Sign in to follow this  
Old Yeller

Medical Professionals: A Dissenting Opinion

18 minutes ago, Old Yeller said:

So you spend and hour and two minutes on that, but cannot "trust" or "believe" anyone else--especially "power structures" and "the establishment" (whatever that is at any particular moment).???

Interesting.

Use.

Of.

Time.

42 minutes ago, Old Yeller said:

I wish I shared your confidence. I tend to be very skeptical of the power structures responsible for collecting, assessing, and reporting the data. For that reason I will continue to weigh the contrarian positions that have been dismissed by the establishment.

Yeller,  I'm still looking for the answer to the question.... is saving 3 million lives worth the cost of distancing? 

But apart from that,  have you considered that the government is actually doing the opposite i.e. down playing the situation. 

My wife had a co worker who is also an icu nurse here in Texas.   During March She was under strict instructions to not discuss what was happening in the icu. She would only nod to answer any questions. 

I'm sure you want to hear everything was ok... it wasn't and still isn't.  Even in March half the patients in icu were much younger than expected.  

For you to be correct in your current thinking,  all doctors and nurses across the world would have to be in on this big government big pharma conspiracy thing.  

That's about as bad as flat earthers saying all SAILORS, engineers,  surveyors (I used to be a geodetic surveyor), astronomers,  physicists and many more are part of a deep world wide conspiracy hiding the fact the earth is flat.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dfw_sailor said:

That's about as bad as flat earthers saying all SAILORS, engineers,  surveyors (I used to be a geodetic surveyor), astronomers,  physicists and many more are part of a deep world wide conspiracy hiding the fact the earth is flat.

But they proved the world is flat. The ships only get smaller when they go far from shore...

; /

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Old Yeller said:

I tend to be very skeptical of the power structures responsible for collecting, assessing, and reporting the data. 

1 hour ago, fastyacht said:

Um, "power structures."  Huh?

Yella means the "power' it takes to squeeze another "structure" out.

3yda43.jpg.bfbc1523b5163fe7c7029f77d7fb0d76.jpg

6 minutes ago, hrothgar said:

Check this one out...from California...

You are a good thread reader.

On 4/27/2020 at 1:38 PM, jack_sparrow said:

I have no desire to “win” anyone over to any particular point of view. 

40 minutes ago, dfw_sailor said:

Yeller,  I'm still looking for the answer to the question.... is saving 3 million lives worth the cost of distancing? 

Let people decide for themselves if they wish to isolate. Don’t force people to close their businesses.  That is my position regardless of the projections. Assuming your 3 million is accurate, Gates and the other eugenicists should be thrilled.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Old Yeller said:

Gates and the other eugenicists should be thrilled.

Cognitive Dissonance.

Let people decide for themselves if they wish to isolate.

What if they don't want to isolate and can only find people who want to isolate? Won't they be in danger of being really badly punished by the isolators? Like maybe even put down in the animal sense?

• Downvote 1

27 minutes ago, Old Yeller said:

Let people decide for themselves if they wish to isolate. Don’t force people to close their businesses.  That is my position regardless of the projections. Assuming your 3 million is accurate, Gates and the other eugenicists should be thrilled.

Thanks for the honesty. 

Just checking though,  for those that do not have the money to self isolate e.g Black and Mexican amongst others who share housing,  that's just tough shit?  Go out and work regardless and spread the virus within the home? 

I'm sure your aware of the big over representation of Black and Hispanic in the death toll. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, dfw_sailor said:

Thanks for the honesty. 

Just checking though,  for those that do not have the money to self isolate e.g Black and Mexican amongst others who share housing,  that's just tough shit?  Go out and work regardless and spread the virus within the home? 

I'm sure your aware of the big over representation of Black and Hispanic in the death toll. 

He’s about as honest as the folks peddling their MD to push for a particular economic outcome. 

if he was more honest from the beginning about being a freedom fighter he could have been more creditable instead of constantly posting fringe shit that uses bad data and dishonest techniques to minimize the threat. 

honest would be to acknowledge the facts and say you don’t care anyway. 

I’ll leave you gentlemen to solve it all. I still have work to do. Thank God. Good luck.

• Like 1

Remember in the months to come when people around you and yourself and your customers and family and friends are getting sick and some die - remember. 

this all could have been avoided if people listened to health professionals instead of airlines, travel businesses, politically driven narratives. 

but you won’t. Your kind never do. 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

35 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

What if they don't want to isolate and can only find people who want to isolate? Won't they be in danger of being really badly punished by the isolators? Like maybe even put down in the animal sense?

Judging from the lines at Costco, there are plenty of people willing to role the dice.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Controversial_posts said:

Judging from the lines at Costco, there are plenty of people willing to role the dice.

If they can keep the game to themselves, nobody would have a problem.......see how this works? 

1 hour ago, Miffy said:

He’s about as honest as the folks peddling their MD to push for a particular economic outcome. 

if he was more honest from the beginning about being a freedom fighter he could have been more creditable instead of constantly posting fringe shit that uses bad data and dishonest techniques to minimize the threat. 

honest would be to acknowledge the facts and say you don’t care anyway. 

I was pandering.  Ive found that denialists are much like trump, you have to throw in some praise or thanks to keep  dialog happening.

I’ll leave you gentlemen to solve it all. I still have work to do. Thank God. Good luck.

Just a parting shot then.       

Are you more deserving of God's blessing than the guy down the road out of work trying to feed his family? 

Because if not,  God sucks. 

Apologies if you were just using a figure of speech. 

Perhaps the term gentlemen was misapplied in your case. 

anything illogical about my argument?

You're ok with very possibly millions of deaths in the US but you are annoyed by me calling out the inequality of your beliefs?

Thanks for the chuckle. 

Have a good day Sir.

Perhaps the term gentlemen was misapplied in your 

Fucking Nutters are driving me over the edge.  If it was only the people who want to catch Covid who would catch it if we open everything up good on em, I would  say go for it.  The problem is how the virus works like an Amway scam.  Can you say PYRAMID scheme?  It's always the ones at the bottom who take the biggest hit.

On 4/28/2020 at 11:59 PM, Old Yeller said:

People are throwing numbers around with a lot of confidence these days. I’m not so confident. I never believe politicians.

Yet you posted the two asshats from California, who came up with an IFR of 0.02%. 

Can you do basic math?  For that to be correct, 700 to 1200 percent of NYC would have to be infected.  More than 300% of Belgium.  Italy, Spain, the UK. France, Netherlands, Sweden... etc... would all need to have an infection rate over 100%.

IFR's always an estimate, but it can't be lower than deaths / overall population; you can't have an infection rate higher than 100%.  That's just basic common sense.

On 4/29/2020 at 11:57 AM, Old Yeller said:

I would, if you & your ilk would demonstrate a capacity for middle-school level math, or basic common sense. 

Or, if it was only yourselves you put at risk.

Fuck, at this point, I'd welcome the consequent improvement to society.  I got nothing against Darwin.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, fastyacht said:

Yeller, just shet ep already, will ya? Nobody is clicking that fucking link.

I don’t expect that you will, given that the source is not The NY Times . Whatever you do, don’t disturb your comfort  in the echo chamber.

• Like 1

I don’t expect that you will, given that the source is not The NY Times . Whatever you do, don’t disturb your comfort  in the echo chamber.

Uh, that's funny. Methinks you are talking about yourself there! Hellooo!...helloooo......helllooooo......

8 minutes ago, Old Yeller said:

Seriously, though, why the FUCK would I waste my time reading their drivel?

Remember, I met Fauci, and knew Paul Offit when I was young, and having read Paul's book and some papers a long time ago, and having worked in a supporting role in an infectious diseases department, I just don't see why anyone with half a brain would fall for this shit---->>>

image.png.c7667f2837199f6a830e85aacd0f2ff9.png

14 minutes ago, fastyacht said:

Seriously, though, why the FUCK would I waste my time reading their drivel?

Remember, I met Fauci, and knew Paul Offit when I was young, and having read Paul's book and some papers a long time ago, and having worked in a supporting role in an infectious diseases department, I just don't see why anyone with half a brain would fall for this shit---->>>

image.png.c7667f2837199f6a830e85aacd0f2ff9.png

Oh, I see, you’re close to the players. Makes sense now. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Old Yeller said:

I know, you feel like you are out in the cold. Well, there is a way into the warmth: stop being such a tinfoil hat type and actually read real stuff instead of made-up distorted storytelling. But if you have that tinfoil hat mindset, it can be pretty hard to break. But hey, there's still hope for you.

25 minutes ago, Old Yeller said:

Well, I really don't feel like writing a long essay on how many ways RFKjr is wrong, so I'll give you a link which if you don't read, will prove that in fact you are the one in an echo chamber, not me...
https://www.skepticalraptor.com/skepticalraptorblog.php/childrens-health-defense-lunatics-attack-paul-offit-again/

It is a pretty good summation and explanation of how RFK Jr.'s organisation gets it wrong. Yeah, Sekptical Raptor, he is a bit annoyed sounding in his writing but frankly, who could blame him? (I think you should find me remarkably calm and polite with you considering the circumstances with respect to the severe personal disrespect RFK Jr and his organisation have demonstrated towards Paul Offit.)

11 minutes ago, fastyacht said:

I know, you feel like you are out in the cold. Well, there is a way into the warmth: stop being such a tinfoil hat type and actually read real stuff instead of made-up distorted storytelling. But if you have that tinfoil hat mindset, it can be pretty hard to break. But hey, there's still hope for you.

The temperature is quite comfortable where I’m standing. I understand the social pressures for you must be enormous. The tinfoil hat charge is an old game, used very successfully to to discourage scrutiny.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Old Yeller said:

The temperature is quite comfortable where I’m standing. I understand the social pressures for you must be enormous. The tinfoil hat charge is an old game, used very successfully to to discourage scrutiny.

Well, it isn't a charge. Tinfoil is a conductor and dissipates charge.

I believe that's why they wear them.

4 hours ago, Old Yeller said:

Warning do not click on this link .....you will be sucked into a Coranovirus the cold and Anti Vaxer scam to get money to help pay for their next failed legal action against the state where even Christian non drinking judges call them lying dangerous fucktards who make shit up when telling them to fuck off. 

2 hours ago, fastyacht said:

Well, I really don't feel like writing a long essay on how many ways RFKjr is wrong,

Even the Kennedy family have come out publically saying he has lost his marbles over this shit.

29 minutes ago, fastyacht said:

Well, I really don't feel like writing a long essay on how many ways RFKjr is wrong, so I'll give you a link which if you don't read, will prove that in fact you are the one in an echo chamber, not me...
https://www.skepticalraptor.com/skepticalraptorblog.php/childrens-health-defense-lunatics-attack-paul-offit-again/

It is a pretty good summation and explanation of how RFK Jr.'s organisation gets it wrong. Yeah, Sekptical Raptor, he is a bit annoyed sounding in his writing but frankly, who could blame him? (I think you should find me remarkably calm and polite with you considering the circumstances with respect to the severe personal disrespect RFK Jr and his organisation have demonstrated towards Paul Offit.)

Thank you. I read the raptor piece. His comments about mercury were interesting. I’ll have to study that some more (from both sides). I have no doubt that RFK Jr has landed some shots below the belt. As an environmental activist lawyer, I’m sure he understands how to wage a PR campaign on behalf of a cause, and his opponents aren’t exactly school boys. Raptor made some telling remarks about the board member, Nobel laureate Montagnier. “Sterling credentials”, but the Indian wouldn’t stay on the reservation. Nobel prize or not, he must be excommunicated. Having served my time in the trenches of academia, I can say with confidence that the pursuit of knowledge is a bare knuckle political brawl. This was true in the arts and humanities, and i think in some ways more so in science and medicine. The study of science and medicine is a battleground of political and financial agendas, with enormous power wielded through grants, corporate backed R&D, and political and academic appointments. The pharmaceuticals are no angels, and when they tell us the “science is settled” I’m inclined to keep looking. 

PS. Offit did a video interview when Covid first broke expressing some skepticism. Has he put out another statement?

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Old Yeller said:

Thank you. I read the raptor piece. His comments about mercury were interesting. I’ll have to study that some more (from both sides). I have no doubt that RFK Jr has landed some shots below the belt. As an environmental activist lawyer, I’m sure he understands how to wage a PR campaign on behalf of a cause, and his opponents aren’t exactly school boys. Raptor made some telling remarks about the board member, Nobel laureate Montagnier. “Sterling credentials”, but the Indian wouldn’t stay on the reservation. Nobel prize or not, he must be excommunicated. Having served my time in the trenches of academia, I can say with confidence that the pursuit of knowledge is a bare knuckle political brawl. This was true in the arts and humanities, and i think in some ways more so in science and medicine. The study of science and medicine is a battleground of political and financial agendas, with enormous power wielded through grants, corporate backed R&D, and political and academic appointments. The pharmaceuticals are no angels, and when they tell us the “science is settled” I’m inclined to keep looking. 

PS. Offit did a video interview when Covid first broke expressing some skepticism. Has he put out another statement?

He was remarkably optimistic in March. I wasn't. He is not an epidemiologist (neither am I, but I am a skeptical sometimes pessimistic engineer...). But he is an expert on vaccines. Here is a good discussion of making a vaccine and the struggles that can be. He points out that Fauci is remarkably optimistic about vaccine---it typically takes a long time---and safety is paramount (killing healthy people = not acceptable).

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, fastyacht said:

He was remarkably optimistic in March. I wasn't. He is not an epidemiologist (neither am I, but I am a skeptical sometimes pessimistic engineer...). But he is an expert on vaccines. Here is a good discussion of making a vaccine and the struggles that can be. He points out that Fauci is remarkably optimistic about vaccine---it typically takes a long time---and safety is paramount (killing healthy people = not acceptable).

My partner is a clinician in a large academic hospital with multiple drug trials going on in the covid ward and amongst all the institutional expertise and listening to Hopkins school of public health and the Taiwanese CDC/VP office - the main hope is still antivirals for the immediate future. 

Other attempts at SARS/corona virus vaccines have failed in the past for various reasons and the quickest effective and safe vaccine humanity have ever fielded was measles and still took 3-4 years. 

The public health narrative re a vaccine is intended to bring hope and give people a vision - so they would comply with distancing. Otherwise you’ll have more idiots saying why distance at all and not appreciate that the active case rate matters too for public health infrastructure. 

• Like 1

Spoiler alert:  Has anyone told him that Old Yeller died from rabies?  I wonder if vitamins could have saved him.  With a spoonful of sugar.

• Downvote 1

8 hours ago, Old Yeller said:

Well Der, vitamin D and ZINK deficiencies generally stuff ones immune system..Everyone over 50 should be taking Vitamin D suppliments anyway..especialy women. Nothing new.