The Dark Knight

Australia (and NZ), out the other side.

The shutdowns and social distancing in Aus have managed to limit the impact on the health of Australians and the health system. Our curve has been flattened and you could say that there is some light at the end of the tunnel.

It is obviously too early to take our foot off the gas and when we do we have to be very careful.

It is clear that until there is a vaccine, it is very unlikely that we can go back to normality.

With Tourism and Education being some of the biggest money earners for the country, how are we going to kick start our economy when much of the world is likely to be shutdown for longer than us. NZ seems to be in a similar position.

What's your thoughts on our medium term future?

The pairing back of restrictions will take a long time and my guess is that the Government will be very keen to get the schools and Unis back operating as quick as reasonably possible.

The borders will have to remain closed, but perhaps we could allow a limited number international students to travel here, with an enforced quarantine. Only students who can pay for the quarantine  and can afford to study without needing work would be allowed.

Eventually internal travel will resume and for those not financially affected, they would be encouraged to take a holiday to help out regions affected by the shutdown.

International tourism will probably not happen in 2020.

To help maintain a level of social distancing, work places that can have people working from home, will be encouraged to keep a portion of staff working from home. 

Restaurants will open, but with less tables. Bars and pubs will reopen, but with patrons seated and limited numbers.   

This will mean that the economy will only work at half pace and a lot of people put out of work will remain unemployed for the longer term.

The first open border will be with NZ. 

Make a lot of movies while the rest of the world are in lock down. 

get the stars and directors and producers there - quarantine then film away. We all need more content. 

1 hour ago, The Dark Knight said:

The shutdowns and social distancing in Aus have managed to limit the impact on the health of Australians and the health system. Our curve has been flattened and you could say that there is some light at the end of the tunnel.

It is obviously too early to take our foot off the gas and when we do we have to be very careful.

It is clear that until there is a vaccine, it is very unlikely that we can go back to normality.

With Tourism and Education being some of the biggest money earners for the country, how are we going to kick start our economy when much of the world is likely to be shutdown for longer than us. NZ seems to be in a similar position.

What's your thoughts on our medium term future?

The pairing back of restrictions will take a long time and my guess is that the Government will be very keen to get the schools and Unis back operating as quick as reasonably possible.

The borders will have to remain closed, but perhaps we could allow a limited number international students to travel here, with an enforced quarantine. Only students who can pay for the quarantine  and can afford to study without needing work would be allowed.

Eventually internal travel will resume and for those not financially affected, they would be encouraged to take a holiday to help out regions affected by the shutdown.

International tourism will probably not happen in 2020.

To help maintain a level of social distancing, work places that can have people working from home, will be encouraged to keep a portion of staff working from home. 

Restaurants will open, but with less tables. Bars and pubs will reopen, but with patrons seated and limited numbers.   

This will mean that the economy will only work at half pace and a lot of people put out of work will remain unemployed for the longer term.

The first open border will be with NZ. 

I think we could be back to normal within 3-6 months if we keep going the way we are. 

I don't think kids should be allowed back to school after Easter holidays keep them at home for a month or 2 quite a few schools have had cases. Kids can spread this virus like kids spread gossip in small country towns.

The virus takes about 14 days to incubate patients usually recover or die within another month so there is a very good chance it could become extinct here if we continue with lockdowns and social distancing.

International travellers will continue to be subjected to mandatory quarantine I can't see this changing while virus is running rampant over other parts of the world which will impact tourism industry for some time.

34 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

And the next wave????

At some point in the future we will start and try to get back to something remotely resembling normal. Maybe we could face a New wave and bring back restrictions.

this thread is about how we will go back to normal, not when

this thread is about how we will go back to normal, not when.

Not when? Posts todate indicate the "when" is what defines "normal." 

A business opening or having customers in 6 days is not the same if it doesn't open for 6 weeks and not the same if it takes 6 months. Then multiply those businesses around every postcode. Some cashflow dependent sectors haven't got 6 weeks, there is no normal if you don't exist.

The "when" is everything to determining what "normal" is.

We should be ensuring SA is preserved. If this mongrel thing kills 99% of humanity, 1000 years in the future it'll be a fucking riot for them to be using anarchy as a reference.

There'd be entire industries devoted to working out Snaggs native language for example.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

Yes Dory it is interesting where those countries that didn't concur with you have ended up.

IMG_20200411_114513.jpg

Come on Jack at least he is breaking out with his research. He's now looking at foreign news not just Fox, or is it Fox Foreign, I'm not sure.

6 hours ago, The Dark Knight said:

Fuck the international students.  They have fucked our education system.  Can't fail them, they must pass even if they have no fucking idea.  It is destroying our university reputation and the quality of our students education is going downhill.  In my day if you failed they failed you now you have to write a report on why you failed a student.  I dont see how they add any value to the system other than money

• Like 2

1 hour ago, shaggybaxter said:

Only 9 new cases in the state in the last 24 hours.  

Shaggy to smooth out . Total todays number with previous 4 day's and DIVIDE by total of yesterday and previous 4 day's. Do that every day.

When the resultant daily number (a 5 day agregate) keeps coming up less than 1.0 kicking this virus bitch is working.

2 hours ago, shaggybaxter said:

We should be ensuring SA is preserved. If this mongrel thing kills 99% of humanity, 1000 years in the future it'll be a fucking riot for them to be using anarchy as a reference.

There'd be entire industries devoted to working out Snaggs native language for example.

Most sensible idea I've heard in a while. If we preserve SA do we need LBs posts mixed in with that? 

2 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

Yes Dory it is interesting where those countries that didn't concur with you have ended up.

IMG_20200411_114513.jpg

Hahahahahaha....you idiot!

Actually South Korea proves my point as they decided not to lock down..

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2020/03/26/821688981/how-south-korea-reigned-in-the-outbreak-without-shutting-everything-down

....and they got through.

The Covid-19 hits hard and fast then dies off.I am sure the overall proven mortality will be no more than seasonal flu - just in a smaller timeframe.

58 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

Shaggy to smooth out . Total todays number with previous 4 day's and DIVIDE by total of yesterday and previous 4 day's. Do that every day.

When the resultant daily number (a 5 day agregate) keeps coming up less than 1.0 kicking this virus bitch is working.

...or it has run it's natural course as happened in South Korea.

23 minutes ago, dorydude said:

Hahahahahaha....you idiot!

Actually South Korea proves my point as they decided not to lock down..

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2020/03/26/821688981/how-south-korea-reigned-in-the-outbreak-without-shutting-everything-down

....and they got through.

The Covid-19 hits hard and fast then dies off.I am sure the overall proven mortality will be no more than seasonal flu - just in a smaller timeframe.

You still getting things wrong Dory by the bucketful about your bad flu. 

Korea was first to start locking down on 3 Jan. They had a much longer testing and mitigation strategy so their lockdown was softer like schools closed but most business open. With large test/trace large sections and many people quarantined. You have been told this many times. You need to have a lie down.

Who is the idiot now Dory???

PS Your cite is over two weeks old and mentions schools not closing in Singapore. They didn't have to it was school holidays.

3 hours ago, shaggybaxter said:

Only 9 new cases in the state in the last 24 hours.  

Onya Shaggy!  Here in Massachusetts, population just under7 million, we had a hair over 2000 new cases yesterday.  The good news is that our curve is flattening a bit.  The bad news is 600 people have died in this pretty small state so far.

3 hours ago, FinnFish said:

Most sensible idea I've heard in a while. If we preserve SA do we need LBs posts mixed in with that? 

Get fucked.

2 hours ago, dorydude said:

no more than seasonal flu - just in a smaller timeframe.

Like your dick looks like a cock only smaller.

2 hours ago, dorydude said:

...or it has run it's natural course as happened in South Korea.

???

No fucking way can this thing have run its 'natural' course, there's nothing to feed it.

This place is a ghost town and has been for a few weeks. You only have to look at the numbers in areas where people are still, or late in, acting like its "just a flu" to know that's utter shite.

Either that or it has a particular palate for Italian, Spanish  or American. 

Hope like fuck it doesn't like Indian.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nettles said:

Onya Shaggy!  Here in Massachusetts, population just under7 million, we had a hair over 2000 new cases yesterday.  The good news is that our curve is flattening a bit.  The bad news is 600 people have died in this pretty small state so far.

HIya Nettles,

Man I hope you guys pull through this OK, that's great news if you are seeing hints of a slow down. Is it widespread across the state, or is it Boston for the majority of cases? 

For us it's heavily biased towards the urban areas, most often stemming back to cruise ship passengers. I think something like 70% of our first cases all could be traced back to cruise ships, so we've all been shitting ourselves about the 'community spread' taking root. Thankfully we're not seeing much of it to date, which might be key.

My mother is in a retirement village 10 mins from me, they have had two couples in their village contract it. Both couples got sick on a cruise they just came back from. Both couples self quarantined for two weeks, and did it so effectively (bless their cotton socks) that there's been no spread in the village at all. 

The gentleman died last week. He, his widow and their friends have my heartfelt thanks for their selfless and prompt action, they may well have saved my mother and half the village.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, shaggybaxter said:

???

No fucking way can this thing have run its 'natural' course, there's nothing to feed it.

This place is a ghost town and has been for a few weeks. You only have to look at the numbers in areas where people are still, or late in, acting like its "just a flu" to know that's utter shite.

Either that or it has a particular palate for Italian, Spanish  or American. 

Hope like fuck it doesn't like Indian.   

I’ve seen a lot of crazy and stupid in my time, but this SARS-CoV-2 business has really opened my eyes re how hard some people will fish for wishful magical thinking that the “reality must not be as bad as people make it”

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bill E Goat said:

Fuck the international students.  They have fucked our education system.  Can't fail them, they must pass even if they have no fucking idea.  It is destroying our university reputation and the quality of our students education is going downhill.  In my day if you failed they failed you now you have to write a report on why you failed a student.  I dont see how they add any value to the system other than money

Sad but true...

6 hours ago, Bill E Goat said:

I dont see how they add any value to the system other than money

Money is all that matters for the unis...

Not sure what the other states are doing but here in WA the Govt has banned inter-regional travel, however there are a number of exemptions.

Our statewide new case numbers have been mostly in the single figures for a number of days now, even more so if you remove the cases from the Artania cruise ship. The vast majority of new WA based cases are people who have returned from overseas. There has been VERY limited community transmission.

Due to the inter-regional travel bans I'm hoping that regional areas will be able to relax restrictions earlier than the Perth metro region. I'm not aware of ANY community transmission in Albany and the region, which is the Great Southern. As such I'm hoping that after a certain time period of no new cases or community transmission that we can get back to some form of normalcy with those over 65 still being restricted to some degree because the virus seems to affect the elderly more, probably due to pre-exisiting medical issues.

There's a report on ABC News Online this morning discussing the how and when re relaxing restrictions. It's written by Insiders host David Spiers so no doubt that's been the focus of discussion on that show this morning, not that I watch it...besides it's not 0900 here in West Oz so it's not on yet, although I could view it on iView no doubt. Link to article below

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-04-12/coronavirus-curve-flattens-but-new-questions-worry-australians/12140962

I'd be comfortable opening up things a bit in 2-3 weeks on this island within an island on an island.

Oh and Happy Easter

9 hours ago, The Dark Knight said:

Sad but true...

Money is all that matters for the unis...

There’s a right way to have international students. Other than the money- grad students or undergrads from particularly unique or challenging backgrounds can bring a lot to the table and cross pollinate with other students. 

the problem with PRC kids in NZ is they’re neither the brightest otherwise they’ll be at a top institution in a larger country, or particularly challenged because they’re mainly brats from one child policy and rich parents buying them luxury cars to commute with. 

https://www.theage.com.au/politics/federal/borders-to-stay-closed-travellers-urged-to-see-australia-first-once-curbs-ease-20200410-p54iw4.html

Australians will have to wait until the end of this year or beyond to restart overseas travel amid estimates the coronavirus crisis has wiped out inbound and domestic tourism worth $9 billion a month.

Travel restrictions could be eased within states if efforts to slow the spread of the virus succeed in the months ahead, but travel across state borders and outside Australia will face tough bans for the longer term.

We'll know this week if the lockdown will be lifted.

That says nothing at all about how long before the borders are open.

I fear no matter what Americans are going to have to be belled like lepers for much international travel for a couple of years. I full anticipate stupid border crossing policies which affect us because of the color of our passport books rather than where we've been lately.

17 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

I fear no matter what Americans are going to have to be belled like lepers 

I do not blame the rest of the world for the way they will be forced to treat us.

11 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:
30 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

I fear no matter what Americans are going to have to be belled like lepers 

I do not blame the rest of the world for the way they will be forced to treat us.

Nope.

I always wondered, clearing into countries over the last eight years, what it would be like to travel under the flag of a country on the "Risk List." Those were mostly third world places, not places you'd think someone could ever afford a boat to go off cruising, but they were on the list of risks for various diseases and faced different processing and paperwork, potentially. Some of the was visas and treaties, to be sure, but some countries put you on lists where you needed extra medical clearance.

I suspect if I don't sell the boat here in NZ, I'll be finding out what it's like traveling on a third world, Risk List passport.

Yep, what did Donnie call them,  Shithole Countries,  he made a great deal and organised free membership.

Be a bitch having to quarantine for 14 days at every port of call too

48 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

No way the lockdown will be lifted in April.  Assuming the 14 incubation period everyone is clinging to, they’re going to want 2 complete cycles plus a bit spare for non-symptomatic cases to pass before letting us frolic.  So that’s at least 5 weeks from the start of lock down.  Add to that a lot of people have been very loose with the rules this weekend (we’ve seen a lot of cars we don’t know on our one way street) and I think the government is resigned to that so I this 5 weeks from this weekend is the earliest we’ll see a reduction in the rules and only them if we keep dropping in new cases.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SCARECROW said:

No way the lockdown will be lifted in April.  Assuming the 14 incubation period everyone is clinging to, they’re going to want 2 complete cycles plus a bit spare for non-symptomatic cases to pass before letting us frolic.  So that’s at least 5 weeks from the start of lock down.  Add to that a lot of people have been very loose with the rules this weekend (we’ve seen a lot of cars we don’t know on our one way street) and I think the government is resigned to that so I this 5 weeks from this weekend is the earliest we’ll see a reduction in the rules and only them if we keep dropping in new cases.

Dan is extending our lockdown until at least May 11

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-04-12/victoria-coronavirus-state-of-emergency-extended-to-may-11/12143168

4 minutes ago, The Dark Knight said:

Fuck I mean good I mean fuck (actually in support).

edit.  just listened to the press conference.  He didn't actually say that.  just extended the state of emergency till the 11 of may which is about centralizing powers and enforcement.

13 minutes ago, SCARECROW said:
1 hour ago, B.J. Porter said:

They're going to need to let the liquor stores open for a day...

thought you would have turned the boat's engine into a still buy now.

2 minutes ago, SCARECROW said:

thought you would have turned the boat's engine into a still buy now.

The thing most people don't realize about bathtub gin is you need vodka to make it...

12 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

BJ bottlos not open in NZ like food? Isn't it food?

I’ve been thinking about how business will be dealing with international suppliers/clients when we start tentatively opening up international flights again. 
Any country that is still struggling to get a grip on containing this thing will be ostracised in a heartbeat. There is no way on Gods green earth that any nation is going to run the risk of some numpty getting in and starting a community spread. 
I’m half expecting a paradigm shift in who we will be able to trade with. Sth Korea are no slouch in IT manufacturing for example, and based on their track record on containment and control they’ll have half the world kicking down their doors as a ‘safe’ alternate .

Am already seeing rumblings from Government about writing in Coronavirus mitigation as part of their contracts. 

6 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:
17 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

BJ bottlos not open in NZ like food? Isn't it food?

You can get beer & wine in the grocery, but the liquor stores are classified as non-essential.

Unless something's changed anyway. We've not been to the grocery in a week or so, it's on my list for tomorrow and there's a Liquorland next door. But that's been closed.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, B.J. Porter said:

You can get beer & wine in the grocery, but the liquor stores are classified as non-essential.

Unless something's changed anyway. We've not been to the grocery in a week or so, it's on my list for tomorrow and there's a Liquorland next door. But that's been closed.

But wait...it looks like they've figured out how to do contactless delivery!

OK...

55 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

The thing most people don't realize about bathtub gin is you need vodka to make it...

the good news is as long as you have wine you can make vodka.....

Does your exhaust have a waterlift muffler?

21 minutes ago, SCARECROW said:

the good news is as long as you have wine you can make vodka.....

Does your exhaust have a waterlift muffler?

Just drink the wine and take it easy..

5 minutes ago, The Dark Knight said:

I don't care what everyone says about you.  You're a fucking genius.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SCARECROW said:

Fuck I mean good I mean fuck (actually in support).

edit.  just listened to the press conference.  He didn't actually say that.  just extended the state of emergency till the 11 of may which is about centralizing powers and enforcement.

It's just a shame that he is an arrogant fuck. 

I don't care what everyone says about you.  You're a fucking genius.

Stopped clock and all, but yeah, he's spot on.

It's just a shame that he is an arrogant fuck. 

Mate you can't let Hoppy resurface :lol:

2 hours ago, shaggybaxter said:

I’ve been thinking about how business will be dealing with international suppliers/clients when we start tentatively opening up international flights again... 

..Am already seeing rumblings from Government about writing in Coronavirus mitigation as part of their contracts .  

Mate fuck have you been reading my emails.

I've been thinking about how I can make a submission to the Government for weeks and just sent it off last week. I'm after a Convid Community Containment Cunt (CCCC) licence....mainly so I can get my automatic stainless shotgun hidden in the headliner licensed.

Plan is to start a school to produce a lot of these community cunts. I could advertise on SA and be deluged with both wanna-be-cunts and proven gold rolled cunts. All itching to go and wanting be even bigger dead cunts...not dead literally, that's happens to the community cunts who gets all yappy going cunty on one of my Constable Cunts.

Now that you know I'll keep you posted cunt.

2 hours ago, The Dark Knight said:

It's just a shame that he is an arrogant fuck. a corrupt arrogant cunt

5 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

But wait...it looks like they've figured out how to do contactless delivery!

OK...

Big Barrel has been taking online orders since lock down. Now the others have come up with an answer. Can get a couple of minutes exercise and top up the shelf.

38 minutes ago, Gissie said:

Big Barrel has been taking online orders since lock down. Now the others have come up with an answer. Can get a couple of minutes exercise and top up the shelf.

Now I just have to get them to come to the right dock...

Anyone here in Aus watch 60 minutes? As part of the program they interviewed Professor Peter Collignon who is an Infectious Diseases physician and microbiologist at the Canberra Hospital. He thinks that some of the rules being enforced by the states as part of "social distancing" are nonsense. He seen no risk in driving your car with household members, sitting on a beach or in the park as long as you maintain the appropriate social distancing. Quite frankly his professional opinion is in line with common sense that the Governments lack.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, The Dark Knight said:

Anyone here in Aus watch 60 minutes? As part of the program they interviewed Professor Peter Collignon who is an Infectious Diseases physician and microbiologist at the Canberra Hospital. He thinks that some of the rules being enforced by the states as part of "social distancing" are nonsense. He seen no risk in driving your car with household members, sitting on a beach or in the park as long as you maintain the appropriate social distancing. Quite frankly his professional opinion is in line with common sense that the Governments lack.

I think everyone agrees those things are actually low risk.  The point is they become the thin edge of the wedge.

i had to go and get a new globe for my wife’s car’s headlight yesterday and I was shocked how many cars were on the road.

• Like 1

Also on this program was Emma McBryde of James Cook Uni who is an infectious diseases physician who does modelling of infectious diseases.

She talks about allowing the disease to spread through specific low risk groups (schools) to start us getting out of the lock down and Professor Collignon agrees.

Anyway the key thing is that whilst we don't want to end up doing a Sweden, letting the death toll go through the roof knowingly, as a country I think we should be so risk adverse that we shit ourselves if people keep on dying at a slow rate. We need to have a balance between life and peoples lives.

Unfortunately, with our nanny state Governments, especially at state level, they will be too risk adverse and some states will continue going too far.

Watch this  

https://www.9now.com.au/60-minutes/2020/clip-ck8wrlnp200470hmexh8y6ebk

https://www.9now.com.au/60-minutes/2020/clip-ck8wrxgom00430hmfgg8otr2s

I think we totally did the right thing as we are limiting transmission, especially from the high risk groups, the returning Aussies. to some extent we have a level of control over it. Now we need to accept that we cannot eradicate it from society without a vaccine and get our lives back to a new normal that will allow the economy to start functioning again whilst using social distancing, a bit of "herd immunity" and an acceptance that some people will still continue to die. Either way, people are going to die because of covid 19, either by the disease, suicide or illnesses made worse by stress etc... 

10 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

Now I just have to get them to come to the right dock...

Send it to my place and I could drop it off later. After testing it is the right stuff of course...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SCARECROW said:

I think everyone agrees those things are actually low risk.  The point is they become the thin edge of the wedge.

i had to go and get a new globe for my wife’s car’s headlight yesterday and I was shocked how many cars were on the road.

Correct, people are already pushing the boundary. Move it out and they will just push further. There is a reason someone came up with the inch and mile saying.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gissie said:

Send it to my place and I could drop it off later. After testing it is the right stuff of course...

Fuckin long drive from poverty bay to fongaray 

On 4/11/2020 at 9:03 PM, Bill E Goat said:

Agree  in principle but a few foreign students should be allowed on the basis of building and sharing human knowledge, not as a product. This is the neoliberal kool aid we have all drunk- that Uni's are or should be profit making, the education is a "cost" and its all about producing accountants and lawyers. Degree mills in other words. 

In NZ we have bent over and taken massive corporate cock up our collective assholes in the form of look at the natives tourism and student fee paying tourism. We sent our manufacturing to China, fuck I still remember when one of our major appliance manufacturers opening plant in china was seen as progress because it was too expensive here (read we only want to pay slave wages so fuck you NZers)

We aint going back to normal for along time 

1 hour ago, 44forty said:

Fuckin long drive from poverty bay to fongaray 

It would be, but I doubt that I live there.

1 hour ago, toad said:

Agree  in principle but a few foreign students should be allowed on the basis of building and sharing human knowledge, not as a product. This is the neoliberal kool aid we have all drunk- that Uni's are or should be profit making, the education is a "cost" and its all about producing accountants and lawyers. Degree mills in other words. 

In NZ we have bent over and taken massive corporate cock up our collective assholes in the form of look at the natives tourism and student fee paying tourism. We sent our manufacturing to China, fuck I still remember when one of our major appliance manufacturers opening plant in china was seen as progress because it was too expensive here (read we only want to pay slave wages so fuck you NZers)

We aint going back to normal for along time 

Our manufacturing started the move because we wanted to believe that we lived in a green and clean environment. The cost to be that clean was unable to compete with places like China. China was willing to pollute and kill its citizens in the drive to modernise and succeed.

We got to deceive ourselves we lived in a pollution free country. Biggest con job of last century. Most of the western world fell for the same crap. It is only now, as China starts to finally consider having pollution controls of its own that wages start to come into it.

As for having a few Chinese students on the "basis of building and sharing human knowledge", you are joking aren't you? Any knowledge transfer will be a one way street.

• Like 1

You know what really pisses me off about all this? It’s Easter, and because of this social distancing crap, I couldn’t find anyone to come over and share my traditional Easter Sunday boiled bat soup...

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SCARECROW said:

3 hours ago, Gissie said:

Correct, people are already pushing the boundary. Move it out and they will just push further. There is a reason someone came up with the inch and mile saying.

The problem is that the Government is that they are following their speed limit/revenue raising methodology. Which is just fucked.

The speed limits around schools are 40kmh and I vaguely recall that the cameras are set at 43kmh. This means that people spend too much time looking at their speedo and not enough looking for children. If the Government were genuine about not using speed cameras for revenue raising, then if 43kmh was a dangerous speed, then they would set the speed limit to 30kmh and set the camera to 40kmh. Then drivers could spend more time looking at the road.

The problem in Aus is that the Governments have conditioned us to pushing boundaries because they have created far too many nonsensical restrictions on our society.

Too fucking right, the aussie cops are cunts

this guy was ahead of his time, no cov-19 getting through this mask.

image.jpg

19 hours ago, The Dark Knight said:

He seen no risk in driving your car with household members, sitting on a beach or in the park as long as you maintain the appropriate social distancing. Quite frankly his professional  opinion is in line with common sense that the  Governments lack.

Hop it is not these actions which is the concern but if it wasn't restricted the added resources then having to be deployed to keep an eye on it and then added risk it brings to those in police service etc. Overkill for us but underkill for those having to do a job we don't.

1 hour ago, jack_sparrow said:

Hop it is not these actions which is the concern but if it wasn't restricted the added resources then having to be deployed to keep an eye on it and then added risk it brings to those in police service etc. Overkill for us but underkill for those having to do a job we don't.

If they leave drivers alone, then they can monitor the roads as usual. As for parks and beaches, the police are patrolling them anyway, but instead of harassing individuals and couples sitting, they can probably police a larger area by just looking for bigger groups.

On 4/12/2020 at 10:19 PM, SCARECROW said:

Part of the containment concept is to keep people in their own ‘hood. If you have got selfish cunts moving around all over the place it makes it impossible to contact trace and put out the ‘spot fires’. We are presently still Virus free in the Wynnum- Manly area but we are invaded every day by Bogans from all over the city coming down here to launch their bogan tinnies. ‘Fuck off back to Logan’ is my new favourite insult. 

12 hours ago, The Dark Knight said:

If they leave drivers alone, then they can monitor the roads as usual. As for parks and beaches, the police are patrolling them anyway, but instead of harassing individuals and couples sitting, they can probably police a larger area by just looking for bigger groups.

Must be a major problem in Melbourne. Where do all the closet poofs hook up now if the toilet blocks are closed?

20 hours ago, The Dark Knight said:

The problem is that the Government is that they are following their speed limit/revenue raising methodology. Which is just fucked.

The speed limits around schools are 40kmh and I vaguely recall that the cameras are set at 43kmh. This means that people spend too much time looking at their speedo and not enough looking for children. If the Government were genuine about not using speed cameras for revenue raising, then if 43kmh was a dangerous speed, then they would set the speed limit to 30kmh and set the camera to 40kmh. Then drivers could spend more time looking at the road.

The problem in Aus is that the Governments have conditioned us to pushing boundaries because they have created far too many nonsensical restrictions on our society.

Yes the cops inforcing these restrictions are not working at all here in Aus are they? I wish we could be more like Sweden. Just suck it up Mate and stay the fuck at home.

LB, please - I am in self-isolation from Hoppy's drivel and you are introducing his nasty virus into my secure cave.  Please be considerate and don't spread the virus.

Thank you.

www.shelterinplace.org.au

1 hour ago, LB 15 said:

Part of the containment concept is to keep people in their own ‘hood. If you have got selfish cunts moving around all over the place it makes it impossible to contact trace and put out the ‘spot fires’. We are presently still Virus free in the Wynnum- Manly area but we are invaded every day by Bogans from all over the city coming down here to launch their bogan tinnies. ‘Fuck off back to Logan’ is my new favourite insult. 

Chinese are now on move courtesy of a Govt App that gets them to declare various things plus they get alerted if they venture close to someplace/somebody not good.

LB with water one side and only a few ways in, your postcode would be one of the best going I would think.

1 hour ago, LB 15 said:

Must be a major problem in Melbourne. Where do all the closet poofs hook up now if the toilet blocks are closed?

Just e-mail them your address, mate. They'll find ya.

original-19593-1449770344-3.png.jpeg

• Like 1

Hey Kiwis stop fucking dying.  You were doing so well there for a while, now you're blurring the message.

It got in to a rest home.  Happy hunting ground in there sadly

Much of the disease in the far south is from one wedding.  I see the groom's father has died

........ fuck I'm bored.....

10 minutes ago, wal' said:

It got in to a rest home.  Happy hunting ground in there sadly

Hate to say it, but no way I’m getting dragged to one of those places, to just wait in bed for this year’s novel virus, or next winter’s flu, or a bed sore infection to take me. I will die doing something worthwhile while you’re still mobile and sentient, if I have any choice.

...and whats with the fucking soft selling it. They are not “rest homes” they are places to stash people until they die, away from society so we don’t have to feel sad about it.

Hey Kiwis stop fucking dying.  You were doing so well there for a while, now you're blurring the message.

Still mostly the nursing home cluster.

9 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

Still mostly the nursing home cluster.

I don't want your excuses, just stop doing it!

Daily New Confirmed Cases (rolling 7 day average) gives a good picture for Aust & NZ

IMG_20200414_145321.jpg.a29b58776b983a8342859d31de452270.jpg

Deaths per capita on the turn

IMG_20200414_153805.jpg

• Like 1

On 4/13/2020 at 12:23 PM, Gissie said:

It would be, but I doubt that I live there.

Doubtless you do 

4 hours ago, Controversial_posts said:

Hate to say it, but no way I’m getting dragged to one of those places, to just wait in bed for this year’s novel virus, or next winter’s flu, or a bed sore infection to take me. I will die doing something worthwhile while you’re still mobile and sentient, if I have any choice.

...and whats with the fucking soft selling it. They are not “rest homes” they are places to stash people until they die, away from society so we don’t have to feel sad about it.

Actually they have become places to stash you away while they remove every penny from you bank then go for any assets they may have missed. Once you are cleaned out they hand you over to the places that can survive on the government subsidy. There they will keep you alive enough to collect the cash, but not mobile enough to cause problems.

So yeah, better to plan early if you want to miss this step out.

2 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

Daily New Confirmed Cases (rolling 7 day average) gives a good picture for Aust & NZ

Deaths per capita on the turn

IMG_20200414_153805.jpg

Well looks like we're getting it sorted. Sweden doing better than some given their let it burn mentality.

14 hours ago, LB 15 said:

They all moved to SEQ well before Covid-19

14 hours ago, LB 15 said:

Yes the cops inforcing these restrictions are not working at all here in Aus are they? I wish we could be more like Sweden. Just suck it up Mate and stay the fuck at home.

Inforcing sounds like something that you are trying to do to Mrs Octopus. The rest of the world calls it rape.

• Like 1

ok you homos, shut the fuck up stay the fuck at home and stop quoting the socks

So they do the modelling in NZ

Best case looking at something like 400000 unemployed for bit, there's about 120 -150 K at moment. - you have to work it out yourself because they just talk percentages which make it a lot less real.

The good news is that if you spend another $20  billion you can reduce this by maybe 100000 to 150000 thousand, sounds great right?

But that works out at $200000 to $133000 per job saved. The median wage in NZ is only $52000

Only a government can get that bad a return on their money, they don't exactly present it that way though.

Then again I'd be quite happy totake $150K, employ myself and make the numbers look good.

These are the same sort of numbers that governments used to use in the 70's /80's to support dying industries, $200K to support a $20K job, guess where the difference goes.

23 minutes ago, BOI Guy said:

So they do the modelling in NZ

Best case looking at something like 400000 unemployed for bit, there's about 120 -150 K at moment. - you have to work it out yourself because they just talk percentages which make it a lot less real.

The good news is that if you spend another $20  billion you can reduce this by maybe 100000 to 150000 thousand, sounds great right?

But that works out at $200000 to $133000 per job saved. The median wage in NZ is only $52000

Only a government can get that bad a return on their money, they don't exactly present it that way though.

Then again I'd be quite happy totake $150K, employ myself and make the numbers look good.

These are the same sort of numbers that governments used to use in the 70's /80's to support dying industries, $200K to support a $20K job, guess where the difference goes.

Now you know why they use percentages......

It is not not so obvious and not many can be bothered to translate that to real terms....

Treasurer Freidenberg announced yesterday, that without the 130billion stimulus package, “Corona” unemployment would have gone up from 10% to 15% . So the 5% unemployment saved amounts to ~ 700,000 jobs at $185,000 each.