Jules

Do You Ever Feel Pissed At Those Who Ignore Medical Advisories?

Recommended Posts

There's a small percentage of people who are doing whatever they feel like doing while the bulk of the population is giving up a whole hell of a lot to be responsible and not spread this virus.

Today I'm at the grocery store and while talking to the heroic lady at the register I hear her say some of the customers have bragged about completely ignoring the CDC and any other medical advice and are doing whatever they feel like doing.

My blood started boiling.  I wanted to take those assholes by the throat and tell them, "Listen you selfish fuck!  I'm not giving up my life so you can do whatever the hell you please!" 

Anyone else feel like this?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yup. The incubation time is anywhere from 2-10 days. Usually first onset of symptoms to hospitalization is 7-10. 
 

Most folks who don’t need medical intervention need 2-3 weeks to clear the disease at home. 

If everyone remains quarantined for 3 weeks + disease progression, the world would be fine in basically under a month 

but the world is a mess, people are selfish and stupid and in denial and organizations and authorities lied  

My partner is a clinician and to avoid transmission we made the decision I’ll be quarantined at home since March 12. She does her job. I stay quarantined. If she becomes positive? We’re quarantined together. 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems about 50/50 here in suburban VA. People that aren’t distancing seem to think it’s a political ploy... subsequently more restrictions rain down on us honest folk for the rest to continue to do as they please....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes I do because its not fair on those who have to take care of them when they get sick with the increasingly limited resources that we have.

Put bluntly, its not fair on everyone else...... and it is F##king unfair  on healthcare professionals who are having to make extraordinary painful triage decisions.

This is the first time I have used the F word on SA. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, EYESAILOR said:

Yes I do because its not fair on those who have to take care of them when they get sick with the increasingly limited resources that we have.

Put bluntly, its not fair on everyone else...... and it is F##king unfair  on healthcare professionals who are having to make extraordinary painful triage decisions.

This is the first time I have used the F word on SA. 

Fuck yes.

First time I've used it here in like...an hour.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When do the shootings start?  Will it be televised?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Miffy said:

Yup. The incubation time is anywhere from 2-10 days. Usually first onset of symptoms to hospitalization is 7-10. 

A couple of 70+ year olds walk into my SO's business and say they feel fine and are being careful.

A guy walks in and says he thinks he might of had it but feels fine now.

Too many others completely ignore the social distancing.

Yesterday neighbors invited me to join them at the cul-de-sac for a social distancing gathering, just to take the edge off the isolation.  I didn't go because every day my SO comes home with stories like above and I have no idea if I'm infected or not. 

It sucked remaining in isolation but it was better than finding out later you might have infected someone because some asshole who was infected came into contact with the SO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Jules said:

There's a small percentage of people who are doing whatever they feel like doing while the bulk of the population is giving up a whole hell of a lot to be responsible and not spread this virus.

Today I'm at the grocery store and while talking to the heroic lady at the register I hear her say some of the customers have bragged about completely ignoring the CDC and any other medical advice and are doing whatever they feel like doing.

My blood started boiling.  I wanted to take those assholes by the throat and tell them, "Listen you selfish fuck!  I'm not giving up my life so you can do whatever the hell you please!" 

Anyone else feel like this?

I do but I am reminded of the Bible verse”the stupid, selfish, and assholes will always be among you.”  At least I think it is in the Bible.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had this over a month ago in mid February before it was even announced that it was in America. Hard coughing and difficulty breathing at night. I had no idea that it was more than a bad Athsma attack. I stayed away from the family in case it was a cold...
 

Once I heard what the symptoms were in early March, I stayed away from people and didn’t even hug or kiss my kids. Any old or sick person will be seriously hurt by this. I thought I was suffocating.

Since March 12th I’ve been living with my Dad and brother since my wife didn’t want me going to work on my Dad’s home and bringing anything back to get her or the girls sick. One daughter has a heart thing which makes medicating her for fever or other illness a challenge. I miss my kids so much and have only seen them once since outside on our lawn for about 15 minutes to watch them play with their pet chickens. No hugs or kisses in over 3 weeks. :(
been biding my time working around the property, messing with the little boat and making all the meals for Dad since brother was sick in bed for a week with the flu. Luckily he recovered. Not letting him near Dad or the food supply until next week. 

 

Meanwhile, 

My sister(who had her nursing license revoked last year) is out every day shopping and visiting friends. She lives across the street from my Dad and I banned her from here weeks ago. She is the Typhoid Mary of our area and I can’t let her kill my Dad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, jerseyguy said:

I do but I am reminded of the Bible verse”the stupid, selfish, and assholes will always be among you.”  At least I think it is in the Bible.

Or at least should be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sail4beer said:

I had this over a month ago in mid February before it was even announced that it was in America. Hard coughing and difficulty breathing at night. I had no idea that it was more than a bad Athsma attack. I stayed away from the family in case it was a cold...
 

Once I heard what the symptoms were in early March, I stayed away from people and didn’t even hug or kiss my kids. Any old or sick person will be seriously hurt by this. I thought I was suffocating.

Since March 12th I’ve been living with my Dad and brother since my wife didn’t want me going to work on my Dad’s home and bringing anything back to get her or the girls sick. One daughter has a heart thing which makes medicating her for fever or other illness a challenge. I miss my kids so much and have only seen them once since outside on our lawn for about 15 minutes to watch them play with their pet chickens. No hugs or kisses in over 3 weeks. :(
been biding my time working around the property, messing with the little boat and making all the meals for Dad since brother was sick in bed for a week with the flu. Luckily he recovered. Not letting him near Dad or the food supply until next week. 

 

Meanwhile, 

My sister(who had her nursing license revoked last year) is out every day shopping and visiting friends. She lives across the street from my Dad and I banned her from here weeks ago. She is the Typhoid Mary of our area and I can’t let her kill my Dad.

My brother lives just south of you in Lanoka Harbor.  His wife has Parkinson’s and his son is immunocompromised.  Keep your sister well north of him.  Thanks.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bristol-Cruiser said:
52 minutes ago, jerseyguy said:

I do but I am reminded of the Bible verse”the stupid, selfish, and assholes will always be among you.”  At least I think it is in the Bible.

Or at least should be.

I thick ist in the Hopatcong Verssione!                                   :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm surrounded by Faux News watchers. They are absolutely not taking this seriously. They are also mostly older.

I was pissed until I realized that ignorance and stupidity in this case is naturally self-limiting. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I found a couple of old n95 masks in the garage left over from boat building, sterilized them (hope I did it right) and wore one to get mail and the post office and gas, along with gloves.  The hostility from 25% of people was palpable, verbally and non verbally.  80% would ask if I was ok, and when said yes, just being careful, doing my part, they’d look thoughtful, but a bit embarrassed.  5% are masked, or bandana’d, etc, and wave or nod.  Yes I get pissed at the 25%, but I’ve got to cowboy up until it’s accepted, and no one reacts.  The 25% are clumped in groups etc etc.

heres something that everyone should see - it’s animated, so follow the dates, and the red bar that appears after a few seconds

https://public.flourish.studio/visualisation/1727839/

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DustyDreamer said:

I'm surrounded by Faux News watchers. They are absolutely not taking this seriously. They are also mostly older.

I was pissed until I realized that ignorance and stupidity in this case is naturally self-limiting. 

Careful they don’t limit you-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh hell, I’ll post this anyway-  if you can’t get a real mask another way, at least this seems an intelligent response- here are some, ill follow it with the rest

CB5DE97A-E6F3-4739-BB32-CE6597EF0ED3.jpeg

E419FD38-F941-425D-ABE6-96337BC10931.jpeg

498C7403-AFC3-4A0A-8078-2281D6A607E9.jpeg

D9F8E275-D58C-42FE-B39F-FD72B65AB3EA.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Amati said:

Careful they don’t limit you-

It's not like I hung out with these people before all this. Plus my wife is of asian descent. So there might at some point be a mob with pitchforks coming to run us out of town, but until then I suspect they'll stay away. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here are the rest

 

34C72E07-E6FD-4F17-9CB7-AAD8CE0BB922.jpeg

203B151F-3AB8-41B7-85E9-98D7115619E2.jpeg

8CC4D437-37C2-40B5-A167-7DCD4E2A2E14.jpeg

E07076C4-8CC8-4504-B903-35349195273C.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DustyDreamer said:

It's not like I hung out with these people before all this. Plus my wife is of asian descent. So there might at some point be a mob with pitchforks coming to run us out of town, but until then I suspect they'll stay away. 

When I wear a mask and gloves,the local Trumpistas tend to freeze in place.  They literally stop moving.  Some don’t even talk among themselves.  But that’s Washington State? The people fleeing here from other states are the ones who have the attitude-  ‘I don’t need to do all this crap because it isn’t here’ b.s.

Is there still Asian paranoia where you are?  Seems like that moment might have passed- unless it gets whipped up.  But cough from behind a mask?  I’m thinking of getting a couple of t shirts made up that say something like ‘6 foot nation’  or ‘stay the fuck away’.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Amati said:

Is there still Asian paranoia where you are?  

I haven't been off my property in 17 days and only talked to a couple of local people, neither of whom have their heads in Faux News. So I don't really know. But we have encountered discrimination here with some frequency over the years. Some subtle, some very much not - like my wife getting refused service at the grocery store one time.

As was known perfectly well when that idiot crossed out "Coronavirus" for "China virus", some deep seated racism is just being (re) tapped as a convenient distraction. Will it fade? I dunno... but I'd be lying if I said it wasn't very much on our minds. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To answer the OP question, "Do You Ever Feel Pissed At Those Who Ignore Medical Advisories?" 

Yes. Every time I see that fat, stupid, orange-faced dip-shit of a POTUS on television, I don't just feel pissed, I get pissed.

Notice that I did not use the F-word. :lol:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm pissed at the idiot Mayor and Health Commissioner of NYC who were telling the people to ignore the warnings and go to parties, use the subway, and attend parades. Then the denizens of the petri dish they created feel a god-given right to go to their vacation homes and carry this shit to places that would otherwise not have it.  DeBlasio should be put on trial for mass murder.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cruisin Loser said:

I'm pissed at the idiot Mayor and Health Commissioner of NYC who were telling the people to ignore the warnings and go to parties, use the subway, and attend parades. Then the denizens of the petri dish they created feel a god-given right to go to their vacation homes and carry this shit to places that would otherwise not have it.  DeBlasio should be put on trial for mass murder.

I just took a quick look at an article in the National Review about this:

https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/03/the-timeline-of-how-bill-de-blasio-prepared-new-york-city-for-the-coronavirus/

It doesn't sound like NYC was behind the Feds or other states. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some people don’t get it period. These folk are bussing between Lakewood, NJ and Brooklyn, NY daily, putting thousands of lives at risk.

6 Rabbis in Lakewood have died in the past week. Many more to come. 

404F6D47-AEE6-4971-A452-46E665D17DF9.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/31/2020 at 10:24 PM, EYESAILOR said:

Yes I do because its not fair on those who have to take care of them when they get sick with the increasingly limited resources that we have.

Put bluntly, its not fair on everyone else...... and it is F##king unfair  on healthcare professionals who are having to make extraordinary painful triage decisions.

This is the first time I have used the F word on SA. 

I'm glad I was here for this historic occasion

And I agree, with the sentiment and with the justification for dropping the F bomb

- DSK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/1/2020 at 1:24 PM, Amati said:

 

E07076C4-8CC8-4504-B903-35349195273C.jpeg

 

I chuckled .

Thank you !

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/2/2020 at 7:45 PM, Sail4beer said:

 

6 Rabbis in Lakewood have died in the past week. Many more to come. 

 

As a jew I only feel a little bad saying 'the more the merrier.'  Anyone putting themselves in a crowd now deserves the fruit of their labors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Laurent said:

 

I chuckled .

Thank you !

The blessing of good art museums-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/1/2020 at 2:53 PM, Amati said:

When I wear a mask and gloves,the local Trumpistas tend to freeze in place.  They literally stop moving.  Some don’t even talk among themselves.  But that’s Washington State? The people fleeing here from other states are the ones who have the attitude-  ‘I don’t need to do all this crap because it isn’t here’ b.s.

Is there still Asian paranoia where you are?  Seems like that moment might have passed- unless it gets whipped up.  But cough from behind a mask?  I’m thinking of getting a couple of t shirts made up that say something like ‘6 foot nation’  or ‘stay the fuck away’.

 

Go to danpatric.com...  they selling shirts like that w all proceeds going to coved groups + hospitals.  . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, MR.CLEAN said:

As a jew I only feel a little bad saying 'the more the merrier.'  Anyone putting themselves in a crowd now deserves the fruit of their labors.

I was accused of anti semitism on the thread I started. Any common sense would prevent a lot of coming death. 165 cases of the virus at our local hospital- all Hasidic. They won’t stop walking around and touching each other, equipment, etc since they feel healthy enough to walk around.

Spreading it because they know nothing but the Torah and doing as their Rabbi says. It’s culturally embedded and this pandemic won’t change that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sail4beer said:

I was accused of anti semitism on the thread I started. Any common sense would prevent a lot of coming death. 165 cases of the virus at our local hospital- all Hasidic. They won’t stop walking around and touching each other, equipment, etc since they feel healthy enough to walk around.

Spreading it because they know nothing but the Torah and doing as their Rabbi says. It’s culturally embedded and this pandemic won’t change that.

I might not cha ge them but it might also kill them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They are inbred or inter bred in a small genetic pool that takes in no outside DNA so some are a medical dilemma from day one. We have the Amish and polygamist Mormons that operate the same way...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A sensitive topic at area specialist hospitals in SE PA involves the Amish (and other inbred communities). There are certain medical syndromes which present at statistical significance in those populations. These are things you learn from hanging around certain places. Interestingly, there are other syndromes which ordinary people *assume* are genetically induced but which are not at all...

Then there is the weird business about how in-breeding occurs being important to whether problems wash out of the population: cross-cousins versus parallel cousins (these are terms unknown to us because they have no social significance to us but they do matter to certain traditional societies For instance the Fierce People of the Neotropical Rainforest).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Sail4beer said:

They are inbred or inter bred in a small genetic pool that takes in no outside DNA so some are a medical dilemma from day one. We have the Amish and polygamist Mormons that operate the same way...

we have the wide swaths of the south that operate that way

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Appalachia and parts of the Deep South loves them some close relations.

-insert banjo soundtrack and family wet tee shirt contest videos-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Banjos are known to have greater fecundity than people. Don't ever leave a banjo unattended. You are likely to find 2 or three more in the coming days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/1/2020 at 9:51 AM, jerseyguy said:

I do but I am reminded of the Bible verse”the stupid, selfish, and assholes will always be among you.”  At least I think it is in the Bible.

Page 34, after dousing spinnakers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now