29 minutes ago, MRS OCTOPUS said:

Thats interesting.

Source please.

Another death in Australia overnight sadly.

Total now 51.

In 70-79 bracket.

When do all the young (healthy ) Australians start showing up on the list?

Just ask'n.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-03-17/coronavirus-cases-data-reveals-how-covid-19-spreads-in-australia/12060704

0 - 59 year olds now the most contaminated group  in AUS.

59- 100 year olds most cactus group in AUS.

Just say'n

1 hour ago, Left Shift said:

Stop quoting trolls.

22 minutes ago, mad said:

No direct source, just the steady name calling multiple times a day as they announce another medical staff member has died.....

Approaching 70 medical staff dead in Italy, but they must have been all over 90 yo.

How many people over 40 don't have some form of underlying medical issue, ever if it hasn't been diagnosed or isn't currently an issue?

eg my wife and I (both under 45) present as reasonably typical healthy Aussies.

I have a childhood history of Asthma
I've been hospitalized twice with Pneumonia
I have a reduced immune system due to treatment for MS (no visible symptoms)

my wife has Factor V Leidon heterozygous. which means she is genetically predisposed to blood clots.

There is no reason any of the above should stop us living another 30 years.  But if/when either of us get Covid-19 there is a good chance it will be a major case.

1 hour ago, jack_sparrow said:

Approaching 70 medical staff dead in Italy, but they must have been all over 90 yo.

Really?

36 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

No...you keep talking with your mouth full. 

Baldrick.jpg

Stop quoting trolls, please

9 minutes ago, Left Shift said:

Bit hard to tell him I'm not replying without quoting him isn't it? Anyway scroll past or use ignore button for purpose intended and stop your "stop quoting" trolling.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MRS OCTOPUS said:

Tell me more.

image.png.f97dc16363d9412844b4e3cba1a64548.png

37 minutes ago, Left Shift said:

• Like 1

On 4/8/2020 at 6:14 AM, RobG said:

Many of Australia's cases were retirees on cruise ships, so they've really copped it disproportionately. Without the ships, the number of cases would have been very much lower.

In future I think people on ships should be disembarked as soon as possible and quarantined in small groups on land. Locking them up on the ship just ensures that when they do eventually come ashore, many more are infected and we have to treat 100 cases instead of 5.

At least six thousand passengers remain at sea on cruise liners around the world despite the coronavirus pandemic, Guardian analysis has found, amid growing scrutiny of the cruise industry’s reaction to the spread of Covid-19.

Dozens of fatalities have now been linked to cruise ships, with both passengers and crew dying while at sea and after disembarking. Yet, according to analysis using the ship-tracking site CruiseMapper, at least eight ships remain at sea with passengers – including one vessel on which 128 people tested positive for coronavirus.

“Outbreaks of Covid-19 on cruise ships pose a risk for rapid spread of disease beyond the voyage,” the US Centers for Disease Control (CDC) warned in guidance prohibiting those disembarking from cruise ships from taking regular commercial flights. It listed 28 cruises that have suffered Covid-19 outbreaks and used US ports.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2020/apr/09/revealed-6000-passengers-on-cruise-ships-at-sea-despite-coronavirus-crisis

12 hours ago, mad said:

No direct source, just the steady name calling multiple times a day as they announce another medical staff member has died.....

Mad apparently around 20 now but as you know NHS have tight lips rule in place. Here are some ages.

None with underlying health conditions. 

Hopefuly some might now bin the thought that fatalities only occur in over-70s or those with health pre-conditions.

9 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

None with underlying health conditions. 

I take my hat off to you Jacko.  Your ability to access peoples health records is legendary.

Meanwhile......

Todays update.

Toll is now sadly 51 in Australia.

age            total

50-59        1

60-69        5

70-79        18

80-89        16

over90       7

unknown   4

see.......https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-03-17/coronavirus-cases-data-reveals-how-covid-19-spreads-in-australia/12060704

16 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

Things like this must really piss you off 8 Cunts

That's so cool.

14 minutes ago, shaggybaxter said:

That's so cool.

Shaggy some pricks don't think it so cool. It fucks with their narrative that valuable ICU beds should be reserved for those not at risk and those that are... bundled off and put in a box somewhere because they are on the way out anyway.... like young Bill here. 

Some of these cunts even keep a running score to try and prove their point.

16 minutes ago, RobG said:

It's now officially a conspiracy theory: Fauci dismisses 'conspiracy theory' of overstated US Covid-19 death toll, so it must be true.

Yeah same media figures sympathetic to Trump who said the US was "blindsided" by this only a "bad flu" are now going after the official death toll. Some claiming it includes all deaths not just those with pre-conditions. Reality is it is understated as stats are slow to catch up with those that die outside hospital.

Same media figures who backed Trump saying the official death toll of 3,000 people in Puerto Rico in the wake of 2017’s Hurricane Maria was all made up.

If Murdoch went into ICU, Fox would be saying he is there to get a haircut somewhere safe.

4 hours ago, MRS OCTOPUS said:

Toll is now sadly 51 in Australia.

That's the same as in my town.    It's not even a big city.

• Like 1

nsw kf.jpg

On 4/9/2020 at 2:32 AM, jack_sparrow said:

26 Medical staff dead. More than 19000 infected in Spain. Which is 15% of all confirmed cases. 
https://www.google.es/amp/s/cadenaser.com/ser/2020/04/08/sociedad/1586325379_363621.amp.html

5 guardia civil

1 policía nacional. 23 years old. 

very tragic

14 hours ago, Mohammed Bin Lyin said:

nsw kf.jpg

Looks like Oz and NZ might be the first to be looking at the real mortality rate in a modern, well-prepared nation with excess capacity thanks to aggressive distancing, and it looks like it is indeed around 10 times more fatal than typical flu.  Sounds like most of the real scientists have been pretty close.

Just now, TDTW said:

26 Medical staff dead. More than 19000 infected in Spain. Which is 15% of all confirmed cases. 
https://www.google.es/amp/s/cadenaser.com/ser/2020/04/08/sociedad/1586325379_363621.amp.html

5 guardia civil

1 policía nacional. 23 years old. 

very tragic

Very tragic , but still a pretty mild pandemic.

Re the medical staff dying, please give us more information. Do hospitals immediately fire any staff over 50 or anyone with hypertension, diabetes or are obese? The information I have seen suggests that they were calling up retired doctors and nurses in many countries.

Let's now concentrate on the UK as I have some  interesting figures:

“The 1968 Hong Kong flu was very similar to the current outbreak in being extremely contagious but with a fairly low mortality rate. 30% of the UK population is estimated to have been infected in the Hong Kong flu pandemic. The death rate was about 0.5%, mostly elderly or with underlying health conditions.
But there was no massive panic, no second by second media hysteria over Hong Kong flu.”

First you need to compare like with like.

In 1968 the population of the UK was approximately 55 million, it is currently around 66.5 million, so 78,000 deaths due to Hong Kong flu in 1968 would be the equivalent of around 94,000 deaths for the current population.

You can actually increase that last figure as the average age in the UK has increased from 72 in 1968 to 80 now.

I have used the Diamond Princess as an example before as it is a great source of accurate figures.

Excluding the (younger ) crew, the mortality rate ends up at 0.5% with an average age of 69. Apply that to the over 60 population in the UK of 15,838,666 you get an expected number of deaths from Covid-19 of 71,292.

That figure is both less than the absolute number of deaths for Hong Kong flu in 1968 (78,000) and is some 15% less than the number of deaths for Hong Kong flu as adjusted for the current population (94,000).

17 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

Looks like Oz and NZ might be the first to be looking at the real mortality rate in a modern, well-prepared nation with excess capacity thanks to aggressive distancing, and it looks like it is indeed around 10 times more fatal than typical flu.  Sounds like most of the real scientists have been pretty close.

Nope, until they establish exactly how many people are infected, their figures are worthless. In fact, the true figures won't be known until this is well and truly over,.

I know that to qualify for NZ or Australian testing, you had to have had contact with a known case, have clear symptoms and/or have recently returned from overseas. As discussed before , this skewed the results as the testing missed most of the asymptomatic or mild cases. These mild cases may well multiply the numbers of infected by 10x or more.

According to all current data, for the healthy general population of school and working age, a mild to moderate course of the Covid-19 disease can be expected. Senior citizens and persons with existing chronic diseases should be protected. The medical capacities should be optimally prepared.

8 minutes ago, dorydude said:

Nope, until they establish exactly how many people are infected, their figures are worthless. 

"It's just unknowable", eh?

derp derp derp

14 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

"It's just unknowable", eh?

derp derp derp

As I explained...yes...unknowable at this stage. The only accurate figures we have are from the Diamond Princess, but even those are disproportionate on the bad side as the passengers were in unnaturally close confines. They indicate an overall mortality rate of 0.3% -  if the whole world was living in the same density as those on a cruise ship.

We also know that the Italian, UK and American health authorities have loosened the "cause of death" restrictions and allow doctors to take the unprecedented step of classifying a death as Covid-19 even if they don't have definitive proof.

21 minutes ago, dorydude said:

Nope, until they establish exactly how many people are infected, their figures are worthless. In fact, the true figures won't be known until this is well and truly over,.

I know that to qualify for NZ or Australian testing, you had to have had contact with a known case, have clear symptoms and/or have recently returned from overseas. As discussed before , this skewed the results as the testing missed most of the asymptomatic or mild cases. These mild cases may well multiply the numbers of infected by 10x or more.

According to all current data, for the healthy general population of school and working age, a mild to moderate course of the Covid-19 disease can be expected. Senior citizens and persons with existing chronic diseases should be protected. The medical capacities should be optimally prepared.

So the pandemic is actually worse than the numbers show? You truly are a worthless cunt- you can’t even maintain a consistent argument on sailing anarchy- something many mouth breathers without opposing thumbs can achieve. 

2 minutes ago, dorydude said:

As I explained...yes...unknowable at this stage. The only accurate figures we have are from the Diamond Princess, but even those are disproportionate on the bad side as the passengers were in unnaturally close confines. They indicate an overall mortality rate of 0.3% -  if the whole world was living in the same density as those on a cruise ship.

So how about you take one for the team. If you get it will you promise to not take up an ICU bed- you know, for the good of the economy? Please catch the virus and die, you will be doing your nation a great service. 

8 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

So the pandemic is actually worse than the numbers show? You truly are a worthless cunt- you can’t even maintain a consistent argument on sailing anarchy- something many mouth breathers without opposing thumbs can achieve. 

The infection rate is much worse than the numbers show, dummy. It means that the death rate is much, much lower. This means the "pandemic" is much milder.This is the opposite of what you seem to think.

Are you already drunk?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

So how about you take one for the team. If you get it will you promise to not take up an ICU bed- you know, for the good of the economy? Please catch the virus and die, you will be doing your nation a great service. 

Do you always get angry and abusive when confronted by facts and numbers?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dorydude said:

Let me answer answer that.

YES HE DOES

30 minutes ago, dorydude said:

The infection rate is much worse than the numbers show, dummy. It means that the death rate is much, much lower. This means the "pandemic" is much milder.This is the opposite of what you seem to think.

Are you already drunk?

10,000 dead in the UK, despite social distancing etc and you are still spouting the "its just a bad flu" drivel. You really are an egregious piece of work

50 minutes ago, dorydude said:

Re the medical staff dying, please give us more information. Do hospitals immediately fire any staff over 50 or anyone with hypertension, diabetes or are obese? The information I have seen suggests that they were calling up retired doctors and nurses in many countries.

“The 1968 Hong Kong flu was very similar to the current outbreak in being extremely contagious but with a fairly low mortality rate. 30% of the UK population is estimated to have been infected in the Hong Kong flu pandemic. The death rate was about 0.5%, mostly elderly or with underlying health conditions.
But there was no massive panic, no second by second media hysteria over Hong Kong flu.”

In 1968 the population of the UK was approximately 55 million, it is currently around 66.5 million, so 78,000 deaths due to Hong Kong flu in 1968 would be the equivalent of around 94,000 deaths for the current population.

You can actually increase that last figure as the average age in the UK has increased from 72 in 1968 to 80 now.

I have used the Diamond Princess as an example before as it is a great source of accurate figures.

Excluding the (younger ) crew, the mortality rate ends up at 0.5% with an average age of 69. Apply that to the over 60 population in the UK of 15,838,666 you get an expected number of deaths from Covid-19 of 71,292.

That figure is both less than the absolute number of deaths for Hong Kong flu in 1968 (78,000) and is some 15% less than the number of deaths for Hong Kong flu as adjusted for the current population (94,000).

Sorry I don’t have data the ages of the dead medical staff and yes I suppose the mortality rate is not yet defined. But who cares it has been a huge loss of life and will continue.

People not being able to be with their dying family members. Not being able to be at the funerals. I even saw a report that the authorities have even lost a body.

I will point out that deaths that occur outside of hospitals are not counted in Spain.....yet. The data suggestes that the real figure could be up to 3 times higher than reported.

https://www.elmundo.es/espana/2020/04/06/5e8b4e4021efa01e6e8b4591.html

1 minute ago, Weyalan said:

10,000 dead in the UK, despite social distancing etc and you are still spouting the "its just a bad flu" drivel. You really are an egregious piece of work

Normally , over 10,00 people die in the UK every single week.

Did you miss my earlier post?

The Hong Kong flu of 1968 killed 78,000 people in the UK. Mainly the old and sick. Adjusted for population, Covid-19 will have to kill  98,000 to catch up. In many countries, the new cases are decreasing. It is  fast acting and very contagious virus meaning it will spread and kill in a rush, then likely vanish just as quickly.

14 minutes ago, TDTW said:

Sorry I don’t have data the ages of the dead medical staff and yes I suppose the mortality rate is not yet defined. But who cares it has been a huge loss of life and will continue.

People not being able to be with their dying family members. Not being able to be at the funerals. I even saw a report that the authorities have even lost a body.

I will point out that deaths that occur outside of hospitals are not counted in Spain.....yet. The data suggestes that the real figure could be up to 3 times higher than reported.

https://www.elmundo.es/espana/2020/04/06/5e8b4e4021efa01e6e8b4591.html

...yet there are reports of exactly the opposite - over counting deaths.

“At Tuesday’s (April 7) White House coronavirus press conference, task force member Dr. Deborah Birx said that while some countries are reporting coronavirus fatality numbers differently, in the U.S. you are counted as a victim of the pandemic if you die while testing positive for the virus, even if something else causes your death.”

Here’s the actual quote from the doctor, on the video: “if someone dies with COVID-19 we are counting that as a COVID-19 death.” Keyword: with.

This is happening in Italy and the UK as well.

On 3/30/2020 at 6:24 AM, jack_sparrow said:

^^^^^^^^ Ogh fuck...is that moron for real.

Bring it on ...body bags being put out in the street, millions out of work but my boat now isolated so hopefully she will live through it.

He should be taken out and fuckin shot.

Careful, he will sue you, or at least threaten to, and will excommunicate you from the fold.

You should learn the mantra, Starboard gives way to port, starboard gives way to port.  His observations will make more sense then.

On 3/28/2020 at 4:37 PM, dorydude said:

You are losing sight of the fact that this is just a bad  flu.

^^^^^^^^ Two weeks ago ...to.

3 hours ago, dorydude said:

So Dr Dory in two weeks you have moved from this is just a "bad flu" to now a "pretty mild pandemic." 

Can you explain why this change of classification?

2 hours ago, dorydude said:

It means that the death rate is much, much lower. This means the "pandemic" is much milder. 

So Dr  a "pretty mild pandemic" because the death rate is lower. Lower than what?

It means that the death rate is much, much lower...

...Are you already drunk?

Shit Doc only asking, I thought "much much" was a stutter not a measurement. 

So low death rate is a "bad flu," a higher death rate goes to "pretty mild pandemic" and higher again it is something like a "fucking ruthless bitch pandemic" or something.

Have I got that right?

Doc you didn't give up any numbers to say why this has gone from 'bad flu" to a "pretty mild pandemic."

3 hours ago, dorydude said:

“The 1968 Hong Kong flu was very similar to the current outbreak in being extremely contagious but with a fairly low mortality rate. 30% of the  UK population is estimated to have been infected in the Hong Kong flu pandemic...

No Doc I didn't miss that post.. in fact you keep repeating it. ...you sure you don't stutter?

The Hong Kong flu of 1968 killed 78,000 people in the UK. Mainly the old and sick. Adjusted for population, Covid-19 will have to kill  98,000 to catch up. 

So Doc Dory you say it all about death rates which makes COVID a "pretty mild pandemic" as apposed to a "bad flu."

If so, why does the definition of "pandemic" make no mention of fatalities, case fatality or fatality rates? As the name implies it does not guage an epidemics intensity, just it's spread.

So let's be clear dickface so your new pandemic "row boat" thing happening here comes to a stop.

290k - 650k die of the flu globally say WHO, you say more, so you still remain of the view this is just a "bad flu" that has spread to 153 out of 155 countries.

Fucking weasel.

“At Tuesday’s (April 7) White House coronavirus press conference, task force member Dr. Deborah Birx said that while some countries are reporting coronavirus fatality numbers differently, in the U.S. you are counted as a victim of the pandemic if you die while testing positive for the virus, even if something else causes your death.”

Here’s the actual quote from the doctor, on the video: “if someone dies with COVID-19 we are counting that as a COVID-19 death.” Keyword: with.

So to stop this overcounting all Death Certificates for those testing positive should say where appropriate, Smoking/Organ Failure/Age etc Related not Convid-19 Related as they do now.

This is all done having only a clinical sheet, where patient history is probably unknown and there is no autopsy.

In other words make cause of death a "guess" for anyone testing positive for Covid-19. That sounds solid.

Do you play Scrabble with your pets?

• Like 1

On 3/25/2020 at 8:08 AM, SCARECROW said:

So all of Australia turned on the TV at 9:20 last night to be told we can't play football in the park or go to your Niece's 1st birthday party (Prime Minister's words not mine).

What a fucking joke.

1. Kids are like rats the disease might not have a big effect on them but they can pass it on.
2. Schools are under funded and crowded.  Do the math kids shouldn't be at school.
3. why was the first stimulus payment given to the un-employed and pensioners? There was no real change in the cost of living during this situation.  That money should have gone to businesses to help pay holiday leave.

what should have been said last night.

Schools are closed to kids as of now.
-Teachers to continue at school for a week to develop remote learning packages
-Teachers to continue to get paid during closure to administer remote learning

All non-essential shops to close as of now.
-Land lords not allowed to charge rent during shut down period
-mortgage holders not allowed to charge mortgages or apply interest. to loans.
-hairdresser is not an essential business.

Non-essential businesses to be encouraged to close down or at least minimize work by subsidizing leave payments. 
-Land lords not allowed to charge rent during shut down period where business has shut down
-mortgage holders not allowed to charge mortgages or apply interest to loans.
-social distancing to be built into worksafe laws and made an offence if not applied

All loans to be made interest free for the period of the shut down.
-Government to cut cash rate to -0.25 for period of shut down meaning banks and lends will be making money anyway

Domestic rent to be stopped for period of shut down.

Borders closed to everyone (citizen or not) in 7 days
-that's enough time for people to gt home if they choose (good luck finding an airline).

Business that don't shut down won't be eligible beyond loan/rent as mentioned above for assistance if COV19 appears in any part of their work force and they have to shut down later.

Are you happy now with how Covid-19 has been handled up to now?

Aside from the Ruby Princess FU and dopey Dan's illogical banning of certain socially distanced activities, we seem to be getting a pretty good outcome.

On 3/28/2020 at 4:37 PM, dorydude said:

You are losing sight of the fact that this is just a bad flu...

Yesterday US numbers rounded out nicely.

17K deaths and 17M new unemployed.

Dory I don't ever recall a flu doing that in such a short space of time?

Mate BTW you would be a natural on TV over there.

Warning this video contains images that  make Dory look smart - don't get confused and start thinking he is.

47 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

So to stop this overcounting all Death Certificates for those testing positive should say where appropriate, Smoking/Organ Failure/Age etc Related not Convid-19 Related as they do now.

This is all done having only a clinical sheet, where patient history is probably unknown and there is no autopsy.

In other words make cause of death a "guess" for anyone testing positive for Covid-19. That sounds solid.

Do you play Scrabble with your pets?

Lots of abuse from you, but you seem to be permanently short on facts:

"Italy, like America, played fast-and-loose with the Covid-19 death numbers. Only 12% of the cases in Italy were actual, proven Covid-19 deaths. The rest of the Covid cases were patients who had 1, 2 or 3 underlying health issues that could have caused their deaths all by themselves, without Covid-19. The previous death-counting, of course, “gamed” or padded the death numbers, and of course scared the crap out of the public. The patients merely “had” Covid-19 in their blood. "

From about 1 min mark:

^^^^^^^^ Two weeks ago ...to.

So Dr Dory in two weeks you have moved from this is just a "bad flu" to now a "pretty mild pandemic." 

Can you explain why this change of classification?

So Dr  a "pretty mild pandemic" because the death rate is lower. Lower than what?

Shit Doc only asking, I thought "much much" was a stutter not a measurement. 

So low death rate is a "bad flu," a higher death rate goes to "pretty mild pandemic" and higher again it is something like a "fucking ruthless bitch pandemic" or something.

Have I got that right?

Doc you didn't give up any numbers to say why this has gone from 'bad flu" to a "pretty mild pandemic."

No Doc I didn't miss that post.. in fact you keep repeating it. ...you sure you don't stutter?

So Doc Dory you say it all about death rates which makes COVID a "pretty mild pandemic" as apposed to a "bad flu."

If so, why does the definition of "pandemic" make no mention of fatalities, case fatality or fatality rates? As the name implies it does not guage an epidemics intensity, just it's spread.

So let's be clear dickface so your new pandemic "row boat" thing happening here comes to a stop.

290k - 650k die of the flu globally say WHO, you say more, so you still remain of the view this is just a "bad flu" that has spread to 153 out of 155 countries.

Fucking weasel.

Again , lots of abuse  but no substance. 

"Mild pandemic" and "bad flu" are pretty much interchangeable. You would notice that if you weren't so hysterical.

Over 1,000,000 ( up to 4,000,000) died of Hong Kong flu, regardless of how many times you keep repeating the WHO "650,000" as a maximum.

With infection and death rates peaking or falling already in many countries, it appears that we are going to fall well short of even your 650,000. That's even with the dodgy death stats.

It will probably surprise you that no country is immune to seasonal flu either, but that is a fact.

We either save avoidable deaths & destroy society OR accept avoidable deaths & save society. The moral dilemma of our time.

3 minutes ago, dorydude said:

"Italy, like America, played fast-and-loose with the Covid-19 death numbers. Only 12% of the cases in Italy were actual, proven Covid-19 deaths. The rest of the Covid cases were patients who had 1, 2 or 3 underlying health issues that could have caused their deaths all by themselves, without Covid-19. The previous death-counting, of course, “gamed” or padded the death numbers, and of course scared the crap out of the public. The patients merely “had” Covid-19 in their blood. "

From about 1 min mark:

Dory I loved your Fox News piece on COVID being under counted. 

My video of Fox News pieces pretty much puts them out of the Coronavirus picture for people that have brains.

Anyway Dory why all the fuss. They count your flu deaths exactly the same way so these numbers shouldn't worry you.....unless of course you're rowing back on this being "just a bad flu."

1 minute ago, jack_sparrow said:

Dory I loved your Fox News piece on COVID being under counted. 

My video of Fox News pieces pretty much puts them out of the Coronavirus picture for people that have brains.

Anyway Dory why all the fuss. They count your flu deaths exactly the same way so these numbers shouldn't worry you.....unless of course you're rowing back on this being "just a bad flu."

Not even sure it will turn out to be a bad flu. Too early to tell.

BTW, the 1957 Asian flu pandemic killed 1,000,000 - 2,000,000. Another example that refutes your 650,000 figure.

Todays update.

Toll is now sadly 54 in Australia.

age            total

50-59        1

60-69       6

70-79        18

80-89        16

over90       7

unknown   6

see.......https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-03-17/coronavirus-cases-data-reveals-how-covid-19-spreads-in-australia/12060704

Most Germy age group are 20 - 29 year olds

22 minutes ago, dorydude said:

Again , lots of abuse  but no substance

"Mild pandemic" and "bad flu" are pretty much interchangeable. You would notice that if you weren't so hysterical.

unnamed_(8).gif.d5092f48261f3c91d97727a71db7944c.gif

1 minute ago, dorydude said:

BTW, the 1957 Asian flu pandemic killed 1,000,000 - 2,000,000. Another example that refutes your 650,000 figure.

Dory the 650k is WHO max number for the flu. Strangely they don't classify pandemics as the flu like you.

They also don't classify menstruation as a pandemic. What's your view?

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, dorydude said:

Again , lots of abuse but no substance

OK I promise no more hysterical laughing...is quiet snickering OK...More substance coming up

Dory you say; "mild pandemic" and "bad flu" are pretty  much interchangeable.

Dory if what you say is right, can you please explain why this diagram is wrong.

1082932203_EVF6o_QXkAcdVBa(1).thumb.jpeg.92bb4aae3ce94df3c98a7fa6d651bd5c.jpeg

26 minutes ago, dorydude said:

Not even sure it will turn out to be a bad flu. Too early to tell.

Mate no post here

I'm just screen printing in case you go and delete this dribble.

Surely the only figure that is anywhere relevant and actually the only one that matter is the number of people who have dies AND dies in a particularly unpleasant manner. Everything else is a "model", in other words no more than an educated guess. Does it really matter if it is 0.5% mortality or 2% or whatever if you happen to be in that % and are fighting for breath?

With the potential damage of COVID-19 why are people still NOT social distancing, staying at home wherever possible and not wearing masks, they may be ineffective to prevent catching from someone else but they are pretty damn effective at catching an infected person's cough or sneeze.

I have seen multiple posts, here, linkedin, Facebook about how China fudged the figures. Well let me tell you the first two weeks of this thing here the streets were deserted, the sidewalks were deserted and literally the only 2 people I saw NOT wearing masks were a foreign woman and her daughter.

China took it seriously from the get go. In Wuhan which has just come out of 76 days of lockdown they even welded some apartment compound doors shut if there were repeat offenders not sticking to the lockdown.    

A couple of weeks ago the Aussies were still going to the beach, as were the American Spring breakers. I saw on Facebook a a friend and daughter giving a thumbs up because they were wearing a masks to go shopping - they were both wearing buffs fer Christ sake - that's not a mask!! 

If people don't start taking this thing seriously it will run and run. Young people going out to parties then going home could pass it on to their parents who then could pass it on to the party  goers grandparents. Is a party THAT important?

You land at Beijing or Shanghai airport you are tested - proper tested. A friend landed at Heathrow (LHR - London) last week and they didn't even take his temperature.

At the start of this i got mails from friends (yes i have some friends) checking in that i was OK. Now it is me sending similar mails in the other direction.  

Sorry for going on at a rant, but an easily passed on infection which is killing around 1-2 in a hundred and no vaccine for at least 12 months perhaps 18 and people don't think they should be careful? Give me a break!

21 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

Mate no post here

I'm just screen printing in case you go and delete this dribble.

Why bother discussing this with someone named after a fish. 

5 hours ago, dorydude said:

So 5 hours ago a "pretty mild pandemic."

To now; "mild pandemic;" the "pretty" has gone missing and the "bad flu" is back in the picture.

1 hour ago, dorydude said:

"Mild pandemic" and "bad flu" are pretty much interchangeable. .

So Dory from "pretty mild pandemic" to "mild pandemic" is that up or down???

Mate the only reason I'm asking is knowing you're probably busy inventing more shit.

So I Googled and it came back fucking saying exactly what I said upthread; "Mild, moderate, or worse, severity is not part of what defines a pandemic." 

Mate I'm starting to think you're trying to hoodwink us with your shitfuckery.

1 hour ago, The Dark Knight said:

Are you happy now with how Covid-19 has been handled up to now?

Aside from the Ruby Princess FU and dopey Dan's illogical banning of certain socially distanced activities, we seem to be getting a pretty good outcome.

Jack asked me the same question a few pages ago.  When I stated this thread the only government support was going to current welfare recipients, schools were being kept open and you could still go out in public etc.  

Yep pretty happy in the long run how its being handled although we're still getting a lot of mixed messages.  ie. head NSW cop saying you can't go for a drive but RMS saying it is ok to go sailing, fishing or water skiing.  Can't use a jetski... unless of course you have a fishing rod on board.

Its actually interesting to see how many are raving about the Kiwi results.  They're kicking our arse on deaths but we appear doing better on cases / million people despite having conducted more tests.

I think I'd be much happier in Aus or NZ right now than anywhere else in the world even if the shut down is currently costing one of my two small businesses $1500 a week and will probably cost the other a lot more in the long run (neither of which are eligible for any government support as we don't have employees). 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

So 5 hours ago a "pretty mild pandemic."

To now; "mild pandemic;" the "pretty" has gone missing and the "bad flu" is back in the picture.

So Dory from "pretty mild pandemic" to "mild pandemic" is that up or down???

Mate the only reason I'm asking is knowing you're probably busy inventing more shit.

So I Googled and it came back fucking saying exactly what I said upthread; "Mild, moderate, or worse, severity is not part of what defines a pandemic." 

Mate I'm starting to think you're trying to hoodwink us with your shitfuckery.

Look, we know that you are scared, but you are self isolating so should be safe. No need to get hysterical.

I find it amusing that in the midst of all the panic, contradictory figures and incomplete testing you expect me, and only me to accurately define the effect of this virus in terms that are satisfactory to you. Be aware that I am altering my predictions DOWNWARDS as more and more countries report decreasing infections and deaths

Perhaps you need to get out a bit more.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, shanghaisailor said:

With the potential damage of COVID-19 why are people still NOT social distancing, staying at home wherever possible..

Shang adherance varies around the world. Sweden don't even have a lockdown. Australian people pretty good at adherence I understand. Bigger questions really should be asked of some Government's.

Can't think of any Aust Govt ones, so use example of these to the UK PM.

“PM do you still think it was a good idea to have allowed 250,000 people to amass at the Cheltenham Festival after the WHO had officially declared coronavirus a pandemic?” “How many people have now been infected and/or died as a result?”

“PM there were three million people daily on the London Underground at the time other countries were in lockdown. Does that partly explain why London has been so badly hit?”

Courtesy Alastair Campbell.

Those questions will never be answered outside an enquiry.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, dorydude said:

...you expect me, and only me to accurately define the effect of this virus in terms that are satisfactory to you..

Never asked you to "define the effects of the virus." You really love lying.

I only asked specific questions of your own statements to back them up. You refuse to answer because you can't. Would you like a list?

32 minutes ago, dorydude said:

Be aware that I am altering my predictions DOWNWARDS 

That's reassuring. What will you be revising this pandemic down to then....a "bad cold"?

25 minutes ago, SCARECROW said:

Jack asked me the same question a few pages ago.  When I stated this thread the only government support was going to current welfare recipients, schools were being kept open and you could still go out in public etc.  

Yep pretty happy in the long run how its being handled although we're still getting a lot of mixed messages.  ie. head NSW cop saying you can't go for a drive but RMS saying it is ok to go sailing, fishing or water skiing.  Can't use a jetski... unless of course you have a fishing rod on board.

Its actually interesting to see how many are raving about the Kiwi results.  They're kicking our arse on deaths but we appear doing better on cases / million people despite having conducted more tests.

I think I'd be much happier in Aus or NZ right now than anywhere else in the world even if the shut down is currently costing one of my two small businesses $1500 a week and will probably cost the other a lot more in the long run (neither of which are eligible for any government support as we don't have employees). 

We're pretty happy tp be in Aus and not still in Sweden. I feel sorry for my Sweden based friends and my former colleagues. Trump would love to have the Swedish media as they are all towing the Government line and not making much of a fuss about the death toll heading quickly towards 1000. The media prefers to compare Sweden to countries that are doing shit rather than countries that are managing it well. Heaven forbid mentioning that the economic basket case of the EU, Greece, is doing well, let alone countries as far away as us.

I am shitted off that 2 weeks into a contract in Canberra for a Government department I was terminated in the panic. Luckily I hadn't moved the family or even found a rental there.

6 hours ago, dorydude said:

I’m not talking about those countries pal

30 minutes ago, SCARECROW said:

Wtf is there racing going in at Randwick today?  

No spectators and backup jockeys?

images - 2020-04-11T155921.192.jpeg

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

No spectators and backup jockeys?

images - 2020-04-11T155921.192.jpeg

If only.  More likely huge lobbying power.  

Roy and HG have been lampooning  the racing industry during Covid,  unmercifully on their show

"bludging on the blind side".  

If ya want a laugh.........

9 minutes ago, MRS OCTOPUS said:

Roy and HG have been lampooning  the racing industry during Covid,  unmercifully on their show

"bludging on the blind side".  

If ya want a laugh.........

Last week was even funnier, they want a Royal Commission into the fact you never see an old jockey, what happens to them, where are they.  Roy was going off

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SCARECROW said:

Wtf is there racing going in at Randwick today?  

The money laundering thru the bookies has been classed as an essential business. Didn't you know that? :P

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SCARECROW said:

Scarecrow that's bad news but you as sole traders are also eligible for the job keeper subsidy. Times 2 it might keep you afloat. Register via the ATO not Centerfiasco.

4 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

Shang adherance varies around the world. Sweden don't even have a lockdown. Australian people pretty good at adherence I understand. Bigger questions really should be asked of some Government's.

Can't think of any Aust Govt ones, so use example of these to the UK PM.

“PM do you still think it was a good idea to have allowed 250,000 people to amass at the Cheltenham Festival after the WHO had officially declared coronavirus a pandemic?” “How many people have now been infected and/or died as a result?”

“PM there were three million people daily on the London Underground at the time other countries were in lockdown. Does that partly explain why London has been so badly hit?”

Courtesy Alastair Campbell.

Those questions will never be answered outside an enquiry.

The Who played Cheltenham? I missed that........

49 minutes ago, paps49 said:

Scarecrow that's bad news but you as sole traders are also eligible for the job keeper subsidy. Times 2 it might keep you afloat. Register via the ATO not Centerfiasco.

Unfortunately we’re not sole traders.  Companies with the wife and I as directors making income from profit distribution.  (Not an unusual situation that I have a lot of friends in).  Basically all we can do is get PAYG paid to date back to help cover reduced cash flow.  Having said that we’re not in trouble.

We’ve closed Leddicott for the foreseeable future dispute heading into peak season with a lot of our holiday accomodation neighbours continuing to rent out (wankers).  CTMD has enough ongoing work to get through 4 plus months but a big cruise industry based job has been out on hold and the pleasure boat side of the business has disappeared over night.

I find the discussion about how and if Covid-19 deaths are counted hilarious.

When SHTF in Wuhan China got vilified by the whole world for under counting deaths. Now that the impacts are getting closer and closer counting every case is no longer of any importance to many. Yet at the same time there is increasing talk about repercussions for China since caused all this pain and suffering by under reporting.

11 hours ago, dorydude said:

“At Tuesday’s (April 7) White House coronavirus press conference, task force member Dr. Deborah Birx said that while some countries are reporting coronavirus fatality numbers differently, in the U.S. you are counted as a victim of the pandemic if you die while testing positive for the virus, even if something else causes your death."......

Dory as you are a new fan of US Virus Task Force member Dr. Deborah Birx and I owe you a laugh for a change .

She an Obhama appointee like Dr Fauci so not Trump stooges. Her history military and being a bit cheeky still using the Dr bit as not registered for 6 years. So not too sure she should be at the pointy end of this, but more so than Trump's Son in Law.

Anyway 1st Vid she talks of Trump's being attentive to the scientific literature & ability to analyse & integrate data being a large benefit.

There is a vid I can't find but it has Trump saying he tight across this virus thing and in a previous life he could have been a epidemiologist, not a businessman. 

Last Vid (ignore middle one) is the Donald yesterday rambling on about antibiotics and viruses. Trouble is antibiotics attack bacteria, not viruses.

The good Dr. Deborah Birx might have to rethink that appraisal of her boss.

13 hours ago, dorydude said:

Cite please. 

12 hours ago, dorydude said:

Cite

8 hours ago, dorydude said:

From about 1 min mark:

A Fox News cite. :lol:

Class actions have already commenced against Fox.

This vid compilation from the Washington Post shows Fox switch the moment Trump switched.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, dorydude said:

“The 1968 Hong Kong flu was very similar to the current outbreak in being extremely contagious but with a fairly low mortality rate.

IMG_20200411_114513.jpg.189011ec234bfe9d03d7eba90a563ee7.jpg

Dory lets concentrate on what Intensive Care Specialist Professor Hugh Montgomery from the UK said last week, not what happened in the UK 52 years ago.

"This is being presented like bad flu and it really isn't. This is as different from flu as Ebola is from an ingrown toenail. This is a very very different disease. You  might feel like you have flu … but this is not the same   thing."

Starts at 24.00. IView like BBC so might be geo blocked.

7/4/20 ABC interview with Intensive Care Specialist Professor Hugh Montgomery

Vid courtesy @RobG

13 hours ago, dorydude said:

The Hong Kong flu of 1968 killed 78,000 people in the UK. Mainly the old and sick. Adjusted for population, Covid-19 will have to kill  98,000 to catch up. In many countries, the new cases are decreasing. It is  fast acting and very contagious virus meaning it will spread and kill in a rush, then likely vanish just as quickly.

And last week 20,000 died instead of 10,000. Tell me again professor dorydick how every doctor, epidemiologists, pandemic specialist and virologist in the world are wrong for taking the action they have and you, a sad little cunt with access to the internet, is right?

I guess you must have made a bundle already from your shrewd, secret investment strategy that you beat your hairless chest about a few pages back. 

Unless you catch the Flu of course...

2 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

And last week 20,000 died instead of 10,000. Tell me again professor dorydick how every doctor, epidemiologists, pandemic specialist and virologist in the world are wrong for taking the action they have and you, a sad little cunt with access to the internet, is right?

LB I have tried that approach to no avail...though your addition of the words "sad" and "little" to the words "dead" and "lying" may be the tipping point. I doubt it though, that "bad flu" hole he has dug is fucking deep.

9 hours ago, dorydude said:

Be aware that I am altering my predictions DOWNWARDS as more and more countries report decreasing infections.

No you be aware that some countries are reporting a decreasing rate in the ‘growth of infections’. Where the fuck were you when 9th grade science was being taught? Smoking cock for lollies behind the toilet block?

Let me explain it for you. That means the number of people becoming infected is getting larger more slowly. Next time you are bent over by your housemaster in the toilet block- think of it like this- it doesn’t matter how slowly he puts it in your arse it is still going all the way in. 

Enjoy the rest of your evening.

18 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

LB I have tried that approach to no avail...though your addition of the words "sad" and "little" to the words "dead" and "lying" may be the tipping point. I doubt it though, that "bad flu" hole he has dug is fucking deep.

He is a welcome diversion in these troubled times and he has a bit of randumb about him.

I saw some Israelis minister who said the virus was a punishment for gay people has got it. . Like dory dick, he claims it will only take the ones that deserve it. Let’s hope they are both right.

8 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

He is a welcome diversion in these troubled times and he has a bit of randumb about him.

Yes there are certainly some similarities, though I never recall anyone giving Randumb likeys like the Octopus does for Dr Dory.

1 minute ago, jack_sparrow said:

Yes there are certainly some similarities, though I never recall anyone giving Randumb likeys like the Octopus does for Dr Dory.

True old randy was special but he didn’t give reach arounds to his own sock puppet like Octopussy does. The sock must must help him pretend it is not his own hand.