Trump).  

Trump was my least favorite of the bunch.  He is an arrogant man with many issues.  Although he spouts stupid stuff at times, I do not really think he lacks in intelligence.  Unlike what would have happened under the other choice, He was pushing to make things better for people that want to get out and work for a living (I am talking before the virus).  

I really do not think that the other choice for president would have done 10 cents better at handling this virus mess.  The US just has so many factors that ensured that we we going to get hit hard.  When you look at infection rate per million and death rate per million, the US is doing just a little worse than middle of the pack when compared to most of Europe (see links below).  Given our totally screwed up choices for how we do medical insurance and given how resistant so many Americans are to following government guidance for staying safe, I am surprised at how "good" the US is doing (especially in the deaths per million category).  

Case per Million https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/covid-confirmed-cases-per-million-since-1-per-million?country=CAN+DOM+MEX+USA+CRI+PAN+CUB+HND+JAM+VCT+TTO+ATG+GTM+LCA+SLV+NIC+HTI+GRD

Deaths per Million https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/covid-deaths-days-since-per-million?country=CAN+DOM+MEX+USA+CRI+PAN+CUB+HND+JAM+TTO+GTM+SLV+NIC+HTI+PRI

The entire developed world is struggling with minimizing the direct impact (severe illness and death from the virus) without causing too much negative impact caused by the steps taken to limit the spread.  In the US, there are a whole lot of people that were doing "just barely OK" before the virus that will be hurt bad by the extended shut down of so many sectors of our economy. 

There is a pretty good chance that that between the US and the major European countries, modern medicine will step in and get the entire world moving out of this mess a lot sooner than would happen without these countries.

27 minutes ago, trt131 said:

Its a wonder you did not quote the Guardian also, then you would have all the lefty sources covered.

28 minutes ago, trt131 said:

The other quotes you have are opinions from far left wing writers at the ABC

Clowns like you assume that reporting science is now a far left indicator. 

Amazing how clowns like you have been convinced to accept that what is good for the liars controlling you, is best for you too.  Who would have thought just a few decades ago that fucking stupid Bogans would be voting for Big Business? 

But you are proof.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, P Flados said:

Although he spouts stupid stuff at times, I do not really think he lacks in intelligence.

He is a fucking stupid liar.  So you are good with that?

37 minutes ago, rh3000 said:

You are aware of what follows infections right?

You might be ignorant of other countries' political structures, but you appear to be ignorant of your own too...

I am aware what follows infections.  Still doesn’t change the fact that my comment wasn’t about deaths no matter how you try and twist it. 

And how am I ignorant of my own country?  Because I won’t blame 90,973 deaths on one man?  Please explain how I am ignorant of what is happening in the US.  

1 hour ago, NZL3481 said:

Australia's borders are controlled by the federal Government. Not the states.

But it is the State's Health Dept to allow the boat to dock.  Border Force act on advice from the Health Department.

The ABC -The Federal Government's own News Agency and Australia's most trusted news source.

Proved time and time again that it has huge left leaning and no long trusted

You'll tell me that you're stupid enough to believe anything News Corpse publishes in print or pay TV is fact next.

Nope.

Assumption as to whether I'm a citizen of AUS or not

But you dont deny that you are a non-citizen Kiwi living the good life in Aus but hate the present Government.

trt - Best you wipe that mess off the Pauline Hanson poster you have pinned up in your bedroom before your Mum sees it...

Fuck me,  what a witty comeback.  Have you been waiting a while to use that?

15 hours ago, mad said:

You can imagine more than they do.

Brazil: 76 deaths per million

UK: 511 deaths per million

6 hours ago, MR.CLEAN said:

Qualified to lead is the metric here. No one is asking presidents or PMs to be actual scientists, though that could be refreshing once in a while.

PM's/Presidents that listen to scientists/experts would be a positive step in more countries than you'd think should need to be educated on the point.

39 minutes ago, WetHog said:

I am aware what follows infections.  Still doesn’t change the fact that my comment wasn’t about deaths no matter how you try and twist it. 

And how am I ignorant of my own country?  Because I won’t blame 90,973 deaths on one man?  Please explain how I am ignorant of what is happening in the US.  

OK, so not 90,973 deaths blamed on one man then. 

Probably a legitimate case to be made that you could pin 60,000 or so on him though. And growing. 

It may be the mandate of each State to fight the fight,  but any sense of strategy,  unity,  leadership,  or co-ordinated response just plain failed to happen. And it wasn't just a vacuum that was left, but warring states, competing messaging, governmental urging no less of the breakdown of law and order, artificial price wars created by the absence of federal leadership, and untrained politico /failed business figures trying to talk it round while re-writing history by the minute with a looming election front of mind. 

And all the while health workers progressively worked on - mostly without the protection they need and deserve.  And more people die than need to.  And will likely keep dying. 

This is a compete and utter failure of the highest order.  Or perhaps lowest. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, P Flados said:

I will fess up and admit to voting for every Republican candidate for president from my first (Ronald Reagan) to the most recent (Trump).  

Trump was my least favorite of the bunch.  He is an arrogant man with many issues.  Although he spouts stupid stuff at times, I do not really think he lacks in intelligence.  Unlike what would have happened under the other choice, He was pushing to make things better for people that want to get out and work for a living (I am talking before the virus).  

I really do not think that the other choice for president would have done 10 cents better at handling this virus mess.  The US just has so many factors that ensured that we we going to get hit hard.  When you look at infection rate per million and death rate per million, the US is doing just a little worse than middle of the pack when compared to most of Europe (see links below).  Given our totally screwed up choices for how we do medical insurance and given how resistant so many Americans are to following government guidance for staying safe, I am surprised at how "good" the US is doing (especially in the deaths per million category).  

Case per Million https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/covid-confirmed-cases-per-million-since-1-per-million?country=CAN+DOM+MEX+USA+CRI+PAN+CUB+HND+JAM+VCT+TTO+ATG+GTM+LCA+SLV+NIC+HTI+GRD

Deaths per Million https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/covid-deaths-days-since-per-million?country=CAN+DOM+MEX+USA+CRI+PAN+CUB+HND+JAM+TTO+GTM+SLV+NIC+HTI+PRI

The entire developed world is struggling with minimizing the direct impact (severe illness and death from the virus) without causing too much negative impact caused by the steps taken to limit the spread.  In the US, there are a whole lot of people that were doing "just barely OK" before the virus that will be hurt bad by the extended shut down of so many sectors of our economy. 

There is a pretty good chance that that between the US and the major European countries, modern medicine will step in and get the entire world moving out of this mess a lot sooner than would happen without these countries.

Trump actually does lack the intelligence. The mitigating factor is the people he surrounds himself with. They are the ones who initiate damage control when Trump goes rogue. He has people who are loyal to the end who are willing to walk one step behind him and clean up his mess as he steps forward. Those are the people who are the nameless faces that enable the Trump brand. His ability to network with rich, powerful and influential people gives him the ability to form consequences for those who choose disloyalty. It seems he has picked a fight with the US media, who at one stage were threatened by the reach of the Office of the POTUS, but have now chosen to unite and fight back against Trumps divisive politics. The liberal media is far more mainstream than their conservative counterparts and it is slowly becoming obvious that Trumps base seems to be slowly diminishing in size. 

Even Trumps European counterparts such as Piers Morgan are starting to question Trumps ability to lead not only the US, but the world in the face of a crisis. Even Jacinda Ardern seems to have gained far more praise than Trump 

2 hours ago, trt131 said:
3 hours ago, NZL3481 said:

Proved time and time again that it has huge left leaning and no long trusted

You are a super dumb cunt, spewing dumbfuck beliefs handed down for you to faithfully repeat by the Murdoch Press.  One day, by accident, you will get something right.

ABC still most trusted

“The consistently strong NTS performance by the ABC demonstrates that ‘real news’ is significantly more trusted by Australians than the ‘fake news’ promulgated on social media."

After the ABC, SBS is Australia’s second most trusted media owner*. Schwartz media follows in third place, with Macquarie media in fourth, as the only two other media owners with a positive NTS.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, MR.CLEAN said:
8 hours ago, NZL3481 said:

'Scotty from Marketing'  listens the Medical Scientists but not Climate Scientists.  Odd inut.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Skipstone said:

Probably a legitimate case to be made that you could pin 60,000 or so on him though. And growing. 

Nice, so what is the US laws penalty for the death of someone through negligence?

5 minutes ago, astro said:

Scotty from Marketing'  listens the Medical Scientists but not Climate Scientists.  Odd inut. 

dont stop there juice media has plenty

all worth watching .. she is good

10 minutes ago, phill_nz said:

dont stop there j

Alllll righty then ...

8 hours ago, MR.CLEAN said:

Angela Merkel is a scientist.

8 hours ago, NeedAClew said:

Well that's nice. His idol the great sailing philanthropist is a very public Dotard supporter and enabler via fundraising, and encouraged Dotard gamechanger drug and ( just a coincidence) "free" (if you don't count opportunity cost and help with numerous lawsuits) database partnership so it would not be a stretch. 

Life is full of contradictions. It's normal, human and as imperfect as anyone.

2 hours ago, Tornado-Cat said:

You can imagine more than they do.

Brazil: 76 deaths per million

UK: 511 deaths per million

If you have bad infrastructure, lack in testing and reporting, do not count the people that die unreported in slums or remote areas, because they are not reported in the first place... Shall I go on?... Then your numbers are low, of course. Coincidence?

“America Is The Best At Coronavirus, It’s Incredible!”

“America is winning at coronavirus, it’s incredible,” the President has confirmed.

“We have many, many, many cases of coronavirus. More than China. More than Italy. More than anywhere in the world. We’re doing very, very well. Much better than Europe. We are winning. A lot of people – smart people – are saying it. A very famous epidemiologist, who happens to be a very good friend of mine, is saying it.

“We are a major, major centre for this virus now. I know, because I have been very much involved in this for a long time, believe me.

“The thing about coronavirus – my uncle was a great professor and scientist and engineer, Dr. John Trump at MIT; good genes, very good genes, very smart, the Wharton School of Finance, very good, very smart.

“And he said these are big numbers. The media isn’t reporting it. They don’t want to report it. But this is big – much bigger than when Obama was president – and it will get bigger”.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, astro said:

“America is winning at coronavirus, it’s incredible,” the President has confirmed.

And the Danes still want to take the 2nd place from the Dutch, incredible.

6 hours ago, Skipstone said:

OK, so not 90,973 deaths blamed on one man then. 

It may be the mandate of each State to fight the fight,  but any sense of strategy,  unity,  leadership,  or co-ordinated response just plain failed to happen. And it wasn't just a vacuum that was left, but warring states, competing messaging, governmental urging no less of the breakdown of law and order, artificial price wars created by the absence of federal leadership, and untrained politico /failed business figures trying to talk it round while re-writing history by the minute with a looming election front of mind. 

And all the while health workers progressively worked on - mostly without the protection they need and deserve.  And more people die than need to.  And will likely keep dying. 

This is a compete and utter failure of the highest order.  Or perhaps lowest. 

You got it mostly right. It is a failure of the bloated bureaucracy, mostly at the state level. Sure you can say Trump doesn’t help because he is a piss poor communicator and he sucks as a human being but Obama would be in the exact same situation.  

• Like 1

Interesting. 

1300 came to the DC metro area and now the DC metro area is a hotspot.  

3 hours ago, WetHog said:

You got it mostly right. It is a failure of the bloated bureaucracy, mostly at the state level. Sure you can say Trump doesn’t help because he is a piss poor communicator and he sucks as a human being but Obama would be in the exact same situation.  

And on that, I will say I disagree.  I'm not sure how much better Obama would have handled this, but he was patently better prepared and more capable than Trump on many fronts.  He led the political framework rather than decrying and dismantling important pieces of it, he trusted his experts and back their best judgement, he maintained national action plans for pandemic - formulated and operated by the best and brightest in the field, and he understood the role of the federal government in facilitating and co-ordinating a unified state response...

Had Trump done so, he'd have radically improved his election chances, rather than have his sons running around decrying CoViD-19 as something that wrecked his chances and which no-one could hope to navigate successfully.  Others have already proven that wrong... unfortunately for Trump it is too late for him to, and most of the responsibility for that can be laid directly at his door.

The election will be... interesting...

• Like 1

15 hours ago, WetHog said:

Ok, just the people that don't matter in and around DC.  Glad to hear everything else is grooving along.

That troll can keep good things from getting done, waste time. The waste of time in getting going on covid is more than talk. It's negligent homicide. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, P Flados said:

You ignore the facts that Trump disbanded the pandemic response team a couple of years ago (waste of money) and basically purged the executive brach of most all of the scientist. His whole response was to "wish it away" without understanding the basic fundamentals.  For awhile, he got scared into listening to the doctors/experts because one of his friends became very sick.  But even then, he push unproven drugs, hide the facts and totally misunderstands that in order to defeat an enemy, you need to know where it is (testing).  He is now emboldening people to defy rules/laws, threaten public officials and tout weapons.  This is way beyond a difference of political opinion, it is total incompetence and profiting off of the situation.

• Like 1

Those folks who cornered the chloroquine market must be pretty chagrined trying to figure out what to do with their hoarded supply now.  How is that crowdsourced science Oracle free database going?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, NeedAClew said:

Those folks who cornered the chloroquine market must be pretty chagrined trying to figure out what to do with their hoarded supply now.  How is that crowdsourced science Oracle free database going?

@Pun Slinger must be weeping, another investment turns to shit in his hands. 
Those shares in Carnival cruises weren’t a good idea either. :lol:

14 hours ago, P Flados said:

Unlike what would have happened under the other choice, 

I really do not think that the other choice for president would have done 10 cents better at handling this virus mess. 

What strikes me, as an outsider, is that after three years you still cannot bring yourself to name “the other choice”, as if she was the essence of turpitude instead of a politician with impeccable, if conventional, credentials

At this point, it’s no longer rational antipahy but a deep-seated hatred - evidently shared by a substantial portion of the US population. Curious why - Obama I can understand, he’s a n****r, but Hillary’s just a woman, she as president would have been that dangerous to your manhood?

• Like 6

6 hours ago, WetHog said:

Obama would be in the exact same situation.

Shit that didn't take long. There we have it folks...

If you are genuinely willing to believe that then you are part of what is destroying the USA.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, astro said:

Nice, so what is the US laws penalty for the death of someone through negligence?

Oh that's an easy one, easy peasy in fact,

The Noble Medal of Super Duper Smartness!

20 minutes ago, NeedAClew said:

Our Leader is taking chloroquinine daily "in case he gets covid"

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-says-hes-taking-malaria-204052126.html

Larry and Elon must be so proud. I hope they are taking it too. Sorry bout the folks who actually need it and can't get it for lupus.

He says he's taking it. That doesn't mean he actually is. Maybe he's just trying to move the 29 million doses he convinced the federal government to buy.

Given the risk of side effects, it's hard to imagine that any reputable doctor would prescribe it for an obese 73-year-old who is already on statins, and lord knows what else.

15 minutes ago, accnick said:

He says he's taking it. That doesn't mean he actually is. Maybe he's just trying to move the 29 million doses he convinced the federal government to buy.

Given the risk of side effects, it's hard to imagine that any reputable doctor would prescribe it for an obese 73-year-old who is already on statins, and lord knows what else.

I think it is getting harder and harder to recruit and keep good staff. Maybe the NY  doctor who said he was healthiest president ever got it for him.