Sign in to follow this  
Foreverslow

dump runs

Just got a message from our county refuse folks.

They are starting limit what they take, along with days you can go.

Evidently everyone and his brother is using this down time to knock off their projects list including cleaning the basement/garage which is causing large loads at transfer stations they cannot keep up with.

If you are one of those planning on doing the same, suggest you start soon before you have this huge pile of stuff to shitcan and no place to take it..

But it’s only Flu according to you, why all the fuss? 

• Like 1

not my call Ace.

I am just trying to give some of you a heads up.

Was at the transfer station last night offloading all the empty cardboard boxes from sporting clays after being RSO on the skeet and trap fields all day

The island looks like one giant yard work and home renovation party. I walked the dog to the beach and back and it seemed like every other house had the whole family out working on something. The nursery looked as crowded as ever when I drove by earlier, desire for plants seems > fear of death.

* poor old dog doesn't understand the whole social distance thing, she want to cross the street and visit dogs going the other way and she can't anymore :(

Going to the dump is an adventure in paranoia, fear, and anger.  We showed up with gloves and homemade masks.  The guy taking money was wearing gloves and a mask.  We payed with exact change.  He told us how glad he was that we were taking it seriously.  We told him we were glad he and his employer were taking it seriously.  It was nice.  What was strange was the hostility from ungloved, unmasked folks around us.  Like “Why are you wearing that mask?’  I answered we were trying to do our part.  Got a lot of impatient head shaking.  There was another guy wearing a diy mask.  We made eye contact and nodded.  But other than that he was keeping his head down.  No matter how much I make a point of wearing a mask out side the house, I always feel embarrassed when I come back to the house and disinfect.  Thank god fear is pricking me on.  Being downwind of anybody, even 6 to 20 feet is beginning to freak me out.  If you can smell a cigar 20 feet downwind, why is 6’ considered effective for aerosolized human breath?   

Maybe not

https://www.accuweather.com/en/health-wellness/is-6-feet-enough-for-social-distancing-maybe-not-says-mit-professor/713163

11 minutes ago, Amati said:

Going to the dump is an adventure in paranoia, fear, and anger.  We showed up with gloves and homemade masks.  The guy taking money was wearing gloves and a mask.  We payed with exact change.  He told us how glad he was that we were taking it seriously.  We told him we were glad he and his employer were taking it seriously.  It was nice.  What was strange was the hostility from ungloved, unmasked folks around us.  Like “Why are you wearing that mask?’  I answered we were trying to do our part.  Got a lot of impatient head shaking.  There was another guy wearing a diy mask.  We made eye contact and nodded.  But other than that he was keeping his head down.  No matter how much I make a point of wearing a mask out side the house, I always feel embarrassed when I come back to the house and disinfect.  Thank god fear is pricking me on.  Being downwind of anybody, even 6 to 20 feet is beginning to freak me out.  If you can smell a cigar 20 feet downwind, why is 6’ considered effective for aerosolized human breath?   

Interesting reading in NYT.

The arrosol thing is a hypothrsis not a known fact.

Very easy to become paranoid

2 hours ago, fastyacht said:

Interesting reading in NYT.

The arrosol thing is a hypothrsis not a known fact.

Very easy to become paranoid

What are known facts?

That people sneeze, cough and spit germs that are killing people.

Brother’s girlfriend skipped a ski trip to Europe last month with her 5 girlfriends. Only one of them is still alive:(

I loaded my pickup with shit last week and decided against going to dump since it’s a dirty, germ laden place. I’ll just wait til things cool down

• Like 1

I don't have a choice, we do not have trash service on the island. You either pay for someone to come get it or pay to dump it.

7 minutes ago, Sail4beer said:

snip

Brother’s girlfriend skipped a ski trip to Europe last month with her 5 girlfriends. Only one of them is still alive:(

snip

Oh my God!

10 hours ago, Amati said:

What are known facts?

I haven't gone back to find the article but hydrodynamics are not part of the curriculum in medical school...questions about actual spread---there is no definitive known fact about the spread--other than it appears to spread more easily than most flu, and that anecdotally, viral load is very important to severity of condition--and that intubating patients is dangerous without extreme protective equipment...

Article mentioned the experiment with virus particles--but pointed out the deficiencies of such an experiment extrapolating absolutely to real world...

I may have conflated my own memory from other articles...