Sign in to follow this  
Crotalus46

Design Anarchy

Started this under Ocean Racing Anarchy, "Some Old Design Clippings", but now trying to set it up at the suggestion of The Boss.

• Like 1

Dude, with a scowl like that, you must wonder what was on his mind. Homicide?

$$$$$$$$$

Money should make him happy! BTW, posted again on "Some Old Design Clippings".Today, it is the S&S 33' Spirit.

4 hours ago, Crotalus46 said:

Dude, with a scowl like that, you must wonder what was on his mind. Homicide?

He just saw the credit card statement from her last shopping expedition.

3 hours ago, Kenny Dumas said:

She just ripped the nastiest fart since...

Women who look like that don't fart.

What does any of this have to do with design or yacht designs from the past?

You're not from around here are you?

• Like 1

Design clipping scans will not upload to SA, so for anyone interested, I posted a buch under "Ocean Racing Anarchy", subheading "Some Old Design Clippings".

The idea was to post up old clippings from the days of CCA through IOR rating rules. For a time, SA readily post them, the suddenly it did not upload them. I started with Alan Gurney, and was last able to post an S&S design from about 1960, the 33' Spirit.

This particular topic heading, will, I think be deleted. I am now sending a few these to Mr. Clean via e-mail. He indicated SA might do this as a feature.

Don't know if SloopJonB is directing that question at me; if so, no I am to from around here. Total stranger, call me an alien. 

On 4/3/2020 at 7:39 AM, Sail4beer said:

She’s checking out his tits. 

She's looking for his wallet. 

6 minutes ago, Varan said:

She's looking for his wallet. 

No his bank statement 

2 hours ago, Crotalus46 said:

Don't know if SloopJonB is directing that question at me; if so, no I am to from around here. Total stranger, call me an alien. 

It was directed at Shu and his apparent lack of awareness of thread drift.

Your work is absolutely top notch. There is little in life more worth doing than studying sailboat designs. :D

SloopJonB: Thanks; just want to be clear that "my work" is not really mine, it is the work of yacht designers like Olin Stephens, Alan Gurney, German Frers, Bill Tripp, Britt Chance, Charley Morgan, Bob Director, Ted Hood, Bill Lapworth, and many others. I was fortunate to meet a few, build a (very) few of the boats, and parlay the knowledge to climb out of real poverty and go to the other end of the scale, doing a lot of work on American Aircraft Carriers. I will point out here that USS THEODORE ROOSEVELT is my home ship; I did more work on her than the others. (I retired from the government some years back, and have since done some ocean racing, finally!) You can bet I am following news about the ship and her recent skipper, CAPT Brett Crozier very carefully.

The Ed has been receiving more of these design clippings be e-mail. He says he would like to start a feature, maybe on a weekly basis.

In the meantime, best regards to all readers. If you happen to chance upon this note, refer to the heading "Some Old Design Clippings" to have a look at the recent past.

Stay well, look after your friends & neighbors in the strange and trying time.

-Crotalus

• Like 1

I am aware of thread drift, and have been responsible for some of it.  However, I could not find the original thread, and this just appeared to be off topic from the beginning. Maybe we should just take it to non-sequitur anarchy.

I would really like to see these old design clippings; I hope Clean and/or Mods can get this working again.

14 minutes ago, Shu said:

I am aware of thread drift, and have been responsible for some of it.  However, I could not find the original thread, and this just appeared to be off topic from the beginning. Maybe we should just take it to non-sequitur anarchy.

I would really like to see these old design clippings; I hope Clean and/or Mods can get this working again.

Yeah, this thread doesn't make much sense without a link to the original - or even with one?