Sign in to follow this  
SCARECROW

Corona UK

29 minutes ago, SCARECROW said:

Can anyone explain the "worldometer" data on the UK? 

Is the data up the shit or is the Queen fucked?

Recovery rate isn't inspirational :(

Very frightening indeed, you should ask that question to Bonkers Johnson!

Just talked to my oldest and best girlfriend in England. With an old lung condition, she has to be ever so careful, even in normal times.

Now 12 days in self isolation, and should be OK, for now...  Will probably have to remain in isolation, with partner, for a long time to come.

I'd say that not long enough established to have good numbers of recovered patients

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zonker said:

I'd say that not long enough established to have good numbers of recovered patients

i think there is also variation in what different countries define as recovered. 

if you look a the recovered numbers versus infected it says lots will be in need of hospital...

10 hours ago, Zonker said:

I’d say the UK government is desperately covering its ass after fucking up and not closing the country down weeks ago. 
The airports are still open, with absolutely no checks in place!! 

2 hours ago, mad said:

I’d say the UK government is desperately covering its ass after fucking up and not closing the country down weeks ago. 
The airports are still open, with absolutely no checks in place!! 

This week my nephew flew back from Knoxville via Miami.  I won't be paying him or my sister's tribe a visit soon.

In case anyone notices this blurb from UK.Gov:

Status of COVID-19

As of 19 March 2020, COVID-19 is no longer considered to be a high consequence infectious diseases ( HCID ) in the UK.
The 4 nations public health  HCID  group made an interim recommendation in January 2020 to classify COVID-19 as an  HCID . This was based on consideration of the UK  HCID  criteria about the virus and the disease with information available during the early stages of the outbreak. Now that more is known about COVID-19, the public health bodies in the UK have reviewed the most up to date information about COVID-19 against the UK  HCID  criteria. They have determined that several features have now changed; in particular, more information is available about mortality rates (low overall), and there is now greater clinical awareness and a specific and sensitive laboratory test, the availability of which continues to increase.
The Advisory Committee on Dangerous Pathogens (ACDP) is also of the opinion that COVID-19 should no longer be classified as an  HCID .

After conferring with a virologist at the Univ of Kent, this status change affects how researchers and health care workers can treat COVID-19 samples.  With the new change it will allow more researchers to study the virus and more places to test the virus (more eyes on the problem).   

26 minutes ago, IrieMon said:

In case anyone notices this blurb from UK.Gov:

Status of COVID-19

As of 19 March 2020, COVID-19 is no longer considered to be a high consequence infectious diseases ( HCID ) in the UK.
The 4 nations public health  HCID  group made an interim recommendation in January 2020 to classify COVID-19 as an  HCID . This was based on consideration of the UK  HCID  criteria about the virus and the disease with information available during the early stages of the outbreak. Now that more is known about COVID-19, the public health bodies in the UK have reviewed the most up to date information about COVID-19 against the UK  HCID  criteria. They have determined that several features have now changed; in particular, more information is available about mortality rates (low overall), and there is now greater clinical awareness and a specific and sensitive laboratory test, the availability of which continues to increase.
The Advisory Committee on Dangerous Pathogens (ACDP) is also of the opinion that COVID-19 should no longer be classified as an  HCID .

After conferring with a virologist at the Univ of Kent, this status change affects how researchers and health care workers can treat COVID-19 samples.  With the new change it will allow more researchers to study the virus and more places to test the virus (more eyes on the problem).   

Almost means that it opens up even more of the NHS to exposure to the virus,  they’ve only done this because the system is already overwhelmed and it hasn’t even started yet.