SCARECROW

Aussie Government blow it (Again)

On 1/11/2021 at 9:02 PM, jack_sparrow said:

Just noticed you have put up a Communicable Diseases Network Australia (CDNA).cite which says there is NO early release for international arrivals and mirrors EXACTLY the above in State Regulations for international quarantine.

Well I defer to your greater powers of investigative reporting. Perhaps you've missed your calling?

Even lawyers are now carrying on like brain donors.

Call for more clarity on border closure triggers

"Human rights lawyers have called on the Victorian government to explain why thousands of people stranded for almost a fortnight in NSW’s COVID-19 hotspots cannot return and quarantine at home instead of being indefinitely excluded."

Federal govt and state government hasn't given two fucks about their stranded citizens since June when the Andrews govt experiments with border control/quarantine turned to shit.

Morons.

The good news with closed state borders is because WA is Covid free and handling the pandemic so well and everyone is 100% happy with their policy, the Australian government can feel free to roll out vaccines in the at risk, unsafe etc etc eastern states first.  Do we even need to buy vaccines for the westralians?  They're fine aren't they? That is $150 million saving right there.

Interesting how Taiwan with one of the lowest death rates in the world (lowest testing rate also) has had relatively open borders and only self-quarantine at home.  That will change on 15 January but they will still allow one person - one residence self-quarantine.

1 minute ago, RobG said:
On 1/11/2021 at 9:02 PM, jack_sparrow said:

Just noticed you have put up a Communicable Diseases Network Australia (CDNA).cite which says there is NO early release for international arrivals and mirrors EXACTLY the above in State Regulations for international quarantine.

Well I defer to your greater powers of investigative reporting. Perhaps you've missed your calling?

"Well I defer to your greater powers of investigative reporting"

I didn't know the CDNA existed until your CDNA post/cite. 

I didn't know the CDNA and Commonwealth Health set the National Covid Guidelines which are endorsed by the Australian Health Protection Principal Committee or AHPPC until your post/cite.

I didn't know before your post/cite that when Victorian Health Minister and Qld Premier said they were acting in compliance with AHPPC protocols they were lying through their teeth too about that.

I should defer to you. 

I won't because you can't man up and say you were wrong, even based upon your own material. 

58 minutes ago, Kate short for Bob said:

Interesting how Taiwan with one of the lowest death rates in the world (lowest testing rate also) has had relatively open borders and only self-quarantine at home.  That will change on 15 January but they will still allow one person - one residence self-quarantine.

and your point is??????

If you are highlighting that Taiwanese people respect the rules for their and others own good and thus only requiring a light touch by the government?

Then I have to agree.  

1 hour ago, SCARECROW said:

The good news with closed state borders is because WA is Covid free and handling the pandemic so well and everyone is 100% happy with their policy, the Australian government can feel free to roll out vaccines in the at risk, unsafe etc etc eastern states first.  Do we even need to buy vaccines for the westralians?  They're fine aren't they? That is $150 million saving right there.

Now that is insightful thinking about state exercising an 'elimination strategy'. It's causing a bit of flack with other states NSW, in particular. 'Crush and kill it': WA Premier says COVID-19 elimination is the right approach 

Second thoughts Queensland is adopting the same approach as WA and with far far greater impact upon the national economy. How are they different??

WA coronavirus cases will likely end in snap lockdown, Chief Health Officer warns

Maybe both should if not cut out of the vaccination program, go to the back of the que.

8 states/territories at the national Convid wheel, what could possibly go wrong.

1 hour ago, The Dark Knight said:
2 hours ago, Kate short for Bob said:

and your point is??????

If you are highlighting that Taiwanese people respect the rules for their and others own good and thus only requiring a light touch by the government?

Then I have to agree.  

"If you are highlighting that Taiwanese people respect the rules....Then I have to agree."

Hoppy your point and agreement is based upon assuming 100% of all international arrivals are Taiwanese. That is wrong.

Remember upthread where Sth Korea have a system that produced half of Australia's deaths per capita involving BOTH state quarantine and self-quarantine, the latter only if Covid free after 2 - 3 test results. Their foriegn national international arrivals in October over 60, 000 where only 1.5% national.

Try these Australian Taiwan numbers on for size noting Taiwan has had 822 cases and 7 deaths.

All Arrivals October 2020

Australia (citizens) 24,700 (12.3k) or 50% citizens, large proportion short term leave and return citizens.

Taiwan (citizens) 42,863 (23.9k) or 56% citizens.

Neither Sth Korea or Taiwan have citizens stranded overseas. Australia has around 40,000.

This proves that it’s possible to protect a nations whole population without inflicting undue hardship on citizens involving international travel. 

According to NSW Department of Health figures, the infection rate among inbound travellers is currently 1% (pp.21-22) having risen from 0.7% in October 2020, consistent with rise in cases overseas. There is NO testing in exit country. 55% of the infections found in quarantine in December 2020 were acquired in three countries, the USA, the UK and India. There is no bar or additional requirements for travellers from these countries. 

Over 90% of Australian cases and deaths has been caused by State Government FAILURES in their control of national borders/quarantine, NOT the quantum of incoming arrivals. Those failures continue. There were two quarantine failures in two states last week involving the Brit strain.

The CAP has been reduced 50% which DOESN'T change percentage infected, yet NOTHING has been done about reducing by 55% the number of infected arrivals coming from THREE countries.

Australia federal and state has abandoned evidence-based policy sitting in their own reports and adopted the popular politics of flight CAPS. The SAME applies to internal borders, 'Popularity polling' over 'science'.

Hoppy you have been taken for a sucker and anyone else thinking along the same lines.

1 hour ago, jack_sparrow said:

"Well I defer to your greater powers of investigative reporting"

I won't because you can't man up and say you were wrong, even based upon your own material. 

Well, I thought I had done that. Perhaps I was too subtle.

I unreservedly apologise for any inaccuracies in statements I have made or inappropriate inferences I might have drawn from material I've posted. I accept that you are probably completely correct in regard to isolation, testing and quarantine procedures. Thank you for your perseverance and knowledgable input.

Perhaps we can move on now…

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, RobG said:

Well, I thought I had done that. Perhaps I was too subtle...

I accept that you are probably completely correct...

Perhaps we can move on now…

"Probably" is not "too subtle". You being "subtle" is to benefit you and cloud your backdown.

But yes you and I can move on.

Move on from two state leaders lying their guts out over their compliance with national AHPPC protocols and their bullshit claims on national AHPPC protocol changes being made last Friday born from their two fuckups??

Nah that's going to get out eventually into the public arena even with MSM editorial bans on certain Covid subjects.

47 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

Remember upthread where Sth Korea have a system that produced half of Australia's deaths per capita involving BOTH state quarantine and self-quarantine, the latter only if Covid free after 2 - 3 test results. Their foriegn national international arrivals in October over 60, 000 where only 1.5% national.

You raised that figure (that I am not disputing) based on my similar assumption that Koreans are more compliant than us (they are). However that 1.5% of the 60 000 returnies demands further drilling down. Now in a country with a population of just under 52 Million, and with over 6 million of them living in the US, China, Japan and Canada alone, does it not seem odd that only 900 of the 60k who returned in Oct (in the middle of a global pandemic) were Koreans?

South Korea has many millions of people living abroad but does not normally allow duel citizens so most of that 60k were either Koreans by birth returning or were regular visitors who understand the culture of compliance that exists there. So my point that a more lax quarantine systems works there, (when it wouldn't work here were 'Karen' is such a popular name) remains valid.

As an example of their compliance, Riots and protests are allowed but only in the square in Seoul that is set aside for exactly that purpose. Groups need to book it in advance and it has water cannons and press areas arranged permanently around it. I shit you not. Widespread civil disobedience would only occur if they tried to ban lung busters in bars and restaurants. Then there would be a civil war.

"As a rule, dual citizenship in Korea is not allowed. The law explicitly states that one who has acquired Korean citizenship must renounce the citizenship of another country within one year, while Korean nationals lose their Korean citizenship as soon as they acquire a foreign one."

2 hours ago, SCARECROW said:

...the Australian government can feel free to roll out vaccines..

Just a bookmark as lay people questioning vaccines even with good intention puts them in the anti-vaxer class.

UK started rolling out vaccine 5 weeks ago, their second vaccine Oxford over a week ago using an 'emergency compliance' provision. At over 2.5 million jabs they currently have the second highest per capita rate in the world behind Israel.

They are not speedy though as Denmark who started 2 weeks ago with 'full compliance' are just behind them and will pass them.

Australia is using the two same vaccines just like the UK but out of caution won't release until mid next month when 'full compliance'. Australia will be one of the last in developed world to do so.

I find it strange that a Federal Government who ignores the science on border control for political gain, complies with the science plus some on vaccines.

An early roll out of vaccines would be a popularity no brainer you would think. However Morrison from Marketing knows popularity backwards. He must have polling suggesting later and safer the better.

IMG_20210113_122318.jpg

"If you are highlighting that Taiwanese people respect the rules....Then I have to agree."

Hoppy your point and agreement is based upon assuming 100% of all international arrivals are Taiwanese. That is wrong.

Try these Australian Taiwan numbers on for size noting Taiwan has had 822 cases and 7 deaths.

All Arrivals October 2020

Australia (citizens) 24,700 (12.3k) or 50% citizens, large proportion short term leave and return citizens.

Taiwan (citizens) 42,863 (23.9k) or 56% citizens.

Neither Sth Korea or Taiwan have citizens stranded overseas. Australia has around 40,000.

This proves that it’s possible to protect a nations whole population without inflicting undue hardship on citizens involving international travel. 

According to NSW Department of Health figures, the infection rate among inbound travellers is currently 1% (pp.21-22) having risen from 0.7% in October 2020, consistent with rise in cases overseas. There is NO testing in exit country. 55% of the infections found in quarantine in December 2020 were acquired in three countries, the USA, the UK and India. There is no bar or additional requirements for travellers from these countries. 

Over 90% of Australian cases and deaths has been caused by State Government FAILURES in their control of national borders/quarantine, NOT the quantum of incoming arrivals. Those failures continue. There were two quarantine failures in two states last week involving the Brit strain.

The CAP has been reduced 50% which DOESN'T change percentage infected, yet NOTHING has been done about reducing by 55% the number of infected arrivals coming from THREE countries.

Australia federal and state has abandoned evidence-based policy sitting in their own reports and adopted the popular politics of flight CAPS. The SAME applies to internal borders, 'Popularity polling' over 'science'.

Hoppy you have been taken for a sucker and anyone else thinking along the same lines.

Do you realise that I was just playing with Bob, because I'm sure he posted it for a different reason.

But it was a pleasure seeing that you wrote such an extensive reply.

This place is like going fishing for carp and catching a trout.

19 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

As an example of their compliance, Riots and protests are allowed but only in the square in Seoul that is set aside for exactly that purpose. Groups need to book it in advance and it has water cannons and press areas arranged permanently around it. I shit you not. 

Do you need to book the water cannons or does that come included with every protest booking?

21 minutes ago, The Dark Knight said:

Do you realise that I was just playing with Bob, because I'm sure he posted it for a different reason.

But it was a pleasure seeing that you wrote such an extensive reply.

This place is like going fishing for carp and catching a trout

No idea why Meli posted. My reply was to you.

I note you avoided the content entirely.

Mate a lot of people bullshit after the event here too. Just saying.

2 minutes ago, The Dark Knight said:

Do you need to book the water cannons or does that come included with every protest booking?

On one trip I woke up (after another night of being dragged around those fucking Karaoke bars) and started watching the local news station. They were covering a full blown riot, fires burning, water cannons and hurling rocks at police in full riot gear. I rang my business partner in panic and he laughed and explained the whole thing to me and said it happens every weekend. He said it won't go on for too long as their time will soon be up and they have to set up for the next booking. It is a wonderful but very strange place.

2 hours ago, The Dark Knight said:

and your point is??????

Then I have to agree.  

No Taiwan has taken an approach straight out of the pre-Covid-19 playbook.

It has helped of course that Taiwan experienced SARS and so their population was "primed" for the current pandemic.

However per the playbook they haven't done mass testing instead focussed on testing people who display symptoms only.  Subsequently they have more resources to direct elsewhere to areas that produce a better result.  You could compare this to the UK where they have spent billions of pounds on testing which arguably has had little effect on case numbers.  Those billions and the human resources that were committed could have been directed to preparing for the annual NHS hospital crisis.

Also Taiwan has used technology in a way that doesn't rely on individual action.  For example if you self quarantine then you register an address and your phone is essentially used as an electronic ankle bracelet.  Venture outside of your zone and you will have police immediately on your tail.  Plus the punishment if caught is severe.

Another effective use of technology is they push out contact tracing messages.  They have contracts with telcos and Google that enables them to SMS anyone who has been within a certain range of identified cases.

52 minutes ago, Kate short for Bob said:

It has helped of course that Taiwan experienced SARS and so their population was "primed" for the current pandemic.

However per the playbook they haven't done mass testing instead focussed on testing people who display symptoms only.  Subsequently they have more resources to direct elsewhere to areas that produce a better result.  You could compare this to the UK where they have spent billions of pounds on testing which arguably has had little effect on case numbers.  Those billions and the human resources that were committed could have been directed to preparing for the annual NHS hospital crisis.

Also Taiwan has used technology in a way that doesn't rely on individual action.  For example if you self quarantine then you register an address and your phone is essentially used as an electronic ankle bracelet.  Venture outside of your zone and you will have police immediately on your tail.  Plus the punishment if caught is severe.

Another effective use of technology is they push out contact tracing messages.  They have contracts with telcos and Google that enables them to SMS anyone who has been within a certain range of identified cases.

Yes that's right testing creates infections. No testing no infections. There is one example like this that is true. Less fucking creates less fuckwits. Your father should have pulled out at least. Regardless of which one of that football team he was.

12 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

Yes that's right testing creates infections. No testing no infections.

It depends on what you define as a clinical infection.

If a PCR test can produce a positive for a virus based on a very small viral molecular presence e.g. one molecule as per the inventors advice then the question is at what viral load does it constitute an "infection"?

2 minutes ago, Kate short for Bob said:

If a PCR test can produce a positive for a virus based on a very small viral molecular presence e.g. one molecule as per the inventors advice then the question is at what viral load does it constitute an "infection"?

The question is why you spout such utter, unadulterated drivel?

Your question, above, is indeed a question, but the just because it is a question doesn't mean it deserves an answer. The very asking of the question is purely obfuscatory, per your usual modus operandi.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Kate short for Bob said:

Thank you Dr facebook. My next question is how to get dog jizz of my trouser leg?

MERRY CHRISTMAS SEADOG - The Town Tavern - SurfTalk

3 hours ago, LB 15 said:
4 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

You raised that figure (that I am not disputing) based on my similar assumption that Koreans are more compliant than us (they are). However that 1.5% of the 60 000 returnies demands further drilling down. Now in a country with a population of just under 52 Million, and with over 6 million of them living in the US, China, Japan and Canada alone, does it not seem odd that only 900 of the 60k who returned in Oct (in the middle of a global pandemic) were Koreans?

South Korea has many millions of people living abroad but does not normally allow duel citizens so most of that 60k were either Koreans by birth returning or were regular visitors who understand the culture of compliance that exists there. So my point that a more lax quarantine systems works there, (when it wouldn't work here were 'Karen' is such a popular name) remains valid.

"However that 1.5% of the 60,000 returnies demands further drilling down."

Mate very good point and remembering these two things about Sth Korea. More on that later

"BOTH state quarantine and self-quarantine, the latter only if Covid free after  2 - 3 test results"

Inserted into my original reply to you;

IMG_20210104_125549.thumb.jpg.8c26a7f34adcb3d9c8e8e63c5ce442f2.jpg

As you can see excludes 1,025 Koren nationals.

"does it not seem odd that only 900 of the 60k who returned in Oct (in the middle of a global pandemic) were Koreans?"

Again this chart showing in the original reply short term (less than one year away) entries into Australia plummeted after March April. I would assume Korean nationals little different, so got home early, BUT noting they closed border in January not March?

ALSO Korea didn't leave any in the field behind, so low numbers now.

2017133073_3.1Short-termresidentreturns.thumb.png.49db0a3d4957b4b368fcb7019a72811e.png

I checked Korean January stats to be sure.  9K nationals out 1.3 million total. February 8K nationals and total nearly halved to 685K By July at the same time Australia CAP came in only around 1K out 60K being what it is today.

"South Korea has many millions of people living abroad but does not normally allow duel citizens so most of that 60k were either Koreans by birth returning or were regular visitors who understand the culture of compliance that exists there."

These are the detailed stats for Oct. 

As you can see the gross numbers mirror the above chart. 1,024 nationals and 60,560 non-nationals. Those non-nationals number over 60 countries with Europe and other regions counted as one source.

We can see Korea kindly carve out foriegn crew who like Australia likewise are subject to quarantine. Of the 60,560 who are non nationals, just over half are non national crew. That DOESN'T change anything by way of a quarantine comparison with Australia.

IMG_20210113_133827.thumb.jpg.d6bbc49607b0fa511314fcfac5366c31.jpgIMG_20210113_134259.thumb.jpg.51c21b6d9a66928b03e0b1bdd59c1e77.jpg

No different than Australia Korea doesn't produce at least in recent timescale data, to drill down further unfortunately to your comments LB, so all we are left with is assumptions.

Here are my assumptions against your comments, assumptions good or bad.

"South Korea .... does not normally allow duel citizens...Koreans by birth returning..or were regular visitors who understand the culture of compliance that exists there." 

- So ex nationals resident overseas, with jobs and access to health and social services etc in country of residency, noting private health insurance outside country of residence is VOID during this pandemic. 

- Upon return treated no differently than non nationals in Korea with NO access to social services and NO access to special Covid schemes like JobKeeper type schemes.

Therefore would there be a lot of reason to go back to Korea with all that in mind??

"or were regular visitors who understand the culture of compliance that exists there."

First visitors in many countries like Australia need to secure an exemption to exit their country. How many are regular visitors who knows. However even if 100% you are working to an assumption that Sth Korea has in your words;

"So my point that a more lax quarantine systems works there, (when it wouldn't work here were 'Karen' is such a popular name) remains valid."

Sth Korea has a STRONGER but different quarantine system to Australia. 

At exit country departure including a visa being granted to non nationals requires a health certificate and positive PCR test in exit country.

Australia let's ANYONE infected or not in providing they have an exemption to enter as citizen, resident or foriegn national.

Korean Airport arrival scanned, rigourously tested (PCR with results) 1 or 2 times (up to 24 hour period. All personel PPE. All arrivals issued with twin strap 3M KF-95 mask.

Eqsgg_mUcAEVxNc.thumb.jpeg.475f55719eb48e31be9dcf56f2258f17.jpeg

Booths awaiting results of arrival test -  approx 6 Hours.

EqsdU8nUcAI-PJL.thumb.jpeg.9fed73e2da2a8dff1ba83e7ea21d5f5a.jpeg

Test result arrives on Phone App that is installed and phone number tested. App used to report during self quarantine and whilst in Sth Korea. 

Eqsf87lUwAETvU-.png.dd0dff5fa1fc59026f4542baeeacc65d.png

For second test (from high risk areas even if 1st test negative) prepare for a longer wait.

Pressure controlled airlock to room.

EqseAPDUYAERF0S.thumb.jpeg.24ab8fd4a51862af1e6c3c79362d6c87.jpeg

Room to await 2nd test incl bar fridge. Double bed couples.

EqseKO2VoAAHNW3.thumb.jpeg.49ff541432250405636af2a4bbc3aad6.jpeg

Food left in airlock

Eqsfu-xVgAMss9h.thumb.jpeg.76f7b6da92a45f031d2e1a1668bfe876.jpeg

Permission is granted to leave the airport/quarantine precinct only with Health Certificate. 

There is still a sea of PPE.

EqsbJoNU0AEFegG.thumb.jpeg.99966fba55919b3e035f6df046ed7f62.jpeg

Australia tests NO ONE at airport. No PPE worn by Fed and State personel. 

Sth Korea ONLY the quarantine those infected. ONLY those healthy are allowed to self quarantine are are still subject to monitoring and testing over the same 14 day period, but less rigourously than quarantine. 

Violators of rules are imediately deported if foriegn nationals, nationals treated local style.

The system in Korea is proven to work flawlessly.

Australia state run quarantine, quarantines everyone sick or healthy. Minimum ONE test upon quarantine exit. Some can't even get that one test protocol right. PPE not being worn by Q hotel personel. 

Australia Covid cases and deaths are over 90% DIRECTLY attributable to failure of their state run quarantine model. There were TWO states, TWO hotel quarantine failures LAST week BOTH involving the Brit strain.

Look what has happened Australia wide as a result of that in the last week, let alone Victorias' quarantine fuck up of the century.

The Government state and federal and Morrison in particular, as he commissioned one report, advised Australia's quarantine model was fucked over 3 months ago and predicted this would happen if not changed. Two state leaders are now even lying about it being changed in response to their fuckups last week.

Failure is happening every day, until Morrison puts a stop to it.....well until he comes back from holiday and presumably to do what??

Play another fucking jingle?

Sorry about length LB, unfortunately detail not brevity is all I could seriously provide.

5 hours ago, SCARECROW said:

While the majority in WA would be cool with that, the Westralians may raid Parliament House dressed as Barbarians demanding McGowan be put into power, claiming we are paying for the other states because we do not get back a fair share of the GST we earn as a State.

3 minutes ago, darth reapius said:

While the majority in WA would be cool with that, the Westralians may raid Parliament House dressed as Barbarians demanding McGowan be put into power, claiming we are paying for the other states because we do not get back a fair share of the GST we earn as a State.

Careful what you wish for.  The northern half of your state might decide that if the eastern coast can be split into 3 states WA could be at least 2.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SCARECROW said:

Careful what you wish for.  The northern half of your state might decide that if the eastern coast can be split into 3 states WA could be at least 2.  

Yeah, but no one actually lives in the North, they all live in the South where the weather is better and fly up for work. No matter how tough the five thousand people are, they aren't a match for the two million Southern pooftas.

It would be like the raid on area 51, they realise they are out numbered 400 to one and they'll take some funny pics and Naruto run back to Hedland.

Yes...trouble this is Covid with a higher IFR than any contemplated with a SARs.

However per the playbook they haven't done mass testing instead focussed on testing people who display symptoms only.  

You must have been away that day in early March when WHO said; rule book fucked....test-test-test. Look at what happened in the west to those who ignored that.

They WERE NOT primed as they didn't have the test capacity....they were not primed for a virus with a high IFR.

So their toolbox was an authoritarian regime to do anything they liked, if contact trace testing not on the table.

Therefore they are NOT a guide to the west, whereas more liberal Sth Korean approach  with high testing and high control and HALF Australia mortality rate is.

Sth Korea have only had "hot spot' lockdowns, most precinct size. Life went on their economy is good.

But you know that. Taiwan fits your no testing, lockdowns don't work bullshit.

Keep bullshitting bullshitter.

I'll give myself a downvote for that.

IMG_20210107_115350.jpg

2 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

Yes...trouble this is Covid with a higher IFR than any contemplated with a SARs.

Quote your source that says Covid has a higher IFR than SAR's.

5 minutes ago, Kate short for Bob said:
9 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

Yes...trouble this is Covid with a higher IFR than any THEY contemplated with a SARs.

FIXED and fuck off.

"It has helped of course that Taiwan experienced  SARS"

"THEY contemplated with a SARs"

CDC Severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) 2002–2004 SARS 774 global deaths

OR let's get serious.

June 2012 - CDC first global estimates of how many people died as a result of the 2009 H1N1 influenza pandemic. 

151,700 to 575,400 global deaths.

CONVID-19 to Date 2 Million global deaths.

IMG_20210107_115350.jpg.da356752e035082f9979d8546d4b70ea.jpg

6 hours ago, LB 15 said:

So my point that a more lax quarantine systems works there, ....

3 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

Sth Korea has a STRONGER but different quarantine system to Australia. 

Sth Korea ONLY quarantine those infected. ONLY those healthy are allowed to self quarantine are are still subject to monitoring and testing over the same 14 day period, but less rigourously than quarantine.

"Sth Korea has a STRONGER....Sth Korea ONLY quarantine those infected. ONLY those healthy are allowed to self quarantine."

LB this a QUOTE from Jennette on Saturday when was in bullshit overdrive trying to cover up Victoria and her joint mistake with the Melbourne Q Hotel fuckup by lying to say rules would now be changed, when it was a rule break. Rules have obviously NOT been changed in this regard.

A fuckup letting an international arrival who tested positive at day 1, let out at day 10, not 14, untested on exit and subsequently tested positive in Qld a second time, AFTER a eastern states tour.

She says;

"Now, we've got to remember, and this is very complicated — quarantine is when you don't have the disease. And we require people to be in quarantine for 14 days from when they have [potentially] been exposed." 

Her on UTube in case you don't believe that. FROM 1.15

Mate if she DOESN'T quarantine people who step off an international flight WITH the disease, then WHAT has she been doing with all those infected people who have landed in QLD since 28 March?? 

Is the list of missing persons in QLD risen since March?

Is she a keen gardener??

• Like 1

Today ABC - Is the UK strain really 70 per cent more transmissible?

ANSWER

YES more infectious more 'match fit' strain. Probably become a dominant strain still one of many.

NO and it shouldn't be expressed as a % like that. It should be referred to in scientific terms being its 'reproduction' or Ro rate and that R rate still isn't settled.

Dr Norman Swan Bio. - ABC interviewer

Dr Edward Holmes Bio - Virologist. Guest.

In short 70% is being 'weaponised' rightly or wrongly by politicians to justify any quick/hard Convid response decisions.

• Like 1

“Facts Are Contentious” Says Former Heroin Addict Michael McCormack

Michael-McCormack-satire-620x364.png

“Facts are contentious and what you think is right, somebody else might think is completely untrue,” the Deputy Prime Minister, who depending on your version of events may or may not have resorted to prostitution in the late 1990s in order to fund a heroin addiction, said today.

Mr McCormack, who some claim murdered a man during a robbery gone wrong, said the truth was up to the individual. “It’s not the government’s role to stop misinformation,” he said, refusing to comment on allegations of sexual assault in his office which could be true or totally made up.

The Nationals leader, who according to certain version of the facts is having an extra-marital affair with the husband of one of his junior staffers, said he didn’t believe in fact-checking.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Kate short for Bob said:

So Mikey, that's a bit rich asking someone to quote a source while you are using a sock?

01fabc1fb04e559d8970f72faed7b7dd.gif

10 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

OR let's get serious.

June 2012 - CDC first global estimates of how many people died as a result of the 2009 H1N1 influenza pandemic. 

Are you thick Jacko or just plain Wacko?

Taiwan experienced SARS which has a far greater CFR than Covid-19.  From that experience Taiwan further developed their pandemic management plan.  To dismiss that as you have is sheer lunacy.

However you are so thick that you don't even understand that it SUPPORTS your narrative.  As LB has pointed out you just what to bang on and on for what appears to be no other reason than being seen to be the sole resident global expert.

8 hours ago, astro said:

“Facts Are Contentious” Says Former Heroin Addict Michael McCormack

Michael-McCormack-satire-620x364.png

“Facts are contentious and what you think is right, somebody else might think is completely untrue,” the Deputy Prime Minister, who depending on your version of events may or may not have resorted to prostitution in the late 1990s in order to fund a heroin addiction, said today.

Mr McCormack, who some claim murdered a man during a robbery gone wrong, said the truth was up to the individual. “It’s not the government’s role to stop misinformation,” he said, refusing to comment on allegations of sexual assault in his office which could be true or totally made up.

The Nationals leader, who according to certain version of the facts is having an extra-marital affair with the husband of one of his junior staffers, said he didn’t believe in fact-checking.

Fuck! I just thought he was a cunt- I didn’t realise he didn’t like them. It isn’t up to Morrison to sack him- the nationals need to do that. His sexuality isn’t a sacking offence and any of these other accusations are no different in substance to those made against Bill the rapist. However he, George Christensen and Tim Payne should all be removed for their comments in recent days. Payne maybe cut some slack because he doesn’t suck dick or make racist comments while having yellow fever but he should be held to account for his appalling sledging. ‘I have more friends than you’. ‘No one likes you’ WTF? The truly great sledges of the game- Dougy Walters, Skull O’keaf and Merv Hughes would be horrified at the childish of his attempts.

Whether any of that shit about McCormack is true or not the Nationals do seem to prefer leaders that can’t keep their dick in their pants. His comments the other day were completely filterless and so out of touch that he should go. That fat cunt Christensen should never have been preselected in the first place. 

But you can’t blame Scomo for the sins of the National party and he has no control of the QLD LNP who are fucking hopeless. Look no further than the election loss’s to Accidentally Anna- the most incompetent leader the state has ever had.

10 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

"Sth Korea has a STRONGER....Sth Korea ONLY quarantine those infected. ONLY those healthy are allowed to self quarantine."

LB this a QUOTE from Jennette on Saturday when was in bullshit overdrive trying to cover up Victoria and her joint mistake with the Melbourne Q Hotel fuckup by lying to say rules would now be changed, when it was a rule break. Rules have obviously NOT been changed in this regard.

A fuckup letting an international arrival who tested positive at day 1, let out at day 10, not 14, untested on exit and subsequently tested positive in Qld a second time, AFTER a eastern states tour.

She says;

"Now, we've got to remember, and this is very complicated — quarantine is when you don't have the disease. And we require people to be in quarantine for 14 days from when they have [potentially] been exposed." 

Her on UTube in case you don't believe that. FROM 1.15

Mate if she DOESN'T quarantine people who step off an international flight WITH the disease, then WHAT has she been doing with all those infected people who have landed in QLD since 28 March?? 

Is the list of missing persons in QLD risen since March?

Is she a keen gardener??

Hey you won’t find me defending the demonic grandmother any time soon. In regards to South Korea my compliance argument still holds true. The breakdown of the figures don’t dismiss my theory that most are foreign passport holding Koreans or their children. I don’t think the lack of social security is that big an issue. Many would have lost their jobs overseas and it is better to be unemployed in your homeland than somewhere else. Anyway it is the provinces not the federal government that have all the money in Korea. I agree that we should adopt their entry requirements. The Karen’s would all scream blue murder if we brought that in here and it would hopefully scare them into not coming home. 

Jannette is a useless cunt who is only concerned with her own legacy. As I have said I don’t have an issue with how QLD have handled things up to now but since she cried wolf last weekend she has undermined trust and respect and next time she does it she will find a lot less compliance. Not a good look with the pandemic now in its most dangerous phase.

55 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

That fat cunt Christensen should never have been preselected in the first place. 

The McCormack article was satire, from The Shovel.  As is this one.

“People Should Be Able To Say Whatever They Want, Unless It’s About Me In Filipino Strip Clubs”, George Christensen Says

George-Christensen-Trump--620x349.jpg

Queensland MP and Trump fanatic George Christensen has slammed Twitter’s ban on the US President, saying people should be able to say whatever they want on social media, unless it’s about the 28 times he allegedly travelled to Manila to visit titty bars, in which case he would pursue legal action.

The member for Dawson, who threatened to sue anyone who claimed he went to Ponytails nightclub to perve on naked women rather than fulfilling his role as a member of parliament, said freedom of speech was paramount to our democracy.

“If Trump wants to incite violence online then we should have the right to hear it. But if you want to publish articles about how I spend my time in a taxpayer funded role, you can expect to hear from my lawyer,” he said.  

Mr Christensen said it was a threat to democracy when a president was unable to tweet about overthrowing a democracy.

2 minutes ago, astro said:

The McCormack article was satire

Yes I got that and is reflected in my reply which was mostly satire. I really don’t think Tim Payne should be sacked. 

2 hours ago, LB 15 said:

The breakdown of the figures don’t dismiss my theory that most are foreign passport holding Koreans or their children. 

You are right there has to be but how many??? Who knows.

One thing we both forget is foriegn expat  business residents, huge number in Korea and which fit your compliant people. There is around same gross number of people leaving and arriving every month so that suggests a lot of short term leave and returnee by resident non national business people. They are lockdown free so business has not stopped.

Same business thing is happening in Australia and Govt is sitting on how many are self quarantining.

2 hours ago, LB 15 said:

As I have said I don’t have an issue with how QLD have handled things up to now but since she cried wolf last weekend she has undermined trust and respect and next time she does it she will find a lot less compliance. Not a good look with the pandemic now in its most dangerous phase.

Yep if trust and respect gone that's the end. There is definitely an editorial ban on some Convid stories and maybe for that reason. Last Saturday's bullshitting about Victoria compliance in letting woman out untested at 10 days will come out eventually.

3 hours ago, LB 15 said:

I agree that we should adopt their entry requirements. The Karen’s would all scream blue murder if we brought that in here ...

LB yep you are on the money.

Korea's model of exit country screening and ONLY quarantining those infected is in a report Morrison commissioned AND also in Vic Q Hotel Inquiry findings. He has been briefed 3 times that existing model is fucked.

Yet Morrison VALUES keeping 'Karen noise' LOW and 'political popularity' HIGH over that of the science and those recommendations.

So he ignores recomendations and keeps a quarantine BOTH infected and healthy model that was appropriate for rush of last March. However now PROVEN as a busted model, that busted yet again twice last week. A model straight from the 1919 Spanish flu when testing DIDN'T exist. 

A 100 year old model incorporating quarantine stations that made Aust the envy of the world 100 years ago, just like today.

That is until it finally busted by one escape from a Melbourne port ship to NSW and NSW wasn't advised. That turned 'envy of the world' into 15K Aust deaths or 75K equivalent today.

Back then the Commonwealth in control had to carry the can. If the Morrison model today goes to shit who does Morrison blame...the state responsible of course.

This is just so fucked.

From New.com today-

"The debacle surrounding a cluster of the “mutant” UK virus strain at a Brisbane hotel has spread interstate, with certain residents in Victoria and NSW ordered to test and isolate immediately."

The virus has not spread interstate, just the panic. The 6 cases in the 'Cluster' (Grannie Chicken little's word for 6 people in Iso) are easily explained. Two (related) people came back from the UK with it. Two from Lebanon (related) almost certainly either came home with it or got it on the plane and the cleaner and her partner most probably caught it due to poor PPE use. As one senior epidemiologist said that there is zero chance that it spread via the AC as there is no way just 2 people would have caught it.

Nothing to see here except those two fuckwits Anna and 'not so Younger' are scrambling to find justification for their panic driven screaming of Wolf last weekend. They are becoming Trump like in their lies and attempts to misinform.

We now have to halve our student numbers and cease overnight activity despite there being zero infections at large. 

I can see now why people change their name to Karen.

Anna & McGowan are fucking idiots with no grasp of the real world. 

Dan has an understanding of the real world but unfortunately he denies that it exists and can't remember anyone telling him about it. 

5 hours ago, Kate short for Bob said:
16 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

OR let's get serious.

Are you thick Jacko or just plain Wacko?

I have got up early and feel like messing with your train of thought that is in the caboose.

Ignore me, let's start where you started about SARS in your reply to Hoppy. 

20 hours ago, Kate short for Bob said:
23 hours ago, The Dark Knight said:

and your point is??????

Then I have to agree.  

However per the playbook they haven't done mass testing instead focussed on testing people who display symptoms only. 

- So an authoritarian regieme where civil liberties DON'T constrain their pandemic playbook.

- So used pre Covid playbook that DOESN'T include testing.

- So prepared for a SARS that in 2003 killed 774 people globally.

- So NOT 'testing prepared' for anything MORE than say the 2009 H1N1 influenza pandemic that killed 151,700 to 575,400 globally.

- So NOT CONVENTIONALLY prepared for Covid that has killed 2 million to date.

- So prepared just like Nth Korea but use hospitals not a firing squad to deal with those infected.

This post below I call your 'fall off the caboose' moment.

So they prepared conventionally using a SARS epidemic that killed 774 people globally as their preperation benchmark, NOT one killing 2 million to-date.

That we AGREE on. 

5 hours ago, Kate short for Bob said:

Taiwan experienced SARS....From that experience Taiwan further developed their pandemic management plan. To dismiss that as you have is sheer lunacy.

However you are so thick that you don't even understand that it SUPPORTS your narrative.

They HAVE unconventional means to solve that NOT having the conventional contact/trace/testing means, which you TOTALLY ignore.

Why?? You don't support lockdowns or testing.

Do you run tours to authoritarian regimes with good Covid stats?

Can you book me in for Belarus, they have only had 1,500 deaths and return via Nth Korea, yet to have a case, so I could quarantine there instead of home.

1 hour ago, LB 15 said:

Nothing to see here except those two fuckwits Anna and 'not so Younger' are scrambling to find justification for their panic driven screaming of Wolf last weekend. They are becoming Trump like in their lies and attempts to misinform.

They have even imported a member of Trump's Covid advisory taskforce to spread some Brit strain about to justify the cry wolf. 

1085299804_images-2021-01-13T174151_302.jpeg.fb22b34df1203654f965b2dfb41e1aa6.jpeg

LB more seriously the 3 day lockdown with Morrison supporting it by tearing up the Feds definition of 'hot spot'???

Has to be even money it was to divert attention from 2 states and 2 Q Hotel failures BOTH revealed in 24 hours and forced to mega lie about, to CONCEAL the 2 protocol fails.

Very simply a Dead Cat. ...Aust invented and experts at it.

"The dead cat strategy, or deadcatting, is the introduction of a dramatic, shocking, or sensationalist topic to divert discourse away from a more damaging topic.....it is particularly associated with Australian political strategist Lynton Crosby."

If not even money and only science, then the lockdown science just happens to be ALSO a fucking brilliant 'deadcatting' strategy. Sure they ignored that though. Ha ha.

1049729529_unnamed(22).gif.0ef3825d1a0e513efe3d860f5ccb724f.gif

Slightly off topic but there will be one more dead cat in this world if that cunt of a furball of my son's brings one more rat into the house at 2 am. It disturbs my posting on here. :)  

But back on topic - If you live in Brisbane you can not currently travel to NSW. Not because of the NSW government (they welcome us with open arms) but because if you do (even for a surf at Kingscliff) you will have to get tested and isolate because you have been in a hotspot. The hot spot being greater Brisbane.

YCMTSU.

56 minutes ago, The Dark Knight said:

And both rely on natural resources and Fed handouts so are trying 'eliminate: the virus bullshit for domestic political gain and fuck the rest of Australia. 

56 minutes ago, The Dark Knight said:

Dan has an understanding of the real world but unfortunately he denies that it exists and can't remember anyone telling him about it. 

Andrews is a lying cunt. Less than 50% of the Victorian population and majority outside Victoria know he is a lying cunt. 

He is drinking the same PowerAid as the other two, but with little resources income, has to be more measured.

His lockdown response matched having no contact/trace capacity, hard as it was, it was well communicated and it did rebuild trust. 

I think Anna P finally demonstrated this morning she has no idea.

In announcing she will be recommending remote mining camps be used to house returnees instead of hotels like the NT has done with remote Howard Springs .

WHAT! Howard Springs is a whole 28k out of Darwin and was established as a workers village for 3000 people on LNG projects due to lack of housing in Darwin , hardly a remote mining camp . 

5 minutes ago, BBender said:

In announcing she will be recommending remote mining camps be used to house returnees instead of hotels like the NT has done with remote Howard Springs .

WHAT! Howard Springs is a whole 28k out of Darwin and was established as a workers village for 3000 people on LNG projects due to lack of housing in Darwin , hardly a remote mining camp . 

It depends on where your vantage point is.... I got my binoculars out and I couldn't see Darwin, let alone 28k up is back passage.... so its pretty remote to me

30 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

But back on topic - If you live in Brisbane you can not currently travel to NSW. Not because of the NSW government (they welcome us with open arms) but because if you do (even for a surf at Kingscliff) you will have to get tested and isolate because you have been in a hotspot. The hot spot being greater Brisbane.

YCMTSU.

So if you live in the same hotspot suburb as someone who has the clap, you can go shopping at Bunnings in the adjoining non hotspot suburb, however you won't be allowed back home until you are tested then stay at home for 14 days, all to see if you caught the clap driving though your own suburb on the way out.

The adjoining suburb doesn't give a fuck because they worked out you only get the clap in a car if you fuck someone with the clap in a car. Meanwhile in the hot spot suburb they all crowd into their suburban Bunnings to increase the probability they will get the clap from banging someone they meet there who has the clap in the garden section.

I can see the logic. 

No new infections in QLD, NSW or VIC today.

WOLF!

Crying Wolf GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

So if you live in the same hotspot suburb as someone who has the clap, you can go shopping at Bunnings in the adjoining non hotspot suburb, however you won't see allowed back home until you are tested then stay at home for 14 days to see if you caught the clap driving though your own suburb on the way out.

The adjoining suburb doesn't give a fuck because they worked out you only get the clap in a car if you fuck someone with the clap in a car. Meanwhile in the hot spot suburb they all crowd into their suburban Bunnings to increase the probability they will get the clap from banging someone they meet there.

I can see the logic. 

Yep. On the boarder pass application one of the questions it asks is 'Have you visited a hot spot in the last 14 days'. As soon as you tick yes your screen goes blank and your details are sent to Jannette's office where they begin surveillance of you, your family, your pets and any rats that have been in contact with the family cat.

I wouldnt turn my back on him if I was a stupid bitch. I think he is standing on a milk crate for this photo.

No Qld hospitals crisis: health minister | The Wimmera Mail-Times |  Horsham, VIC

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BBender said:

So she now wants to close mining camps down (that produce the majority of QLD and Australia's export income) to turn them into quarantine camps in electorates that DON'T vote for her.

Well done the 39% first preference voters who voted this proven fuckwit back in to fuck yourselves and Australia.

I will chew on a lamb chop thinking of you fools on the 26th.

36 minutes ago, BBender said:

NT also use hotels. 

So I wonder where she got that brilliant idea that state controlled hotel quarantine isn't working???

Two Foreign military arrivals test positive to COVID-19 in Darwin hotel quarantine 

"The department said 19 people — all known close contacts of the two individuals — would be taken to the Howard Springs quarantine facility as a precaution."

Calling Lee Harvey Oswald to the white phone.

54 minutes ago, BBender said:

Lot more beds than 3,000 and each bed with ensuite. Scaled down in quarantine capacity to make more quarantine' fit for purpose I presume. 

I have been there, built by the Japs, facilities 5 star resort or better, adjoining Darwins outer suburbs. It is as different to a traditional mining camp as you could possibly get. 

2 hours ago, LB 15 said:

The virus has not spread interstate, just the panic. The 6 cases in the 'Cluster' (Grannie Chicken little's word for 6 people in Iso) are easily explained. 

Don't forget that "cluster of 6", all from the SAME Brisbane Q Hotel and SAME floor as the infected hotel cleaner. Call it a "hallway cluster". They have been moved to another hotel, presumably with a longer hallway to see if 6 cases can be exceeded.

So inside Queensland Q Hotels are super spreader sites and Queensland is now producing its own cases.

Should call them "Hotel Covid Factories" for healthy international arrivals where stats show 99% arrivals are healthy.

I recall this 'state controlled' Hotel Covid Factory thing happening before in Australia, but can't quite place it.

Mmmmmmm... I'm sure it will come to me.

12 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

Don't forget that "cluster of 6", all from the SAME Brisbane Q Hotel and SAME floor as the infected hotel cleaner. Call it a "hallway cluster". They have been moved to another hotel, presumably with a longer hallway to see if 6 cases can be exceeded.

So inside Queensland Q Hotels are super spreader sites and Queensland is now producing its own cases.

Should call them "Hotel Covid Factories" for healthy international arrivals where stats show 99% arrivals are healthy.

I recall this 'state controlled' Hotel Covid Factory thing happening before in Australia, but can't quite place it.

Mmmmmmm... I'm sure it will come to me.

Welcome back: Victorian Premier Daniel Andrews says up to 50 per cent of CBD workers can return to their offices from Monday.

^^^^ That's it.....thanks mate..the one state, state controlled Q hotel responsible for 90% of Australia's cases and deaths. I must have dementia.

Now it's coming to me....there was an Inquiry whose findings stated Australia's Q Hotel model wasn't fit for purpose and had to be changed. 

I should ring a doctor....does anyone know wee Dr Jeanette's phone number?? I understand her expertise is mind numbing shit.

2 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:
3 hours ago, BBender said:

NT also use hotels. 

So I wonder where she got that brilliant idea that state controlled hotel quarantine isn't working???

Two Foreign military arrivals test positive to COVID-19 in Darwin hotel quarantine 

In person.....it's like watching a small child mouth it's first words.

Queensland considers mining camps for quarantining travellers with four new cases recorded.

No mention on how the UK variant spread to six people as investigation underway. As all linked to the SAME floor of her SAME Q hotel I can see how that investigation is so complex and to avoid speculation. 

So this was known with initial reveal last Thursday on hotel cleaner, then reveal on Monday about cleaners husband.

Today's reveal on something presumably just starting as never mentioned before.

"More than 220 staff at the hotel are being tested and isolated along with 147 former guests."

(This over and above, 406 contacts of the cleaner and her partner contacted, tested and isolated.)

But gets better.

"All guests at the Hotel Grand Chancellor have now been moved to The Westin, also in Brisbane's CBD."

So anyone in quarantine even if finishing today has to do another 14 days? YES.

In fact a quote from one such person.

"They've known about this strain of the virus in the hotel for a week and then at the last minute, just before people were due to leave, they pulled the pin.

"I think it's a knee-jerk reaction because they can't understand what's going on."

This incompetence gets more nuts every day she appears.

I wonder on what COVID spreading form of transport they're going to move their guests to these remote mining camps. It's a big difference to a 28K bus trip.

13 minutes ago, Rambler said:

I wonder on what COVID spreading form of transport they're going to move their guests to these remote mining camps. It's a big difference to a 28K bus trip.

It's Anna "Quarantine Queensland" style....what ever it is the 1% incoming overseas infected should make that 100% infected before even getting there.

OLLEYS-C501.jpg

You'd be pissed off if you managed to get into Australia healthy and Covid free, were forced to quarantine for 2 weeks, only to catch corona in the quarantine hotel near the end of your 2 weeks and have to do 2 more... 

29 minutes ago, Weyalan said:

...only to catch corona in the quarantine hotel near the end of your 2 weeks and have to do 2 more... 

Don't have to catch it. ALL existing quarantine guests healthy or not get 2 weeks added.

So the healthy guy quoted above on last day today ..4 weeks locked up by the glove puppet.

I would be ringing a lawyer....there is NO state regulation or QLD  Public Health Direction at the moment she can use to do that. This Direction 21 December - Quarantine for International Arrivals Direction (No. 2) hasn't been superceded or amended YET.

Last Saturday she said bullshitting, it is in accord with the rules to let someone infected out after 10 days.

Today a healthy person can be quarantined for 28 days according to her and Anna rules.

Queensland is an asylum.

36 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

It's Anna "Quarantine Queensland" style....what ever it is the 1% incoming overseas infected should make that 100% infected before even getting there.

OLLEYS-C501.jpg

Oh well, at least the air would be fresh and plentiful. None of this nasty recirculated stuff.

5 hours ago, The Dark Knight said:

You are a fucking idiot with no grasp of the real world.

Literally the 2 states who have done the best of all the Australian States and you call their leaders idiots. JFC you are an embarrassment. 

1 hour ago, Weyalan said:

You'd be pissed off if you managed to get into Australia healthy and Covid free, were forced to quarantine for 2 weeks, only to catch corona in the quarantine hotel near the end of your 2 weeks and have to do 2 more... 

I wonder if they have to pay for the 2nd two weeks?

16 minutes ago, Kate short for Bob said:

Is there a published testing protocol for the test used?

Is the protocol the same for each State?

Is there a published testing protocol for the test used? Is the protocol the same for each State?"

History with you is ...you come up with a question on a pet subject, knowing the answer .....is to then shitpost anyone with the wrong answer using cites from those outliers on the scientific fringe. This will be from those about testing.

However to help you out.

To deal with the virus if the states and territories are individually empowered under their own health legislation, not under the Commonwealth's Biosecurity Act 2015, then you have potentially 8 answers. 

I and am sure no-one here could be fucked searching that. 

Balls back in your court bullshitter..

19 minutes ago, darth reapius said:

You are a fucking idiot with no grasp of the real world.

Literally the 2 states who have done the best of all the Australian States and you call their leaders idiots. JFC you are an embarrassment. 

How's your yoga practice going? Have you perfected your McGowan move?

1200px-Autofel.svg.png

3 hours ago, Weyalan said:

...only to catch corona in the quarantine hotel near the end of your 2 weeks and have to do 2 more... 

Don't have to catch it. ALL existing quarantine guests healthy or not get 2 weeks added.

So the healthy guy quoted above on last day today ..4 weeks locked up by the glove puppet.

2 hours ago, The Dark Knight said:

I wonder if they I wonder if they have to pay for the 2nd two weeks ?

"I wonder if they I wonder if they have to pay for the 2nd two weeks?"

Hoppy the answer to your question lies with the answer to this question to a aboriginal person of good intellect.

Q. Invasion Day the 26th coming up. Did invaders bring you anything you value today? 

A. Yes only two things, British law and tea. 

So Hoppy the answer to your question lies here within the law, not the tea, and it generally applies in each state and territory, not just Qld.

I would be ringing a lawyer....there is NO state regulation or QLD  Public Health Direction at the moment she can use to do that. This Direction 21 December - Quarantine for International Arrivals Direction (No. 2) hasn't been superceded or amended YET.

Last Saturday she said bullshitting, it is in accord with the rules to let someone infected out after 10 days.

Today a healthy person can be quarantined for 28 days according to her and Anna rules.

Queensland is an asylum.

As background.

- User pays quarantine debt is accepted prior to entering quarantine but debt not due in exact amount until you are furnished with an invoice. Usually a couple of weeks after you exit. You are entitled to apply to have that waived in part or full on certain grounds. I have done this successfully a number of times.

- The only people who can be detained after 14 days is those who refuse a test mandated by a Health Direction, test positive or still show signs of obvious infection. Then 10 days, NOT 14 days additional quarantine applies. This is still user pays.

- ONLY a police officer can detain or instruct  you to do something against your will. They must cite the particular statute incl a Public Health Direction they are relying upon. 

Another question

What would I do if my 14 days are up and I'm healthy?

- Quickly look at QLD CHO Public Health Directions HERE and see if they now accommodate my having to accept a direction to quarantine beyond the prescribed 14 days. 

- If no amendment or supplementary Direction in force, pack my bags and walk out wearing a mask in accordance with recent Health Direction.

- If challenged by a security guard or member of the ADF simply tell them to bugger off and get a policeman. Police Officer demand they cite what public health statute they are relying upon to take me back inside. This may take a couple of goes, starting with you requesting to speak to their superior officer. 

- Then jump in a cab masked up to avoid being nicked, join family and friends for that long awaited get together since last on Australian soil or whatever.

So no one healthy should be staying more than 14 days and not paying a cent extra. It wasn't that good.

Certainly not in place where you arrived healthy and the Australian Govt packed you in with the 1% carrying a highly contagious virus, not counting staff. That is at least one for every 100 quarantined. That hotel took it to four on the same floor, floor #7 straight away.

And certainly not in accommodation under a quarantine model declared 'not fit for purpose' as stated in the Commonwealths own report.

I guarantee not one person does or is allowed to do the above. I doubt any will pay anything for their quarantine experience original or added to.

3 hours ago, Rambler said:
4 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

OLLEYS-C501.jpg

Oh well, at least the air would be fresh and plentiful. None of this nasty recirculated stuff.

YCMTSU

The penny has finally fucking dropped after 9 months....ScoMo has set the 8 of us all up for when State/Territory border control/quarantine goes to shit and then our PowerAid addiction turns to piss.

17.47 EST - Hotel quarantine was “of national concern, not just to Queensland, but everywhere else” Palaszczuk said

"How did it get transmitted? Was it in the air conditioning? Was it movement? Was it picking up something? We just don’t know those answers yet. The investigation will go through that and we don’t know enough about this particular strain of the virus either, so we are dealing with something that is incredibly complex."

Meanwhile the risk intensifies.

02.06 EST  A racing pigeon that survived a 13,000km Pacific Ocean crossing from the United States to Australia now faces being euthanised as a quarantine risk.

14.28 EST Covid-positive tennis player allowed to board Australian Open charter flight from the United States.

Will the pigeon owner/guardian demand quarantine?

Does the tennis player know he now runs the risk of being euthanised as a quarantine risk??

Meanwhile 'Morrison from Virology Marketing' is on holidays and leader of a party of nut jobs is running the country.

Edited by jack_sparrow
Added

3 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

Meanwhile the risk intensifies.

02.06 EST  A racing pigeon that survived a 13,000km Pacific Ocean crossing from the United States to Australia now faces being euthanised as a quarantine risk.

I saw the news article last night about the bird and my first thought that quarantine will go after it. 

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2021/jan/14/racing-pigeon-that-survived-13000km-journey-from-us-to-australia-now-faces-euthanasia

Queensland is an asylum.

From your link:

Notes:

Under sections 362G and 362H of the Public Health Act 2005, an emergency officer (public health) can give a direction to a person to stay at or in a particular place for up to 14 days if the emergency officer believes the direction is reasonably necessary to assist in containing, or to respond to, the spread of COVID-19 in the community.

There does not seem to be any limit on the number of 14 day periods that can be directed. Maybe go look at the relevant Act, it seems to give an emergency officer the  power to order anyone into quarantine for 14 days, with no limit on the number of periods that might be directed.

This bit might support your case:

(4)To the extent of any inconsistency between a public health direction given by the chief health officer and a direction given by an emergency officer under this division, the public health direction prevails. 

But the direction for the extra 14 days is from the chief health officer, so go figure…

Gladys is talking sending OS arrivals to mining camps .

That might upset a few precious petals . Some may choose to stay OS.

They look a damn sight more comfy that the Migrant Hostel I spent 6 weeks in. 6 people in two small rooms. no facilities, no air con. in Fremantle, in December. and they were the posh ones.

International travellers may be sent to quarantine in Queensland's regional mining camps after hotel quarantine COVID-19 cluster

International travellers may be sent to quarantine in Queensland's regional mining camps after hotel quarantine COVID-19 cluster

37 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

They look a damn sight more comfy that the Migrant Hostel I spent 6 weeks in. 6 people in two small rooms. no facilities, no air con. in Fremantle, in December. and they were the posh ones.

Its Anna not Gladys and it will not happen . Its a desperate attempt to cover up the fuck ups by Qld. Health . Shit may hit the fan now Courier Mail has just released exclusive that an overseas arrival in that hotel subsequently testing positive to the UK one was allowed to leave the hotel with sick dad to the Royal Brisbane Hospital and return by rideshare or whatever unattended. 
How long have they been sitting on that? Learned nothing from Melbourne , fucking hopeless. 

1 hour ago, RobG said:

From your link:

Notes:

Under sections 362G and 362H of the Public Health Act 2005, an emergency officer (public health) can give a direction to a person to stay at or in a particular place for up to 14 days if the emergency officer believes the direction is reasonably necessary to assist in containing, or to respond to, the spread of COVID-19 in the community.

There does not seem to be any limit on the number of 14 day periods that can be directed. Maybe go look at the relevant Act, it seems to give an emergency officer the  power to order anyone into quarantine for 14 days, with no limit on the number of periods that might be directed.

This bit might support your case:

(4)To the extent of any inconsistency between a public health direction given by the chief health officer and a direction given by an emergency officer under this division, the public health direction prevails. 

But the direction for the extra 14 days is from the chief health officer, so go figure…

"There does not seem to be any limit on the   number  of 14 day periods that can be directed"

Good point, HOWEVER.

That is because 14 day periods DON'T roll over. Rollover is also 'seperate' provision. 

The 'rollover' is a 10 Day period and in all the material I furnished you with upthread. It is also included in YOUR own CDNA cite and from which Commonwealth Health set the National Covid Guidelines which are endorsed by the Australian Health Protection Principal Committee or AHPPC that States comply with or are supposed to, using their own regulations and published Public  Health Directions etc.

'Roll over' is also defined as 10 days with conditions in the Direction or 'contract' each person receives upon quarantine. To vary it unilaterally without regulatory support would breech that contract and collide with the Public Health Direction #2 for International Quarantine that is given precedent.

Again I provided you with a copy of that up thread.

They will still do it by either disregard for the above using a CHO via delegate notice that holds no water, issue a fresh CHO Public Health Direction or do a deal with individuals ie. waive all user pays fee for original and extension or a combination of these.

These people won't be getting out. The fuck up has been made, now gaslight it.

2 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

I guarantee not one person does or is allowed to do the above. I doubt any will pay anything for their quarantine experience original or added to.

6 minutes ago, BBender said:

Its Anna not Gladys and it will not happen . Its a desperate attempt to cover up the fuck ups by Qld. Health . Shit may hit the fan now Courier Mail has just released exclusive that an overseas arrival in that hotel subsequently testing positive to the UK one was allowed to leave the hotel unattended to visit sick dad in the Royal Brisbane Hospital and return by rideshare or whatever unattended. 
How long have they been sitting on that? Learned nothing from Melbourne , fucking hopeless. 

Prolly a good idea then.