Sign in to follow this  
Jules

How Do They Expect You To Pour From This?

As you can see, I tried to remove the top from the hardener can in the usual manner and it was close to impossible.  I ended up using vise-grips to get it off and from there closing it back up presented more challenges.  That kit is almost gone but I have another one I have to open up.

PP_01.jpg.f2590cbdce90caf97c16eda15f9fa00c.jpg

If I open the hardener can like intended, how did the manufacturer think the user was going to pour from that center opening? 

Doesn't the center pull up to form a spout? Shouldn't be hard, and I'd prefer that over pouring it all over the lip in the lid. 

• Like 1

Childproof packaging.  Try using a proper paint can opener instead of a flat screwdriver.

I've put about 9 quarts of Perfection Plus on my boat and never had a problem pouring the catalyst from that little spout.

PAINTINGTOOLSLIDESHOW_19_20.jpg

39 minutes ago, Jules said:

PP_01.jpg.f2590cbdce90caf97c16eda15f9fa00c.jpg

If I open the hardener can like intended, how did the manufacturer think the user was going to pour from that center opening? 

Looks like you used the big hammer to close that can of hardener. :D

Yeah, the new tops are great.  Pull it up with the rings on the cap, then take the cap off, and you got a spout.  Easier measuring and can be closed and reopened.  The lids get glued on after one use.

There are plastic pouring brims that snap into the groove for gallon can.  Helps keep paint from running down the side of the can.  They can fit on quart cans with persuasion.

Like this.

Edited by 2airishuman
removed image because I don't want to use up my image space

Right, well, I took a photo to show you, but my phone makes large jpg files and I have deleted it since I guess we only can upload 10 MB ever, and I don't want to use it up.  And I'm not going to screw around downsampling it.

Anyway before you unscrew the orange thing, you pull the orange thing straight up until the spout comes out 2" from the lid.  Then you unscrew the orange thing and pour.  Works great.

I take the lid completely off when I'm using the very last of the hardener.

Tip: I sometimes transfer the new goo into cleaned out poly jugs. Like motor oil bottles. Nice caps. Sweet pouring. The downside is the contents cannot be stirred if that is necessary. So it is for projects underway.

Over 7000 other idiots apparently needed to see this video to understand how these spouts work. Not me, though, of course. Not me. I said, NOT ME.

WTF dude, did you ever post a picture of your girlfriend's tits?  Thought not.  Sounds like you are trying some stuff that your shouldn't, there are strong chemical in them thar cans.

This has GOT to be a troll. Please tell me it's a troll!

Let's not take ourselves toooo seriously now, the topic is about pouring chemicals out of containers.  I like the plastic bits that fit into the 1.5L liquor bottles, wait, that gives me a constructive idea, decant the above mentioned chemicals into old Gin and Rum bottles, caps seal well and the little tops help control the pour.  Never been accused of trolling except for fish, I guess I am humbled by the honor bestowed on me.

The centre spout design is a pain sometimes. But were chemical fumes present and strong at the time of the pouring problem? That too can be an issue...so im told...:)

Jules, I'm surprised at you. It works just like the lids on gallon cans of olive oil.

33 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

Jules, I'm surprised at you. It works just like the lids on gallon cans of olive oil.

+1

5 hours ago, Ishmael said:

Or Selenia engine oil cans.

On 4/29/2020 at 11:48 AM, SloopJonB said:

Looks like you used the big hammer to close that can of hardener. :D

Don’t be too hard on him.  He used the right side of the hammer.

Her.

Jules is a she.

On 4/30/2020 at 7:17 PM, zenmasterfred said:

As I forgot above I should never miss an opportunity to keep my mouth shut, but I am having a really difficult time and don't want to be branded a TROLL again.  The Horror...

On 4/29/2020 at 7:01 PM, 2airishuman said:

Like this.

Edited April 29 by 2airishuman
removed image because I don't want to use up my image space

Use up image space? What's that?