Sign in to follow this  
Matagi

Vintage Wine: Whitbread 89/90 movie

Recommended Posts

Popped up in my recommendations. 

 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you, will watch that later.

Pretty strong thumbnail game from TOR though.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had completely forgotten that there were fatalities during this edition, it sure looks very tough. But Maiden, what legendary girls to this day.

Btw: what is an "ice-burg"?

 

 

 

Just kidding.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Matagi said:

I had completely forgotten that there were fatalities during this edition, it sure looks very tough. But Maiden, what legendary girls to this day.

Agreed. Do you where to stream the Maiden documentary, for us in Europe?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Misbehavin' said:

Agreed. Do you where to stream the Maiden documentary, for us in Europe?

No, but I will look for it

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The movie brought many nice memories...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Trovão said:

The movie brought many nice memories...

For me, an obsessed Aussie based in Amsterdam and then London over the course of the race, my abiding memory is jumping on to the fax machine as soon as I got into the office, then once or twice more a day to dial the official server to get the latest position reports - can't recall how often, maybe 6 or 12 hourly?.  I think I even went in one Saturday to pick up a position report.  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DickDastardly said:

For me, an obsessed Aussie based in Amsterdam and then London over the course of the race, my abiding memory is jumping on to the fax machine as soon as I got into the office, then once or twice more a day to dial the official server to get the latest position reports - can't recall how often, maybe 6 or 12 hourly?.  I think I even went in one Saturday to pick up a position report.  

I was at the 2nd Punta Del Este/Uruguay stopover and managed to visit almost all of the boats.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/21/2020 at 5:51 PM, Matagi said:

Popped up in my recommendations. 

 

 

Fantastic vid. My favorite part is how it ends just as some of the boats have reached Punta del Este for the second time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/21/2020 at 5:24 PM, Trovão said:

I was at the 2nd Punta Del Este/Uruguay stopover and managed to visit almost all of the boats.

I was in California, SF Bay area. October 17, when we had our '89 earthquake. My friends in Punta said the harbor drained and refilled the tidal range in about an hour,  on October 18. Did you experience that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jhc said:

I was in California, SF Bay area. October 17, when we had our '89 earthquake. My friends in Punta said the harbor drained and refilled the tidal range in about an hour,  on October 18. Did you experience that?

I am not sure, I might remember something like that but the memories are kinda foggy after all those years, specially considering the ammount of (very tasty) Uruguayan beer we've been consuming in the days we were in Punta for the race.

image.jpeg.2e2bed1fed8c1a1c0bbca6cc7b0181c7.jpegimage.jpeg.c6f6be41cb61dac75fc646fba4e21e3a.jpegimage.jpeg.81ba7d2718db970abf4d0197ce53e4a3.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was working at Ullman on the Hamble when Steinlager finished.....borrowed the rescue boats from Weston SC and followed her in (with everybody else) amazing watching the crew work as they gybed in......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

amazing stuff. Longer version here

 

 

 

Merit is currently on the hard at cracker boy. Any ideas what going on?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/22/2020 at 7:46 AM, Misbehavin' said:

Agreed. Do you where to stream the Maiden documentary, for us in Europe?

Check Apple TV - I watched it in NZ a couple of weeks back on there

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this