hasher

Great Quotes

Most gulls don't bother to learn more than the simplest facts of flight--how to get from shore to food and back again. For most gulls, it is not flying that matters, but eating. For this gull, though, it was not eating that mattered, but flight. More than anything else, Jonathan Livingston Seagull loved to fly.

Richard Bach. JL Seagull

WL

• Like 5

Ethics are what you have when no one is watching.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, White Lightning2 said:

Most gulls don't bother to learn more than the simplest facts of flight--how to get from shore to food and back again. For most gulls, it is not flying that matters, but eating. For this gull, though, it was not eating that mattered, but flight. More than anything else, Jonathan Livingston Seagull loved to fly.

Richard Bach. JL Seagull

WL

Woof, I remember watching that aboard the boat one night cruising at about 600' depth. The old guys and lifers were all making fun of it, but I just kept remembering that McGillvary/ Freeman shot it and tried to imagine being on a beach somewhere watching birds fly. Helped me get through some rough times at sea.

7 hours ago, justsomeguy! said:

"If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing."

Lazarus Long  Time Enough For Love

If you aren't going to do it properly , don't do it at all .

• Like 1

"And just like that, he knew their friendship from childhood was over. Destroyed by the love of a woman"

Tim Matheson circa 1984

14 hours ago, White Lightning2 said:

Richard Bach. JL Seagull

WL

Perfect speed is being there.

- DSK

“She was sharpening the Professor's pencil and he was pinching her erasers…”

[Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies]

On 5/2/2020 at 8:40 PM, Willin' said:

Woof, I remember watching that aboard the boat one night cruising at about 600' depth. 

I can't imagine the claustrophobia being on a sub!

5 minutes ago, billy backstay said:
On 5/2/2020 at 5:40 PM, Willin' said:

Woof, I remember watching that aboard the boat one night cruising at about 600' depth. 

I can't imagine the claustrophobia being on a sub!

When I was in the surface navy had occasion to go aboard one of the boats. No thanks. My hats off to those who did.

16 minutes ago, Point Break said:

When I was in the surface navy had occasion to go aboard one of the boats. No thanks. My hats off to those who did.

Funny, when I was mess cooking aboard the deisel boat I was on, while we were tied up in Mayport, Fla, the cook sent me to the baby flat top next door to bum a 5 gal. can of milk. I got vertigo walking up the brow to that thing, not to mention getting written up for being out of  uniform. I guess our cleanliness and uniform standards were a little lax compared to that other Navy.

24 minutes ago, Willin' said:

Funny, when I was mess cooking aboard the deisel boat I was on, while we were tied up in Mayport, Fla, the cook sent me to the baby flat top next door to bum a 5 gal. can of milk. I got vertigo walking up the brow to that thing, not to mention getting written up for being out of  uniform. I guess our cleanliness and uniform standards were a little lax compared to that other Navy.

On a sub you are with friends (or at least you better be) Surface people are merely associates.

26 minutes ago, Laker said:

On a sub you are with friends (or at least you better be) Surface people are merely associates.

On the deisel boats it was quite a bit like being inducted into an outlaw biker gang. It was dirty, smelly, you shut up and did what you were told and were abused in some pretty nasty and ingenious ways, but once you got your dolphins you were family. I hated every minute of it.

On the nucs everyone was always clean and polite and after sea trials we were mostly bored all the time. I hated every minute of that too. I just took pleasure in pissing off the lifers.

• Like 1

“I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me.”

General George S. Patton

5 hours ago, Willin' said:

On the deisel boats it was quite a bit like being inducted into an outlaw biker gang. It was dirty, smelly, you shut up and did what you were told and were abused in some pretty nasty and ingenious ways, but once you got your dolphins you were family. I hated every minute of it.

On the nucs everyone was always clean and polite and after sea trials we were mostly bored all the time. I hated every minute of that too. I just took pleasure in pissing off the lifers.

Diesel boats forever man.  It may be a bit different in navies that don't have nukes.  BTW, I have never been in the military, but am very familiar with the environment.

In the Army..."if it moves salute it, if it doesn't...paint it OD".

And back to sailing..."if God wanted teak to be nice and golden and glossy, she would have made teak that way".

• Like 1

5 hours ago, foamy1946 said:

In the Army..."if it moves salute it, if it doesn't...paint it OD".

And back to sailing..."if God wanted teak to be nice and golden and glossy, she would have made teak that way".

I just spent the morning smearing Cetol on my teak toe rails. Cetol saves my sanity because it's impossible to do a good job with it, so I don't have to try. When I use varnish, grandpa's ghost is sitting on my shoulder being critical  about the prep, the sandpaper grit, keeping a wet edge and making sure to do at least 7 coats etc. With Cetol, the best you can ever get is a 10 ft finish, so I have permission to do a crappy prep job, slap it on, call it good and go sailing after a couple of hours.

• Like 6

Man makes a plan. The universe laughs!

Retired Army Kernel told me this (he led over 800 lives in Kuwait and Afghanistan): All battle plans are perfect until you step onto the battlefield and bullets start flying...

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Wet Spreaders said:

I just spent the morning smearing Cetol on my teak toe rails. Cetol saves my sanity because it's impossible to do a good job with it, so I don't have to try. When I use varnish, grandpa's ghost is sitting on my shoulder being critical  about the prep, the sandpaper grit, keeping a wet edge and making sure to do at least 7 coats etc. With Cetol, the best you can ever get is a 10 ft finish, so I have permission to do a crappy prep job, slap it on, call it good and go sailing after a couple of hours.

My Dad still whispers "If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right!" in my ear even though he's long dead. His perfectionism caused me to spend a lot more time and money on sandpaper and varnish than I ever would have on my own.

I was also a lifelong clean freak because of him. Fortunately, I'm slowly kicking that bad habit.

6 hours ago, Liquid said:

Retired Army Kernel told me this (he led over 800 lives in Kuwait and Afghanistan): All battle plans are perfect until you step onto the battlefield and bullets start flying...

Eisenhower: reports differ on the precise language used, but what I believe he said is: :"Planning is everything, plans are shit"

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Wet Spreaders said:

Eisenhower: reports differ on the precise language used, but what I believe he said is: :"Planning is everything, plans are shit"

And while we're on the topic of military quotes, there's one that I heard years ago that resonated with me, but I can't remember the name of the German general who said it. It goes something like:

If you divide your army into two types and two classifications along the lines of "Intelligence" and "Industriousness", you get four sorts of people.

1. The stupid and lazy people account for most of the army, which is fine. They make great foot soldiers and you send them into battle to kill and be killed.

2. The intelligent and industrious people are perfect mid ranking officers. They work hard, issue good orders and drive the army to tactical success

3. The intelligent and lazy people make great generals because they set up systems to make their lives easier, and that benefits everyone

4. But the fouth category of stupid and industrious people can generate all kinds of havoc. They should be rooted out and killed immediately

Same goes in business - it's the hard working idiots that cause most of the problems. The hard part is persuading everyone on the signatory list that they really should be fired. There's an over emphasis on the value of long hours and hard work, so the idiot (especially honest idiots) get kept on, creating disaster after disaster under the protection of our puritanical respect for industriousness and "commitment". Also, don't let the stupid-lazy people unionize, because the union leadership tends to draw from category 2, but have different goals from the rest of the company - causing the army to march in the wrong direction.

• Like 5

23 hours ago, Willin' said:

+1

Ever see "The Caine Mutiny" I love that  scene where the wardroom loafers are upset at the growing certainty that their captain is nuts, and go over to the flagship (a carrier) to talk to the admiral about it. They bring logbooks etc but are still very uneasy about doing so (with good reason). After looking around everything spit-shined, saluting, etc etc, they decide to just go back. One says to the other "We can't just give up" and he answers "Just look around! This is the real Navy, they will never understand what goes on aboard the Caine."

I rode around tin cans, also not exactly the "real Navy." We used to say that it was kinda like being in the boy scouts, only with more firepower and no adult supervision.

- DSK

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wet Spreaders said:

And while we're on the topic of military quotes, there's one that I heard years ago that resonated with me, but I can't remember the name of the German general who said it. It goes something like:

If you divide your army into two types and two classifications along the lines of "Intelligence" and "Industriousness", you get four sorts of people.

1. The stupid and lazy people account for most of the army, which is fine. They make great foot soldiers and you send them into battle to kill and be killed.

2. The intelligent and industrious people are perfect mid ranking officers. They work hard, issue good orders and drive the army to tactical success

3. The intelligent and lazy people make great generals because they set up systems to make their lives easier, and that benefits everyone

4. But the fouth category of stupid and industrious people can generate all kinds of havoc. They should be rooted out and killed immediately

Same goes in business - it's the hard working idiots that cause most of the problems. The hard part is persuading everyone on the signatory list that they really should be fired. There's an over emphasis on the value of long hours and hard work, so the idiot (especially honest idiots) get kept on, creating disaster after disaster under the protection of our puritanical respect for industriousness and "commitment". Also, don't let the stupid-lazy people unionize, because the union leadership tends to draw from category 2, but have different goals from the rest of the company - causing the army to march in the wrong direction.

yeah, the worst kind are the idiots with an initiative (#4)... otoh, lazy idiots (#1) usually do little harm.

“Although a man may take up sailing in order to go cruising, it will be well for him to race for a season early in his sailing career. It will teach him perfection in the handling and sailing of his craft; which will stand him in good stead when he goes cruising.

It is frequently the cruising man who has raced who makes his harbor without any trouble; whereas a man who has only cruised goes about things in a much more slovenly manner, for he has not the exactness and the skill found in racing men.”

Uffa Fox – Handling Sailing Boats, 1960 (from the mythical fp)

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Laker said:

Diesel boats forever man.  It may be a bit different in navies that don't have nukes.  BTW, I have never been in the military, but am very familiar with the environment.

enhance

DBF!

• Like 1

"looke at theise vaine idiotes, Ille give them a rollere costere, what the y realley neede is a littelle hinte of deathe"                  - Henrey Chinaski -

:)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Snaggletooth said:

"looke at theise vaine idiotes, Ille give them a rollere costere, what the y realley neede is a littelle hinte of deathe"                  - Henrey Chinaski -

Great quote from a great man.  The same man who said "I don't hate people.  I just feel better when they aren't around".

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Wet Spreaders said:

Jack Welch's Employee quadrant.  He based it on productivity and embracing his corporate ethos.  Productive and on the team?  Promote quickly.  unproductive and not not the team"  Fire quickly.  Not Productive and on the team?  Mentor.  Only fire if they can't improve.  Productive and not on the team?  Fire immediately.  They are the worst kid of destructive to where you want to go.  

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

15 minutes ago, Tax Man said:

Slite Detoure;  Notte siurre the dangere is increased withe largere nubberes of SP.

/ detoure

“When you empower stupid people you get bad decisions faster”.

PB

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tax Man said:

As Eva Dent

image.thumb.png.eb62f761f69259f37966ed41d55fdefb.png

Hope is for losers; winners plan.

• Like 1

You know what they say about men with big hands and big feet? They wear big gloves and big shoes.

1 hour ago, Caca Cabeza said:

You know what they say about men with big hands and big feet? They wear big gloves and big shoes.

"Stupid is as stupid does..." - Gump, Forrest

21 hours ago, WhoaTed said:

Hope is for losers; winners plan.

Hope in one hand and shit in the other. Let me know which one fills up faster!

On 5/10/2020 at 11:47 AM, Innocent Bystander said:

Jack Welch's Employee quadrant.  He based it on productivity and embracing his corporate ethos.  Productive and on the team?  Promote quickly.  unproductive and not not the team"  Fire quickly.  Not Productive and on the team?  Mentor.  Only fire if they can't improve.  Productive and not on the team?  Fire immediately.  They are the worst kid of destructive to where you want to go.  

Jack Welch...now exactly which US manufacturing businesses did he drive into the ditch?  All in the name of piling up cash.  How many real jobs did he blow up?   

His legacy?  General Electric became GE Financial Services and lost a ton of money chasing real estate.  So much winning.

• Like 1

On 4/8/2020 at 3:25 PM, Willin' said:

"Naked as the eyes of a clown."

John has been one of my favorite Pandora stations but I haven't changed it since we lost him last month. No one has better lyrics 

• Like 1

GE: $6.42

Go the Jack

Used to be near $60.

Go the Jack.

Use the jet. frequent the country club. Collect the book royalties.

Go the Jack.

Thank the accountants.

Go the Jack.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Caca Cabeza said:

GE: $6.42

Go the Jack

Used to be near $60.

Go the Jack.

Use the jet. frequent the country club. Collect the book royalties.

Go the Jack.

Thank the accountants.

Go the Jack.

Don't forget that GE was an original component of the Dow and remained continuously part of it for more than a century until Jack ran it into the ground and it was dropped from the index.

He's a business jenius almost on part with Trump.

• Like 1

He's great at running a small business.

From what what was once a giant business.

Let's hope their jet engine division still has morale.

17 minutes ago, Caca Cabeza said:

He's great at running a small business.

From what what was once a giant business.

Let's hope their jet engine division still has morale.

His employees have almost as high an opinion of him as you do. Somehow he managed to bullshit a lot of corporate boards.

- DSK

22 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

Don't forget that GE was an original component of the Dow and remained continuously part of it for more than a century until Jack ran it into the ground and it was dropped from the index.

What was depressing was back when people thought he was a genius, far too many jenius's tried to emulate his methods - only they were dumber, less effective, and ran smaller business or divisions so they tanked the finances and morale of their companies much more quickly.  One of the interesting and usually depressing things about consulting is you get to see business fads implemented across many companies - usually without consideration for the unique dynamics of the company or its market.  Quite often it's the less intellectually endowed that cling to a principle or process while recklessly and repeatedly misapplying it. I could go on, but this COVID thing has reduced my liquor supply.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PurpleOnion said:

What was depressing was back when people thought he was a genius, far too many jenius's tried to emulate his methods - only they were dumber, less effective, and ran smaller business or divisions so they tanked the finances and morale of their companies much more quickly.  One of the interesting and usually depressing things about consulting is you get to see business fads implemented across many companies - usually without consideration for the unique dynamics of the company or its market.  Quite often it's the less intellectually endowed that cling to a principle or process while recklessly and repeatedly misapplying it. I could go on, but this COVID thing has reduced my liquor supply.

Adgreede.  An 'idealle' clunged to quickley becomes an "idealle-thast-fittes-alle",  The onley ounes to blamme our thoise that faille to see uniquinesse throuh theire blindeng assumptiones.

On 5/10/2020 at 9:17 AM, foamy1946 said:

if it moves salute it, if it doesn't...paint it

failing those , pick it up .

It never ends

S.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, PurpleOnion said:

Yep. I figured Bringing up Welch would get a rise. 

That and the rise of acolytes such as McKinsey, et al consultants who hired the “best and brightest” from B schools to pass on the religion and push quarterly results over long term stability and growth.  10 years ago, Welch was still hailed as a hero and held events and Seminars so weak mid to low senior managers became acolytes or him, Drucker and all.  Welch startEd the divesture of anything that wasn’t GE’s “main thing” and a rush to outsourcing them. Eventually, it turned out there was nothing meaningful left. 

I worked for a company that got very good at buying services but ended up eroding it’s labor base to the point that indirects got out of control. They didn’t shed facilities and G&A costs as labor went down. Company was very profitable in good years Essentially managing subcontractors and bled money in weak years. 

A woman drove me to drink....Pity...Never stop to thank her

WC Fields

As the spirit wanes, the form appears.  - Bukowski

I don't like it, and I'm sorry I ever had anything to do with it - Schrodinger

Mencken has many, but here's a few:

• No one ever went broke underestimating the taste of the American public.
  • The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure, he is one of God's children, but as soon as he's successful, he's taken over by the devil.
  • The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary.
  • Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.
  • The men the American people admire most extravagantly are the most daring liars; the men they detest most violently are those who try to tell them the truth.
  • An idealist is one who, on noticing that roses smell better than a cabbage, concludes that it will also make better soup.

On 4/24/2020 at 5:27 PM, SloopJonB said:

“Beauty is only skin deep, but ugly goes clean to the bone.”
Dorothy Parker

Children should be obscene and not heard.

--Dorothy Parker

And another: "You can lead a horse to water, but you'd better be strong and have stamina to drown it."  Not sure who.

The Dow Jones is an aggregation of only 30 companies! They come and the go...

On 5/20/2020 at 1:32 PM, SloopJonB said:

Quick Google Fu -  Fortune.com:

GE was worth $14 billion when he took over; it was worth some $400 billion when he stepped down 20 years later, and for a time it was the most valuable company on earth. 

Jack earned some of his stripes...

Manufacturing durable goods was not GE's core business when they died!

My understanding is they became a bank - cheaper earnings than dishwashers and jet engines... Eventually they had to divest and lost over 60% of their profit when then sold off that 'little' business unit called GE Capital...

Trading under $7 now!? My grandfather had original GE cost basis under $2 - 40 years ago!!!

Oh, how the great can fall...

"Rise and shine and drink some wine...and wash your face with turpentine".  Greg "ten toes" Taylor, 1965.

In the words of the immortal gunny sarn't WL Johnson:  "Fuck'em"

Posted (edited)
On 5/10/2020 at 7:28 AM, Liquid said:

Wasn't there a WWI German officer who said something like, no battle plan survives the first contact with the enemy?

"Hope for the best, plan for the worst." Jack Reacher (*)

* Yeah, yeah. I know he's not a real person.

Edited by Black Sox
correction

Moltke's widely quoted statement that "No campaign plan survives first contact with the enemy"

Everybody has a plan until they’ve been hit.

- Joe Louis

"My most important piece of advice for young musicians is...always take your wallet onstage with you."

Geddy Lee  1984

4 hours ago, Black Sox said:

Wasn't there a WWI German officer who said something like, no battle plan survives the first contact with the enemy?

That's the one!

14 hours ago, Zonker said:

Moltke's widely quoted statement that "No campaign plan survives first contact with the enemy"

Thank you.

Julian of Norwich, 14th century mystic, equally applicable during our current pandemic, I think

~He said not 'Thou shalt not be tempested, thou shalt not be travailed, thou shalt not be dis-eased'; but he said, 'Thou shalt not be overcome.' ~

2 hours ago, Black Sox said:
16 hours ago, Zonker said:

Thank you.

Paraphrased by Mike Tyson: "Everybody got a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth"

- DSK

"When they came for the trade unionists, I did not speak out; I was not a trade unionist. When they came for the Jews, I remained silent; I wasn’t a Jew. When they came for me, there was no one left to speak out.”. – Martin Niemoller, pastor and theologian, was arrested by the Gestapo and found guilty of high treason.

It definitely still has resonance in this part of the world at the moment.

Posted (edited)

Everbody has a plan till they get punched in the mouth.

Tyson

Edit- DSK beat me to it.

Edited by no shoes
poor reading skills

Posted (edited)

We shall go on till the end. We shall fight in France, we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be. We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets; we shall never surrender, and if, which I do not for a moment believe, this island or a large part if it were subjugated and starving, then our Empire beyond the seas, armed and guarded by the British Fleet, would carry on the struggle, until, in God's good time, the New World, with all its might, steps forth to the rescue and liberation of the old.

Winston Churchill 

4 June 1940

80 years ago today.

Edited by no shoes
poor spelling skills
  • Like 5

22 minutes ago, no shoes said:

Everbody has a plan till they get punched in the mouth.

Tyson

Edit- DSK beat me to it.

Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery.... actually I prefer to quote the great Jubal Harshaw (unfortunately a fictional character written by Rob't Heinlein) "Money is the sincerest form of flattery"

- DSK

Doubling the speed of impact quadruples the kinetic impact.

My first paramedic instructor

WL

• Like 2

I stopped on the pier and looked down on a forty-foot racing sloop. My first thought was, I had to have one. It had a dark blue hull and a gleaming teakwood deck and I would not be surprised to see, on the bow, a sign saying "For Sale- One soul, no less. I nodded thoughtfully. Hell, anybody could have a car and an apartment, but a boat like this was the nuts.

I wanted it, and considering the value I placed on my soul in those days, I might have struck a bargain if that sign had been on the bow.

The Rum Diary 

"The main obstacle to a stable and just world order is the United States. [This idea] happens to coincide with the prevailing opinion in the world. And I think that's rather shocking for Americans to hear."

George Soros

40 minutes ago, White Lightning2 said:

WL

Dr Walter Graff?

1 hour ago, no shoes said:

We shall go on till the end. We shall fight in France, we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be. We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets; we shall never surrender, and if, which I do not for a moment believe, this island or a large part if it were subjugated and starving, then our Empire beyond the seas, armed and guarded by the British Fleet, would carry on the struggle, until, in God's good time, the New World, with all its might, steps forth to the rescue and liberation of the old.

Winston Churchill 

4 June 1940

80 years ago today.

Boy, I thought somebody claimed the Malignant Mango sounded just like Winston.  I guess not.

33 minutes ago, Point Break said:

Dr Walter Graff?

Complete with the slight slur....

Wonderful gentleman that was an amazing teacher.

WL

On 5/22/2020 at 11:31 PM, Liquid said:

The Dow Jones is an aggregation of only 30 companies! They come and the go...

Quick Google Fu -  Fortune.com:

GE was worth $14 billion when he took over; it was worth some $400 billion when he stepped down 20 years later, and for a time it was the most valuable company on earth. 

Jack earned some of his stripes...

Manufacturing durable goods was not GE's core business when they died!

My understanding is they became a bank - cheaper earnings than dishwashers and jet engines... Eventually they had to divest and lost over 60% of their profit when then sold off that 'little' business unit called GE Capital...

Trading under $7 now!? My grandfather had original GE cost basis under $2 - 40 years ago!!!

Oh, how the great can fall...

it was "worth $400 billion" on some pretty flimsy paper.  It had no long term strategy and complete reliance on short term debt and hopes for future stable financial markets. 

In other words, it forgot about the means of it's own success and planted the seeds of its own demise.

On 5/22/2020 at 1:04 PM, bplipschitz said:

Children should be obscene and not heard.

--Dorothy Parker

And another: "You can lead a horse to water, but you'd better be strong and have stamina to drown it."  Not sure who.

And another...from an upstairs window down to a pesky reporter at her front door:  "Go away!  I'm too fucking busy and vice versa."

12 hours ago, Left Shift said:

it was "worth $400 billion" on some pretty flimsy paper.  It had no long term strategy and complete reliance on short term debt and hopes for future stable financial markets. 

In other words, it forgot about the means of it's own success and planted the seeds of its own demise.

Also some rater questionable accounting practices...

• Like 1

16 hours ago, White Lightning2 said:

WL

As told to me by the head of emergency medicine at Rush Medical Center: All bleeding stops.

56 minutes ago, bplipschitz said:

As told to me by the head of emergency medicine at Rush Medical Center: All bleeding stops.

That’s been my experience as well. A corollary to that is all fires go out eventually.

1 hour ago, bplipschitz said:

Sometimes by the end of blood supply...

2 hours ago, Trovão said:

Sometimes by the end of blood supply...

Exactly...........although it's not quite that simple, its close enough. 

• Like 1

“BG, the last thing that you bitch slapped was the tiny dick you try to compensate for by talking about how much we should envy you. If you were a Muslim I would shit on the Koran, light it on fire, hit the burning feces covered book with a baseball bat and then flush it down a brothel toilet in Detroit just to piss you off. There are so many terrible things I would like to happen to you such as:

1. Being struck in the head by a large falling object such as a meteor, massive brick frozen airline waste, a massive load of bricks, a massive brick going really fast, a 500mph fastball, an overweight drunken vulture, a large hanging display in a museum, or the Dukes of Hazard car after it takes a 80mph jump off of a hay truck. However, a meteorite or bird shit will surface.

2. Having your arms removed in a freak accident so that you can no longer type. This accident could include, but is not limited to a cockfight accident, a hellish cooking accident involving a chainsaw, having both arms stuck in the doors of metro trains traveling in opposite directions, having them cut off by an Asian hooker in some back ally motel, or a carnival disaster.

3. Going bankrupt and losing your precious automobile, nice house, and weekend getaways. This could also result in you doing a real days work for normal wages like the average American to so nobly claim to represent.

4. Being wrongfully (or rightfully, it doesn’t really matter) imprisoned for a crime so terrible that your mother tells her friends that you are dead to avoid talking about you and the other inmates deem so immoral that you are ass raped with industrial tools everyday until the day you die.

Having your computer monitor blow up in your face resulting in a phobia of computers precluding you from ever bothering me on the interweb again.”           

Quoted from this thread

http://forums.sailinganarchy.com/index.php?/topic/18412-bull-gator/

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, S/V Eva said:

“BG, the last thing that you bitch slapped was the tiny dick you try to compensate for by talking about how much we should envy you. If you were a Muslim I would shit on the Koran, light it on fire, hit the burning feces covered book with a baseball bat and then flush it down a brothel toilet in Detroit just to piss you off. There are so many terrible things I would like to happen to you such as:

1. Being struck in the head by a large falling object such as a meteor, massive brick frozen airline waste, a massive load of bricks, a massive brick going really fast, a 500mph fastball, an overweight drunken vulture, a large hanging display in a museum, or the Dukes of Hazard car after it takes a 80mph jump off of a hay truck. However, a meteorite or bird shit will surface.

2. Having your arms removed in a freak accident so that you can no longer type. This accident could include, but is not limited to a cockfight accident, a hellish cooking accident involving a chainsaw, having both arms stuck in the doors of metro trains traveling in opposite directions, having them cut off by an Asian hooker in some back ally motel, or a carnival disaster.

3. Going bankrupt and losing your precious automobile, nice house, and weekend getaways. This could also result in you doing a real days work for normal wages like the average American to so nobly claim to represent.

4. Being wrongfully (or rightfully, it doesn’t really matter) imprisoned for a crime so terrible that your mother tells her friends that you are dead to avoid talking about you and the other inmates deem so immoral that you are ass raped with industrial tools everyday until the day you die.

Having your computer monitor blow up in your face resulting in a phobia of computers precluding you from ever bothering me on the interweb again.”           

Quoted from this thread

http://forums.sailinganarchy.com/index.php?/topic/18412-bull-gator/

Not sure what you are responding to/lashing out at?  I didn't think Bull Gator, had posted here in a very long time, unless it's a sock puppet, that I have not ID'd yet????

2 minutes ago, billy backstay said:

Not sure what you are responding to/lashing out at?  I didn't think Bull Gator, had posted here in a very long time, unless it's a sock puppet, that I have not ID'd yet????

This is the thread about great quotes,  I just feel it's a great quote.

Some say BG has returned.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, billy backstay said:

Lesbian Robot Quote. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, S/V Eva said:

I just feel it's a great quote.

It's a terrible quote, replete with poor grammar. 

3 hours ago, no shoes said:

Lesbian Robot Quote. 

Oh to have the sage say something again. We could use him in this time of dumb twitter sayings.

“Think about it: what weakens us is feeling offended by the deeds and misdeeds of our fellow men. Our self-importance requires that we spend most of our lives offended by someone.”
Carlos Castaneda, Fire from Within

WL

From a film, I think it was Broken Arrow featuring John Travolta and Christian Slater. The plot, if there was one, is lost to me now but at one point John Travolta sent a nuclear bomb to a city (Denver?), I think on a train. Somebody questions this and the lin