Sign in to follow this  
Zonker

Trump - injecting yourself with disinfectant/bringing light inside your body??

On 4/23/2020 at 9:01 PM, toddster said:

I don't usually watch the talking heads on TV, but I did happen to catch the Cheeto-In-Chief at the infamous CDC briefing.  It was stunning.  It's one thing to read about it, but to actually see the babbling moron in action and think that THIS is the President of the USA is a shock.  "Idiocracy" was far too optimistic.  

Of all the crazy things Trump has said, this may be the best testament to his intellectual capacity. 

• Like 1

Wonder how Trump would interpret this

More inspired leadership

_112015950_pence_mask_off_thumb.nbcnews-

Mike Pence has visited a top US hospital without wearing a mask, despite the medical centre's own rules that visitors wear personal protective equipment.

Mr Pence appeared to be the only person present not in a facial covering at the Mayo Clinic in Minnesota.

An aide to Mr Pence was the first White House member to test positive for the virus in late March.

8 minutes ago, KC375 said:

More inspired leadership

Mike Pence has visited a top US hospital without wearing a mask, despite the medical centre's own rules that visitors wear personal protective equipment.

Mr Pence appeared to be the only person present not in a facial covering at the Mayo Clinic in Minnesota.

An aide to Mr Pence was the first White House member to test positive for the virus in late March.

God will protect him.  Word is God is planning a rapture very soon and Mikey is first on the list.

Buh-bye!

• Like 1

Pence doing a Boris.  Awesome.

WTF?  This lack of listening to SCIENTISTS and EXPERTS boggles this simple boys mind.  Trump upon being told you can't send astronauts to the sun asked, what if you send them at night?  Obviously Trump's pet christian don't need no stinking mask and remember he has mother to breast feed him if he falls sick, I hear breast milk works???

1 hour ago, KC375 said:

More inspired leadership

To be honest, the only guy who has it right is the one in the right rear wearing what appears to be an N95 mask. Surgical masks are next to useless at stopping a person catching Covid-19. :wacko:

Worth noting that N95 stops 95% of particles as small as 0.3 micron. SARS-CoV-2 is as small as 0.1 micron (surgical masks are rated at 100 micron, so allow particles 1,000 times the size of the virus), so even that isn't prefect.

37 minutes ago, RobG said:

To be honest, the only guy who has it right is the one in the right rear wearing what appears to be an N95 mask. Surgical masks are next to useless at stopping a person catching Covid-19. :wacko:

Worth noting that N95 stops 95% of particles as small as 0.3 micron. SARS-CoV-2 is as small as 0.1 micron (surgical masks are rated at 100 micron, so allow particles 1,000 times the size of the virus), so even that isn't prefect.

Mask aren’t intended to filter out viruses - from exp fighting TB, the standard process is to throw a surgical mask on a suspected patients so they don’t aerosol spray the entire area. 

masks also have the benefit of mitigating against basic contact transfer. If you can’t touch your mouth and nose you’re not transferring from your hands. 

39 minutes ago, RobG said:

In situations of public leadership it is both the substance (e.g. the right mask) and role modeling constructive behaviour. What Pence and Trump role model is ignore the advice of public health experts.

42 minutes ago, Miffy said:

Not surprised. 

0B804D6F-B53A-4366-8C02-E73B0E02B5FD.jpeg

The guy on the right should have removed his mask and sneezed on Pence.  But odds are they tested every person in this photo before Pence walked in.

5 minutes ago, Jules said:

The guy on the right should have removed his mask and sneezed on Pence.  But odds are they tested every person in this photo before Pence walked in.

That’s great planning given the time delay on test results.

2 hours ago, KC375 said:

More inspired leadership

What are all the pins they have on their lapels? Looks like some shit from the Soviet Union. 

1 minute ago, pusslicker said:

What are all the pins they have on their lapels? Looks like some shit from the Soviet Union. 

Made in China

18 minutes ago, Miffy said:

Mask aren’t intended to filter out viruses - from exp fighting TB, the standard process is to throw a surgical mask on a suspected patients so they don’t aerosol spray the entire area. 

Yes, that is the primary effect of surgical masks. They attenuate the spray, they don't necessarily stop it. N95 masks do the same but are also specifically designed to stop stuff going the other way. So if you want to not catch a disease through the air, N95 offers much better protection.

masks also have the benefit of mitigating against basic contact transfer. If you can’t touch your mouth and nose you’re not transferring from your hands. 

That is unproven. Transferring the virus to the mask instead of directly onto skin just means its progress is slowed, not stopped. Surgical masks don't provide a physical barrier to the virus itself, it likely just proceeds through the mask into airways. 

Coronavirus mask guidance is endangering US health workers, experts say

"With crucial protective gear in short supply, federal authorities are saying health workers can wear lower-grade surgical masks while treating Covid-19 patients – but growing evidence suggests the practice is putting workers in jeopardy.

"The allowance for surgical masks made more sense when scientists initially thought the virus was spread by large droplets. But a growing body of research shows that it is spread by minuscule viral particles that can linger in the air as long as 16 hours."

23 minutes ago, pusslicker said:

Congressional pins.  They have their little club insignia.  There are different ones for pages, etc.  If you don't have one of those, you have to wear a flag pin.  

28 minutes ago, pusslicker said:

In the US for the past 20 years? Instead of doing actual things to support the troops or improve investment in the country for the future, it is about “thank you for your service” and look at me saluting the flag 

FWIW, back in the day when I worked in the National Laboratory System, every time there was a cabinet-level or better visitor, all the "safety" regulations that we spent 80% of our day  playing at went out of the window.  All the warning signs, safety zones, inspectors, monitoring equipment - it all just vanished for a day.  Even the "real" ones.  Oh, and all the national security regulations disappeared for a day when there was a group visiting from Israel.  

I wear an N95 for some part of every day to protect ME from wood and fiberglass dust particles. We wear the 3m type with the one way valve which I see plenty of people wearing on tv and common sense would tell me that it will protect me from someone else rather than the other way around despite what we keep getting told by "experts". If I were infected and coughed or sneezed it is going straight out the front through the valve, protecting no one. The style without the valve would obviously protect others better as any droplets are going to exit around the perimeter assuming the velocity of a sneeze or cough . The mask itself regardless of how many layers is not going to prevent the droplets escaping and potentially infecting others but reduce and redirect the velocity, but probably do trap low velocity breathing and talking droplets. It is clear to me that the type with the valve offer little to no protection to others around me and have no place in a medical setting, in fact the N95 designation probably offer a false sense of security. They are effective however at protecting me from dust in an industrial setting.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Steve said:

I wear an N95 for some part of every day to protect ME from wood and fiberglass dust particles. We wear the 3m type with the one way valve which I see plenty of people wearing on tv and common sense would tell me that it will protect me from someone else rather than the other way around despite what we keep getting told by "experts". If I were infected and coughed or sneezed it is going straight out the front through the valve, protecting no one. The style without the valve would obviously protect others better as any droplets are going to exit around the perimeter assuming the velocity of a sneeze or cough . The mask itself regardless of how many layers is not going to prevent the droplets escaping and potentially infecting others but reduce and redirect the velocity, but probably do trap low velocity breathing and talking droplets. It is clear to me that the type with the valve offer little to no protection to others around me and have no place in a medical setting, in fact the N95 designation probably offer a false sense of security. They are effective however at protecting me from dust in an industrial setting.

I think I have most common types of 3M mask available.  Agreed, they are not made to protect others.

3M 7162 Full-Facepiece Spray Paint Respirator - Organic Vapor ...

I think wearing one of these will just scare the shit out of people.

Rueters poll, 98% of Dem and rep would not inject themselves with bleach as suggested by fearless leader. So..... I really hope that 2% is a margin of error and not a hard number. 

He wears a mask 24/7 so he can breath inside Orangemans arse...so why would he put another one on for??? He would look stupid.

51 minutes ago, SASSAFRASS said:

Rueters poll, 98% of Dem and rep would not inject themselves with bleach as suggested by fearless leader. So..... I really hope that 2% is a margin of error and not a hard number. 

I can think of at least 2% that the world would benefit by if they did........let’s start at the top and work down, see how far we can get. 

9 hours ago, mad said:

I think I have most common types of 3M mask available.  Agreed, they are not made to protect others.

3M 7162 Full-Facepiece Spray Paint Respirator - Organic Vapor ...

I think wearing one of these will just scare the shit out of people.

I'm pissed off I didn't buy one of these when they were still readily available. Not for Covid-19 but for work I'm doing at home. With the half face respirator on I can't easily wear protective glasses that keep the concrete dust out of my eyes.

The scary part is how bad is he fucking up behind the scenes?  If he is dumb enough to say this shit on TV, what is he saying behind closed doors?  

On 4/26/2020 at 6:54 PM, Kenny Dumas said:

He was hired to drain the swamp.

I don’t think anyone realized how stupid he is. 

Trump could not drain a swamp if the swamp was clear water in a bath with a plug on a chain in full sight at one end. 

On 4/28/2020 at 9:26 PM, pusslicker said:

Paul Fussell, Class: a guide through the American status system (1983), p.65:

Jewelry is another instant class-lower, like the enameled little Old Glory lapel pins worn by the insane and by cynical politicians working backward districts.

Trump qualifies on both counts, as he is obviously insane (“just inject bleach”) and his entire ‘base’ consists of ignorant rednecks. Since he went into politics, he has always worn one of those stupid flag pins. Tacky ...

donald-trump-obamacare-2020.jpg?quality=

2 hours ago, SeattleB said:

The scary part is how bad is he fucking up behind the scenes?  If he is dumb enough to say this shit on TV, what is he saying behind closed doors?  

I like to think the advisers might have a little more input away from the cameras. 

3 hours ago, SeattleB said:

26 minutes ago, SCARECROW said:

I like to think the advisers might have a little more input away from the cameras. 

Reports are that Trump spends very little time, if any at all, in official meetings, cabinet meetings, or briefings. Insiders say he spends all morning in his residence watching news and commiserating on the phone with the likes of Hannity. Some unofficial sycophants may visit to help stabilize his emotions. Then he pops into the office for whatever photo op and ego-boosting rant is on the schedule. Then back to the residence. Perhaps sawing thru overcooked steaks with some fawning dinner guests. No meeting like any real executive would be familiar with. Praise the Lord.

• Like 1

Good luck with the praise the lord approach, I don't think she is listening right now and she definitely doesn't approve of mr. trump.  pence has mother to answer to.

I have been administering regular doses of 40% grain alcohol to disinfect myself of coronavirus. 

2 minutes ago, Mark Set said:

I have been administering regular doses of 40% grain alcohol to disinfect myself of coronavirus. 

Me too!  So far I am healthy as a horse.

Hroth

• Like 1

On 4/30/2020 at 3:42 PM, Svanen said:

Paul Fussell, Class: a guide through the American status system (1983), p.65:

Trump qualifies on both counts, as he is obviously insane (“just inject bleach”) and his entire ‘base’ consists of ignorant rednecks. Since he went into politics, he has always worn one of those stupid flag pins. Tacky ...

donald-trump-obamacare-2020.jpg?quality=

Well, he only bought one pin - being a cheap bastard - and stuck it on his only suit to ride down the escalator and he's been wearing both ever since.   He changes shorts a lot, though.  So the make-up can be bleached out.

• Like 1