Sign in to follow this  
Coolerking

For the Flight Sim Junkies

Yep, I've been doing DCS now for about 6 months.  Went all in with a big computer and VR.  VR is THE only way to go IMHO nowadays for flight simming.  The immersion is incredible.  You are sitting in the cockpit rather than looking at a flat screen sitting on your desk.  

DCS itself is amazing as well.  The modeling of both the aircraft and the weapons is stunning and honestly I don't know how they're getting their data and not running afoul of the US Gov export rules (ITAR).  

If you're a flight sim fan - there is nothing out there better on the market at the moment, IMHO.  And it has something for everyone as it covers aircraft from WWII through Korea to modern 4th gen fighters from the mid-2000s.  I'm currently concentrating on "flying" the Hornet at the moment and it's like being back in flight training all over again.  The depth of the systems and weapons is amazing.  

20 minutes ago, Female Canine Firestorm said:

Yep, I've been doing DCS now for about 6 months.  Went all in with a big computer and VR.  VR is THE only way to go IMHO nowadays for flight simming.  The immersion is incredible.  You are sitting in the cockpit rather than looking at a flat screen sitting on your desk.  

DCS itself is amazing as well.  The modeling of both the aircraft and the weapons is stunning and honestly I don't know how they're getting their data and not running afoul of the US Gov export rules (ITAR).  

If you're a flight sim fan - there is nothing out there better on the market at the moment, IMHO.  And it has something for everyone as it covers aircraft from WWII through Korea to modern 4th gen fighters from the mid-2000s.  I'm currently concentrating on "flying" the Hornet at the moment and it's like being back in flight training all over again.  The depth of the systems and weapons is amazing.  

Meh.... can't be used for instrument currency.  I'll go have more fun spinning a Tomahawk.