Mid

China suspends entry for most foreigners, Singapore will jail people who don’t observe distancing

• China’s National Health Commission said that there were 55 new cases, of which 54 were imported. Five new deaths were also reported, all of them in Hubei province.
  • More people have died in Italy from exposure to the fast-spreading coronavirus than anywhere else in the world. As of March 26, 6 p.m. local time, at least 8,165 people have died, according to Italy’s health ministry.
  • There were 91 new reported cases and eight people have died from exposure to the virus, according to the Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
  • Singapore says people who do not practice social distancing in public can face stiff fines of up to 10,000 Singapore dollars or a maximum jail term of six months, or both. 

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/27/coronavirus-latest-updates-china-g20-italy.html

So Singapore will take people who are not social distancing  properly and jam them together in a jail?  Dont they usually just put them on a boat to Indo? 

Is this the same China that bitched about how racist countries were that banned Chinese visitors earlier?

Indian cops are beating people with rattan canes and forcing them to do calisthenics if they defy the rules.

It's almost comical.

1 hour ago, Gissie said:

Is this the same China that bitched about how racist countries were that banned Chinese visitors earlier?

If it was up to me no one would be visiting China for about 7 years or how ever long it takes for radiation to dissipate after a nuclear attack. Those fucking cunts must be held to account for this. 

1 hour ago, LB 15 said:

If it was up to me no one would be visiting China for about 7 years or how ever long it takes for radiation to dissipate after a nuclear attack. Those fucking cunts must be held to account for this. 

Unfortunately they are more likely to wander the world buying up companies and infrastructure for fuck all. But would certainly be happy for your idea to be the one that happens.

2 hours ago, LB 15 said:

Boy that is ignorant, not to mention racist. 

Are you gonna nuke (near to me) Norwalk, Ohio too? That was the origin of the Noro-Virus (which kills really a lot of people still) 

You maybe could call it "Gringo Small Town White Kids Virus" or GSTWKV, for short. . . .  nah, needs some vowels. 

Jes keepin' our racial house in order here. 

I used to think that white USAeans were the most racist people on the planet - but then I met some Ozzies. 

• Like 3

My wife told me about one of her friends who recently flew from New Zealand to Guangzhou. She wanted to go to Beijing but you are only allowed to go to one of four cities. After testing everyone onboard the plane was taken to quite a nice hotel with a big room. She must stay in the room for 15 days. Apparently quite good meals are brought to the room and garbage is picked up. Cost for everything is 5400 yuan or about US$760, so not bad. No gouging going on.

In case any of you were wondering, the "Norovirus results in about 685 million cases of disease and 200,000 deaths globally a year" 

It's really a nasty critter. 

LB was out of line . . 

3 hours ago, AJ Oliver said:

In case any of you were wondering, the "Norovirus results in about 685 million cases of disease and 200,000 deaths globally a year" 

LB was out of line . . 

So China hides it from the world for a month or two, allows millions of Chinese to disperse around the world and we should all give then a pat on the back.

You are a dick.

2 minutes ago, Gissie said:

So China hides it from the world for a month or two, allows millions of Chinese to disperse around the world and we should all give then a pat on the back.

You are a dick.

Who said anything about a pat on the back ? only you. 

What did the Drumph do differently, except led his cronies cash in their stocks? 

And you are a cowardly, anonymous punk. 

5 minutes ago, AJ Oliver said:

Who said anything about a pat on the back ? only you. 

What did the Drumph do differently, except led his cronies cash in their stocks? 

And you are a cowardly, anonymous punk. 

Well you certainly seem to want to give China a free pass on their behavior.

As for Trump, he has proved better overall than our leader, so he has that going for him.

As for the name calling, give Life Line a call, they may give a fuck.

1 minute ago, Gissie said:

As for Trump, he has proved better overall than our leader, so he has that going for him.

Ooooooo, a man of the Reich I see. 

Just now, AJ Oliver said:

Ooooooo, a man of the Reich I see. 

A man of limited intelligence I see. Surprised you don't support Trump.

5 hours ago, Gissie said:

You are a dick.

Actually you are the dick, see Timeline.

8 hours ago, Elegua said:

While I wouldn't put it in LB's terms, but clearly the Chinese have some things to answer for with regards to COVID19.

Some of those articles are factually wrong.

Here is the Timeline (compared to SARS) and list of 1st cases as at 1 February. The 1st Confirmed Case outside China was in Thailand on on 13 January and with highest number of cases as at 1 February.

Then map showing countries with travel bans/incoming quarantine measures in place and those without as of today and 3 months later. Hats off to the US and UK ...fucking turnips.

Hate to see facts fuck up a good story.

_110736706_globalmapfinal_feb1-nc.thumb.png.ef85269dfd460e5c999c83bc3abe80d5.png

m_jvp200028f2.png

IMG_20200329_115645.jpg

4 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

Actually you are the dick, see Timeline.

Here is the Timeline and 1st cases as at 1 February. I might be wrong but I think 1st Confirmed Case outside China was Thailand on on 13 January.

_110736706_globalmapfinal_feb1-nc.thumb.png.ef85269dfd460e5c999c83bc3abe80d5.png

m_jvp200028f2.png

Apologies, I had failed to realise that all statements by the PRC are to be taken as factual.

3 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

Here is the Timeline (compared to ARS) and list of 1st cases as at 1 February. The 1st Confirmed Case outside China was in Thailand on on 13 January.

m_jvp200028f2.png

That's a very carefully edited timeline because the doc's that reported the infections were arrested on Jan 3rd and China was censoring social media after the disclosure on Dec 31st.

One of the reason Italy is in such bad shape was the fact it was seeded with so many ill tourists. 

Lastly, Tedros and the WHO are what you call useful idiots. He swallowed the story from the CCP hook, line and sinker. 

14 minutes ago, Elegua said:

One of the reason Italy is in such bad shape was the fact it was seeded with so many ill tourists. 

The reason Italy is bad shape is because they were an early hit (22 Jan) and were very slow to respond and their peculiar demographics. They were low on the list of Chinese related transits.

14 minutes ago, Elegua said:

That's a very carefully edited timeline because the doc's that reported the infections were arrested on Jan 3rd and China was censoring social media after the disclosure on Dec 31st.

Which bit is edited in context of outbreak and escape outside China???

5 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

The reason Italy is bad shape is because they were very slow to respond and their peculiar demographics. They were low on the list of Chinese related transits.

Which bit is edited???

Then you'd be in direct contradiction with the head of the NIH. Italy does have demographic issues and its healthcare system is not set up to handle a contagion of this level - but they key reason it got so bad so quickly was an unexpected high level of seeding. 

7 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

Which bit is edited???

It omits the fact that the disclosures to the WHO did not accurately characterize the state of the virus in China. In the words of the Taiwanese delegation that traveled in Jan "They didn't let us see what they didn't want us to see, but our experts sensed the situation was not optimistic". 

None of this absolves Western leaders of their own screw-ups (and continued screw-ups) but China needs to own-up to its very central role in spreading the virus, rather than say...blame a US delegation to WuHan. 

1 hour ago, Elegua said:

...but they key reason it got so bad so quickly was an unexpected high level of seeding

Of cause it's seeding, but you said it was from many ill tourists. That is wrong. 

1 hour ago, Elegua said:

One of the reason Italy is in such bad shape was the fact it was seeded with so many ill tourists

You appear to be an expert at this discourse technique.

1 hour ago, Elegua said:

That's a very carefully edited timeline 

1 hour ago, jack_sparrow said:

Which bit is edited in context of outbreak and escape outside China???

1 hour ago, Elegua said:

It omits the fact that the disclosures to the WHO did not accurately characterize the state of the virus in China. 

It is a "timeline" of the outbreak not a research paper on the epidemiology at that time. If you have "plausible" alternative outbreak dates then put them up as asked. If not  then it is not carefully edited as you claim.

Over to you Jack - correctin' the stupid just wears one out. 

I'm not bailing on you - but I need to correct some stupid elsewhere. 

I'll be back 

2 hours ago, Gissie said:

Apologies, I had failed to realise that all statements by the PRC are to be taken as factual.

Some material the PRC reveal is proven to be accurate, some is regarded to lie between unreliable and complete horseshit. World epidemiology experts believe that outbreak timeline to be accurate.

Hence your claim China hid it from the world for a month or two is in the complete horseshit category.

48 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

Some material the PRC reveal is proven to be accurate, some is regarded to lie between unreliable and complete horseshit. World epidemiology experts believe that outbreak timeline to be accurate.

Hence your claim China hid it from the world for a month or two is in the complete horseshit category.

What doesn't fit with your, "timeline" is that the Chinese were just telling the WHO that this was some SARS like flue with zero deaths in Dec, which is why they had to arrest the doc's that found it for, "spreading rumors", on Jan 3 and as late as Jan 10th, China was still telling the outside world that.."Though Chinese authorities have said human-to-human transmission isn't a feature of the new disease". 

http://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-perspective/2020/01/pressure-builds-china-share-info-new-coronavirus

So really if you stayed away from those strange pokeymon creatures at the wet market, you'd be OK.  So if you are Italy, you are worried, but not overly concerned, since you don't have many wet markets with pangolins. Sure, it's a moving target and things are developing fast but per my earlier quote

"They didn't let us see what they didn't want us to see, but our experts sensed the situation was not optimistic". 

Oh and about those ill tourists...

“Italy got hit very badly because they had a large number of importations from China by Chinese tourists,” Fauci said. "Before they even knew what was going on, there was enough baseline people spreading that it essentially got out of hand, and it became difficult for them, as good as they are, and they’re very good, to be able to contain it in a way that is contact-tracing. It was more mitigation..."

You calling him a liar? Mis-informed? First 2 or 3 detected cases in Italy were from Chinese tourists Jan 31st. 

Jack, so if you beleive that. 你是個傻逼

Time for bed for me. 

2 hours ago, Elegua said:

What doesn't fit with your, "timeline" is that the Chinese were just telling the WHO that this  was some SARS like flue with zero deaths in Dec, which is why they had to arrest the doc's that found it for, "spreading rumors", on Jan 3 and as late as Jan 10th...

What "doesn't fit" is you are relying on is questionable Chinese advice dated December to Jan 10th and therefore that Timeline must be "carefully edited."

The Timeline is based upon Chinese advice 2 months later dated 24 February that world experts in epidemiology concur with and is being utilised in various models.

As you can't come up with a "plausible " alternative Timeline of outbreak dates, then it is not "carefully edited" as you claim.

3 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

It is a "timeline" of the outbreak not a research paper on the epidemiology at that time. If you have "plausible" alternative outbreak dates then put them up as asked. If not  then it is not carefully edited as you claim.

2 hours ago, Elegua said:

Italy got hit very badly because they had a large number of importations from China by Chinese tourists,” Fauci said. "Before they even knew what was going on, there was enough baseline people spreading that it essentially got out of hand,  

You calling him a liar? Mis-informed? First 2 or 3 detected cases in Italy were from Chinese tourists Jan 31st. 

Fauci is an American advising the Trump administration, the same administratian that call this the Chinese Virus, not by its designated name. He is the only one of note who is promoting this mass sick Chinese tourist in Italy theory. Alarm bells start ringing.

He is wrong. Why he said what he said only he knows. There is a high probability it is to fit with the Chinese narrative being promoted by the Administration.

Why your wrong is it seems you are relying upon his advise, though you don't specify these so many ill tourists as Chinese.

Note: What Fauci refers to as "baseline people spreading" you call "seeding." 

5 hours ago, Elegua said:

Who actually knows? How about the Italians.

Note; I can't cite the paper as pay walled but found some media pieces to support

- The 1st Confirmed Cases were a Chinese couple on 31 January, the third an Italian.

- 31 January, the Italian government suspended all flights to and from China.

-  No records to support unusual number of Chinese nationals sick in Italy.

- Tourism records. Chinese transits to Italy are low compared to other countries, then in Summer not the Winter and where they visit predominantly the southern half not the north, particularly east of Milan.

- Eleven municipalities in northern Italy were identified as the centres of the two main Italian clusters. 

- Italy has two Patient Zero's with neither having contact with Chinese Italian tourists, but resident Chinese Nationals, one in Italy and one in Germany. Italy Patient Zero - Codogno and  Italy Patient Zero - Germany

- The Italians know it didn't happen as Fauci described because they also know exactly the time and place of the epicentre. 

Soccer Game - Milan - 40,000 Fans - Made Bergamo Italy's Coronavirus Epicenter

Match was held two days before the first case of locally transmitted COVID-19 was confirmed in Italy. One-third of Bergamo’s population made the short trip to Milan’s San Siro Stadium. Also a twist is a Patient Zero- Codogno connection with police who attended neighbouring Lodi Hospital (overflow from Codogno) after a high speed train crash also attended the football match.

Elegua as you can see I have an issue with a false narratives being "seeded." :D:D

5 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

What "doesn't fit" is you are relying on is questionable Chinese advice dated December to Jan 10th and therefore that Timeline must be "carefully edited."

Yes. That is exactly my point. The timeline only tells part of the story - at face value (and to Chinese propagandists) it might even seem a reasonable timeline when compared to the handling of SARS outbreak in 2003 - which is the point of the timeline - were it not for the false official Chinese messaging on the virus; the "questionable Chinese advice". This is not about generating peer reviewed content. Chinese authorities downplayed the virus and the local authorities quashed dissenting voices until the facts could no longer reasonably be hidden. The WuHan doc's knew that it was highly contagious no later than December and were suppressed when they tied to communicate that fact. If the local authorities had not suppressed the local doctors, there's a very good chance we'd be looking at a very different situation today. The Taiwanese, who know the Chinese well, clearly twigged to the fact that all was not OK and took steps early. But of course, because Taiwan is not part of the WHO due to Chinese politics, this information never got out. 

Fauci is an American advising the Trump administration, the same administratian that call this the Chinese Virus, not by its designated name. He is the only one of note who is promoting this mass sick Chinese tourist in Italy theory. Alarm bells start ringing.

Dr Fauci has had a long career and is well known for his scientific credibility. The fact that he currently is under attack by the Trump-tards because he refuses to support the current US regime's fibs, should say everything you need to know about his credibility. You'll notice he is on record as stating on the record he will never call it the, "Chinese virus" or "WuHan virus". 

Note: What Fauci refers to as "baseline people spreading" you call "seeding." 

Telling tourists and business travelers to stay home would be against the official narrative, so it wasn't done. When I say seeding, I don't say that China sent tourists to infect Italy, but continued to allow travelers from WuHan go overseas. Lots of overseas travel before and during the CNY timeframe. 

The football match you cite was held about the same time that the WuHan authorities were getting sacked. Why cancel the match if you're getting told that it's not that contagious and that it is being contained in China? Why did the WuHan authorities even need to be sacked? 

So, by my thinking, had China faced facts and been transparent in December and early January, instead of knee-jerk suppression of information, had they not barred Taiwan from the WHO, - but again, what we'd have heard from Taiwan would have been very different from the official line from China - and we'd be looking at a very different trajectory for the virus.  Had the WHO, who is essentially in China's pocket taken 

The timeline is a lie by omission.  

• Like 1

I would agree that there is reason to suspect that some Corona data from China are suspect. 

But before you get too outraged and indignant about the perfidy of the Chi-Coms . . 

Consider the dodgy data coming from US states with Republican governors . . 

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2020/3/29/1932338/-Republican-Governors-appear-to-be-suppressing-COVID-19-data

• Like 1

The joys of Federalism. Now if only we could arrest them and block their twitter feed. :o

3 hours ago, Elegua said:

The timeline is a lie by omission.  

So your right and these global epidemiology experts are wrong. OK.

9 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

The Timeline is based upon Chinese advice 2 months later dated 24 February that world experts in epidemiology concur with and is being utilised in various models.

3 hours ago, Elegua said:

Dr Fauci has had a long career and is well known for his scientific credibility. The fact that he currently is under attack by the Trump-tards ......should say everything you need to know about his credibility. 

So based on being well known and Trump not liking him he is right and the Italian authorities and epidemiology experts are wrong. 0K.

9 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

Italy has two Patient Zero's with neither having contact with Chinese Italian tourists, but resident Chinese Nationals, one in Italy and one in Germany. Italy Patient Zero - Codogno and  Italy Patient Zero - Germany

- The Italians know it didn't happen as Fauci described because they also know exactly the time and place of the epicentre. 

16 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

So based on being well known and Trump not liking him he is right and the Italian authorities and epidemiology experts are wrong. 0K.

So you are right and the head of the US NIH is wrong. Got it. 

17 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

Feb 24th was far too after the fact, by the very info you posted.  If you understand how a log scale works, then you'd know how important it was to start back in Dec or Jan. I'm sure they were just as transparent as they were with say...swine flue. 

Good luck, mate...

• Like 1

The problem isnt China fucktards, its our capitalists that exported all our jobs and made it indispensable to our supply chains, that same corporates that have promoted open borders and globalisation. Look no further than the profit motive and if people are all really honest with themselves.

The globalists dream is shattered all because some bird shat on someone in a hitherto unknown chinese town.

22 minutes ago, Elegua said:

So you are right and the head of the US NIH is wrong. Got it

I didn't say or even infer that.

49 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

22 minutes ago, Elegua said:

Feb 24th was far too after the fact, by the very info you posted.  If you understand how a log scale works, then you'd know how important... 

My understanding and what I know is irelevant. I just refered to others that probably do.

49 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

You should be in communication with the above mentioned experts, not me.

On 3/28/2020 at 1:39 PM, Elegua said:

It seems China's early response was less than it could have/should have been.

I would think America might hesitate to make sweeping statements about the quality of public health response or damming other countries for the weakness of their public health response.

2 hours ago, KC375 said:

It seems China's early response was less than it could have/should have been.

I would think America might hesitate to make sweeping statements about the quality of public health response or damming other countries for the weakness of their public health response.

Sadly I completely agree. This event is really showing how the US has no clothes. In my mind while the virus was unavoidable, this is much a self-inflicted wound for the US. Ahem....this will likely make a lot of people mad...and what else do you expect when you elect a bunch of conspiracy theorist with such loose grasp of facts? The virus does not care about your twitter likes. 

• Like 1

On 3/29/2020 at 2:19 AM, AJ Oliver said:

LB was out of line . . 

China is a country not a race cupcake. Just like Japan was when they murdered so many of your countrymen at Pearl Habour. The meek ain’t inheriting jack shit petal. 

5 hours ago, AJ Oliver said:

I would agree that there is reason to suspect that some Corona data from China are suspect. 

But before you get too outraged and indignant about the perfidy of the Chi-Coms . . 

Consider the dodgy data coming from US states with Republican governors . . 

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2020/3/29/1932338/-Republican-Governors-appear-to-be-suppressing-COVID-19-data

Yeah but what about...

2 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

China is a country not a race cupcake.  

Yeah, only 97% Han 

7 minutes ago, AJ Oliver said:

Yeah, only 97% Han 

And around 50% of Americans are white brain dead morons who think trump is doing a great job but do I hate all Caucasians? You are the one pulling the race card dickhead.

2 minutes ago, AJ Oliver said:

Yeah, only 97% Han 

Ah, seems most of the numbers show it is around 92%. Or do you count all the Han living in other countries that the PRC consider to still be Chinese and are expected to support China, rather than their new country.

Or are you using the likely number as China wipes out the minority ethnic groups. If you are you would have been more accurate to use 99.9%.

Or are you actually a Chinese bot, certainly seem to defend the motherland quiet a lot. Sorry you are actually some brilliant pol Sci guy that knows everything. Just another FIGJAM to be mocked whenever you spout your incoherent crap.

1 hour ago, Elegua said:

Sadly I completely agree. This event is really showing how the US has no clothes. In my mind while the virus was unavoidable, this is much a self-inflicted wound for the US. Ahem....this will likely make a lot of people mad...and what else do you expect when you elect a bunch of conspiracy theorist with such loose grasp of facts? The virus does not care about your twitter likes. 

I try to maintain my dispassion but with two of my daughters in NYC, this gets personal and transcends party politics.

The occupant of 1600 Pennsylvania and his appointees have put my children at unnecessary risk.

Korea and the US had their first C-19 case on the same day. The divergence in response is owned by the respective administrations. I never would have expected that in the middle of a pandemic I’d be wishing my daughters were in Seoul instead of the big apple

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AJ Oliver said:

Yeah, only 97% Han 

Which really really maters if you are not. Ask the Uyghurs.

We all should care about human rights abuses, while at the same time having the humility to recognize the past, sometimes recent and too often current sins of our own societies.

That we may not come with clean hands does not mean we should not come forward to try to make it better.

2 hours ago, The Dark Knight said:

These guys are at fault, especially the one practicing social distancing.

CCP.jpg

He social distances to keep out of arms reach of the knife waiting to be thrust into his back by the next leader.

4 hours ago, KC375 said:

Which really really maters if you are not. Ask the Uyghurs.

Totally agree - thanks for the clarification.