badlatitude

Trump Considering Full Pardon For Fmr Nat'l Security Adviser Michael Flynn

1 minute ago, F_L said:

How long does ink take to dry? The Flynn prosecutors have been under a court order to release all exculpatory evidence for over 2 years. Some of the recent documents release are over 3 years old. Dragging their feet a bit?

But I'm sure you thought the Horowitz report was a witch hunt. The Carter Page FISA warrants perfectly acceptable and legal. The Steel Dossier was a hard hitting, factual,  deep diving investigation. The pee tapes will surface anytime now.

You don't want to know what reality is, much less what I think of it.

The fact is, Flynn was working for the Russians. Taking paychecks from them. Negotiating to get them to not retaliate for Obama's sanctions on them by promising favors to them under Trump. Probaly similar reasons to why Kushner wanted a secret line to them, and why Trump has had several meetings with Putin from which any other Americans were excluded.

The Trump campaign hired people who worked for the Russians (FLynn, Manafort, others) and several people who bragged about their Russian connections. It is the FBI's fucking job to investigate people like that.

Facts.... because you can't actually go across bridges made of bullshit

- DSK

6 minutes ago, F_L said:

How long does ink take to dry? The Flynn prosecutors have been under a court order to release all exculpatory evidence for over 2 years. Some of the recent documents release are over 3 years old. Dragging their feet a bit?

But I'm sure you thought the Horowitz report was a witch hunt. The Carter Page FISA warrants perfectly acceptable and legal. The Steel Dossier was a hard hitting, factual,  deep diving investigation. The pee tapes will surface anytime now.

:lol:

7 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

You don't want to know what reality is, much less what I think of it.

The fact is, Flynn was working for the Russians. Taking paychecks from them. Negotiating to get them to not retaliate for Obama's sanctions on them by promising favors to them under Trump. Probaly similar reasons to why Kushner wanted a secret line to them, and why Trump has had several meetings with Putin from which any other Americans were excluded.

The Trump campaign hired people who worked for the Russians (FLynn, Manafort, others) and several people who bragged about their Russian connections. It is the FBI's fucking job to investigate people like that.

Facts.... because you can't actually go across bridges made of bullshit

- DSK

If what you say is fact, why didn't they prosecute him for it? Why are they dribbling out exculpatory evidence for over 2 years? According to you it would be a slam dunk if his guilty plea was withdrawn to get him on the other charges.

I'm willing to let it play out in the courts. More documents were released yesterday. One of them was dated Jan 4, 2017.  What took so long to get that one released? 

3 minutes ago, F_L said:

Blah blah blah. One of them was dated Jan 4, 2017.  More blah.

Was it exculpatory?

21 minutes ago, F_L said:

If what you say is fact, why didn't they prosecute him for it? Why are they dribbling out exculpatory evidence for over 2 years? According to you it would be a slam dunk if his guilty plea was withdrawn to get him on the other charges.

I'm willing to let it play out in the courts. More documents were released yesterday. One of them was dated Jan 4, 2017.  What took so long to get that one released? 

The actual charges they had FLynn nailed for have not been made public. People in Washington are allowed to be agents of a foreign nation, they have to not lie about it, and they can't do some financial things.

Flynn was nailed for more than he pled guilty to. That's why he copped a plea. This discussion group went round and round about that with the usual bunch of Trumptards refusing to believe how plea bargaining works at the basic level. You may not have been seated for that round, but the facts haven't changed.

- DSK

46 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Flynn was working for the Russians. Taking paychecks from them. Negotiating to get them to not retaliate for Obama's sanctions on them by promising favors to them under Trump.

I think what your trying to say is that Flynn was influence peddling. I don't believe that's true, what have you got that the FBI didn't?

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

Was it exculpatory?

It was a recommendation from FBI Washington field office  to close the Flynn investigation. It was over ruled by upper management. I'm sure they have that authority but what does upper management know that the investigating agents don't? What took so long to get that released? What else has not been released? We know one of the FBI 302 forms (field agent notes) has been "edited". What happened to the original? What else hasn't been released?

Edited to add:

I think a recommendation to close the investigation would be exculpatory.

Edited by F_L

6 minutes ago, Dog said:

I think what your trying to say is that Flynn was influence peddling. I don't believe that's true, what have you got that the FBI didn't?

??

You're saying the FBI has evidence, after saying for so long that it didn't?

- DSK

17 minutes ago, Dog said:

:lol: 

18 minutes ago, F_L said:

It was a recommendation from FBI Washington field office  to close the Flynn investigation. It was over ruled by upper management. I'm sure they have that authority but what does upper management know that the investigating agents don't? What took so long to get that released? What else has not been released? We know one of the FBI 302 forms (field agent notes) has been "edited". What happened to the original? What else hasn't been released?

Edited to add:

I think a recommendation to close the investigation would be exculpatory.

Were these documents exculpatory and were they evidence?

https://www.lawfareblog.com/flynn-redux-what-those-fbi-documents-really-show

1 hour ago, F_L said:

umm, Flynn didn't need a defense, and the prosecutors didn't prosecute cause Flynn, umm, how to say this gently. Fucking rolled over and confessed. 

Why the elk continue to defend this traitorous PoS is hard to understand, other than Party over Country.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, F_L said:

Why prosecute when the guy plead guilty?  What do you not understand?

2 hours ago, Raz'r said:

Sol, don’t you understand? He lied to the FBI but was forced to not lie to the court or face jail. It’s so unfair!

2 hours ago, Olsonist said:

Flynn lied about being guilty.

Well bless his lyin heart.  No wonder bullshitters favor him so much. 

1 hour ago, Steam Flyer said:

??

You're saying the FBI has evidence, after saying for so long that it didn't?

- DSK

I didn't say the FBI had no evidence, you made that up.

What you're describing is influence peddling, a crime that he was not charged with. How do you know he was influence peddling?

1 hour ago, Raz'r said:

How can you plead guilty without being charged?

37 minutes ago, Dog said:

What was on the charge sheet that inspired the judge to call Flynn a damn traitor?

You don't know and neither do I. But I know a fair amount of what Flynn did, and what Trump has done, with regard to Russia.

- DSK

14 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

What was on the charge sheet that inspired the judge to call Flynn a damn traitor?

You don't know and neither do I. But I know a fair amount of what Flynn did, and what Trump has done, with regard to Russia.

- DSK

Judge Sullivan retracted and apologised for that comment.

1 hour ago, Dog said:

Born yesterday? It’s called a plea bargain. Happens every day in America. someone gets charged with something the prosecutors think will stick, pleads guilty to a lesser charge. Guilty person gets a lower sentence, prosecutor ticks the box for a conviction. Win/win.

19 minutes ago, Dog said:
37 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

hat was on the charge sheet that inspired the judge to call Flynn a damn traitor?

As he should have... it was a very injudicious comment and he should not have made it, to start with

OTOH something he read about Flynn certainly made a strong impression on him. Something that will probably never be revealed to the public, and certainly will not be revealed by Barr's DoJ.

What could it be?

- DSK

9 hours ago, Dog said:

Hey Dog.

He lied.

stop bullshitting.

14 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

As he should have... it was a very injudicious comment and he should not have made it, to start with

OTOH something he read about Flynn certainly made a strong impression on him. Something that will probably never be revealed to the public, and certainly will not be revealed by Barr's DoJ.

What could it be?

- DSK

It's no mystery, the judge mistakenly thought Flynn had been working for Turkey at the same time as he was National Security Advisor.

17 hours ago, Raz'r said:

16 hours ago, Dog said:

15 hours ago, Raz'r said:

Born yesterday? It’s called a plea bargain. Happens every day in America. someone gets charged with something the prosecutors think will stick, pleads guilty to a lesser charge. Guilty person gets a lower sentence, prosecutor ticks the box for a conviction. Win/win.

Of course, but the charge comes before the plea bargin so you comment at the top makes no sense. You prosecute in order to get a guilty plea.

Democrats must be so proud of Russia Gate, The Steele documents, railroading Flynn, the collusion lie, Fisa abuse, trashing Tara, me too hypocrisy. 

Such a proud party to be a member of. 

1 hour ago, Dog said:

It's no mystery, the judge mistakenly thought Flynn had been working for Turkey at the same time as he was National Security Advisor.

Yeah, because that would make everything just hunky-dory

- DSK

If only he hadn’t lied. There are some situations in which lying can really not work out to your favor.  Don’t lie to law enforcement and don’t lie in court. Getting Dog’s admiration just isn’t worth the consequences. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pun Slinger said:

hypocrisy. 

Such a proud party to be a member of. 

97857532-62B0-4397-8B22-F2AA1FB20E86.jpeg

• Downvote 1

5 hours ago, Dog said:

Of course, but the charge comes before the plea bargin so you comment at the top makes no sense. You prosecute in order to get a guilty plea.

He plead guilty to lying. He did it, admitted it like a man. I know that would cause you grief, you being a constant liar who won't admit to it, but thems the facts.....

1 hour ago, Raz'r said:

He plead guilty to lying. He did it, admitted it like a man. I know that would cause you grief, you being a constant liar who won't admit to it, but thems the facts.....

He did, and now he's appealed to the court to retract his guilty plea he contends was made under duress.

None of which changes the fact that the charge has to come before any plea.

"Your Honor, I was lying when I said I lied."

• Like 1

This is what Flynn pled guilty to.

Here is his acceptance.  Do note the highlighted portion, in which he swears it is true.  There is that little part of perjury.  Now, he wants to take it all back.  Yeah, right.

Screen Shot 2020-05-07 at 1.33.39 PM.png

7 minutes ago, Dog said:

He did, and now he's appealed to the court to retract his guilty plea he contends was made under duress.

None of which changes the fact that the charge has to come before any plea.

keep on bullshittin

10 minutes ago, Dog said:

Nah, he’s just stallin’ because that’s what bullshitters do.

3 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

This is what Flynn pled guilty to.

Here is his acceptance.  Do note the highlighted portion, in which he swears it is true.  There is that little part of perjury.  Now, he wants to take it all back.  Yeah, right.

Screen Shot 2020-05-07 at 1.33.39 PM.png

Given what we have learned in recent days I would not be surprised if he doesn't have to.

4 minutes ago, Dog said:

Given what we have learned in recent days I would not be surprised if he doesn't have to.

Is it wrong for a Republican to lie to the FBI?

4 minutes ago, Dog said:

So, his signature under the words "I have read every word of this Statement of the Offense, or have had it read to me, Pursuant to Federal Rule of Criminal Procedure 11, after consulting with my attorneys, I agree and stipulate to this Statement of the Offense, and declare under penalty of perjury that it is true and correct" is a lie?

Sounds like he just admitted to perjury.

2 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

Is it wrong for a Republican to lie to the FBI?

Not if it's the *resident.

1 minute ago, Bus Driver said:

You are certainly entitled to Mr. Turley's opinion.

Next he’ll shitpost Mollie Hemingway’s latest bullshitting. It’s the tactic - overwhelm with bullshit.

Just now, Olsonist said:

image.png.413d8ba0de88c75edfa020aa0814eef0.png

Wasn't Turley the guy who defended Trump's actions in the Ukraine Event, on similarly specious grounds?

2 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

Wasn't Turley the guy who defended Trump's actions in the Ukraine Event, on similarly specious grounds?

sounds like Turley wants a job in the next Trump admin.

12 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

Turleys a whore that gets paid to bullshit.

Barr just saved Trump the trouble. Corruption? What corruption?

Your country is fucked.

It may not be a pardon. But the Justice Department has dropped charges against Donald Trump’s former national security adviser Michael Flynn, who pleaded guilty to lying to the FBI.

Retired Army Lt. Gen. Flynn, an important figure in the war on terror who gave Trump’s 2016 run military validation, will avoid prison time after the Justice Department provided a deliverance that Flynn had long sought.

It is also the second redemption that Trump has provided the general, who served as his first national security adviser for less than a month.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/justice-department-drops-charges-for-gen-michael-flynn-who-lied-to-fbi-ap-reports?ref=home

Excellent!  The man was framed.

It will be fun to watch the position swaps when a democRAT does this. 

Trump must feel pretty dumb for firing him over lying....

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Dog said:

The Reich loves when criminals go free

12 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

It will be fun to watch the position swaps when a democRAT does this. 

Trump must feel pretty dumb for firing him over lying....

He lied about being guilty.

50 minutes ago, Dog said:

So, your answer is "Republicans should not be prosecuted for lying to the Feds"

Good to know and save for the next Dem admin.

Dog needs a morality reset.  What a piece of shit.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

Dog needs a morality reset.  What a piece of shit.

Your first mistake was presuming morality.

no prosecution of mccabe and no prosecution of flynn.  same circumstances (lying to fbi), same result.  everyone should be happy

think they'll go after flynn for fara?

40 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

thats a good Nazi cheering corruption.

Stay tuned, we're only beginning to uncover the corruption.

Just now, hermetic said:

no prosecution of mccabe and no prosecution of flynn.  same circumstances (lying to fbi), same result.  everyone should be happy

I wasn't aware McCabe was working as a foreign agent. Same? Get real.

Just now, hermetic said:

With Barr in charge? you're funny

The GOP is no longer a political party, it has become a crime syndicate. I hope Dog is proud.

At some point we just accept that we are a banana republic and live our lives.  Many other places around the world are, and many of those we love to visit in boats and planes.  Really, who cares anymore?  It's just who we are.  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, roundthebuoys said:

At some point we just accept that we are a banana republic and live our lives.  Many other places around the world are, and many of those we love to visit in boats and planes.  Really, who cares anymore?  It's just who we are.  

Sadly I must agree with your assessment.  One more nail in the coffin of the rule of law.

3 minutes ago, roundthebuoys said:

It's going more banana by the day. That's quite a crowd of criminals you have running the country right now.

3 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

The GOP is no longer a political party, it has become a crime syndicate. I hope Dog is proud.

Live from the @Dog's mother's basement:

tenor.gif

8 minutes ago, Dog said:

Wherein @Dog shows he didn’t read the documents, just gargles conspiracy theory.

you wouldn’t know corruption if it grabbed you by the pussy

now go jerk off.

4 minutes ago, roundthebuoys said:

That is how we are seen by the rest of the world.

stuff at home watching reruns, SOPPRANO"s  you can't be a big realestate broker in NYC with out the mob ( not man over board)

so what the difference between Tony Sopprano and Donald Trump ?

Just now, Olsonist said:

It's getting painfully obvious. Who will the Republicans run to replace Trump after his second term? Bolsonaro?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Not for nothing said:

stuff at home watching reruns, SOPPRANO"s  you can't be a big realestate broker in NYC with out the mob ( not man over board)

Bone spurs.

1 minute ago, Not for nothing said:

One has a nice wife he cheats on with decent women & floozies for vigorous sex, he runs a tight ship, has smart children, and a modicum of respect in his world.

The others Donald Trump.

4 minutes ago, Not for nothing said:

James Gandolfini is dead

2 minutes ago, Not for nothing said:

Tony didn't wear lifts in his shoes or wear make-up.  Damn how the boys in his neighborhood would have gotten on young Donald if he did his makeup thing back then.  

My favorite *Rumpian quote:  "I never had a friend.  He died..."

Justice department drops charges against Michael Flynn who plead guilty to lying to the FBI .  Flynn also lied to the VP. Flynn lied to Judge Sullivan when he plead guilty in court. Is it ok to falsely plead guilty to the court?

6 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

It's getting painfully obvious. Who will the Republicans run to replace Trump after his second term? Bolsonaro?

Duarte

11 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

This is how dictatorships are built.

16 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

No longer seen by the rest of the World.

The rest of the World has watched the descent and now they know the US has become a shithole banana republic in just three years.

Winning MAGA FFS.

Jeff will be along shortly to remind us that at least we don’t have Hillary who was worse and moreover his boy Shitstain is really the Democrats’ fault because they nominated her. Guy will be concerned yet optimistic. Tom will tell us that he was uncertain about Flynn’s guilt after his guilty plea but that if Fakebertarian Rand Paul says that Flynn’s innocent of his guilty plea, who is he to disagree?

1 hour ago, Dog said:

It's not to late to convict Carter. I think Truman has slipped thru your grasp, though

- DSK

This is not a surprise to anyone who has been following the recent document releases. Exculpatory documents that should have been provided to the defense ages ago were withheld. Crossfire hurricane had already cleared Flynn so the FBI had no legitimate cause to question him. Absent a legitimate investigation any lies are moot. The record is clear, they plotted to trap him. Their purpose was to fabricate a crime, not investigate one.

5 minutes ago, Dog said:

This is not a surprise to anyone who has been following the recent document releases. Exculpatory documents that should have been provided to the defense ages ago were withheld. Crossfire hurricane had already cleared Flynn so the FBI had no legitimate cause to question him. Absent a legitimate investigation any lies are moot. The record is clear, they plotted to trap him. Their purpose was to fabricate a crime, not investigate one.

I’m not sure if you believe this dogshit, or you are you just typing this because you like being a douchebag. Your bullshit is legally wrong, well, shit. But you are a stupid cunt and you like being one, so goose step away!