Jules

Wuhan's Crematoriums Are Filling Thousands of Urns

Just how well or how poorly has the reporting been about deaths from SARS-CoV-2 been?  This article might give some indication as to the answer.

Wuhan's Crematoriums Are Filling Thousands of Urns With Coronavirus Remains Each Day

Wuhan residents are waiting for hours in line to pick up the remains of their loved ones.

The Chinese government insists that the death toll from the coronavirus outbreak in Wuhan is 2,535. But last week, 5,000 urns were delivered to a single Wuhan crematorium in just two days.

The crematorium is one of seven in Wuhan.

China has declared victory over the outbreak and on Friday closed its borders to the rest of the world over fears of importing infections. But skeptics say reports of zero new infections are too good to be true and point out that, unlike the rest of the world, China does not report positive test results if the person is asymptomatic.

Now, as restrictions on residents’ movements are eased in Wuhan, thousands of people are making the grim journey to funeral homes across the city to pick up their loved ones’ remains.

But residents doing so have reported huge queues and a six-hour wait to collect remains.

The true extent of the coronavirus epidemic in Wuhan may never be known, but in recent days, the full scale of the horror has begun to emerge.

Other articles - https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2020/03/27/asia-pacific/science-health-asia-pacific/china-corona-toll/#.XoNy06N7nRY

http://www.asianews.it/news-en/Wuhan,-endless-queues-for-ashes-of-coronavirus-dead-cast-doubts-on-numbers-49673.html

The CCP’s denial of access and misinformation to the WHO didn’t just delay international public response - but also fudged the 1) transmission data, 2) mortality risk. 

The “official” data of deaths and recovered doesn’t jibe with observable information re # of urns and persons displaced. 

I’ve said this in multiple threads. NO ONE IN E ASIA trusts the CCP. It is always some Chicom apologist from the west who goes around telling everyone how things are diff and they’re fans of Huawei. 

If the little don likes the dictators, it is all good.  Not.

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1

Why don't they just surreptitiously dump the ashes out the back where they'll blow away in the wind? Putting them into little urns that are loaded onto trucks by the thousand is just a photo op.

6 minutes ago, Mirror16 said:

Why don't they just surreptitiously dump the ashes out the back where they'll blow away in the wind? Putting them into little urns that are loaded onto trucks by the thousand is just a photo op.

Even the CCP has to manage public legitimacy- they’ve already made thousands of people disappear into dust, you can’t not return something in a Confucian society. 

38 minutes ago, Mirror16 said:

Why don't they just surreptitiously dump the ashes out the back where they'll blow away in the wind?

That might present a problem with those who want the remains of their loved ones.

17 hours ago, Jules said:

Just how well or how poorly has the reporting been about deaths from SARS-CoV-2 been?  This article might give some indication as to the answer.

Wuhan's Crematoriums Are Filling Thousands of Urns With Coronavirus Remains Each Day

Wuhan residents are waiting for hours in line to pick up the remains of their loved ones.

The Chinese government insists that the death toll from the coronavirus outbreak in Wuhan is 2,535. But last week, 5,000 urns were delivered to a single Wuhan crematorium in just two days.

The crematorium is one of seven in Wuhan.

China has declared victory over the outbreak and on Friday closed its borders to the rest of the world over fears of importing infections. But skeptics say reports of zero new infections are too good to be true and point out that, unlike the rest of the world, China does not report positive test results if the person is asymptomatic.

Now, as restrictions on residents’ movements are eased in Wuhan, thousands of people are making the grim journey to funeral homes across the city to pick up their loved ones’ remains.

But residents doing so have reported huge queues and a six-hour wait to collect remains.

The true extent of the coronavirus epidemic in Wuhan may never be known, but in recent days, the full scale of the horror has begun to emerge.

Other articles - https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2020/03/27/asia-pacific/science-health-asia-pacific/china-corona-toll/#.XoNy06N7nRY

http://www.asianews.it/news-en/Wuhan,-endless-queues-for-ashes-of-coronavirus-dead-cast-doubts-on-numbers-49673.html

This may surprise you, but there is more than one cause of death in this world.

Nearly 12 million people in Wuhan have been locked down for quite a few weeks, so the remains of the many thousands who died of causes other than "Da Carona" will still need to be picked up.

China's pre Carona death rate was 7.42/1000. That means , that in Wuhan, some 1700 people per week would normally die. After a 7 week lockdown, there should be about 12,000 dead people to cremate and stick in urns.

• Like 4

One wonders hoiw many political prisoners and others that just needed to go away got "covid" in the Chinese window of opportunity.

4 hours ago, dorydude said:

Wow. I had no idea.

The Chinese and North Koreans are such resilient people! 

4 hours ago, Jules said:

Wow. I had no idea.

Clearly not, otherwise you would have realised the article you posted was sensationalist nonsense.

• Like 1

The real issue is, no one can get independent accurate information on what Chinese government reports, on most things.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, dorydude said:

China's pre Carona death rate was 7.42/1000. That means , that in Wuhan, some 1700 people per week would normally die. After a 7 week lockdown, there should be about 12,000 dead people to cremate and stick in urns.

So, 7 crematoriums at 5000 urns per = 35,000 urns... 12,00 for normal deaths.... still leaves 23,000 for      something

There is a middle ground between sensationalist nonsense and <fingers in ears, la la la la la la la>

• Like 1

Published:
February 24, 2020 2:25 PM UTC

https://www.ccn.com/coronavirus-exiled-billionaire-says-china-burning-1200-bodies-a-day/

"Guo Wengui’s statements are getting grimmer by the day, and his latest one is even more shocking. His sources estimate that the CPC is using 40 portable incinerators to cremate 1,200 bodies a day in Wuhan: "

5 minutes ago, Weyalan said:

So, 7 crematoriums at 5000 urns per = 35,000 urns... 12,00 for normal deaths.... still leaves 23,000 for      something

There is a middle ground between sensationalist nonsense and <fingers in ears, la la la la la la la>

That is assuming some absolutely incredible efficiency and excess capacity for the crematoria.

BTW, it usually takes 2 hours to cremate a body and can take up to 5 hours. Do the math.

4 minutes ago, Keith said:
Published:
February 24, 2020 2:25 PM UTC

https://www.ccn.com/coronavirus-exiled-billionaire-says-china-burning-1200-bodies-a-day/

"Guo Wengui’s statements are getting grimmer by the day, and his latest one is even more shocking. His sources estimate that the CPC is using 40 portable incinerators to cremate 1,200 bodies a day in Wuhan: "

Exiled billionaire? I wonder how impartial he is?

I wonder if his "sources" can get photos of these incinerators. His "sources"  claim that these mythical "portable incinerators" are significantly more efficient than real crematoria.

I mentioned this somewhere else but I guess this is the right spot. Wuhan has a population of about 11 million. China has a death rate, ignoring COVID, of 7.4/1000. This means that about 81,400 people die there each year and almost all get cremated. I don't know Wuhan is cremation centre for Hubei (population 60 million) but I would assume that many people from the province get 'handled' in the big city. Crematoria capacity would be based on normal deaths so they would be stretched by COVID, but I don't see anything other than anecdotal evidence to suggest thousands of extra cremations. My wife follows Chinese media and she said that people could not pick up their loved one's remains until only a couple of days ago. The concern in China is not extra deaths beyond reports it is about making sure you get the right urn. Apparently record keeping may or may not be very good and veneration of ancestors is really important in China.

Look, believe what you like.

I can only point you to news reports, that don't back up the many things reported by China controlled media.

Coronavirus: Why have two reporters in Wuhan disappeared?

Coronavirus: China and the virus that threatens everything

By John Sudworth BBC News, Beijing
  • 11 February 2020

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-51449675

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8173363/Wuhan-doctor-went-public-spread-coronavirus-goes-missing.html

"Wuhan doctor who was among the first to alert other medics to the spread of coronavirus 'goes missing' amid fears she has been detained for speaking out"

China is reporting a bit over 81K cases.  Sure.  I totally believe that.

On 4/1/2020 at 2:43 AM, Jules said:

But skeptics say reports of zero new infections are too good to be true and point out that, unlike the rest of the world, China does not report positive test results if the person is asymptomatic.

To say that China does not report positive test results if the person is asymptomatic is only true after mid February at least.

The following numbers together with a lot of data was released by the Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention in the 3rd week of February for the 65 day period to 11 February.

Up until then there were 46K Confirmed Cases comprising 72K Total Cases with the difference classified as suspected, diagnosed or asymptomatic. The latter proportion a point of debate. At this point 1K deaths and CFR of a low 2.2%

After mid February it is abundantly clear two things occured. The death rate suddenly plummeted (curve suddenly flattened) and totals cases were no longer reported. Today 7 weeks or 50 days on only 83K Confirmed Cases and 3.3K deaths, albeit with higher total CFR of 3.8%.

It is therefore very safe to say current numbers are highly likely to be complete shit. The urn bit irelevant.

Most of the numbers are complete shit. Not just the Chinese ones..

Stanford U. Prof. of Medicine & Epidemiology:
Covid-19 is ‘evidence fiasco’ –
‘Official 3.4% [fatality] rate from WHO’ is ‘meaningless’ –
‘We are making decisions without reliable data’

https://www.statnews.com/2020/03/17/a-fiasco-in-the-making-as-the-coronavirus-pandemic-takes-hold-we-are-making-decisions-without-reliable-data/

Verity et al. (March 30, 2020) have estimated the (adjusted) case fatality ratio, infection fatality ratio, and proportion of infections requiring hospitalization:

Crude    Adjusted           Hospitalization
             CFR (%)  CFR (%)   IFR (%)  Rate (%)

0-9       0.000   0.00260   0.00161   0.00
    10-19     0.182   0.0148    0.00695   0.0408
    20-29     0.193   0.0600    0.0309    1.04
    30-39     0.237   0.146     0.0844    3.43
    40-49     0.443   0.295     0.161     4.25
    50-59     1.30    1.25      0.595     8.16
    60-69     3.60    3.99      1.93     11.8
    70-79     7.96    8.61      4.28     16.6
    80+      14.8    13.4       7.80     18.4

Total     2.29    1.38      0.657

3 hours ago, dorydude said:

Most of the numbers are complete shit.

Cases maybe but not deaths unless people are burying bodies at night or hiding dead relatives in basements. 

Dory why haven't you also told everyone here it is just a bad case of the flu. Don't be shy.

On 4/1/2020 at 5:47 PM, dorydude said:

Nearly 12 million people in Wuhan have been locked down for quite a few weeks, so the remains of the many thousands who died of causes other than "Da Carona" will still need to be picked up.

Hey dorydude

im sure the author of the article will hate you for suggesting facts should get in the way of a good story. People get older, the virus hasn’t changed that. It’s a bit like those who say the number of deaths from cancer is increasing. Fact with that one is we have cured so many diseases that used to get us, something else will. We just haven’t got round to curing the big ‘C’ yet.

8 hours ago, dorydude said:

Most of the numbers are complete shit. Not just the Chinese ones..

Stanford U. Prof. of Medicine & Epidemiology:
Covid-19 is ‘evidence fiasco’ –
‘Official 3.4% [fatality] rate from WHO’ is ‘meaningless’ –
‘We are making decisions without reliable data’

https://www.statnews.com/2020/03/17/a-fiasco-in-the-making-as-the-coronavirus-pandemic-takes-hold-we-are-making-decisions-without-reliable-data/

Verity et al. (March 30, 2020) have estimated the (adjusted) case fatality ratio, infection fatality ratio, and proportion of infections requiring hospitalization:

Crude    Adjusted           Hospitalization
             CFR (%)  CFR (%)   IFR (%)  Rate (%)

0-9       0.000   0.00260   0.00161   0.00
    10-19     0.182   0.0148    0.00695   0.0408
    20-29     0.193   0.0600    0.0309    1.04
    30-39     0.237   0.146     0.0844    3.43
    40-49     0.443   0.295     0.161     4.25
    50-59     1.30    1.25      0.595     8.16
    60-69     3.60    3.99      1.93     11.8
    70-79     7.96    8.61      4.28     16.6
    80+      14.8    13.4       7.80     18.4

Total     2.29    1.38      0.657

I bet you got caught with the old 'I won't come in your mouth' trick more than once. It only a a flu remember. 

'I stand to make a lot of money the longer this goes on' - Dorydude up thread. What a sad little dickhead you are.

On 4/3/2020 at 4:15 PM, LB 15 said:

I bet you got caught with the old 'I won't come in your mouth' trick more than once. It only a a flu remember. 

'I stand to make a lot of money the longer this goes on' - Dorydude up thread. What a sad little dickhead you are.

Once again you air your infantile intellect and lack of comprehension skills.

I stated that I totally oppose the current government policy even though I can probably do quite well out of it.

15 hours ago, dorydude said:

Once again you air your infantile intellect and lack of comprehension skills.

I stated that I totally oppose the current government policy even though I can probably do quite well out of it.

No you said the longer it goes on the more money you will make. But we would expect nothing else from you and your socks. I actually feel sorry for you - to be so needy as to make up an entire new persona just to pick shit fights on a forum at this time in history makes you a truly sad little cunt. But so I can feel really sorry for you how about you head outside and catch the 'Flu'. The world will miss many that this virus has taken. You would not be among them.

10 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

No you said the longer it goes on the more money you will make. But we would expect nothing else from you and your socks. I actually feel sorry for you - to be so needy as to make up an entire new persona just to pick shit fights on a forum at this time in history makes you a truly sad little cunt. But so I can feel really sorry for you how about you head outside and catch the 'Flu'. The world will miss many that this virus has taken. You would not be among them.

Big swing and miss there, dummy. I only have a single SA account.

Again , your comprehension problems come to light. I said I am currently in a good financial position. Whether or not that will equate to a benefit to me is beyond my control and not guaranteed.

On 4/3/2020 at 6:45 AM, dorydude said:

Most of the numbers are complete shit.

On 4/1/2020 at 7:47 PM, dorydude said:

So Dory the numbers are shit and people die.

How many of these other deaths you speak of have sailmakers making body bags??

This one in Hamble in the UK.

FB_IMG_1586041684661.thumb.jpg.879700aff3d68b7e577bdabb23e8b83a.jpg

To be clear - tracking deaths from covid in the middle of the pandemic is hard. China may be fudging it, or might just have bad numbers. 

See the statistical analysis in a small town in Italy, based on historical death rates for March vs March 2020. Did they all die of Covid-19 or was the medical system overwhelmed, or did they catch covid-19 at the hospital? https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2020-04-01/coronavirus-italy-shows-we-may-be-underestimating-death-toll

Similarly, I don't have the reference now handy but IIRC the stats at the time of the 2009 H1N1 in USA were wildly under-reporting cases and deaths. A summary report couple years later got the right numbers and they were much higher.

It's just f'ing hard; and I tend not to attribute to malice what can be safely credited to stupidity... or just the practical limitations of a hard, confusing, fast moving reality.

5 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

So Dory the numbers are shit and people die.

How many of these other deaths you speak of have sailmakers making body bags??

This one in Hamble in the UK.

FB_IMG_1586041684661.thumb.jpg.879700aff3d68b7e577bdabb23e8b83a.jpg

Oh, empty body bags...how frightening!

Here's some food for thought. Real figures from NZ.

Remember most of these infections would have occurred BEFORE the lock down.

Hospitals are closed to all but the most urgent cases. All for.....10 patients!!!

So much for a deadly pandemic with exponential growth.

91984965_10158419450339273_8804715078860406784_o.jpg

Well its confirmed, your an idiot.

But hey carry on, no ones stopping you.

27 minutes ago, dorydude said:

Oh, empty body bags...how frightening!

Here's some food for thought. Real figures from NZ.

What if a bag has your name on it are you then frightened?

You should take your NZ figures (I presume they exclude sheep) and go to a hospital in Milan, London or New York and show them you have the answer. 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

33 minutes ago, Keith said:

Well its confirmed, your an idiot.

But hey carry on, no ones stopping you.

It's "you're". Best to spell better if you are going to call someone an idiot.

BTW ...Aussie figures:

291,000 tested.

5635 positive tests

34 dead.

That makes less than 2% of the tested people and .022% of the population infected.

Why trash the economy?

4 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

What if a bag has your name on it are you then frightened?

You should take your NZ figures (I presume they exclude sheep) and go to a hospital in Milan, London or New York and show them you have the answer. 

Yeah, yeah.

US TV networks are showing footage of Italian ICUs and claiming they are American hospitals. The same US stations are claiming that there are long queues at hospitals for testing and it is basically mayhem, yet when people go there , the hospitals are near deserted...

Also remember that almost no autopsies are being carried out. If you have symptoms of "Da Carona" when you are in hospital, then that's what you die of. Not the terminal cancer or serious cardiovascular disease, nor the ravages of your previous 95 years of life.

It's just "Da Carona".

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, dorydude said:

Yeah, yeah.

US TV networks are showing footage of Italian ICUs and claiming they are American hospitals. ....

Did you note the undated footage?? Go look at her Vid warning 5G will kill everyone.

Anyway hotfoot it to NY and not London or Milan to confirm you theory with NZ data. Seems you will nail it there.

32 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

• Downvote 1

16 minutes ago, dorydude said:

It's "you're". Best to spell better if you are going to call someone an idiot.

BTW ...Aussie figures:

291,000 tested.

5635 positive tests

34 dead.

That makes less than 2% of the tested people and .022% of the population infected.

Why trash the economy?

Well most people want to save lives.

That's the priority here.

Its ok,  I understand you just don't get it.

Stay inside and stay safe.

Don't be spreader. 

5 minutes ago, Keith said:

Well most people want to save lives.

That's the priority here.

Its ok,  I understand you just don't get it.

Stay inside and stay safe.

Don't be spreader. 

Save lives from a caronavirus?

Why is that a priority now?

Seasonal caronaviruses ( called the flu) kill around 600,000 - 1,000,000 people each and every year.

We don't shut down the world for that do we?

The NZ Prime Minister said today that they have only 25% of the cases that were predicted . The guesswork has been appalling.

• Like 1

OK, you're extra stupid.

Happy now?

Stay inside and stay safe

Don't be a spreader.

8 minutes ago, dorydude said:

Save lives from a caronavirus?

Why is that a priority now?

Seasonal caronaviruses ( called the flu) kill around 600,000 - 1,000,000 people each and every year.

Hey Fucko even when you are given this WHO stat you still keep that I million flu deaths lie going. You really should STFU.

The WHO estimates that between 290,000 and 650,000 respiratory deaths globally each year are associated with seasonal influenza.

• Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

Hey Fucko even when you are given this WHO stat you still keep that I million flu deaths lie going. You really should STFU.

The WHO estimates that between 290,000 and 650,000 respiratory deaths globally each year are associated with seasonal influenza.

You stick with your ESTIMATES then.

5 minutes ago, dorydude said:

I haven't made any estimates. I simply repeat those from experts. You are the man saying this is just a bad flu and pulling estimates out of your arse.

• Downvote 1

5 hours ago, martin 'hoff said:

To be clear - tracking deaths from covid in the middle of the pandemic is hard. China may be fudging it, or might just have bad numbers. 

See the statistical analysis in a small town in Italy, based on historical death rates for March vs March 2020. Did they all die of Covid-19 or was the medical system overwhelmed, or did they catch covid-19 at the hospital? https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2020-04-01/coronavirus-italy-shows-we-may-be-underestimating-death-toll ....

To add some precision repeat "some" to your note about Italian stats. Bergamo is around 30 mile outside Milan in Nth Italy a small outlying city of 120,000.

- A treatable disease where around 20% of cases require hospitalisation and of that around half requiring ICU and of that the majority with either preconditions or the elderly or both. Health systems being overwhelmed is the killer not the virus in reality and where potential death rates for those below 50 years of age spikes compared to influenza with around a 10% fatality rate of all admissions.

- Bergamo modern health facilities in two main hospitals. The 1,200 bed ASST Ospedale Papa Giovanni XXIII (Pope John XXIII) and 311 bed Humanitas Gavazzeni.

- That is over 7.5 beds/1,000 people (excl those outside the city area). That is around twice the national average of 3.6 beds/1000. 

- Italy has one of if not fittest country in world rankings and oldest life expectancy and age demographic in Europe. The latter then becomes an issue with respiratory pandemics.

- Italy were slow to respond, but quicker than say the US and UK.

- Eleven municipalities in northern Italy were identified as the centres of the two main Italian clusters, Bergamo one. 

- Italy has two Patient Zero's with neither having contact with Chinese Italian tourists, but resident Chinese Nationals, one in Italy and one in Germany. Italy Patient Zero - Codogno and  Italy Patient Zero - Germany I mention that as it has been said an high influx of Chinese tourists was the basis to Italy's infection rate. It wasn't if winter Nth Italy wasn't a giveaway.

- The Italians know the time and place of the epicentre being Bergamo.

Soccer Game - Milan - 40,000 Fans - Made Bergamo Italy's Coronavirus Epicenter

Match was held two days before the first case of locally transmitted COVID-19 was confirmed in Italy. Over one-third of Bergamo’s population made the short trip to Milan’s San Siro Stadium or Sports Bars in Milan for a home game.  Also a twist is a Patient Zero- Codogno connection with police who attended neighbouring Lodi Hospital (overflow from Codogno) after a high speed train crash also attended the football match. In short the Perfect Storm.

- To date over 60 Italian Health Care workers have died in Italy, many from Bergamo.

That background may help fill in some pieces when considering Italian data.

IMG_20200405_180848.jpg

3 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

Thats funny WACKO.

Look  who is cherry picking now.

.......respiratory deaths globally......

How about including deaths other than RESPIRATORY.

Renal Failure for instance.

Quick , start Googling.

2 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

I haven't made any estimates. I simply repeat those from experts. You are the man saying this is just a bad flu and pulling estimates out of your arse.

Uh huh, the same WHO experts that said the Avian flu was going to be a terrible pandemic? Turned out to be a mild flu season.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, MRS OCTOPUS said:

Thats funny WACKO.

Look  who is cherry picking now.

.......respiratory deaths globally......

How about including deaths other than RESPIRATORY.

Renal Failure for instance.

Quick , start Googling.

Cherry picking?? Other than Respiratory?? Did you miss the words "respiratory associated with seasonal influenza."????

Dory didn't mention renal failure only the caronaviruses/flu globally and with no cite? What about elderly hookers with a cold having heart attacks?

Have you been drinking 8 Clunts? Now in Troll mode coming over here?

3 hours ago, dorydude said:

...Seasonal caronaviruses ( called the flu) kill around 600,000 - 1,000,000 people each and every year...

3 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

...The WHO estimates that between 290,000 and 650,000 respiratory deaths globally each year are associated with seasonal influenza.

2 hours ago, dorydude said:

2 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

23 minutes ago, dorydude said:

Uh huh, the same WHO experts that said the Avian flu was going to be a terrible pandemic? Turned out to be a mild flu season.

No Dude...you do love the shit fuckery don't you...more than WHO experts. Experts from 153 of 155 countries with it that disagree with you saying it's just a bad flu and no authoritive cite for your 1 million flu deaths. Troll.

• Downvote 1

You all all velly funny. I am high oficial of Chinese governments. We halve had 2.78 deafs in total. That is offshael. Not 2.36 moe.

Interestingly an Australia ABC reporter in China reporting on the reduction of lock down measures said over 1000 new cases today.  Not seeing that reflected anywhere.

39 minutes ago, SCARECROW said:

Interestingly an Australia ABC reporter in China reporting on the reduction of lock down measures said over 1000 new cases today.  Not seeing that reflected anywhere.

They are reporting less than 1k...breaking news?

2 hours ago, TDTW said:

Interesting article about what is officially record as a covid-19 death in Madrid and what is actually going on. Again there is another govt lying. 

https://english.elpais.com/spanish_news/2020-04-08/coronavirus-deaths-in-madrid-could-be-3000-above-official-figures.html

Not lying.

That is happening most countries in differing degrees. The reason is simple and is on how fatality stats are collected.

- Hospital deaths immediate virus data.

- Outside hospital is death certificates recieved by Govt statistician that show virus cause of death. That cause where little or no clinical assessment, may well not be marked as virus. This group comes from home deaths and nursing homes deaths etc. Multiple deaths in same nursing homes same day/week very common so big numbers.

So which she group is virus hitting the hardest and which age group not even making hospitals when they are swamped?

Hey presto official numbers will be understated, not necessarily lying governments.

1 hour ago, jack_sparrow said:

Not lying.

That is happening most countries in differing degrees. The reason is simple and is on how fatality stats are collected.

- Hospital deaths immediate virus data.

- Outside hospital is death certificates recieved by Govt statistician that show virus cause of death. That cause where little or no clinical assessment, may well not be marked as virus. This group comes from home deaths and nursing homes deaths etc. Multiple deaths in same nursing homes same day/week very common so big numbers.

So which she group is virus hitting the hardest and which age group not even making hospitals when they are swamped?

Hey presto official numbers will be understated, not necessarily lying governments.

I’m afraid my friend, the Spanish socialist/communist coalition have been lying from the outset! And that is just one for the very grave crimes they have committed and will be charged with. But that is for another topic, maybe political anarchy. 

43 minutes ago, TDTW said:

I’m afraid my friend, the Spanish socialist/communist coalition have been lying from the outset!

That may well be for the Spanish but a lot of other Govt aren't where real and stats don't match.

That is very unfortunate and a total scandal. Lack of transparency will be the demise of which ever country. 

2 hours ago, TDTW said:

That is very unfortunate and a total scandal. Lack of transparency will be the demise of which ever country. 

It's not a scandal and totally transparent. It is non hospital fatality stats taking longer to process as explained in detail for you.

So China found another 1200 previously unreported deaths yesterday.  I wonder how many more they will find and what checking mechanism lead to them being reported.

On 4/5/2020 at 7:26 PM, jack_sparrow said:

No Dude...you do love the shit fuckery don't you...more than WHO experts. Experts from 153 of 155 countries with it that disagree with you saying it's just a bad flu and no authoritive cite for your 1 million flu deaths. Troll.

Shit fuckery?

You are hysterical and wrong

1./A new serological study by Stanford University found antibodies in 50 to 85 times more people than previously thought in Santa Clara County, California, resulting in a Covid-19 lethality of 0.12% to 0.2% or even lower (i.e. in the range of severe influenza).

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.04.14.20062463v1

In a new analysis, the Centre for Evidence-Based Medicine (CEBM) at the University of Oxford argues that the lethality of covid19 (IFR) is between 0.1% and 0.36% (i.e. in the range of a severe influenza). In people over 70 years of age with no serious preconditions, the mortality rate is expected to be less than 1%. For people over 80 years of age, the mortality rate is between 3% and 15%, depending on whether deaths so far were mainly with or from by the disease. In contrast to influenza, child mortality is close to zero. With regard to the high mortality rate in Northern Italy, the research group points out that Italy has the highest antibiotic resistance in Europe. In fact, data from the Italian authorities show that around 80% of the deceased were treated with antibiotics, indicating bacterial superinfections.

https://www.cebm.net/covid-19/global-covid-19-case-fatality-rates/

The Finnish epidemiology professor Mikko Paunio from the University of Helsinki has evaluated several international studies in a working paper and comes to a Covid19 lethality (IFR) of 0.1% or less (i.e. in the area of seasonal influenza). According to Paunio, the impression of a higher lethality was created because the virus spread very quickly, especially in multi-generation households in Italy and Spain, but also in cities like New York. The „lockdown“ measures had come too late and had not been effective.

https://lockdownsceptics.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/How-the-World-got-Fooled-by-COVID-ed-2c.pdf

That Finnish MD/Professor seems also a Prof in economics and environmental science.

I leave it to our SA Prof. @jack_sparrow to investigate this guy further, but this talk might give you an idea:

He is also prominent in the American Counsel of Science and Health, with it's own highly conflicted interests.

2 hours ago, dorydude said:

Shit fuckery?

You are hysterical and wrong

1./A new serological study by Stanford University found antibodies in 50 to 85 times more people than previously thought in Santa Clara County, California, resulting in a Covid-19 lethality of 0.12% to 0.2% or even lower (i.e. in the range of severe influenza).

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.04.14.20062463v1

In a new analysis, the Centre for Evidence-Based Medicine (CEBM) at the University of Oxford argues that the lethality of covid19 (IFR) is between 0.1% and 0.36% (i.e. in the range of a severe influenza). In people over 70 years of age with no serious preconditions, the mortality rate is expected to be less than 1%. For people over 80 years of age, the mortality rate is between 3% and 15%, depending on whether deaths so far were mainly with or from by the disease. In contrast to influenza, child mortality is close to zero. With regard to the high mortality rate in Northern Italy, the research group points out that Italy has the highest antibiotic resistance in Europe. In fact, data from the Italian authorities show that around 80% of the deceased were treated with antibiotics, indicating bacterial superinfections.

https://www.cebm.net/covid-19/global-covid-19-case-fatality-rates/

The Finnish epidemiology professor Mikko Paunio from the University of Helsinki has evaluated several international studies in a working paper and comes to a Covid19 lethality (IFR) of 0.1% or less (i.e. in the area of seasonal influenza). According to Paunio, the impression of a higher lethality was created because the virus spread very quickly, especially in multi-generation households in Italy and Spain, but also in cities like New York. The „lockdown“ measures had come too late and had not been effective.

https://lockdownsceptics.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/How-the-World-got-Fooled-by-COVID-ed-2c.pdf

ETfVDc5WkAQj6VE.jpeg.48011d1c8ace8bea64e8ceac3de7bb5e.jpeg

"The Finnish epidemiology professor Mikko Paunio from the University of Helsinki"

The same Milko Paunio whose opening paragraph of his paper is;

"World Health Organization has spread fear of COVID-19 without knowing the actual circulation rate of the virus. I calculated the SARS-CoV-2 infection fatality rate...."

So the world doesn't know the true circulation rate yet (which is probably true) but he does.

Say no more. Dorydick I can see why you latched onto him ..he is another it's "only a bad flu" boy like you.

IMG_20200412_202231.thumb.jpg.1affa4571eb5ef26ebcdaee957598bd4.jpg

5 minutes ago, SCARECROW said:

they've started closing businesses in Beijing again:

Fitness businesses first to close last to open rule broken.

Opening fitness business a world wide issue. Some are not being allowed to open with others with lockdown softening.. 

On 4/18/2020 at 7:06 PM, jack_sparrow said:

IMG_20200412_202231.thumb.jpg.1affa4571eb5ef26ebcdaee957598bd4.jpg

This could still turn out to be true, I doubt it though. It would certainly be a best case scenario. The fact of the matter is nobody knows anything with any confidence about this virus so anybody saying they do is a liar. 

25 minutes ago, SCARECROW said:

China have it under control and new cases are down to small numbers without any sign of a new wave in the reported data and yet they've started closing businesses in Beijing again:

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/22/beijing-city-shuts-down-gyms-again-fears-of-second-coronavirus-wave.html

dont believe a word of it.

42 minutes ago, Mark Set said:

The fact of the matter is nobody knows anything with any confidence about this virus so anybody saying they do is a liar. 

dont believe a word of it.

Couldn't agree more as to China stats and to "cause of death" stats from some countries only partially counting and or COD not properly representative.

Clinically it's characteristics are nothing like the flu, that is very well known. Also medical staff don't die in large numbers from the flu.

The only accurate means at the moment on true virus death count is excess mortality over the norm for all deaths. 

For instance UK say 16K virus deaths yet their excess mortality over the norm indicates that virus deaths should be north of 25K or is being under-reported by 60%.

EWIkf_yXsAUnAt8.jpeg.1bb626742d1cb57190424b07671dc37c.jpeg

On 4/1/2020 at 2:43 AM, Jules said:

[…]

The death rate in China from all causes is about 7.13 per 1,000. That means that over 9 million Chinese die every year from various causes, or about 25,000 per day.

Wuhan has about 11 million people, at the average death rate about 79,000 can be expected to die each year, or about 220/day. At that rate, 5,000 urns will last a little over 3 weeks, so really that's JIT.

Apparently there are about 7 crematoriums, so even if they were all getting lots of urns, it doesn't really point to a huge increase in deaths beyond the official number (though likely there have been).

And even if there are a lot more deaths, what's the point? Does it somehow excuse the very high numbers in some western countries that should have done a better job of containing the virus?