Jules

Corona Lounge: What are you pourin'? Who's playin'?

No Donald drinks in this household 

20200924_063501.thumb.jpg.a835dd099b0f7cff68bbc8596f7200c4.jpg

Sorry about the orientation.  Feel like listening to something old, like Counry JOE and the Fish, or maybe JOE Cocker. Joe just seems right now. Funny how that is.

Here are some of the greatest musicians to ever touch instruments doing a lighthearted ‘covid blues’ thing to raise money for struggling musicians during the pandemic. 

Call it a little bit of virtual busking. Don’t worry it’s not for them, all of these guys are well fixed, they are just doing their part.

BTW, the girl singing ain’t just a pretty face...she’s also one of the best drummers in the world.

• Like 1

10 acres straight whiskey and Tom Jones running with CSNY

CS Cabernet

Benny Goodman - Sing, Sing,Sing from the Live at Carnegie Hall recording. Great stuff.

B000Y9PI6S.jpg

On 11/5/2020 at 8:05 PM, Sail4beer said:

19 crimes Cabernet and this

I liked that. Thank you so much.

and a little bourbon

History can’t be forgotten if it’s remembered

... and an OK Rioja. :) 

• Like 1

On 11/21/2020 at 11:19 AM, Sail4beer said:

History can’t be forgotten if it’s remembered

^^^ That resonated 

I just watched the brutal 2015 film 'Colonia' set against the backdrop of the 1973 Chilean military coup....coming from the same era the takeover in Argentina. Maybe harshly but that Sth American era of divisions and it's beginnings reminds of where divisions are now around the world.

On the soundtrack one of my favourite artists popped out of the blue with 'Samba Pa Ti' on the album Abraxas released in 1970.

Carlos Santana nor his label deemed it single material when Abraxas was first released. However in 1974 it finally became available as a 45 and charted. Santana's Black Magic Women also charted long after release. 

I seem attached to late bloomers before they bloom like  Brian Wilson - Barenaked Ladies and Cinnamon Girl - Neil Young etc.

In my vinyl collection which hasn't seen a needle in years since putting everything on a drive.

10 hours ago, Matagi said:

Fitting.

Cliche. Looking smokin in the bed and bath yes. actually smoking in the bed and bath now days, yes definitely is a rarity.

well, 1st, thank God today is Sunday...as this past week I;ve over indulged and need to get back into the groove tomorrow. BUT,

Favorite Hard Cider :Zombie Killer cider/meade with sour cherries

http://www.bnektar.com/brews/zombie-killer/

and Awestruck Cider's Winter Solstice 

https://www.awestruckciders.com/

I bought a case of Paul Durdilly  Les Grandes Coasses  Beaujolais Nouveau   and it is the finest Beaujolais I;'ve had

finished a bottle of Aberlour 18Y.O. single Malt

and  now I'm diggin Porters Modern Classic Gin with fever tree tonic

for music:

my band played what we think will be our final gig of 2020 last night at the Gardiner Brewing Company in upstate NY (Near New Platz NY)  fine beer and we played well.  

Just signed the contracts to go into the recording studio to record our first album January 4th...we figure there won;t be any more live music until at least late spring (outdoors) so might as well record.

I've been listening to a lot of old Americana....

Woody Guthrie

Pete Seeger 

Hank Williams

Patsy Cline

The Stanley Brothers

Bill Monroe

Doc Watson

as well as some great modern musicians

Billy Strings

Infamous Stringdusters

Rob Ickes

Trey Hensley

Sturgill Simpson

• Like 1

This is HOW old? My god. I was so young and naïve. Now I'm only ... young. ;) 

8 hours ago, dacapo said:

well, 1st, thank God today is Sunday...as this past week I;ve over indulged and need to get back into the groove tomorrow. BUT,

Favorite Hard Cider :Zombie Killer cider/meade with sour cherries

http://www.bnektar.com/brews/zombie-killer/

and Awestruck Cider's Winter Solstice 

https://www.awestruckciders.com/

I bought a case of Paul Durdilly  Les Grandes Coasses  Beaujolais Nouveau   and it is the finest Beaujolais I;'ve had

finished a bottle of Aberlour 18Y.O. single Malt

and  now I'm diggin Porters Modern Classic Gin with fever tree tonic

for music:

my band played what we think will be our final gig of 2020 last night at the Gardiner Brewing Company in upstate NY (Near New Platz NY)  fine beer and we played well.  

Just signed the contracts to go into the recording studio to record our first album January 4th...we figure there won;t be any more live music until at least late spring (outdoors) so might as well record.

I've been listening to a lot of old Americana....

Woody Guthrie

Pete Seeger 

Hank Williams

Patsy Cline

The Stanley Brothers

Bill Monroe

Doc Watson

as well as some great modern musicians

Billy Strings

Infamous Stringdusters

Rob Ickes

Trey Hensley

Sturgill Simpson

Congrats on your first album...:)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Keith said:

Congrats on your first album...:)

not going to be a full length but a 5 song EP.   We may even do 7 in. vinyl to sell.  the studio we're using is awesome and I even talked one of my fellow Yacht Club member's, who is a well known record producer in NYC to "lend an hand" 

Tonight's libation was rum and eggnog.  

Late evenings these days are spent searching through the work of female rockers looking for material for my rock cover band.  We have a female lead vocal with a lower vocal range.  After spending quite a bit of time on The Pretty Reckless, the last couple of days the focus has been on Halestorm.  Here's a catchy tune with a great hook:

Winter Solstice and I'm in a dark mood.

20201221_143508.thumb.jpg.469dc4d1442ec5c7ad05f5ce29dacd30.jpg

with Grateful Dead.

My best friend and long time sailing buddy was checked into the hospital last night with covid and pneumonia. Fortunately he is responding well to the drugs, and hopefully will fully recover soon. Fucking covid.

GetAttachmentThumbnail?id=AQMkADAwATE0OTMwLTUwZGUtZWM2Ny0wMAItMDAKAEYAAAP1t7IEbThURIKUAuU1FYihBwDDUcwK%2FvkrQaUpas8p%2B3waAAACAQwAAAC78Yldlab0QZj2KpqWTcTiAAOePqZTAAAAARIAEAAb2wG5Ys6eTrI0YiwwZe%2Fn&thumbnailType=2&isc=1&token=eyJhbGciOiJSUzI1NiIsImtpZCI6IjMwODE3OUNFNUY0QjUyRTc4QjJEQjg5NjZCQUY0RUNDMzcyN0FFRUUiLCJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJ4NXQiOiJNSUY1emw5TFV1ZUxMYmlXYTY5T3pEY25ydTQifQ.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.cBvMiSO5MX1SVkJSTqV1TTSmg2-35hQNrbLXMdr1Foflw1qe4BZwo5zFM7PP6P5tv4uap6IkY_VQ6t_2iC3REJ1wFaPdVSmD2XqT8S-mdQ3UySifWn3tJJyJJppC0bD6qyvv-S99xfCD40yTTvYehuPTDmlT2YBslgtqWOcLmED5WPoo7DIvUUASKxx4C8ToUKOP07sIT8nXtUhe_gnZPV96bgGRRbn9DlGlfb2sVArSWEpcQghRwelAlNdQrdLDcRVUfL0_vfnpdKUAus66nFufo-hnJ-UM5w1P9bVmoPJYPQQIuurE8rFf7kH4IjfO9zUAL1KGVZ8osNjmakoLkw&X-OWA-CANARY=DZn0Ydd8VE6AJjsZfNRcKmCR_CaqttgY2vhoMffEmxAAsW0Yolk8DTTh1kcJsM4AntvvnNJrV88.&owa=outlook.live.com&scriptVer=20210103002.04&animation=true

GetAttachmentThumbnail?id=AQMkADAwATE0OTMwLTUwZGUtZWM2Ny0wMAItMDAKAEYAAAP1t7IEbThURIKUAuU1FYihBwDDUcwK%2FvkrQaUpas8p%2B3waAAACAQwAAAC78Yldlab0QZj2KpqWTcTiAAOePqZSAAAAARIAEAAZ34OY6FsnRISStPwKJt8w&thumbnailType=2&isc=1&token=eyJhbGciOiJSUzI1NiIsImtpZCI6IjMwODE3OUNFNUY0QjUyRTc4QjJEQjg5NjZCQUY0RUNDMzcyN0FFRUUiLCJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJ4NXQiOiJNSUY1emw5TFV1ZUxMYmlXYTY5T3pEY25ydTQifQ.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.cBvMiSO5MX1SVkJSTqV1TTSmg2-35hQNrbLXMdr1Foflw1qe4BZwo5zFM7PP6P5tv4uap6IkY_VQ6t_2iC3REJ1wFaPdVSmD2XqT8S-mdQ3UySifWn3tJJyJJppC0bD6qyvv-S99xfCD40yTTvYehuPTDmlT2YBslgtqWOcLmED5WPoo7DIvUUASKxx4C8ToUKOP07sIT8nXtUhe_gnZPV96bgGRRbn9DlGlfb2sVArSWEpcQghRwelAlNdQrdLDcRVUfL0_vfnpdKUAus66nFufo-hnJ-UM5w1P9bVmoPJYPQQIuurE8rFf7kH4IjfO9zUAL1KGVZ8osNjmakoLkw&X-OWA-CANARY=6jsFXrcToEGB_6dM6bdmPbCgGSiqttgYId1ZJFOq7EPunkpN3p8ikUZiRNDZnbP96NFFsFbV75U.&owa=outlook.live.com&scriptVer=20210103002.04&animation=true