Jules

Corona Lounge: What are you pourin'? Who's playin'?

Stoly & lemonade, served in a tumbler with lots of ice

Spyro Gyra is on the turntable...

• Like 1

Coffee and tunes from the cassette era at the moment.

Rum, scotch, bourbon,or rye later, what ever is closest at hand

Cheers

• Like 1

Coffee and Jazz24 now.

Bar opens at 6:00 with CS Cab or Seghesio Zin.

George Winston, Lynn Arriale, and Terrence Farrell queued up followed by more Jazz24 until closing.

• Like 1

Hanging on the boat, have my iPod in my stereo shuffling about 4,500 songs.  Gin on the ice w/ two olives and two onions, a splash of juice from the olive bottle.  May switch to real boat drinks tonight, Mt. Gay and Rum with a splash of ice.  Don't want to spoil it with Tonic now do we?

• Like 1

gin and tonic plus ice and lime

good red wine

neil diamond

booze.JPG

• Like 1

A Mendoza Cab Sav and best of UB40 1980-2000

• Like 2

Bottle of red, half a bottle of port whilst Skyping with good mates from university days. Needless to say I felt rough as hell the next day. Also found in the dog bed at 2.30 am by my wife! Damned good fun though but won’t be repeating any time soon!

• Like 1

The Corona Lounge is filling up. 748131222_S_CHEE1.gif.3f7477c66a539558d27c0fd1200b7867.gif

20200503_134632.thumb.jpg.4fd377559f1e09c17820f6b3b22980e4.jpg

I was gonna rotate 90, but this better sums up the situation. 

Sativa and Dead time... gotta go. Cheers.

48 minutes ago, Varan said:

20200503_134632.thumb.jpg.4fd377559f1e09c17820f6b3b22980e4.jpg

I was gonna rotate 90, but this better sums up the situation. 

Sativa and Dead time... gotta go. Cheers.

Cannot edit, so I will add..

More boat washing therapy today w/ iPod on shuffle.  I now try to name that song when they come up now.  Had several Mt. Gay and Tonics to take the edge off.

• Like 1

On 5/4/2020 at 12:37 AM, zenmasterfred said:

Had several Mt. Gay and Tonics to take the edge off. 

I'm going to have to try that.  I usually use Mt. Gay in my LIs.  But I never considered tonic.

On 5/3/2020 at 9:42 AM, furr_ball said:

gin and tonic plus ice and lime

good red wine

neil diamond

booze.JPG

What the fuck are you doing at my house! 

Dixie Chicks "Fly"

Wynns Coonawarra shiraz ........

Moon rises in 15...

Like most people in lockdown I turned my attention to home projects including the mother of all tasks- cleaning 20 years of crap out of our 4 car garage (that hasn’t had a car in it for over a decade). So I dragged every thing out, took 1/3 or it to the dump, charity shops or recycling places, built a workshop and storage racks and was left with a large space. So I decided the challenge was to create a hang out area for my two boys using only what I had in my pile of crap. Old sails were used for walls, car seats became couches and discarded sporting equipment became decor. We christened it ‘Club Corona’ and it has been a huge success. So welcome to the Covid club.

171B5D60-6860-41D7-AF69-0886B1DB16F2.jpeg

I knew you guys were a bit behind us with your sail development . Didnt know you still used plywood though 

On 5/8/2020 at 3:32 AM, LB 15 said:

What the fuck are you doing at my house! 

drinking your gin cause I've run out

and your garage is tidier than mine plus I can't find the dartboard.....

• Like 1

10 hours ago, 44forty said:

I knew you guys were a bit behind us with your sail development . Didnt know you still used plywood though 

ADF26D56-945B-4A0E-BCC5-D8E602CB637D.jpeg

• Like 1

Arrived at the lounge on bike. 

it is Piedmont Park. 

My water bottle is filled with a nice red. 

The sound track comes from music being played for all  present. 

The video track includes great people watching from steps that remove me from close contact. 

• Like 1

Tangled Up In Blue - Garcia

Long Island Ice Tea

Ali Farka Toure - The Source

Luke cabernet

18 hours ago, LB 15 said:

ADF26D56-945B-4A0E-BCC5-D8E602CB637D.jpeg

Looks good mate , well done and I mean it I’m not taking the piece 

• Like 1

Cantaloop - Manhatten Transfer

A glass of Seven Deadly Zins. OK, two glasses. OK, maybe one for my baby and one more for the road.

EZK2dYcUMAUMHk-.thumb.jpeg.d3593dcd77680768c2c79639037128bd.jpegEZK2zrxUcAIudqt.png.de5ab03ee7b823d5ac18e32c2eb493f0.png

Protesters Set Minneapolis Police Precinct On Fire

So the Orange Clown says; "..but when the the looting starts, the shooting starts." 

Not to mention fuck with me Twitter and I will fuck you up the arse.

TRUMP HAS FULL-FLEDGED MELTDOWN OVER TWITTER FACT-CHECKING HIM

Trump Signs Executive Order Targeting Social Media

And all while weaponising an epidemic for political gain.

Minnesota Democrat Governer  - Minneapolis Democrat Mayor 

EZKOVGBVAAUohLM.jpeg.7e62ed988383c2949be108caf300a916.jpeg

I'm not liking this cunt at all ..... I might go smoke some weed as anger management therapy.

So now I'm off my face a protest tune seems appropriate in these troubled times....so looking back in history to find a time.

How about this....

1968 the Year that Rocked America - Race Riots - Vietnam Escalated - Robert Kennedy - Martin Luther King - Olympics Black Power - Feminist Protests Miss America. 

And certainly something with original lyrics unlike the Orange Clown who is simply copying from the past.

"When the looting starts, the shooting starts."  - Police Chief Walter Hedley 7 August 1968 Miami (coincided with Nixon Republican convention 9 mile away in Miami Beach that day. He died  3 months later)

and

."When the looting starts, the shooting starts." --George Wallace, April 1968  Pittsburg during Democrat Primaries (history wasn't kind to him also, shot in 1972 Primaries and paralysed)

Don't things happen in threes?? Fuck that would be a tragedy.

IMG_20200530_013632.jpg

EZMEXKXUYAADTck.jpeg

PS. Wallace's outburst was typical. When activists interrupted his rally at Madison Square Garden in 1968, Wallace asked why Democratic and Republican leaders “kowtow to these anarchists.” He added, “We don’t have riots in Alabama. They start a riot down there, first one of ’em to pick up a brick gets a bullet in the brain, that’s all.”

Georges shit talk makes me think of revenge like Thunderclap Newman's - 1969 hit Something in the Air, which cried "Hand out the arms and ammo … because the revolution's here," 

Or maybe Jefferson Airplane whooping, "Got a revolution, got to revolution" on their hit Volunteers.

But to link the past with present you really can't go past 1969/70 when Nixon new in the White House appeared on TV to address the "great, silent, majority of my fellow Americans". He then went on to good ole "positive polarisation" Americans love until they worked out he was fucking them up the arse, much like the current cunt occupying 1600 Pennsylvania Av.

Nixon while looking like a sweating shoe salesman on television, he was a master of working on the hidden veins of fear, racism and resentment which lie deep in Middle America. Mining respect for the past, distrust of the future, the politics of 'againstness.' 

Anyway at the end of May in 1970 he thought it would be fucking great idea to bomb the fuck out of neutral Cambodia neighbouring Vietnam as the Viet Cong were kicking his arse. This precipitated as you would expect a massive escalation in campus rebellion throughout America. Typical was that at Kent State University in Ohio on 2 May, where students set fire to the headquarters of the university's reserve officers' training corps and threw rocks at the Ohio national guard. None of the guardsmen were sympathetic to the grievances of privileged long hair students, avoiding the draft and who were probably banging their younger sisters and getting them hooked on weed.

The guardsmen's song, Billy Buckeye, emphasised their sense of defensive pride: "We aren't no cheap tin soldiers."

"So on Monday the 4th of May they organised another protest. As morning classes ended, the number of students on the campus commons topped 1,000, watched by another 2,000 curious spectators. 

On the dot of noon, three units of guardsmen advanced on the commons, firing teargas canisters, but the majority unwittingly walked into a dead end, hemmed in by a chainlink fence at the end of the university sports field. After 15 minutes of rocks and ridicule thrown by the students, they retreated up the hill.

Then, at 24 minutes past noon, one group turned around to face the students and opened fire. Thirteen seconds and 61 shots later, four students lay dead on the ground: Bill Schroeder, Sandy Scheuer, Allison Krause and Jeff Miller. Student photographer John Filo snapped a picture of 14-year-old runaway Mary Vecchio kneeling, open-mouthed, over Miller's corpse." Guardian

74149574_images-2020-05-30T050611_337.jpeg.dcf7b06a939387956162e2434c62e7d3.jpeg2068876218_images-2020-05-30T050521_130.jpeg.0b08329ba193c4ec6f2ca84f504ce762.jpeg

It was this horrifying image 50 years ago this month of Mary kneeling over Jeff's lifeless body in Life Magazine that, a week later, caught the eye of a guy called Neil Young.

So my favourite musician of all time ...who I think got me hooked on flannel shirts.

Tin soldiers and Nixon's coming 
We're finally on our own 
This summer I hear the drumming 
Four dead in Ohio 
~Neil Young - May 1970 

Fuck Trump.

PS. and he is banging Daryl Hannah..legend.

I hope to fucking God that this shit stops in the US and the police that murder black and other minority people are  put in prison as the murderers they are. If they are sick of dealing with the minority civilian population, they should request a transfer or retire from the force and become a civil servant in another capacity. There are too many qualified people available to police ourselves for the good of society.

Stepping down from soap box and getting back on the boat.

Nothing wrong with long hair, flannels and ripped jeans

FF02F6EB-8222-4BE6-96BE-71D85AE37DC3.jpeg

Sailed up to Oak Bay yesterday. Anchored with Dominic Ferinacci - Dawn of Goodby and some Luke Cabernet. Getting ready this evening for some gypsy jazz and perhaps some Rioja.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sail4beer said:

I hope to fucking God that this shit stops in the US and the police that murder black and other minority people are  put in prison as the murderers they are. If they are sick of dealing with the minority civilian population, they should request a transfer or retire from the force and become a civil servant in another capacity. There are too many qualified people available to police ourselves for the good of society.

Stepping down from soap box and getting back on the boat.

Nothing wrong with long hair, flannels and ripped jeans

FF02F6EB-8222-4BE6-96BE-71D85AE37DC3.jpeg

Nice boat, especially the bell bottomed keel. 

• Like 1

On 5/9/2020 at 4:33 AM, LB 15 said:

Like most people in lockdown I turned my attention to home projects including the mother of all tasks- cleaning 20 years of crap out of our 4 car garage (that hasn’t had a car in it for over a decade). So I dragged every thing out, took 1/3 or it to the dump, charity shops or recycling places, built a workshop and storage racks and was left with a large space. So I decided the challenge was to create a hang out area for my two boys using only what I had in my pile of crap. Old sails were used for walls, car seats became couches and discarded sporting equipment became decor. We christened it ‘Club Corona’ and it has been a huge success. So welcome to the Covid club.

171B5D60-6860-41D7-AF69-0886B1DB16F2.jpeg

So where is my invitation fuck head?

• Like 1

Don’t you just drop on in like they do on those sitcoms? The boys installed a dog door for you:rolleyes:

Rum runners with a splash of Myers dark.

The SO is on the piano playing some jazz.

But I'm not sitting on the piano singing.  And that's a good thing.

• Like 2

Seven Deadly Zins

SO is playing upright bass along with B. B. King and Diane Schuur - Heart to Heart

It's pretty mellow in the lounge tonight:)

• Like 1

20200531_190800.thumb.jpg.5dde5fc4f96094133f39bc950707d1d5.jpg

with Ben Harper and John Butler Trio.

Just Myers and Coke tonight but we've got Ronnie Scott's latest video playing.  COVID can't keep jazz quiet.

Fell asleep last night listening to the Highwaymen sipping Jameson 18 after a Spritzer Bomb, a hazy 8% IPA with Sauvignon Blanc mixed in for a boost.

Time to open a red blend.

Some Celtic tonight: Alex Stone Sweet - Memory & Praise followed by some John Renbourne

Azetec Camera, English Beat. The Jam, Psychedelic Furs,  Roxy and whatever cocktail makes the music even better

Chris Isaak,  Speak of the devil album

Three finger jack, Lodi, Cab sav......

Been working on the boat all day. Time to chill with:

Delfaeyo Marsalis - Jazz Party

H3 Cabernet

• Like 1

Nothings playing... but I'm missing John Prine. Where's my phone. Whoops, nevermind, I'm using it. 

Wifey and I had a big, okay really big, anniversary today, so here you go...

CS Cabernet

Ry Cooder/Manuel Galban -Mambo Sinuendo

Saldo red blend

A new discovery:

Fairly Honest Jazz Band - Live Bait, recorded live at the Baithouse Cafe

Our government, the maskless, clueless, only one song comes to mind...

• Like 1

We dropped everything and not having played together as a band for three months Did this  Holy crap we were rusty

A decent Rioja and the best band in the world nobody has ever heard of, Over the Rhine from Ohio.

El_Coto.jpg

• Like 2

EC2B3905-E451-47DC-9DD5-5C7848F4EED7.jpeg

image.jpg

Diana Krall, Girl in the other room album, 1000 stories Zinfandel. cali.

image.png.bd478b8cda6d30f726abed5768d64614.png

16 years to the day and my marriage is officially over. Staying aboard the Catalina 42 listening to Warren Zevon and drinking Shiner bock from Shiner,Texas. Great night!!!!!!!!

2 hours ago, Sail4beer said:

16 years to the day and my marriage is officially over. Staying aboard the Catalina 42 listening to Warren Zevon and drinking Shiner bock from Shiner,Texas. Great night!!!!!!!!

Sorry for asking S4B, but I am not sure I understand properly (English as second language and all). Do you mean that your marriage fell apart 16 years ago or that your 16 years marriage fell apart today?

In any case, Shiner bock is a good choice...

Well, as I often say about my former wife, you know why divorce is so expensive???  Because it is worth it.  I am blessed to have found the love of my life late in life and am grateful to be alive and have a sweet loving partner.  Soothing the bad news outside our little island bubble with a couple of stiff gin and tonics, or as I say, Gin my Friend.  Probably will go for some therapy tomorrow, wash my truck and put Jimmy Buffet on, drive up to the marina, launch my skiff and go in search of the wiley crustaceans (Dungeness Crab) we have in our waters.  I guess any problems I have are first world but taking this C-19 shit VERY SERIOUSLY!  Not Fucking Dead Yet!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Laurent said:

Sorry for asking S4B, but I am not sure I understand properly (English as second language and all). Do you mean that your marriage fell apart 16 years ago or that your 16 years marriage fell apart today?

In any case, Shiner bock is a good choice...

Married 7/23/04 and divorced 7/23/20. Very painful time period in my life. Never slept one full night until I moved out in March. 

Now I live on the Catalina 42, sleep like a rock and get alimony. She gets to keep the people cage. 
;)

I’m gonna start being like ZenFred

• Like 1

I'm keeping it simple tonight.  Myers dark and Coke.  Music is supplied by the Comcast channel that identifies as classic rock. 

But there was only enough Myers for a couple light drinks.  Now I have to mask up and brave the Florida anti-maskers who seem to think COVID doesn't exist in liquor stores.

19 hours ago, Sail4beer said:

Just think of it as social distancing. 

We're locked down stage 4 restrictions, 8pm curfew.

So can I come in?

Drinking Furphy and playing the Clash

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

On 7/3/2020 at 12:40 AM, dacapo said:

We dropped everything and not having played together as a band for three months Did this  Holy crap we were rusty

Is that you? that's really good.

:D

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

Is that you? that's really good.

:D

Thank you 

On 7/2/2020 at 7:40 AM, dacapo said:

That’s some pickin’! Muscle memory is underrated.:)

Usually the first day back after a break is pretty good. It’s the day after that sounds like crap- esp with recording equipment present-

On 7/24/2020 at 2:48 PM, Jules said:

I'm keeping it simple tonight.  Myers dark and Coke.  Music is supplied by the Comcast channel that identifies as classic rock. 

But there was only enough Myers for a couple light drinks.  Now I have to mask up and brave the Florida anti-maskers who seem to think COVID doesn't exist in liquor stores.

No curbside pickup should be illegal.  Even our local Trumpaloo Yalie wine guy will bring stuff out to the car.  No mask though, so I ask him to leave it on the curb, and then go back in the store.  I spray disinfect the bottles right there (with him furtively peeking out his front window) before putting them in the trunk.  It’s that lemony scent that lingers!  All the way home!

hey Wait!  Maybe I’ve stumbled on a gentle way to start convincing Trumpaloos to be a bit more responsible!  $$$$$$$$$$$$!!!?? 

2 hours ago, Amati said:

hey Wait!  Maybe I’ve stumbled on a gentle way to start convincing Trumpaloos to be a bit more responsible!  $$$$$$$$$$$$!!!?? 

Now you're being silly.  Trumpaloos being responsible?  Not unless Dear Leader tells them to.

6 hours ago, Jules said:

Now you're being silly.  Trumpaloos being responsible?  Not unless Dear Leader tells them to.

Greed is good?  :rolleyes:

For those pondering what to make, I found this lovely cocktail bartending genius. I may be in love. She has the best accent.

C57B04D9-10D7-4B2F-99E3-67618BA8A545.thumb.jpeg.09fb085aa35024de8546f022e8aad7cb.jpegEmerson Quartet, Duetsche Grammophone, Ives and Barber, L’Ecole Luminesce

(if only the edit function actually worked....)

F979127B-1D19-412F-906F-FBE8AD4D0158.jpeg

• Like 1

starts to get on at about 1:30.

bourbon and Sam Adams lager...

g re a t  guitar work 

• Like 1

Hi y'all. We had a really good day today despite wwc, and we got a bit messed up, but I really like tuning into y'all's (okay, even I know that is not a real word) music. Diversity is good. So please keep playing.

So, in light of that...

BUMP.

Becks and Los Bitchos tonight 

Total introspective, stunning, I can't speak. Listen to it all and contemplate

• Like 2

Not introspective, just fun to watch while drinking beer 

Short on video but:

Intrinsic Cabernet

Ry Cooder - Secret Love

and, as usual, Beck’s beer

• Like 2

Thanks, time to relax a bit in the Corona Lounge. Fun scrolling back and listening. 

Sipping a bit of bourbon, the last Grolsch Pilsner.

Life is good and Aurora is great

Hendrix, Stills and a Corona beer

• Like 1

Drinking Lawnmower Supreme, a beer of my own making. 3.9%ABV, dry hopped with Styrian Goldings, light, crisp, good for a hot night. 

Listening to acoustic demo version of Running out of Angel's, Elvis Costello. Connection by Elastica next in the queue. IMG_20200824_195940215.thumb.jpg.59055a88f2afa6221a7720609bf3ff48.jpg

• Like 1