Sign in to follow this  
Matagi

Vintage Wine: Whitbread 89/90 movie

Popped up in my recommendations. 

• Like 4

Thank you, will watch that later.

Pretty strong thumbnail game from TOR though.

• Like 3

I had completely forgotten that there were fatalities during this edition, it sure looks very tough. But Maiden, what legendary girls to this day.

Btw: what is an "ice-burg"?

Just kidding.

5 minutes ago, Matagi said:

I had completely forgotten that there were fatalities during this edition, it sure looks very tough. But Maiden, what legendary girls to this day.

Agreed. Do you where to stream the Maiden documentary, for us in Europe?

24 minutes ago, Misbehavin' said:

No, but I will look for it

• Like 1

The movie brought many nice memories...

1 hour ago, Trovão said:

The movie brought many nice memories...

For me, an obsessed Aussie based in Amsterdam and then London over the course of the race, my abiding memory is jumping on to the fax machine as soon as I got into the office, then once or twice more a day to dial the official server to get the latest position reports - can't recall how often, maybe 6 or 12 hourly?.  I think I even went in one Saturday to pick up a position report.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DickDastardly said:

For me, an obsessed Aussie based in Amsterdam and then London over the course of the race, my abiding memory is jumping on to the fax machine as soon as I got into the office, then once or twice more a day to dial the official server to get the latest position reports - can't recall how often, maybe 6 or 12 hourly?.  I think I even went in one Saturday to pick up a position report.  

I was at the 2nd Punta Del Este/Uruguay stopover and managed to visit almost all of the boats.

• Like 1

On 4/21/2020 at 5:51 PM, Matagi said:

Popped up in my recommendations. 

Fantastic vid. My favorite part is how it ends just as some of the boats have reached Punta del Este for the second time.

On 4/21/2020 at 5:24 PM, Trovão said:

I was at the 2nd Punta Del Este/Uruguay stopover and managed to visit almost all of the boats.

I was in California, SF Bay area. October 17, when we had our '89 earthquake. My friends in Punta said the harbor drained and refilled the tidal range in about an hour,  on October 18. Did you experience that?

2 hours ago, jhc said:

I was in California, SF Bay area. October 17, when we had our '89 earthquake. My friends in Punta said the harbor drained and refilled the tidal range in about an hour,  on October 18. Did you experience that?

I am not sure, I might remember something like that but the memories are kinda foggy after all those years, specially considering the ammount of (very tasty) Uruguayan beer we've been consuming in the days we were in Punta for the race.

image.jpeg.2e2bed1fed8c1a1c0bbca6cc7b0181c7.jpegimage.jpeg.c6f6be41cb61dac75fc646fba4e21e3a.jpegimage.jpeg.81ba7d2718db970abf4d0197ce53e4a3.jpeg

Was working at Ullman on the Hamble when Steinlager finished.....borrowed the rescue boats from Weston SC and followed her in (with everybody else) amazing watching the crew work as they gybed in......

amazing stuff. Longer version here

Merit is currently on the hard at cracker boy. Any ideas what going on?

• Like 1

On 4/22/2020 at 7:46 AM, Misbehavin' said:

Check Apple TV - I watched it in NZ a couple of weeks back on there

• Like 1