Sparrow50

Singlehanding My Wally 100

Just a couple of questions:

Who is flying the drone?

How many guys are hanging out down below?

How do I get a custom sail number?

Is this more fun than sailing a Laser?

1 hour ago, atyourcervix said:

great.  Now fly the kite.

With a pilot, powered winches and a top down furling kite anything is possible. Ever since Yann Guichard sailed Spindrift 2 solo across the Atlantic, anything is possible...

• Like 2

Probably 4 guys hanging out down below.

With enough hydraulics or runway you can shorthand anything

usually when people singlehand their wallys, its late at night in front of the keyboard

• Like 6

Yeh probably 4 plus an onboard camera. No tacks shown, not a self tacker set up.

So fucking cheesy...... The lone billionaire, steadfastly gazing to the horizon steers his powerful symbol of corporate excess away from the teeming covid hordes. Seriously it bought a tear to my eye, I mean all that money and no mates?

• Like 7

May go better if a bit lighter. Here, let me hold your wallet.

@ 1:10,  I spot a least 3 crew on deck

• Like 1

Damn, I want one, maybe with the C-19 one will come on the market cheap, like under 6 figures, what do you think?

I will take one as well then! Just confirming, those 6 digits are including the ones after the decimal point?

5 hours ago, zenmasterfred said:

Damn, I want one, maybe with the C-19 one will come on the market cheap, like under 6 figures, what do you think?

The lads are going to have to show up to help put her back on her mooring, or she's going to need a trip to the paint shop.

Are these Wally owners desperate for friends? Nigel no mates at the helm of a 50 ton behemoth

tempsnip.thumb.png.4b0c3703664075070141d50c79927c03.png

6 hours ago, toad said:

Are these Wally owners desperate for friends? Nigel no mates at the helm of a 50 ton behemoth

tempsnip.thumb.png.4b0c3703664075070141d50c79927c03.png

Would love to see them do the triple series  , solo in linen pants 

7 hours ago, toad said:

And  white sails, pleb!

On 4/6/2020 at 7:14 PM, toad said:

So fucking cheesy...... The lone billionaire, steadfastly gazing to the horizon steers his powerful symbol of corporate excess away from the teeming covid hordes. Seriously it bought a tear to my eye, I mean all that money and no mates?

Sometimes you just gotta get away for a little me time.....

Really just a big day sailor for these folks...

When I once was a billionaire, I would only watch my Wally from my helicopter and tell the skipper what to do. Like an RC boat, but with real people. Ahh, those were the days...

Now that I'm only merely a millionaire, I have downgraded to an old wooden dutch quarter ton, of course. Still, I tell my boys what to do. Way more fun ;)

On 4/6/2020 at 9:51 PM, zenmasterfred said:

Cash is a wonderful thing!:lol:  But all those systems.....

How does one move about that deck with nothing resembling a handhold anywhere? Surely there are times it gets a bit bumpy.

7 hours ago, Bristol-Cruiser said:

How does one move about that deck with nothing resembling a handhold anywhere? Surely there are times it gets a bit bumpy.

But a handhold would spoil the aesthetics...

They should offer an Aircraft Carrier deck option - nonskid steel with recessed padeyes in a six foot grid so you can walk your double ended tether anywhere.

Bonus points if your girlfriend manages to land her new R22 in the cockpit while the boat is running.

• Like 1

hell, I can do all that shit on my j35, maybe not as fast, but I don't need 3 people hiding down below while I sail some rich fuckers boat around 

On 10/14/2020 at 7:18 AM, inneedofadvice said:

Used?! What are we, paupers?

There are thin lines between getting it / keeping it  / it doesn’t matter / somebody has to blaze a trail

5 hours ago, Amati said:

There are thin lines between getting it / keeping it  / it doesn’t matter / somebody has to blaze a trail

I’ll take your word for it;-)

Lets face it, if i had the disposable income to own one i might..

But i’m unlikely to make a video of me pretending to be soloing it. My guess is some of these people have huge dramatised oil painting of themselves “Taming the beast” above their office fireplaces. Large egos. 
Beautiful yachts though.