Sign in to follow this  
svitale

Graphic shows how the coronavirus evoled and spread

Recommended Posts

I came across this site today.  Hit the Play button on the right graphic and you can see how the virus spread.

Genomic epidemiology of novel coronavirus - Global subsampling

https://nextstrain.org/ncov/global

It all came from China but then the rest of the world helped spread it all over.  I was surprised how many strains flowed out of the US to Australia and Europe

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, svitale said:

I came across this site today.  Hit the Play button on the right graphic and you can see how the virus spread.

Genomic epidemiology of novel coronavirus - Global subsampling

https://nextstrain.org/ncov/global

It all came from China but then the rest of the world helped spread it all over.  I was surprised how many strains flowed out of the US to Australia and Europe

 

thanks , i've been kinda tracking it on paper, thought this graph was interesting as it shows how fast it spread do to air travel, maybe we shouldn't bail out the airlines?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

cool graphic but you can't count a lick of what the lying chinese f*cks say, or the paid off WHO flunky.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, bgytr said:

cool graphic but you can't count a lick of what the lying chinese f*cks say, or the paid off WHO flunky.

Love how you Trump bootlickers get right on board with his message. Pity you couldn't use all this coordination to actually fight the virus instead of playing the blame game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, pusslicker said:

Love how you Trump bootlickers get right on board with his message. Pity you couldn't use all this coordination to actually fight the virus instead of playing the blame game.

I didn't vote for Trump shithead- I can't stand him.  Do a search online about China lying about the virus.  Sources from all over the political spectrum are pretty unified about it.

Does it really make sense to you that a country where the virus originated with 3 times the population of the U.S. has significantly fewer reported cases?  What a pile of bullshit- you are an idiot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe he was largely referring to your gratuitous slamming of the WHO.  They have been ahead of and consistently ignored by the White House to our detriment.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Left Shift said:

I believe he was largely referring to your gratuitous slamming of the WHO.  They have been ahead of and consistently ignored by the White House to our detriment.  

Again, WHO widely criticized in media from all angles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, bgytr said:

Does it really make sense to you that a country where the virus originated with 3 times the population of the U.S. has significantly fewer reported cases?  What a pile of bullshit- you are an idiot.

It originated in China yes.

On 1 Feb there were less than 100 cases outside China.

For the month of February the US pretended it didn't exist.

The US contributed more to its spread around the world than any other country.

IMG_20200407_121924.jpg.0a1bec81bd88e00b2398590682ca3530.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Left Shift said:

I believe he was largely referring to your gratuitous slamming of the WHO.  They have been ahead of and consistently ignored by the White House to our detriment.  

There's no excuse for our own failings, but if the WHO didn't suppress Taiwan's data for political reasons, we'd be looking at a very different pandemic. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, bgytr said:

Again, WHO widely criticized in media from all angles.

Rubbish. The WHO critisised only in certian sections of the US media.

Note: WHO have been justifiably critisised for their decentralised nature and work in areas outside epidemics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Elegua said:

There's no excuse for our own failings, but if the WHO didn't suppress Taiwan's data for political reasons, we'd be looking at a very different pandemic. 

WHO do not have a presence in Taiwan.

Taiwan is not a member of WHO.

Taiwan has been denied observer status at the WHO since 2016.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, bgytr said:

From your minor smattering

That critical of WHO is all largely US sources.

Foriegn sources are largely critical of China not WHO.

Only one of those sources is on the money.

I agree with your last sentence only, except I would have said "rat fuckers."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jack_sparrow said:

WHO do not have a presence in Taiwan.

Taiwan is not a member of WHO.

Taiwan has been denied observer status at the WHO since 2016.

That's the point. It collects Taiwanese data and generally combines it with Chinese data - which if you actually understood the situation, is preposterous. The Taiwanese story wasn't matching the official line from China, so it got quashed. We went through this once before. You didn't get it then, so you won't get it now. 

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-taiwan-who/taiwan-says-who-not-sharing-coronavirus-information-it-provides-pressing-complaints-idUSKBN21H1AU

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Elegua said:

That's the point. It collects Taiwanese data and generally combines it with Chinese data - which if you actually understood the situation, is preposterousThe Taiwanese story wasn't matching the official line from China, so it got quashed. We went through this once before. You didn't get it then, so you won't get it now. 

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-taiwan-who/taiwan-says-who-not-sharing-coronavirus-information-it-provides-pressing-complaints-idUSKBN21H1AU

By saying that you are trusting China ahead of Taiwan.

Those in Asia do not trust anything both China and Taiwan say about this virus. 

Those from outside Asia might have a different view. They are wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

By saying that you are trusting China ahead of Taiwan.

Those in Asia do not trust anything both China and Taiwan say about this virus. 

Those from outside Asia might have a different view. They are wrong.

No, I do not trust China ahead of Taiwan. Quite the contrary. Taiwan has consistently provided high quality health data and has a very robust national healthcare system.

Anyone in Asia would know that.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And you don't think WHO getting a big fat check from China just might be swaying their actions?  cmon.  Just like lobbyists and corporate donations don't manipulate votes in Congress.  Right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Elegua said:

No, I do not trust China ahead of Taiwan. Quite the contrary. Taiwan has consistently provided high quality health data and has a very robust national healthcare system.

Anyone in Asia would know that.  

What's Taiwans good healthcare system got to do with it. Anyway leave it that you have it wired.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

What's Taiwans good healthcare system got to do with it. Anyway leave it that you have it wired.

Say what? That's why they caught it early and why they still get to go out to the pub today. Now only if the WHO allowed them to report it instead of playing irredentist games with China. 

Since you live in Asia, I no longer live there, you might take some time to learn something about it.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Elegua said:

Say what? That's why they caught it early and why they still get to go out to the pub today. Now only if the WHO allowed them to report it instead of playing irredentist games with China. 

Since you live in Asia, you might take some time to learn something about it.  

Fuck me allowed Taiwan to report it?? Taiwan is not a member of the United Nations or WHO at the insistence of China and only China.

You make it sound as though Taiwan is the only place in Asia to provide WHO with a heads up. What about Singapore, Australia, Sth Korea, Thailand and Japan all with more first cases in advance of Taiwan

My view on the blame game. The citizens of the world as a thank you present for what they have to endure both loss of life and economically should send this bat-fucker off to do some bat fucking.

First to Beijing to deal with the chief rat-fucker PLUS WHO's man on the ground there (for fucking around up until 31 December when world alerted). Then to Washington to deal with Mr fucks-anything-with-a-heartbeat and because he knew what was coming but did nothing, make that two orifices.

1586225511158.jpg

IMG_20200414_064724.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

Fuck me allowed Taiwan to report it?? Taiwan is not a member of the United Nations or WHO at the insistence of China and only China.

Yes. And the WHO doesn't have the minerals to say "No" to China. 

24 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

First to Beijing to deal with the chief rat-fucker PLUS WHO's man on the ground there (for fucking around up until 31 December when world alerted). Then to Washington to deal with Mr fucks-anything-with-a-heartbeat and because he knew what was coming but did nothing, make that two orifices.

Well, that would make two of us then. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Elegua said:

Well, that would make two of us then

This Trump retweet uesterday of DeAnna Lorraine, a Californian Republican with hash tag Fire Fauci really makes everyone feel comfortable. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, bgytr said:

I didn't vote for Trump shithead- I can't stand him.  Do a search online about China lying about the virus.  Sources from all over the political spectrum are pretty unified about it.

Does it really make sense to you that a country where the virus originated with 3 times the population of the U.S. has significantly fewer reported cases?  What a pile of bullshit- you are an idiot.

And yet you have accepted the "don't worry about the US abysimal performance and how Trump has killed thousands ... over there ... see the Chinese lying?"

Get a grip, you have been punked, just don't see it yourself and that's sad.

The US figures are porked as well, they are not counting some deaths categories the the Italians have been.  But oh no, blame the Chinese!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, astro said:

And yet you have accepted the "don't worry about the US abysimal performance and how Trump has killed thousands ... over there ... see the Chinese lying?"

Get a grip, you have been punked, just don't see it yourself and that's sad.

The US figures are porked as well, they are not counting some deaths categories the the Italians have been.  But oh no, blame the Chinese!

The US can be improved upon, no doubt.  Trump has a free press and political opponents checking him every second.  China?  uh- nope.  You go against Xi and you and your family disappear.

China is an evil authoritarian regime.  Big difference.  Maybe think about who has been punked.  Take a look in the mirror.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, bgytr said:

The US can be improved upon, no doubt.  Trump has a free press and political opponents checking him every second.  China?  uh- nope.  You go against Xi and you and your family disappear.

China is an evil authoritarian regime.  Big difference.  Maybe think about who has been punked.  Take a look in the mirror.

Ever heard of John Kennedy?  He went against those in power in the US as well.  The Fed didn't appreciate it apparently.  In the USA, those in power are not in politics.  At least in China, you can see their faces.

Do you want me to go on? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, astro said:

Ever heard of John Kennedy?  He went against those in power in the US as well.  The Fed didn't appreciate it apparently.  In the USA, those in power are not in politics.  At least in China, you can see their faces.

Do you want me to go on? 

You think you can put the US and China in the same boat, you are friggin deranged.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bgytr said:

The US can be improved upon, no doubt.  Trump has a free press and political opponents checking him every second.

 

Trump is working very hard to make that not the case. Nobody is checking him at all and won't as long as Moscow Mitch runs the Senate.  But thanks for playing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, astro said:

Ever heard of John Kennedy?  He went against those in power in the US as well.  The Fed didn't appreciate it apparently.  In the USA, those in power are not in politics.  At least in China, you can see their faces.

Do you want me to go on? 

When they bring up jfk is when you know they are a nutjob...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Controversial_posts said:

When they bring up jfk is when you know they are a nutjob...

In China people are whisked away, shot in the back of the head and their organs harvested.

In the USA they are executed in broad daylight as a warning to others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this