Sign in to follow this  
Editor

rich folk rule?

super-help-300x169.jpg

Normally, these folks and their overindulgences doesn't impress, but gotta give some credit where some credit is due...

Some of the world’s most successful businesspeople are making pledges and donations in the global relief effort against the COVID-19 pandemic...

Roman Abramovich, who owns Chelsea Football Club and the 162 metre superyacht Eclipse, has offered NHS staff working in London free accommodation at his Millennium Hotel at Stamford Bridge over the next two months. The gesture will help shorten the commutes of hospital workers and relieve some of the pressure on the NHS. Read on.

• Like 1

Shouldn't this post be quarantined to the infected forum?

Why??

Why is there a question mark at the end of the thread title? Surely it should have just been a fullstop.

Can they order their own private ventilators and personal 24-7 care?  I'm thinking yes.

Or Bill Gates who has sunk billions upon billions of his own treasure over the years into global health and infectious diseases, and who has been visibly warning about the threat of a global pandemic for years now.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, jewingiv said:

Or Bill Gates who has sunk billions upon billions of his own treasure over the years into global health and infectious diseases, and who has been visibly warning about the threat of a global pandemic for years now.

Or Larry Ellison who has sunk billions of his own treasure into research into prolonging his own life.  True story.

7 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

Or Larry Ellison who has sunk billions of his own treasure into research into prolonging his own life.  True story.

I'm so glad that greedy sociopaths end up taking the same dirt nap as everybody else.

• Like 1

Roger That, c/v19 is an equal opportunity infector.  I am sure with enough money you can get whatever treatment/equipment you need, maybe some toilet paper from a hoarder.  Spring is sprung here in the PNW , we have lots of tender leaves, no need to fret about lack of toilet paper.

19 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

At least he cancelled his Indian Wells ATP tour stop before any other major league in N America.

1 minute ago, fufkin said:

At least he cancelled his Indian Wells ATP tour stop before any other major league in N America.

like all good folks who will live to 190, he is absolutely terrified of diseases.

35 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

like all good folks who will live to 190, he is absolutely terrified of diseases.

Their money is no good with the Grim Reaper.... one thing no one can buy their way out of....

6 hours ago, zenmasterfred said:

Roger That, c/v19 is an equal opportunity infector.  I am sure with enough money you can get whatever treatment/equipment you need, maybe some toilet paper from a hoarder.  Spring is sprung here in the PNW , we have lots of tender leaves, no need to fret about lack of toilet paper.

People used cloth and washed it for their babies for a long, long time. ;)

21 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

Old school, I'm digging a deep hole in the backyard, building a simple outhouse and the gonna start hoarding corn cobs!

On 3/27/2020 at 3:47 PM, Veeger said:

Their money is no good with the Grim Reaper.... one thing no one can buy their way out of....

They think they can. All the crap they got away with to get that rich, they think they can buy blood boys, stem cells, immortality, etc. 

Rich people have all the virtues and failings of non-rich people, probably in the same distribution, within a standard deviation of the norm, more or less. 

It's just that having billions of dollars lets them scale the virtue or failing a lot more effectively than the rest of us can do it.

• Like 1

Lex, I think that's a good way to put things. Except that rich people are also proven more likely to receive better than adequate health care and to survive illness. 

I'd hate to be uninsured at this time. Oh... wait.

Robert Kraft sent the Patriots plane to China to pick up >1 million N95 masks that he bought for hospital workers in Boston and NYC:

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2020/04/02/nation/kraft-family-used-patriots-team-plane-shuttle-protective-masks-china-boston-wsj-reports/

On 3/27/2020 at 9:57 PM, SloopJonB said:

Don't remind me!

I'm reading a book now about the Arabs and Jews leading up to and during the creation of an Israeli state.  Two members of the Arab Section (Jewish spies posing as Arabs) lodged overnight at an Arab's home.  The homeowner suspected one as being a Jew when she discovered he had used toilet paper.  She is quoted as saying, "Only Jews and Westerners use toilet paper.  We use water."

Exactly how they use water wasn't explained.