SCARECROW

Aussie Government blow it (Again)

4 hours ago, FinnFish said:

Yeap sure is, we have the highest State debt in the whole of Straya, numero fucking uno.

Anna now spending other peoples future money, how good is that?

You'll be pleased to know that the federal debit at about $837 billion is growing much, much faster than total state debit, which totals a paltry $170 billion.

I wish they'd update the graphic to 2020:

debit.thumb.png.969f60dd197775f2146e5a11f2c34cb5.png

http://australiandebtclock.com.au/

19 minutes ago, RobG said:

You'll be pleased to know that the federal debit at about $837 billion is growing much, much faster than total state debit, which totals a paltry $170 billion.

Is Quantitative Easing being used in OZ?  That is, is the Federal Government printing money by selling bonds to the Reserve Bank?

If it is can State and Local Government sell bonds to the OZ Reserve Bank?

18 hours ago, Dark Cloud said:

Well, we are still wearing masks here - and that retarded polish cunt palachook still wont let most aussies into the sunny state

There are exceptions. If you are a tattooed country and western singer with lank hair, married to the worlds worst actress OR you are the talentless younger sister of a famous pop princess, you can. And yet 52 000 sweaty Queenslanders (a covid era world record crowd apparently) will pack into the Cauldron of Lang park tonight to watch the decider. Regardless of the outcome, no carry-on luggage is allowed on the return flight to Sydney so the trophy will have to stay up here.

SA going into hard lockdown.

Dunno what they hope to achieve in six days. Contact trace I suppose.

South Australia will be ordered into a major lockdown for six days in what the State Government has labelled a "circuit breaker", as authorities scramble to contain a coronavirus outbreak.

Key points:

• South Australians will have to stay home other than for specific purposes
  • Industries, schools and takeaway food outlets will close, with outdoor exercise prohibited
  • This strain of COVID-19 is breeding "very, very rapidly" and people with no symptoms can spread it

From midnight tonight, for the next six days, all schools, pubs, cafes, takeaway food outlets and the construction industry will close. Exercise will be banned outside the house.

People will be restricted from going outside their homes. Only one person per household will be able to leave the home each day, but only for specific purposes.

People are being encouraged to wear masks whenever they are outside their homes.

Universities and all outdoor sport will be shut down, while elective surgery will cease. Weddings and funerals will also be banned.

Urgent operations and cancer treatment will be allowed to go ahead.

Only children of essential workers will be allowed to attend school in-person.

4 hours ago, Kate short for Bob said:

Is Quantitative Easing being used in OZ?  That is, is the Federal Government printing money by selling bonds to the Reserve Bank?

Yes, though the bonds aren't sold directly the the reserve bank (RBA), they are first sold to institutions which then sell them on secondary markets to the RBA.

If it is can State and Local Government sell bonds to the OZ Reserve Bank?

States and territories, yes. LGAs, no.

14 hours ago, The Dark Knight said:

it sounds like they had a pandemic sized debt before anyone caught something from eating bats

Country champion breaking her own records .....then added $28bn on top of Covid arrived numbers.

For the Polish prison guards border bullshit that has cost $500k of extra debt for every person to get a seat at Origin.. all so she could text gloating dribble to Gladys tomorrow after 

If Randumb brings coal mining to halt in the dumb cunt capital of Aust....LB will be eating gravel.

13 hours ago, RobG said:

I wish they'd update the graphic to 2020:

debit.thumb.png.969f60dd197775f2146e5a11f2c34cb5.png

http://australiandebtclock.com.au/

2007 to 2014 Rudd/Gillard/Rudd did a marvelous job there. 

When they update that graph where States less than $200bn, the Polish woman's $112bn today.will turbo charge that.  

12 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

SA going into hard lockdown.

Dunno what they hope to achieve in six days. Contact trace I suppose.

The SA premier probably realised they grew complacent believing that the closed domestic borders will protect them and therefore did not have effective contract tracing in reserve ready to ramp up. 

If the WA government is as head up their own arse as our resident WA clown Darth Wanker, then they too will be fucked by the smallest of outbreaks.

1 minute ago, The Dark Knight said:

The SA premier probably realised they grew complacent believing that the closed domestic borders will protect them and therefore did not have effective contract tracing in reserve ready to ramp up. 

If the WA government is as head up their own arse as our resident WA clown Darth Wanker, then they too will be fucked by the smallest of outbreaks.

Now why does it sound like you're indulging in a touch of schadenfreude. It really isn't a competition.<_< 

43 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

Now why does it sound like you're indulging in a touch of schadenfreude. It really isn't a competition.<_< 

But TDK is right - the blunt weapon that is closed state borders is stupid, particularly for small outbreaks, which we will have with us for a long time to come

11 minutes ago, Dark Cloud said:

But TDK is right - the blunt weapon that is closed state borders is stupid, particularly for small outbreaks, which we will have with us for a long time to come

Small outbreak? Oh, you know this will be a small outbreak by the end of next week do you?

At least no one will traveling anywhere in SA for the next 6 days.

This strain is SA seems to be particularly sneaky, mild or no symptoms and fast wide spread infections. Tell me about it when someone infected from Adelaide flies into Melbourne  and Dan locks us down again, I look forward to the howls of outrage. 

You guys seem to live in a bubble. 

When all states manage to stop people from job hopping between medi hotels and pizza deliveries etc we might be able to tighten up these outbreaks. Only way you can do that is to put all medi hotel staff on contracts that prohibit second jobs (automatic dismissal) and compensate the financial loss.

29 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

Small outbreak? Oh, you know this will be a small outbreak by the end of next week do you?

This strain is SA seems to be particularly sneaky, mild or no symptoms and fast wide spread infections. Tell me about it when someone infected from Adelaide flies into Melbourne  and Dan locks us down again, I look forward to the howls of outrage. 

When all states manage to stop people from job hopping between medi hotels and pizza deliveries etc we might be able to tighten up these outbreaks. Only way you can do that is to put all medi hotel staff on contracts that prohibit second jobs (automatic dismissal) and compensate the financial loss.

But aren't you highlighting the biggest issue with Covid-19?  It's inequitable in everything except death.  The wealthy and the retired can lock down as long as they want.  The rest of the population can't and ironically they are the least vulnerable.

11 minutes ago, Kate short for Bob said:

But aren't you highlighting the biggest issue with Covid-19?  It's inequitable in everything except death.  The wealthy and the retired can lock down as long as they want.  The rest of the population can't and ironically they are the least vulnerable.

Actually, there's nothing equitable about Covid. 

The bolded bit is bullshit. After the elderly, the most vulnerable are low pay, low skill, those that work shifts, Casual workers, often with big families and mixed generation households, the sector with more diabetes, heart problems, the cleaners, the bus drivers the food delivery peeps, meat processing workers..who funnily enough, are often OLD with little or NO healthcare.

The ones that Doctors Without Borders are apparently looking after for you. The country with the worlds best healthcare for those that can pay!)

It's up to governments to support the most vulnerable workers to stay home! 

4 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

It's up to governments to support the most vulnerable workers to stay home! 

So who picks the crops to feed you?  Or for that matter cooks the food for those in quarantine?

15 minutes ago, Kate short for Bob said:

So who picks the crops to feed you?  Or for that matter cooks the food for those in quarantine?

The young and healthy? There's plenty of those around.

People who's employers should be obliged to institute safe work practices, paid sick leave so their workers dont have to fear financial disaster staying home if sick?  and government's that provide  financial support for those vulnerable ? 

1 hour ago, Kate short for Bob said:

What do you mean? In meli's world the food just magically appears at the door. As long as the food delivery fairies are not locked down, the world is all good living on 75% of her pre-covid income

2 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

NSW is managing ok with their efficient contact tracing. Gladys seems to understand that you must live with the virus rather than living in denial. 

22 minutes ago, The Dark Knight said:

NSW is managing ok with their efficient contact tracing. Gladys seems to understand that you must live with the virus rather than living in denial. 

What's that I hear in the distance? an echoing scream of former hopes going down the overconfidence water slide ?

1 hour ago, Shortforbob said:

What's that I hear in the distance? an echoing scream of former hopes going down the overconfidence water slide ?

Not yet

3 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

You sound like you are waiting in hope

7 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

3 minutes ago, The Dark Knight said:

You sound like you are waiting in hope

Not at all. I think I've posted a number of times, our pollys are all doing very well on balance.

But no state is out of the woods yet nor can be complacent, nor think they have all the answers.

I refuse to take a partisan stance on this ..We are all Australians.

2 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

Not at all. I think I've posted a number of times, our pollys are all doing very well on balance.

But no state is out of the woods yet nor can be complacent, nor think they have all the answers.

I refuse to take a partisan stance on this ..We are all Australians.

The point to remember is the approach to living with the virus - we desperately need to be able to do that. Rolling lockdowns doesn't bear thinking about.

5 minutes ago, Dark Cloud said:

The point to remember is the approach to living with the virus - we desperately need to be able to do that. Rolling lockdowns doesn't bear thinking about.

Yeah of course.  Except for those dying with.

But no one gives a fuck about old cunts, except for people like Austin1972 that is, and a few others.  Or Long COVID that no one really understands yet.

Fuck all that though, we got to sell smashed avo and coffee right?  And fuel. let's not forget we have to sell fuel for cars that fuck the planet!

38 minutes ago, Dark Cloud said:

well you may just have to grin and bear it. As my mother would have said "worst things happen at sea"

But I don't think she had cruising yachts in mind.

Biggest concern is arguably an over-reaction is being driven by a true under capacity in CT Australia wide. 

Commonwealth CT Report finished this time last week will have revealed true position and as Feds not screaming about SA and others response then this is cause for concern. 

No bloody transparency in Australia with each state running its own show and some bullshitting.

2 hours ago, astro said:

Yeah of course.  Except for those dying with.

But no one gives a fuck about old cunts, except for people like Austin1972 that is, and a few others.  Or Long COVID that no one really understands yet.

Fuck all that though, we got to sell smashed avo and coffee right?  And fuel. let's not forget we have to sell fuel for cars that fuck the planet!

I care more about people who deserve to have a future than I do about people who like you are passed their used by date.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Dark Knight said:

I care more about people who deserve to have a future than I do about people who like you are passed their used by date.

Anyone who cares for the people would want them not to die from COVID.  You only care about dollars.

See the hypocrisy of your position you disingenuous cunt?

• Downvote 1

24 minutes ago, astro said:

Anyone who cares for the people would want them not to die from COVID.  You only care about dollars.

See the hypocrisy of your position you disingenuous cunt?

No, I care for people who are NOT PASSED THEIR USED BY DATE. 

1 minute ago, The Dark Knight said:

So old people have less purchasing power, not enough years of spending left to be valuable?

I have two people on ignore.  Both are small time annoyances not worth conversing with, sick units.

Now there are three.

16 minutes ago, The Dark Knight said:

So at what point are you passed your "use" by date?

I have no use for you, probably never would have had a use for you.

There's probably many many people have no use for you if you think about it objectively.

Are you more useful than say a Nurse? or a Plumber? or a dancer?

Tell me how you are useful?

Do you deserve to have a future?

What use are you? or more to the point, are you expendable? easy to replace?

Should you be weeded like a dandelion?

6 hours ago, The Dark Knight said:

It seems that deadshit Dan is playing the border closure game.

His common sense on SA seemed to good to be true.

Opposition Leader Michael O'Brien said Victorians had worked too hard to get the numbers down to let the gains slip away.

"This is going to be a challenge for some of our border communities but the overall welfare of Victorians must come first," he said.

"That means securing the border to make sure that the gains we've made are preserved." 

care to comment? :D

I wonder if his change of tune would have anything to do with his 15%  "approval" ratings?

What a guy.

42 minutes ago, astro said:

So old people have less purchasing power, not enough years of spending left to be valuable?

I'd rather an old cunt to die of Covid than let a young person die of despair and hopelessness

42 minutes ago, astro said:

I have two people on ignore.  Both are small time annoyances not worth conversing with, sick units.

Now there are three.

Thanks, I appreciate the notification. Happy to be on you list you crybaby selfish old cunt.

3 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

Opposition Leader Michael O'Brien said Victorians had worked too hard to get the numbers down to let the gains slip away.

"This is going to be a challenge for some of our border communities but the overall welfare of Victorians must come first," he said.

"That means securing the border to make sure that the gains we've made are preserved." 

care to comment? :D

As an opposition leader, O'Brien has been irrelevant and fucking useless. Hopefully the libs will find someone useful or dust off Jeff before the next election.

6 minutes ago, The Dark Knight said:

As an opposition leader, O'Brien has been irrelevant and fucking useless. Hopefully the libs will find someone useful or dust off Jeff before the next election.

Is that the best you can offer? The Victorian Liberal Party died years ago. Maybe Jeff's concession speech should have included

"apres moi, le deluge" :D

42 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

So at what point are you passed your "use" by date?

I have no use for you, probably never would have had a use for you.

There's probably many many people have no use for you if you think about it objectively.

Are you more useful than say a Nurse? or a Plumber? or a dancer?

Tell me how you are useful?

Do you deserve to have a future?

What use are you? or more to the point, are you expendable? easy to replace?

Should you be weeded like a dandelion?

I am more useful to society most old cunts sitting in nursing homes or playing bingo with their old aged pension.

I'm working, paying tax and MOST importantly, I am supporting my 4 year old daughter who unlike the old cunts, is part of Australia's future. Unlike the old cunts, her generation is going have to repay the debt accumulated whilst we are fucking the economy running scared with shutdown.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, The Dark Knight said:

I am more useful to society most old cunts sitting in nursing homes or playing bingo with their old aged pension.

In what way?

old people paying $600-1.5 million in RAD? plus daily fees, plus extras, so private operators can line their pockets, milk em dry before they die.

Sucks that they also have to pay all those nurses, OT's, physio's, cooks, cleaners, personal carers . and guess what, there's a lot more oldies in the private sector aged care than are playing bingo with their pension and many of them even go out for coffee 

Somehow I expect that my mother "employed" more people than you do, and on higher salaries too.

I'm working, paying tax and MOST importantly, I am supporting my 4 year old daughter who unlike the old cunts, is part of Australia's future. Unlike the old cunts, her generation is going have to repay the debt accumulated whilst we are fucking the economy running scared with shutdown.  

Old people don't pay taxes? well I suppose they paid them all their lives to supplement the education of private school brats, that now have no use for them. Still doing it aren't we?

If your four year old daughter grows up to be a little Ivanka, I doubt she'll contribute much. Fortunately, little girls grow and stop worshiping their daddy's every rant, stop believing that daddy is always right. Hell, if she doesn't laugh at you by the time she's 15, she'll not be normal 

13 minutes ago, Dark Cloud said:

Lefties think the money tree never stops growing. They are, the problem

and righties never stop sucking on the government teat either, they just call it entitlement or tax smart or jobkeeper or School subsidies rather than welfare..:rolleyes:

1 minute ago, Shortforbob said:

and righties never stop sucking on the government teat either, they just call it entitlement or tax smart rather than welfare.or jobkeeper.:rolleyes:

meanwhile the rest of us, work and pay our taxes. Making up for the shortfall caused by smart accountants and subsidising the welfare generation. 

Just now, The Dark Knight said:

meanwhile the rest of us, work and pay our taxes. Making up for the shortfall caused by smart accountants and subsidising the private school generation parasites. 

Thats much more accurate.

Jeebus Dark Knight, How often does the right side of politics run a surplus? ... if the left side run a deficit it's The Money Tree, but if the right side run a deficit its a necessary economic measure... I'm not even taking a side, but fer god's sake, open both eyes

2 hours ago, Weyalan said:

Jeebus Dark Knight, How often does the right side of politics run a surplus? ... if the left side run a deficit it's The Money Tree, but if the right side run a deficit its a necessary economic measure... I'm not even taking a side, but fer god's sake, open both eyes

I guess my point was not clear. I will express it differently.

The economy and or services are more fucked the further a parties policies are from the middle ground. The far left and far right equally fuck us by pandering to their minority supporter base.  

The left think there is a money tree and the right think that cutting expenditure and taxes is the answer to everything.

Scomo is doing well now because he is being very unLiberal by going into debt to help the economy. He would do even better if the Liberals did not have Dutton and the Abbott fans still in the party. 

6 minutes ago, The Dark Knight said:

I guess my point was not clear. I will express it differently.

The economy and or services are more fucked the further a parties policies are from the middle ground. The far left and far right equally fuck us by pandering to their minority supporter base.  

The left think there is a money tree and the right think that cutting expenditure and taxes is the answer to everything.

Scomo is doing well now because he is being very unLiberal by going into debt to help the economy. He would do even better if the Liberals did not have Dutton and the Abbott fans still in the party. 

I tend to view it that the left will tax / borrow according to cost of the services they think we should provide and the right provide services based on the amount they think they should tax / borrow. I agree with your comments about extreme left and extreme right being equally cunt-ish. Personally, although I have never been in receipt of any form of welfare from the Australian government, and having paid Income Tax continuously since I arrived in Australia some 25+ years ago, I would actually rather pay a bit more income tax and have more services, but I acknowledge that is a personal preference and not necessarily in line with the dominant paradigm.

• Like 1

On 11/19/2020 at 5:14 AM, The Dark Knight said:

retard drawing Blank Template - Imgflip

Sounds like more incompetence from the SA government to me.

Y'all were quick to blame the Vic government for their mismanagement of the hotel quarantine, but when exactly that happened in SA... Silence.

We are still going great, 8 months since a locally transmitted Covid case.

Great work by the WA government and god leader McGowan, doing all the right things. Properly managed borders, properly managed quarantine, properly managed State.

No description available.

Careful you don't dislocate your shoulder patting yourself on the back there, champ.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

Biggest concern is arguably an over-reaction is being driven by a true under capacity in CT Australia wide. 

Commonwealth CT Report finished this time last week will have revealed true position and as Feds not screaming about SA and others response then this is cause for concern. 

No bloody transparency in Australia with each state running its own show and some bullshitting.

The bullshitting isn't restricted to state governments.

South Australia to end coronavirus lockdown three days early after pizza worker's 'lie'

This shows IMMEDIATE NEED for 'manual' contact/tracing to be supplemented with a robust 'auto' contact/tracing system in each state, including the 'mandatory' use of QR codes by business and high infection risk places.

The outcome of the above Fed review of CT in each state should be made public.

Big fucking wake up call.

How many 'get out of jail free' cards has Australia got left in the deck???

How many fucking border closures because of fuck all cases and because of potentially shit CT in some states?

On 11/19/2020 at 11:17 AM, Shortforbob said:

It could be your neighbor's dog.

A man who stole his neighbour’s dog to commit a sex act on it has been unable to explain why he did it.

Paul Brian Walton was sentenced to 12 months’ prison combined with a two-and-a-half year community correction order by the County Court of Victoria on Friday.

He was previously convicted for “very similar” offences involving three dogs.

https://www.news.com.au/national/victoria/courts-law/paul-walton-jailed-for-bestiality-with-neighbours-kelpie/news-story/21101223ac6d5e57e57a2507115036f5

4 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

Paul Brian Walton was sentenced to 12 months’ prison combined with a two-and-a-half year community correction order by the County Court of Victoria on Friday

Ease has been very quiet lately. :lol:

5 hours ago, darth reapius said:

Y'all were quick to blame the Vic government for their mismanagement of the hotel quarantine, but when exactly that happened in SA... Silence.

Probably is incompetence as anyone working at quarantine hotels should not be allowed to work at other places. Their employment should be such that they should not need a second job. But I don't care enough to get outraged. I'll save my energy for Dan

Great work by the WA government and god leader McGowan, doing all the right things. Properly managed borders, properly managed quarantine, properly managed running scared  State.

SA's quarantine was perhaps considered properly managed until a week or so ago. 

Just now, The Dark Knight said:

Do you swallow or spit it out when McGowan fills your mouth?

Never mind.

I see you had already answered.

retard drawing Blank Template - Imgflip

4 hours ago, LB 15 said:

It could be your neighbor's dog.

A man who stole his neighbour’s dog to commit a sex act on it has been unable to explain why he did it.

Paul Brian Walton was sentenced to 12 months’ prison combined with a two-and-a-half year community correction order by the County Court of Victoria on Friday.

He was previously convicted for “very similar” offences involving three dogs.

https://www.news.com.au/national/victoria/courts-law/paul-walton-jailed-for-bestiality-with-neighbours-kelpie/news-story/21101223ac6d5e57e57a2507115036f5

I know it's the wrong thread, but bestiality was not illegal in Sweden until something like 10 years ago.

The whole debate was very strange, rather than focusing on the sickness of the act, it was more akin to banning the throwing rocks at animals.

10 hours ago, The Dark Knight said:

I know it's the wrong thread, but bestiality was not illegal in Sweden until something like 10 years ago.

The whole debate was very strange, rather than focusing on the sickness of the act, it was more akin to banning the throwing rocks at animals.

I am amazed at how the left give a leave pass for the Cruelty to animals that is endemic in Arab culture. As an example, for thousands of years they have been using goat intestines as a contraceptive. It was the British that suggested that they remove it from the goat first.

26 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

I am amazed at how the left give a leave pass for the Cruelty to animals that is endemic in Arab culture. As an example, for thousands of years they have been using goat intestines as a contraceptive. It was the British that suggested that they remove it from the goat first.

That's funny :hehe:

• Like 1

14 hours ago, The Dark Knight said:

Probably is incompetence as anyone working at quarantine hotels should not be allowed to work at other places. Their employment should be such that they should not need a second job.

That is the root of the problem.

People say "why aren't police doing hotel quarantine?". Well, the police see it as below them and besides, can you imagine the cost with all the overtime they'd be racking up? Not to mention many would do a shift in a quarantine hotel then be back on the beat/office/whatever so effectively working two jobs anyway. And if they were seconded to hotel quarantine full time then who will backfill the thousands of police positions suddenly left vacant?

So it's left to the "gig economy", where "employers" depend on stupidly low wages and churn, with workers having to work in multiple jobs for a few hours here and there, probably on such low wages that they still qualify for social service benefits one or two weeks per month. Then when the system breaks and a low paid shit kicker spreads a virus because they work in hotel quarantine, cleaning and a pizza shop while the rest of their family that they live with do similar multiple jobs, it's the worker who's blamed. 

What happened to "have a go to get a go"?

Hotel quarantine workers should be full–time on full award wages for an appropriate level. They should be tested every day, as should everyone in their household. They should all be required to wear masks in public. It should be seen as performing a great public service and be recognised as such. They should not be setup to be scapegoats when the system fails because a primary motivation is minimise cost through provision of barely adequate services by largely unskilled, untrained and poorly paid workers.

I see the government is also harassing people to pay for their hotel quarantine. Apparently an extra $2 million on top of the more than $150 billion already spent is the straw that broke the camel's back.

4 hours ago, LB 15 said:

It was the British that suggested that they remove it from the goat first.

To be historicaly correct I believe sheep not goat. Caused much confusion in NZ.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RobG said:

Hotel quarantine workers should be full–time on full award wages for an appropriate level. They should be tested every day, as should everyone in their household. They should all be required to wear masks in public. It should be seen as performing a great public service and be recognised as such. They should not be setup to be scapegoats when the system fails because a primary motivation is minimise cost through provision of barely adequate services by largely unskilled, untrained and poorly paid workers.

Yep should be effectively a FIFO job with accomodation included and a pay rate that if you worked for 12 months would be well into 6 figures to make it worth the risk/sacrifice.

only way to make it possible for people to keep returning without the risk of large scale re-infection.

A great example of misinformation getting generated if not political propoganda.

Starts first innocently of Hoppy closing down the village idiot. 

Note: SA Hotel quarantine issue was international traveler infects hotel staff member who infects security guard. 

21 hours ago, The Dark Knight said:
On 11/20/2020 at 3:31 PM, darth reapius said:

Probably is incompetence as anyone working at quarantine hotels should not be allowed to work at other places. Their employment should be such that they should not need a second job. But I don't care enough to get outraged. I'll save my energy for Dan

And 

On 11/20/2020 at 3:31 PM, darth reapius said:

Great work by the WA government and god leader McGowan, doing all the right things. Properly managed borders, properly managed quarantine, properly managed running scared  State.

SA's quarantine was perhaps considered properly managed until a week or so ago.

First the dual or triple jobs thing is something new. It came out of the Coates Inquiry only released early this month which said;

“every effort must be made to ensure that all personnel working at the facility are not working across multiple quarantine sites and not working in other forms of employment”.

“Every effort should be made to have personnel working at quarantine facilities salaried employees with terms and conditions that address the possible need to self-isolate in the event of an infection or possible infection, or close contact exposure, together with all necessary supports, including the need to relocate if necessary and have a managed return to work,” the report recommended.

Now it starts going off the rails set by Rob. 

6 hours ago, RobG said:

Probably is incompetence as anyone working at quarantine hotels should not be allowed to work at other places. Their employment should be such that they should not need a second job.

That is the root of the problem.

People say "why aren't police doing hotel quarantine?". Well, the police see it as below them and besides, can you imagine the cost with all the overtime they'd be racking up? Not to mention many would do a shift.......

....So it's left to the "gig economy", where "employers" depend on stupidly low wages and churn, with workers having to work in multiple jobs for a few hours here and there, probably on such low wages that they still qualify for social service benefits one or two weeks per month. ....

Hotel quarantine workers should be full–time on full award wages for an appropriate level. They should be tested every day, as should everyone in their household. They should all be required to wear masks in public. It should be seen as performing a great public service and be recognised as such. ....

Followed up by Scare innocently chiming in not knowing he is replying to bullshit. 

1 hour ago, SCARECROW said:
6 hours ago, RobG said:

Hotel quarantine workers should be full–time on full award wages for an appropriate level.....

....provision of barely adequate services by largely unskilled, untrained and poorly paid workers.

Yep should be effectively a FIFO job with accomodation included and a pay rate that if you worked for 12 months would be well into 6 figures to make it worth the risk/sacrifice.

only way to make it possible for people to keep returning without the risk of large scale re-infection.

THE BULLSHIT

So suddenly anyone reading this is left with the impression this occurs Australia wide. 

a) Police are NOT involved in hotel quarantine security. 

b) Private security firms run hotel quarantine security. 

c) Despite the Victorian fuck-up little has changed Australia wide. 

d) Hotel quarantine is held ransom by the gig economy or those employees with bills to pay loathe to isolate.

WHAT ACTUALLY HAPPENS

To the last issue federal governments make payments to those needing to isolate while waiting for test results, or for the two-week infectious period.

Every state has their own hotel quarantine model but with the exception of Victoria it has been like this for over 7 months and still is today, generally along these lines. 

a) ADF personal man each hotel. 

b) Private security supplement certain activities. 

c) The above two parties and those being quarantined are under the direction of state police and health departments. ADF & Private Security have no authority to give directions.

As for South Australia their response to the politically motivated Coates Inquiry which is devoid of reality and is echoed by other states albeit very quietly by Labour ones. As SA Police Commissioner Stevens stated. 

"It would mean people working in the system would need to isolate themselves entirely from the rest of the community.

“That’s police officers, it’s nurses, it’s caterers, it’s cleaners, it’s hotel staff, it’s the Australian Defence Force. Your expectation is unreasonable, these people are part of our community, and we require them to do a really important job at the moment.”

So chalk and fucking cheese all from one innocent post?

Innocent Rob? You and the village idiot aren't trying to put SA alongside that of Victoria? Pumping the Coates Inquiry bullshit down people throats?

Or it could be just sloppy posting?

You finish off with. 

6 hours ago, RobG said:

I see the government is also harassing people to pay for their hotel quarantine. Apparently an extra $2 million on top of the more than $150 billion already spent is the straw that broke the camel's back.

Firstly the Commonwealth don't chase anyone, that is the states cost and responsibility.

As for chasing people not unusual for 30 day invoices being furnished up to two months after quarantine is complete and with repayment plans offered by the states. 

The $2m who ever is chasing that represents around around 700+ persons invoiced. Approximately 70,000 people have been processed through international quarantine since payment was made compulsory in July so a 0.1% issue. Alert the media.

Around half returning nationals. That 70k total maybe $150m in invoices before exemptions.

Relevance?? Victoria hasn't participated in international quarantine so no nexus there. Why? Dig at the Feds? Who fucking knows. 

Bottom line shit posting intentional or unintentional.

It’s a risk mitigation thing.  Regardless of how they are currently being run, Vic, NSW, SA and Auckland all have proven cases or workers bringing COVID out of quarantine and into the community.  If you step up the protection taken against this issue then it follows that you can safely step up the number of returning nationals.  

Increase the returning numbers without improving the protection and simple statistics says eventually one of those slips has the potential to be the next Victoria rather than be quickly tracked down and controlled as they were with NSW and Auckland.

41 minutes ago, SCARECROW said:

It’s a risk mitigation thing...

..Increase the returning numbers without improving the protection and simple statistics says eventually one of those slips has the potential to be the next Victoria rather than be quickly tracked down and controlled as they were with NSW and Auckland.

"It’s a risk mitigation thing..."

Exactly measured against what is a controllable number of new cases being generated in the community.

Don't forget risk mitigation doesn't stop or start with Quarantine. 

Contact Trace capacity is the number one pillar for mitigating risk. Expecting to mitigate solely at the source is unsustainable.

How good is CT really in Australia??

Feds know. 

General public wouldn't have a fucking clue.

3 hours ago, SCARECROW said:

It’s a risk mitigation thing.  Regardless of how they are currently being run, Vic, NSW, SA and Auckland all have proven cases or workers bringing COVID out of quarantine and into the community.  If you step up the protection taken against this issue then it follows that you can safely step up the number of returning nationals.  

Increase the returning numbers without improving the protection and simple statistics says eventually one of those slips has the potential to be the next Victoria rather than be quickly tracked down and controlled as they were with NSW and Auckland.

I don't know why they don't use the idle cruise liners as quarantine places, the security and medical staff can live on the ship for 14 days and have the same tests as the passengers, then go ashore for 14 days before their next shift.

11 minutes ago, Terry Hollis said:

I don't know why they don't use the idle cruise liners as quarantine places, the security and medical staff can live on the ship for 14 days and have the same tests as the passengers, then go ashore for 14 days before their next shift.

Add to the hysteria about quarantine places being the risk problem, which masks the real risk problem that remains broken. 

Contact/Trace capacity is the number ONE pillar for mitigating risk. Expecting to mitigate risks solely at the source such as quarantine places, or rolling 'statewide' (not localised) lockdowns is totally unsustainable. The Fed's have stated this.

So these fuckwits promote getting RID OF QUARANTINE and therefore ABANDON entirely Australians trapped overseas. 

Really hope your state branch of the party drowns in a sea of puss you cunts.

IMG_20201123_031911.jpg

Borders are open Australia wide with quarantine places empty, yet Aust international arrivals CAP remains UNCHANGED, numbers stranded overseas increase don't drop, they increase and 20K seats arrive empty every week. 

Singapore Airlines flight from Singapore to Brisbane via Syd landing on Friday.

EnbLIIuWEAEQmmm.jpeg

11 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

Contact/Trace capacity is the number ONE pillar for mitigating risk. Expecting to mitigate risks solely at the source such as quarantine places, or rolling 'statewide' (not localised) lockdowns is totally unsustainable. The Fed's have stated this.

So these fuckwits promote getting RID OF QUARANTINE and therefore ABANDON entirely Australians trapped overseas. 

Really hope your state branch of the party drowns in a sea of puss you cunts.

IMG_20201123_031911.jpg

Borders are open Australia wide with quarantine places empty, yet Aust international arrivals CAP remains UNCHANGED, numbers stranded overseas increase don't drop, they increase and 20K seats arrive empty every week. 

Singapore Airlines flight from Singapore to Brisbane via Syd landing on Friday.

EnbLIIuWEAEQmmm.jpeg

"Stranded overseas"

Fuck off.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-03-17/coronavirus-australians-should-return-home-from-overseas/12065050

It's almost December, you call someone "stranded" yet they were asked to return home 9 months ago, that sounds more like they chose not to return and that's on them.

Also you say the number stranded over-seas increases, so what, more people are leaving than returning? Again sounds like that's on them, anyone leaving by now clearly knows the risks.

5 minutes ago, darth reapius said:

"Stranded overseas"

Fuck off.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-03-17/coronavirus-australians-should-return-home-from-overseas/12065050

It's almost December, you call someone "stranded" yet they were asked to return home 9 months ago, that sounds more like they chose not to return and that's on them.

Also you say the number stranded over-seas increases, so what, more people are leaving than returning? Again sounds like that's on them, anyone leaving by now clearly knows the risks.

Whilst there were some who chose not to return when advised back in march, there are plenty that have been trying to return home for months and months - booking mega-expensive flights only to have them cancelled at the last minute. Rinse repeat.  They are the ones that need repatriating.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, darth reapius said:

"Stranded overseas"

Fuck off.

"Stranded overseas"

Fuck off."

This has already been posted upthread a number of times (maybe even in direct reply to your bullshit) so this is the response you get and deserve. 

You are lying cunt sewing the seeds of gross misinformation for political gain. 

That ABC link to article DATED 18 March (and countless similiar) you refer to is not wrong.  You have deliberately chosen to lie about its contents by omission you cunt. 

It refers to Australian tourists, those "who wish to return home to do so as soon as possible" NOT expatriates. Expatriate Australians were advised by DFAT's missions around the world in March (and publicaly repeated by Morrison) to STAY PUT. This was to reduce the logistical pressure for catering for the return of short term travellers. Many repatriated at the taxpayers cost via subsidies to Qantas. Ironicaly an airline that then ceased to fly overseas upon that subsidy ceasing. Current empty flights are subsidised by overseas airlines/governments.

What occured is simple. The pandemic took hold, economies froze over night and many expatriates lost their jobs. Many still paying Australian taxes but denied BOTH local and Australian social and health care. Many stranded and still stranded in fucking dangerous places. Places where more die in one day that Australia's 8 month total.

Many still stranded having either CANCELLED bookings upon that STAY PUT directive OR subsequently had their flights cancelled AFTER the Government placed a CAP on international arrivals on 10 July and despite quarantine being made subject to user pays. That CAP was and still set today set by the quarantine numbers STATES are WILLING to provide, despite it being user pays. 

Most arriving back today have had multiple bookings (seats, not flights) the first made as early as February cancelled at the last minute because of shambolic organisation in some states outside NSW. So shambolic in fact many having empty places and not meeting their nominated weekly arrivals. 

So to the cunts in my post that your cunt response refers, the SA opposition. They are proposing the existing number of 1,200 SA Q beds be reduced to ZERO.

2 hours ago, darth reapius said:

"Also you say the number stranded over-seas increases , so what, more people are leaving than returning?"

Again posted upthread so you are a lying miserable cunt. 

It has NOTHING to do with people leaving and returning. Why?

Any cunt with half a brain would know Australian residents, even dual passport holders have not been allowed to leave Australia unless under special circumstances mid year.

I was referring to those stranded cockbreath. 

Up until late September the only means available to the Australian Govt to gauge the numbers stranded is those who have contacted Embassy's seeking assistance. There was NO phone number or NO email address for them to do so. Once DFAT established online registration in September a figure of 25K stranded jumped to 35K overnight.

Two months later it is STILL around the same figure despite those returning. Hence the numbers are rising. Airlines report even higher numbers based upon direct enquiries. 

The same airlines arriving in Australia every week with 20k empty seats. The same country with 20K suitable empty beds and personel per week sitting there unused. This while the CAP sits at less than 6,000 per week and Australian nationals securing only around half that number. Non nationals and business travelers taking up the other half.

The above information is NOT new. It sits in more of my fucking posts droning on about the subject than all of your posts here combined. 

It is your misinformation and that of those 'enablers' like you which sees this matter given no importance by the general public 

So Darth cunt go fuck yourself with a house brick, preferably using up the entire pallet  

2 hours ago, Dark Cloud said:

They are the ones that need repatriating.

They don't need repatriating. All they want is Australian states to give them a fucking quarantine bed they are happy to pay for.

A bed, a paltry 1,200 of them, these miserable cunts from SA want to take away. 

2 hours ago, Dark Cloud said:

Whilst there were some who chose not to return when advised back in march, there are plenty that have been trying to return home for months and months - booking mega-expensive flights only to have them cancelled at the last minute. Rinse repeat.  They are the ones that need repatriating.

Soooo... After people decided, "Nah, I like it more here" in March, they stayed away until August and thought, "damn it's better in Australia now, I should head home".

Like you can't tell me people in July thought "Imma go on holiday" then had trouble getting home.

Who are these people who 6 months into covid and lock-downs only then decided "Yeah I should go home now, instead of when I was told to".

I was over-seas when this all went down, and thought "yeah I should probably get the fuck back home" and did with ease in March.

A sibling was also over-seas and they thought "yeah I should probably get the fuck back home" and did with ease in February.

^^^^^^ Correction. Make that Besser Blocks. 

20 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

So Darth cunt go fuck yourself with a house brick, preferably using up the entire pallet  

16 minutes ago, darth reapius said:

A sibling was also over-seas and they thought "yeah I should probably get the fuck back home" and did with ease in February.

"..get the fuck back home" and did with ease in February."

February the month BEFORE Covid was given the status of a pandemic, 4 months BEFORE travel restrictions and 4 months BEFORE the Q Cap was introduced on 10 July.

I really hope you work with dangerous machinery. 

1 hour ago, darth reapius said:

Soooo... After people decided, "Nah, I like it more here" in March, they stayed away until August and thought, "damn it's better in Australia now, I should head home".

Like you can't tell me people in July thought "Imma go on holiday" then had trouble getting home.

Who are these people who 6 months into covid and lock-downs only then decided "Yeah I should go home now, instead of when I was told to".

I was over-seas when this all went down, and thought "yeah I should probably get the fuck back home" and did with ease in March.

Darth darth darth. It is better to keep your mouth shut, and for people to assume you are an idiot, than to open it and remove all doubt.

2 minutes ago, Dark Cloud said:

Darth darth darth. It is better to keep your mouth shut, and for people to assume you are an idiot, than to open it and remove all doubt.

Takes one to know one!

42 minutes ago, darth reapius said:
44 minutes ago, Dark Cloud said:

Takes one to know one!

DarthCunt you must be the dumbest cunt in WA, saddled with that highly contagious pox virus 'myxomatosis' sloshing around in your head, and even it wanting to fucking escape you.  

Thank fuck for the 'rabbit proof fence'. 

6 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

DarthCunt you must be the dumbest cunt in WA, saddled with that highly contagious pox virus 'myxomatosis' sloshing around in your head, and even it wanting to fucking escape you.  

Thank fuck for the 'rabbit proof fence'. 

3 things.

Dark Cloud butchered that quote. Painfully so.

Abraham Lincoln - Quote - Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.

126802035_3614910608565690_3969796026475378362_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&ccb=2&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=qeCp7O-XpB4AX-LlT4p&_nc_ht=scontent-syd2-1.xx&oh=0cbf9ab6b07fa3bacae342fad7148c6d&oe=5FDF7A6E

4 hours ago, darth reapius said:

"Stranded overseas"

Fuck off.

You really are a dumb insular cunt.

55 minutes ago, darth reapius said:

Takes one to know one!

You really are a dumb fuck.

There are usually hundreds of thousands living and working overseas at any one time. Many have a home and career where they are living and not surprisingly chose to stay put where they have a job and a place to live. But some times you just have to return at the most inconvenient time.

3 hours ago, darth reapius said:

Abraham Lincoln - Quote - Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.

Lincoln says you are undoubtedly the dumbest cunt he has ever come across.

images - 2020-11-23T234012.927.jpeg

Just 44 passengers on this United Airlines flight from LA landing in Sydney in around 4 hours.

Not all with Australian accents either .....funny about that.

Well done Australia...take a bow. 

EnfqVjEVgAAn0SY.jpeg

My sons best mate has recently got back from living with his Canadian GF for a year. She got a visa and and a flight and will be here before Xmas. While I am very happy for him I wonder how the fuck does this work?

3 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

Just 44 passengers on this United Airlines flight from LA landing in Sydney in around 4 hours.

Not all with Australian accents either .....funny about that.

Well done Australia...take a bow.

Great outcome.  They should all stay home, we don't need no steeenkin foreigners, they bring viruses in.