3 hours ago, astro said:

You mean without the "unmarried, menopausal, " bit?

When connected with "fuckwit", he is inferring that there is something wrong with a women being unmarried and menopausal.  I do not think that but I do think that any male who has that view is asking to be described as misogynistic.  Seems to me that he is.

What about that do you not understand?

Maybe jack is saying that the QLD premier is a Fuckwit and added the other stuff to get your knickers in a knot.

I 100% agree that the QLD premier is a dumb arse arrogant and incompetent moron who probably shouldn’t be in charge of a chook raffle.

16 minutes ago, The Dark Knight said:

Maybe jack is saying that the QLD premier is a Fuckwit and added the other stuff to get your knickers in a knot.

I 100% agree that the QLD premier is a dumb arse arrogant and incompetent moron who probably shouldn’t be in charge of a chook raffle.

Well so far, she has trolled all the old men by simply being a women, how easy is that.  Same with Trad.  Old rich white cunts fucking hate a women who stands up for herself, is out of the kitchen FFS!

They fucking hate that, even if they won't admit it.

Oh, and one more thing, her budget is not +/- 60 Bn!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RobG said:

Oh, you dislike her because she doesn't have a quaint English name like Bjelke–Petersen?

4 hours ago, Sidecar said:

How could Jack have forgotten Joy Bjelke Petersen?

Actually I vote principally on the states health financial being cash flow and balance sheet and of the hospital kind, education, infrastrucure plus some not so mainstream social issues.

I protested BP, I have been bashed by his coppers and I have met the idiot in person. More visionary than given credit for. During that period pre Medicare Qld had the best hospital system in the country and it was free. So a panelbeating after a kicking didn't cost. In the same vein indigenous affairs in the early days way ahead of any other State but towards his end they picked up and he didn't. Hard infrastructure pretty useless unless income/export orientated with his thriftiness and Hinz uselessness big factors. His late 80's period was plain awful on all counts.

Goss was excellent, huge reformer fixing up a lot of neglect but Nth Queenslanders fucked up his reign. Another term and not the Borbidge screw up a big loss. He and Ahern the lost years.

Beatie was 50/50 but with top class advisors so didn't make many mistakes but didn't set the world on fire. 

Anna Bligh another populist who did populist things. Didn't make hard financial decisions, which laid the foundations for her predecessor having to address them. 

Newman still with some GFC blowback (and in a primary production Aust state) which help murdered lots of leaders worldwide then. He was like his mother very capable but unlike her had no political nose. Wouldn't believed he had lost for a week after ballot day. He also suffered the QLD syndrome of it voting differently state and federally.

The current woman didn't win Newman lost it. She is fucking Qld up the arse to a level it will be very difficult to recover from financially. Her advisors are crap. A typical labour premier there at the behest of the factions. The fact she has a bad head and is stupid just makes loathing her easier.

She is the worst on that list. You don't have to guess now.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, astro said:

You mean without the "unmarried, menopausal, " bit?

When connected with "fuckwit", he is inferring that there is something wrong with a women being unmarried and menopausal. 

They are two seperate labels, you the reader are making that link. 

3 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

They are two labels you the reader are making that connection. 

mu7T3QjY7kPnczeZ62h7qvoeBsNCwBHDNmyQG_-I

23 minutes ago, astro said:

mu7T3QjY7kPnczeZ62h7qvoeBsNCwBHDNmyQG_-I

Lana Del Rey. Great singer and song writer. Fantastic live !

just a same you drag her into your Feminazi witch hunt. 

41 minutes ago, astro said:

Well so far, she has trolled all the old men by simply being a women, how easy is that.  Same with Trad.  Old rich white cunts fucking hate a women who stands up for herself, is out of the kitchen FFS!

They fucking hate that, even if they won't admit it.

Oh, and one more thing, her budget is not +/- 60 Bn!

Nope she trolled many people by being fiscally incompetent and using covid-19 to distract voters. 

the border closure is about the state election, not public health.

Yep, she trolled you!

giphy.gif

8 minutes ago, astro said:

Yep, she trolled you!

giphy.gif

Usually trolls do or say things to inflame an argument even when they don’t believe it themselves.

so she is not trolling. 

Sometimes I think you are trolling but other times I realise you just have the intellect and moral compass of a Trump or anti-Trump. Same shit just opposites. 

14 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

The current woman didn't win Newman lost it.

No doubt about that. He had the political nous of a Jack Russell. His rather belligerent crash or crash through style worked as lord mayor where it's traditional to be a dictator butting heads with the premier, it doesn't work so well as leader at state or federal level. He had an unfortunate baggage of being a former army officer and engineer, so the solution to every problem was to a grand construction project while treating everyone as subordinate.

He also backtracked on his signature construction project that was used as a core issue in his election. He reverted essentially to the solution proposed by the labor minister he replaced in parliament and who subsequently ousted him in the following election. She's as thick as two short planks but history shows she ensured Newman was a one term wonder. Winners are grinners… ;-)

These are best global "excess mortality" numbers out there. Would love to here from anyone pushing the bad flu line now where excess above "all deaths" (excluding Peru with a Denge fever anomaly) historically go up to 65% (for the UK and they are still ticking over up to 1,000 per week).

Australia and NZ don't even make a mention. Well done lads.

1. First Graph showing UK #1 for excess deaths per capita. This is a gross figure and should not be confused with say the recent "weekly" rate that I think show Sweden #1 but still down the board but more gas left in the tank.

2. Total excess deaths, the UK runner up behind the US with it 5 times the population.

3. Excess deaths historically. Why Peru on top for the abnormality leader? It had dengue fever this year and is earlier in its outbreak.

These three graphs above are quite horrifying. Read with lockdown timing and the 14 day headstart given by Italy with an exact daily compariive mortality count,  heads will have to roll in the UK.

4. The spread across the England was relatively uniform compared to Italy and France, for example. They had definitive hotspots of public health systems being overwhelmed and other areas with lower than normal death rates. This removes a disengenous argument about location and age promoted by the UK Government. It was also a savour for the NHS where any concentration like London had the capacity other than a short time in early April. 

5. The point of lockdown appears very strongly linked to eventual excess deaths by country comparisons. Lifting lockdown too early will naturally have the same effect, particularly if a second wave was to hit as some predict.

6. Ditto on a per capita basis.

Notes For High Confidence Factor in Figures 

- There are few new excess deaths across Europe and high quality data has now been published.

- The US will have a much higher absolute number but its per capita rate is far lower. 

- There are some other countries with little data published - Brazil, Russia, China - these have large populations and unlikely to have death rates per million close to the UK.

Hats off to Chris Giles Economics Editor at the Financial Times with a head for figures and presentation. He was the first in MSM to start regularly following "excess mortality" stats as they started to appear and others followed incl The Times in the US.

EZFU_0SXYAAWGhV.jpeg

2. & 3.

EZFU_0TXsAADtHX.jpeg

EZFY1P3XsAAWRHg.jpeg

EZFZ6JYXgAAFMV4.jpeg

EZGW990XYAA6Y5S.png

^^^^^ Well that didn't age well.

After publication of FT's excess deaths comparison this morning, Spain Stats Dept has revised higher its deaths total by 12,000 in an "unscheduled" publication today. This not unexpected as there has been a fear of the statiticians that there was some political shitfuckery happening there for domestic consumption attached to lock-down.

UK nudged off #1 per capita but not historical anomaly %. However Spain's new deaths outside this are expected to be a lot lower than current UK numbers which is still ticking over so it will only be a short reprieve for UK Govt until ONS mortality release date next month.

updated the FT story accordingly 

EZHgn5AX0AA3AWr.jpeg

Are the "excess deaths" in addition to those attributed to Covid-19 already? It shows the US at about 65,000 at a time when worldometers was showing around 100,000.

3 hours ago, RobG said:

Are the "excess deaths" in addition to those attributed to Covid-19 already? It shows the US at about 65,000 at a time when worldometers was showing around 100,000.

Good spotting Rob. It is a bit complicated where it is not to date of publication and the first intent is accuracy for individual country then secondary is ranking.

They are based on "actual deaths"  last recorded with certificates finalised by a countries statistical dept up to 27th May. There is usually a note for any country behind on a scheduled count or their scheduled count is more than say fortnightly. There should be a note for the US but isn't for a scheduled count(s) is missing particularly with objective one in mind. The reverse of that was the unscheduled Spanish count appearing same day as publication.

It could also be a graphical error. If not that first priority aside my guess combo of Euro publication/audience, daily death rates have dropped significantly in most and because US is way down the per capita ranking where even with a 1/3 plus correction only rises a couple of places, the absence of that note was simply missed through human error. 

However it is obviously a glaring quantum error for total excess deaths albeit the US #1 ranking remains unchanged.

They are pretty good at quickly amending so I would expect to see that occur upon publication of the delayed US figures or if still pending mark top up with the estimate which they also have running in real time.

For example graph shows UK registered 59,537 or 891 people per million using most recent ONS count published on Tuesday for period ending 15 May.

FT's 2 week estimate uses daily health Dept figures and add ons pending publication next Tuesday (which will be deaths to 22 May) in real time today they estimate as 64k or rate of 960 per million as shown in attached graph. They have already leapfrogged based on 2 week estimate Spain's rate of 921 million and the most recent count of everyone.

So the UK after next Tuesday I suspect will be back in first place 

Black line in graph is what is published daily in the UK and way less because it is Health Dept (not ONS) only deaths where a positive CoVid test exists ignoring death certificate even saying CoVid but no test. Yes a combination of shit testing rate and they are cheating bastards hence "excess mortality" the only proper measure with this lot.

The jury is still out with the US but this delay in count is interesting. A sudden uplift in the wings being suppressed for political lockdown easing reasons? :ph34r:

PS. I saw US comparative lockdown position and thought that doesn't look right but didn't do what you did.

EZHlv5IXgAEoLQ6.jpeg

You won Jack.

Well done!

Back to work like normal on Monday.

Can't even dial it in on video.

Got used to working from the beach house.

Bugger

10 hours ago, lydia said:

Back to work like normal on Monday.

If your from Brizzie or anywhere....a celebratory tune.

Brisbane's "The Go Betweens" (yes the bridge) indie rock off their late 80's "16 Lovers Lane" album, this track a commercial hit.. "Streets of Your Town". Made shortly after their return to Australia after a decade overseas and on the road. The band that never conquered the world.

Take back your streets...after they shut em down.

Jack

saw them at the start and went to the wake on the bridge

25 years living on Macquarie Street

I always laughed when the Today Show used the chorus as an introduction

someone must have eventually told them the lyrics to the later verses

Cheers

The morons were out on the streets of our town yesterday. Selfish little attention seekers that want to yell at the clouds. I wonder how many went home and gave their Grandmothers the Virus afterwards.

42 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

The morons were out on the streets of our town yesterday. Selfish little attention seekers that want to yell at the clouds. I wonder how many went home and gave their Grandmothers the Virus afterwards.

You should take solace in our great leader. 

c85020befb356863c4053312f40f9d40f8ab1af7

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, FinnFish said:

You should take solace in our great leader. 

c85020befb356863c4053312f40f9d40f8ab1af7

Take your role more seriously in future | Sunshine Coast DailyShe likes looking at her controllers.

12 minutes ago, The Dark Knight said:

"What should I do next?"

"Please shut up, I have to pee."

When they report new cases here, the majority are of returning Aussies in hotel quarantine. I'd be interested in seeing figures of where they are coming from.

Here's a bunch: On a specially chartered COVID-19 repatriation flight, Nepali film celebrity Vijay Lama pilots Australians home.

Some countries are really struggling, they need all the help they can get. If there are a few positives among them, they're lucky to be here and not there.

If any of the 3 kiwis who disembarked test positive, they'll add to Australia's total, not NZ's. Happy to oblige though, as long as they diligently sit out their quarantine. Aus had no cases of community transmission yesterday, so signs are looking good.

On 6/8/2020 at 9:56 AM, LB 15 said:

Its a good plan, send out the cannon fodder to see if its safe.

33 minutes ago, RobG said:

Here's a bunch: On a specially chartered COVID-19 repatriation flight, Nepali film celebrity Vijay Lama pilots Australians home.

Some countries are really struggling, they need all the help they can get. If there are a few positives among them, they're lucky to be here and not there.

If any of the 3 kiwis who disembarked test positive, they'll add to Australia's total, not NZ's. Happy to oblige though, as long as they diligently sit out their quarantine. Aus had no cases of community transmission yesterday, so signs are looking good.

Lets just wait n see how many surprises this gives us 

16x9 

And so it begins....

Black Lives Matter protester among 8 new coronavirus infections in Victoria 

Chief Health Officer Brett Sutton said the man in his 30s was "very unlikely" to have acquired the virus at the protest and was not showing symptoms on the day, but he may have been infectious at the demonstration.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-06-11/victorian-black-lives-matter-protester-diagnosed-coronavirus/12343130

Fuckheads

One way or the other those protests are going to define the next 2-6 months of reduction in restrictions.  If we get a measurable surge in cases we'll be stuck at the status quo for the foreseeable future.  If we don't it is going to be very hard for the government to make a case against relaxing restrictions on large gatherings, watching sport etc.

11 hours ago, SCARECROW said:

One way or the other those protests are going to define the next 2-6 months of reduction in restrictions.  If we get a measurable surge in cases we'll be stuck at the status quo for the foreseeable future.  If we don't it is going to be very hard for the government to make a case against relaxing restrictions on large gatherings, watching sport etc.

Not so sure about that. If there is a spike, then that will slow down the easing of restrictions or even bring some back. However, if it turns out that this one idiot does not cause a spike, then we have dodged a bullet. The lack of community transmission is what will drive the relaxing of restrictions, not one lucky occasion.

On 6/8/2020 at 2:51 PM, The Dark Knight said:

"What should I do next?"

Another month of closed state borders. Idiot.

Queensland Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk, along with other state and territory premiers, have been given a deadline to set a border reopening date. Picture: Darren England/AAP

Anyone who attended the protests should be sentenced to a swift kick in the nuts - Including my ignorant, selfish, virtue signaling leftist son. Boy has the dinner table been entertaining this week.

Fucking morons the lot of them. Now the big question.

Did Meli go to the one in Melbourne? She loves a good pointless protest.

45 minutes ago, Dark Cloud said:

Queensland Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk, along with other state and territory premiers, have been given a deadline to set a border reopening date. Picture: Darren England/AAP

She is a prime example of why not all lives matter.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

LOL :lol:

1 hour ago, LB 15 said:

Does she have anything to do with sailing? She spends most of her time in PA and only visits SA or ORA for "political" type of content.

Three organisers of last Saturday's Black Lives Matter protest in Melbourne have been hit with $1652 fines

Time for Dan to man up and dramatically increase the fines for protest organisers.

16 hours ago, LB 15 said:

Including my ignorant, selfish, virtue signaling leftist son. Boy has the dinner table been entertaining this week.

Fucking awesome to see conformation that intelligence is not necessarily inherited from the father.

18 hours ago, Dark Cloud said:

We got the same problem with our Emperor McGowan, who is riding such high popularity levels 9 months before our election that he thinks he can do whatever he wants because the media love him and as such report only good things about him and the Opposition Leader doesn't get much airtime or when she does is pilloried and then the ALP bots get stuck into her on media FB sites (like The West and ABC), which further feeds the negative feedback loop.  Liberal MP's like rabbits in the headlights wondering what to do, stick with Liza or someone else stick their head above the parapet wall....oops sorry I'm not in PA am I? B)

22 hours ago, LB 15 said:

Anyone who attended the protests should be sentenced to a swift kick in the nuts - Including my ignorant, selfish, virtue signaling leftist son. Boy has the dinner table been entertaining this week.

What did you do to deserve a low IQ son?

4 hours ago, Alhadder said:

We got the same problem with our Emperor McGowan, who is riding such high popularity levels 9 months before our election that he thinks he can do whatever he wants because the media love him and as such report only good things about him and the Opposition Leader doesn't get much airtime or when she does is pilloried and then the ALP bots get stuck into her on media FB sites (like The West and ABC), which further feeds the negative feedback loop.  Liberal MP's like rabbits in the headlights wondering what to do, stick with Liza or someone else stick their head above the parapet wall....oops sorry I'm not in PA am I? B)

mmm...seems at least someone in the West Oz media circles is applying a light blow torch to some of McGowan's policies dropped under Covid-19 cover or slipped through Parliament. May it continue

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-06-13/what-you-missed-while-we-were-all-distracted-by-coronavirus/12348152

On 6/12/2020 at 1:41 PM, Dark Cloud said:

I'm just glad someone gave her the 'Roadmap', otherwise we would be completely fucked.

On 6/12/2020 at 2:26 PM, LB 15 said:

Fucking morons the lot of them. Now the big question.

Future daughter in-law it would seem.

feministchick.jpg

• Like 1

On 6/13/2020 at 7:09 AM, astro said:

Fucking awesome to see conformation that intelligence is not necessarily inherited from the father.

Thank god he got his mother’s looks.

23 hours ago, The Dark Knight said:

What did you do to deserve a low IQ son?

I got arrested at a protest at his age. It was during the Jo BJ era and we were protesting for the right to protest. The only pandemic at the time was Marijuana use.

4 hours ago, LB 15 said:

I got arrested at a protest at his age. It was during the Jo BJ era and we were protesting for the right to protest. The only pandemic at the time was Marijuana use.

That's a pretty cool claim to fame, but unfortunately that pandemic took it's toll on you.

Good to hear your offspring still have all their reasoning capacity.

Everyone has their limits.

Today a family member who I never discuss politics with sent me a racist meme.

It was too much I replied (cut and pasted for accuracy)

"Leave me out next time it’s racist.  I don’t think it’s funny they are being strangled in the street for no good reason. "

He replied ...

"They are the racists"

I knew he was like that but I'm struggling to relate.

On 6/14/2020 at 6:02 PM, astro said:

Everyone has their limits.

Today a family member who I never discuss politics with sent me a racist meme.

It was too much I replied (cut and pasted for accuracy)

"Leave me out next time it’s racist.  I don’t think it’s funny they are being strangled in the street for no good reason. "

He replied ...

"They are the racists"

I knew he was like that but I'm struggling to relate.

I'm struggling to ignore some highly religious, anti-vaxxer Trump lovers in the extended family. Is that a trifecta? Engaging them is a barrel of monkeys.

2 minutes ago, Ncik said:

I'm struggling to ignore some highly religious, anti-vaxxer Trump lovers in the extended family. Is that a trifecta? Engaging them is a barrel of monkeys.

Some others here have reported the same problem.  I'd rather read about it than experience it.  Can't stop it affecting my connections with them unfortunately.

On 6/12/2020 at 5:30 AM, Dark Cloud said:
On 6/12/2020 at 5:27 AM, LB 15 said:

I’ll be stealing that later if that’s ok? :P

On 6/12/2020 at 2:26 PM, LB 15 said:

virtue signaling

Do you have no virtues?

I find the derogatory use of the term perplexing. Those that reject/complain about "Leftist" virtues are also signaling their own virtues.

But this is not PA so take the hate speech for our leaders to that cesspool and try to avoid references to chaff bags and witches while you're there.

On 6/16/2020 at 11:49 AM, Ncik said:

Do you have no virtues?

I find the derogatory use of the term perplexing. Those that reject/complain about "Leftist" virtues are also signaling their own virtues.

But this is not PA so take the hate speech for our leaders to that cesspool and try to avoid references to chaff bags and witches while you're there.

Wikipedia has a pretty good article on virtue signalling:

… linguist David Shariatmadari argues that the typicality of virtue signalling to show off one's own values makes it no different than the acts that it was supposed to abhor. … Shariatmadari goes on to say that while the term serves a purpose, its overuse as an ad hominem attack during political debate has rendered it a meaningless political buzzword

I see Australias biggest dickhead is hard at it taking the racism in sport title as well.

It takes some sort of fucking genius to get every statement you utter factually wrong. BLM is 7 years not 7 minutes old (2013 #BlackLivesMatter) and the protest "knee" was made famous by football (NFL's Colin Kaepernick 4 years ago) not started by Floyd's death last month.

He also must have been away the days of every football code in Australia having their "black moment" including the same Kaepernick protest about the national anthem.

What a pathetic, insignificant cunt grasping for his own piece of media air...plus I bet he reckons the virus is only a bad flu. 

Sam Newman rages against George Floyd, AFL protests & LeBron James

3 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

I see Australias biggest dickhead is hard at it taking the racism in sport title as well.

It takes some sort of fucking genius to get every statement you utter factually wrong. BLM is 7 years not 7 minutes old (2013 #BlackLivesMatter) and the protest "knee" was made famous by football (NFL's Colin Kaepernick 4 years ago) not started by Floyd's death last month.

He also must have been away the days of every football code in Australia having their "black moment" including the same Kaepernick protest about the national anthem.

What a pathetic, insignificant cunt grasping for his own piece of media air...plus I bet he reckons the virus is only a bad flu. 

Sam Newman rages against George Floyd, AFL protests & LeBron James

Whilst he is lacking in facts, he has a valid point that the BLM show before the football was just a BS social statement put on by the AFL and is not relevant to Australia.

The BLM protests here go on about aboriginal deaths in custody whilst ignoring that those deaths will be totally incomparable to Floyds or the guy shot.

Just look at the recent case about the drunk woman who died. She was totally drunk, banged he head and passed out before dying. She was in a watch house for drunkenness, not being baby sat. How many non-aboriginal deaths in custody occurred in the same period as the 400+ the protestors talk about? Perhaps the number of deaths is out of proportion of the population, but that is because the number in custody is out proportion. 

Royal Commission into Aboriginal Deaths in Custody (RCIADIC) (1987–1991)

The final report of the Commission was published in April 1991.[10] The Commission concluded that the 99 deaths investigated[12] were not due to police violence:[13]

"... the immediate causes of the deaths do not include foul play, in the sense of unlawful, deliberate killing of Aboriginal prisoners by police and prison officers. More than one-third of the deaths (37) were from disease; 30 were self-inflicted hangings; 23 were caused by other forms of external trauma, especially head injuries; and 9 were immediately associated with dangerous alcohol and other drug use. Indeed, heavy alcohol use was involved in some way in deaths in each of these categories. The chapter concludes that glaring deficiencies existed in the standard of care afforded to many of the deceased".

It also found that the circumstances of each death were very varied, and one cannot point to a common thread of abuse, neglect or racism common to the them. There were however facts relating to their Aboriginality which pertained to their being in custody and how they died.[8]

The Royal Commission reported that Aboriginal people died in prison at about the same rate as non-Aboriginal prisoners, but their rate of imprisonment was much higher. It identified child removal (later dubbed the Stolen Generations) as correlating highly with later likelihood of imprisonment.[1]

In all, there were 339 recommendations made in the report, one of which being that imprisonment should only occur a last resort. Other recommendations included calling for medical assistance where necessary, collaborating more with Aboriginal communities and the initiation of a process of reconciliation between Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal Australians.

If another Royal Commission was to be held today, the findings will not be greatly different.

BLM protesting is just total BS. All lives matter. 

44 minutes ago, The Dark Knight said:

Whilst he is lacking in facts, he has a valid point..

All lives matter

How can you have a "valid" point if every fact used to support that point is not a fact and wrong?

The olde "All Lives Matter"

You don't get it. Citing RCIADIC indicates you definitely don't get it.

Watch these two vids in order and you might get it. 

13TH

8 Minutes and 46 Seconds

However you are in good company with those that pull All Lives Matter out and wave it around clueless. Though I'm not sure if many know how to spell it.

IMG_20200608_191711.jpg

EaRMTB7UEAACg8O.jpeg

30 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

How can you have a valid point if everyone of your facts to support it are wrong?

The olde "All Lives Matter"

You don't get it. Citing RCIADIC indicates you definitely don't get it.

Watch these two vids in order and you might get it. 

13TH

8 Minutes and 46 Seconds

However you are in good company with those that pull All Lives Matter out and wave it around clueless. Though I'm not sure if many know how to spell it.

IMG_20200608_191711.jpg

EaRMTB7UEAACg8O.jpeg

I don't give a flying fuck about the US. It's a 1st would country dominated by people who have a 3rd world country mentality.

I'm talking solely Aus where we have idiots using the US BLM and misrepresenting aboriginal deaths in custody as something remotely comparable to what the US police have done time and time again. Sam might be a moron at times and he may lack a good grasp of history, but he is right in condemning the BS AFL mandated social statement.

The same applies to when the AFL put its support behind SSM. I would have had sympathy for the anti-SSM crowd but they kept coming up with BS excuses against SSM rather than saying "my upbringing and morals are contrary to what SSM represents, so I do not support it".

Did not watch the videos as I don't need to watch them to understand how fucked the US. It was a great shame that fuckheads used a legitimate reason to protest as an excuse to loot and generally cause chaos.

15 minutes ago, The Dark Knight said:

I don't give a flying fuck about the US....

..Did not watch the videos as I don't need to watch   them  to understand how fucked the US..

You maybe should have taken my suggestion and watched before saying that. If so you would have found this is not a US centric issue and with parallels globally. 

If you want to stay ill-informed and ignorant like Sam that's your choice. 

10 hours ago, The Dark Knight said:

The BLM protests here go on about aboriginal deaths in custody whilst ignoring that those deaths will be totally incomparable to Floyds or the guy shot.

Just look at the recent case about the drunk woman who died. She was totally drunk, banged he head and passed out before dying. She was in a watch house for drunkenness, not being baby sat.

Why are people jailed for being drunk? There are only two reasons to jail someone:

1. As punishment for a crime they are convicted of
  2. To hold them securely until their being held in custody is determined by a court because they are either a flight risk or are perceived to be a threat to the community (typically only used for people charged with murder or other very serious crimes)

Which of those cases does a drunk woman fit?

And if she was jailed her own protection, they did a pretty shit job.

The Rayshard Brooks case is classic oppression. He was actually being responsible and sleeping off a few beers in his car. He was not doing anything wrong. At the worst he should have been given a fine for DUI and told not to take charge of a motor vehicle until he was sober. But after 45 minutes of questioning the police decided to handcuff and arrest him, presumably to throw him in jail for a few days or longer.

All lives matter. 

The point of the "black lives matter" movement is not that other lives don't matter, but to highlight that that all lives matter, including black ones. To misrepresent it as some sort of racism is to be wilfully ignorant or worse.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RobG said:

The Rayshard Brooks case is classic oppression. He was actually being responsible and sleeping off a few beers in his car....

But if he didn't do that, he would still be alive.

But if he wasn't black, he would still be alive.

4 hours ago, RobG said:

Why are people jailed for being drunk? There are only two reasons to jail someone:

1. As punishment for a crime they are convicted of
  2. To hold them securely until their being held in custody is determined by a court because they are either a flight risk or are perceived to be a threat to the community (typically only used for people charged with murder or other very serious crimes)

Which of those cases does a drunk woman fit?

And if she was jailed her own protection, they did a pretty shit job.

Drunks are put into the drunk tank.

Been there, done that....

On 6/19/2020 at 9:53 AM, The Dark Knight said:

Whilst he is lacking in facts, he has a valid point that the BLM show before the football was just a BS social statement put on by the AFL and is not relevant to Australia.

Well Channel 9 didn't think it BS....punted the dumb cunt.

Whilst he is lacking in facts, he has a valid point that the BLM show before the football was just a BS social statement put on by the AFL and is not relevant to Australia

"..BS social statement put on by the AFL and is not relevant to Australia"

And to drive the point home for you and now unemployed Sam on some sporting history and where the BLM movements roots lie.

Australia has a unique connection to the US where parallels to the year 1968 are being made today. The the year of race riots, the assassination of one (Martin Luther King) a presidential campaign just like now, the assassination of another one (Robert Kennedy) and the Olympics in Mexico.

'Every man is born equal': Peter Norman's amazing legacy lives on

It might have paid Sam Newman a dividend to know of 68 Silver Medalist Peter Norman and his own country's place in sporting and civil rights history, particularly being a highly paid sporting pundit as he was. But no that would be too much like hard work for the lazy cunt as he let his big fat racist mouth flap over something he took no time to at least understand, if not agree with. 

IMG_20200620_155733.jpg.309356074bc40c46dd716ebcbf3d8bc8.jpg

"....was just a BS social statement put on by the AFL" 

And as for this shit where you refer to Collingwood and Richmond “take a knee” in solidarity with the Black Lives Matter movement. The fact it was genuinely "player driven" and NOT cooked up by the AFL or Clubs marketing department is on the public record and well known to all in Melbourne, except you.

Hoppy if you feel your BLM views accord with many, why don't you put it to the test and zip down to a Collingwood and Richmond training run and express them to the players "face to face." 

I bet you don't.

So the Victoria government has just rolled back the relaxation a little.....

3 groups copping the blame...

1. Protesters 

2. Family groups getting together

3. guards in quarantine hotels.

I find it hard to put too much blame on group 3.  They were doing a job and could probably sue the government/ hotels for failing to provide a safe working environment.

Groups 1 and 2 are wankers.  Talking to the 73 year old mother in law last weekend.  She was very proud of the fact they had visited my sister-in-law and given her and the Grandkids big hugs even though they had had a stream of guests that week as it was one of the grand daughter’s 11 birthday.  She couldn’t  understand why we wouldn’t hug her or go in when we went by to collect some knitting she’d done for us.

46 minutes ago, SCARECROW said:

So the Victoria government has just rolled back the relaxation a little.....

3 groups copping the blame...

1. Protesters 

2. Family groups getting together

3. guards in quarantine hotels.

I find it hard to put too much blame on group 3.  They were doing a job and could probably sue the government/ hotels for failing to provide a safe working environment.

Groups 1 and 2 are wankers.  Talking to the 73 year old mother in law last weekend.  She was very proud of the fact they had visited my sister-in-law and given her and the Grandkids big hugs even though they had had a stream of guests that week as it was one of the grand daughter’s 11 birthday.  She couldn’t  understand why we wouldn’t hug her or go in when we went by to collect some knitting she’d done for us.

Group 1 are definitely wankers but I'd rather call group 2 idiots. 

As for 3, there is certainly some fuckup of procedures. Perhaps the guards are just not being smart?

there was some issues with people in the hotels smoking outside. Maybe the guards were joining them. I wonder if covid-19 can hitch a ride on cig smoke and stay airborne longer? 

1 hour ago, The Dark Knight said:

Group 1 are definitely wankers but I'd rather call group 2 idiots. 

As for 3, there is certainly some fuckup of procedures. Perhaps the guards are just not being smart?

there was some issues with people in the hotels smoking outside. Maybe the guards were joining them. I wonder if covid-19 can hitch a ride on cig smoke and stay airborne longer?

1. Same difference. they are all idiots, most would have no concept of evidence based science.

2. The guards should know, but so should everyone, the number of pax in those quarantine hotels who are actually positive is scary just keep away from them!

Smoking... doing Coke, sharing a splif GREAT delivery systems for a Virus, just ask ALL those guests at the wollongong wedding in NSW, maybe its natural selection.

11 hours ago, The Dark Knight said:

It's a shame we have taken a backwards step, but unfortunately it is necessary.

Biggest fucken idiot yet.

Sinks the boot into families yet approves BLMs protests.

4722.jpg?width=1200&height=1200&quality=

On 6/19/2020 at 11:08 AM, jack_sparrow said:

You maybe should have taken my suggestion and watched before saying that. If so you would have found this is not a US centric issue and with parallels globally. 

Which obviously has a strong connection with the Bombers playing Collingwood at the MCG in country that most Mericans couldn't even spell let alone locate on the globe.

I wonder if the All Blacks will take a knee, or is that racist?

12 minutes ago, FinnFish said:

Which obviously has a strong connection with the Bombers playing Collingwood at the MCG in country that most Mericans couldn't even spell let alone locate on the globe.

I wonder if the All Blacks will take a knee, or is that racist?

Even if ty can spell it, they will be probably be wondering why there were no kangaroos in their favourite Australian movie.

maxresdefault.jpg

2 hours ago, FinnFish said:

Let's hope the families involved in this outbreak get fined like the protest organisers did!

Victoria is about to fuck things up royally.

People have become complacent, doing the opposite of what has been required.

Now scomo wants to reboot the economy. Mixed messages and mixed priorities between the states and the feds are giving air to the "it's just a flu" crowd. 

There's still along way to go.....

Looking at this there are some who need to grow some balls over interstate border controls and reopening. To be read in conjunction with hospital occupancy rates. If they are high warning bells irrespective of testing/case rate.

10 + tests per confirmed case is low, raise your fucking game and don't reopen, 20 - 30 very good & open as long as you have some testing gas in the tank for breakouts, above 30 fucking genius, above 100 take a bow and above 200 now you are showing off.

IMG_20200623_062554.thumb.jpg.752a4df1d01c9d610116f0de05fc3b46.jpg

Jack,

Can you explain this in simplified terms to Ms. Palaszczuk and her colleagues?

That would be of great assistance.

No state government wants to be the one to lose control.

No state government wants to put their health system under stress.

Risk management 101.

On 6/21/2020 at 11:13 AM, FinnFish said:

I think that this cunt is partly responsible for this current outbreak here,

Because of his arrogant attitude by maintaining illogical restrictions, tougher restrictions and lagging behind other states and not trying to fine protestors, people have deliberately thought Fuck You Dan and have relaxed their behaviour.  

1 hour ago, Ease the sheet. said:

No state government wants to put their health system under stress.

Risk management 101.

All very well when the feds are covering the economic price.

Simply solution, you want to operate to a higher risk standard, you pay the price. Cut off support to Fed Qld residents.

1 hour ago, Rambler said:

All very well when the feds are covering the economic price.

Simply solution, you want to operate to a higher risk standard, you pay the price. Cut off support to Fed Qld residents.

This is important.

Feds are paying the welfare while the states are responsible for health.

That disconnect is always going to cause mixed messages.

2 hours ago, The Dark Knight said:

I think that this cunt is partly responsible for this current outbreak here,

Because of his arrogant attitude by maintaining illogical restrictions, tougher restrictions and lagging behind other states and not trying to fine protestors, people have deliberately thought Fuck You Dan and have relaxed their behaviour.  

The people that say "fuck you Dan" belong at a Trump rally with Andrew Bolt.

It's pretty fucking simple. Listen to the experts. Facebook has no experts.

4 hours ago, Ease the sheet. said:

To lose control you first have to be in control of something you understand.

If it wasn't for Canberra at the outset most state adminstrations wouldn't have understood what to do and would have been fucked....thank goodness that didn't happen....now at the response backend with Canberra reluctantly giving them some rope they are now back to fucking with something they don't understand.

With ignorance either producing minor fuckups that sort of escalated like Vic or that thing from Qld frozen solid looking like Morticia from the Adams Family she is so scared. She will still have Qld locked down at Xmas until summer heat thaws her out at this rate.

1 hour ago, Ease the sheet. said:

It's pretty fucking simple. Listen to the experts.

Yep. If you listen to the State CMO's there is an element of their uterances being politicised over a science that is a bit overwhelming but generally pretty good and match the case load/rate they have and special demographics each state has to factor in. Still think a truly national response using state resources a better approach.

1 hour ago, jack_sparrow said:

Yep. If you listen to the State CMO's there is an element of their uterances being politicised over a science that is a bit overwhelming but generally pretty good and match the case load/rate they have and special demographics each state has to factor in. Still think a truly national response using state resources a better approach.

It maybe better but Federation is in the road....

Actually I disagree. I think states should be in control and should have separate plans. That thought is based on states being better placed to work on smaller outbreaks or being better placed to relax restrictions.

Different jurisdictions with different situations will require different actions.

The federal government works best when it supports different approaches to different situations in different states.

Unfortunately the funding arrangements and different priorities between states and feds, and different political views hamper that.

Scomo should not be encouraging states to get their economies open because it helps his budget.